PDA

View Full Version : The Official G-Men 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Giantsfan1080
01-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Is he well at running the ball, like if they dumped it off on a screen or something. If he is that would be great, with the ward/jacobs problem we could use a good player that can run to.

Yeah he's pretty good at running the nall often. They used Britt on a lot of reverses this year and he usually at minimum would get about 8 yards.

LetsGoGiants!
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Really? Man i've changed my opinion completly on Kenny Britt. We need a tall WR that can help Eli out, and he can run the ball well. I'm actually looking forward to drafting him now. If we can.

Giantsfan1080
01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Really? Man i've changed my opinion completly on Kenny Britt. We need a tall WR that can help Eli out, and he can run the ball well. I'm actually looking forward to drafting him now. If we can.

He had 7 rushing attempts this year for a 10.7 average. He actually is a really good blocker as well. The more I think of it I'm pretty sure he's not going to even be available for us at 29. Once teams start to watch the tape on him and get his numbers at the combine I could see him flying into the Top 20.

LetsGoGiants!
01-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Oh man, before I really wasn't interested in him much, and was kinda hoping he would get drafted before us, but now i'm totally on his side, I hope he's still availabe. He sounds like the goto guy in our WR situation.

giantsfan
01-28-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd love to have Britt or Nicks on this team, but I think that we're either going to have Plax or some other vet start the season as our number 1 WR so I think that if there's value at LB and LT we'll look at both of those positions first and end up grabbing a project like Ramses Barden who to me is almost as good of prospect as James Hardy was last year, and I loved James Hardy, he was like plax with a better team attitude.

giantsfan
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I got bored at lecture today:

Sign Michael Boley or Chris Gocong
We should be able to get one of these guys for a reasonable deal and either one would be a significant upgrade over Clark as the vet LB brought in to push the younger linebackers.

Throw Amani a great retirement party
Come on

Sign Bryant Johnson to a to a short term contract to battle Hixon for Amani's job. Again he's not a high profile signing and likely won't be very coveted but he's had a couple stretches where he's shown that he's a tough receiver who's strong in the intermediate passing game, has great size and is a willing blocker.

Bring back Plax if he's being a saint otherwise follow steps in Scenario B

Go into the draft targetting DHB, Kenny Britt, Shady or Knowshon in the first,
If we have a vet starter in place at one of the OLB spots I think that position becomes less of a priority because I expect Kehl to win the starting WLB spot, and think that both Boley and Gocong can do a good job at the Sam, while AP's fat and aging Goff is going to need some tutoring before he's ready to take the MIKE but when he does he'll be a good starter. Look for a high upside project later in the draft. So I think we should look to WR but if there's no one there we like I think we should take a complete luxury pick and grab either Knowshon or Shady because I know they're going to be studs in the NFL and they'd be just incredible at just raping defense after Jacobs pounds them til they're sore. Even with 8 in the box our running game would dominate and with plax back and hixon getting more experience eli will be able to make team's pay.

Grab Kropog or Beatty with New Orleans' pick
Ultimately I don't see Diehl starting at LT for us in 2-3 years whether it be ebcause he took his opt out or because he's swung over to RT to replace McKenzie so I really want the giants to come out of a draft with so many quality LT prospects with at least one that we feel will be an exceptional starter for us down the road. Both Kropog and Beatty have the quick feet necessary to excel in pass pro but both also do a very good job getting a push in the running game.

Grab Shawne Nelson with our second rounder if we go WR in round one, otherwise grab Ramses Barden
We need a WR with number one potential out of this draft just an insurance policy for the likely event that plax goes full ****** again within the next 4 years and we release him, so if we don't grab one in round two Barden is a guy who actually compares to plax if plax played at Cal-Poly. He's got incredible size and is great at going up to get the ball, has deceptive speed and is very strong, a willing blocker. If we've already grabbed a WR I think Nelson would be another great pickup and would let us be more creative out of 2 TE sets, he's a little light but he's bulking up and will continue to do so at hte NExt level and is a very under-rated run blocker, although his ability as a receiver is what makes him stand out.

Trade up from our third rounder with a fifth rounder for terrance taylor
Get ourselves a BIG NT type DT for our rotation and hope we can get him back to his sophomore and junior level of play.

Grab Caldwell with Gibril's comp pick
A nice C/OG project who provides quality depth along the interior of our oline.

In the fourth round grab Lee Robinson
I think this might be a match made in heaven since he's a great athlete who does a good job of reading quickly and stepping up and attacking the ball, he's a project but he's got time since he'll eventually be battling Boley or Gocong for the SLB spot.

With kawika's comp pick grab someone like Brandon Ore if he interviews well unless we went RB in round one, then we'd look for a late round project TE to backup the Bossman.

Scenario B
Trade our first rounder, third round and third rounder next year for Anquan Boldin, if we can't get Anquan trade for Braylon Edwards with a similar package. Negotiate a 4 year deal.
Gotta have a vet number one option if we're serious about a superbowl run next season, if it's not plax we've got to get one that fits, my preference is anquan since I feel he's got a good 4 years left of awesome production in him and is just a great fit both in mindset and playing style. Braylon's a very talented second option and even though he drops balls like shockey at his worst, but he is the type of guys that DC have to change their game plan for.

With New Orleans' pick grab Kropog or Beatty
Start off the draft with a LT prospect who'll enhance the depth at one of our most crucial positions.

Grab Ramses Barden with our second rounder
Need to get a project with number one potential for Anquan or Braylon's eventual decline, and someone who could be a major redzone weapon and really push hixon would be good if our new vet is still going strong when Barden's ready to make an impact.

with gibril's comp pick hope Taylor falls but barring that look at Caldwell or a Safety like Hamlin or Greene

In the fourth grab Lee Robinson

in the fifth grab Dorrell Scott or Sammie Lee Hill
If we don't get Brace or Taylor earlier grabbing which ever one of these guys is left would be a good move. They're both big strong run stuffers who get a push and don't make too many plays but they do stuff running games and need double teams if your going to run at them.

Malaka
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
After seeing Ramses Barden in some drills today, my man crush on him has multiplied I want him in the 2nd round badly, screw Kenny Britt in the 1st, Ramses Barden is just what we need for Eli Manning, he is perfect, although Kenny Britt is a pretty good fit too...

1st: Clint Sintim LB
2nd: Ramses Barden WR

I will marry Jerry Reese if this happens.

giantsfan
02-01-2009, 11:26 PM
After seeing Ramses Barden in some drills today, my man crush on him has multiplied I want him in the 2nd round badly, screw Kenny Britt in the 1st, Ramses Barden is just what we need for Eli Manning, he is perfect, although Kenny Britt is a pretty good fit too...

1st: Clint Sintim LB
2nd: Ramses Barden WR

I will marry Jerry Reese if this happens.

Sintim, Beatty and Barden is probably my ideal first day.

hugegmenfan
02-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I absolutely love Scott's new 2 round mock for us

Giantsfan1080
02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I absolutely love Scott's new 2 round mock for us

Me too. That would be my biggest dream come true on draft day.

LetsGoGiants!
02-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Me too. That would be my biggest dream come true on draft day.

That would be a great first day for us.

giantsfan
02-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Here are some of day one prospects I really like for the Gmen:

WR - DHB, Kenny Britt, Hakeem Nicks, Ramses Barden
DHB is a freak who's hella raw, but has crazy potential, Barden's probably got the next highest potential as he's a plax clone with his remarkable size and hops to go with very good strength and deceptive Speed. Kenny Britt isn't as freakish, but is also quite an impressive physical package and Hakeem Nicks is a remarkable polished prospect who really attacks the ball and isn't afraid to get his jersey dirty for his team.

LT - Eben Britton, William Beatty, Troy Kropog, Pat Watkins and Phil Loadholt.
Britton's got some technique problems to hammer out but is physically the closest to ebing an NFL player, Beatty matches him for potential, might even have a little more but is too light right now and needs to bulk up before he's a factor. Kropog doesn't have the ceiling of Britton or Beatty but moves his feet well and does a good job driving in run blocking even though he too could stand to bulk up just so he could finish his blocks. Finally Loadholt and Watkins are both projects who's technique is abominable, but physically have all the tools and seem to have the competitiveness htat makes you confident a prospect will do all he can to succeed.

SLB - Clint Sintim, Clay Matthews, Aaron Maybin
Sintim's a little iffy covering in space, but he's still gotta adjust to it. Matthews has the engine, the pedigree and is a very good athlete, once he strengthens his lower body to help him handle blockers he'll be an impact player in this league as a plitzing SAM with under-rated cover skills. Maybin is a project but has an incredible ceiling and has the fire to hone his craft even if we force him to play a new position.

S - William Moore, Louis Delmas, Patrick Chung, or Rashad Johnson
William Moore bulked up too much and spent his senior season banged up, I loved this kid last year and seeing the difference between this year and last I'm willing to give the kid a mulligan and think he will be a steal like KP. Delmas supports the run well, moves well and seems to have very good instincts, haven't watched enough of him to say more certainly that I want him to be a giant. Patrick Chung however reminds me of Gibril and would be a great fit at SS next to KP. Rashad Johnson is the least pure SS of the guys I mentioned but his instincts are exceptional and he tackles well which makes him still very effective against the run even though coverage is his forte.

DT - Ron Brace, Terrance Taylor, Sen'Derrick marks and Tyson Jackson
If we draft a DT I want it to be Ron Brace as Raji won't fall to us and Oghobaase's back at duke for some reason. Our rotation has big fred and then the cofield and alford pair, while their three solid DTs that work together well Alford is a smaller penetrator and Cofield is more of a penetrator than gap holding run stuffer and Big Fred is going to need someone young to take over his responsibilities on the field and Brace is going to be a very good NT IMO. Barring Brace I'd like to see us take a shot on bringing Taylor back to his sophomore/junior form. Jackson and Marks would just be value picks.

Day Two Guys I like (no organization):
Rashad Jennings, Shawne Nelson, AQ Shipley, Marko Mitchell, Will Davis, Sammie Lee Hill, Lee Robinson, Jason Williams, Domonique Johnson

bigbluedefense
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
We better resign Jacobs over Ward. If we choose Ward over Jacobs, I'll be very upset.

bigbluedefense
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh, and some quick thoughts.

The more I think of it, the more the board is shaping up in a way that it would be better for us to trade into the 2nd round, and either get someone's 1st for next year out of it, or a 2nd + 3rd out of the exchange. The 29th pick is a sticky pick for us.

Theres no players worth selecting at that point in the draft, and none of the wishlist guys will fall to us, and being aggressive and moving up to get a guy like Oher or Raji would cost to much, so we're essentially stuck.

Now I know that a lot of you want Sintim, and I did too, but my opinion has changed.

The main reason is bc Spags isn't our DC anymore. Sheridan will run a similar D, but it won't be the same. Who's to say he wants a hybrid SAM like Spags did? He probably wants a traditional LB core. And I think its better for us for Kiwi to move back to full time DE as well. Another guess of mine is that he'll bring back the bulkier DTs and incorporate a true NT back to our dline. Im in favor of this as well.

Also, the main issue at LB is at MIKE, not SAM. A SAM is just a SAM. However, we're not replacing Pierce anytime soon so we can forget that idea. So who else can give us an impact? A WILL. We need a WILL much more than we need a SAM.

However, no WILLs are worth it with the 29th pick. And thats where the problem lies.

Offensively, after looking back at the tape, I realized why our offense is so anemic without Burress.

Ask yourself this, whats the difference between our offense and Philly's? and why did our offense take such a huge dive when Burress was gone?

Westbrook. What does Philly have to keep defenses and safeties honest that we don't? A guy who can catch it out of the backfield. We never use our backs like this, and none of our backs are capable of being dynamic pass catchers out of the backfield other than Bradshaw, who we never used in that role last year. That was the issue that really hurt us. They were able to double Smith and Boss, put their best CBs on Hixon and Toomer and our offense was done. They didn't respect our routes out of the flat at all. And that hurt us like you wouldn't believe.

So not only do we need to either get Plax back or get a respectable replacement, we need to somehow fix our RB problem in the passing game. Im hoping we don't resign Ward, and use Bradshaw as our 3rd down back, and hopefully spend all offseason training him into being a pass catcher out of the backfield.

As a plan B however, we should look for a dynamic pass catching back in the middle rounds of the draft. Its a need that we all overlooked.

touchdownmaker
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Funny, the back describe unfortunately is probably holding a microphone now.

Using a 3rd or a 4th rounder for a back like that would not be bad. It has worked before, but don't we have a back in the prectice squad that is said to be really solid? I know some teams tried to trade from him last year and the Giants said no.

bigbluedefense
02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Funny, the back describe unfortunately is probably holding a microphone now.

Using a 3rd or a 4th rounder for a back like that would not be bad. It has worked before, but don't we have a back in the prectice squad that is said to be really solid? I know some teams tried to trade from him last year and the Giants said no.

Are you talking about Danny Ware? He's more of a bruiser, a Ryan Grant clone. Not a pass catcher.

I would like us to resign Jacobs, and use Ware as his backup if/when Jacobs gets hurt, and our 2nd back in the 1,2 punch should be Bradshaw, with a viable backup to him being a mid round scatback.

we need a pass catching RB for our passing sets. next to WR, its actually our biggest need on offense.

defensively we're set outside of LB.

bigbluedefense
02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
another name to think about is Peria Jerry. im not the biggest fan because I question his strength, but i do like his motor and speed and he has solid size.

while it wouldn't be my first choice, it would not surprise me to see us draft him if he falls to us.

Number 10
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
If we're talking D-Line...

A name you guys should get familiar with is Utah's Paul Kruger. Reminds me of Jared Allen.

Geo
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
we need a pass catching RB for our passing sets. next to WR, its actually our biggest need on offense
Javon Ringer of Michigan State might be ideal, especially with the Giants having two 2nd round picks.

Although if Jacobs is extended, and I do think he eventually will be by the G-Men, then a team might not spend that early a pick on a complement back to your established starter. The guy is already in place, so all you need is a mid-round guy to hopefully help round out the RB core.

It makes more sense to wait until the 4th round at the earliest, to draft a back I think. They could get a good back in the 4th, and for the Giants, I might wait longer than that unless the right talent fell to me. 5th round or 6th round, keep in mind they'll get one compensatory pick in that area for Kawika Mitchell too.

That's exactly what the Giants did in '05 with Brandon Jacobs (4th rd) when they had Tiki, if I recall.

Then again, it seems the league is more of a two-back league than ever, and Jacobs is a rare case/situation.

touchdownmaker
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
BigBlue,
Ware is the guys I was talking about. I was not aware that he had stone hands. Bradshaw had some success in the passing game his rookie year. There were not complicated routes though, just your basic dump off.

I would disagree with you about our LB unit. Peirce is just about done, the rookies are unproven, Wilkinson and De Ossie are non factors. It is very important for Reese to hit on his LB pick. That is why I was advocating sign Dansby because it lessens the necessity for us to hit on the LB pick.

hugegmenfan
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
i would much prefer us having bradshaw as our new #2 hb and us drafting a hb like 3rd or 4th round like the cowboys did with tashard choice last year for the #3 spot.

And i disagree that LB should not be addressed early. In my opinion its almost just as big of a need as WR.

D-Unit
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
i would much prefer us having bradshaw as our new #2 hb and us drafting a hb like 3rd or 4th round like the cowboys did with tashard choice last year for the #3 spot.

And i disagree that LB should not be addressed early. In my opinion its almost just as big of a need as WR.
Pretty sure FA will resolve at least one of those spots for you. Most likely WR seeing as it takes so long for WRs to develop. So then LB can be addressed. LBs can come into the league and have a fairly big impact early.

It'll be interesting to see what you guys do, that's for sure.

I also think you guys should let Ward walk. Get a cheap RB later in the draft or let Ware get more snaps and see what he can really do. If you guys got a guy like Rashard Jennings, I'd be more pissed than if you kept Ward.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Pretty sure FA will resolve at least one of those spots for you. Most likely WR seeing as it takes so long for WRs to develop. So then LB can be addressed. LBs can come into the league and have a fairly big impact early.

It'll be interesting to see what you guys do, that's for sure.

I also think you guys should let Ward walk. Get a cheap RB later in the draft or let Ware get more snaps and see what he can really do. If you guys got a guy like Rashard Jennings, I'd be more pissed than if you kept Ward.

They started contract negotiations with Ward but I don't want him back. Re-sign Jacobs and then either have Ware as our #3 or draft someone new. It's not going to be worth the money to keep Ward unless he signs for ultra cheap. Also, I really think we should trade our #1 for Braylon or one of our #2's if the Browns would be up to that. It solves our biggest need and then with the extra pick, in this deep draft, we can take LB or whatever we feel is the BPA.

touchdownmaker
02-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I can't agree more about bringing in Braylon Edwards. I think he is a better fit than Aquan, but I find it hard to believe that the Browns would trade him away. Brady Quin needs some weapons. Taking Braylon away might ****** his development. The Browns aren't really that far away from having a play-off contending team either.

hugegmenfan
02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
They started contract negotiations with Ward but I don't want him back. Re-sign Jacobs and then either have Ware as our #3 or draft someone new. It's not going to be worth the money to keep Ward unless he signs for ultra cheap. Also, I really think we should trade our #1 for Braylon or one of our #2's if the Browns would be up to that. It solves our biggest need and then with the extra pick, in this deep draft, we can take LB or whatever we feel is the BPA.

not a chance the browns are trading him.

also im not sure i would want him, hes not dependable and is not good in the clutch. i would not mind having him for a #2 otherwise ill pass. boldin is far more talented and would rather have him

Sniper
02-11-2009, 02:31 PM
hes not dependable and is not good in the clutch.

LIES! THEY'RE ALL LIES!

SyUimlCCbXU&feature=related

touchdownmaker
02-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Impressive retort Sniper26.

I am of the belief that Braylon just had an off year.

Sniper
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Impressive retort Sniper26.

I am of the belief that Braylon just had an off year.

It's a good thing I was being serious. :rolleyes:

Giantsfan1080
02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
not a chance the browns are trading him.

also im not sure i would want him, hes not dependable and is not good in the clutch. i would not mind having him for a #2 otherwise ill pass. boldin is far more talented and would rather have him

You don't put up the numbers he did in '07 not being dependable.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Savage isn't Cleveland GM anymore, in other words, they won't make any senseless trades.

BaLLiN
02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I want anquan boldin soooo bad

bigbluedefense
02-15-2009, 10:20 AM
the 4-3 OLBs in this draft are so unimpressive so far. none of them catch my eye.

outside of Curry of course, but theres no chance in blue hell he'll fall.

the combine will clear up a lot of things for me personally.

Malaka
02-15-2009, 10:30 AM
the 4-3 OLBs in this draft are so unimpressive so far. none of them catch my eye.

outside of Curry of course, but theres no chance in blue hell he'll fall.

the combine will clear up a lot of things for me personally.

I happen to like Clint Sintim a lot for a SAM in our 4-3, and I personally also like Clay Matthews as a SAM for us although I am probably in the minority there. Other than those two, I don't really like Cushing for us, and there is no chance in hell Aaron Curry falls to us, and after those 4 OLBs, the rest of this draft is pretty meh when it comes to OLBs, maybe Freeman as a WILL but I like what I have seen from Kehl. There is some good MLB depth in the later rounds, to challenge Goff to eventually replace Pierce.

scottyboy
02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
If we sign a Leroy Hill or Boley or hell, even Dansby, we can afford to go with offense early and often in the draft ala WR, RB, OL and some DT on D.

bigbluedefense
02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I like Sintim and Matthews too, but remember, Spags is not our DC anymore. I doubt Sheridan wants to keep the same hybrid type of SAM that Spags liked.

We need regular traditional linebackers, in particular, a playmaking WILL. There are none that catch my eye in this draft. Theres some good SAM/MIKEs, but no WILLs.

Malaka
02-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I like Sintim and Matthews too, but remember, Spags is not our DC anymore. I doubt Sheridan wants to keep the same hybrid type of SAM that Spags liked.

We need regular traditional linebackers, in particular, a playmaking WILL. There are none that catch my eye in this draft. Theres some good SAM/MIKEs, but no WILLs.

True, true, I am very interested in how Sheridan's defense will be like, I hope we continue to put major emphasis on pass rushing.

Honestly, I like Kehl at the WILL spot, I think he can be playing that spot for us down the road a few years from now, I think SAM is the position we need an upgrade in, Danny Clark is just a stop gap, he is a great veteran back-up to have on the team, but he we need a playmaker, hopefully we can pick up Michael Boley, or although it isn't JR's style a big FA like Karlos Dansby would just be an amazing addition to our defense. I think WR is our biggest need, followed by LB, Safety, and DT. The thing with safety is Michael Johnson has done pretty well and I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him at FS and moving KP to SS, just as long as Butler isn't out there even if he did improve this season.

bigbluedefense
02-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I like Johnson too, but Id still like a guy in the mid rounds to be brought in to compete with him. At the very least, it would make good depth.

As for SAM, my thing is this, considering the position doesn't impact the game all that much, are you willing to sacrifice grade to find a lesser player to fill that "need"?

How much can Sintim really help us? Rush the passer? We're good there. Stop the run? A lot of SAMs can do that. What about coverage? Something thats really an issue with our LB core? Can Sintim do that? No.

So he really doesn't fix anything if you think about it. If the board shapes up in a way that we don't take an LB early, I won't mind all that much, because Im not willing to force the LB need over higher graded players in other positions just to fill a need.

I don't see any LBs available in our 1st round range that are worth taking that high for us. Maybe Sintim, but Ive already stated my issues with that selection.

LetsGoGiants!
02-15-2009, 02:40 PM
We should try to get the LB problem covered in FA, get Anquan Boldin, and then use our first pick for a DT or RB.

Malaka
02-15-2009, 03:03 PM
We should try to get the LB problem covered in FA, get Anquan Boldin, and then use our first pick for a DT or RB.

The problem with that getting an FA LB and traded for Anquan Boldin is that Jerry Reese is not that type of GM. He works based on the draft, he has not once made a big FA splash nor any blockbuster trades save for Jeremy Shockey who we got in return draft picks, not a player, and the only reason Jeremy was shipped was because he himself wanted to leave, JR wanted to keep him.

I am all for trading for Anquan Boldin, and signing Karlos Dansby, or even a lesser LB like Michael Boley, or a WILL like Leroy Hill, but the fact of the matter is that JR is just not that kind of GM. Which is not a bad thing, he has a great drafting record I mean look at our past two drafts.

1. Kenny Phillips S- Has looked great in the time he's played, hard hitter and very good in coverage, can play either FS or SS for us, will start in 09

2. Terrell Thomas CB- I questioned this pick at first, but he is like Corey Webster 2.0, he will be an excellent CB in this league, as I said before he is very similar to Webster as CB. If he manages to stay healthy he will be another excellent pick by JR.

3. Mario Manningham WR- Another questionable pick, he has 1st round talent, but question marks all over him, weight, character, intelligence, etc. The jury is still out on him, he has not really had a chance to play this year but he does have great potential.

4. Bryan Kehl OLB- A very intelligent WILL, who is very good in coverage. He played very well taking a disappointing Gerris Wilkinson's spot, but was injured and for some reason was not given back the starting job. I think he can be a very good WILL in the NFL, if we use him the right way.

5. Jonathon Goff ILB- Suffered an injury, haven't seen much of him, but right now looks to be Pierce's heir to the MIKE spot.

6. Andre Woodson QB- JR did not really screw this up, he was 3rd round value, but his slow delivery and those fumbles in the offseason really costed him the 3rd string QB spot, which is not really needed anyway, I'd prefer a vet like Carr to back Eli up anyway.

6. Robert Henderson DE/DT- This was a JR mistake.

1. Aaron Ross CB- Had a great rookie season, although a bit disappointing this year, that can be partly blamed on nagging injuries, but did come up big when we needed him, has the potential to be a good #1 corner in this league, and can be an excellent #2 paired with Corey Webster.

2. Steve Smith WR- Excellent slot man, and may even take the #2 receiver spot this upcoming season. Very clutch in the playoffs and on third downs, also a very good YAC threat.

3. Jay Alford DT- Although not a lot of playing time has looked good LSing and in the situational pass rusher role.

4. Zak DeOssie LB- As a LB he has been a disappointment but he is a solid LS on the Giants.

5. Kevin Boss TE- Excellent mid round gem found by JR. Really stepped up and did a great job replacing Jeremy Shockey, is a great receiver and is vastly improving his blocking skills.

6. Adam Koets OT- Although still on the team, I am not a fan of his, I think this too is a JR mistake.

7. Michael Johnson S- Our starting FS, very good in coverage, but pretty bad in run support, it is more because of his angles than his actual tackling skills, but none the less a pretty good find in the 7th.

7. Ahmad Bradshaw RB- Another huge steal in the late rounds by JR. Bradshaw is an explosive playmaker at the runningback position, he has speed, and runs with a reckless abandon even though he only stands at 5'9. He has the potential to be an All-Pro RB in this league IMO, and paired with Brandon Jacobs, he can be a killer, as we have seen when he is given the chance.

Jerry Reese is an amazing GM when it comes to the draft, we do not really need FA and trades, I have confidence in everything Jerry Reese does... so what I am trying to say is... what ever happens... In Jerry Reese I Trust

Turtlepower
02-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Am I the only one who would want to take Knowshown with our first round pick and then hope take Nicks/Britt in round 2?

Malaka
02-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Am I the only one who would want to take Knowshown with our first round pick and then hope take Nicks/Britt in round 2?

Really why Knowshon in the first? With Brandon Jacobs back, Ward probably out, Bradshaw will get a lot more carries, as will Danny Ware, and I do not see a point in carrying 4 RBs although we did it this year with that waste of space Droughns... why the hell did we keep him? I mean come on I wanted to see what DJ Hall can do but nooooo we needed to keep that piece of crap on special teams.

Britt/Nicks/Barden is what I'd like to see in the 2nd. Barden with our 2nd 2nd would be great, and in the first I can see us taking Sintim but as BBD said Sheridan's defense will be a bit different so we might not need him there. I also, definitely think we should get a DT like Ron Brace in the 2nd as well.

scottyboy
02-15-2009, 07:22 PM

that'd be epic, I'd love that. BUT, that'd mean we'd have to sign a Leroy Hill, Boley, or Dansby. That'd be excellent though. It'd still leave us with a 2nd to add a DT, OT and even safety. That'd be great imo

hugegmenfan
02-15-2009, 07:38 PM

as much as i think knowshon could be a beast in our system, i think bradshaw can really be a #2 and we should draft a HB like 3 rd round assuming we dont resign ward

Leroy hill, Karlos Dansby, among other free agent linebackers are going to demand money and i would much rather trust Reese to draft a stud, but thats my personal opinion

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2009, 07:51 PM
I think Moreno is going to be a very good player but he reminds way too much of Bradshaw for us to take him. If we were to take a RB I'd want someone who we know can def. catch out of the backfield because that's really the only thing we are missing back there. I think the troika of Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ware will be more than fine for next year.

LetsGoGiants!
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM
The problem with that getting an FA LB and traded for Anquan Boldin is that Jerry Reese is not that type of GM. He works based on the draft, he has not once made a big FA splash nor any blockbuster trades save for Jeremy Shockey who we got in return draft picks, not a player, and the only reason Jeremy was shipped was because he himself wanted to leave, JR wanted to keep him.

I am all for trading for Anquan Boldin, and signing Karlos Dansby, or even a lesser LB like Michael Boley, or a WILL like Leroy Hill, but the fact of the matter is that JR is just not that kind of GM. Which is not a bad thing, he has a great drafting record I mean look at our past two drafts.

1. Kenny Phillips S- Has looked great in the time he's played, hard hitter and very good in coverage, can play either FS or SS for us, will start in 09

1. Aaron Ross CB- Had a great rookie season, although a bit disappointing this year, that can be partly blamed on nagging injuries, but did come up big when we needed him, has the potential to be a good #1 corner in this league, and can be an excellent #2 paired with Corey Webster.

Jerry Reese is an amazing GM when it comes to the draft, we do not really need FA and trades, I have confidence in everything Jerry Reese does... so what I am trying to say is... what ever happens... In Jerry Reese I Trust

It's true he is good. But it is still kinda sucky that he doesn't like picking up some good FA's. But he does make good picks and can maybe fill the holes with picks.

bigbluedefense
02-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I agree with Malaka, Reese is not a FA guy. The only FA move I can see us doing is going after Boldin if we lose Plax. Other than that, we'd do what we always do, go after low profile FAs and draft BPA for our most glaring need early, which seems to be Reese's MO.

As for Moreno, while I wouldn't mind the pick at all, bc afterall, Bradshaw is a 7th round guy, and has a history of trouble so he might not be dependable longterm, Im not willing to spend a 1st on him. We can get guys like that in the mid rounds.

And Giantsfan makes a great point, theres no point of keeping 4 RBs. So I guess my hopes of having an elite pass catcher out of the backfield will lie soley with Bradshaw's development in the offseason.

As for our LBs, I like our young depth, and I like Kehl. But none of them are elite playmakers. If we want our defense to take the next step, we need an elite playmaking backer. However, I do feel that we can win a championship with what we currently have at LB. Our LBs aren't spectacular, but theyre good enough to win with, and anyway, our defense is built on an elite dline and elite secondary, which we have.

I still feel that WR is our most glaring need. Losing 4 of 5 when Plax goes down is a stat that can't be ignored. We had injuries in the LB core all season. We still won. When Plax went down, we only won once, in a game that quite frankly, we shouldve lost. Carolina blew that game.

So whether its Britt, DHB, or whoever else, even with Plax "returning" (who knows what kind of Shockey-like stunt he'll pull in TC), we need to address WR with our 1st. Britt won't be around long enough for NO's 2nd. If we want him, we have to "reach" for him.

Whatever it takes. We need an elite WR.

Giantsfan1080
02-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Reese hasn't shown to be a FA guy yet but I think that will change slightly this year. We might not get a huge player like Housh but I can see them going after Boley and some others. We'll spend more on free agents this year than the last 2 I think.

hugegmenfan
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Reese hasn't shown to be a FA guy yet but I think that will change slightly this year. We might not get a huge player like Housh but I can see them going after Boley and some others. We'll spend more on free agents this year than the last 2 I think.

boley is on par with the signing of mitchell, clark, sammy knight which he has been shown to do. he goes after guys for a specific role and who he can sign for a cheap contract so leroy hill or boley would not surprise me

Giantsfan1080
02-18-2009, 02:47 PM
boley is on par with the signing of mitchell, clark, sammy knight which he has been shown to do. he goes after guys for a specific role and who he can sign for a cheap contract so leroy hill or boley would not surprise me

I think boley is a much better player than all of those guys and he will probably get a bigger contract as well. Suggs and Dansby the two top LB's are going to be franchised which helps make Boley some money. He's not the only guy but like I said I think we spend more on FA's this year than we have the last 2 years.

hugegmenfan
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I think boley is a much better player than all of those guys and he will probably get a bigger contract as well. Suggs and Dansby the two top LB's are going to be franchised which helps make Boley some money. He's not the only guy but like I said I think we spend more on FA's this year than we have the last 2 years.

thats exactly why i think its stupid to sign boley because since the best 2 FA lbs are gone meaning boley will demand a lot more than he is worth and a lot more than i want to pay the guy. i actually think we should make a huge push for housh, assuming plax will not play for us again. i would have no problem shelling out big bucks for him to like a 4 year deal or so because he has proven he is a reliable guy.

scottyboy
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
guys, Boley is coming off a year where he was benched, he wont be demanding all that much money at all

LetsGoGiants!
02-18-2009, 04:40 PM
i actually think we should make a huge push for housh, assuming plax will not play for us again. i would have no problem shelling out big bucks for him to like a 4 year deal or so because he has proven he is a reliable guy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=teams
go to giants and watch is Plax done in NYC? vid

This video has got me wondering on if the giants should even look for a WR, draft or FA. It would be a good idea to draft one but its kinda stupid cause like in the video, Plax might be back and we still have Toomer(maybe), Smith, Manningham, and Moss. They haven't really had a chance to show the organization and the fans what there all about. But after seeing this video I don't think we should mamke to big of moves on a WR.

touchdownmaker
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I think Reese wants to keep Plax. Everything hinges on what the court rules. If Plax comes back, our draft needs are pretty well set up.

touchdownmaker
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I really want the Giants to double up on a WR. DHB in my mind has it all. He has size, speed and hands. He is a little rough around the edges but boy will he produce when the light goes off. What I really like about him is his speed. He can strectch the field. Take DHB and then Kenny Britt or wait a few rounds for Barden from SoCal Poly tech. Kenny is a solid route runner so he can take Toomer's spot.

The more sensible move would be to go with a LB then take a WR in the top of the 2 round.

Kase1
02-21-2009, 05:16 PM
We gotta go after LB in the 1st, no question about it. In my mock I got us taking (this was b4 the combine)
1st- Lauranitis
2nd- Will Beatty
2nd- Tyrone McKenzie
3rd- Jarron Gilbert

We address our LB problem, get O-Line depth, AND a nasty DT/DE hybrid kinda like Tuck

Kase1
02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
We aint gonna go WR til later (maybe Barden in the 5th??) cause most likely Plax is gonna get probation and no jailtime

scottyboy
02-21-2009, 05:42 PM
We aint gonna go WR til later (maybe Barden in the 5th??) cause most likely Plax is gonna get probation and no jailtime

wrong. wrong. wrong.

also wrong on us "having" to go LB in the 1st.

First off, no way Barden falls to the 5th.
2nd, WR is our biggest need, hands down, regardless of what happens with Plax. Plax is a constant threat to be a problem, Hixon is an overhyped special teamer, Tyree had one miracle catch, and Killdrive doesn't know how to utilize Moss and Manningham. Smith right now is our only solid reliable guy. We NEED a WR in the WORST way.

at LB, we've got Clark, Blackburn, Kehl and fingers crossed, Wilkinson. Yea, we desperately need a LB'er, but not more than a WR at all.

Kase1
02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
wrong. wrong. wrong.

also wrong on us "having" to go LB in the 1st.

First off, no way Barden falls to the 5th.
2nd, WR is our biggest need, hands down, regardless of what happens with Plax. Plax is a constant threat to be a problem, Hixon is an overhyped special teamer, Tyree had one miracle catch, and Killdrive doesn't know how to utilize Moss and Manningham. Smith right now is our only solid reliable guy. We NEED a WR in the WORST way.

at LB, we've got Clark, Blackburn, Kehl and fingers crossed, Wilkinson. Yea, we desperately need a LB'er, but not more than a WR at all.

WR is NOT a dire need, so wrong wrong wrong to you

Plax isnt gonna be locked up and we have a great amount of young talent waiting to get the ball. Im not a big Hixon fan but if Plax is playing im more than confiedent in Smith, Moss & Manningham. If Plax isnt coming back then we need to go after Braylon with a 2nd and 5th (essentially trading Shockey for Braylon) even if he does come back I wouldnt be opposed to getting Edwards

We drafted a WR high up last yr and see how much impact a rookie WR has in the Giants system ( I HATE Killdrive)

UGH!!!! You think Clark, Blackburn, and Kehl (as of this second) are more than backups?!?!? We need to sign a cheap FA LB like Crowder or Boley even though he's an RFA as well as drafting the future star LB for us

You on the Giants.com MBs??

scottyboy
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
WR is NOT a dire need, so wrong wrong wrong to you

Plax isnt gonna be locked up and we have a great amount of young talent waiting to get the ball. Im not a big Hixon fan but if Plax is playing im more than confiedent in Smith, Moss & Manningham. If Plax isnt coming back then we need to go after Braylon with a 2nd and 5th (essentially trading Shockey for Braylon) even if he does come back I wouldnt be opposed to getting Edwards

We drafted a WR high up last yr and see how much impact a rookie WR has in the Giants system ( I HATE Killdrive)

UGH!!!! You think Clark, Blackburn, and Kehl (as of this second) are more than backups?!?!? We need to sign a cheap FA LB like Crowder or Boley even though he's an RFA as well as drafting the future star LB for us

You on the Giants.com MBs??

hahahahhahaha. you're confident in Moss and Manningham? are you on crack? It's obvious Killdrive doesn't know how to use small shity WR's. And where's everyone getting this **** Braylon is on the block? Do you think this is Madden? And yea, drafting a guy with the last pick in the 3rd round is really high...*rolls eyes*

PLUS, the WR we'd draft this year would be of an extremely different mold as Nicks, DHB and Britt are all big, physicall WR's that are so different from Moss and Manningham it's not even funny.

Chase is a high energy guy, but better suited at backup, but played well last year. Clark was our best LB'er last year, and albeit thats not saying much, he's way better than a backup. He was OUTSTANDING for us stopping the run. Unfortunately, we need LBers who can stop the pass. Boley isn't a RFA, and you think Crowder will be cheap? hahhahaha. he's the top LBer on the market. Kehl showed ridiculous potential, but again, is a run stuffer and we need a pass stopping LB. and guess what? we won the Super Bowl with WR's of Toomer and Plax(who's a ticking time bomb, so we need insurance behind him) and starting Torbor at OLB. so tell me, what's more important to our success?

our offense was the problem last year, not the D. The D will function perfectly with any of the LBers we have on the roster. Our O with the current WRs? not at all.

and no, Giants.com is for idiots who don't think we need WRs...

wait...

Kase1
02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
hahahahhahaha. you're confident in Moss and Manningham? are you on crack? It's obvious Killdrive doesn't know how to use small shity WR's. And where's everyone getting this **** Braylon is on the block? Do you think this is Madden? And yea, drafting a guy with the last pick in the 3rd round is really high...*rolls eyes*

PLUS, the WR we'd draft this year would be of an extremely different mold as Nicks, DHB and Britt are all big, physicall WR's that are so different from Moss and Manningham it's not even funny.

Chase is a high energy guy, but better suited at backup, but played well last year. Clark was our best LB'er last year, and albeit thats not saying much, he's way better than a backup. He was OUTSTANDING for us stopping the run. Unfortunately, we need LBers who can stop the pass. Boley isn't a RFA, and you think Crowder will be cheap? hahhahaha. he's the top LBer on the market. Kehl showed ridiculous potential, but again, is a run stuffer and we need a pass stopping LB. and guess what? we won the Super Bowl with WR's of Toomer and Plax(who's a ticking time bomb, so we need insurance behind him) and starting Torbor at OLB. so tell me, what's more important to our success?

our offense was the problem last year, not the D. The D will function perfectly with any of the LBers we have on the roster. Our O with the current WRs? not at all.

and no, Giants.com is for idiots who don't think we need WRs...

wait...

WOW and for one second I thought you werent a completely ignorant shi+head a55hole

Yeah im confident in Smith, Moss and Manningham cause they have produced when given the opportunities. Do YOU think this is madden?? you dont go for a WR year after year specially if you have a young WR corp, if you do, youll turn into the Lions. You build a team from the insideout not the flashy spots with the hottest name of the day. If you had any confidence in our young WRs youd understand but you think that a big name and physically big WR equals success, so obviously you need to put down the ps3 controller

Boley IS an RFA and Crowder isnt the hottest LB on the board now its overrated Bart Scott, Crowder and Boley are on the same level and its not gonna be the level of guaranteed money Scott will want. So yes compared to the other LBs of his potential Crowder will get a cheaper contract

Our Offense was the problem once Plax was gone, so when he's back itll be back in sync

.... I can go all nite, I got 2 more hrs to kill at work, I knew you werent on the giants MBs cause youre too much of a c*m guzzling douche

bigbluedefense
02-21-2009, 06:14 PM
no personal attacks on our message board.

i don't want to see that garbage again.

Kase1
02-21-2009, 06:57 PM
no personal attacks on our message board.

i don't want to see that garbage again.
Hey some dude with a few thousand posts starts up with me outta no where Im not gonna sit back and take it cause hes got a ton of posts

bigbluedefense
02-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey some dude with a few thousand posts starts up with me outta no where Im not gonna sit back and take it cause hes got a ton of posts

you can disagree with someone without throwing insults at them. you want to disagree, thats fine, you are entitled to your opinions.

just leave personal comments out of it, thats all.

scottyboy
02-21-2009, 08:30 PM
WOW and for one second I thought you werent a completely ignorant shi+head a55hole

Yeah im confident in Smith, Moss and Manningham cause they have produced when given the opportunities. Do YOU think this is madden?? you dont go for a WR year after year specially if you have a young WR corp, if you do, youll turn into the Lions. You build a team from the insideout not the flashy spots with the hottest name of the day. If you had any confidence in our young WRs youd understand but you think that a big name and physically big WR equals success, so obviously you need to put down the ps3 controller

Boley IS an RFA and Crowder isnt the hottest LB on the board now its overrated Bart Scott, Crowder and Boley are on the same level and its not gonna be the level of guaranteed money Scott will want. So yes compared to the other LBs of his potential Crowder will get a cheaper contract

Our Offense was the problem once Plax was gone, so when he's back itll be back in sync

.... I can go all nite, I got 2 more hrs to kill at work, I knew you werent on the giants MBs cause youre too much of a c*m guzzling douche

Well considering Bart Scott is an ILB, I'm pretty sure we were leaving him out of it. I mean, mine as well say Ray Lewis is the hottest FA...We're talking OLB's or possible OLBs(Crowder can easily switch). And no, Boley is not a RFA...

Moss and Manningham have produced?!?!?!?!? WHAT? Have you watched any of the games? They havent done jackshit in their time here. And obviously you build inside out, that's what we've done and how we won. BUT, you also need skill players, and that's what we lack.

Plax is a ticking time bomb, always was and still is. Toomer is gone, we need a big young possession WR ala DHB, Britt or Nicks.

but no, no. Personal attacks are mad cool bro. rock on.

bigbluedefense
02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
I really want Gibril Wilson back. Our secondary would be so good with him.

And Ive turned full circle on Rey Maulauga. I think he'd be perfect for us at MIKE.

If we can nab any of the 3 WRs with NO's 2nd, ie Britt/DHB/Nicks, Id love for us to be aggressive and move up to nab Rey.

He can play SAM for us and move to MIKE when we let go of Pierce. Id personally like us to move Pierce to SAM and take him out of passing plays completely, but thats just me, and we know that won't happen.

Rey is a devastating blitzer, and a run thumper. I think he has deceptive speed, and underrated coverage skills too. My concerns are angles and maturity, but I think theyre a little overblown. Under our system, he'd be a beast.

If I could have any 1 player in this draft, its Raji, but thats a pipe dream.

My stance on Peria Jerry has changed too. I wouldn't mind him with our 1st.

Other names Im intrigued by are Jarron Gilbert and Larry English. Gilbert is the type of hybrid we covet, and it would be interesting to see if we go after a guy like that in the 2nd or 3rd.

English seems like a solid reliable back up LE to Tuck, and we can have Kiwi spell Osi at RE, and move Tuck and English inside on passing downs.

Kase1
02-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Well considering Bart Scott is an ILB, I'm pretty sure we were leaving him out of it. I mean, mine as well say Ray Lewis is the hottest FA...We're talking OLB's or possible OLBs(Crowder can easily switch). And no, Boley is not a RFA...

Moss and Manningham have produced?!?!?!?!? WHAT? Have you watched any of the games? They havent done jackshit in their time here. And obviously you build inside out, that's what we've done and how we won. BUT, you also need skill players, and that's what we lack.

Plax is a ticking time bomb, always was and still is. Toomer is gone, we need a big young possession WR ala DHB, Britt or Nicks.

but no, no. Personal attacks are mad cool bro. rock on.

Dont get it twisted, Im not a fan of Scott at ALL, Ive been pulling for Boley or Crowder on our squad, Im not for overpaying a player who's stats are mainly due to the amazing talent he is surrounded by, and honestly I want Crowder a lil more cause he can play WLB and move inside after AP is done

Yes, whenever they have gotten the ball (which is not often) Moss and to a MUCH lesser extent Manningham have produced. This is mainly due to the awful playcalling by Kevin Killdrive

Plax is NOT a ticking time bomb, after this incident he knows he has 2 change or he'll find himself in a reaaal bad situation. And b4 this season he wasnt a problem what so ever

Hey dont forget who started the attacks there, buddy

LTgiants
02-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Plax got suspended for 3 games before the incident cause he was always late for team meetings

LetsGoGiants!
02-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Plax is done. I wish he wasn't, but I just don't see him coming back.

culloden1745
02-22-2009, 07:31 AM

Unless plax is found not guilty, he is facing a minimum of 3 years, cpw 3rd... if he pleads to a lesser, its still a one years sentence, as the most they would drop is from a D felony to an E, cpw 4th thats still a year in jail.
Bloomberg has already stated publicly that plax will be made an example of, rather then given a break.
Figure at least 6 months in jail before probation.

BaLLiN
02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
that stinks, is there a source culloden?

Anyway about the reciever thing, i think Plax could come back. The question would be is it in his heart and will he take a lower contract after this fiasco. Hixon doesnt really fit the bill as a #1, he needs to be able to take a hit. Toomer i think is done, i sortof hope he retires just so we have someone stepping up. Moss shows glimpses but i dont think he'll be anything more than a 4th reciever. Manningham would be the guy who i want to step up, but i dont see it. As far as the draft DHB had a great showing, but Nicks looks like a boldin. A tough wideout who can get YAC. Patrick Turner looked smooth, could be a steal.

I really wish we'd kept DJ Hall, he had what we're missing, a guy who get up for the ball. Really unhappy we let him go..

There are gunna be alot of sliders in this draft it seems, so i BPA is the way to go in the first.

1. Sintim? Knowshon? OT?
2. Nicks/DHB/Britt
2. RON BRACE or Phil Loadholt (RT)
3. Terrence Taylor
4. Cornelius Ingram
5. AQ Shipley
5. Wompamo Osaisai
6. Ian Johnson
7. Louie Sakoda

culloden1745
02-23-2009, 08:22 AM
that stinks, is there a source culloden?

Anyway about the reciever thing, i think Plax could come back. The question would be is it in his heart and will he take a lower contract after this fiasco. Hixon doesnt really fit the bill as a #1, he needs to be able to take a hit. Toomer i think is done, i sortof hope he retires just so we have someone stepping up. Moss shows glimpses but i dont think he'll be anything more than a 4th reciever. Manningham would be the guy who i want to step up, but i dont see it. As far as the draft DHB had a great showing, but Nicks looks like a boldin. A tough wideout who can get YAC. Patrick Turner looked smooth, could be a steal.

I really wish we'd kept DJ Hall, he had what we're missing, a guy who get up for the ball. Really unhappy we let him go..

There are gunna be alot of sliders in this draft it seems, so i BPA is the way to go in the first.

1. Sintim? Knowshon? OT?
2. Nicks/DHB/Britt
2. RON BRACE or Phil Loadholt (RT)
3. Terrence Taylor
4. Cornelius Ingram
5. AQ Shipley
5. Wompamo Osaisai
6. Ian Johnson
7. Louie Sakoda

You cant plead a d felony down to a misdemeanor. If its pled down it would be to an felony e. In other words it would drop one class/ degree. If it was a e felony it could be pled to a "a" misdemeanor. In nys a felony is a Mandatory minimum of a year sentence. I'm sure there are ways around it, such as scheduling jail time for off season etc, but based on the Mayors statement, it would be unlikely that any of his employees, in example the Ada or Judge, would be willing to do plax any favors.
Back to football, I've kept an eye on Marko Mitchell, whos a tall (6 4)receiver but just on the skinny side, Good leaper, hands, pretty good speed, Appears hes put on some weight, 215-220 and ran under 4.5 at the combine.
Probably get him later on in the draft. I wouldnt be opposed to drafting him and or another wr earlier in the draft.
I also think Giants should look at getting a nickel backer for passing downs, and pulling Pierce. Guys like Kevin Akins or Casillas could be had later in the draft and be solid special teamers.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I want Britt. We need Britt.

Here's my first post combine 3 round wishlist

1. Kenny Britt
2. William Beatty
2. Kaluka Maiava
3. Jarron Gilbert

Britt is just what we need at WR. Ran a great time, has great size and strength and is just everything we look for in a WR.

William Beaty is a very solid and promising LT who we can develop throughout the season. I was always a fan at UConn, and with his workout, I would love this guy. He can add weight during TC and Im sure we can make a mauler out of him. We need a LT, or at the very least, more depth, I think his value fits our position at that point in the draft perfectly.

Maiava is a guy Ive loved for awhile now. He flies all over the field, has great speed, great instincts, great coverage skills, and his one knock which was size and strength got shot down with his bench press of 30 reps. I love the guy, great teammmate and character guy.

Jarron Gilbert is a sleeper hybrid that we covet. He's 290, but moves like a 260 lb DE. He can play base LE and move inside on passing downs, has an incredible first step and arm over, has great pass rushing moves, is strong, and I think we can really turn this guy into a gamer in our dline rotation. I see Tommie Harris like potential. He reminds me of Darnell Dockett a lot, and Dockett is one of my favorite players in the league.

EDIT: I replaced Clay Matthews with William Beaty

Geo
02-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Maybe it's just GM speak, but this is what Jerry Reese said at the Combine about Burress: "But we'll prepare as if he's not going to be here, and if he is, it's a bonus." (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i0Yl6N1gzGw1ASa2luCMsqEjVNvwD96G3RL80)

Sorry if that was already posted.

I think we might see both Heyward-Bey and Britt move up on Draft boards, following the Combine. They might now get drafted sooner. That might drop Percy Harvin, but he's probably not what the Giants are really looking for. Hakeem Nicks might be better suited instead.

That Gilbert guy is really interesting. Looking forward to seeing him perform today.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Maybe it's just GM speak, but this is what Jerry Reese said at the Combine about Burress: "But we'll prepare as if he's not going to be here, and if he is, it's a bonus." (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i0Yl6N1gzGw1ASa2luCMsqEjVNvwD96G3RL80)

Sorry if that was already posted.

I think we might see both Heyward-Bey and Britt move up on Draft boards, following the Combine. They might now get drafted sooner. That might drop Percy Harvin, but he's probably not what the Giants are really looking for. Hakeem Nicks might be better suited instead.

That Gilbert guy is really interesting. Looking forward to seeing him perform today.

Gilbert looks like a guy Indy would love too. Im starting to like him more than Peria Jerry. I need to see more though.

Ill be fine with Hakeem Nicks. I think the Giants need to take either Britt or Nicks with our first. One of the 2 will be there (hopefully). With so many good WRs in this draft, I can't see both of them gone before we pick, especially with the depth at OT most likely causing some of these WRs to drop.

Im under the impression at the moment that Burress is as good as gone. Id love him to come back, but Im not expecting it. And even with him, I feel that we need to address WR anyway. He can't be trusted.

DHB sounds like an Indy guy if he's around.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2009, 10:02 AM
With the way Gilbert's stock is rising, I wouldn't even mind spending a 2nd on him.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2009, 10:08 AM
ok, Gilbert just ran a 4.81. He's a first rounder potentially now.

At 290 with his moves, and a 4.8 40?! Id give serious consideration to spending our 1st on a guy like that. A guy like him is the one missing ingredient to our dline.

Then trade both our 2nds to move up and nab Britt/Nicks, whichever falls.

touchdownmaker
02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Well.......looks like DHB will not be on the board when we pick. DAMN!!!!
He just ran the crazy fast 40 time. I believe the second fastest since 2000. I thought that the dude from the Gators was an indy type receiver, but they would have to be insane not to take him now. Come to think of it, DHB might have leap frogged Maclin on the board in which case, I can see him going to the Raiders if Crabtree doesn't drop to them.

Damn, Damn, Damn!!! In my living years I can't recall the G-men having a burner at WR.

hugegmenfan
02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Well.......looks like DHB will not be on the board when we pick. DAMN!!!!
He just ran the crazy fast 40 time. I believe the second fastest since 2000. I thought that the dude from the Gators was an indy type receiver, but they would have to be insane not to take him now. Come to think of it, DHB might have leap frogged Maclin on the board in which case, I can see him going to the Raiders if Crabtree doesn't drop to them.

Damn, Damn, Damn!!! In my living years I can't recall the G-men having a burner at WR.

yeah 4.3 flat- we wont be able to touch him now

bigbluedefense
02-23-2009, 01:42 PM
The Star Ledger is reporting we're digging Hakeem Nicks. I wouldn't mind that at all. I prefer Britt, but Id be thrilled to have Nicks too.

Now that my Gilbert hype has subsided a little, here's my new wishlist.

1. Britt/Nicks (whichever one is available)
2. William Beatty

*trade our 2nd and 3rd to move back to the middle of the 2nd RD

2. Jarrod Gilbert

but im sure im dreaming with that scenario. there are so many good players in this draft, and with our ability to ultimately go BPA, its gonna be difficult for Reese to make a selection that I wouldn't like. this is shaping up to be a great draft year.

im confident i'll be thrilled with our draft when its all said and done.

Kase1
02-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Id sure love it if Gilbert is still around come our 2nd pick in the 2nd round, caue he'd be a nasty pass rushing DT if he packed on a few more lbs

Wootylicous
02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Whatever happened to Goff and him being a perfect fit in the giants defense ?

scottyboy
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Whatever happened to Goff and him being a perfect fit in the giants defense ?

he still is, hopefully the heir to replace Pierce the year after next

OSUGiants17
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I would love to see Britt (or Barden if we can't get Britt) and Gilbert in a Giants uniform next season.

OSUGiants17
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
New dream day 1 in the sig.

BaLLiN
02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I hope that the emergence of these WR will make it possible for us to get Nicks with our 1st second rounder.

1. Clint Sintim
2a. Hakeem Nicks

are the best two picks we can get IMO, i do like the idea of a nickelbacker but Wilkinson is ideal for that. Terrence taylor just had to bench 37, christ, we couldve had him in the 3rd.

Geo
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't worry, Taylor will still be there in the 3rd. If not well after that.

Forenci
02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm not really sold on Britt to be honest. He looked pretty solid in his drills, but right now I'm REALLY hoping that Knowshon Moreno falls to us after running a fairly poor 40 time. I don't care what his 40 is, he is a tremendous running back.

I know a lot of us feel like we need a wide receiver but I'm honestly more interested in getting a running back if someone like Knowshon Moreno or Donald Brown falls to us.

While we do need a wide out, lets not forget that we are a team built for running the ball a ton. With that in mind, lets grab another running back to replace Ward somewhere high in the draft. It doesn't have to be the first round but if we can get Moreno there I would be exceptionally happy. If not I can only hope Donald Brown falls to us in the second because he really is going the be a stud. I don't think he makes it though, he's just too good.

culloden1745
02-24-2009, 07:51 AM
I hope that the emergence of these WR will make it possible for us to get Nicks with our 1st second rounder.

1. Clint Sintim
2a. Hakeem Nicks

are the best two picks we can get IMO, i do like the idea of a nickelbacker but Wilkinson is ideal for that. Terrence taylor just had to bench 37, christ, we couldve had him in the 3rd.

I forgot about Wilkinson, probably because he was mia for most of the season w/ injuries. He does cover well. His injuries are a concern, though.
They actually have Akins in the Safety bracket for the combine.
Sintim would be great in the 1st, especially w/ Kiwi going to D-line.
I have no problem w/ Nicks in the 2nd, but we've lost 2 Starting wrs.
A guy like Mitchell could be had in 3-5 round.

culloden1745
02-24-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm not really sold on Britt to be honest. He looked pretty solid in his drills, but right now I'm REALLY hoping that Knowshon Moreno falls to us after running a fairly poor 40 time. I don't care what his 40 is, he is a tremendous running back.

I know a lot of us feel like we need a wide receiver but I'm honestly more interested in getting a running back if someone like Knowshon Moreno or Donald Brown falls to us.

While we do need a wide out, lets not forget that we are a team built for running the ball a ton. With that in mind, lets grab another running back to replace Ward somewhere high in the draft. It doesn't have to be the first round but if we can get Moreno there I would be exceptionally happy. If not I can only hope Donald Brown falls to us in the second because he really is going the be a stud. I don't think he makes it though, he's just too good.

Jennings is pretty much the best Giants type rb in the draft and could be had on day 2. I dont know if the Giants are looking for that or a scatback, like Devin Moore who might help out kr/pr.

Kase1
02-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Whatta u guys think of getting Barden in the mid-late rounds and attempting to use him as a TE....... We've taken awful blocking TE's and made them sufficent in the blocking game, if we did it with a player of Ramses' talent and potential would be insane

....then again we just signed Darcy Johnson, but only to a 1yr

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2009, 10:50 AM

I don't think there is any reason to waste a higher round pick on a RB. We can find a 4th RB later in the draft because thats essentially what he would be. Moreno and Bradshaw are very similar IMO so he wouldnt be that good of a fit even if we did take a RB and I like Moreno a lot.

Kase1
02-24-2009, 11:00 AM
We dont need an RB period. We have BJ and Bradshaw that can take off where we left off last yr

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
we don't need a RB. there are quality RBs in every round of every draft.

Id be thrilled if we got either Britt or Nicks with our 1st.

D-Unit
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
we don't need a RB. there are quality RBs in every round of every draft.

Id be thrilled if we got either Britt or Nicks with our 1st.
Brandon Ore late in the draft or in UDFA is a perfect match for you guys, imo.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Brandon Ore late in the draft or in UDFA is a perfect match for you guys, imo.

can he catch out of the backfield? we need a back who can catch in the worst way.

D-Unit
02-24-2009, 01:07 PM
can he catch out of the backfield? we need a back who can catch in the worst way.
Yes, I would say so.

Ore was a major producer at Virginia Tech for three seasons, but his coaches reportedly felt he did not have the necessary commitment to the program. He did not attend school in the spring 2006 semester, then exploded for a 1,137-yard, 16-touchdown effort as a redshirt sophomore. He entered the 2007 season out of shape but still managed to gain 992 yards rushing.

In the spring of 2008, Ore was a passenger in a car in which police found crack cocaine. It wasn't Ore's car and he was never charged with a crime. After meeting with Tech coaches, Ore decided to join his cousin (and All-American corner) Darren Banks at West Liberty.

In his only season at WLS, Ore earned first-team All-West Virginia honors with 1,257 yards and 20 touchdowns rushing and 30 catches for 314 yards. Ore can be as good as he wants to be, but character red flags will follow him throughout the draft process.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes, I would say so.

Ore was a major producer at Virginia Tech for three seasons, but his coaches reportedly felt he did not have the necessary commitment to the program. He did not attend school in the spring 2006 semester, then exploded for a 1,137-yard, 16-touchdown effort as a redshirt sophomore. He entered the 2007 season out of shape but still managed to gain 992 yards rushing.

In the spring of 2008, Ore was a passenger in a car in which police found crack cocaine. It wasn't Ore's car and he was never charged with a crime. After meeting with Tech coaches, Ore decided to join his cousin (and All-American corner) Darren Banks at West Liberty.

In his only season at WLS, Ore earned first-team All-West Virginia honors with 1,257 yards and 20 touchdowns rushing and 30 catches for 314 yards. Ore can be as good as he wants to be, but character red flags will follow him throughout the draft process.

do we want another Ahmad Bradshaw though?

Thats the one thing that scares me with Bradshaw. I love him as a player, I think the world of him, but im hesitant to trust him.

D-Unit
02-24-2009, 01:36 PM
do we want another Ahmad Bradshaw though?

Thats the one thing that scares me with Bradshaw. I love him as a player, I think the world of him, but im hesitant to trust him.
It was just a thought I had. Likelihood of him being a Giant is slim to none.

I hope you guys get Maiava though. I want to see him succeed and I think you guys have the right type of system for him.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:38 PM
It was just a thought I had. Likelihood of him being a Giant is slim to none.

I hope you guys get Maiava though. I want to see him succeed and I think you guys have the right type of system for him.

it wouldn't shock me honestly. if he's there late, why not?

I would love Maiava too. I think he's perfect for us. Im rooting for the guy wherever he goes. Id love to see him succeed.

BaLLiN
02-24-2009, 05:32 PM
well geo i hope your right.

1. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia
2a. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
2b. Phil Loadholt RT Oklahoma
3. Terrence Taylor NT Michigan
4. Courtney Greene FS/SS Rutgers
5a. Ian Johnson RB Boise State
5b. Wompamo Osaisai CB Stanford
6. Ryan Purvis TE Boston College
7. Louie Sakoda K/P Utah

does that not look good? I figure Sintim dukes it out with blackburn, kehl starts at WLB and Pierce holds down the middle. Nicks is a solid #2 target, Loadholt is exactly what we need in an RT, helps the run. Terrence Taylor has been dissed left and right, but he still shows he has strength, he can be that big body in the middle. Courtney Greene is great for our system, he could play at either safety position, plus hes a hometown hero. Ian Johnson replaces a back with superior vision and perserverance in ward, he's the wind for our earth, fire, and water. Wompamo, no one mentions his name, he could be a great steal. Ryan Purvis, this guy was at least top 5 TE preseason, bring the BC guy in. Sakoda doesnt have superior legstrength but right now we dont either, its his accuracy and consistancy.

hugegmenfan
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
well geo i hope your right.

1. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia
2a. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
2b. Phil Loadholt RT Oklahoma
3. Terrence Taylor NT Michigan
4. Courtney Greene FS/SS Rutgers
5a. Ian Johnson RB Boise State
5b. Wompamo Osaisai CB Stanford
6. Ryan Purvis TE Boston College
7. Louie Sakoda K/P Utah

does that not look good? I figure Sintim dukes it out with blackburn, kehl starts at WLB and Pierce holds down the middle. Nicks is a solid #2 target, Loadholt is exactly what we need in an RT, helps the run. Terrence Taylor has been dissed left and right, but he still shows he has strength, he can be that big body in the middle. Courtney Greene is great for our system, he could play at either safety position, plus hes a hometown hero. Ian Johnson replaces a back with superior vision and perserverance in ward, he's the wind for our earth, fire, and water. Wompamo, no one mentions his name, he could be a great steal. Ryan Purvis, this guy was at least top 5 TE preseason, bring the BC guy in. Sakoda doesnt have superior legstrength but right now we dont either, its his accuracy and consistancy.

i absolutely love this mock man, 1st 2 round picks no one can ask for more personally. I am a big fan of Courtney Greene from watching a lot of Rutgers games and completely agree he would be very effective on our defense. Ian Johnson is very interesting, he is a great reciever which we despetately need and would serve as a very different type of player than were used to having. I have never seen the last three so i cannot comment but i looked up their stats and measurables and its not bad. This is a great mock

Forenci
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't think there is any reason to waste a higher round pick on a RB. We can find a 4th RB later in the draft because thats essentially what he would be. Moreno and Bradshaw are very similar IMO so he wouldnt be that good of a fit even if we did take a RB and I like Moreno a lot.

I agree to some extent, but I think people believe you can find a great running back in any round, but thats really not always true. I think it's important to get a good running back where the value dictates it. Look at the Colts getting Addai in the first round a few years ago. Sure they have Peyton which helps him out, but he's a big part of that offense. It was good value and a part of their offense they needed.

In fact, I'd say in recent years you're much more likely to get a find a good WR later in the draft than you are a good running back later in the draft.

I'm only saying that if Moreno, who is a potential franchise running back and has terrific hands out of the back field has better vision than Bradshaw and is available I wouldn't hesitate to take him. Not to mention the guy is just everything you want in a player off the field too. Hard worker, leader for his college team, and loves playing the game.

Otherwise grab a guy like Donald Brown early in the second round, or if you can't get him wait a while and get a running back later in the draft like you guys are suggesting.

As far as wide outs go, I'd LOVE to grab Hakeem Nicks. I think he has explosive play making ability and that's what we need more than anything. A guy who can get separation and make big catches. Plus he has pretty good size too.

Britt to me is being over hyped a bit. I'd be alright with him in the first, but I'd certainly not want it to be the first option because quite frankly he's not an elite WR and thats generally what I want with both running backs and wide receivers in the first round.

LTgiants
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree to some extent, but I think people believe you can find a great running back in any round, but thats really not always true. I think it's important to get a good running back where the value dictates it. Look at the Colts getting Addai in the first round a few years ago. Sure they have Peyton which helps him out, but he's a big part of that offense. It was good value and a part of their offense they needed.

In fact, I'd say in recent years you're much more likely to get a find a good WR later in the draft than you are a good running back later in the draft.

I'm only saying that if Moreno, who is a potential franchise running back and has terrific hands out of the back field has better vision than Bradshaw and is available I wouldn't hesitate to take him. Not to mention the guy is just everything you want in a player off the field too. Hard worker, leader for his college team, and loves playing the game.

Otherwise grab a guy like Donald Brown early in the second round, or if you can't get him wait a while and get a running back later in the draft like you guys are suggesting.

As far as wide outs go, I'd LOVE to grab Hakeem Nicks. I think he has explosive play making ability and that's what we need more than anything. A guy who can get separation and make big catches. Plus he has pretty good size too.

Britt to me is being over hyped a bit. I'd be alright with him in the first, but I'd certainly not want it to be the first option because quite frankly he's not an elite WR and thats generally what I want with both running backs and wide receivers in the first round.

that Addai example was horrible they drafted him cause they lost edge it wouldn't be like our situation at all were we have 2 rbs and now would be adding a higher salary at a position which wouldn't be a huge upgrade over Bradshaw if we drafted a Moreno in the 1st round. There is no point in drafting a Rb before round 3.

scottyboy
02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
that Addai example was horrible they drafted him cause they lost edge it wouldn't be like our situation at all were we have 2 rbs and now would be adding a higher salary at a position which wouldn't be a huge upgrade over Bradshaw if we drafted a Moreno in the 1st round. There is no point in drafting a Rb before round 3.

unless a RB is BPA...

LTgiants
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
unless a RB is BPA...

i guess if there was literally no one left

scottyboy
02-25-2009, 07:00 PM
i guess if there was literally no one left

no, if a stud RB who was excellent value for the round fell, we'd grab him, no ifs ands or buts.

Also, Sintim in round one is out. He's struggled of late at the senior bowl in coverage and combine drills. Please G-Men, just grab a WR round 1 and go BPA. Hopefully, with Jacobs now locked up, we focus on our 2 big needs of WR and LB, which shouldn't be too hard to do. Spend some cash in FA or lock up Eli. Right now, I'm very optimistic and pumped for the offseason

LTgiants
02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
no, if a stud RB who was excellent value for the round fell, we'd grab him, no ifs ands or buts.

Also, Sintim in round one is out. He's struggled of late at the senior bowl in coverage and combine drills. Please G-Men, just grab a WR round 1 and go BPA. Hopefully, with Jacobs now locked up, we focus on our 2 big needs of WR and LB, which shouldn't be too hard to do. Spend some cash in FA or lock up Eli. Right now, I'm very optimistic and pumped for the offseason

but there are no stud rb's in this draft there are good rb's but no guy like a Ronnie Brown coming out of this draft.

We have young Lb's so i think it would be better try and go FA route for that draft a WR #1 and then u can go and draft what ever DL, OL, even a RB, or even another Safety

hugegmenfan
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
I have gotten really on the Ramses Barden band wagon as of lately. i want him on our team badly.

Forenci
02-25-2009, 09:08 PM

How is that a horrible example? The Colts use a one back system where we use a THREE running back system where Ward was a HUGE part of this offense.

Bradshaw has proven nothing other than that he can come into the game in the fourth quarter when the game is pretty much over and pick up some solid yardage.

I would never put all my eggs in one basket and hope that he'll produce. Not when we're expected to win next year.

..and of course there is a point in drafting a running back before the third round. We are a run heavy team. Not a passing team. We run the ball to win the game. I put the priority of a good running back over a good wide receiver because of how our team is built, which is around the run.

Personally tough, I want to go defense in the first round because it all centers around an elite defense. The Steelers had mediocre offense with almost no running backs left on their roster. I just want an superb defense because it will lead to SO many more wins.

I agree with Scottyboy though. I don't like Sintim much, and that was even before the combine.

scottyboy
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
here's what we can do to make everyone happy:

Sign Boley
extend Eli
Plax comes back
Draft Britt
Draft Donald Brown
Draft BPA

GAME

LTgiants
02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
How is that a horrible example? The Colts use a one back system where we use a THREE running back system where Ward was a HUGE part of this offense.

Bradshaw has proven nothing other than that he can come into the game in the fourth quarter when the game is pretty much over and pick up some solid yardage.

I would never put all my eggs in one basket and hope that he'll produce. Not when we're expected to win next year.

..and of course there is a point in drafting a running back before the third round. We are a run heavy team. Not a passing team. We run the ball to win the game. I put the priority of a good running back over a good wide receiver because of how our team is built, which is around the run.

Personally tough, I want to go defense in the first round because it all centers around an elite defense. The Steelers had mediocre offense with almost no running backs left on their roster. I just want an superb defense because it will lead to SO many more wins.

I agree with Scottyboy though. I don't like Sintim much, and that was even before the combine.

using the colts drafting of Addai as an example is pretty bad when u just said the colts dont run the same system as us. They didn't draft Addai to pair him with someone they drafted him cause they lost there starting RB and had no 1 else. Not like us who already have 3 rbs on the roster right now. If Bradshaw hasn't proven anything shouldn't we give him a chance to? considering he has played well in the time he has got. You can replace ward's production with a low money fa or a later draft pick. Derrick Ward wasn't a high draft pick and look at him just to show you that u don't have to draft a 1st round RB.

culloden1745
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM

If you forgot, Bradshaw was #2 late in the sb run, rotating with Jacobs,and he did pretty well. I dont remember exactly but I'm sure he was the more productive back in the playoffs.
Hell he even knocked the vaunted Reuben Droughns to the bench.

Forenci
02-26-2009, 09:35 AM
using the colts drafting of Addai as an example is pretty bad when u just said the colts dont run the same system as us. They didn't draft Addai to pair him with someone they drafted him cause they lost there starting RB and had no 1 else. Not like us who already have 3 rbs on the roster right now. If Bradshaw hasn't proven anything shouldn't we give him a chance to? considering he has played well in the time he has got. You can replace ward's production with a low money fa or a later draft pick. Derrick Ward wasn't a high draft pick and look at him just to show you that u don't have to draft a 1st round RB.

...you're joking right? You can use the exact same argument I'm making for the one you're making. We lost a critical part of our offense (Derrick Ward) and need someone to replace him. My point is, if Moreno did somehow fall to us (which is highly unlikely because he's a terrific player) then I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. That's all.

Otherwise I agree, look for the best value at RB later in the draft.

On another note, it seems like a lot of people are giving us Kenny Britt with our first second round pick which I'd be VERY happy about. I'm not a huge Britt fan, but I'd love the pick if we got him there as it'd be tremendous value.

Malaka
02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I honestly would love to have Britt in round one I have really started to like Britt, actually even more so than Hakeem Nicks. But of course I'd love to see us grab Ramses in the 3rd/4th, that is of course we get no receiver in rounds 1 and 2.

BaLLiN
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
does anyone think this is possible,

1. Knowshon Moreno
2a. Hakeem Nicks
2b (trade up using 3rd or 4th possibly) Clint Sintim

that would be a pretty nasty first day

LTgiants
02-26-2009, 11:56 AM
...you're joking right? You can use the exact same argument I'm making for the one you're making. We lost a critical part of our offense (Derrick Ward) and need someone to replace him. My point is, if Moreno did somehow fall to us (which is highly unlikely because he's a terrific player) then I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. That's all.

Otherwise I agree, look for the best value at RB later in the draft.

On another note, it seems like a lot of people are giving us Kenny Britt with our first second round pick which I'd be VERY happy about. I'm not a huge Britt fan, but I'd love the pick if we got him there as it'd be tremendous value.

No I am not joking I think its dumb to draft a 1st round rb unless we lost out on every single one of our 1st round targets cause I have just as much faith as Bradshaw being a solid #2 RB compared to any RB in this draft class. You said What has Bradshaw produced? At least we have seen Bradshaw play in the NFL. What makes you think Moreno would be able to do more?. Bradshaw has about the same amount of experience as any 1st rd RB would so why draft a RB in the 1st round if he might not beat Bradshaw and there is someone else out there that could help us.

scottyboy
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
does anyone think this is possible,

1. Knowshon Moreno
2a. Hakeem Nicks
2b (trade up using 3rd or 4th possibly) Clint Sintim

that would be a pretty nasty first day

no because I honestly believe some team is going to fall in love with Nicks early. I've got him pegged to the Bears in my upcoming tremendously long project mock. even though Britt>>Nicks...but we wont start that again right forenci...:p

Mr. Hero
02-28-2009, 06:39 AM
With the signing of Michael Boley I'm hoping William Beatty is available at our pick. The kid is going to be looking down the blindside and clearing rushing lanes for someone with a good strength and conditioning staff to bulk him up. I'd love it if were here, he'd help ensure that our oline is a strength for years to come. Plus once he took over for diehl in a season we'd be able to move Diehl back to LG or over to RT where he could be even more of a beast than he is right now.

I don't think the difference between a WR drafted here and at the saints pick is going to be too big of a difference, and worst case scenario we can always wait til our second rounder and grab Ramses Barden and Brian Robiskie who can both replace the physicality and size/leaping ability that we've missed without plax with some polish.

BaLLiN
02-28-2009, 09:16 AM
looking at the value chart, if we trade our first and 2nd 2nd we could get to pick 17 possibly, and our first and 1st 2nd we could get to pick 14. Or if we wanted to trade both our seconds we could get pick 23.

We have firepower :)

BaLLiN
02-28-2009, 09:47 AM
i wouldnt be opposed to staying put though. This would be a good draft to upgrade our OL.

1. Hakeem Nicks, since we really wouldnt be able to reach guys like Maclin or Crabtree, staying put might be the best idea. He's a tough physical clutch guy, not tall, but Toomer was only 6-2 ish. Plus DHB is speed, Hixon has plenty speed.

2a. Duke Robinson, i know alot of people are going to say we have other needs, well Robinson is a great value, he's an amazing run blocker, which is our forte, big frame. Plus Haynesworth just got signed by the skins.

2b. Phil Loadholt, i know, again we have other needs, but he as well is a superior run blocker, needs to quicken his feet, he could easily replace McKenzie Midseason IMO. And hopefuly Guy Whimper steps up his game so LT will be solid for the future.

3. TERRENCE TAYLOR!!! :) huge firehydrant DT, improves the line. now i think we'll probably get our compensatory pick end of 3rd, or hope, and thats a good chance for us to get Barden.

4. Courtney Greene- in a poor safety class, look at a safety who fits your scheme and has potential. He's a pretty smart guy as well, so you get a great quality player and person.

5a. Ian Johnson- RBs can be great if they can do one thing well, Emmit Smith wasnt fast, he wasnt amazingly quick either, he had vision. When i see Johnson i see a back that has great vision. He's married, and seems like a good kid.

5b. Wompamo Osaisai- i feel really repetitive putting him in my draft, dont know his character, but i know he showed he could play his junior season.

6. Ryan Purivs

7. Louie Sakoda

culloden1745
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
i wouldnt be opposed to staying put though. This would be a good draft to upgrade our OL.

1. Hakeem Nicks, since we really wouldnt be able to reach guys like Maclin or Crabtree, staying put might be the best idea. He's a tough physical clutch guy, not tall, but Toomer was only 6-2 ish. Plus DHB is speed, Hixon has plenty speed.

2a. Duke Robinson, i know alot of people are going to say we have other needs, well Robinson is a great value, he's an amazing run blocker, which is our forte, big frame. Plus Haynesworth just got signed by the skins.

2b. Phil Loadholt, i know, again we have other needs, but he as well is a superior run blocker, needs to quicken his feet, he could easily replace McKenzie Midseason IMO. And hopefuly Guy Whimper steps up his game so LT will be solid for the future.

3. TERRENCE TAYLOR!!! :) huge firehydrant DT, improves the line. now i think we'll probably get our compensatory pick end of 3rd, or hope, and thats a good chance for us to get Barden.

4. Courtney Greene- in a poor safety class, look at a safety who fits your scheme and has potential. He's a pretty smart guy as well, so you get a great quality player and person.

5a. Ian Johnson- RBs can be great if they can do one thing well, Emmit Smith wasnt fast, he wasnt amazingly quick either, he had vision. When i see Johnson i see a back that has great vision. He's married, and seems like a good kid.

5b. Wompamo Osaisai- i feel really repetitive putting him in my draft, dont know his character, but i know he showed he could play his junior season.

6. Ryan Purivs

7. Louie Sakoda
I was thinking Robinson too. If we adequately address dt, and lb, in fa, build up our lines. He;d be an upgrade over Rich S.

touchdownmaker
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
"DHB is speed, Hixon has plenty speed"

Make no mistake, DHB is waaay better than Hixon.

Giantsfan1080
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
"DHB is speed, Hixon has plenty speed"

Make no mistake, DHB is waaay better than Hixon.

He's way faster. Who knows if he's way better.

Malaka
02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Hixon is a burner too he ran a high 4.3 if I remember correctly. Athletically, DHB and Hixon are quite similar.

Both are very fast, while the faster being DHM.
Hixon with a 4.38
DHB With a 4.30

Their verticals were both 38.5

Hixon is 6'1 200 and DHB is 6'2 210.

DHB athletically has the slight edge over Hixon.

BaLLiN
02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
thats why i said hixon has plenty speed, i knew he didnt time as fast, but Hixon is fast enough to burn people deep running a streak

gpngc
02-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Well with Rocky Bernard now signed, as well as Boley... what will your first three picks be?

WR
OL
RB
TE?

????

BaLLiN
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Well with Rocky Bernard now signed, as well as Boley... what will your first three picks be?

WR
OL
RB
TE?

????

i dont wanna see a TE in the first 4 rounds, we have Boss (all around good TE) Matthews (really good run blocker) and Darcy Johnson (probably best recieving TE)

touchdownmaker
02-28-2009, 07:18 PM
(((((Hixon with a 4.38
DHB With a 4.30

Their verticals were both 38.5

Hixon is 6'1 200 and DHB is 6'2 210. ))))

Great insight.......that is why I love this site so damn much. Now I might have gone a bit far in rating DHB without seeing him against any NFL comp. Although DHB only has 10lbs on Hixon, it seems as though he plays tougher than Hixon does. Bey seems a lot stronger than Hixon to me. I can't remember any one eating DHB up with the jam in college, while we all know that Hixon can't get off the jam too well. Bey's stregnth combined with his speed is what makes him so dangerous. Hixon just has the speed.

Giantsfan1080
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Wr and OL depth is probably the way we go. We also probably go safety again this year since we only have 2 under contract right now.

BaLLiN
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Great insight.......that is why I love this site so damn much. Now I might have gone a bit far in rating DHB without seeing him against any NFL comp. Although DHB only has 10lbs on Hixon, it seems as though he plays tougher than Hixon does. Bey seems a lot stronger than Hixon to me. I can't remember any one eating DHB up with the jam in college, while we all know that Hixon can't get off the jam too well. Bey's stregnth combined with his speed is what makes him so dangerous. Hixon just has the speed.

i agree with that, but Hixon also has performed on an NFL stage, DHB hasnt, speed is good, but you need other things, and consistency isnt DHB's strongpoint. i see a Dwayne Boweish type player in Nicks.

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 03:45 AM
If we don't go WR in the first and there's no one at new orleans pick I like Robiskie and Barden with our second rounder or marko mitchell in the third on, all of those guys are big strong guys who go up and get the ball while having the strength to break away from jams and use their deceptive deep speed. One of those guys would be great to prep behind Plax.

culloden1745
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Not so much what the Giants should do, but could do. They tend to pick "unpolished" or smaller school guys before they should be picked, like Whimper, Osi, Alford, to fill needs.
1. Nicks
2. Loadholt
2. Unger/ Robinson...Unger can play any spot on the line
3. Greene/ Chip Vaughn big hitters with range...what we need
4.Jaison Williams small school lb with speed, experience inside /outside, special team help.
5. Marko Mitchell Big wr with good hands and speed. remember we are losing both starting wr.
5. Devin Moore Scatback with something no one else on the team has, legit home run speed. special teams help. We lost Droughns who filled a spot and will lose Ward. Adding a rb to pick up some of Bradhsaw's work on pr, krs.
6. Sammie Lee Hill/ Khalif Mitchel Big bodies and athletic with potential. Redshirt year Big Fred isnt getting any younger, Rocky isnt a kid either.
7. Bruce Johnson remember we are losing back up cbs, Madison, Mcquarters.
ok cover cb with special team ability, speed

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Anyone like Massoquoi?

Malaka
03-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Isn't he 3rd/4th rounder... I'd rather have Ramses Barden...

Kase1
03-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I say we go OL, S, WR, and possibly look at a Punter in the last round (Feagles has a good season or 2 left, might as well get someone he can mold while he's still here)

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Isn't he 3rd/4th rounder... I'd rather have Ramses Barden...

i feel like he's a poor man's DHB, could get him in late 4th

Malaka
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
i feel like he's a poor man's DHB, could get him in late 4th

DHB is 6'2 and ran a 4.3...
Ramses Barden is 6'6 and ran a 4.5 something... I don't really see a comparison there.

Anyway... the Canty signing, I hate it, maybe if we never signed Bernard fine, but it makes no sense, especially if no trades are made, its always good to have a lot of DL, but Canty and Bernard aren't even pass rushers.

Crickett
03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Ramses Barden is 6'6 and ran a 4.5 something... I don't really see a comparison there.

Barden's 40 is listed at 4.61.

Malaka
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Barden's 40 is listed at 4.61.

I thought he ran a 4.58... w/e thats besides that fact Barden and DHB do not compare well at all...

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM

Anyway... the Canty signing, I hate it, maybe if we never signed Bernard fine, but it makes no sense, especially if no trades are made, its always good to have a lot of DL, but Canty and Bernard aren't even pass rushers.

Bernard is a pass rusher that is his main strength

Malaka
03-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I still do not understand the Canty signing anyway...

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 04:28 PM

i meant massoquoi

Malaka
03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
i meant massoquoi

Oh yeah that makes a lot more sense.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I still do not understand the Canty signing anyway...

the only thing i got is the giants want to make a even better DL then the 07 DL.

Crickett
03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
With the Giants free agent acquisitions, what are the odds the Giants use one of those second rounders to trade their way from the end to the middle of the first round?

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 04:34 PM
With the Giants free agent acquisitions, what are the odds the Giants use one of those second rounders to trade their way from the end to the middle of the first round?

idk i think its possible depends who he is trying to get.

Maybe in a crazy dream land Reese will try and make a move for Aaron Curry or Crabtree. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 04:43 PM
i hope we just try to get Nicks or DHB, otherwise we'd have to give up waay too much, then with the 2nd we dont use i wanna get Duke Robinson. Building up the lines ultimately makes the skill position players alot better. (i think we're probably trying to get DHB)

1. (trade second second to get to #17ish) Darrius Heyward-Bey
2. Duke Robinson
3. Ramses Barden
4. Courtney Greene (probably have to trade away 1 5th)
5. Ian Johnson
6. Wompamo Osasia
7. Louie Sakoda

gpngc
03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Don't rule out the possibility of trading for a couple of 2010 picks (which may be a good idea considering this draft is pretty weak and you don't have many needs).

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Don't rule out the possibility of trading for a couple of 2010 picks (which may be a good idea considering this draft is pretty weak and you don't have many needs).

this draft isn't weak

Malaka
03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
this draft isn't weak

I dont really consider it* a strong draft either.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
I dont really consider a strong draft either.

There isn't top end talent but I think it's got some great depth.

Kase1
03-01-2009, 05:09 PM
As much as Im a Sintim basher, he may not be a bad idea now that our only glaring need for a starter IMO is Strongside LB, cause it was announced that Boley will play the weakside

A pass rushing monster at SLB would make our D OUTSTANDING..... well we're already outstanding with the addition of Canty and 'The Nard Dogg'

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
As much as Im a Sintim basher, he may not be a bad idea now that our only glaring need for a starter IMO is Strongside LB, cause it was announced that Boley will play the weakside

A pass rushing monster at SLB would make our D OUTSTANDING..... well we're already outstanding with the addition of Canty and 'The Nard Dogg'

We need a LB that can cover someone. I like Sintim but now that we have a really crazy pass rush I'd like for someone who can cover a TE or Rb out of the backfield.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
We need a LB that can cover someone. I like Sintim but now that we have a really crazy pass rush I'd like for someone who can cover a TE or Rb out of the backfield.

Boley can cover thats one of the main reasons we signed him

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 05:32 PM

our front seven

RE: Osi, Kiwi, Tollefson, Henderson
DT: Fred Robbins (probably released), Canty, Alford
NT: Coefield, Bernard
LE: Tuck, Kiwi, Tollefson, henderson

SLB: Blackburn, Kehl, DeOssie
MLB: Pierce, Goff, DeOssie
WLB: Boley, Wilkinson, Kehl

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 05:32 PM
i actually like blackburn at SAM, he played well there last year

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 05:52 PM
our front seven

RE: Osi, Kiwi, Tollefson, Henderson
DT: Fred Robbins (probably released), Canty, Alford
NT: Coefield, Bernard
LE: Tuck, Kiwi, Tollefson, henderson

SLB: Blackburn, Kehl, DeOssie
MLB: Pierce, Goff, DeOssie
WLB: Boley, Wilkinson, Kehl

Your forgetting about Clark.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Boley can cover thats one of the main reasons we signed him

Ok I wasn't sure to be honest. I know he plays the run very well but I wasn't sure about his ability to cover.

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Your forgetting about Clark.

we might release him, they're is no real need to keep him

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
we might release him, they're is no real need to keep him

Well untill we do he should be on your depth chart haha. You had Robbins on there and you thought he might get released.

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Well untill we do he should be on your depth chart haha. You had Robbins on there and you thought he might get released.

He probably should, if we're going to pay money for him to sit on the bench or Canty to sit on the bench. Plus id rather not see Robbins die at the age of 40

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 06:17 PM
He probably should, if we're going to pay money for him to sit on the bench or Canty to sit on the bench. Plus id rather not see Robbins die at the age of 40

He's not going to sit on the bench. He played at a very high level with this year but he broke down a little towards the end. We're going to keep him fresher this year and he won't break down towards the stretch run. He doesn't make that much money where we are forced to play him.

scottyboy
03-01-2009, 06:18 PM
i don't think Clark will get released, he was our best LB last year. Him at SAM is fine, he stuffed the run excellently last year. Boley is a coverage monster, which is awesome.

Right now, you gotta think our number one priority is WR, followed by OL depth and maybe RB. I'll do a breakdown soon of positions considering age, depth and talent

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 06:19 PM
i don't think Clark will get released, he was our best LB last year. Him at SAM is fine, he stuffed the run excellently last year. Boley is a coverage monster, which is awesome.

Right now, you gotta think our number one priority is WR, followed by OL depth and maybe RB. I'll do a breakdown soon of positions considering age, depth and talent

Safety also. We only have 2 on the roster right now.

scottyboy
03-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Safety also. We only have 2 on the roster right now.

ah yes, forgot about that. I could see us drafting one and giving Dahl another shot, but I think we need to/will sign a vet safety as well. ANother small type of deal ala Knight last year

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
While i do agree that Danny clark was good last year, i just don't see him in future plans at all for us.

QB-eli is pretty young
RB- jacobs is on the back end of his career, AB and DW are potentially good 1-2 punch
FB- hedgecock is good, probably done in a few years
WR- a mess, but pretty young minus plax
TE- very young
OL-probably only has 1 or 2 more years together before O'hara and McKenzie are done

DL-overal middle of career on average
LB- minus pierce and ware we're young
CB- good players and young
S- good players and young as well

thats how i see it

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 06:26 PM
ah yes, forgot about that. I could see us drafting one and giving Dahl another shot, but I think we need to/will sign a vet safety as well. ANother small type of deal ala Knight last year

yeah i noticed dahl was back, good to see whatever injury he had didnt mess him up that bad.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
While i do agree that Danny clark was good last year, i just don't see him in future plans at all for us.

QB-eli is pretty young
RB- jacobs is on the back end of his career, AB and DW are potentially good 1-2 punch
FB- hedgecock is good, probably done in a few years
WR- a mess, but pretty young minus plax
TE- very young
OL-probably only has 1 or 2 more years together before O'hara and McKenzie are done

DL-overal middle of career on average
CB- good players and young
S- good players and young as well

thats how i see it

ware doesn't play LB lol

Jacobs- I wouldn't say he is in the back end of his career

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
ware doesn't play LB lol

Jacobs- I wouldn't say he is in the back end of his career

Danny Ware? are you doing crack?

And yea, because jacobs runningstyle he probably wont last as long, tops 4 more years, eddie george only lasted 9 years

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Danny Ware? are you doing crack?

And yea, because jacobs runningstyle he probably wont last as long, tops 4 more years, eddie george only lasted 9 years

you wrote ware theirs is only 1 ware on our team and that is danny ware he is a rb not a lb

Ya I understand that but as a fan I hope whether realistically or not that he last longer then Eddie George

thats how i see it

scottyboy
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
OFFENSE

QB: Eli, Carr and Woodson. We're obviously fine here with the ONLY thing we need to do is lock up Eli long term, but I don't see that becomming a problem at all. We've got time with him.

RB: Jacobs is locked up, which rules. Listen, I love Bradshaw as much as the next guy, but he barely saw the ball last year, even when Jacobs was out. He's had fumbling problems and I'm a bit nervous making him the steady #2 guy. And if/when Jacobs goes down, I'm not sure I trust him as the full guy with Ware behind him. I mean, let's get Ware an NFL carry before we crown him, ok? I want another RB and I truly believe we need one.

FB: Hedgecock rules. simply put.

WR: We've got Smith. That's it. Moss and Manningham are useless as we dont know how to utilize them. Manningham is also stupid. Hixon is a nice big play guy/special teamer and WR to beat up on the Seahawks, but not a legit full time threat. We obviously need the big time #1 guy, and that's our biggest need right now. But I also wouldn't be against drafting another big WR early in the draft, even if we already trade for a big name or draft a WR round 1. This really depends on Plax though.

TE: Yea, I'd like to see another recieving TE, just as a weapon. I'm telling you, if a Chase Coffman is BPA in the late 2nd or 3rd, nab him. Just make our O that much scarier. Boss is our guy, and Johnson and Matthews are excellent blocking/goal line TEs. a good #2 recieving TE would be a nice luxury.

OT: We've got Diehl and Kareem. Our OL is our biggest strength, especially their chemistry. Diehl can play LG too, so that lets us be flexible when drafting OL depth. Kareem is up there in age, so we could look for an eventual replacement if need be. Boothe is an ok backup to him and Whimper is servicable, but too much youth and depth at OL is NEVER a bad thing. I think OL depth is our 2nd biggest need really.

OG: Snee and Seubert. Yea Richie isn't the most talented OG, but he's a tough ass mofo who loves to run block and just fits the tough guy NYG OL mantra. Snee is a young pro bowler who recently signed an extension, we're fine their.

OC: O'Hara. He's awesome and went to RU, not much more to say!. We need to re-sign Ruegamer though for OC/OG depth. O'Hara is I think about 31, so an eventual replacement could be drafted, but it's not a pressing need by any means.

DEFENSE

DE: Osi, Tuck, Kiwi and maybe Tollefson- I think it's safe to say we're friggin set here, huh guys? gorgeous. All talented and young. Oh, it's a thing of beauty.

DT: Robbins, Cofield, Canty, Rocky, Alford- I really think the Canty signing is for next year and even insurance. He'll probably(and hopefully) start with Freddy this year. I believe this is Freddy's last year, at least in NYG. He's 32, banged up and a FA after this year. I love him and hope he retires(on top too!) which would set Canty and Cofield as our young talented starters in the future. Cofield is also a FA after this season. Alford is a nice pass rusher, but nothing special and will stick around for the future, youth, depth and long snapping. We're set here, for now, and most likely the future with Canty and Barry. Rocky's a great vet pass rusher too

OLB: Boley is set in stone as the starter, that's that. He's on the weakside as the first speedy cover OLB we've had in some time. LOVE the signing. Its no secret I think Clark was great for us last year. Great run thumper, smart vet presence. Ilike him there, but if a future SAM falls to us, I wouldn't mind nabbing him. I wouldn't be opposed to trying out Kehl or Chase either. We've got excellent depth. DeOssie in there as well for depth and snapping. Not alot of age there either.

MLB: everyone here's' got their opinion on Pierce. He's fat and slow, but my god he's so ******* smart. He breaks down EVERYTHING and is our QB on the defense. He needs to come to camp in the best shape of his life. Even before last yearsdraft, i LOVED Goff. I hope he can be our future MIKE. Love this kid, we'll see if the Giants feel the same way.

CB: Ross, Webster, Dockey and Thomas!??! OH MY! what a young group of guys with talent. I believe Dockery will get some fairly big $$$ next year, so we'll need a speedy nickel guy, but that's in the future and not all too hard to obtain. Love what we've got here. Hopefully we keep Madison around on the staff.

S: We've got Kenny and Johnson. 2 talented young kids, but we need insurance, depth and a vet or 2. Kenny is our starter, that's that. I feel Johnson will keep his job too, but right now safety's gotta be high on the need chart. I eexpect us to keep Dahl, draft a safety, and sign/trade for a vet.

K: Tynes is our guy this year. Get the antacid ready...

P: We've got Feagles, the bestest player ever. BUT, we could afford to draft a future replacement...

scottyboy
03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
who the hell is a LB named Ware? did we get Demarcus!??!?!?

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 06:57 PM
you wrote ware theirs is only 1 ware on our team and that is danny ware he is a rb not a lb

Ya I understand that but as a fan I hope whether realistically or not that he last longer then Eddie George

OHH my bad, meant clark lol, sorry im the one on crack.

BaLLiN
03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
your writeup made me lol.

Malaka
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Honestly, we aren't signing a receiver so, if Plax doesn't come back... what will our starting WR set up look like... I am guessing.

1. Domenik Hixon
2. Steve Smith
3. Sinorice Moss
4. Manningham/Kenny Britt/Hakeem Nicks/Ramses Barden/other receiver we draft.

??????????????????????????????????

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Honestly, we aren't signing a receiver so, if Plax doesn't come back... what will our starting WR set up look like... I am guessing.

1. Domenik Hixon
2. Steve Smith
3. Sinorice Moss
4. Manningham/Kenny Britt/Hakeem Nicks/Ramses Barden/other receiver we draft.

??????????????????????????????????

Braylon Edwards/Quan Boldin
Hixon
Smith
Special Mario/Moss
Britt/Nicks/Barden/Robiskie/Mitchell

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Braylon Edwards/Quan Boldin
Hixon
Smith
Special Mario/Moss
Britt/Nicks/Barden/Robiskie/Mitchell

and your giving up what to get braylon/ quan while still somehow having the ability to draft nicks or britt?

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Scotty, you forgot Rocky Bernard in your DT rotation.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 08:20 PM
and your giving up what to get braylon/ quan while still somehow having the ability to draft nicks or britt?

The only way we can get Britt or Nicks is if we trade Kiwi and our 1st 2nd round pick and then maybe a later pick. I think we have what it takes to get it done if they really are available.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I think Robiskie is going to be an awesome player but he reminds me exactly of our Steve Smith. I don't know if that would be a good fit to have 2 guys that do the exact same thing.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:23 PM
The only way we can get Britt or Nicks is if we trade Kiwi and our 1st 2nd round pick and then maybe a later pick. I think we have what it takes to get it done if they really are available.

I figured but I was curious how hero thinks we can get 1 of those 2 receivers and a low first/ high second rd receiver.

I don't want to trade kiwi though we need him has that 3rd DE. I even think we should put him at LB for a couple plays to give us even more pass rushers on the field.

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 08:24 PM
New Orleans' second round pick and a conditional pick next season, for braylon, for quan our first rounder and a conditional pick next season. maybe have to include a day two pick this season, no biggie.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
New Orleans' second round pick and a conditional pick next season, for braylon, for quan our first rounder and a conditional pick next season. maybe have to include a day two pick this season, no biggie.

that's not bad its better then most offers I have seen people try.

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't think we are trading Kiwi but yeah we have what it takes.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't think we are trading Kiwi but yeah we have what it takes.

i think its possible he gets moved but i don't want it to happen

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 08:32 PM
that's not bad its better then most offers I have seen people try.

It's a steep price but if plax isn't back we need a legit number one who'll change coverages so all of our complimentary guys can be more effective. I still have a feeling like Plax is goign to stick around for a few more seasons, although I do think we should spend a second or third round pick on WR even if plax is back, partially as insurance, partially as future replacement.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:35 PM
It's a steep price but if plax isn't back we need a legit number one who'll change coverages so all of our complimentary guys can be more effective. I still have a feeling like Plax is goign to stick around for a few more seasons, although I do think we should spend a second or third round pick on WR even if plax is back, partially as insurance, partially as future replacement.

I think Plax is getting some time or some kind of punishment Bloomberg wants to hit him with something he isn't gonna let him just walk away

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I think Plax is getting some time or some kind of punishment Bloomberg wants to hit him with something he isn't gonna let him just walk away

*shrug* we'll see. :confused:

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
*shrug* we'll see. :confused:

indeed we will see

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 08:54 PM
indeed we will see

That we shall...indeed see...at some future point.

LTgiants
03-01-2009, 08:56 PM
That we shall...indeed see...at some future point.

indeed at some future point we shall see what plax's fate is

Crickett
03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Seeing, is what we shall do. At some point. In the future. With our sight.

OSUGiants17
03-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Here is the way I feel, we are set on the DL, we could use a OLB(but we can wait till our second 2nd rounder or our 3rd), and we really need a #1 WR. So, here is what I say we do, trade our first and a later pick for a #1 WR, because we have filled all of our needs in FA(other then OL depth, but we can still get that in FA or later in the draft) and no rookie can come in and be a true #1 WR for us this year.

Kase1
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Is it true that we're getting a 3rd round conditional pick for Gibril???? A few people mentioned that on the Giants.com MB's

hugegmenfan
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Is it true that we're getting a 3rd round conditional pick for Gibril???? A few people mentioned that on the Giants.com MB's

not sure but that would be so good...wilson did sign a huge contract with the raiders and the bigger the contract the higher the comp pick is so its def possible

Geo
03-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Guess I have to repost this two months later.
Gibril Wilson will definitely net the Giants a fourth round comp pick.
Not a third round pick though, his (former) contract with the Raiders wasn't big enough.

Kase1
03-02-2009, 03:24 PM
not sure but that would be so good...wilson did sign a huge contract with the raiders and the bigger the contract the higher the comp pick is so its def possible

If I wasnt at work Id be able to do some more research, but Ill give it a shot

....Damn web blockers, LOL

BaLLiN
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Guess I have to repost this two months later.

Not a third round pick though, his (former) contract with the Raiders wasn't big enough.

whats the basis of the comp picks salarywise

Geo
03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Basically, comp picks tend to work in tiers. The third round comp picks are for the highest tier of salaries, the fourth for the next highest tier, and so on.

For this upcoming year, here are (what I think are) the highest eligible free agent signings of last offseason:

New England/ Asante Samuel (9)
Pittsburgh Steelers/ Alan Faneca (8)
Cincinnati/ Justin Smith (7.5)
Arizona/ Calvin Pace (7)
Chicago/ Bernard Berrian (7)
New York Giants/ Gibril Wilson (6.5)
San Diego Chargers/ Michael Turner (5.75)
Tennessee Titans/ Antwan Odom (5.9)

The accompanying number is the average salary of the total contract.

As you can see, Wilson's average is lower than quite a few other eligible players. My guess is that Justin Smith marks the end of the top tier, ie. only New England (Samuel), Pittsburgh (Faneca), and Cincinnati (Smith) get 3rd round comp picks.

But Wilson should definitely net the Giants a 4th round comp pick.

Kase1
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Basically, comp picks tend to work in tiers. The third round comp picks are for the highest tier of salaries, the fourth for the next highest tier, and so on.

For this upcoming year, here are (what I think are) the highest eligible free agent signings of last offseason:

New England/ Asante Samuel (9)
Pittsburgh Steelers/ Alan Faneca (8)
Cincinnati/ Justin Smith (7.5)
Arizona/ Calvin Pace (7)
Chicago/ Bernard Berrian (7)
New York Giants/ Gibril Wilson (6.5)
San Diego Chargers/ Michael Turner (5.75)
Tennessee Titans/ Antwan Odom (5.9)

The accompanying number is the average salary of the total contract.

As you can see, Wilson's average is lower than quite a few other eligible players. My guess is that Justin Smith marks the end of the top tier, ie. only New England (Samuel), Pittsburgh (Faneca), and Cincinnati (Smith) get 3rd round comp picks.

But Wilson should definitely net the Giants a 4th round comp pick.

Not bad, Ill take another pick that we could possibly package together in a deal for Braylon

Geo
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Remember, compensatory picks cannot be traded. Although the Giants could certainly trade their own 4th round pick, in your scenario.

Kase1
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Remember, compensatory picks cannot be traded. Although the Giants could certainly trade their own 4th round pick, in your scenario.

Yea thats what I meant but good looks though

bigbluedefense
03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I really wanted Jarron Gilbert but now with our recent acquisitions, that won't happen.

So, let's reevaluate our needs.

Dline: set
LBs: set at WILL, set at SAM, need a future MIKE. SAM is overrated. Kehl, Goff, even Chase can fill in nicely at SAM. The real issue is MIKE. We're stuck with Pierce for now but we need a future replacement.
DBs: Set at CB, need a safety to compete with Michael Johnson.

WR: Biggest need.
TE: Set
Oline: Need an LT preferably, also consider a future RT, McKenzie is getting old and we have no viable backup.
RB: set
QB: set

So it seems to me, with the lack of quality safety talent early in the draft, that we should be drafting offense early this time around.

WR is easily our biggest need, followed by oline then safety.

If we stay put, we can nab Nicks/Britt in the first, but we miss out on oline talent with NO's pick.

So my belief is we should be aggressive in this draft. Trade both of our 2nds to move into the early/late 20s in the 1st, and get ourselves a quality WR and LT.

LetsGoGiants!
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
yeah, we could use a backup RT.

Mr. Hero
03-03-2009, 02:50 PM
William Beaty, William Moore and Ramses Barden/Brian Robiskie is a first day that fills all our needs with prospects who are hard workers and have great upside.

BaLLiN
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Or we could just trade up for DHB who could very well be the #1 we're looking for. which only would cost us our 2nd.

Then we use saints second on LG Duke Robinson or RT Phil Loadholt.

Mr. Hero
03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm a huge beatty fan, so you're going to have a tough time convincing me that if he's at our pick there's much of a way he isn't by far the BPA.

LetsGoGiants!
03-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Or we could just trade up for DHB who could very well be the #1 we're looking for. which only would cost us our 2nd.

Then we use saints second on LG Duke Robinson or RT Phil Loadholt.

It would be sick if we could get DHB, he's got incredible speed.

OSUGiants17
03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I say the only position that is a NEED is WR. So I say we either trade up using our 1st round and one of our two 2nd rounder to nab a future WR, or trade our 1st rounder and our 4th(since we got the comp 4th) for a true #1 WR.

Damix
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Just a quick note;

First 3 rounds of the Reese era drafts:
Texas
USC
Penn State

Miami
USC
Michigan

All big football schools. Reese has shown in his short time that in the beginning of the draft he wants players that have played against top competition, not small school sleepers; that he leaves for the end of the draft.

Just something to think about.

LTgiants
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Just a quick note;

First 3 rounds of the Reese era drafts:
Texas
USC
Penn State

Miami
USC
Michigan

All big football schools. Reese has shown in his short time that in the beginning of the draft he wants players that have played against top competition, not small school sleepers; that he leaves for the end of the draft.

Just something to think about.

ya but its not like reese doesnt ever draft small school guys at all during the draft maybe not in the top 3 but he has drafted from smaller schools like brown, western oregon, marshall, and southern miss

LTgiants
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
the giants are bringing in ramses for a vist

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.htm

roscoesdad27
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
1) C. Wells r.b. ohio state
extremely physical r.b. with deceptive speed will keep the 3 headed ruching attck going and really punish some worn out defense in the 4th quarter...will eventually become the clear cut #2 guy behind jacobs and give the giants the most physical pair of backs maybe in nfl history....tremendous value here

2a) E. Britton o.t. arizona
very good o.t. prospect that can play either side...will be the back up o.t. for a year or two before settling in as a well groomed starter....great value here.

2b) R. Barden w.r. cal poly
tall, physical reciever with decent speed...gives the giants the big target that theyve been missing since plax was there.

3) M. Hamlin s.s. clemson
talented safety prospect would form a great young safety duo with phillips

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1533596&posted=1#post1533596

thoughts?

bigbluedefense
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
1) C. Wells r.b. ohio state
extremely physical r.b. with deceptive speed will keep the 3 headed ruching attck going and really punish some worn out defense in the 4th quarter...will eventually become the clear cut #2 guy behind jacobs and give the giants the most physical pair of backs maybe in nfl history....tremendous value here

2a) E. Britton o.t. arizona
very good o.t. prospect that can play either side...will be the back up o.t. for a year or two before settling in as a well groomed starter....great value here.

2b) R. Barden w.r. cal poly
tall, physical reciever with decent speed...gives the giants the big target that theyve been missing since plax was there.

3) M. Hamlin s.s. clemson
talented safety prospect would form a great young safety duo with phillips

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1533596&posted=1#post1533596

thoughts?

I like the Ebbon Britton pick, but do we need an RB that early? Im doubting we make that move because we're so high on Ware and we have Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Drafting RBs early just isn't our MO.

I think its almost certain we're going to make an aggressive move after one of the top WRs in the 1st round. We have 11 picks, and theres no way we have room for 11 rookies on our roster.

Crickett
03-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I like the Ebbon Britton pick, but do we need an RB that early? Im doubting we make that move because we're so high on Ware and we have Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Drafting RBs early just isn't our MO.

I think its almost certain we're going to make an aggressive move after one of the top WRs in the 1st round. We have 11 picks, and theres no way we have room for 11 rookies on our roster.

In his mock, all of the receivers the Giants might take are already off the board and he didn't do trades.

bigbluedefense
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
In his mock, all of the receivers the Giants might take are already off the board and he didn't do trades.

its gonna be hard to mock the Giants this year. i see us making some moves.

BaLLiN
03-07-2009, 12:41 PM
1.(trade away 3rd)Darius Heyward-Bey WR
2a.(trade away 4th) LeSean McCoy RB
2b. Phil Loadholt RT
4.(trade away a 5th)Courtney Greene S
5. A. Q. Shipley C
6. Patrick Turner WR
7. Kevin Huber P

DHB is a starter day 1, McCoy is behind bradshaw but still gets some carries to conserve BJ, Loadholt slowly works himself in midseason over McKenzie, Shipley takes notes from O'Hara in case Ruegamer leaves, Turner has height and fluidity two things that moss and manningham dont have nice competition, Huber can learn under Feagles and serve as KOS.

Geo
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Even if the Giants can pull off moving up five spots or so in the 1st, by giving up only their 3rd round pick, I think there's a very good chance Heyward-Bey will most likely be off the board there too.

BaLLiN
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Even if the Giants can pull off moving up five spots or so in the 1st, by giving up only their 3rd round pick, I think there's a very good chance Heyward-Bey will most likely be off the board there too.

if we dont get bey, we could still get nicks in which case id be just as happy

Malaka
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
DHB, Nicks, and Britt would make me happy. If we get none of those I'd also love Ramses Barden later on.

bigbluedefense
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
DHB scares me. I think he has a lot of potential to bust.

I like Crabtree (obviously), Nicks and Britt the most. I'll be ok with Maclin, although Maclin scares me a little too. Harvin is too much of a project for my liking. And DHB's rawness just scares me.

Since Crabtree is not a realistic option, I want either Nicks or Britt. I think both of them are gonna be special. I love Nicks. Nicks is a beast. I love Britt's potential.

I'll take either one of those guys.

bigbluedefense
03-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Im bored. 3 round mock

1. Hakeem Nicks/Kenny Britt *whichever one falls to us*

2. William Beaty
-I love Beaty's potential. He has great feet, a nice frame that needs to grow, and can be developed slowly. He provides us great depth.

*trade our 2nd and 3rd to move back in the middle of round 2*

2. Jarron Gilbert
-The Giants have proven time and time again they are not afraid to nab dlinemen, especially a guy like this who fits our team like a glove. With this move I can see us cutting Robbins, maybe even Coffield. Clark (the DT) is definitely a goner regardless.

To be honest, I only made the Gilbert pick bc I have a huge man crush on Gilbert. He would beast it in our scheme.

hugegmenfan
03-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Im bored. 3 round mock

2. William Beaty
-I love Beaty's potential. He has great feet, a nice frame that needs to grow, and can be developed slowly. He provides us great depth.

2. Jarron Gilbert
-The Giants have proven time and time again they are not afraid to nab dlinemen, especially a guy like this who fits our team like a glove. With this move I can see us cutting Robbins, maybe even Coffield. Clark (the DT) is definitely a goner regardless.

To be honest, I only made the Gilbert pick bc I have a huge man crush on Gilbert. He would beast it in our scheme.

i like gilbert too- and i think a lot of other teams do as well. he will surely be gone by that pick and i believe he could slip into round 1

bigbluedefense
03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
i like gilbert too- and i think a lot of other teams do as well. he will surely be gone by that pick and i believe he could slip into round 1

He won't be there when we pick again in the 2nd. Thats why I mocked us trading our 2nd and 3rd to move back in the teens of the 2nd round to nab him.

As it stands, most teams have Jerry, Brace, and Hood all rated ahead of him as 4-3 DTs. And most 3-4 teams have Tyson Jackson rated ahead of him. I don't see him going in the 1st round because theres too many guys ranked ahead of him on the board.

I can see a team like the Jets or Broncos going after him in the 2nd at earliest. Thats assuming Tyson Jackson still isn't around, which he very well could be.

D-Unit
03-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Im bored. 3 round mock

2. William Beaty

2. Jarron Gilbert

I don't get the Gilbert pick... You guys still have more needs along the DL?

I love Beatty and I do think you guys will draft him. I can just picture the name on the back of a Giants Jersey.

Here's my mock for you guys:

1st Rnd: Clay Matthews - Not many prospects have climbed the charts the way Matthews has. Experts are talking about him as a first rounder, and I think if that happens, the G-men will be the ones grabbing him. He has legit size and measurables, great bloodlines and hustles like the dickens.

2nd Rnd: William Moore - Phillips and Moore patrolling the deep secondary is a scary thought. Moore's stock has taken a hit, but lately has been inching his way back.

2nd Rnd: Brian Robiskie - B-Rob is another player with great bloodlines, who solidified his status at the combine. He's a smooth player who can make tough catches. I've seen you guys toss Hakeem Nick's name around but Robiskie has a bigger frame with more room to fill out. OSU has a tradition of producing good WRs and Robiskie would've gone much higher if he didn't have Tyrelle Pryor as his QB in his Senior year.

BaLLiN
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM

I love Beatty and I do think you guys will draft him. I can just picture the name on the back of a Giants Jersey.

1st Rnd: Clay Matthews - Not many prospects have climbed the charts the way Matthews has. Experts are talking about him as a first rounder, and I think if that happens, the G-men will be the ones grabbing him. He has legit size and measurables, great bloodlines and hustles like the dickens.

2nd Rnd: William Moore - Phillips and Moore patrolling the deep secondary is a scary thought. Moore's stock has taken a hit, but lately has been inching his way back.

2nd Rnd: Brian Robiskie - B-Rob is another player with great bloodlines, who solidified his status at the combine. He's a smooth player who can make tough catches. I've seen you guys toss Hakeem Nick's name around but Robiskie has a bigger frame with more room to fill out. OSU has a tradition of producing good WRs and Robiskie would've gone much higher if he didn't have Tyrelle Pryor as his QB in his Senior year.

Matthews i dont know much about and i know that clearly we need a WR badly, we need to trade up if we cant get them at our pick. Id take DHB, Nicks, or Britt in that order.

I understand you think DHB is raw but potentially he looks like a plaxico burress on tape plus speed, he's not as tall but he's full and we need a sturdy #1 that has some height.

Beatty i like alot but i have a feeling he'll be gone thats why i usually like seeing Duke Robinson or Phil Loadholt because they are great run blockers and can play two positions we need upgrades at in LG and RT.

Moore has crazy potential, but he doesnt fit our scheme well, he can blitz and cover zone and tackles pretty well, but he cant cover the slot, and is somewhat a liability man to man.

Robskie is a decent #2 type guy, but id rather let manningham try to fill that and draft a #1 type guy.

bigbluedefense
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM

We like stockpiling dlinemen. And Gilbert's talents might be too hard to ignore if he's there for the taking. Plus I love the guy :p We can make room for him. We'd just cut Alford. We're probably cutting 2 DTs anyway.

As for your mock, while I like those players and wouldn't really mind at all if our draft turned out that way, I don't see that happening.

We need a true #1 WR. A guy who will get us a double team every play. Thats what we missed in Burress. And while I love Robiskie, I see him more as a solid #2. We have a ton of those. We need a #1, and the guys I like that could be that are Nicks and Britt.

I think at the very least, both will be "blitz busters" who will eat 1 on 1 on an island. I see the Giants being aggressive in going after a WR early because its clearly our biggest need.

I like Moore, but I don't see us taking him. We just signed CC Brown, who is our poor man's run thumping SS. And I think if anything we'd go after Courtney Greene (who will be a draft steal) later on.

I love Clay, and Id love to have him, but as your mock says, he's a 1st round pick. And Id just be shocked to see us go after anything but a WR in the 1st round this year.

BaLLiN
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Scott just posted a new mock:

1. Hakeem Nicks
2. Max Unger
2. Chase Coffman

i really disliked his explanation for Unger and Coffman, saying that Unger is good at C, G, and T because people have been saying hes a jack of all trades but master of none, whereas Duke Robinson he states could play at G or RT which is exactly what we need.

Coffman was explained as insurance for Kevin Boss, in the second round id think that id be more than insurance, and spending a high pick on a TE isnt what our offense is all about anyway.

scottyboy
03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Scott just posted a new mock:

1. Hakeem Nicks
2. Max Unger
2. Chase Coffman

i really disliked his explanation for Unger and Coffman, saying that Unger is good at C, G, and T because people have been saying hes a jack of all trades but master of none, whereas Duke Robinson he states could play at G or RT which is exactly what we need.

Coffman was explained as insurance for Kevin Boss, in the second round id think that id be more than insurance, and spending a high pick on a TE isnt what our offense is all about anyway.

but a recieving 2nd TE would do WONDERS for our offense. I'd love that pic. Unger i'm ehhh on. and obviously people know my stance on how I think Nicks is terribly over-rated and wont fall to us anyway

bigbluedefense
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
but a recieving 2nd TE would do WONDERS for our offense. I'd love that pic. Unger i'm ehhh on. and obviously people know my stance on how I think Nicks is terribly over-rated and wont fall to us anyway

Hows Hakeem Nicks overrated? I think he's a beast. Part of me wants him more than Kenny Britt. Although I think Britt has more upside.

Either way, if we leave round 1 with either Britt or Nicks, Ill do cartwheels.

As for getting a C early, I like the idea actually. Think about it, Shaun O'Hara is getting old, and we have no credible backup behind him. I mean Reugamer? Really? I wouldn't mind grooming a young C at all.

I know we also will need depth at OT, so obviously thats another position I wouldn't mind early, but seeing us draft a C early wouldn't upset me. We really are in a position to go BPA with every pick other than the obvious WR we'll get with our 1st pick.

Hakeem Nicks really does remind me alot of Anquan Boldin.

Britt reminds me of Plax.

I just really want 1 of those 2 guys.

BaLLiN
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
then what does DHB remind you of, Nicks is similar to Boldin in how he is tough, but his greatest attribute is his handsize and catching ability. Kenny Britt doesnt wow me in any particular way, he's a pretty good player.

But DHB is a potentially great player, his QBs were not so great, his supporting cast isnt either, they run a decent amount to try to set up the pass but when its basically only DHB at reciever they know its coming. He has great speed, and does well on screens (we have been known for being horrible at them) so im not sure we can take advantage of that. But otherwise he gets up to the ball and he showed he has hands too.

I see DHB as that vertical threat, I see Nicks as more of the reliable player (#2) either one id like. Kenny Britt idk what he is, a #1 or a #2, he confuses me

As for Coffman i just dont feel like drafting a round 2 TE when we have some nice young guys there already developing

hugegmenfan
03-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Hows Hakeem Nicks overrated? I think he's a beast. Part of me wants him more than Kenny Britt. Although I think Britt has more upside.

Either way, if we leave round 1 with either Britt or Nicks, Ill do cartwheels.

As for getting a C early, I like the idea actually. Think about it, Shaun O'Hara is getting old, and we have no credible backup behind him. I mean Reugamer? Really? I wouldn't mind grooming a young C at all.

I know we also will need depth at OT, so obviously thats another position I wouldn't mind early, but seeing us draft a C early wouldn't upset me. We really are in a position to go BPA with every pick other than the obvious WR we'll get with our 1st pick.

Hakeem Nicks really does remind me alot of Anquan Boldin.

Britt reminds me of Plax.

I just really want 1 of those 2 guys.

I would much prefer Nicks to Britt actually and from what i have heard, the giants do as well. (via star ledger like 2 weeks ago)

Nicks to me is on a different level than Britt, who would i argue is more of a #2 and Nicks as the dynamic #1

bigbluedefense
03-10-2009, 09:39 AM
DHB's rawness scares me. Is he stupid? Thats what scares me the most with him, along with reports of inconsistent hands. We need smart WRs who run good routes, and DHB while having enormous physical potential, is a little raw for my liking.

Raw WRs have failed for us under Coughlin. The book is out on Manningham, but Moss was a failure in our system. As was Tim Carter.

If I were to make a comparison, Id say he's Donte Stallworth. Maryland boys always scare me too. Their measurables always raise my eyebrows. They gotta be juicing over there.

As for Nicks and Britt, I do like Nicks more than Britt at this point in time because I think he's a better route runner, he's smarter, incredible hands, plays strong and is clutch.

However, I think Britt has more upside. Britt is stronger, faster, and bigger. Britt's hands are just as good, he's just as good at run blocking, and his route running is already pretty good. With some tweaking, I think he could be better than Nicks. He also will be a better field stretcher than Nicks.

So basically, I wouldn't mind either of them. I think both will be studs in their own respective way.

Harvin scares me bc he's raw and he's a Florida WR, Maclin scares me because he's not accustomed to running pro style routes, and you know my stance on DHB. So to me, the safer picks are either Nicks or Britt.

I think both can give us what we need.

Giantsfan1080
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I pretty much feel the same exact way as BBD. The Maryland always put up insane numbers at the combine but a lot of the times you can't even find them on the field. I think Nicks and Britt are 2 very safe choices but I'd take Britt slightly over Nicks. Britt is a great run blocker already and a lot of people are underestimating that in his game. He loves to get dirty run blocking. Britt also had the production since he first put on a uniform and got better every year he played. He's very coachable which Coughlin would love. I'm not sure if Nicks is really "smarter" than Britt. They probably have around the same football IQ even though I've really never seen Nicks speak.

bigbluedefense
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah I just don't trust that Maryland program. Most of their players flop. And every year they have combine killers, but you see those same guys disappear in the NFL.

Don't sleep on Nicks and his run blocking. The guy can block like a beast too, especially if taught under Coughlin. Of course, Britt is better at run blocking, and one of the more underrated losses that came with losing Burress was his run blocking.

So many times I saw Hixon's pathetic ass wiff on blocks downfield, that cost us either breakaway touchdowns or an extra 10 yards. It was pathetic.

One thing that should be mentioned about Nicks and Britt that they bring that DHB, Maclin or Harvin don't bring:

They're blitz busters. Not only does Britt have the ability to stretch the field with his size/speed combination, but he makes a great blitz buster. Thats what made Plax so dangerous. You give him man up on a blitz and its easy pickens. Just throw it in his vicinity and he'll come down with it.

Nicks won't stretch the field as well as Britt would bc while he has similar speed, its not blazing speed and he doesn't have the frame to keep defenses honest the way Britt would, but he's also an incredible blitz buster. You give him a slant on a 3rd down blitz, and he'll eat that CB alive.

I really really hope we get either one of those guys.

Giantsfan1080
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I wonder how Nicks is adjusting to the ball thats already in the air. I've made this comparison before but the way Eli gets erratic at times I know Britt can still come down with it. He had to put up with Teel's half ass throws most of the time so I feel that's another aspect Britt brings to the table.

bigbluedefense
03-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I wonder how Nicks is adjusting to the ball thats already in the air. I've made this comparison before but the way Eli gets erratic at times I know Britt can still come down with it. He had to put up with Teel's half ass throws most of the time so I feel that's another aspect Britt brings to the table.

Oh trust me, Nicks has amazing hands and body balance. Theres this one catch he made, its on youtube, it was ridiculous.

But even other than that catch, the guy knows how to position his body. Both of them will be fine in that regards.

Although you'd prefer Britt in that situation again, only because of his length.

Nicks is also much better at YAC than Britt is. He runs hard.

bigbluedefense
03-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Another guy we should look at as a mid round guy is a guy who D-Unit got me up on, his name is Frantz Joseph.

The guy is exactly what we need at MIKE, he's a beast downhill thumper. Reminds me of Rey Mauluga.

The only issues with him are

1. small school talent
2. 4.85 40

Now I know 4.85 is slow, but he's only a MIKE, so its not the end of the world, and his gamespeed downhill is very fast. His sideline speed feels like a 4.85, but you watch his anticipation and movement in the phonebooth, this guy plays downhill like a 4.5 guy.

Also very good at positioning his body in zone coverage. I like him as a mid round Backer.

Brad
03-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Like everyone else, I definitely feel we need a WR in round one. Wouldn't mind trading up for a better selection with our limited needs. I really just hope we don't end up with always injured Percy Harvin.

Malaka
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Britt reminds me of T.O, minus the attitude.

Nicks, is really good but I don't know who he compares too.

Either way I'd love to have either of them, I think Britt has more potential, but I think Nicks can help us right away next year, if Coughlin lets him.

Brad
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
I have been watching highlights of them both on youtube and I know that it really isn't a fair comparison, but it seems Nicks makes more plays whereas Britt goes down fairly easy after the catch.

BaLLiN
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Nicks = Dwayne Bowe

thats a decently fair comparison maybe im giving nicks too much credit.

D-Unit
03-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Interesting WR debate you guys got going. How come no mention of Robiskie though? It's like he's totally out of the picture. He'd be a steal at either of your second round picks. I've never been a fan of 1st round WRs. I think it's a waste of a valuable draft pick. Especially if you're talking about a WR taken outside of the Top 5. Top 5 WRs are the only exception in my opinion. Anywhere from 5-32 is a waste though. There are better ways to use the pick.

B-Rob has great bloodlines... an important quality to look for that I learned from Parcells. He's nearly as big as Britt standing at 6'3", 209. He's faster than Hicks... 4.46 vs 4.51... Britt ran a 4.50. He ran the cone drill faster than DHB... 4.72 vs 4.80. I hear the points being made that DHB had a bad QB, but B-Rob had Tyrelle Pryor throwing and it doesn't get worse than that. Had he had a passing QB in his Sr year, we'd be talking about a much higher selection. He displayed great hands and smooth running at the combine. I think people are overlooking him. He makes tough catches in the middle of the field.. he takes short passes and makes long gains... he comes up with clutch catches and is a tall threat in the endzone. OSU has a great tradition at producing NFL WRs. Over time with proper development, I can see him being a #1 WR easily. ...and I think he's one of the more NFL ready guys in this class. Others might be more raw and have more upside, but I do think his floor is high and I like this fit with you guys.

You guys should give him more consideration.

Giantsfan1080
03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I really like Robiskie as well this year but he reminds me too much of Steve Smith. We need a compliment to Smith not another guy who is going to play just like him.

Number 10
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Not huge into mocks and what not but this is what I am looking at right now for our first 5 picks barring no trades.

1 - James Laurinaitis - MLB - Ohio State
2 - Phil Loadholt - OT - Oklahoma
2 - Jared Cook - TE - South Carolina
3 - Jonathan Luigs - C - Arkansas
4 - Keenan Lewis - CB - Oregon State

I'll discuss whatever with you guys, I have some sound reasoning for each pick here. Ideally, and this is what I see us doing, we are going to make a significant move with our first and/or second pick(s). But don't only think about this year. I think it would an excellent decision to try and get a future 1st, possibly even more because if 2010 really is going to be an uncapped year and we don't want to get into massive bidding wars, having multiple 1st round picks would be a nice asset. Something to ponder.

Giantsfan1080
03-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I really like the Loadholt and Cook picks but I'm not that big a fan of Laurinaitis in the middle. He does seem like a guy that Reese would be a fan of but he just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather spend a LB pick on a guy with a ton of upside not someone who is going to come in and be an "average" player. Whats your reasoning behind taking him? Also, you really don't think we're going to take a WR with one of our first 4 picks?

Number 10
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I really like the Loadholt and Cook picks but I'm not that big a fan of Laurinaitis in the middle. He does seem like a guy that Reese would be a fan of but he just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather spend a LB pick on a guy with a ton of upside not someone who is going to come in and be an "average" player. Whats your reasoning behind taking him? Also, you really don't think we're going to take a WR with one of our first 4 picks?

I'm heading out now but I have a lot to say regarding the whole WR thing. I've been doing a lot of work on these guys and on top of that, know that I was on the negative side when it came to Laurinaitis for the past few months but since I have gotten to watch 7-8 OSU tapes from this past season, I also have a lot to say about him. I'll be around tonight and I'll pop in and give those thoughts.

Giantsfan1080
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm heading out now but I have a lot to say regarding the whole WR thing. I've been doing a lot of work on these guys and on top of that, know that I was on the negative side when it came to Laurinaitis for the past few months but since I have gotten to watch 7-8 OSU tapes from this past season, I also have a lot to say about him. I'll be around tonight and I'll pop in and give those thoughts.

Sounds good. I'm going to work also so gives me something to look forward to when I get home.

D-Unit
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Not huge into mocks and what not but this is what I am looking at right now for our first 5 picks barring no trades.

1 - James Laurinaitis - MLB - Ohio State
2 - Phil Loadholt - OT - Oklahoma
2 - Jared Cook - TE - South Carolina
3 - Jonathan Luigs - C - Arkansas
4 - Keenan Lewis - CB - Oregon State

I'll discuss whatever with you guys, I have some sound reasoning for each pick here. Ideally, and this is what I see us doing, we are going to make a significant move with our first and/or second pick(s). But don't only think about this year. I think it would an excellent decision to try and get a future 1st, possibly even more because if 2010 really is going to be an uncapped year and we don't want to get into massive bidding wars, having multiple 1st round picks would be a nice asset. Something to ponder.
I think the JL pick is ok seeing as you pick late in Rnd 1. But he does have a cloud of uncertainty surrounding the legitimacy of his NFL abilities.

Interesting that you're still high on Loadholt after all this time. I remember you were a strong advocate for him last year. I still think he can be a Marcus McNeill type in the NFL at LT.

Cook, Luigis and Lewis seem like classic Giants picks. Interesting to see you acknowledge TE as a 2nd rnd need. Every time I bring that up here, I get the "Kevin Boss is so good" comments thrown my way.

LTgiants
03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I think the JL pick is ok seeing as you pick late in Rnd 1. But he does have a cloud of uncertainty surrounding the legitimacy of his NFL abilities.

Interesting that you're still high on Loadholt after all this time. I remember you were a strong advocate for him last year. I still think he can be a Marcus McNeill type in the NFL at LT.

Cook, Luigis and Lewis seem like classic Giants picks. Interesting to see you acknowledge TE as a 2nd rnd need. Every time I bring that up here, I get the "Kevin Boss is so good" comments thrown my way.

Kevin Boss is so good. TE isn't really a big need for the Giants