PDA

View Full Version : The Official G-Men 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

scottyboy
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, I guess someone just jizzed their pants.........

I am still kinda pissed about not getting Braylon.

Nicks>Braylon.

if we were going to sell the farm for Braylon than screw it. If it was a 2nd and late rounder than fine.

scottyboy
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
hes developmental scotty he isnt starting right now he has 2nd round talent we got him at the bottom of the 2nd rd draft we came away with 3 really good picks. Be Happy Giants fans and stop hating cause your mock didnt work out like you wanted.

I'm thrilled with Nicks and Sintim, but what people don't get is Beatty is soft as **** in the run game. and what are we? a power running team. No **** he's a development pick, but he needs to get bigger and much stronger. His best fit is a ZBS, let's just see what we can do. I do think a safety like Johnson or one of the top tier TE's would've been a better pick.

touchdownmaker
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
I can't believe Moore is still out there......and yes Ballin I was expecting a trade up for Rey, and salivating about that chance of Rey dropping to us. Reese is never aggressive in his drafts, not like Accorsi.

scottyboy
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I can't believe Moore is still out there......and yes Ballin I was expecting a trade up for Rey, and salivating about that chance of Rey dropping to us. Reese is never aggressive in his drafts, not like Accorsi.

moore went to the falcons at pick 55...

touchdownmaker
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I just noticed that....oops.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
i agree scotty, but he has a nice frame and is athletic, strength can be helped. My real question is desire, focus, and nastiness for him to fill our requirements.

Im a little skeptical about sintim although i said we'd draft him if he was there at 45. He's like a DE almost, but if he can cover a little better and make the adjustment we'll have a prototypical SAM.

Nicks ive always liked, i put Kenny ahead of him because i liked a taller reciever, but i still felt like Nicks is the better reciever as far as completeness. He may not be better in the long run, but for now i think he can make a quick adjustment.

We very well may land Ramses Barden later

Mr. Hero
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I hate my life, I knoew this would happen. He's so ******* SOFT in the run game, you gotta be kidding me...

I don't know what you're talking about, Beatty's a very big reason why Donald Brown ran for a bazillion yards.

Geo
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not crazy about Hakeem Nicks, but I really like what the Giants did in the 2nd round.

I don't know where Clint Sintim plays exactly but that's a guy I want on my team, and obviously adds another passrusher.

Beatty needs development, but in a year or two could be a starting left tackle.

LTgiants
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not crazy about Hakeem Nicks, but I really like what the Giants did in the 2nd round.

I don't know where Clint Sintim plays exactly but that's a guy I want on my team. And Beatty needs development, but in a year or two could be a starting left tackle.

sintim is a sam

scottyboy
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, Beatty's a very big reason why Donald Brown ran for a bazillion yards.

playing teams like Cincy, WVU, USF etc are reasons he ran for that much.

I LOVE Beatty's potential and upside and pass protection.

I hate his lack of strength and run blocking skill. He also didn't go against top DL competition. and yes, as a huge BE supporter to make Rutgers look better, I am serious.

Forenci
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Woo! I absolutely love our draft thus far. I go to UConn, so I am obviously exceptionally happy about us getting Beatty on the Giants.

The Sintim pick was great, a lot of people had us taking him in the first early in the mocks. I think once he gets use to the 4-3 he will fit in perfectly and I could see us using him early in third down situations when we want to send our linebackers after the QB.

Also LOVE Nicks. I really think he has a chance to be a huge playmaker on this team. He is a guy who will grab the ball and get yards after the catch which is something I feel like we've lacked for a while.

One thing about Beatty, and I had a chance to see him a TON having been to UConn games in person and seen every game on TV, he is not 'soft' like Scotty has made him out to be. Sometimes he won't knock a guy down but he is a good run blocker and was opening huge holes for Donald Brown on his way to being the NCAA's leading rusher and a first round pick.

Plus he should allow us to move Diehl inside at some point which be nice, due to the fact that Beatty is a terrific pass protector. I don't know about you guys, but I'll take a superb pass protector at LT over a guy who is a solid pass protector and a great run blocker any day of the week.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Even though you guys already know it, I figured I'd let it be known i think you guys put together a sick first day. I really liked Nicks a lot, and Sintim was one of my favorite LB prospects. Beatty is a great pick as well. You got good value at the biggest positions of need. I think you guys have a solid A Grade so far for the first day. I think the Giants and the Eagles so far have had two of the best drafts up to this point, closely up there with the Raiders;).

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
sintim is a sam

If it weren't for Gocong emerging in the later half of last season and the playoffs, I probably would've wanted him big time for the Eagles to be a SAM.

Geo
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
sintim is a sam
Ideally. He's got some work to do though, to get there.

LTgiants
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Ideally. He's got some work to do though, to get there.

well that is the position he is gonna play and work in and learn tc or reese i cant remember which has already said it.

Geo
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
All I know is that is a guy I would love to have on my team, and can play on my defense on third downs which is the most important down.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM
question is, where do we go from here? we have 7 picks left and most of them wont have a roster spot

Giantsfan1080
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
question is, where do we go from here? we have 7 picks left and most of them wont have a roster spot

TE and S tomorrow possibly. I like Boss a lot but it wouldnt hurt to get a guy like Cook, Coffman, Casey or so on to pair with him. I think Bruton from ND would be a very nice pick for us as well ith our 2nd third rounder or later.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
TE and S tomorrow possibly. I like Boss a lot but it wouldnt hurt to get a guy like Cook, Coffman, Casey or so on to pair with him. I think Bruton from ND would be a very nice pick for us as well ith our 2nd third rounder or later.

Coincidentally, I would like those guys as well for the Eagles, especially Coffman.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Love all our picks.

So far, the Giants, Eagles, Packers, and Bengals had the best drafts.

I love the big uglies, so I'll throw a shout out to Jacksonville.

But you gotta love what we did. Nicks is better than Britt. I know Britt gets a lot of love, and as a diehard Rutgers fan, I obviously love Britt. But Nicks was my 2nd rated WR in the entire draft. I love Nicks. We stole him.

We stole Sintim too. Although he has ALOT of work before he's our starting SAM. But for now, he's at the very least a 4th DE in our rotation. Not bad huh? Our pass rush is almost too deep. It should be illegal to be that deep.

And Beatty, I was skeptical at first, but after throwing on more tape of the guy, I'm a fan. I love his potential. He's got a nasty streak to him, he just doesn't have the strength to back it up yet. But just watch. Give him a year to get his strength up, and we got a steal at the end of the 2nd round. I don't see how he's so much different from the overglorified Jason Smith of this draft. Both have incredible athleticism, great frames, great pass protection, and need to get stronger.

Now we have 2 high quality swing tackle backups in Beatty and Whimper. Our OT depth for at least this coming year is solidified. Now I'm thinking backup C in the next couple of rounds.

The Eagles still scare me. They had an incredible draft too. Esp if you factor in Jason Peters as part of the equation.

The Giants and Eagles definitely came out as the big winners of day 1 to me.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Btw guys, Jarron Gilbert is still there for the taking...

...i'm just sayin...;)

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Love all our picks.

So far, the Giants, Eagles, Packers, and Bengals had the best drafts.

I love the big uglies, so I'll throw a shout out to Jacksonville.

But you gotta love what we did. Nicks is better than Britt. I know Britt gets a lot of love, and as a diehard Rutgers fan, I obviously love Britt. But Nicks was my 2nd rated WR in the entire draft. I love Nicks. We stole him.

We stole Sintim too. Although he has ALOT of work before he's our starting SAM. But for now, he's at the very least a 4th DE in our rotation. Not bad huh? Our pass rush is almost too deep. It should be illegal to be that deep.

And Beatty, I was skeptical at first, but after throwing on more tape of the guy, I'm a fan. I love his potential. He's got a nasty streak to him, he just doesn't have the strength to back it up yet. But just watch. Give him a year to get his strength up, and we got a steal at the end of the 2nd round. I don't see how he's so much different from the overglorified Jason Smith of this draft. Both have incredible athleticism, great frames, great pass protection, and need to get stronger.

Now we have 2 high quality swing tackle backups in Beatty and Whimper. Our OT depth for at least this coming year is solidified. Now I'm thinking backup C in the next couple of rounds.

The Eagles still scare me. They had an incredible draft too. Esp if you factor in Jason Peters as part of the equation.

The Giants and Eagles definitely came out as the big winners of day 1 to me.

Well said, I honestly agree with all of this, and as I've said, you guys got yoursleves a very, very good draft so far I'd say there are 6-8 teams who would get an "A" for the first day, and you named some of them. I think if the Ravens and Skins had another solid pick they'd be up there with top first days as well, simply because of Orakpo and Oher being such steals.

Nicks wasn't a huge steal, but he was good value. I think Sintim was great value as well, and Beatty is great value. The Giants continue to put together very solid drafts...

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Btw guys, Jarron Gilbert is still there for the taking...

...i'm just sayin...;)

Is DT that big of a need for you guys? I didn't think it was after you got (...brain fade...) from Seattle in FA? I just thought it was more like another rotational guy, but then again, it is the thrid round now, so yeah, I could see it. Personally, the DT I like is Roy Miller, Ive been riding his jock since November...

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
You know, lets say we dont get another WR.

Shawn Nelson would be a great factor split out wide, i dont have a problem with that.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Is DT that big of a need for you guys? I didn't think it was after you got (...brain fade...) from Seattle in FA? I just thought it was more like another rotational guy, but then again, it is the thrid round now, so yeah, I could see it. Personally, the DT I like is Roy Miller, Ive been riding his jock since November...

NT is our need IMO, we do however need to draft one, Robbins and Coefield could both be gone and even if Coefield comes back his knees arent great. Leaves us with Canty, Bernard, Alford as our 3 DTs, none of them can stop the run in the middle. Terrance Taylor is my man to fill that need.

If TE we dont consider, Ramses Barden would be fine by me, i feel like he is going to be special.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
NT is our need IMO, we do however need to draft one, Robbins and Coefield could both be gone and even if Coefield comes back his knees arent great. Leaves us with Canty, Bernard, Alford as our 3 DTs, none of them can stop the run in the middle. Terrance Taylor is my man to fill that need.

If TE we dont consider, Ramses Barden would be fine by me, i feel like he is going to be special.

The thing I like about Miller, in the defensive schemes we run, he can be a UT or NT, though he is best sutied as a UT IMO, due to his quick gap penetrating capabilities. I've been riding him so long, and when i saw Kiper was high on him I felt validated. I think Miller would fit well in either of our defenses, though obviously I'd prefer him in Philly;).

We wouldn't be able to have these conversations if our teams had bad drafts. We'd be in ****** moods and wouldn't get along too well, but since we both had gaad first days, we can actually get along well, haha.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
The thing I like about Miller, in the defensive schemes we run, he can be a UT or NT, though he is best sutied as a UT IMO, due to his quick gap penetrating capabilities. I've been riding him so long, and when i saw Kiper was high on him I felt validated. I think Miller would fit well in either of our defenses, though obviously I'd prefer him in Philly;).

We wouldn't be able to have these conversations if our teams had bad drafts. We'd be in ****** moods and wouldn't get along too well, but since we both had gaad first days, we can actually get along well, haha.

lol yeah.

I told my friend about 2 months ago that the eagles would take LeSean McCoy in the second and he said he didnt want him, he wanted Brown. But honestly i think McCoy fits your offense amazingly, he compares to Portis, and with the big OL around him he wont have to do it all by himself like he had to do at Pitt.

Mr. Hero
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I love our first day, if we get a shot at Ramses barden or Chip vaugh in the third that'd be great, as barden could slowly be polished into the fitz to Nicks' Boldin and Vaughn is a great in the box safety.

And I've been an AQ Shipley fan for a while now so I still want us to draft him at some point on day two to groom behind O'Hara.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:55 PM
lol yeah.

I told my friend about 2 months ago that the eagles would take LeSean McCoy in the second and he said he didnt want him, he wanted Brown. But honestly i think McCoy fits your offense amazingly, he compares to Portis, and with the big OL around him he wont have to do it all by himself like he had to do at Pitt.

Honestly, I had Brown just slightly ahead of McCoy as well, but I think we got great value, considering Brown was taken almost a full round ahead of him, and they are almost the same, in terms of Calibur of Player. I think McCoy's potential is sky high though, but Brown was more of a solid guy who may not be a superstar, but could be a very good Rb for a very long time. I don't really like Indy's pick in him, even though Addai has been iffy.

I've had to tell people similar things as well. I've told my friends that we won't draft Pettigrew or Wells, simply because they don't fit the WCO nearly as well as other prospects, but they didn't believe me...until today that is:D.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 11:05 PM
But back to the giants draft.

1. Nicks- a bit of a reach, like the pick, hard to pass on Britt, but the youth and football IQ he has IMO is great. He can handle his body well, catch apart from his body, and can take hits, isnt fragile. YAC is what makes me accept him over Britt. Britt never did much after the catch unless it was in a straight line. Nicks has sense to try to run around people using quickness and body fakes. Deceptive speed.

Compares to: Dwayne Bowe. Dont give me this Anquan bullshiz, he is not as big and doesnt have the same game. Boldin is more athlete, Nicks is more reciever. Dwayne and Hakeem are very very similar and id be very happy with a Dwayne Bowe.

2. Clint Sintim- like the guy, but felt like he was more DE than OLB, he is better off than Kiwi at LB even now, and it will really help us having Kiwi full time as DE. Not great in coverage but Boley is great in coverage, compensates.

Compares to: Kamerion Wimbley, except a much better run defender, and has more experience in coverage. We'll see about this, taking this guy who isnt necessarily a great fit for us but more hybrid (not bad) brings more to the table as a blitzer than any LB on our Team IMO, are we trying to find LT?

2b. William Beatty- excellent frame, nice footwork and athleticism, horrible technique other than the feet, will take time to get strength and solidify better technique, but a great LT prospect, especially at #60 in a poor draft.

Compares to: Duane Brown. thats pretty consensus, but his frame will allow him to gain more strength, become a more dominant run blocker. look what steve slaton did with the texas with Brown there?

My grade: B+/A- we got good value, positionwise right but they may not fit the scheme well or what fans think we're looking for. We still need a taller recieving threat to take advantage of small DBs in our division.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Honestly, I had Brown just slightly ahead of McCoy as well, but I think we got great value, considering Brown was taken almost a full round ahead of him, and they are almost the same, in terms of Calibur of Player. I think McCoy's potential is sky high though, but Brown was more of a solid guy who may not be a superstar, but could be a very good Rb for a very long time. I don't really like Indy's pick in him, even though Addai has been iffy.

I've had to tell people similar things as well. I've told my friends that we won't draft Pettigrew or Wells, simply because they don't fit the WCO nearly as well as other prospects, but they didn't believe me...until today that is:D.

i agree, and felt Brown maxed out potential, McCoy is younger and has much higher roof. People compared him to reggie bush, but McCoy is a tougher inside runner, and that is Bush's flaw that doesnt allow him to play full time.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
i agree, and felt Brown maxed out potential, McCoy is younger and has much higher roof. People compared him to reggie bush, but McCoy is a tougher inside runner, and that is Bush's flaw that doesnt allow him to play full time.

I've heard that comparison, but don't really like it. McCoy is surprisingly similar to Westbrook though. Actually, if you found a mix of Bush and Westbrook, McCoy might just be that. I like the effort McCoy puts in for pass protection as well. He's tougher to get past than a lot of people realize from what I've seen.

D-Unit
04-26-2009, 01:09 AM
scotty boy... for Britt to go 1 pick after must sting... but I think Nicks is better. Way better hands. Very good possession receiver. Don't like his speed or route running ,but he knew how to get separation in college. Will be interested to see if he can get by in the NFL.

Wasn't too upset to see you guys get Nicks as much as I was upset that you got Sintim and Beatty.

All in all.... Awesome draft. Loved the way you guys just attacked it and got the guys you wanted. Jerry has pissed me off. Rather than attack the draft, he sat there and just waited for chips to fall and that pisses me off. Totally hate that strategy. You can't let the draft come to you. You have to be aggressive and get the guys you like. We have 12 Day 2 picks now... WTF...????

Mr. Hero
04-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Here's what I'm hoping to see today from the Gmen
*Trade, third round pick (91) and our fifth round pick to move up in the third for Chip Vaughn. As a great run stuffing in the box safety with good instincts and quickness Vaughn is a great contrast to Michael Johnson in the battle for the second safety spot.
3rd round comp pick - Ramses Barden, WR (slowly developed as the eventually deep threat to compliment Smith and Nicks working the short to intermediate passing game)
4th round pick - AQ Shipley, C (really smart technician will be groomed behind O'Hara before taking over as our Pivot)
5th round pick - Ian Johnson, RB (another ward clone for us to polish)
6th round pick - Graham Gano, K (**** Tynes)
7th round pick - w/e

scottyboy
04-26-2009, 07:46 AM
I want:
-Ingram/Coffman/Casey
-Antoine Caldwell
-Courtney Greene
-Jeremiah Johnson

in that order in the draft

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 08:19 AM
i dont really like ingram or casey, coffman is alright, but Nelson is the only one i see with potential to get alot better. Greene might be able to be had in the 4th.

Heres my mock after the three picks

1. Hakeem Nicks
2a. Clint Sintim
2b. William Beatty

3a. Duke Robinson- offers versatility and is solid in the run game, two things we're known for.

3b. Ramses Barden- yes he may be more of a physical freak than a polished reciever, we might have to trade up for him and a 5th would be my guess. he did well against top competition in the few times he had it. Big sleeper, and will fill our #1 void if developed.

4. (trade away 6th) Courtney Greene- he fits our system well, we probably will have to go out and get him. Johnson is good as our starter, i dont doubt him.

5a. Sammie Lee Hill- he might be gone considering he can be a NT, he would be a great run stopper for us and take double teams off our pass rushers. another little toy for a new DC and wauffel.

5b. Ian Johnson- tough guy, tested strong and fast, but is known for vision. reminds me of Derrick Ward but probably will take less time to adjust.

7. Ryan Purvis- tightend isnt being valued very much in this draft, Purvis produced both as a reciever and as a blocker.

Crickett
04-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Compares to: Dwayne Bowe. Dont give me this Anquan bullshiz, he is not as big and doesnt have the same game. Boldin is more athlete, Nicks is more reciever. Dwayne and Hakeem are very very similar and id be very happy with a Dwayne Bowe.

Are you being serious with that? Boldin is more athlete???? wtf

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Are you being serious with that? Boldin is more athlete???? wtf

yeah, hes not a pure WR, hes a TE/WR mix. my word choice might not be right, but hes a specimen (ATHLETE)

Crickett
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
yeah, hes not a pure WR, hes a TE/WR mix. my word choice might not be right, but hes a specimen (ATHLETE)

Thats not true at all. Not even in the slightest. He's the guy people point at and say 40 times mean nothing.

Anquan Boldin is one of the best pure RECEIVERS in the league. And I can not for the life of me figure out how you or anyone else could even think otherwise.

Malaka
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
If we get Gano and Barden, I will jizz in my pants at this masterpiece that Jerry Reese has created. Although, I liked Britt better than Nicks, Nicks is still a great prospect and I think he can be a very good receiver in the league, and is a much "safer" pick than Britt. Sintim, would be a very good SAM in Spags system, so does that mean Sheridan is more or less keeping a very similar defense to Spags's? Beatty is excellent value and is a great project to slowly develop and then move Diehl in to his more natural spot at guard where I think he can be an All-Pro, while placing Beatty at LT.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 10:25 AM
BARDENNNN!!!!! HOLY **** YESSS. This is an A draft, thank you jerry reese. OH MY GOD THIS IS SICK NASTY

Forenci
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Love the Barden pick. The guy has MASSIVE size and soft hands. He's not very athletic like Plaxico, but he will give us a big target to work with hopefully.

Bigger than Plax, which is scary.

DI
04-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Ramses Motha F*&kin Barden!!!

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 10:30 AM
i dont really like ingram or casey, coffman is alright, but Nelson is the only one i see with potential to get alot better. Greene might be able to be had in the 4th.

Heres my mock after the three picks

1. Hakeem Nicks
2a. Clint Sintim
2b. William Beatty

3a. Duke Robinson- offers versatility and is solid in the run game, two things we're known for.

3b. Ramses Barden- yes he may be more of a physical freak than a polished reciever, we might have to trade up for him and a 5th would be my guess. he did well against top competition in the few times he had it. Big sleeper, and will fill our #1 void if developed.

4. (trade away 6th) Courtney Greene- he fits our system well, we probably will have to go out and get him. Johnson is good as our starter, i dont doubt him.

5a. Sammie Lee Hill- he might be gone considering he can be a NT, he would be a great run stopper for us and take double teams off our pass rushers. another little toy for a new DC and wauffel.

5b. Ian Johnson- tough guy, tested strong and fast, but is known for vision. reminds me of Derrick Ward but probably will take less time to adjust.

7. Ryan Purvis- tightend isnt being valued very much in this draft, Purvis produced both as a reciever and as a blocker.

OH MY GOD LOL

OSUGiants17
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
I love what we have done so far

Malaka
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM
The NFL Draft should just be renamed Jerry Reese's NFL Draft, someone in the draft forum said that! QFT!

Jerry Reese is a god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
there are TE's still left on board, not sure id take one now though, we picked two good recievers.

i think safety can wait, with whats left on board at guard (duke robinson) he'd be my best pick there. Terrance Taylor wouldnt be so bad either.

anywhere we go now is BPA IMO, safety isnt a glaring need, we have 3 players with NFL starting experience. DT isnt a need really, but it would help our pass rushers out alot with a big guy clogging the middle. RB is a complete insurance pick and only has the chance of being used on ST or being strictly a 3rd or 4th back. TE isnt needed, Boss is fine, Matthews is a good blocker, we dont use TEs that much. Interior OL is depth. ILB is a possibility but we drafted a guy last year and although he had an injury that might not allow him to be how he was, we havent seen what he can do yet.

A suprise pick would be CB or DE, still wouldnt be that suprised honestly. our FO knows what we're doing

Forenci
04-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Interesting pick in Beckum. I liked Nelson and Ingram a bit more, but I remember watching Beckum a year or two ago and he was fantastic working out of the slot, and getting up field. Could be a nice compliment to Boss.

Besides, I'm sure as hell not going to question Mike Pope. Dude knows his tight ends and how to develop them.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Interesting pick in Beckum. I liked Nelson and Ingram a bit more, but I remember watching Beckum a year or two ago and he was fantastic working out of the slot, and getting up field. Could be a nice compliment to Boss.

Besides, I'm sure as hell not going to question Mike Pope. Dude knows his tight ends and how to develop them.

ugh, wanted duke robinson, hope we trade up for him. Beckum a year or two ago was going to be a top 20 pick, he had injuries and honestly none of his QBs were great or supporting recieving cast. We'll see how this goes.

The redskins last year drafted 3 recievers, this is scary, i dont want to be like the skins lol

CC.SD
04-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Howdy folks

I don't know what to tell you, except Giants are now my #2 team. Ramses Barden IS going to be a special player and you guys are very lucky to have him.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 11:40 AM
the travis beckum pick makes more sense now, Reese says he's a Hback guy whom will help in the winds and cold of giants stadium. Now, if we dont try to take Duke if he's close to us ill cry, Duke or Terrance taylor

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 11:43 AM
and beckum also did this at wisconsin with bad qbs, and horrible supporting recievers, maybe in WORSE conditions. That makes sense to pick him over Ingram or Nelson who dont play in that kind of weather.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM
we picked andre brown, eh its alright, still want duke robinson or terrance taylor

OSUGiants17
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
We should have taken Duke over Brown

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
We should have taken Duke over Brown

we could trade up from the saints 5th, just needs to last like 10 more picks, please god.

LTgiants
04-26-2009, 12:58 PM
sry ballin taylor is gone

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
sry ballin taylor is gone

its ok, duke is still there, courtney greene would be fine with me, and scotty would probably be ejaculating

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Reese is doing an awesome job as always so far. I really wanted Britt over Nicks but I still like the pick. I've been pretty high on Sintim for a while so I was very pleased with him and Barden. Beckum can work with Pope and work out the wrinkles in his game.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 01:24 PM
well if you look at it this way we wouldnt have been able to get a guy who could step in right away besides nicks or robiskie, Britt doesnt seem like that, Both Britt and Barden need time to develop, we got a better physical specimen.

Hakeem Nicks - Dwayne Bowe
Clint Sintim - Kamerion Wimbley
William Beatty - Duane Brown
Ramses Barden - Marques Colston/Keyshawn Johnson?
Andre Brown - Michael Pittman?

hugegmenfan
04-26-2009, 01:37 PM
apparently duke robinson's stock around the nfl had taken a big tumble, which should explain why he is still on the board

I love this Giants draft personally
Beckum is a fast player who can help us immediately and Andre Brown is a great pass catcher out of the backfield, which is what we need from the hb position

What did the Gmen do with their 91st pick, i missed that...

LTgiants
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
apparently duke robinson's stock around the nfl had taken a big tumble, which should explain why he is still on the board

I love this Giants draft personally
Beckum is a fast player who can help us immediately and Andre Brown is a great pass catcher out of the backfield, which is what we need from the hb position

What did the Gmen do with their 91st pick, i missed that...

they traded up for ramses

OSUGiants17
04-26-2009, 01:46 PM
take Duke NOW!

OSUGiants17
04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Rhett ****** Bomar over Duke?

Crickett
04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
They must not like Duke. I'm not a fan of that pick. Yeah, its a value pick, but so was Andre Woodson. Now that the Giants have drafted a QB late with a big arm like Bomar has, I have to wonder about the long term future of David Carr as a New York Giant.

thetedginnshow
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
On paper your draft looks terrific so far.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
They must not like Duke. I'm not a fan of that pick. Yeah, its a value pick, but so was Andre Woodson. Now that the Giants have drafted a QB late with a big arm like Bomar has, I have to wonder about the long term future of David Carr as a New York Giant.

he's gotten better, alot better, so he'll bolt as a FA next season, which would leave us with Andre Smith as a backup, but still, what are we going to do with 4 QBs? If Carr shows something in preseason maybe we can get something for him?

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
I think Britt can step in right away and do just as well as Nicks. He's played a full 3 years in college. As for Bomar we'll probably be getting rid of Woodson. They will battle it out for the 3rd QB spot in training camp. I would have liked a different position there but Bomar has a nice upside to gamble on.

Crickett
04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
he's gotten better, alot better, so he'll bolt as a FA next season, which would leave us with Andre Smith as a backup, but still, what are we going to do with 4 QBs? If Carr shows something in preseason maybe we can get something for him?

I have not seen anything that that indicates to me that he plans to leave or even wants to leave. He was a QB that got crushed behind the Texans OL and could not re-invent himself in Carolina. He is much better than he was, but I think he is happy being a backup for the Giants making his one million dollars a year.

As far as Woodson, practice squad? :confused:

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 02:23 PM
well carr only has 1 year left on his contract, and Britt catches with his body too much, even Barden catches away from his body and he's a third rounder almost with the same skillset

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Woodson was already on the practice squad last year. Britt is light years better than Barden. I love Barden as a developmental guy but time will tell if Britt or Nicks was the better pick. I'm happy with Nicks but wanted Britt.

Mr. Hero
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Howdy folks

I don't know what to tell you, except Giants are now my #2 team. Ramses Barden IS going to be a special player and you guys are very lucky to have him.

Agree, back when I started that ramses Barden thread I want him to be a giant to compliment Nicks, this draft has been a dream come true.

scottyboy
04-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Nicks- very good pick, but obv I wanted Britt. I won't get into it, I'll cry

Sintim-very nice pick. We love this guy, and we love pass rushers. Hopefully he can be our future OLB with Boley.

Beatty- he's growing on me, but again, I think he'd be best off in a ZBS. He needs to get stronger, but he really is a superb pass protector. Luxury/project pick

Barden- awesomeness. Got way too much internetz hype, but still a great pick. You can't coach size, and geez he's ******* 6'6!

Beckum- love it. I can't believe I didn't mention him in my want post earlier with then other TE's. Tough guy who can catch and block. Not the best measureables, but nonetheless, I love it.

Brown- for a while I've said we need a RB and I want one. We got one, and a pretty good one too. I prefer Jeremiah Johnson, but Brown is a very nice pick

Bomar- ???huh? I love Woodson! I mean, Bomar's pretty good with tons of upside and talent but oh well. we'll see. don't hate it, just confused by it

Deandre Wright- I cried because McCourty was picked 3 picks after him, but a small guy who's tough and not afraid to tackle. IMO, future replacement for Dockery

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
everything scott says about wright is negative, except for effort and stuff, sounds like a ST player. Wasted pick?

scottyboy
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
everything scott says about wright is negative, except for effort and stuff, sounds like a ST player. Wasted pick?

hard worker and physical player. even still, drafting a ST'er isn't that bad at all. I'm not upset over it. except he could ******* be McCourty!!!!!!! Damn, McCourty would be a perfect replacement for Dockery too

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 04:41 PM
i wanted courtney greene :(

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Don't forget we really don't have room for all the guys we are drafting. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Wright isn't on this team come September.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
is this guy a S or CB?

LTgiants
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
is this guy a S or CB?

hes a cb not a s

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
hes a cb not a s

it says he played S in the beginning of his career, and he runs a 4.6ish

LTgiants
04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
it says he played S in the beginning of his career, and he runs a 4.6ish

hes weighs like 195 he isnt big enough to play safety in the nfl. He is a depth corner with return skills.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
seems like a high character guy. Interestingly he was put on the Jim Thorpe watch list, but he had two bad shoulder injuries which prevented him from full potential.

LTgiants
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
i am buying a stoney woodson jersey

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 05:58 PM
I bet you right now Woodson and Wright don't even make the team.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
mm, theres a possibilty one does, the chances both do are probably nothing. we have 6 CBs two that are scrubbish in travonti johnson and Rashad Barksdale.

we have 4 S one that i dont know, and CC is injury plagued. If they make the team its as a safety. and god damn it courtney greene got drafted by the seahawks

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 06:15 PM
why couldnt we have taken gano?

scottyboy
04-26-2009, 06:41 PM
why couldnt we have taken gano?

because as all we fans hate Tynes, his 4(I believe) remaining years on his contract make him our problem and we're not gonna cut him because of it.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
true, overall i liked all our picks up until the 5th

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
I really wanted Greene in the 7th. He would have had a better shot to make the team than Woodson IMO. Looks like I'll be keeping an eye out on the Titans and Seahawks a little more this year haha.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 06:55 PM
we take Duke Robinson instead of Bomar, and then if we really needed a QB we couldve probably landed bomar in the 6th or another development, Curtis Taylor and Courtney Greene seems better then either of our CB/S tweeners

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
we take Duke Robinson instead of Bomar, and then if we really needed a QB we couldve probably landed bomar in the 6th or another development, Curtis Taylor and Courtney Greene seems better then either of our CB/S tweeners

I think the reason we passed on Robinson is because he doesn't pull very well. We love guards than can pull in either direction and Robinson doesn't really fit that bill at all.

BaLLiN
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I think the reason we passed on Robinson is because he doesn't pull very well. We love guards than can pull in either direction and Robinson doesn't really fit that bill at all.

yeah but he could play RT!!! :(

Mr. Hero
04-26-2009, 07:24 PM
No he couldn't.

herniateddisc
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Great draft guys.

You and Philly are clearly going in the right direction.

Mr. Hero
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Great draft guys.

You and Philly are clearly going in the right direction.

not that making the playoffs last season is any indication of that. :p

Anyways we've signed Maurice Evans and Otis Wiley. I like evans as a guy to challenge Tollefson to try and get that 4th DE spot. Last season he looked like a first day pick, this season, not so much. But the potential is there I'd like to think Wauffle is able to turn him into a good rotational pass rusher.

herniateddisc
04-26-2009, 10:22 PM
not that making the playoffs last season is any indication of that.

Past results are not indicative of future results.

Seriously, Reese is really really good and I hate the Giants.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2009, 12:57 AM
haha...Woodson more than likely isnt making your team but, I sure am proud. Like i said in the other thread, he's come a long way. The fact that he was drafted is fantastic. Hell of a hard worker...not a starter at SCAR but, he made the most of his opportunties and he had a lot because, the Captain and Carlos Thomas missed all kinds of time. He also filled in at safety nicely as well. Funny that he gets drafted and Carlos Thomas (a former top recruit) and E Cook do not. Once again though, good for Stoney.

BaLLiN
04-27-2009, 06:00 AM
the sad thing about our last two picks are the guy we picked up as RFA's seem to have a better chance to make the team.

Sha'reff Rashad
Otis Wiley

Mr. Hero
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
the sad thing about our last two picks are the guy we picked up as RFA's seem to have a better chance to make the team.

Sha'reff Rashad
Otis Wiley

Am I going crazy or did we sign Maurice Evans, DE, PSU? As for DeAndre Wright, I hope he's healthy. Last summer when I was visiting friends in Taos they were trying to tell me the kid would be a beast as a senior and become a day one pick, injuries took care of that though. Maybe we get another steal due to injury like we did Terrell Thomas last year?

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Can't wait to see Nicks beast it up on that field. A lot of you guys underrate him, he's going to be a beast.

He was my 2nd WR in my big board behind Crabtree.

I don't expect much out of either Sintim or Beatty this year. Beatty is a 2010 guy, he'll have more impact after a year, but hopefully we'll have our LT for the future with this guy. I feel really good about that.

Sintim is way too raw as a 4-3 SAM to just get thrown in there. I rather develop him slowly in that role, while putting him as a pass rusher on 3rd down. I expect us to have him rush on 3rd on the dline in our nickel packages as a rotating DE, and slowly develop his game as a LB in our scheme. He's not ready to start right away. He's another guy who will have a much bigger impact in 2010 than 2009.

I love what Reese is doing. We continue to stay young and dominant, we have great depth everywhere, and we're almost a complete team. With his drafting, we're going to be contenders every year. Gotta love that.

LonghornsLegend
04-27-2009, 11:41 AM
How do you guys see your Rb position shaking out? Does Ware go back to PS or can he beat out Bradshaw? Is Brown more of a guy to fill in when Jacobs leaves, or could he contribute year 1? What about Bradshaw now?

Alot of talented backs, just curious how you guys see it shaping up.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
How do you guys see your Rb position shaking out? Does Ware go back to PS or can he beat out Bradshaw? Is Brown more of a guy to fill in when Jacobs leaves, or could he contribute year 1? What about Bradshaw now?

Alot of talented backs, just curious how you guys see it shaping up.

I think we'll go into the season with 4 backs. At first I was hesitant about Andre Brown, but after seeing more film on this guy, I think we got a keeper.

I don't see us only carrying 3 guys this year, we have too much talent in those backs to let any of them go to the practice squad.

We carried 4 backs last year, with Droughns being the 4th guy, so I can see us doing the same this year. We just have very good quality depth is all.

Jacobs and Bradshaw are still our #1 and #2 respectively. With Jacobs almost definitely getting hurt sometime during the season, my guess is that Andre Brown would leapfrog Ware in playing Jacob's role in our run game.

He's also very capable of playing Bradshaw's role as a 3rd down back in our passing game too, in case Bradshaw gets hurt. I was surprised with how well the guy can run routes, cut, and catch the ball. He's a complete back who can sub in for both our guys in case either of them get hurt.

D-Unit
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Is there room on this board for another Giants fan? I think you guys have locked up the division for the next 3-4 years with this draft.

HAHA. Jerry royally pissed me off this year, but I'm trying to see the bright side of it. A draft comprised of ALL Special Teamers. We'll see how that works out. Gah.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Is there room on this board for another Giants fan? I think you guys have locked up the division for the next 3-4 years with this draft.

HAHA. Jerry royally pissed me off this year, but I'm trying to see the bright side of it. A draft comprised of ALL Special Teamers. We'll see how that works out. Gah.

You're always welcome to join the club D ;) we'd love to have you on board lol.

I'm not trying to get too excited, but I can't emphasize enough how much I loved our draft. This might be his best draft class yet.

Yeah...I don't know what Jerry was doing. If it is any consolation though, you guys had a great draft last year. Depth and quality on the oline and dline will haunt the Cowboys again though.

Giantsfan1080
04-27-2009, 01:03 PM
You're always welcome to join the club D ;) we'd love to have you on board lol.

I'm not trying to get too excited, but I can't emphasize enough how much I loved our draft. This might be his best draft class yet.

Yeah...I don't know what Jerry was doing. If it is any consolation though, you guys had a great draft last year. Depth and quality on the oline and dline will haunt the Cowboys again though.

It's certainly going to be hard to beat his first one but the more I think about this one the more I like it. 3 years under Reese and 3 great drafts just wow. I still would have liked trading for Braylon or taking Britt but Reese still did an excellent job. I had Nicks slightly behind Britt as I've been saying forever. I think Sintim can be starting for us by Game 10 next year. He's another smart LB that can pick up the scheme quicker than some people are realizing IMO especially with Pierce there to help him.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
It's certainly going to be hard to beat his first one but the more I think about this one the more I like it. 3 years under Reese and 3 great drafts just wow. I still would have liked trading for Braylon or taking Britt but Reese still did an excellent job. I had Nicks slightly behind Britt as I've been saying forever. I think Sintim can be starting for us by Game 10 next year. He's another smart LB that can pick up the scheme quicker than some people are realizing IMO especially with Pierce there to help him.

The sooner he can start the better. I just think he's going to need some time learning how to chase backs in man coverage, and understand zones.

He's decent in zone coverage, and he's good at stopping the run standing up, but i want to see better man coverage out of him. regardless, he'll at the very least be a good pass rusher for us this year while he develops his game.

I might be called crazy for saying this, but I firmly believe this: In 3 years, Nicks will establish himself as the best WR from this draft class. You heard it here first.

I think people way underrate his deceptive downfield speed, and the rest of his game is better than any of the other WRs in this draft to begin with. The ONLY knock on his game is his ability down field. And I think people really sleep on his ability to get down field. I really do. I honestly don't see much of a difference between him and Crabtree.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Just a thought. If we ever got a true NT, we could potentially run a 3-4 defense in the future.

I'm not condoning the switch, bc I like the scheme we run right now, but its very possible for a switch with the acquisition of a 3-4 NT.

LE - Chris Canty
NT - ??
RE - Justin Tuck

SOLB - Kiwanuka
SILB - Clint Sintim
WILB - Michael Boley
WOLB - Osi

If for whatever reason, let's say Bill Sheridan bombs as our DC, I wouldn't mind nabbing Wade Phillips if/when they fire him from Dallas and running a 1 gap attacking 3-4.

Or nab one of LeBeau's right hand men and run his scheme with our personnel. Thats thinking way ahead though, and I doubt we'll even need to worry about such a thing.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2009, 01:38 PM
It would be interesting...I'll give you that. The Tuck fit would be a little off...he wouldnt be nearly as dangerous.

Anyway, I love Sintim...nice pick there.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
It would be interesting...I'll give you that. The Tuck fit would be a little off...he wouldnt be nearly as dangerous.

Anyway, I love Sintim...nice pick there.

Yeah, Tuck would lose a bit of fizzle in that scheme. But as a 1 gapper, he could still get after the qb no?

I liked Sintim and English a lot. I felt that the round 2 pass rushers were just as good as the round 1 guys. Sintim, English (believed to be a round 2 guy), Kruger, Barwin, all of those guys to me graded out very similarly to the round 1 guys in Orakpo, Maybin, and Brown (who wound up in round 2).

I think Maybin is going to be a bust, but Orakpo is interesting. I didn't like him all that much, but with Haynesworth eating up so many blockers, he has a chance to shine in Washington.

I didn't like Sintim for us initially because I didn't think we would run that same hybrid role at SAM with Spags gone. But I guess I was wrong. Since we're running that same scheme, he's a great fit for us. We now have 2 high quality OLBs, we just need to replace Pierce's fat ass at MIKE and we're good.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
I wouldnt love him there but, it would still work. The greatest of players can adjust to damn near anything. Take Peppers, even at his size/weight, I think he would dominate in a 3-4 OLB role. The same can be said for Kampman, imo. They're just great players.

Crickett
04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Just a thought. If we ever got a true NT, we could potentially run a 3-4 defense in the future.

I'm not condoning the switch, bc I like the scheme we run right now, but its very possible for a switch with the acquisition of a 3-4 NT.

LE - Chris Canty
NT - ??
RE - Justin Tuck

SOLB - Kiwanuka
SILB - Clint Sintim
WILB - Michael Boley
WOLB - Osi

If for whatever reason, let's say Bill Sheridan bombs as our DC, I wouldn't mind nabbing Wade Phillips if/when they fire him from Dallas and running a 1 gap attacking 3-4.

Or nab one of LeBeau's right hand men and run his scheme with our personnel. Thats thinking way ahead though, and I doubt we'll even need to worry about such a thing.

My thoughts on this.

If Sheidan bombs as the Giants DC with the talent they have........ wow, would he ever get a coordinator job again?

Vince Wilfork is a free agent soon, isn't he? And Eric Mangini doesn't seem to be making a friend out of Shaun Rogers. Whats Marcus Tubbs up to?

Clint Simtin was a 3-4 OLB in college, wasn't he?

Justin Tuck could play 3-4 DE, but I don't think he'd be the force there that he is in the 4-3.

if Osi is 100%, I have no doubt that both he and Kiwanuka could make the switch to 3-4 OLB.

Michael Boley on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

What about Antonio Pierce?

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
My thoughts on this.

If Sheidan bombs as the Giants DC with the talent they have........ wow, would he ever get a coordinator job again?

Vince Wilfork is a free agent soon, isn't he? And Eric Mangini doesn't seem to be making a friend out of Shaun Rogers. Whats Marcus Tubbs up to?

Clint Simtin was a 3-4 OLB in college, wasn't he?

Justin Tuck could play 3-4 DE, but I don't think he'd be the force there that he is in the 4-3.

if Osi is 100%, I have no doubt that both he and Kiwanuka could make the switch to 3-4 OLB.

Michael Boley on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

What about Antonio Pierce?

don't read too much into it. it was just a random thought honestly. Sintim, if he could learn how to play 4-3 SAM, would be capable of playing 3-4 SILB as well.

Boley would need to pack a little muscle on but I think he'd be capable of doing it.

Pierce is just a fat blob who can't play in any scheme at this point in his career.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jonathan Goff replace him.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Sintim is much better suited to play outside but, he can play inside too. This was really the primary reason I liked him more than most. If he fell to Dallas...I wouldnt have minded a selection because, of the versatility.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Sintim is much better suited to play outside but, he can play inside too. This was really the primary reason I liked him more than most. If he fell to Dallas...I wouldnt have minded a selection because, of the versatility.

whats going on with Anthony Spencer? i liked him a lot, he always gave the Giants a lot of problems.

I love Sintim's disruptive nature. He really knows how to play downhill. He's a force downhill. But if he's going to be a consistent SAM for us, we need him to learn how to drop his hips better, and do a better job chasing backs out of the backfield. That will take some time to develop, so I don't expect him to start right away.

I was surprised a 3-4 team didn't pounce on him in round 2. He'd be a beast as a 3-4 SAM rushbacker.

M.O.T.H.
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
whats going on with Anthony Spencer? i liked him a lot, he always gave the Giants a lot of problems.

I love Sintim's disruptive nature. He really knows how to play downhill. He's a force downhill. But if he's going to be a consistent SAM for us, we need him to learn how to drop his hips better, and do a better job chasing backs out of the backfield. That will take some time to develop, so I don't expect him to start right away.

I was surprised a 3-4 team didn't pounce on him in round 2. He'd be a beast as a 3-4 SAM rushbacker.

Spencer is slated to start finally. Ellis may be on the outs after selecting an additional two OLB types in Brandon Williams and Vic Butler. I honestly think Spencer, who is finally healthy as well, is going to be just fine but, if for some reason he faulters, it would seem as though we have covered ourselves with those additional linebackers. I personally really like Brandon Williams myself, and although a reach, you cannot help but be impressed with Victor Butler's outstanding production. Hopefully we can go with some exotic looks this year. I'd love to see our new pass rushers get some quality snaps.

Mr. Hero
04-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Spencer is slated to start finally. Ellis may be on the outs after selecting an additional two OLB types in Brandon Williams and Vic Butler. I honestly think Spencer, who is finally healthy as well, is going to be just fine but, if for some reason he faulters, it would seem as though we have covered ourselves with those additional linebackers. I personally really like Brandon Williams myself, and although a reach, you cannot help but be impressed with Victor Butler's outstanding production. Hopefully we can go with some exotic looks this year. I'd love to see our new pass rushers get some quality snaps.

I really like the depth you guys added to your defensive back 8. I think Jason Williams is going to be a high caliber starter for you guys one day and Brandon Williams And Butler will help keep some pressure off ware and keep him and spencer healthy. If you guys polish these guys right I think you guys could do at LB what we've done at DL.

Woohoo 1000 posts once again, I wonder how many total posts I've had on here, probably nearing 20,000 by now.

NDfootball
04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Pierce is just a fat blob who can't play in any scheme at this point in his career.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jonathan Goff replace him.

What? If you're going by what happened in the playoffs against Westbrook, it's way overblown.

I like Goff too, but Pierce is the leader of our defense. He's a great player, but more importantly he makes the other guys better out there with his ability to read defenses.

As for us being able to switch to 3-4, I think we could do it, but I think most teams could probably make the switch in a season or two. It's not like Tuck and Osi are going to forget how to get at the QB, no matter where you line them up.

hugegmenfan
04-27-2009, 05:42 PM
What? If you're going by what happened in the playoffs against Westbrook, it's way overblown.

I like Goff too, but Pierce is the leader of our defense. He's a great player, but more importantly he makes the other guys better out there with his ability to read defenses.

As for us being able to switch to 3-4, I think we could do it, but I think most teams could probably make the switch in a season or two. It's not like Tuck and Osi are going to forget how to get at the QB, no matter where you line them up.

Yeah I too think that Pierce is important to our team and he commands the middle and simply replacing him with John Goff, who was injured most of last year is ridiculous. Pierce has a solid 2 years left of good football

Mr. Hero
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I think goff can learn to do what pierce does by the end of the year, while providing better run support, and cover skills. If not Goff than I think Kehl will be groomed for that role next offseason when Sintim is ready to get major PT at SLB.

BaLLiN
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
I think goff can learn to do what pierce does by the end of the year, while providing better run support, and cover skills. If not Goff than I think Kehl will be groomed for that role next offseason when Sintim is ready to get major PT at SLB.

two things, i was thinking about a 3-4 look for us, but ultimately dont like the defense. Too much relies on the NT.

Did think about kehl playing MIKE but id like Blackburn to take that role, he's a good player and knows the game better now.

Giantsfan1080
04-28-2009, 12:37 AM
I love what Pierce brings to the table smarts wise but his athletic ability has really fallen off the shelf the last 2 years. At what point does his athletic ability outweigh his smarts? It's great he knows what to do out there but does that make up for a lot of the bad plays we've seen growing out of him. Goff is a super smart LB as well so hopefully Pierce is teaching him everything he knows. I still think Goff can be the Mike in 2 years.

BaLLiN
04-28-2009, 06:14 AM
btw guys we picked up these guys:

DT Dwayne Hendricks, Miami, N.Y. Giants

DB Kenny Ingram, Florida State, N.Y. Giants

DB Vince Anderson, Webber International, N.Y. Giants

DE Alex Field, Virginia, N.Y. Giants

FS Otis Wiley, Michigan State, N.Y. Giants

DE Maurice Evans, Penn State, N.Y. Giants

DB Sha'reff Rashad, Central Florida, N.Y. Giants

adn OC ryan schuman from virginia tech (tryouts)

generally all these guys are big and physical freaks, the safety from florida state is like 6'4'' maybe 6'5''

bigbluedefense
04-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I used to be a big Pierce fan, but let's call it what it is at this point in the game. The man can't stop the run anymore, and he can't defend the pass for his life. So really, at the end of the day, what good is he anymore?

He can't shed blocks, he gets rolled over a lot, he's not fast enough to chase backs who cut past his gap, he can't cover anything, he's just out there. I love his smarts and his leadership, but at this point in his career, he's just done. He's not a good player anymore.

What good is lining guys up right if you're playing 10 on 11?

He costs us more plays than he saves us at this point, and has become a liability. Even if Goff or Blackburn, or even Kehl doesn't line guys up as well as he does, they will make up for it by making many many more plays on the ball. An athletic MIKE would do wonders for this defense, especially since the only LB who really has a huge role in this scheme is the MIKE to begin with.

Its a moot point, bc unless Pierce gets hurt, he's our starting MIKE for at least this coming year, but I really don't want to see him start. I rather throw Goff in there and let him be the future of the position.

Goff can give you everything Pierce already gives us, plus much improved athleticism.

Everyone wants to kill James Butler for what he did in our defense, but ask yourself, what makes Antonio Pierce any different? He was the James Butler of our LB core. Smart, but couldn't offer a thing athletically.

Giantsfan1080
04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I used to be a big Pierce fan, but let's call it what it is at this point in the game. The man can't stop the run anymore, and he can't defend the pass for his life. So really, at the end of the day, what good is he anymore?

He can't shed blocks, he gets rolled over a lot, he's not fast enough to chase backs who cut past his gap, he can't cover anything, he's just out there. I love his smarts and his leadership, but at this point in his career, he's just done. He's not a good player anymore.

What good is lining guys up right if you're playing 10 on 11?

He costs us more plays than he saves us at this point, and has become a liability. Even if Goff or Blackburn, or even Kehl doesn't line guys up as well as he does, they will make up for it by making many many more plays on the ball. An athletic MIKE would do wonders for this defense, especially since the only LB who really has a huge role in this scheme is the MIKE to begin with.

Its a moot point, bc unless Pierce gets hurt, he's our starting MIKE for at least this coming year, but I really don't want to see him start. I rather throw Goff in there and let him be the future of the position.

Goff can give you everything Pierce already gives us, plus much improved athleticism.

Everyone wants to kill James Butler for what he did in our defense, but ask yourself, what makes Antonio Pierce any different? He was the James Butler of our LB core. Smart, but couldn't offer a thing athletically.

Haha everything I just tried to say before but much better. I agree 100%.

bigbluedefense
04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Haha everything I just tried to say before but much better. I agree 100%.

:)

every day i ask myself, why couldn't it be Antonio Pierce who took the bullet to the thigh?

Geo
04-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Hahaha, that's a good one. It's not like he's hard to miss.

Unless you're a runningback.

NDfootball
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
I love that Mo Evans UDFA pickup. He was a beast at Penn St. his sophomore year, but really hurt himself by getting into Joe Pa's doghouse with the marijuana suspension. He had a weak combine too, but picked it up at his pro day, not enough to get drafted I guess.

A little small, but he can get at the QB and would provide us with even more depth if he makes the team. Potential steal down the line.

touchdownmaker
04-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Can you guys tell me the difference between Ramseys Barden and Brandon London?

Mr. Hero
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Can you guys tell me the difference between Ramseys Barden and Brandon London?

Better speed, bigger, stronger, better blocker, better deep threat, better hops.

BaLLiN
04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
i think that barden played better competition too

touchdownmaker
04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/04/new_york_giants_nearly_had_dea.html

It appears that Sintim will be yet another DE. I am very confussed by our DL depth chart. Kiwi will be a DE as well.

Maclin would have been nice, but I am please with Hakeem and his 4XL mitts.

Malaka
04-29-2009, 10:27 AM

It appears that Sintim will be yet another DE. I am very confussed by our DL depth chart. Kiwi will be a DE as well.

He'll probably be used as a Hybrid player, he might start 1st and 2nd downs at SAM but be used with his hands down on the third.

He hasn't even got the starting job yet we have no idea how he will be used by see it as this.

I think he wins the job against Kehl and Clark, but his coverage is a weakness, but he is an excellent pass rusher. Kehl has been pretty good in coverage when I saw him play last year, so I would believe Sintim plays 1st and 2nd down and then is used as a situational pass rusher, I doubt we fully convert him to DE, Bill Sheridan has already said he'll be using our old scheme and Clint Sintim is an excellent fit at OLB in that scheme.

D-Unit
04-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Really? Full time? Should be interesting to watch unfold.

LTgiants
04-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Really? Full time? Should be interesting to watch unfold.

if you clicked the link you would have seen that they are talking about on 3rd down and not full time

BaLLiN
04-30-2009, 06:18 AM
if you clicked the link you would have seen that they are talking about on 3rd down and not full time

yeah, but someone earlier said in either this or the discussion thread that sintim would be starting SAM day 1

Number 10
04-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Sintim is a SAM. Not a DE.

He needs a lot of work when it comes to his play in space, thus his initial contribution to the team will most likely come on passing downs. He will have his hand on the dirt occasionally. By no means does that make him a DE.

D-Unit
04-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the wise ass remark. Why would I need to click the link? The impression I got from TDmaker was that it was he thought from reading the article that it was a full time thing, that's why I asked.

It's a good thing I respect most of the other Giants posters enough to know I can still have a civil conversation with division rival fans.

LTgiants
04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the wise ass remark. Why would I need to click the link? The impression I got from TDmaker was that it was he thought from reading the article that it was a full time thing, that's why I asked.

It's a good thing I respect most of the other Giants posters enough to know I can still have a civil conversation with division rival fans.

I am sorry d I just couldn't help it cause its obvious sintim isn't going 2 be a full time de. is that a shot at me at the end there? cause if it is my feelings are hurthttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

BaLLiN
04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
i really think we shouldve used our last pick differently, Stoney Woodson doesnt seem to have any real upside, just is a hard worker.

hugegmenfan
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
i really think we shouldve used our last pick differently, Stoney Woodson doesnt seem to have any real upside, just is a hard worker.

i dont know. we got players like barden, beatty, sintim and beckum who have a ton of potential and upside, why not use a 7th rounder on a guy that will show up, do what is asked of him and do the best he can....- thats really all you can hope for from a 7th rounder truthfully- i do not know much about woodson still and im sure he will not make the team, and probably be a practice squad guy this year...honestly i think thats all you can hope for

BaLLiN
04-30-2009, 04:39 PM
i dont know. we got players like barden, beatty, sintim and beckum who have a ton of potential and upside, why not use a 7th rounder on a guy that will show up, do what is asked of him and do the best he can....- thats really all you can hope for from a 7th rounder truthfully- i do not know much about woodson still and im sure he will not make the team, and probably be a practice squad guy this year...honestly i think thats all you can hope for

very true, thought of that, but i wouldnt want to draft a guy just for that purpose.

BTW we also pulled in Bruce Johnson CB from Miami, wouldnt be surprised if he made the team. Another thing is that id really like to see us try to trade for michael huff, i dont doubt Michael Johnson, but we cant rely on CC Brown to back up both spots. And Huff Fits our defensive style very very nicely

Malaka
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Just some random thoughts...

I hate the fact Tom Coughlin almost never lets rookies start, unless they are needed because of injury, I really think Sintim will win the job at SAM but just won't be given it because he is a rookie, although I do like Kehl...

I like the potential of or LB corp. with Sintim, Kehl and Boley, and hopefully Goff and grow to replace Antonio Pierce.

I do have a question, I know Kehl started at WILL but is he more of a SAM or a WILL OLB? I really don't know because I really like both him and Sintim as our future OLBs.

Also how is our WR starting lineup going to look?
1. Domenik Hixon
2. Hakeem Nicks
3. Steve Smith
4. Mario Manningham?
That's my prediction...

Lastly, how much of an impact do you think Terrell Thomas will make this year, something inside of me tells me he is going to replace Ross as our #2 sometime during the season...

Crickett
04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Also how is our WR starting lineup going to look?
1. Domenik Hixon
2. Hakeem Nicks
3. Steve Smith
4. Mario Manningham?
That's my prediction...

I'd be very worried having Dominick Hixon as the Giants #1. He showed last year after the Seahawks game that he just isn't good enough catching the football or run blocking (I know, it should be an afterthought, but it was noticeable to me) to do it.

Ramses Barden is raw, but getting a 6'6 230 WR right after you've lost 6'5 230 WR who was one of the keys to your offense........ they need to get him involved in the offense as soon as they can. IMO, he should play all four preseason games. Clost to the entire games.

LonghornsLegend
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I'd be very worried having Dominick Hixon as the Giants #1. He showed last year after the Seahawks game that he just isn't good enough catching the football or run blocking (I know, it should be an afterthought, but it was noticeable to me) to do it.

Ramses Barden is raw, but getting a 6'6 230 WR right after you've lost 6'5 230 WR who was one of the keys to your offense........ they need to get him involved in the offense as soon as they can. IMO, he should play all four preseason games. Clost to the entire games.

Traditionally it takes bigger WR's an adjustment period, same story with Hardy, it would be asking alot of him to be a big contributor year 1, and from the sounds of his Senior Bowl reports he just needs to sharpen up on his route running and he could be ready for a limited role at least.

Can't wait to see him in pre-season, he was one of my favorites.

hugegmenfan
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM

Yeah i have to say I am not the biggest optimist concerning Hixon. He dropped so many clutch, perfectly thrown balls downfield from eli last yr that were just heartbreaking haha. He does not have trouble getting open which i think is important because he gets separation on DB, he just needs to step up and make the play--i do think that can be coached, but i do not ever think he can be a great WR in this league...I think our WR should be Nicks + Smith---Smith has to start at WR. Eli has a better bond with him right now than any other Wr on our team. Nicks is naturally more skilled than Hixon so i think he will start from day 1. Hixon would be fine as a slot- a guy that has some speed and can be a deep target and cross the field. I am really curious to what Manningham can do- he did not really get a fair chance last year to exhibit that, but hopefully he can step up. Sinorice Moss is a moron, his brain must be too small to comprehend the playbook

BaLLiN
04-30-2009, 05:40 PM
although i think that Nicks could be starting material i see it like this:

1. Steve Smith
2. Domenik Hixon
3. Nicks/Mannigham

then after that initial setup we'll probably move to a 3 WR set being Hixon at #1 rotating with Barden, Nicks at #2 getting most reps over Mannigham, and Steve Smith cemented in slot but taking some of the #1 and #2 reps if necessary;

dont forget that it was Hixons first year as a pass catcher rather than a ST guy. He could show those flashes more often, my only real concern for him is hard hits, which about ten pounds could help with.

I think we need to make a move whether it be signing rod hood and moving TT to safety or trading for Michael Huff

Mr. Hero
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Traditionally it takes bigger WR's an adjustment period, same story with Hardy, it would be asking alot of him to be a big contributor year 1, and from the sounds of his Senior Bowl reports he just needs to sharpen up on his route running and he could be ready for a limited role at least.

Can't wait to see him in pre-season, he was one of my favorites.

Barden adn Beatty still have me giddy, I don't expect much from Barden or Beatty this year but I think both could be starters next season. I hope the fact that both of our rookie receivers are very good blockers helps get through coughlin's rookie dog house.

As for our receiving core I think we'll probably start the season with Smith and Hixon, Nicks being the third WR with Smith moving into the slot. If Hixon doesn't show progress and step up I think we'll try and work Mario or Nicks, if he looks ready, into that role. I think by the playoffs we'll be starting Smith and Nicks. Kevin Killdrive has been trying to get more and more horizontal in our passing game and I think he'll be happy having two guys who excel doing that as his starters.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I see Sintim being a 3rd down pass rush specialist this year. His impact at SAM will be a year 2 thing. He's not ready to start at SAM this year, he's way too raw.

He will be part of our pass rush rotation though. He won't be a full time DE by any means, but we don't need him to be. He'll be a great rush guy for us, and just make us that much deeper.

This might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if Barden has a bigger impact on our team this year than we anticipate. Because he's so big and strong, he doesn't have to be very polished to make an impact. His sheer size and speed and strength makes him a matchup problem everytime he steps on the field. All he has to learn how to do to make an impact is get off the press, which I think he can do fairly quickly.

He's smart too, and doesn't get enough credit for his speed. Plax was a 4.55 guy, and so is Barden. Barden ran a 4.51 at his pro day. Don't sleep on Barden.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I see Sintim being a 3rd down pass rush specialist this year. His impact at SAM will be a year 2 thing. He's not ready to start at SAM this year, he's way too raw.

He will be part of our pass rush rotation though. He won't be a full time DE by any means, but we don't need him to be. He'll be a great rush guy for us, and just make us that much deeper.

This might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if Barden has a bigger impact on our team this year than we anticipate. Because he's so big and strong, he doesn't have to be very polished to make an impact. His sheer size and speed and strength makes him a matchup problem everytime he steps on the field. All he has to learn how to do to make an impact is get off the press, which I think he can do fairly quickly.

He's smart too, and doesn't get enough credit for his speed. Plax was a 4.55 guy, and so is Barden. Barden ran a 4.51 at his pro day. Don't sleep on Barden.

I see Barden in our goal packages almost immediately. If he has a good Pre-Season he'll be on the time for 15 snaps a game right away I think. He may not be as raw as we think with some good coaching.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I see Barden in our goal packages almost immediately. If he has a good Pre-Season he'll be on the time for 15 snaps a game right away I think. He may not be as raw as we think with some good coaching.

I can definitely see that. Let's hope so at least. The sooner he can contribute, the better off we'll be.

Mr. Hero
05-03-2009, 02:21 PM
I love Barden and think he has more potential than nicks, but I wouldn't expect too much from him as a rook. Bigger receivers have traditionally struggled adapting to the NFL and Barden still has to sharpen up his route-running quite a bit and needs to improve the consistency of his hands. Nothing would make me happier than being the receiver I thought Hardy would be as a rook, but I just don't see it happening.

Forenci
05-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Good point about Barden. He really reminds me of Marques Colston in a lot of ways. Colston has better hands, but Barden is similar in the sense that he's big, not exactly a speedster but has very good athleticism and can go up and grab the ball too.

Plus they both played against lesser competition in college.

BaLLiN
05-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Good point about Barden. He really reminds me of Marques Colston in a lot of ways. Colston has better hands, but Barden is similar in the sense that he's big, not exactly a speedster but has very good athleticism and can go up and grab the ball too.

Plus they both played against lesser competition in college.

saw that comparison a few months ago, i agree. He has the potential to be as good as what Marques Colston was, and maybe more considering that there are a large amount of small corners and average safeties in our division and conference

scottyboy
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
is it bad I still don't trust our WR corp and wouldn't mind seeing us pull a trade for *gulp* ochocinco? I know he's a ******* nutcase, but in all seriousness, he'd put us over the top, and I honestly believe a change of scenery would do him good. getting away from all those felons and all...

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
is it bad I still don't trust our WR corp and wouldn't mind seeing us pull a trade for *gulp* ochocinco? I know he's a ******* nutcase, but in all seriousness, he'd put us over the top, and I honestly believe a change of scenery would do him good. getting away from all those felons and all...

Depends on what your giving up I suppose. He would help us on the field but Coughlin wouldn't put up with one bit of his other antics. I don't see Reese pulling off a trade for him.

BaLLiN
05-03-2009, 09:07 PM

i dont want him on my team, i dont want him to take all the attention and refer to himself in third person nickname. Plus he'd probably put ocho cinco on the back of his uniform.

edit:

i would like to see us sign marvin harrison though.

and trade for MICHAEL HUFF PLEASE

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
i dont want him on my team, i dont want him to take all the attention and refer to himself in third person nickname. Plus he'd probably put ocho cinco on the back of his uniform.

edit:

i would like to see us sign marvin harrison though.

Harrison is finished. I watched him play a lot last year and he is just no where near the player he used to be. I'd rather beg Toomer to come back than get Harrison.

Crickett
05-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Harrison is finished. I watched him play a lot last year and he is just no where near the player he used to be. I'd rather beg Toomer to come back than get Harrison.

Sad but true. I got to see Marvin Harrison play last year and it made me sad.

QFT.

BaLLiN
05-04-2009, 05:53 AM

i agree, but still who else is out there, i doubt toomer will come back, the relationship between NYG and him has been bad since the superbowl.

BaLLiN
05-04-2009, 05:56 AM
on michael huff:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/02/24/safety-challenged/

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2008/02/24/raiders-ss-huff-on-the-trading-block/

theyre old sources

Giantsfan1080
05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
i agree, but still who else is out there, i doubt toomer will come back, the relationship between NYG and him has been bad since the superbowl.

There is no one out there but that doesn't mean we have to sign an old bad football player to just take up room. Get ready to go into battle with the WR's we have now.

bigbluedefense
05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
No Chad. He's definitely not what I want. I'm still open to trading for Edwards, but I doubt it happens.

I'm not in favor of signing an old washed up veteran either, just for the sake of having a veteran. When you're done you're done. Let's give our young guys a chance to grow.

As for Huff, why do you guys want him? What has he done to make you think he's any good? He's been an absolute bust in the NFL.

BaLLiN
05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
No Chad. He's definitely not what I want. I'm still open to trading for Edwards, but I doubt it happens.

I'm not in favor of signing an old washed up veteran either, just for the sake of having a veteran. When you're done you're done. Let's give our young guys a chance to grow.

As for Huff, why do you guys want him? What has he done to make you think he's any good? He's been an absolute bust in the NFL.

he was used absolutely wrong by the raiders, he's a pure FS with the ability to play the slot. They put him over TE's and try to make him a bigger run defender. KP and Huff would be good because KP could be a SS which is probably what he is best at anyway, Huff would be an ideal fit at FS for us.

scottyboy
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
he was used absolutely wrong by the raiders, he's a pure FS with the ability to play the slot. They put him over TE's and try to make him a bigger run defender. KP and Huff would be good because KP could be a SS which is probably what he is best at anyway, Huff would be an ideal fit at FS for us.

but Kenny thrived at FS last year, is a better FS, and Huff will be cut within a year or 2 anyway. doesn't he still have his monster rookie contract too? I love him but still...

BaLLiN
05-04-2009, 07:20 PM
but Kenny thrived at FS last year, is a better FS, and Huff will be cut within a year or 2 anyway. doesn't he still have his monster rookie contract too? I love him but still...

very true :/, im sure we'd be able to resign him if he'd be traded and be in a better environment with a probable backup job at first.

Kenny did do well at FS, but his strength without a doubt was his tackling, he was very good at flat coverage, so im 50/50 about it.

bigbluedefense
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Kenny can play either safety position and be a stud at it. I rather have him at SS bc Michael Johnson is much better suited for FS than SS. Even though I feel Kenny would be even better at FS.

Huff played FS this year for the Raiders. Same result. He's been a disappointment, through and through. He offers nothing in run support, and for such an acclaimed "ballhawk" he hasn't picked the ball off at all.

What difference is there between him and Michael Johnson? At this point, I honestly think Michael Johnson is better than him anyway. He's a better blitzer, provides just as much as a deep safety, and more in run support.

BaLLiN
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
i believe in michael huff!!!!! for a 4th or 5th he is worth a shot.

Giantsfan1080
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
i believe in michael huff!!!!! for a 4th or 5th he is worth a shot.

Go read what I just wrote in the other thread about Huff.

BaLLiN
05-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Go read what I just wrote in the other thread about Huff.

in knew he could possibly be released, but he'll probably sign with someone else bc we only have a 1/31 chance to get him

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/giants.jpg

I present to you the Giants draft class of 2009!!

Barden is freaking huge. Almost as big as Beatty.

BaLLiN
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
beckum looks solid, sintim looks kindof small...

Mr. Hero
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
beckum looks solid, sintim looks kindof small...

Sintim's also standing a little behind Beatty and Nicks.

BaLLiN
05-09-2009, 06:44 PM
just watched all the minicamp interviews, every single player we picked has high character, hakeem nicks seems a little cocky/content but its not a bad thing.

I really like our draft. The two corners at the end now make more sense to me, they seem like high character, working, warriors who could surprise us.

We have a very bright future.

bigbluedefense
05-10-2009, 12:37 PM
i would take minicamp reports with a grain of salt. they almost always have rave reviews about rookies.

you won't know the real deal until the preseason starts. thats the truth.

every team has the same old story: this guy is in the best shape of his life, this guy has been studying film, this guy looks great, this guy is hungry and determined to prove people wrong, etc.

same story every year for every team. don't fall for the hype.

BaLLiN
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
i would take minicamp reports with a grain of salt. they almost always have rave reviews about rookies.

you won't know the real deal until the preseason starts. thats the truth.

every team has the same old story: this guy is in the best shape of his life, this guy has been studying film, this guy looks great, this guy is hungry and determined to prove people wrong, etc.

same story every year for every team. don't fall for the hype.

i wasnt talking about what was said, i was just looking at how they handled themselves, alot of studdering but they all seem like good lockerroom guys.

bigbluedefense
05-10-2009, 01:48 PM
i wasnt talking about what was said, i was just looking at how they handled themselves, alot of studdering but they all seem like good lockerroom guys.

i hope so. i heard beckum has some minor character concerns from scouting reports ive read.

Bomar is a character concern as well. Strong lockerrooms usually fix that though. We have a real strong lockerroom, and any minor issues these guys have will be fixed from the guys.

Our team is pretty unified.

Mr. Hero
05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
i hope so. i heard beckum has some minor character concerns from scouting reports ive read.

Bomar is a character concern as well. Strong lockerrooms usually fix that though. We have a real strong lockerroom, and any minor issues these guys have will be fixed from the guys.

Our team is pretty unified.

I wouldn't really say Bomar has character concerns because he's not really a douche or an egomaniac, he just let his head get a little too big at Oklahoma and took a job that paid him despite him not actually going to work while in college. I mean yes he broke rules and all, but it's not the type of mistake that leads me to character concerns.