PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Eagles Draft

Pages : 1 2 [3]

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think corner is that big of a need at all. I think we will go after one startin gin that 3rd round range, and the latest we get one is the fifth or early sixth, since we really only need a 4th or 5th CB.

Eaglez.Fan
04-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Agreed. Joselio has the nickel locked up for the foreseeable future. I'd be all for drafting some projects in the later rounds, but I think with the money they gave Hanson, they won't take a CB on day one.

brat316
04-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Only place I see the Eagles drafting in the defensive backfield is safety. Hanson is the nickle and Jack Ike, is there for dime. I'm sure they will get some UDFA cbs. But if the Eagles do draft a corner it'll probably be to switch him to safety. I hope they don't draft Davis he screams bust to me, Jenkins would be awesome or Louis Delmas.

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Only place I see the Eagles drafting in the defensive backfield is safety. Hanson is the nickle and Jack Ike, is there for dime. I'm sure they will get some UDFA cbs. But if the Eagles do draft a corner it'll probably be to switch him to safety. I hope they don't draft Davis he screams bust to me, Jenkins would be awesome or Louis Delmas.

We only have 4 CBs on the roster, and we usually carry 5, they will definitely draft a CB. I don't really like Davis either, but there is no way that Jenkins is going to be left when we pick, and Delmas isn't worth any of our first rounders, IMO. If Vontae was the only viable option available (it would take one hell of a going on for that to happen) then I could see the team trading down...

Thumper
04-10-2009, 09:46 PM
We only have 4 CBs on the roster, and we usually carry 5, they will definitely draft a CB. I don't really like Davis either, but there is no way that Jenkins is going to be left when we pick, and Delmas isn't worth any of our first rounders, IMO. If Vontae was the only viable option available (it would take one hell of a going on for that to happen) then I could see the team trading down...

There are 6 corners on the roster.

Sheldon Brown, Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, Trae Williams and Dimitri Patterson.

Trae was a 5th round pick last year and highly productive at USF playing across from Mike Jenkins.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1251

Going into the Bulls' bowl game, Williams has 50 tackles, six interceptions, and 10 pass breakups. In his four-year career, he has 160 tackles, 16 interceptions, and 27 pass breakups.

Excellent cover skills - check. Ball hawk - check. Serious playmaker - check. Speed - check.

brat316
04-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Yeah but this years draft is so weak, guys who aren't worth a first consideration are being consider. With the second first, trade down to the bottom of the first, or top of the second, like with Kolb and take Delmas. If that isn't working take him either way. Thats if the RB problem is taken care of already, and also factoring other situation.

Thumper
04-11-2009, 12:48 PM
You all remember last year when there were talks of a new Draft Trade Value Chart? Yeah well the Eagles were the source, they were putting the fuel into that fire and the other teams knew it and claimed that the Eagles were trying trade up for less last year. Now with limited talent at the top there are teams who are now willing to accept less to move out of the top 10. If Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith falls past #6 I think the Eagles jump all over it.

The #3 pick to get Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith?
http://kan.scout.com/2/855507.html

Take, for example, the Philadelphia Eagles. With two first-round picks and the recent revelation that the team has taken an interest in offensive tackle Eugene Monroe, Chiefs fans have zeroed in on the Eagles as a popular trading partner. Since Monroe will be long gone by the time Philly picks in the late first round, logic would suggest they’re at least considering the idea of moving up.

For the sake of discussion, let’s say the Eagles are interested in the Chiefs’ pick. If you look at the draft value chart, the #3 pick is worth 2,200 points. If you add up the value of the Eagles’ two first rounders (#21 and #28) and their second-round pick (#53), it equals 1,830 points. That’s well short of 2,200.

In other words, to follow the values set by the chart, the Eagles would have to gut their entire draft to move up that high. That’s not going to happen. If Philly – a team with two first-round picks – can’t afford to do it, there’s little chance of anyone outside the top 10 being able to move into the Chiefs’ spot. That drastically reduces KC’s chances of moving down.

But Scott Pioli undoubtedly knows this, which is why you can expect the value chart to be tossed aside.

Going back to our Eagles trade scenario, let’s say that in exchange for the #3 spot, Philly offered the Chiefs both their first-round picks and their third rounder. That deal wouldn’t come remotely close to satisfying the trade chart. But do you really think Pioli would dismiss it for that reason?

That deal would allow the Chiefs to pick up two late first rounders, which – if you recall Mayock’s opinion that players just as good as those in the top 10 will be available around pick #20 – could prove to be better value than the #3 pick itself. The second of those two selections would basically replace the pick the Chiefs traded to New England, and they would add an extra third-round pick in the process. Plus, using one of those first rounders, Pioli could try to trade back again and acquire even more picks.

Such a trade would be blasphemy for those who swear by the value chart. But by making such moves, Pioli could end up landing the Chiefs a glut of extra draft picks, easily coming out ahead in the deal.

The notion of trading with the Eagles is attractive because they hold more than one pick in the first round, but the value chart theory holds true no matter who the other team is. If a team is willing to take less than the chart suggests, it makes them a more attractive trading partner and opens up far more possibilities.

So when you’re daydreaming about possible draft-day trades over the next two weeks, don’t be a slave to the value chart, because Pioli surely won’t be. Of course if the Chiefs are talking about a trade with a division rival like Denver, all bets are off.

cunningham06
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't want us trading up in the first round, but I'm all for it in the second.

Thumper
04-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't want us trading up in the first round, but I'm all for it in the second.

I don't want the Eagles to trade up but I LOVE Eugene Monroe. Quite the conundrum. :/

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2009, 04:41 PM
If the eagles trade into the top 10, I want them targeting Michael Crabtree, not a OT. I'm probably in the minority there though. I really want to see what Todd Herremans can do at LT.

Thumper
04-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Knowshon is a great guy. Very articulate and light hearted. Seems like a great locker room guy and the type of guy who can be the face of a franchise.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hbaY1dllXCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hbaY1dllXCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

makes me laugh every time

TheMolecularMan
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
How would you guys feel if the team took Michael Johnson @ 21?

Go_Eagles77
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I would break my TV.

Sniper
04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I would break my TV.

I would also break GE77's TV, subsequently followed by Andy Reid's face.

Thumper
04-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm not breaking any TVs but at #21 I am not very happy at all. I have faith in Andy Reid but if Johnson isn't bringing some heat from day 1, I will question the decision. If he is there in round 2, I like him.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't want the Eagles to trade up but I LOVE Eugene Monroe. Quite the conundrum. :/

If Monroe was even possible for the Eagles to trade up for without giving up too much, I'd be all for it. He is going to be a premier LT in the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2009, 01:47 PM

I would develop superpowers to go back in time and convince the team otherwise. It's not going to happen though, so no worries.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2009, 01:51 PM
There are 6 corners on the roster.

Sheldon Brown, Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, Trae Williams and Dimitri Patterson.

Trae was a 5th round pick last year and highly productive at USF playing across from Mike Jenkins.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1251

I always forget Trae Williams. Wasn't he signed off of Jacksonville's (or someoen else's) practice squad?

Well we only have 5 guys who have a legitimate shot at making the roster, and another to compete certainly isn't a bad idea.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah but this years draft is so weak, guys who aren't worth a first consideration are being consider. With the second first, trade down to the bottom of the first, or top of the second, like with Kolb and take Delmas. If that isn't working take him either way. Thats if the RB problem is taken care of already, and also factoring other situation.

Safety isn't a big enough need to even use a first or early second on Delmas. Not with what we have at S already. We have 3 starting calibur Safeties, one is an All-Pro, One has been a solid starter and is a good veteran option, and another is a second year player with a ton of upside. It'll just create a logjam at S that we don't necessarily need. It'd be better to address other positions there, like OT, TE, WR, or RB rather than take a safety. All four of those positions are bigger needs and all have question marks bigger than our S situation right now.

The team will need to address depth at S, it isn't a position where we need a starter. Mikell can play either S spot and thrive, and Jones and Demps are battling for their respective starting spts. We have a a former CFL guy as our 4th S right now, but we do need at least another option there for depth, and there are tons of quality S prospect the team can draft that will be available in that 3rd to early 5th round range.

JHG722
04-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Eagles have brought in Temple DT Terrance Knighton

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=854617&nid=3616139&fhn=1

:D :D :D :D :D

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
I like Knighton for the 4th DT, but only if a few guys are gone though. He is a big presence that could complete the DT rotation and gives the DL another big body, so Bunk isn't relied on as much to do so. It could make all of our DTs more effective if we have a real #4 DT.

TheMolecularMan
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm going against the grain here but I think the Eagles must take the best DE available @ 21 whether it's Robert Ayers or Michael Johnson. With the Giants most likely getting Edwards, the Cowboys now employing a 3-headed running attack, we need more able bodies that can help in run defense and pass defense. I'm not sold on Parker (plays half the season and breaks down) or Smith (still a project and in my eyes should move to OLB) and Abiamiri plays inside on passing downs. Howard plays inside on passing downs as well and is 33. It is more of a luxury pick I know but to keep up with the beasts of the east and the rest of the elite in the NFL, we're going to need more
pressure at the QB.

We can address RB and TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds respectively.

What do you guys think?

gameplaya2435
04-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I think we need a capable running back or receiver way before we address the 4th rotational DE spot. I would not draft Micahel Johnson until the 3rd Round, he does not have the drive to be an NFL player.

TheMolecularMan
04-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I think we need a capable running back or receiver way before we address the 4th rotational DE spot. I would not draft Micahel Johnson until the 3rd Round, he does not have the drive to be an NFL player.

Well my thinking is that either Parker will be traded on draft day or cut during TC.
As for Howard, Ayers would be the perfect successor to him and can be groomed in year one until Howard is gone in 2010. Clemons will have a bigger role with Parker no longer on the team. Smith can hopefully contribute this year but I doubt it. I think he's a bust much like the Eagles 3rd round picks in recent years. Ayers can also play inside as well. It all starts up front and we should copy what the Giants are doing so well with their front four.

Sniper
04-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Robert Ayers is the most overrated first round "prospect" available. He should not be sniffing the first round. 3 ************* sacks. 3! That's pitiful! You can find a guy in the 5th-6th round to get 3 sacks. Yes, yes, I know he's TEH ROXORZ against the run, but are you going to really spend your first round pick on a run-stuffing DE? No, that's dumb. The Eagles finished third in the league in sacks, How much more pressure do you want?

eaglesalltheway
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Well my thinking is that either Parker will be traded on draft day or cut during TC.
As for Howard, Ayers would be the perfect successor to him and can be groomed in year one until Howard is gone in 2010. Clemons will have a bigger role with Parker no longer on the team. Smith can hopefully contribute this year but I doubt it. I think he's a bust much like the Eagles 3rd round picks in recent years. Ayers can also play inside as well. It all starts up front and we should copy what the Giants are doing so well with their front four.

I really don't follow your logic on these two posts. Howard isn't the starter, anywhere, so IDK what you mean there. Smith is a RE, if you'd have seen him in TC like I did you'd know that. He is far from a bust. He's a big project, but if you'd have seen him, you would know he is far from a bust. The reason Abiamiri and Howard slide in is on passing downs, and is more for a pass rush, where we still have 3, if not 4 DEs who can still come in and get pressure. We do not need a DE, it is arguably our strongest position.

RE: Cole, Howard, Smith
LE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons.

Not only is that at least a 5 deep DE rotation, there is a ton of money wrapped up there, and invested well. We will not spend big money on another DE. You can quote me on this if you need.

The Eagles will not draft DE round one, not even day one. In fact they are more likely to not draft a DE at all than either of the previous two possibilities.

Also Abiamiri will be a beast;), that is all.

camp_eagles
04-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Robert Ayers is the most overrated first round "prospect" available. He should not be sniffing the first round. 3 ************* sacks. 3! That's pitiful! You can find a guy in the 5th-6th round to get 3 sacks. Yes, yes, I know he's TEH ROXORZ against the run, but are you going to really spend your first round pick on a run-stuffing DE? No, that's dumb. The Eagles finished third in the league in sacks, How much more pressure do you want?

I am strongly against drafting a DE espically Ayers in the first. I see Ayers as Mike Mamula only without the college production.

I find it funny that the majority of us eagles fans agree on which prospects we despise Ex Ayers, and Derrick Williams.

JHG722
04-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I think Moreno is the guy I want the most right now.

Others:

Donald Brown
Andre Brown
Javon Ringer
Ian Johnson
Devin Moore
Britt
Nicks
Aaron Kelly
Marko Mitchell
Jamarko Simmons
Jaison Williams
Shawn Nelson
Sean Smith
Louis Delmas

And obviously my dude TKnighton

Todd Bertuzzi
04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it in here as well. This is how I feel we stand as of right now heading into the draft.....

I think our primary needs as of now are TE, RB, WR in that order. I believe RB will be addressed in round 1 and TE in round two since some good players will be available there like Nelson or Cook. I don't thin we are going to address our need for a #1 WR this draft now that we've traded 28 unless we can get a guy like Ramses Barden in the 3rd, who I don't think will be a #1 guy, but he will at least give us the big red-zone threat we need. As for safety, there will be some good safeties available in the mid rounds. Safety is more of a depth pick though since we already have 3 starting caliber safeties in Jones, Mikeel and Demps. Same goes for DT, DE and LB which we can address in the mid to late rounds.

TE and RB are interchangeable.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:28 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it in here as well. This is how I feel we stand as of right now heading into the draft.....

I think our primary needs as of now are TE, RB, WR in that order. I believe RB will be addressed in round 1 and TE in round two since some good players will be available there like Nelson or Cook. I don't thin we are going to address our need for a #1 WR this draft now that we've traded 28 unless we can get a guy like Ramses Barden in the 3rd, who I don't think will be a #1 guy, but he will at least give us the big red-zone threat we need. As for safety, there will be some good safeties available in the mid rounds. Safety is more of a depth pick though since we already have 3 starting caliber safeties in Jones, Mikeel and Demps. Same goes for DT, DE and LB which we can address in the mid to late rounds.

TE and RB are interchangeable.

Well, you know my thoughts on that, I agree with everything, but think RB is our primary need. Right now we have a TE who could potentially be our future for the next 5 to 10 years. We don't have a RB like that, which is the main reason I think RB is our biggest need right now.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I am strongly against drafting a DE espically Ayers in the first. I see Ayers as Mike Mamula only without the college production.

I find it funny that the majority of us eagles fans agree on which prospects we despise Ex Ayers, and Derrick Williams.

Can you tell by my post at the top of the page that I agree with you, haha.

camp_eagles
04-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Can you tell by my post at the top of the page that I agree with you, haha.

only a little

Todd Bertuzzi
04-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, you know my thoughts on that, I agree with everything, but think RB is our primary need. Right now we have a TE who could potentially be our future for the next 5 to 10 years. We don't have a RB like that, which is the main reason I think RB is our biggest need right now.

I'm not sold on Celek.

jblaze66
04-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I really like Moreno and feel that if he is there he should be our pick, but how do u honestly feel about Big Red and Co. actually pulling the trigger on him?

JHG722
04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I really like Moreno and feel that if he is there he should be our pick, but how do u honestly feel about Big Red and Co. actually pulling the trigger on him?

It's more likely they would draft a punter with the 21st, unfortunately.

TheMolecularMan
04-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I really don't follow your logic on these two posts. Howard isn't the starter, anywhere, so IDK what you mean there. Smith is a RE, if you'd have seen him in TC like I did you'd know that. He is far from a bust. He's a big project, but if you'd have seen him, you would know he is far from a bust. The reason Abiamiri and Howard slide in is on passing downs, and is more for a pass rush, where we still have 3, if not 4 DEs who can still come in and get pressure. We do not need a DE, it is arguably our strongest position.

RE: Cole, Howard, Smith
LE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons.

Not only is that at least a 5 deep DE rotation, there is a ton of money wrapped up there, and invested well. We will not spend big money on another DE. You can quote me on this if you need.

The Eagles will not draft DE round one, not even day one. In fact they are more likely to not draft a DE at all than either of the previous two possibilities.

Also Abiamiri will be a beast;), that is all.

I'm just bringing up the idea of Ayers or Johnson as a possibility for discussion, so following my logic is just pure speculation and arbitrary.

I'm pointing out that it'll probably be Howard's final year as an Eagle, Parker will either be cut or traded to make room for Smith. Since VA plays inside on passing downs, it leaves the Eagles with:

Passing downs:
Cole/Clemons
VA
Howard/Laws
Ayers or Johnson/Smith

Running Downs:
Cole
Patterson
Bunkley
Ayers/VA

I'm projecting long term with the possible selection of either Ayers or Johnson in the 1st rd. The Eagles had 2 sacks in the post-season. Reid loves linemen and you cannot rule out the possibility of taking one on the 1st day since this FO usually throw in a curveball or two. I would prefer Paul Kruger in round 2 actually, but whatever. The Eagles could also possibly take a CB for the future in Darius Butler, Alphonso Smith too. I'm just thinking outside the box. Cole needs some help, Sheldon Brown will be 30. I mean the Eagles took Kolb as the 1st pick two years ago, who would've thought that?

cunningham06
04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
The chances we take a corner early are almost zero. Jack Ikegwuonu will be healthy, which gives us four good CB's, and I really believe Trae Williams can be decent in the NFL if given the opportunity.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm not sold on Celek.

I'm not 100% sold on Celek either, I'd say like 65%, but our future RB situation is worse. We don't even have anyone to debate being sold on, lol. At least at TE we have a chance at having our future starter. Not so at RB, which is why I think RB is the bigger need.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 07:55 PM

I think they have a hsitory of drafting at positions before they need a starter at said position. And that is precisely the situation at RB right now. I would love it, and i think it is more than possible. I won't say likely, because you can never be certain, but I think the chances of us getting him are good, and the chances of the Eagles picking him if available are good as well.

Sniper
04-19-2009, 07:56 PM
EAGLES

Draft Picks:
21. Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC
28. Donald Brown, RB, UConn
37. William Beatty, OT, UConn
90. Chase Coffman TE, Missouri
121. Mitch King, DT, Iowa
144. Scott McKillop, LB, Pitt
153. Derek Pegues, S, Miss St.
157. Cary Harris, CB, USC
194. Moise Fokou, LB, Maryland
195. Brannan Southerland, FB, Georgia

Trades:
1)pick 159 for RB Mike Hart
2)picks 53 and 85 for pick 37
3)picks 92 and 230 for pick 90
4)pick 141 and LB Omar Gaither for pick 92
5)WR Reggie Brown for pick 144 and WR Jaymar Johnson

Todd and I just got named the real Eagles Co-GMs after our SWDC domination. Belee' dat.

Note- The Beatty pick was before the Peters deal.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm just bringing up the idea of Ayers or Johnson as a possibility for discussion, so following my logic is just pure speculation and arbitrary.

I'm pointing out that it'll probably be Howard's final year as an Eagle, Parker will either be cut or traded to make room for Smith. Since VA plays inside on passing downs, it leaves the Eagles with:

Passing downs:
Cole/Clemons
VA
Howard/Laws
Ayers or Johnson/Smith

Running Downs:
Cole
Patterson
Bunkley
Ayers/VA

I'm projecting long term with the possible selection of either Ayers or Johnson in the 1st rd. The Eagles had 2 sacks in the post-season. Reid loves linemen and you cannot rule out the possibility of taking one on the 1st day since this FO usually throw in a curveball or two. I would prefer Paul Kruger in round 2 actually, but whatever. The Eagles could also possibly take a CB for the future in Darius Butler, Alphonso Smith too. I'm just thinking outside the box. Cole needs some help, Sheldon Brown will be 30. I mean the Eagles took Kolb as the 1st pick two years ago, who would've thought that?

The team doesn't always slide the DEs in on passign down, they do it a lot, but not 100% of the time, we have a lot of versatility on our DL and it is complete, with the exception of a 4th DT. There just isn't room for another DE, and the league knows that. The team does throw curveballs, yes, but at positions of need. Sure we didn't expect Kolb, but at the time, QB was a position of need. DE is not a position of need for this team and they are much more likely to leave DE alone than they are to draft one, let alone first day or first round...

I agree with cunningham on the CB situation. The only way we draft a CB is in the later rounds for added competition.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Todd and I just got named the real Eagles Co-GMs after our SWDC domination. Belee' dat.

Note- The Beatty pick was before the Peters deal.

Honestly, at the time, you couldn't have asked for a better draft, as I told TB.

TheMolecularMan
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
I think they have a hsitory of drafting at positions before they need a starter at said position. And that is precisely the situation at RB right now. I would love it, and i think it is more than possible. I won't say likely, because you can never be certain, but I think the chances of us getting him are good, and the chances of the Eagles picking him if available are good as well.

Why draft a RB #1 if he's going to get 75 carries this season?
Wasn't Westbrook's contract extended just last year?
Javon Ringer, Rashad Jennings and Andre Brown are good 3rd round backs. Glen Coffee is a solid 5th rd. pick. We need a complement this year. A replacement in 2010-2011.

TheMolecularMan
04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
The team doesn't always slide the DEs in on passign down, they do it a lot, but not 100% of the time, we have a lot of versatility on our DL and it is complete, with the exception of a 4th DT. There just isn't room for another DE, and the league knows that. The team does throw curveballs, yes, but at positions of need. Sure we didn't expect Kolb, but at the time, QB was a position of need. DE is not a position of need for this team and they are much more likely to leave DE alone than they are to draft one, let alone first day or first round...

I agree with cunningham on the CB situation. The only way we draft a CB is in the later rounds for added competition.

So I guess it's okay to just settle with an unspectacular Parker who plays half a season than breaks down, Abiamiri who has been hampered with injuries who hasn't started a full season and Smith who has done nothing yet (we'll see if he's another 3rd round specialty). Howard is 33 so in no way is his career ascending.

We lost Dawkins, Sheppard and now Sheldon Brown is 30. Sean Smith would be a great pick in the 2nd round since he can play CB and S. There are a lot of good CBs that can be had in the 2nd round.

To consider DE or CB not a need on the 1st day is ridiculous, especially since this class is top heavy and the RB and TE classes are deep.

brat316
04-19-2009, 11:23 PM
So I guess it's okay to just settle with an unspectacular Parker who plays half a season than breaks down, Abiamiri who has been hampered with injuries who hasn't started a full season and Smith who has done nothing yet (we'll see if he's another 3rd round specialty). Howard is 33 so in no way is his career ascending.

We lost Dawkins, Sheppard and now Sheldon Brown is 30. Sean Smith would be a great pick in the 2nd round since he can play CB and S. There are a lot of good CBs that can be had in the 2nd round.

To consider DE or CB not a need on the 1st day is ridiculous, especially since this class is top heavy and the RB and TE classes are deep.

as of now only cb.

Sniper
04-20-2009, 09:01 AM
So I guess it's okay to just settle with an unspectacular Parker who plays half a season than breaks down

I'd rather settle for Parker than a guy who did nothing in college.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Why draft a RB #1 if he's going to get 75 carries this season?
Wasn't Westbrook's contract extended just last year?
Javon Ringer, Rashad Jennings and Andre Brown are good 3rd round backs. Glen Coffee is a solid 5th rd. pick. We need a complement this year. A replacement in 2010-2011.

Why draft a DE who will add nothing to our rotation? He is very similar to Abiamiri, but worse across the board, albeit slightly. at least at the RB position, we can groom one, who will be a role in the offense until he takes over in about 3 years. At DE, no one available will have that sort of impact.

I love how you bring up age for DEs, but you don't bring it up for RB, which is the position most effected by age. Darren Howard is over 30, whoopty doo, we have guys who can do things similar to him on the roster already, and we already have the players who can make the same impact as him. Maybe we sign a DE in the 5th round or later, but we don't need another starter, when we have 3, arguably 4 starting calibur DEs already. Lets not forget that 4 of them also have fairly large contracts, which means that there is already a ton of money invested in the position.

Those are all good backs, yes, but they don't fit the system nearly as well as any of the top backs. I like Coffee, and i like the other backs, but those backs chances of evolving into a starter aren't nearly as good as some of the top backs, who we know can be starters in the NFL already.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM

I like how you conveniently leave out Trent Cole, one of the top REs in the NFL, who also is fairly young, and has that job nailed down for the foreseeable future. Abiamiri has LE for the foreseeable future, book it. And the depth of the rotation is amazing. We have 3 veterans as backups who are very good in their own right, and a young project who, if you would read my posts thoroughly, is very promising. He was drafted last year, and in TC was beating Runyan, Tra, Herremans, MJG, and our other linemen when he was back and healthy. Calling him a bust when he hasn't even been in the league for a year is just illogical, especially when you consider the pure talent he has. With this extra year of coaching, and his continued hard work, we may have a Trent Cole 2.0 on our hands.

We lost Dawk, the unparralelled leader of our defense, and I will not badmouth Dawkins, but his coverage was really lacking last year, and was put more in a Rover role. We have Mikell or Demps who can start at FS now.

Lito sheppard was our #4 Corner last year, wow, big loss. Asante Samuel is still on the roster, correct? Oh and lets not forget Joselio Hanson, who signed a 5 (?) year contract this off season. Oh yeah, and Jack Ikegwonu, a once highly thought of prospect hwo would have gone first day if it weren't for his injury, which is now fully healed. We even have a young guy in Trae Williams in the 5th CB spot now. Its a case of having elite players and not enough room for another high payed player, especially when it isn't a need.

If you would just look at the roster and realize the talent at those positions that is locked up long term you'd realize that neither DE or CB are first day needs. We have 4 starting calibur DEs, and the future is set there. We have 2 Superstar CBs, and plenty of young talent there as well. What do we have at RB? An older, albeit great RB, who could benefit from a top notch guy to keep him fresh. After 2 or three years, the future at RB is what, Lorenzo Booker? No thanks. TE is a little iffy, and we may have a starter there, depending on how the team feels, but no one is certain. We don't have a sure-fire starter at TE right now, whereas we have plenty of guys who can step in at both DE and CB and do a damn good job.

If by thrid round specialty you are referring to busts, I'd love to know if you are including Chris Gocong in there...

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I'd rather settle for Parker than a guy who did nothing in college.

Bingo, especially when Parker can actually bring some pass rush, albeit not consistently. But when a player has very littel pass rush in college, what on earth makes people think they will magically attain a great ability to sack the QB once they get to the highest level of football. There is no LE in the first day that can be better than what VA will do for us. Abiamiri will hold up better against the run than any DE available in day one. He may not be known for his pass rush abilities, I'm not going to lie and say he is a monster there too, but he certainly brings more as a pass rusher than Ayers.

camp_eagles
04-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Bingo, especially when Parker can actually bring some pass rush, albeit not consistently. But when a player has very littel pass rush in college, what on earth makes people think they will magically attain a great ability to sack the QB once they get to the highest level of football. There is no LE in the first day that can be better than what VA will do for us. Abiamiri will hold up better against the run than any DE available in day one. He may not be known for his pass rush abilities, I'm not going to lie and say he is a monster there too, but he certainly brings more as a pass rusher than Ayers.

Dont forget Victor Abiamiri had 10.5 sacks his senior year.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Dont forget Victor Abiamiri had 10.5 sacks his senior year.

Yes, but it isn't exactly what he is known for. I didn't say he was bad at it, which he isn't. But Abiamiri will make most of his impact in the run game. In TC last year he looked real good as a pass rusher before he got injured. The run game is a strength of his. Actually, i shouldn't say that, he looks like he is very balanced now, but when he came here it was to be a LE and to help bolster the run game. Now that he has tuned his technique, he is a very balanced DE, I still don't expect 10+ sacks out of him this year, or next for that matter. He just isn't that type of player. He will consistently get 6-8 sacks and make a huge impact stopping the run. That is some of what you can expect from him.

camp_eagles
04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes, but it isn't exactly what he is known for. I didn't say he was bad at it, which he isn't. But Abiamiri will make most of his impact in the run game. In TC last year he looked real good as a pass rusher before he got injured. The run game is a strength of his. Actually, i shouldn't say that, he looks like he is very balanced now, but when he came here it was to be a LE and to help bolster the run game. Now that he has tuned his technique, he is a very balanced DE, I still don't expect 10+ sacks out of him this year, or next for that matter. He just isn't that type of player. He will consistently get 6-8 sacks and make a huge impact stopping the run. That is some of what you can expect from him.

I completely agree. I was just pointing out his college sack production to show how much better he is than Ayers.

JHG722
04-20-2009, 02:18 PM
ESPN said the Birds are targeting Moreno. Sweet.

brat316
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
and smoke screen week starts

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I completely agree. I was just pointing out his college sack production to show how much better he is than Ayers.

I know, but with how I've been pimping him out lately I want to let people know that he isn't going to be a like Osi Umenyiora, but more close to Strahan, but with less sacks.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-c1_eagles.6864783apr21,0,6708925.story

Josh Freeman, srsly?

Scott sets them boys straight though...

i like the guy at the end who says we get DHB... We already have a similar guy in DeSean, and DHB doesn't fit our offense at all. If we get anyone at WR, its Britt or Nicks.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-s-eaglesfirsts.6859723apr20,0,2844674.story

This only shows how crappy my local newspaper is. It grades the drafts from '99 until '06. A few of the ones that are just downright stupid. Bunk gets a lower grade than Patterson. Shawn Andrews grade is laughable, I don't think the Corey Simon grade should be quite that high. But the others are, surprisingly, pretty good, IMO.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-c1_eagles.6864783apr21,0,6708925.story

Josh Freeman, srsly?

Scott sets them boys straight though...

i like the guy at the end who says we get DHB... We already have a similar guy in DeSean, and DHB doesn't fit our offense at all. If we get anyone at WR, its Britt or Nicks.
Highly doubtful. Better fits? Yes. But you guys won't invest your first rounder on a WR... you think? I don't.

Sniper
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
EATW, stop reading the Morning Call. It's such a waste of space.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Who is the #1 guy you want the Eagles to take in Round 1 Sniper?

Sniper
04-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Who is the #1 guy you want the Eagles to take in Round 1 Sniper?

Knowshon Moreno.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Knowshon Moreno.
I think there is a strong chance of that happening. You could be a very happy man tomorrow.

Sniper
04-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I think there is a strong chance of that happening. You could be a very happy man tomorrow.

Let's hope so. If not him, I certainly would not mind Beanie Wells.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 09:18 PM

I just like to make fun of it, I linked it mostly so people can understand the trash that is put out these days...

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Highly doubtful. Better fits? Yes. But you guys won't invest your first rounder on a WR... you think? I don't.

Perhaps the team sees it that way. I could see them taking either if both Moreno and Pettigrew are gone, as well as Wells. though I think Brown would be a bit more likely.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Knowshon Moreno.

Multiply that by two, for me, and at least the majority of people on this board.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 09:20 PM

I think so too, I'm just not trying to get my hopes up too much, in case soemthing horrible would happen.

Sniper
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
I think so too, I'm just not trying to get my hopes up too much, in case soemthing horrible would happen.

coughcoughcoughkevinkolbcoughcoughcough

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
coughcoughcoughkevinkolbcoughcoughcough

I mean a situation where we are screwed, where, for whatever reason, all the guys I mentioned are gone, but that is exceptionally unlikely...

camp_eagles
04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Knowshon Moreno.

It seams almost too good to be true with him everyone is talking about how much and loves him and how they are willing to trade up to get him. I think the team is throwing in a huge smokescreen and we go with Wells which I wont be mad about but...

cunningham06
04-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Knowshon is the ****, I saw a lot of him last year and he would be a great addition. All we have to worry about is keeping him focused on football because I saw him downtown just about every night last semester..

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:04 AM
It seams almost too good to be true with him everyone is talking about how much and loves him and how they are willing to trade up to get him. I think the team is throwing in a huge smokescreen and we go with Wells which I wont be mad about but...

I really doubt we go with Wells. If both are available, there is no way we pick Wells over Moreno, and I love Wells. If we get Wells we are also going to have to use another pick on a RB in the near future because Moreno can do all the things we want out of a RB in the WCO, Wells isn't a proven commodity as a receiver, and honestly, Moreno is a better pass blocker too.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Last post before I come back after our pick, most likely. Gonna be watching NFL Network until the draft starts, then ESPN during the draft today. Tomorrow I'll watch NFLN though, predominantly.

I switch back and forth anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Didnt like that pick... Hes to similar to Jackson

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I like Maclin a lot. Honestly I would've preferred Pettigrew, Wells, or even Donald Brown, but I'm just happy they didn't take Michael Johnson.

eaglesfan605
04-25-2009, 05:33 PM
I wanted Pettigrew, but I am not upset that they pick Jeremy Maclin.

I am more shocked than anything that they picked a WR in the 1st round.

One thing I do know is that teams are going to have trouble guarding our speedy receivers.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Kinda meh about the Maclin pick...

gameplaya2435
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
McNabb has to be loving that pick though, he wants weapons and now he's got 2 blazers and we're lined up to get a solid backup TE in the next couple rounds. With Moreno off the board so early, I'm glad we didn't get a back in Round 1, I think we'll find a guy later on who can contribute.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 08:00 PM

Except when he's not.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 08:08 PM
LeSean McCoy...I can dig it.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I like the 1st day a lot. In the 3rd give me Shawn Nelson, Jared Cook, or Chase Coffman and it'll be my favorite first 3 rounds for the eagles in a while.

cunningham06
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I loved our first day, A+ in my opinion. Jeremy Maclin possesses a lot of the big play ability that DeSean Jackson does, but he has the frame to become a #1 WR. Our receiving corps is gonna be nasty next season. Our return game as well. If we have Maclin returning kicks and DeSean returning punts, we will frequently have good field position.

LeSean "Shady" McCoy is another excellent pick. I was hoping for Knowshon, but since he went earlier than expected I am perfectly fine with landing McCoy. I thought he was the third best RB in this draft behind Beanie, and his running style is comparable to Westbrook's.

So we got the future #1 WR we needed, as well as a future RB. That just leaves TE, where prospects such as Jared Cook and Shawn Nelson are still available. We had a great first day and are in good position for tomorrow.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

I love Maclin, as I've said before, and Shady is great. I can't think of a better set of picks for the Eagles considering how the draft rolled out. didn't think Pettigrew would be the guy, he isn't what the Offense wants out of its TE, same with Wells. Brown would've been interesting, but we get a guy who is very close in value a full round later. I honestly think Maclin will be a monster in the system. He's been my #2 WR for the whole process. As I've said before, if he was available, i would be all for the pick. Great first day so far, IMO.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:15 PM

That is a common misconception. Maclin is more balanced than a lot of people think. He is tougher and stronger than given credit for. He is a very good WR, and due to his YAC abilities, he fits the WCO great. He doesn't have that great height, but that is one of few things wrong with his game. He'll need to improve his route running a bit, but not much, and he needs to improve his concentration so his hands can be more consistent.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I like Maclin a lot. Honestly I would've preferred Pettigrew, Wells, or even Donald Brown, but I'm just happy they didn't take Michael Johnson.

I think when you take into account if we would've gone RB/WR, instead of WR/RB (hypothetically), we made out much better this way. As the WRs available at the 53 spot aren't as good as McCoy, and Maclin is a better option where we were than either Wells or Brown.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I like the 1st day a lot. In the 3rd give me Shawn Nelson, Jared Cook, or Chase Coffman and it'll be my favorite first 3 rounds for the eagles in a while.

Agreed, (especially if we get Coffman) I can honestly say this is the happiest I've been on draft night that I can remember...

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I loved our first day, A+ in my opinion. Jeremy Maclin possesses a lot of the big play ability that DeSean Jackson does, but he has the frame to become a #1 WR. Our receiving corps is gonna be nasty next season. Our return game as well. If we have Maclin returning kicks and DeSean returning punts, we will frequently have good field position.

LeSean "Shady" McCoy is another excellent pick. I was hoping for Knowshon, but since he went earlier than expected I am perfectly fine with landing McCoy. I thought he was the third best RB in this draft behind Beanie, and his running style is comparable to Westbrook's.

So we got the future #1 WR we needed, as well as a future RB. That just leaves TE, where prospects such as Jared Cook and Shawn Nelson are still available. We had a great first day and are in good position for tomorrow.

I'd say a solid A, A+ is pushing it, even I can realize that in my excitement. Only way it'd be an A+ IMO, is if it'd been Crabtree somehow, but considering the situation we had the best choices possible. It was funny, I was telling my buddies exactly who the Eagles would pick before it happened (Mayock Jr...) I called Maclin as soon as he made it to 18, I even said we might trade up just to make sure. I called the trade with the Browns for a sixth (just followed common logic) and as the picks were in the 46-48, I started telling the guys that as long as Cleveland didn't take him with one of their two picks, the Eagles would get Shady. Now we got LeSean to pair with DeSean.

I am a happy little bear cub...

cunningham06
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Ok, prospects available for tomorrow. We still need a tight end and a defensive tackle.

Tight Ends
Jared Cook
Chase Coffman
Shawn Nelson

Defensive Tackles
Jarron Gilbert
Roy Miller
Ricky Jean-Francois

These are a few guys still available who I like in the order posted for each position. I hope we address both positions early tomorrow.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I think when you take into account if we would've gone RB/WR, instead of WR/RB (hypothetically), we made out much better this way. As the WRs available at the 53 spot aren't as good as McCoy, and Maclin is a better option where we were than either Wells or Brown.
I agree. When I made that post I didn't think the eagles would be able to get McCoy in the 2nd. I honestly don't think he's that much worse than Donald Brown who I wouldn't have minded the eagles taking in the 1st.

Thumper
http://www.o2designz.com/pictures/uploads/Football/NCAA%20Football/maclin.jeremy.jpg

Wow. I did not expect Maclin to fall like that and I am very happy that the Eagles snapped him up. I am very excited to see what the dynamic duo of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin can do in the future. Maclin is similar to Jackson but is that a bad thing? Maclin is 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier and he plays a little bit slower but more physically. Teams better fear the Eagles deep threats now with Maclin, Jackson, and Curtis. I love the potential of Maclin and Jackson and I really hope they can stick around on the Eagles and both develop into their potential.

Maclin should be able to star in the WCO with his ability to get YAC. But everybody thinks Maclin is just another speed receiver. No, he was a top 10 talent. Maclin is not afraid to go over the middle and will take hits. He can jump and get the ball and beat the corner. He also is a good blocker from the receiver spot and he tries hard. He seems like a good locker-room guy and from what I heard of his interview on Eagles.com he sounds like an intelligent guy. I LOVE this pick and think that he will become a great receiver for the Eagles.

Then to add to that the Eagles managed to get McCoy as well. McCoy is perfect schematically for the Eagles and he should be able to come in and get the #2 spot from Booker right away.

This offense could be scary with all these new players. With the biggest line in football and some great playmakers this offense should be great. Westbrook will be healthy, Jackson will continue his development as will Celek. Weaver will be the first REAL FB in a long time and the Eagles have depth at most spots.

I can't wait for the season. I have a feeling the Eagles might just make it to the superbowl.

Sniper
Fastest offense in the NFL? I think so.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Also, both our picks so far were Reshirt Sophomores and neither has turned 21 yet. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. lol.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, prospects available for tomorrow. We still need a tight end and a defensive tackle.

Tight Ends
Jared Cook
Chase Coffman
Shawn Nelson

Defensive Tackles
Jarron Gilbert
Roy Miller
Ricky Jean-Francois

These are a few guys still available who I like in the order posted for each position. I hope we address both positions early tomorrow.

Any combination of them would be great, but if the Eagles somehow managed to get both of those guys I seriously wouldn't know what to do. You all know my love for both these guys. Apparently Kiper loves Miller too, he has him as a borderline second round prospect. Great minds think alike;)

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree. When I made that post I didn't think the eagles would be able to get McCoy in the 2nd. I honestly don't think he's that much worse than Donald Brown who I wouldn't have minded the eagles taking in the 1st.

I had Brown just slightly ahead of McCoy, but I think its safe to say we got much better value. I beleived we could get McCoy in the second, I was just worried about the Browns, as I think they could use a younger RB with starting potential.

cunningham06
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Fastest offense in the NFL? I think so.

Maybe 2nd, don't forget the Raiders. Al Davis may not make the best picks, but he does make the fastest. DHB, Johnny Lee Higgins, and Darren McFadden all have blazing speed.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
http://www.o2designz.com/pictures/uploads/Football/NCAA%20Football/maclin.jeremy.jpg

Wow. I did not expect Maclin to fall like that and I am very happy that the Eagles snapped him up. I am very excited to see what the dynamic duo of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin can do in the future. Maclin is similar to Jackson but is that a bad thing? Maclin is 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier and he plays a little bit slower but more physically. Teams better fear the Eagles deep threats now with Maclin, Jackson, and Curtis. I love the potential of Maclin and Jackson and I really hope they can stick around on the Eagles and both develop into their potential.

Maclin should be able to star in the WCO with his ability to get YAC. But everybody thinks Maclin is just another speed receiver. No, he was a top 10 talent. Maclin is not afraid to go over the middle and will take hits. He can jump and get the ball and beat the corner. He also is a good blocker from the receiver spot and he tries hard. He seems like a good locker-room guy and from what I heard of his interview on Eagles.com he sounds like an intelligent guy. I LOVE this pick and think that he will become a great receiver for the Eagles.

Then to add to that the Eagles managed to get McCoy as well. McCoy is perfect schematically for the Eagles and he should be able to come in and get the #2 spot from Booker right away.

This offense could be scary with all these new players. With the biggest line in football and some great playmakers this offense should be great. Westbrook will be healthy, Jackson will continue his development as will Celek. Weaver will be the first REAL FB in a long time and the Eagles have depth at most spots.

I can't wait for the season. I have a feeling the Eagles might just make it to the superbowl.

Its funny we disagree on a lot of topics, but I agree with all of this...

Told you we wouldn't get a DE:D...

Also, I think Ayers will bust horribly in Denver. He just isn't an OLB, not at all.

This offense was already scary, now it is one that will cause an instant "**** in pants" moment.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Also, both our picks so far were Reshirt Sophomores and neither has turned 21 yet. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. lol.

I'm liking it, more time to develope... Jsut beautiful, these guys ould be mainstays for years and years...

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Maybe 2nd, don't forget the Raiders. Al Davis may not make the best picks, but he does make the fastest. DHB, Johnny Lee Higgins, and Darren McFadden all have blazing speed.

Al Davis just makes me laugh, I feel so bad for Raiders fans...

Borat
04-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Congrats on a great 1st day Eagle fans. I was impressed. Getting Maclin that late was rapage. Now, If you guys could just find a way to grab Shawn Nelson. That would be incredible.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm glad the eagles had a good draft or I'd still be mad we didn't get Moreno. Like I needed more reason to hate the broncos, lol. In Hindsight I'm glad it ended up the way it did though.

Thumper
04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm glad the eagles had a good draft or I'd still be mad we didn't get Moreno. Like I needed more reason to hate the broncos, lol. In Hindsight I'm glad it ended up the way it did though.

I was SOOOO pissed when that **** happened. I hate the Broncos. :mad:

But now I am :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM

I was feeling the same way, but after I cooled down a bit and got to pick 18, I began thinking it over more and figured that this exact scenario would pan out.

As you all can tell, I am very impressed with myself for calling this, not that what I think mattered to the team anyway...

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I was SOOOO pissed when that **** happened. I hate the Broncos. :mad:

But now I am :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hate the Broncos still, but with how our first day worked out, i hate them just a hair less. Their first day was brutal though, IMO.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I was feeling the same way, but after I cooled down a bit and got to pick 18, I began thinking it over more and figured that this exact scenario would pan out.

As you all can tell, I am very impressed with myself for calling this, not that what I think mattered to the team anyway...

I laughed at Correll Buckhalter after Denver drafted Knowshon.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
I laughed at Correll Buckhalter after Denver drafted Knowshon.

I thought about our conversation where we were saying how he will never be a starting RB in the NFL. Its good to know we are at least kind of smart when it comes to certain things...

Todd Bertuzzi
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I really want to get Cook or Nelson in the 3rd, but if both are gone I wouldn't mind if the Eagles took Michael Johnson. If he could ever live up to his potential it would be a steal.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I really want to get Cook or Nelson in the 3rd, but if both are gone I wouldn't mind if the Eagles took Michael Johnson. If he could ever live up to his potential it would be a steal.

I don't like Johnson at all, even if I did, we already have our future LE, so I still wouldn't be in favor of it. Trust me TB, Abiamiri is the future LE for us...

Sniper
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Do you know how beast-tastic the Eagles will be in Madden 2010 now? Holy ****!

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
My favorite TE prospect left is Shawn Nelson. He is actually a pretty good blocker for someone as athletic as he is.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Do you know how beast-tastic the Eagles will be in Madden 2010 now? Holy ****!

Damn, didn't even think of that. Offense will be killer, of course, and defense will be top notch, as always...

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
My favorite TE prospect left is Chase Coffman. He is just a mother ******* beast!!!

Fixed it for you...

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Fixed it for you...
Haha I knew you'd have a problem with that. I do like Coffman a lot as well and would not be disappointed at all if we got him, but I think Nelson is the better value at this point. What do we do if Nelson, Coffman, and Cook are all gone when we pick? Cornelius Ingram? Travis Beckum? A different position?

Todd Bertuzzi
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Different position.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Haha I knew you'd have a problem with that. I do like Coffman a lot as well and would not be disappointed at all if we got him, but I think Nelson is the better value at this point. What do we do if Nelson, Coffman, and Cook are all gone when we pick? Cornelius Ingram? Travis Beckum? A different position?

I'm not sure, I wouldn't be totally against Ingram, but I do not want Beckum. Realistically though, there is a good shot at least one of them will be there at our first pick, and I think its possible the team trades up to ensure it.

I don't have a problem with Shawn Nelson at all, I just LOVE Coffman. I've seen almost all his games and just fell in love with him. He reminds me so much of Jason Witten (just body-wise) and I think he could develop into a very similar player. They are both so much stronger than they look, and run hard, neither have great speed, but have good enough speed to get open. Both have outstanding hands (Coffman's hands are the best of any TE, IMO, and second receiver only to Nick's hands, IMO) and are playmakers. Witten is two inches taller, IIRC, and a little thicker, but I think Coffman can have a Witten-like impact on an offense.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Different position.

It'd either be, CB, S or DT, IMO.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm probably going to jinx it, but I hope the Eagles don't pick any Buckeyes tomorrow. This is a Buckeye-free team, and we need to keep it that way.

Best part about the Maclin pick? There is now a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance that the Eagles will take Derrick Williams.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm probably going to jinx it, but I hope the Eagles don't pick any Buckeyes tomorrow. This is a Buckeye-free team, and we need to keep it that way.

Best part about the Maclin pick? There is now a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance that the Eagles will take Derrick Williams.

There are the same chances of any WR, even if its a return guy.

I'm so excited. We finally have that #1 type WR that our offense desperately needs to become elite. All we need is a another solid TE.

AJHawk50
04-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Congratulations on picking up Jeremy Maclin guys, hope he is a great pro for you.

thetedginnshow
04-26-2009, 02:03 AM
I have to say I just watched Reid's reaction of the Maclin pick and he didn't seem too thrilled. Maybe it was a long day, but it kind of sounded like it wasn't particularly his choice.

Go_Eagles77
04-26-2009, 06:14 AM
I have to say I just watched Reid's reaction of the Maclin pick and he didn't seem too thrilled. Maybe it was a long day, but it kind of sounded like it wasn't particularly his choice.
He always looks like that. He was very excited. Why else would they have traded up?

Eaglez.Fan
04-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Amazing day one, yesterday. As soon as Knowshon was taken I knew it was going to be a surprise pick. I didn't expect Maclin at all to be there let alone be picked by Philly. I love the pick, it'll bring another x-factor to the offense. Maclin is a playmaker plain and simple. And with the second rounder, Shady is a great pick to spell Westbrook and take over the job in the future.

The Eagles front office must really want to win now, RBs and WRs are two positions that can help you right away, and they will help right away. We are definitely one of the fastest teams in the league now.

Now for day two, I expect us to load up on defensive prospects, situational and depth guys IMO.

edit- Get ready everyone

Wzrltr66LqI

6IvvhjERrV0

Sniper
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I like the Ellis Hobbs acquisition. He can be a nice dimeback/kick returner.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I like the draft so far. We filled our 2 biggest needs with Maclin and McCoy, acquired a 3rd next year and also acquired Hobbs who gives us good depth at CB and another great return man. I just wish we would have traded up for Nelson, but they seem to be happy with Celek. Ingram would be nice in the 5th if his knee is ok.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 01:56 PM
This continues to be a great draft for Philly. We have now filled all our major needs with 3 great players in Maclin, McCoy and Ingram while in the mean time picking up an extra 3rd for next year. If Ingram's knee is ok than this is a steal.

brat316
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Harris is a nice pick up, CB, FS, KR, PR.

Eagles now have 3 people for PR, Maclin, Desean, Harris.

and 3 for KR, Maclin, Demps, Harris.

Harris is going to be a great ST and backup FS.

brat316
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Tupou I don't see much out of him, other than last line back up tackle, maybe guard.

Go_Eagles77
04-26-2009, 02:35 PM

Agreed, our return game looks a little better than it did during the Reno Mahe days.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Tupou I don't see much out of him, other than last line back up tackle, maybe guard.

I don't like him either. He has terrible feet and agility and gets pushed around a lot.

Creek
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Loving the Eagles draft. Back to back great drafts by Reid and the front office following the infamous trade back/draft Kolb move. Superbowl!

Eaglez.Fan
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Agreed, our return game looks a little better than it did during the Reno Mahe days.

Don't forget about Ellis Hobbs as a quality kick returner.

And some more nice picks with Macho and Ingram.

Sniper
04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Loving the Eagles draft. Back to back great drafts by Reid and the front office following the infamous trade back/draft Kolb move. Superbowl!

OMG. Creek returns!

Seriously though, this draft pwnz bitches.

cunningham06
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Now if only we get either Ricky Jean Francois or Danelle Ellerbe...

Go_Eagles77
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Now if only we get either Ricky Jean Francois or Danelle Ellerbe...
Or both. :)

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I like the draft so far. We filled our 2 biggest needs with Maclin and McCoy, acquired a 3rd next year and also acquired Hobbs who gives us good depth at CB and another great return man. I just wish we would have traded up for Nelson, but they seem to be happy with Celek. Ingram would be nice in the 5th if his knee is ok.

This is what I was thinking during the draft. I think Nelson, as long as he is healthy, could be the steal of the draft.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Lets not forget Hobbs, he is a good returner in his own right.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM

His best fit is as a RT. I actually liked him a lot there, but with all of the other guys on the roster who can play RT, I really think the only way he makes the team is if they cut Winston Justice, which is possible.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Haha we drafted Moise Fokou, who was picked by the Eagles in the last 2 forum mocks.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm a little dissapointed we didn't get a DT, perhaps they feel good enough there with Bunk, Patterson, Laws, Klecko, and the guy from the Titans they signed earlier. I like this draft a lot. 3 guys who can come in and contribute right away, who fit perfectly, and could develop into dynamic players.

Gibson is a solid pick and I think he has a shot at making the team. However, if he does, that almost certainly means the end of Reggie Brown. As it stands, our WR corp is LOADED.

Fanaika is a typical late round OL who will compete in training camp. Another solid choice.

Fokou is a solid depth pick, but his chances of making the team are slim with what we already have at WLB.

A solid second day, but landing Ingram in the fifth will be great for us. He would've been a borderline first round pick if he would've been healthy this season. Him and Celek is a great tandem at TE.

brat316
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I think Quinn would have been picked by the Eagles if they had the chance in the third round.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I think Quinn would have been picked by the Eagles if they had the chance in the third round.

Not at all, he doesn't fit the offense, and is very limited as a receiver.

brat316
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Not at all, he doesn't fit the offense, and is very limited as a receiver.

But they need a blocking TE, for running plays and when they don't play 4 WR sets now.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 06:06 PM
But they need a blocking TE, for running plays and when they don't play 4 WR sets now.

If the team thought they needed more of a blocking TE, they would've picked a blocking TE instead of Ingram. With this line the TE shouldn't be called on to block as much, and it isn't like the WCO offense anyway. The TE is much more valuable as a receiver than a blocker. It is a little easier to find a blocking TE in the later rounds or as a UDFA, or through Free Agency as well.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I hope the Eagles sign Gano as a UDFA. He is arguably the best kicker in this draft and we will soon need someone to replace Akers who is getting up there in age.

Burger
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Kickers live forever.

JHG722
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
This was our best draft in a long long time.

Billyfromsphilly
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM

We could sign Usain Bolt just to piss off Al Davis!

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM

I'm sure he's workin on it...

jblaze66
04-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Nah he has had off-the-field issues, I am sure Cincy will grab him...

cunningham06
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
The Eagles have been so active this offseason, I'm really hoping it doesn't affect us in a negative way. We've already brought in Jason Peters and Ellis Hobbs via trade, and apparently we are still pursuing Tony Scheffler and maybe Anquan Boldin.

What I don't like is the second Hobbs became an Eagle he started griping about his contract. What the F is going on with our players?

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2009, 06:26 AM
The Eagles have been so active this offseason, I'm really hoping it doesn't affect us in a negative way. We've already brought in Jason Peters and Ellis Hobbs via trade, and apparently we are still pursuing Tony Scheffler and maybe Anquan Boldin.

What I don't like is the second Hobbs became an Eagle he started griping about his contract. What the F is going on with our players?

I would love Scheffler in Philly, he is one of the most underrated TEs in the game, and would be a beast with us. I really liked him ever since he was a prospect (2 or 3 years ago IIRC) and he would make the offense even more scary. Our offense would have no holes...

That kind of ticks me off too. Something tells me this is only a one year thing, otherwise the Pats would've gotten more than two fifths back in a trade.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2009, 06:28 AM
I hope the Eagles sign Gano as a UDFA. He is arguably the best kicker in this draft and we will soon need someone to replace Akers who is getting up there in age.

I wouldn't mind at all. i think the team will put priorities on getting some UDFAs at QB, TE, OL (of course), DL (of course), LB, and S.

They always sign a WR and CB or two so expect some there.

bsaza2358
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I would want some more depth on the DLine for sure and another RB. We need a bigger back to play the Buck role. Has to happen.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I think the Eagles and Giants both had incredible drafts.

I think the Gmen, Eagles, and Skins all came out winners this weekend. Dallas took another blow.

The arms race continues haha. Our division is too nasty.

JHG722
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM

We signed Sam Swank from Wake.

40-49: 13/21 62%
50+: 15/22 68%

Interesting #s...

camp_eagles
04-27-2009, 01:13 PM
We signed Sam Swank from Wake.

40-49: 13/21 62%
50+: 15/22 68%

Interesting #s...

Where did you get this info????

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I would want some more depth on the DLine for sure and another RB. We need a bigger back to play the Buck role. Has to happen.

Leonard Weaver can play the Big Back role, (did that quite well in Seattle)though I agree another one to put in for short yardage situations, with Weaver as the Lead-Blocker would be nasty.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I think the Eagles and Giants both had incredible drafts.

I think the Gmen, Eagles, and Skins all came out winners this weekend. Dallas took another blow.

The arms race continues haha. Our division is too nasty.

I agree about the Giants, had an absolutely nasty draft, I'd give it a B+ or A-. Only thing that puts it that low is Beckum, who, IMO, is not going to have a big impact at all, though he is a good compliment in the TE corp.

bigbluedefense
04-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree about the Giants, had an absolutely nasty draft, I'd give it a B+ or A-. Only thing that puts it that low is Beckum, who, IMO, is not going to have a big impact at all, though he is a good compliment in the TE corp.

you don't like Beckum? i like him a lot. especialy since he's been certified by our TE coach, Mike Pope, who is the best in the business.

he's done more with less in Kevin Boss. Beckum has more natural talent than Boss.

He won't be a complete TE until after a year though.

Go_Eagles77
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Here's our UDFAs so far:

OL Dallas Reynolds, Brigham Young, Philadelphia

RB Marcus Thigpen, Indiana, Philadelphia

DL Josh Gaines, Penn State, Philadelphia

WR Brandon Robinson, Boston College, Philadelphia

RB Walter Mendenhall, Illinois State, Philadelphia

SS Reshard Langford, Vandebilt, Philadelphia

FB Marcus Mailei, Weber State, Philadelphia

K Sam Swank, Wake Forest, Philadelphia

Walter Mendenhall is Rashard's brother. Swank might be the most intriguing, first legit competition they've brought for Akers in a while. Thigpen is a little puzzling, I had the eagles taking him in my last mock but that was before they drafted 2 more good return men and traded for Hobbs.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Haha with Thigpen our return game is unbelievable now. We have so many options. I think they don't want Maclin or Jackson returning kicks for fear of injury so this is one reason they brought in Hobbs and signed Thigpen.

Brothgar
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Haha with Thigpen our return game is unbelievable now. We have so many options. I think they don't want Maclin or Jackson returning kicks for fear of injury so this is one reason they brought in Hobbs and signed Thigpen.

Damn it Eagles! stop taking players I like or else I will have to root for you!

JHG722
04-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Thigpen was one of the three best return men in the NCAA

Thumper
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM

Yeah, you might have to stop rooting for the Lions.:p

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Here's our UDFAs so far:

OL Dallas Reynolds, Brigham Young, Philadelphia

RB Marcus Thigpen, Indiana, Philadelphia

DL Josh Gaines, Penn State, Philadelphia

WR Brandon Robinson, Boston College, Philadelphia

RB Walter Mendenhall, Illinois State, Philadelphia

SS Reshard Langford, Vandebilt, Philadelphia

FB Marcus Mailei, Weber State, Philadelphia

K Sam Swank, Wake Forest, Philadelphia

Walter Mendenhall is Rashard's brother. Swank might be the most intriguing, first legit competition they've brought for Akers in a while. Thigpen is a little puzzling, I had the eagles taking him in my last mock but that was before they drafted 2 more good return men and traded for Hobbs.

I forget the guy's name who was in Tc last year, but he was legitimate competition, I honestly expected him to sign with another team as a backup or emergency guy last year, but I don't think that happened.

I like the attemtion being put on the FB postion (being as I was one;))

Thigpen won't make the team, not even as a return man, especially with the return man additions we made draft weekend. Good set of guys there, will at least be good competition in TC.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:23 PM

We've got room on the train for another fan...

Do it now so you can say you were a fan before we won the Superbowl;)...

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:26 PM

True, I didn't even think about that. I think if Demps doesn't win a starting spot at S, then Thigpen could find it a lot tougher to make the team, but if what you say is how the team feels (I think they do) then I could easily see Thigpen making the team.

I guess I need to think things through a little more before I say things, lol.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I still think DeSean should return punts. He gets taken out of the game for long stretches sometimes receiving-wise so punt returns would ensure that he touches the ball a couple times per game.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I still think DeSean should return punts. He gets taken out of the game for long stretches sometimes receiving-wise so punt returns would ensure that he touches the ball a couple times per game.

I agree, but I think the coaching staff will worry more about his contributions on offense, and since we have capable returners, not call on him to return as much, and let him devote more time as a receiver.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree, but I think the coaching staff will worry more about his contributions on offense, and since we have capable returners, not call on him to return as much, and let him devote more time as a receiver.

Maybe. I do want to see DeSean returning punts, though.

camp_eagles
04-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I forget the guy's name who was in Tc last year, but he was legitimate competition, I honestly expected him to sign with another team as a backup or emergency guy last year, but I don't think that happened.

I like the attemtion being put on the FB postion (being as I was one;))

Thigpen won't make the team, not even as a return man, especially with the return man additions we made draft weekend. Good set of guys there, will at least be good competition in TC.

Was it Shaheer McBride?

brat316
04-28-2009, 01:16 PM
How about WR depth Chart?

Curtis -1

Baskett-2

Jackson/Maclin-3

Avant-4

Brown-5

You think Maclin could be out Jackson for a spot? We know Maclin is a much better WR than Jackson, sure he doesn't have his speed, but as WR much better.

brat316
04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe. I do want to see DeSean returning punts, though.

Yeah, just less running in circles and more taking it straight up field.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Baskett-2

Um, what?

We know Maclin is a much better WR than Jackson

We do?

sure he doesn't have his speed

Are we talking about Jeremy Maclin from Missouri? He can sorta run. :rolleyes:

but as WR much better.

Oh really?

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2009, 01:54 PM
This is how I see it:

Guaranteed to make team: DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin

99.9% chance: Kevin Curtis, Jason Avant

That's 4 WRs who will almost definitely be on the roster.

On the bubble: Hank Baskett, Brandon Gibson, Reggie Brown

I think Brown is the odd man out here. He's already 29 so he's past his prime, which isn't a good thing in his case. I think the eagles end up keeping 6 WRs because I think Gibson will out-play his draft position. If they keep 5 Baskett and Gibson will battle it out.

JHG722
04-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Temple QB Adam DiMichele has been given a try out invitation from the Eagles :)

brat316
04-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Um, what?

We do?

Are we talking about Jeremy Maclin from Missouri? He can sorta run. :rolleyes:

Oh really?

Come on your telling me Desean Jackson, and Maclin have the same speed. Desean is faster than Maclin, not to take away from Maclin's speed.

Maclin is a better route runner then Desean was in college, hell even maybe now. He has only been playing in the NFL for 1 year.

Maclin has the better hands, sure his stats are inflated, but if he didn't catch those 102 balls he probably would have been benched. :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :D :) 8) :p :twisted: :mrgreen:

Sniper
04-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Come on your telling me Desean Jackson, and Maclin have the same speed. Desean is faster than Maclin, not to take away from Maclin's speed.

Maclin, when healthy, is a 4.3 runner. He is absurdly fast.

Maclin is a better route runner then Desean was in college, hell even maybe now. He has only been playing in the NFL for 1 year.

No, he isn't.

brat316
04-28-2009, 03:48 PM
No, he isn't.

please show me so i can change my opinion.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 03:57 PM
please show me so i can change my opinion.

You could always, you know, watch the games and such.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry but saying Maclin is a better route runner than DeSean is just stupid. DeSean Jackson was and is a very polished route runner. Jerry Rice even said he's one of the best route runners he's ever seen. Maclin played in a spread offense and did not have to run many pro style routes like DeSean did in college. As for speed they are extremely similar, just because DeSean ran a faster 40 doesn't mean he's faster.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
D4Z5eMtxcXI

He's such a smooth runner. He doesn't look like he's going fast until you see everyone that's trying to catch him lag behind.

brat316
04-28-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah thats probably it, also I notice how Maclin, changes gears, or at least turns his speed on and off when he is running.

When you watch Jackson, he is always flying, and accelerating to his top gear right away.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Was it Shaheer McBride?

Should've specified, it was a kicker.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:11 PM
How about WR depth Chart?

Curtis -1

Baskett-2

Jackson/Maclin-3

Avant-4

Brown-5

You think Maclin could be out Jackson for a spot? We know Maclin is a much better WR than Jackson, sure he doesn't have his speed, but as WR much better.

How about...
Jackson
Curtis/Maclin
Avant
Baskett
Brown/Gibson

That seems much closer to me.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
This is how I see it:

Guaranteed to make team: DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin

99.9% chance: Kevin Curtis, Jason Avant

That's 4 WRs who will almost definitely be on the roster.

On the bubble: Hank Baskett, Brandon Gibson, Reggie Brown

I think Brown is the odd man out here. He's already 29 so he's past his prime, which isn't a good thing in his case. I think the eagles end up keeping 6 WRs because I think Gibson will out-play his draft position. If they keep 5 Baskett and Gibson will battle it out.

Just about how I see it as well...

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Temple QB Adam DiMichele has been given a try out invitation from the Eagles :)

I knew they'd be checking out UDFA QBs.:D.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:14 PM

Maclin has the better hands, sure his stats are inflated, but if he didn't catch those 102 balls he probably would have been benched. :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :D :) 8) :p :twisted: :mrgreen:

Maclin is not a better route runner, maybe when DeSean was in college, but DeSean working out with Jerry Rice put him waaaay ahead of Maclin.

The hands are similar, though I give the slight edge to DeSean.

Sniper
04-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Wzrltr66LqI

D4Z5eMtxcXI&feature=related

6IvvhjERrV0

Be scared, NFC Beast. Be scared.

JHG722
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I knew they'd be checking out UDFA QBs.:D.

We picked the right one :)

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
We picked the right one :)

Realistically none of them had much of a shot anyway, so I like it, even though i never even heard of him before;). So whats the scouting report on him?

JHG722
04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Realistically none of them had much of a shot anyway, so I like it, even though i never even heard of him before;). So whats the scouting report on him?

He's had an unfortunately injury plagued career, but he's great when he's healthy. Can really do it all. Plays like Tim Tebow. Probably has better pure mechanics than Tebow. Albeit he's shorter and like 35 lbs. lighter.

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
He's had an unfortunately injury plagued career, but he's great when he's healthy. Can really do it all. Plays like Tim Tebow. Probably has better pure mechanics than Tebow. Albeit he's shorter and like 35 lbs. lighter.

Well I wish him luck, but obviously the odds are against him.

JHG722
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Well I wish him luck, but obviously the odds are against him.

To make the team, yeah, but I think he has a great chance of making the practice squad. He could always try to make another team too.

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
The practice squad is realistic, especially considering there is no competition for him there, and the team has a QB on the PS over 50% of the time if they choose. He's got a great shot at the PS, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even end up on our PS.

JHG722
04-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Well unless the Eagles dont keep a QB on the PS and unless he's still not recovered from his injury, I'd be shocked if he didnt make the PS. He's a total gamer.

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Well unless the Eagles dont keep a QB on the PS and unless he's still not recovered from his injury, I'd be shocked if he didnt make the PS. He's a total gamer.

There are many occasions where the team doesn't have a QB on the PS, and it is possible that could happen, but I agree, it is much more likley we have a QB on the PS.

D-Unit
04-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Wzrltr66LqI

D4Z5eMtxcXI&feature=related

6IvvhjERrV0

Be scared, NFC Beast. Be scared.
So are you predicting the NFC East Crown this year?

Sniper
04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
So are you predicting the NFC East Crown this year?

No. I don't predict championships anymore. I've been burned too many times before. Let's say wild card.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 06:11 AM
No. I don't predict championships anymore. I've been burned too many times before. Let's say wild card.

I will say this, right now. i predict the Eagles to be a top tier team, and very competitive. They could potentially win every single game on the schedule (not saying they go 16-0, meaning they could win each separate one) I expect the team to be one of the top 3 NFC teams and one of the top 6 teams in the NFL going purely off of record.

bsaza2358
05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
The Eagles should get some contributions from this draft class this season, but the real keys will be Andrews/Andrews + Peters to solidify the OLine. If that happens and the team stays healthy, I think they will compete for the division/playoffs.

Go_Eagles77
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Not to sound like a homer, but I really don't see one weakness on this team. Our biggest question marks are probably 3rd string RB and backup TE.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 12:16 PM
The Eagles should get some contributions from this draft class this season, but the real keys will be Andrews/Andrews + Peters to solidify the OLine. If that happens and the team stays healthy, I think they will compete for the division/playoffs.

A lot is riding on the two tackle acquisitions playing at a high level, as they should. It really is the key to our season. I think they will perform very well, and we have the depth that we won't lose too much as long as injuries don't play a huge factor.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Not to sound like a homer, but I really don't see one weakness on this team. Our biggest question marks are probably 3rd string RB and backup TE.

This is my opinion on the teams needs going into the 2010 draft.

QB- depth player, maybe future starter
RB-3rd stringer
WR-NO
TE-3rd stringer
LT-NO
LG-No
C-Possible upgrade, but really only depth
RG-NO
RT-NO
LE-NO
RE-Maybe some depth
DT-4th guy to complete rotation
SLB-Depth
MLB-NO
WLB-Could potentially need a starter, an upgrade would be nice, if we get good play, No
CB-If Sheldon leaves, we'll need some more depth
SS-Maybe, if Jones doesn't work out and leaves, depth
FS-If Demps wins the starting spot, No. If he doesn't develope, and Mikell stays at SS, may need a starter
K-Not really
P-Maybe, but certainly isn't pressing
KR/PR-NO

We don't need starters anywhere, at least for now, and even if we would, it isn't like we have bad players in there. Every single one of our starters is average at their position (for a starter) or better. There aren't any glaring weaknesses at all, and that will make it tough for tems to gameplan against us. I thought I had high hopes last year, my anticipation this year is even greater!

brat316
05-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Hopefully the Eagles become better this year scoring in the redzone, and sustaining their drives.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Hopefully the Eagles become better this year scoring in the redzone, and sustaining their drives.

Well With the added girth (sp) on our line, along with a real FB in Leonard Weaver (the most importnat thing IMO, as he helps in so many ways), and McCoy who has a knack for the end zone, our running game should improve in the red zone. With another (relatively) big threat in Ingram, as well as Celek getting more time, I think we will improve in both aspects, though I think the biggest change is in the running game, at least for our redzone and short yardage situations anyway.