PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Eagles Draft

Pages : [1] 2 3

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
With our aging OT's and the CB situation in flux, plus other needs (possibly at S), the Eagles aren't going to take a RB in round 1, even with 2 picks. That means Wells won't be an Eagle in all likelihood. Let's continue to stay on target here. Discuss the topic. If you want to discuss next years' draft, create a thread for it...

Ok bsaza I will.

What do you think the Eagles will do?
Personally I really want the Eagles to get William Moore and Eugene Monroe.

eaglesfan_45
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
So, back to the discussion we were having in the Hunt or Booker thread...

There are very few RBs who enter the NFL who can't catch nowdays, but yes there are definitely some that are much more natural receivers. I think soemthing that Wesbrook has spoiled us with the past few years is he is the PERFECT WCO RB. We don't need someone exactly like him or Marshall Faulk in terms of receiving ability, but we definitely do need who can catch the ball and do something with it. Wells is one of those guys, and to be honest, he could fit in almost any offense. I agree about Hunt, if he doesn't improve that much, he very well may be gone.

Wells is a guy who can fit in every offense but, will he be the best fit available?

and next year there are a few players who fit the system better than Wells:
LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
Javon Ringer RB Michigan St.
Arian Foster RB Tennesee
Ian Johnson RB Boise St.
Jeremiah Johnson RB Oregon
Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
Marlon Lucky RB Nebraska
CJ Spiller RB Clemson

On a side note:
DeMarco Murray Oklahoma's starting RB is from Vegas! He is now one of my favorite prospects

eaglesalltheway
07-16-2008, 06:19 AM
So, back to the discussion we were having in the Hunt or Booker thread...

Wells is a guy who can fit in every offense but, will he be the best fit available?

and next year there are a few players who fit the system better than Wells:
LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
Javon Ringer RB Michigan St.
Arian Foster RB Tennesee
Ian Johnson RB Boise St.
Jeremiah Johnson RB Oregon
Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
Marlon Lucky RB Nebraska
CJ Spiller RB Clemson

On a side note:
DeMarco Murray Oklahoma's starting RB is from Vegas! He is now one of my favorite prospects

All you did there was name the top RB prosects. Arian Foster isn't exactly a better fit than Wells, and neither are Ian or Jeremiah Johnson. I'm not saying they are bad prospects, but they are not a better fit for the WCO than Wells. Plus when you take into account Wells' overall ability, I would take him over any of those guys.

eaglesalltheway
07-16-2008, 06:21 AM
I really like Milliam Moore, and hope that the Eagles strongly consider him come draft time, unless he drops drastically in poroduction or suffers a serious injury, but the chances of him suddenly losing his palying ability are very slow, and injuries are impossible to predict. I really haven't spent too much time on OTs yet, but there are a few at the top who would garner consideration from the Eagles possibly.

eaglesfan_45
07-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I really like Milliam Moore, and hope that the Eagles strongly consider him come draft time, unless he drops drastically in poroduction or suffers a serious injury, but the chances of him suddenly losing his palying ability are very slow, and injuries are impossible to predict. I really haven't spent too much time on OTs yet, but there are a few at the top who would garner consideration from the Eagles possibly.

William Moore or bust IMO. He is the only rd.1 safety I want the Eagles to grab.

SS
I think Courtney Greene and Nic Harris would be upgrades a SS. They are both "in the box safeties" and are OK in pass coverage as well.

FS
I really like Patrick Chung and Micheal Hamlin in rd.2. These 2 are SS prospects on any other team but, The FS in the eagles scheme has to be big and good in pass and run play.
I like Nate Allen out of South Florida as a FS prospect. He is a productive guy in both the run and pass:
86 Tackles, 2 TFL, 4 INT, 3 FR, 1 FF

There are a few OT prospects that the Eagles should take a long look at.
LT- Rd.1

Eugene Monroe is the prototype LT, he is 6'5" and 315 lbs. Many have him above Micheal Oher

2007: Honorable mention All-ACC selection … underrated performer who was overpowering during the season … started 11 games at left tackle, missing the Pittsburgh and Middle Tennessee games with a knee injury ... did not allow a sack during the regular season ... was the line's top grader on five occasions ... had 20 knockdown blocks during the regular season ... season-high six knockdown blocks vs. North Carolina and was named the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week ... had four knockdowns vs. both Connecticut and Maryland.

Micheal Oher is compared to Orlando Pace as a prospect. Many think that he is the best OT prospect in years. 6'5" 318 lbs.

2007: Named Fourth Team All-America by Phil Steele … Consensus First Team All-SEC selection … Named Mid-Season All-America first team by The Sporting News and a fourth team by Phil Steele, who also listed him on his All-SEC first team … Started all 12 games at left tackle… Helped pave the way for Green-Ellis' 1,137 rushing yards, which ranks second on the school's single-season chart.

Andre Smith is being compared to Willie Roaf, he is a road grader at LT and many believe that he can play G if neccessary. I think he is similar to Shawn Andrews only as a LT in college instead of a RT. Not alot of people believe he will come out though. 6'5" 340 lbs.

2007: Was a co-winner of the SEC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy along with Arkansas' Jonathan Luigs ... 2007 Coaches First-Team All-SEC selection ... Started every game at the left tackle position, one of two players to start every game on the offensive line

Ciron Black is another "prototype" LT at 6'5" and 316 lbs. He is the 4th OT prospect and he is a top-20 prospect. This is a really good year for OTs. He was 2nd team all-SEC

RT

Phil Loadholt is a mauler at LT but he will be a RT. He is the tallest player in Oklahoma History. He has the build of Jon Runyan. The question is, will he be Jon Runyan or Geoerge Foster? 2nd round prospect

Alex Boone is a LT in college who I think will move to RT in the pros. He is another guy in the mold of Jon Runyan. He plays an important role in blocking for Beanie Wells. Second Team all big 10. 2nd Round Prospect

Sam Young plays both LT and RT for Notre Dame and while he is inconsistent, he has all the physical tools to succeed. He is also in the build of a Jon Runyan. He has started in 25 straight games. 2nd-3rd Round prospect.

Adam Ulatoski is a RT for the Texas Longhorns. He has injury issues, but he has all the physical tools to make it in the NFL. He is an imposing figure on the offensive line with his 6-8 frame, Can play guard if need be. An honorable mention for the All-Big XII Team. 2nd Round Prospect.

Duke Robinson has the size to play T at 6'5" and 338 lbs. He is a road-grader in the run game, the type of OG/OT that doesn't come around very often.

AFCA, AP, The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated first team All-American ... All-Big 12 first team by the coaches and Associated Press ... starter at left guard ... caught a deflected pass and advanced it eight yards vs. A&M ... started 13 games, only exception was Texas A&M game ... graded at 85% for the season with 663 plays and 97 knockdowns ... had a knockdown best of 13 against Miami.

Herman Johnson is another OG who can play RT. He is in the build of Jon Runyan at 6'7" 348 lbs. He is an imposing figure on the line.

Mammoth size with dominant strength ... Very long arms ... Great pancake block ability ... Solid athleticism to pull and trap ... Getting better at picking up blitzes ... Nice hand punch ... Mentally tough and doesn't wear down in the fourth quarter ... Extremely strong hands and can manhandle opponents ... Great in short-yardage and goal-line situations ... A lot of experience ... Could be worked out at right tackle ... Extremely high upside.

Kraig Urbik plays both RG and RT in college and is a big lineman at 6'6" and 328 lbs. Has started 39 straight games (first 13 at right tackle, next 23 at right guard and last three at right tackle). All second-team big 10

DLionALL
07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure who's better Monroe or Oher but I know i'm getting a man-crush on Oher and Moore lately. If we could nab one of those LTs AND Moore somehow that would be amazing. Moore could learn from a amazing FS in Dawkins and Oher or Monroe can protect the blindside for many years to come.

Eaglez.Fan
07-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I have Oher and Smith as the clear cut top two LTs. As for safeties Nic Harris would be awesome with the later of our 2 picks. And if we unfortunetley have two top picks Taylor Mays would be great aswell.

eaglesfan_45
07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I have Oher and Smith as the clear cut top two LTs. As for safeties Nic Harris would be awesome with the later of our 2 picks. And if we unfortunetley have two top picks Taylor Mays would be great aswell.

Taylor Mays will bust, he isn'r as good against the run as he should be for a S his size. He isn't great in space and so far the only thing he has done is have amazing work-out numbers.

William Moore FTW!! Best Safety in the draft.

Nic Harris is 2nd round material. He isn't that great against the pass, he is a classic in the box safety.

eaglesalltheway
07-17-2008, 06:36 AM
As of right now, draft stock is pretty much irrelevant, so there is really no point to saying whether a player will go anywhere, because as wee know, so much can change in a week, and we have almost a full year to go before the draft. Though I will say this, everybody is locked in on S and OT already, we need to at least keep open the other possibilities. Say if Gocng doesn't develop as he has so far, we may need a new SAM. If Westbrook loses a step and neither Booker or Hunt develop, RB could also be possible. If Abiamiri doesn't pan out, we could also need LE, and lets not forget that LJ Smith probably won't be around much longer. I'm not saying that any of those things will happen, I actually expect all of those players to be fine, and more than fine, but it seems that a lot of people are prematurely locking n on certain positions and certain players at those positions. I am guilty oif those same things, but I'm trying not to get too into it That being said, Moore/Monroe or Moore/Oher or Moore/Smith would be fantastic. I'm just trying not to get my hopes up for specific guys, especially so early, because the chances of the Eagles picking exactly who we want is very unlikely.

eaglesalltheway
07-17-2008, 06:42 AM
BTW EF 45 I love the Moore vid. It is very ironic how everybody is saying he is the next Brian Dawkins. Look at his celebration after the first INT (I beleive its the first, it may be second) He rears his whole body back and flexes his body and it reminds me so much of what Dawk does after a big play.

eaglesfan_45
07-17-2008, 02:44 PM
BTW EF 45 I love the Moore vid. It is very ironic how everybody is saying he is the next Brian Dawkins. Look at his celebration after the first INT (I beleive its the first, it may be second) He rears his whole body back and flexes his body and it reminds me so much of what Dawk does after a big play.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/587183.jpeghttp://assets.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/players/spotlight/26.jpg

huh, OMG Their TWINS!!!!11!1 :eek:

eaglesalltheway
07-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Yeah I did notice that too actually in the other Moore thread, It may have been in the vid, but there are waaaay too many similarites, it is almost freaky.

eaglesfan_45
07-20-2008, 06:43 AM
I actually wouldn't mind if the Eagles drafted Phil Loadholt.

All of his problems (from what I've read) are fundamental issues that can be solved and the Eagles' o-line coach is really good from my understanding. Phil has so much potential, and if he doesn't work out at RT then he could be a good G. Plus, he plays LT in college so you never know.....

eaglesalltheway
07-20-2008, 08:17 PM
But as of now, LT is more of a pressing need than RT. Both are concerns yes, but I think that the Eagles would be best served to go after one of the many LT prospects that would be available in next year's draft. We do have Justice as a RT, and Herremans could also possibly make that transition, so there are two guys there that could be possible replacements at RT. And yes Justice is also a possible replacment at LT too, but that is the only real possibility we have at a future LT, and from what we saw before RT looks to be a much better option.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 04:05 AM
http://phi.scout.com/a.z?s=67&p=2&c=770737

I want him to be an Eagle sooo bad.

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Man EF 45 you need to stop showing me stuff on him. The more I see the more I like, and it is becoming very hard for me not to zone right in on him as THE target. Stop it, I don't want to see anymore:D, oh but I do.

eaglesfan_45
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Another Safety I really like is Courtney Greene at SS and if we could get Moore in Rd.1 and Greene in Rd.2 I would be extremely happy. The Eagles would have the safety duo of the future.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/rutgers_9021/cousincourtney.jpg

There are actually a few SS prospects I really like-

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon
Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson
Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina (Bob Sanders Jr.)
Chris Clemons, SS, Clemson

eaglesalltheway
07-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I too am a fan of Greene and Chung. Both are definitely SS prospects, and both have been productive at good level of competition. I don't know much about the others though, but hey If we go with Chris Clemons for a SS pick, we will have two Chris Clemons' on the team. That would psyche teams out enough to win by the opponents brain aneurism!:D!

eaglesfan_45
07-25-2008, 05:41 PM
In one of your posts you said you were seeing william Moore as the only target. So I will throw out some day 1 names that I think the Eagles should target because they fit the systems.

WR-
Receiver play: Wideouts in the West Coast offense obviously have to run very precise and sharp routes with the ability to separate from opposing defensive backs. What may be even more important, however, is the ability to make plays after the catch. This was a big reason why someone such as wide receiver Terrell Owens (Dallas Cowboys) was such a big-time player in the system.

The posistion that the Eagles need is:
Split End: This position is generally reserved for a more possession-type receiver that has a good release off the line, because the split end must line up on the line of scrimmage on the weak side of the field.

Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech 6'3" 210 lbs 4.48 40- He is an ideal WCO WR from what I know about him.

Kenny Britt, Rutgers 6'4" 205 lbs. 4.50 40-Britt runs clean routes, and has very good ball skills. He uses his body well to shield defensers away so he can make a tough catch.

Brian Robiskie, Ohio State 6'3" 197 4.48 40-Best Route Runner in the class

All of these guys have good - great size for a WR, which is neccesary because in a WCO the team uses the passing game as the running game by throwing short passes and it is a good thinhg if the WR is able to get YAC

TE
At TE you can be strictly a recieving TE and suceed in a WCO so, this draft class is laden with guys like that. There are to many to list, Just know that I like Jermaine Gresham out of Oklahoma, he is Sam Bradford's life line and the draft classes best TE.

OT- See a couple posts above

LB-
Aaron Curry, Wake Forest- 6-3 241 lbs 4.58 40- He is a really good OLB who if Gocong doesn't play well Curry could replace him at SLB

Rey Maualuga, USC- (ILB) I don't really need to talk about him that much, he is one of the more well known prospects. I think he will be a great line backer he is a Junior Seau clone.

Dannell Ellerbe, Georgia- (ILB) 6'1" 232 lbs. 4.53 40- He is my personal favorite and he is a leader on the tough Georgia defense. If Gocong doesn't pan out, it could force Stewart Bradley back to SLB and allow Ellerbe to start.

CB-
(only if the Eagles get rid of Lito)
The Eagles use a balance of zone and man so the Eagles have some freedom when it comes to CB's who fit the system, as shown by the style diversity the Eagles have now. Particularly the difference between Lito and Asasnte.

Mike Mickens, Cincinnati- 6'0" 180 lbs. 4.45 40- he is a playmaker in the secondary and he can also return kicks, I prefer him over Vontae Davis and Malcolm Jenkins. He is a good man cover man.

Darius Butler, Connetcticut- 5'11" 186 lbs 4.36 40- an excellent athlete, who is a playmaker at CB, with 4 ints last year he is also a dynamite KR.

Trevard Lindley, Kentucky- 6' 177 lbs. 4.41 40- he is a master of the press coverage. A major contributor on the breakout Kentucky team last year.

Domonique Johnson, Jackson State- 6'2" 190 lbs. 4.34 40- He is a Cromartie clone (you choose either one). Protoypical CB, he is big and fast.

I also really like Morgan Trent of Michigan

S

William Moore is a given so I'm going to give you some other names.
Patrick Chung and Courtney Greene were already talked about.

Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State- 5'10" 196 lbs. 4.43 40- He is just like Quintin Demps, a dynamic playmaker who can play FS, CB, SS and return kicks.

Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina- 5'10 214 lbs. 4.47 lbs.- He is a Bob Sanders clone. He lacks size but like Bob Sanders, he plays all out every play.

eaglesfan_45
07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
This needs to be settled, the Eagles DO NOT want Taylor Mays.

Reason Being #1 Taylor Mays is a SS prospect not a FS prospect, The Eagles need a FS to replace FS Brian Dawkins. Not a SS!

STRENGTHS
Speed
Hands
Size
Weaknesses
Backpedal Quickness
Change of Direction
Toughness
Technique
Tackling

Taylor Mays is probably the most overrated player in next years draft.
Mays is very overrated, he isn't in the top 5 as far as college safeties go

1. Moore
2. Harris
3. Chung
4. Pegues (I think he will make the move)
5. Chancellor

Taylor Mays size makes him such an intriguing prospect. The combination of being 6'4, 225 and an estimated 40 time of 4.4, makes him scary. Even though he has incredible size and speed, he needs to work on his technique a lot if he is going to be a star. He can't really turn with receivers and you will see him stumble when he goes to turn his hips. Mays likes to go for big hits, but he needs to learn to wrap up if he is going to rack up tackling numbers in the NFL.

Really, he is a quicker version of Roy Williams, and like Roy Williams he is great in college but in the pro's I don't think Mays will make it.

The whole USC defense is overrated-
Fili Moala is a 2nd round prospect not top-5
Brian Cushing is a late 1st early 2nd prospect not top-20
Taylor Mays is a late rd.1 prospect

the only prospect that I believe deserves their early rd.1 grade is Rey Mualuga

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
EF 45, I was trying not to zone in on Moore, but it is very difficult, he just brings so much to the table. And yes we may need a SS, as we do not have a true starter there either. Considine is good, IMO, but we could certianly upgrade there. Mikell is battling for the starters role, that should not be the case, even though ZI really lik eMikell, he just isn't starting calibur. I still say the verdict is out on mays. If he has a good season this year for USC, sure, I wouldn't mind at all if the Eagles took him, as long as Moore is gone of course. I also like Green and Chung and Pegues.

cunningham06
07-30-2008, 06:41 PM
This needs to be settled, the Eagles DO NOT want Taylor Mays.

Reason Being #1 Taylor Mays is a SS prospect not a FS prospect, The Eagles need a FS to replace FS Brian Dawkins. Not a SS!

Quintin Demps deserves a chance to pan out, he is exactly what we want at FS. He doesn't have the run support ability of Dawkins, but that is just a nice bonus. SS is where we really need help. We could easily improve over Mikell and Considine. That is one of the weakest parts of our defense IMO.

eaglesalltheway
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Quintin Demps deserves a chance to pan out, he is exactly what we want at FS. He doesn't have the run support ability of Dawkins, but that is just a nice bonus. SS is where we really need help. We could easily improve over Mikell and Considine. That is one of the weakest parts of our defense IMO.

I agree 100%, that pretty much what I sadi in my previous post. Like you, I think Demps deserves that chance, and he is playing well enough right now and he is showing a lot of promise. I won't say he WILL be our future FS, but he definitley has a great chance to be our future FS. He has so much playmaking ability, and with proper tutelage from the coaches and Dawk, he could have a bright future. I still like Moore though, he has the size to play SS, that is for sure. He has the athleticism and is solid in run suppport and can lay the big hit. I honestly think he could play either Safety spot in the NFL, from what I have seen of him. The question theree is, (if for some reason the Eagles draft Moore) will he be under-utilized at that position? I want to see what EF 45 says about this, as he seems to have a permanent hard-on for Moore. (As he should I might add.) Its OK EF 45, I feel something moving down there soemtimes when his name is mentioned too.:D

cunningham06
07-31-2008, 01:12 AM
I agree 100%, that pretty much what I sadi in my previous post. Like you, I think Demps deserves that chance, and he is playing well enough right now and he is showing a lot of promise. I won't say he WILL be our future FS, but he definitley has a great chance to be our future FS. He has so much playmaking ability, and with proper tutelage from the coaches and Dawk, he could have a bright future. I still like Moore though, he has the size to play SS, that is for sure. He has the athleticism and is solid in run suppport and can lay the big hit. I honestly think he could play either Safety spot in the NFL, from what I have seen of him. The question theree is, (if for some reason the Eagles draft Moore) will he be under-utilized at that position? I want to see what EF 45 says about this, as he seems to have a permanent hard-on for Moore. (As he should I might add.) Its OK EF 45, I feel something moving down there soemtimes when his name is mentioned too.:D

Ya I gotcha. With the range I've seen he has just from his videos it would be a waste to not let him play some center field and free lance a bit. Rather than plug him in the box like we did with Michael Lewis. Moore sounds awesome, but I wouldn't be disappointed to see us bring in a safety of any sort. After all if you cared to waste your time looking through my posts, the guy I wanted and talked up a ton in 2006 was Michael Griffin, and this year I really wanted Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith.

eaglesalltheway
07-31-2008, 06:32 AM
I do remember you were hot on Michael Griffin last year, and I was one of those guys too. I was sooo disapointed when the titans got him. I truly think the Eagles would have picked him if he was available, but that is just speculation. I too like Kenny Phillips, I think he will be a tough opponenet, and wish the Eagles could have gotten him, but we got a first rounder next year, and a player who will make an impact right away in DeSean Jackson. Personnally, I wanted Griffin more than I wanted Phillips, but I definitely wanted both when they were coming out. I really do like Moore, but unless the Panthers have a year like last year, I don't think he will be avialable with our pick. To be honest I think by the time the draft nears, I will like Moore more than any of the guys over the past two years, excluding Laron Landry of course. I've been at Eagles camp, and besides Booker, Quintin Demps has impressed me the most of all the players, and I really think he could end up a great player. He already has the knack for finding the ball, which you can't teach, but the things he does need improvement on are all things that can be taught. He takes great angles to the ball while it is in the air, and going to the ball while it is on the ground is no different. In fact, some may say it is easier because...One, It is at eye level already, you don't have to extend yourself to find it, and two, as a FS, the whole field is in front of you in run situations, and you can control your body while moving forward better than any side-to-side or backwards motion. Demps is a good tackler too, its just it has gone unnoticed because of his other attributes. Of course it could be improved, but with strength conditioning and other training methods, he will be able to produce in th run deense as well. This defense can be successful with almost any type of safeties. A major misconception with Dawk is that he is a run-stopping FS. That is not the case. He is balanced, which is one of the things that makes him great. He doesn't have a weakness in his game. There is no doubt that Demps is better against the pass right now, but with proper trainign and teaching, he could end up a good all-around FS. This is not saying he will be anywhere near as good as Dawk, which I will not say that right now, but I will say that Demps has the potential to be a great FS. Read Scott's bio on him if you have time. One of his comments is something along the lines of "never underestimate Demps, as he has the type of mentality and work ethic to prove you wrong". To be honest though, if we would get Moore as well, and our future Safeties would be those two, that really eliminates any weaknesses on our defense for the future. That would be scary.

Eaglez.Fan
07-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Moore was more of a FS. We could get Nic Harris in the late 1st or early 2nd that would fill our safety needs for the future.

eaglesalltheway
07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
You are right, but he also has the run stopping ability and the ability to make the big hits. His size is more like that of a SS, so that wouldn't be a problem. I was just putting it there as a possibility, as I know he is more of a FS, but he has so much talent, and all of the tools to do either safety spot. I was just putting it out there to get opinions from everyone, in particular EF 45, who has a man-crush on him. Watching him play, he hits hard and takckles well, in addition to his abilities in the passing game. IMO, he looks like he could play SS in the Eagles defense, because they are called on to cover, they aren't just an in the box type of guy. Moore has has so much talent that I think he could succeed at either Safety spot.

eaglesfan_45
08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
So here is a quick mock I did- (Sniper I already know that early mocks are dumb)
1st(Car.)- William Moore FS Missouri
1st- Ciron Black LT LSU
2nd- Derrick Williams WR Penn State
3rd- Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
4th- George Hypolite DT Colorado
5th- Dave Philistin LB Maryland
5th- DeAndre Wright CB New Mexico
6th- Brannan Southerland FB Georgia
6th- Nate Longshore QB Cal
7th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest

William Moore is a great prospect and a favorite of mine as many of you know but lately I've been warming up to some SS prospects Particularly Kam Chancellor (Virginia Tech) and Emmanuel Cook (South Carolina). With Quintin Demps lighting up TC I think that the Eagles can focus more on a SS.

I also think the Eagles need another LE. When Victor Abiamiri went down, the Eagles were forced to play Darren Howard and Jaqua Parker (who are good BTW). But both Parker and Howard are getting older, and Howard is on his last leg with the Eagles. I would like the Eagles to try and get their version of Justin Tuck. I really like Pannel Egboh (Stanford) and Lawrence Wilson (Ohio State) to fill that role.

I am really coming to like Percy Harvin and think that he could be amazing in the Eagles offense. In some recent pictures of him he looks more like a RB than a WR and he could line-up at RB in the Eagles offense at RB and succeed due to his recieving abilities and he can line up at WR and be a Steve Smith like playmaker. He would also add yet another weapon to the emerging special teams unit. Imagine having Harvin, Jackson, Curtis, Westbrook and Booker lining up on the field at the same time :eek:. He is compared to Reggie Bush and Peter Warrick in terms of gameplay style and I really think that Harvin would be a great fit for the offense wether it be at RB or WR.

Everyone Thinks of the Eagles RB as a strong point on the team and they are right but next season could be different. Tony Hunt could very well lose his spot on the roster to Ryan Moats. Ryan Moats and Corell Buckhalter are going to be FA next year so reinforcements are going to be needed. The 2 I really want on the Eagles are DeMarco Murray (Oklahoma) and Mike Goodson (Texas A&M).

eaglesalltheway
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
So here is a quick mock I did- (Sniper I already know that early mocks are dumb)
1st(Car.)- William Moore FS Missouri
1st- Ciron Black LT LSU
2nd- Derrick Williams WR Penn State
3rd- Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
4th- George Hypolite DT Colorado
5th- Dave Philistin LB Maryland
5th- DeAndre Wright CB New Mexico
6th- Brannan Southerland FB Georgia
6th- Nate Longshore QB Cal
7th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest

William Moore is a great prospect and a favorite of mine as many of you know but lately I've been warming up to some SS prospects Particularly Kam Chancellor (Virginia Tech) and Emmanuel Cook (South Carolina). With Quintin Demps lighting up TC I think that the Eagles can focus more on a SS.

I also think the Eagles need another LE. When Victor Abiamiri went down, the Eagles were forced to play Darren Howard and Jaqua Parker (who are good BTW). But both Parker and Howard are getting older, and Howard is on his last leg with the Eagles. I would like the Eagles to try and get their version of Justin Tuck. I really like Pannel Egboh (Stanford) and Lawrence Wilson (Ohio State) to fill that role.

I am really coming to like Percy Harvin and think that he could be amazing in the Eagles offense. In some recent pictures of him he looks more like a RB than a WR and he could line-up at RB in the Eagles offense at RB and succeed due to his recieving abilities and he can line up at WR and be a Steve Smith like playmaker. He would also add yet another weapon to the emerging special teams unit. Imagine having Harvin, Jackson, Curtis, Westbrook and Booker lining up on the field at the same time :eek:. He is compared to Reggie Bush and Peter Warrick in terms of gameplay style and I really think that Harvin would be a great fit for the offense wether it be at RB or WR.

Everyone Thinks of the Eagles RB as a strong point on the team and they are right but next season could be different. Tony Hunt could very well lose his spot on the roster to Ryan Moats. Ryan Moats and Corell Buckhalter are going to be FA next year so reinforcements are going to be needed. The 2 I really want on the Eagles are DeMarco Murray (Oklahoma) and Mike Goodson (Texas A&M).

I like the first four picks, otherwise, I know very little about the players as propects, so I will not comment of the mock.

Abiamiri is our Justin Tuck, once he comes back we are set with Parker and Clemons at LE. Howard has looked real good and has made plays, he may not have long left here, but we have Bryan Smith as one of the backups to Cole. If we only carry 5 DEs, we are set there as well. McDougle once again is on the chopping block.

I like Harvin, but I really don't think he is the #1 the Eagles are looking for. We already have the WR/RB guy in Booker, we don't need two of them.

Hunt will not lose his roster spot, Moats is not going to make the team this year, he just hasn't done enough. I think the Eagles will attempt to re-sign Bucky, but if not, with Booker and Hunt, it is also not a thing to worry about.

Did you create saer? GE 77 thinks so and after looking at both of the two profiles, there are some striking resemblences.

eaglesfan_45
08-03-2008, 02:12 AM
who? (10 char)

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2008, 10:54 AM
The guy is saer. He writes a lot like you do, and likes the Sacramento Kings and the Eagles, just like you. You can say if it is you, its just dumb to have two usernames if you ask me.

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Walterfootball has a 2009 and 2010 mock draft up and the picks are-

Rd.1
Ciron Black LT LSU
Myron Rolle SS FSU
Rd.2
Greg Middleton DE Indiana
Rd.3
Aaron Kelly WR Clemson

Rd.1
Anthony Davis LT/RT/LG/RG Rutgers

I I were to do it, it would be (based on who's still on the board)

2009-
Ciron Black
William Moore
Derrick Williams
Travis Beckum

Carlos Dunlap

I have no problem with the Anthony Davis pick but 2 OT in the top 15 picks in a row? Andy Reid isn't that dumb (I hope). They had the Eagles picking at #6 in 2010.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2008, 07:04 AM
I do not like Rolle, I am one of the many who in not really in favor of him, but Black is a good pick, I prefer Monroe, but that is just me. I will not comment on the 2010 pick, as I know literally nothing about him, or almost any other 2010 prospect for that matter. Derrick Williams would have to show a lot this year for me to truly want him as an Eagle. He has plenty of athletic ability yes, but he hasn't shown enough to develop into a #1 in college, let alone the NFL. Beckum is a manchild, I am a big fan of him.

eaglesfan_45
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I think it is time for the Eagles to get a new K, Akers just doesn't seem like his former self.

Also tonight it was painfully apparent that the Eagles need WR help. DeSean is playing amazingly but he can't do it all. Kevin Curtis couldn't catch a thing, Reggie Brown is out indefinitely and Baskett isn't physical enough for a guy his size.

I really want the Eagles to either get Micheal Crabtree, Kenny Britt or Brian Robiskie

eaglesalltheway
08-15-2008, 06:23 AM
I think it is time for the Eagles to get a new K, Akers just doesn't seem like his former self.

Also tonight it was painfully apparent that the Eagles need WR help. DeSean is playing amazingly but he can't do it all. Kevin Curtis couldn't catch a thing, Reggie Brown is out indefinitely and Baskett isn't physical enough for a guy his size.

I really want the Eagles to either get Micheal Crabtree, Kenny Britt or Brian Robiskie

Give Akers time, its the preseason, the conditions were poor, and it wasn't like it was a chip shot to begin with. Akers has looked great except for that one miss. Don't forget last week, kickoff went soaring out of the endzone, and he had a FG, didn't miss any. I was saying in another thread, Richmond McGee could make it in the NFL as a kicker, maybe he would be the fill-in. Rocca looked great last night though.
The Eagles do need WR help, but it will only help them if they get that true dominant #1 WR, another #2 is not going to do much, and a #3 may not even make the team. But our WRs are fine. Once again, this game really isn't going to tell us much because of the condidtions. If Reggie is out for long that will ddefinitely hurt, but Baskett and Avant are capable fill-ins. Why so pessimistic?

eaglesfan_45
08-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Those 2 posistions were needs before last night, but last night really sold it for me. The WRs looked atrocious out there, Kevin Curtis was dropping the football like it was nobodies buisness. Hank Baskett was looking bad, he isn't physical enough, he lets guys take him out of plays and he let a perfectly thrown ball bounce of his helmet, Kolb placed that perfectly and he would have been gone for a big gain. Jason Avant is good but he isn't ever going to be anything more than a #2 or a #3 guy. Reggie Brown has been a bust for us out there so far and now he is nursing 2 injuries. I am not ruling the group out, they just havn't impressed me in the 2 pre-season games.

DeSean Jackson on the other hand... I think he will challenge Reggie Brown for that #2 spot very soon (now). DeSean was the best reciever out there and he wasn't even wearing gloves out there in all that rain. DeSean has set the standard for the Eagles WR this pre-season and no one else is even coming close to his level.

David Akers, is getting older as you know. He is aging like milk, instead of fine wine. He was 16.7% in the 40-49 yd range and 25% in the 50+ yd range last season. He hasn't kicked over 80% in 3 years. I don;t care about conditions, weather is part of football, regardless of the weather you still need to get it done. The backup K/P Richmond McGee nailed a 40 yarder in those same conditions, so.... The Eagles need a replacement this offseason.

Sniper
08-15-2008, 09:23 PM
2009-
Ciron Black
William Moore
Derrick Williams
Travis Beckum

If the Eagles would draft Derrick Williams at any time before round 5, I would likely quit being an Eagles fan. The guy couldn't even crack 10 ypc last year. He's a joke. If he wouldn't have been the Rivals #1 player in 05, no one would give two shits about him. He's a poor man's DeSean Jackson

eaglesfan_45
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM
So here are my thoughts for the Eagles 2009 Draft a few weeks ahead of the regular season-

QB- I would like to get a guy to groom as Kolb's #2 who is destined to be his back-up forever.

RB- I think that the Eagles might benifit from getting a RB, Corell Buckhalter is going into FA and Ryan Moats is probably going to be released. Maybe a Undrafted FA or a late round pick for a RB.

WR- One of my biggest needs for the Eagles, They really need a young complement to DeSean Jackson, so the Eagles could be set at #1 and #2 for a long time and for the first time.

TE- Depends on how LJ Smith performs, if he does badly, I would want to bring in a 3rd-4th round guy. If he does well, bring him back.

LT- With Herramens and Dunlap doing really well this pre-season I think the need for a LT is smaller. But, I still want a second round or third round guy as insurance.

RT- Absolutely no need for a RT. So many guys on the Eagles team can play RT that it isn't funny. Shawn Andrews, Mike McGlynn, Mike Gibson, Winston Justice, Todd Herramens and King Dunlap.

OG- Bring in 1 more OG because one (if not more) of the OG's is likely moving out to OT next year.

C- No, bring in some UDFA to challenge Nick Cole.

DE- Only if the Eagles lose Darren Howard and Jerome McDougle would I be happy with the Eagles taking a late round guy, I think the Eagles are stacked at this posistion.

DT- NO WAY would I tolerate Andy Reid drafting a DT in the first 4 rounds of the draft. There really isn't a 4th guy so a late rounder is possible.

LB- Just need some depth.

CB- No, the Eagles are stacked, especially since Jack Ikegwounu will be back.

S- Yes to SS maybe to FS, preferably I'd like to get a guy who can play both *cough* William Moore *cough* but with Quintin Demps looking to be a decent option at FS I think the Eagles could afford to move their intrests to a SS. Get a de[th pick at FS.

K- Yes, David Akers is getting old and is not the K he once was
P- Sav Rocca is 35 so maybe

Heres a mock I threw together-

1st- Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech- Forms 1-2 Puch of the future with DeSean
1st- Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech- Is a SS but can play FS and has played CB before
2nd- Andrew Gardener OT Georgia Tech- A back-up plan at LT
3rd- Curtis Taylor FS LSU- Depth pick, behind Quintin Demps
4th- Ed Dickson TE Oregon- Brent Celek's back-up
5th- Chase Daniel QB Missouri- Gutsy guy that most want on their team
5th- Ramon Foster OG/T Tennesee- plays RT in college but will have to move to G
6th- Phillip Hunt LB/DE Houston- The Eagles like to move DEs to SLB and Hunt has the athleticism
6th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest- David Akers replacement
7th- Ernest Mitchell, DT, Arkansas- the 4th DT for the Eagles

UDFA-
Brendan Scott RB Abeline Christian- Rushed for 35 TDs last season will be 25 when drafted. Good Reciever out of the backfield.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Those 2 posistions were needs before last night, but last night really sold it for me. The WRs looked atrocious out there, Kevin Curtis was dropping the football like it was nobodies buisness. Hank Baskett was looking bad, he isn't physical enough, he lets guys take him out of plays and he let a perfectly thrown ball bounce of his helmet, Kolb placed that perfectly and he would have been gone for a big gain. Jason Avant is good but he isn't ever going to be anything more than a #2 or a #3 guy. Reggie Brown has been a bust for us out there so far and now he is nursing 2 injuries. I am not ruling the group out, they just havn't impressed me in the 2 pre-season games.

DeSean Jackson on the other hand... I think he will challenge Reggie Brown for that #2 spot very soon (now). DeSean was the best reciever out there and he wasn't even wearing gloves out there in all that rain. DeSean has set the standard for the Eagles WR this pre-season and no one else is even coming close to his level.

David Akers, is getting older as you know. He is aging like milk, instead of fine wine. He was 16.7% in the 40-49 yd range and 25% in the 50+ yd range last season. He hasn't kicked over 80% in 3 years. I don;t care about conditions, weather is part of football, regardless of the weather you still need to get it done. The backup K/P Richmond McGee nailed a 40 yarder in those same conditions, so.... The Eagles need a replacement this offseason.

Once again, I think you are overreacting to one game. Curtis had some drops yes, but conditions do matter, especially for a WR, it doesn't take rocket sciensce to figure that out. Kepp in mind Curtis also had a ton of very good catches on Friday too. Also about Baskett, the guy is physical and has shown it, there are plays where he doesn't show it, and apparently you don't pay attention to those. Reggie has been coming along throughout his career, and like I was saying before and Reid backed it, Reggie has had his best off-season of his career. He is usually good for just below 1000 yards a season, don't rule him out yet.

I agree DeSean can challenge for the #2, but I doubt the coaches give him the opportunity. A player really has to show a lot to see PT as a rookie under AR, let alone win a starting job. I think DeSean could take over the position during the season, but AR has a history of not letting players lose their jobs in the pre-season to rookies. Earliest I see DeSean taking over the #2 WR spot is week 4, if he even does this year.

I agree we need to start looking for a replacement for Akers, and maybe the Eagles already have. McGee looked pretty good in TC, still Akers was outperforming him, but he was at an insurance company or something like that before the Eagles signed him. He may not be what the Eagles are looking for, but I think he would work OK in an emergency. Like I said before, he is good enough to be a kicker in the NFL. He has plenty of leg strength, he needs to work on accuracy though.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 07:14 AM
So here are my thoughts for the Eagles 2009 Draft a few weeks ahead of the regular season-

QB- I would like to get a guy to groom as Kolb's #2 who is destined to be his back-up forever.

RB- I think that the Eagles might benifit from getting a RB, Corell Buckhalter is going into FA and Ryan Moats is probably going to be released. Maybe a Undrafted FA or a late round pick for a RB.

WR- One of my biggest needs for the Eagles, They really need a young complement to DeSean Jackson, so the Eagles could be set at #1 and #2 for a long time and for the first time.

TE- Depends on how LJ Smith performs, if he does badly, I would want to bring in a 3rd-4th round guy. If he does well, bring him back.

LT- With Herramens and Dunlap doing really well this pre-season I think the need for a LT is smaller. But, I still want a second round or third round guy as insurance.

RT- Absolutely no need for a RT. So many guys on the Eagles team can play RT that it isn't funny. Shawn Andrews, Mike McGlynn, Mike Gibson, Winston Justice, Todd Herramens and King Dunlap.

OG- Bring in 1 more OG because one (if not more) of the OG's is likely moving out to OT next year.

C- No, bring in some UDFA to challenge Nick Cole.

DE- Only if the Eagles lose Darren Howard and Jerome McDougle would I be happy with the Eagles taking a late round guy, I think the Eagles are stacked at this posistion.

DT- NO WAY would I tolerate Andy Reid drafting a DT in the first 4 rounds of the draft. There really isn't a 4th guy so a late rounder is possible.

LB- Just need some depth.

CB- No, the Eagles are stacked, especially since Jack Ikegwounu will be back.

S- Yes to SS maybe to FS, preferably I'd like to get a guy who can play both *cough* William Moore *cough* but with Quintin Demps looking to be a decent option at FS I think the Eagles could afford to move their intrests to a SS. Get a de[th pick at FS.

K- Yes, David Akers is getting old and is not the K he once was
P- Sav Rocca is 35 so maybe.

Here is how I see it...

QB. Not a pressing need at all. McNAbb is looking good, but if he leaves we have Kolb and Feeley here yet. We will need to fill the third string QB spot, but we won't need to spend more than a 5th rounder on one, even if Donovan leaves. Feeley is still relatively young and knows the system well. I would be fine with him as the backup to Kolb for 2 or three years.

RB. Also not too big of a need. We have Westy, his future replacement in Lobo, and Bucky and Hunt. At least one of the last two will be on the team next year. If Hunt shows more promise, the Eagles may let Bucky go in FA, but if not, the Eagles will re-sign him, he is a coaches favorite and has been great when healthy. If Bucky gets another injury though, and Hunt doesn't perform well, then I could see the Eagles using a later round pick on a RB.

FB. We could definitley use more competition here. Luckily the FB isn't too impoortant in our WCO, but I could see a late-round UDFA FB being brought in again next year.

WR. Could be one of the biggest needs come draft time, but right now is not. DeSean looks promising, Curtis is inconsistent, but it is only the pre-season. If he has another season like last year there is not much to worry about at WR. Brown has looked great in practices, but because of injuries has not seen the field much. If he can do this season what he did in practice, we will have hree very good WR. Avant has been Avant, not flashy, but consistent. Will undoubtedly make some sort of impact in the slot. Baskett has looked good this off-season as well and will be a big red-zone threat. If GLew makes the team, we will have a WR who consistently grabs first downs. But if these guys underperform we could se a very early pick spent here. This is a positoion that could either be a first round need or not needed at all. Only the season will tell us how it should go.

TE. If LJ can stay healthy, and him and Donovan make a lot of good plays, keep him, but if LJ gets injured or plays poorly, I say we let him go. Celek has shown a lot of good things so far in his career, but not enough to have confidence that he could potentially take over the #1 TE spot. Also a position that could either be a need early or not at all, depending on the season.

LT. Herremans and Dunlap have looked very good so far, and we all know that Tra won't be here much longer. But Herremans is best suited for RT IMO, and at this point Dunlap looks very good, but he hasn't shown enough for me to be confident in him as the futre LT. This is arguably our biggest need right now, though it has been diminished. This could easily be addressed n the first round.

RT. With Runyan not long for the locker room anymore, his spot will need to be filled soon. There are three linemen who could potentially succeed him and be successful. Herremans, Andrews, and Justice. I see Herremans taking this over in time, so I don't think it is much of a need. McGlynn could go in at RT, as could Gibson, but Dunlap is a LT through and through. He is more of a finesse linemen, and his game is suited for LT, and LT only . He doesn't have the mauler in him to play RT. Watch him play and you will agree with me. Not much of a need.

OG. Depending on the situation, this could not be a need at all or could be a moderate need. We have MJG who can play either G spot, and McGlynn is a good looking rookie. Gibson is battling to make the team and may be IRed. The only way I see this as being pressing is if the coaches decide to put both Herremans and Andrews on the Tackle positions. In which case, MJG will take over RG, and there will be a battle for LG. I haven't seen enough of McGlynn to say If I would be confident with him as a starter, but it is a possibility if this situation were to arise. Still though, the situation I see happening is Herremans takes over one of the T positions (most likely RT) and MJG is the new LG. Could be a mid round pick

C. Not a need at all. Jackson is a great C in the NFL who had a down year last year, but even so, was solid at times. Cole is a solid backup as well, plus offers versatility as a G, and plays some short yardage FB:). Maybe a UDFA, but that is it.

DE. IF Howard is cut and McDougle let go, then this may be a need, we will most likely need a RDE prospect, but Bryan Smith looks to be the future there, so not much of a need. Late round need, if at all.

DT. A bigger need than you would think. Klecko has looked quick and explosive, but there is no reason he should be making this team. Another DT could be used for solid backup. I could easily see a 4th rounder being used on a DT.

LB. Starters are set, and we have two backups that are solid in Mays and Jordan. Studebaker is showing tons of promise as well, this may not even be neeeded at all. Late rounds, if at all.

CB. This could be a need if Lito is gone in the off-season, even if he stays. Right now we only have 4 CBs worthy of a roster spot, the big three and Hanson. If Ike comes back healthy and as talented as he is billed this may not be a need, but if he comes back and disapoints, or if Lito is traded, CB could be a 3rd round to 7th round need.

S. Also arguably our biggest need. Dawk may be in his last year, and though Demps has shown lots of promise, we can't be sure yet, and Q has looked great, but is he really what we want. No matter what happens, S will be an early pick next year, whether it be at SS or FS. First or second rounder

K. Defintiely a need. Akers is showing age and losinga bit. (even before last year) A late rounder or UDFA could be spent on a K next year.

P. Rocca has looked great so far, but age is a factor. I don't see a need yet, but I could see a UDFA brought in for competition.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Heres a mock I threw together-

1st- Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech- Forms 1-2 Puch of the future with DeSean
1st- Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech- Is a SS but can play FS and has played CB before
2nd- Andrew Gardener OT Georgia Tech- A back-up plan at LT
3rd- Curtis Taylor FS LSU- Depth pick, behind Quintin Demps
4th- Ed Dickson TE Oregon- Brent Celek's back-up
5th- Chase Daniel QB Missouri- Gutsy guy that most want on their team
5th- Ramon Foster OG/T Tennesee- plays RT in college but will have to move to G
6th- Phillip Hunt LB/DE Houston- The Eagles like to move DEs to SLB and Hunt has the athleticism
6th- Sam Swank K Wake Forest- David Akers replacement
7th- Ernest Mitchell, DT, Arkansas- the 4th DT for the Eagles

UDFA-
Brendan Scott RB Abeline Christian- Rushed for 35 TDs last season will be 25 when drafted. Good Reciever out of the backfield.

I could definitley see a situation like this panning out, however, I find it more likely that we go LT before WR in the first round. TE also may be addressed earlier. You seem to have more confidence in Celek than I do though, and I have more confidence in the WRs than you. I like Daniel as a college player, but I don't really like him for the Eagles. He is mobile and has the heart of a chmpion, that everyone likes about him, but I don't know why, I am just not a big fan of his. I could see CB being taken here though, for the reasons in the post above. The rest is OK, but I don't think Hunt would be much of an upgrade over Studey, so ehhh. Kicker, yes, also yes on DT, I could see DT going earlier though for sure.

eaglesalltheway
10-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Well after a few weeks I got to say this would be my ideal draft for the Eagles for the first two rounds...
1a. Any of the topf three OTs, personnally, I prefer Eugene Monroe, but doubt he would fall to us.
1b. William Moore. I am sick and only got to see the first half of last nights game, but in his other games he has looked great and is living up to the billing as the #1 Safety.
2. Chase Coffman. Every time I watch him he is impressive. He is one of those guys like Jason Witten that doesn't have any one physical attribute that sticks out, but his overall body strength and agility is amazing.

More realistic first two rounds:
1a. William Moore. Would have to use our first pick on him because he is going to go too early.
1b. Either Jamon Meredith or Jason (uhhh) OT for Baylor. Jamon Meredith looks like he will be a very solid O-linemen in the NFL and he looks like he could play anywhere on our line. I haven't seen Jason ____ play yet but he is supposedly very athletic and could be a potential LT.
2. Chase Coffman. I really like him and with neither of our TEs stepping up I think we will need to go TE early in the draft.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't know how much of a need SS is right now. Mikell has been really good so far. Actually, the only starter that's been average on defense has been Gocong, and that's because he doesn't fit a 4-3. That being said, I wouldn't mind drafting a SS. You could have Mikell start for a year or two and have the rookie (Kam Chancellor?) provide much needed depth at the safety spot seeing as how Dawkins is likely gone.

However, besides OT, TE might be the biggest need. LJ Smith should be gone, and while Celek is good, I think he fits the bill of a #2 TE, and not a #1. A nice field-stretcher/safety valve would be good.

eaglesalltheway
10-06-2008, 06:32 AM
I don't know how much of a need SS is right now. Mikell has been really good so far. Actually, the only starter that's been average on defense has been Gocong, and that's because he doesn't fit a 4-3. That being said, I wouldn't mind drafting a SS. You could have Mikell start for a year or two and have the rookie (Kam Chancellor?) provide much needed depth at the safety spot seeing as how Dawkins is likely gone.

However, besides OT, TE might be the biggest need. LJ Smith should be gone, and while Celek is good, I think he fits the bill of a #2 TE, and not a #1. A nice field-stretcher/safety valve would be good.

I doubt we go SS early in the draft, but we may draft one relatively early as Considine is in his final year of his contract if I remember correctly. Moore is a FS but could play SS with his versatility, but would be best suited for FS role, which is where we could use him. Gocong has been slightly above arevage if you ask me, he is becoming a monster in the run game right now and is improving in his pass rush. His weakness is his coverage but he is the first LB out in passing situations.

I agree that TE is gradually becoming the second or third biggest need behind Safety and O-line. I only say O-line because Herremans can play either tackle and Andrews could play RT. If that is the case, we may be looking for a Guard, depending on what the coaching staff thinks of MJG and McGlynn. But LJ has been unimpressive, and Celek doesn't look like a future starter. A lot of you guys have been high on Celek, but he never really showed me enough to have the trust in him to be a starter, and I think some of you may be coming around on that.

renegade
10-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Ciron Black OT LSU- Top OT prospect from LSU. Black is similar to William Thomas clone without the injury issues. Black is a mauler in the run game and dominates in one of the toughest divisions in college football, the SEC. He is a proto-type LT at 6’5” and 325 lbs. He’s athletic for his size and he plays mean, I think that he could be the best OT in the draft. The reason he might fall is because there are a ton of OT prospects in the draft: more than it has had in recent memory, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Ciron Andre Smith, and Jason Smith. But all physical tools aside, while doing research on him I stumbled across a story… I just gained a ton of respect for Ciron Black and I would be proud to call him a Philadelphia Eagle.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ciron010508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just read it, Ciron Black is now one of my favorite prospects in this draft, Extremely high character guy.

Diyral Briggs Briggs is only about 6’ 4” 230 pounds, so he might be converted to outside linebacker. After the first two games, He led the nation with 5 sacks and ranked 2nd in the nation with 5.5 TFLs with an additional 3 quarterback hurries after only two games. He did this against some solid teams, he recorded 2 sacks in Bowling Green’s stunning upset over Pitt in week one and against Minnesota he recorded 3 more sacks. Briggs is very strong and explosive and is definitely a sleeper pick and someone to keep an eye on.

-----------------------------
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081001/SPORTS/810010390/1075

Dedrick Epps, a name to remember

------------------------------------------
Carson Butler TE Michigan has all the physical tools in the world but he can't keep his head on straight. He was ejected from the Notre Dame game for throwing punches, he and a teamate attacked a random person and now face assault charges, and was actually kicked off the Michigan team last year. He is only starting today because of injuries, he is on thin ice. He was buried behind Mike Massey and Kevin Koger.

He is super athletic though and if he wasn't crazy, he would be a top TE and he would blow-up at the combine.
Here is what he is capable of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek
skip to 1:48, he outruns the entire Florida Gator Defense.

---------------------
I watched the Florida St. and North Carolina St. game and I came away impressed with a few people.

Antone Smith RB Florida St. Sr.- Never lived up to his hype but he is doing so now and making noise. In the NFL I think that he could become a good situational/3rd down RB.

Andre Brown RB North Carolina St. SR.- He has always been a top player but he always seems to get injured which is why his stock is so low. He has good wiggle and good power, and if he can stay healthy, he could be an every down RB in the NFL.

Alan-Michael Cash DT North Carolina St. Jr.- I never heard of him until last the game and now... I think this guy is the best thing since sliced bread. He is undersized at 6'3" and 288 lbs. He is a force in the middle of the defense however. He is mean and nasty, he gets a good push up the middle and stuffs the run. IMO he could be a good player in the NFL and he should continue the tradition of good lineman from NC State.

Willie Young DE North Carolina St. Jr.- He is a virtual clone of Manny Lawson who was chosen in the 1st round a few years back. He is tall and lanky (6'5" 243 lbs.) but he is athletic and is a good pass rusher and I was suprised to see that he plays the run well.

Corey Surrency- I have seen what he is capable of and he is crazy athletic. The only issue is that he has trouble beating the press which could have something to do with that. He is inconsitent as well, exploding the first 2 games and then not collecting any stats at all the next 2 week. He has since leveled off but isn't putting up monster numbers anymore.

If he is going to play with the big boys he's going to need to hit the weight room. He also doesn't seem like an intelligent guy, I watched an interview with him and he sure doesn't come off as the sharpest tack in the box.

But regardless the man is a freak of nature, just one freak level below Calvin Johnson and Matt Jones.

renegade
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Here are my notes from the Alabama v.s. Kentucky game:
Alabama v.s. Kentucky

LT Andre Smith #71- Beat to the outside (sack) by Williams early in the 1st, showing why scouts think he is a RT or OG.
He did get to the 2nd level on the TD run.
Wow, nice run blocking on that play took his man out out of the play and delayed another. Holding penalty, takes away a 1st down.

DT Terrence Cody #62- Wow, he is just huge compared to everyone else.
He makes the line-men look like Linebackers and then he got past his guy and got pressure on the QB.
Not really fast off the line, actually kind of sluggish will improve as he loses weight.
Got through the line and tackled his man from behind.
Great stop, just threw his blocker aside and was right there waiting for the RB (no gain).
Not making a difference at all in the 2nd half, he looks and plays tired again I think it has to do with the weight.

FS Rashad Johnson #49- Missed a tackle and allowed his man to get the 1st down
dragged the runner down not a good form tackle, Sean Considine-esque on that play.
Not really a good tackler he was being dragged around by the RB, looks like a CB.
Very good in coverage and he is a leader, Kentucky audible and everyone looked for him.
Great play in coverage knocking the ball away, pass interference.
Read the play very well. Another weak tackle, dragged him down and horse collar.
Same exact play next play and he is dragged into the endzone by Dicky Lyons who is only 5’10” and 183 lbs.
Nearly had a pick, read it nicely but then let the WR make the catch.
Read another play very nicely and would have made a play had the WR caught it, forced the INT.
Very fast and reads plays well and has good closing speed but he seems to be hesitant against the run.

QB John Parker Wilson #14- Throw would have been intercepted had Julio Jones not made a great catch.
Underthrew the WR, would be TD.
Julio Jones bails him out for the 2nd time.
Nick Walker bailed him out, should’ve been an INT,
Not playing well.
Nice roll out and good throw to Nick Walker with pressure in his face.
Had his pass tipped by Pryor.
Another should be INT, I’m not liking what I see from him,
Picked off.
Yet another should be pick!
Overthrew Jones.
9:42 4th quarter 1st completion of the second half but the throw was good he thread the needle to Jones.
Tripped on his drop-back.

WR Julio Jones #8 (Fr.)- Super Athletic,
great catch and then he keeps his balance and goes for about 3-4 extra yards, he just snatched that ball away, called back on illegal formation.
He bailed JPW out, he snagged that one out of the air.
Amazing! He caught the ball, stayed in bounds and battled with Lindley, great hustle at the end.
Looks like Calvin Johnson V.2 out there. He will be great IMO.
Runs great routes, looks like a Veteran out there.
Another amazing play, jumped up and snagged it away from Lindley on the sidelines and then stays inbounds and gets 5-6 extra yards, called back.
Man-beast. Was overthrown and jammed at the line but he was about 1 inch away from making the catch.
Another good catch.

RB Glen Coffee #38- Great run, showed good speed he outran Lindley. O-line blocked great on that play and Coffee looked like a ZBS RB, 1 cut and go, 78 yard TD.
Good run from their own goal-line got the 1st and the facemask penalty so a 25 yard play essentially.
Not really a power runner, not many yards after contact.
Fumble, Kentucky Recovers, his fault.
Very fast, change of pace back in the NFL?
Nice catch and YAC.
Very quick in and out of cuts but again he doesn’t do well with contact.
Good burst through the line, showing great acceleration today.
Finally showed some power!
Another good burst through the line.
Playing better in the 4th bouncing off tackles and pushing tacklers back on initial contact getting that extra yard.
On 4th-1 he spun off the tackler and bounced the run outside and got the 1st down dragging 2 defenders with him.
Now he is showing power again knocking tacklers backwards.
Big play great vision, great cut and then he is 1 defender away from the TD and he fumbled it and it rolled out of bounds he was very lucky on that play.

Mark Ingram RB #22(Fr.)- Great power and speed, and a sick juke move, big run play.
Stuffed at the line and seemed to give-up (a loss).
Follows it up with an 8 yard swing play.
Runs with good power playing better than Coffee IMO.
He gets the tough yards, great at breaking tackles.

K Leigh Tiffin #99- 35 yards, missed.
Missed XP, gets 2nd try (penalty offsides),
game winning FG he is 0-2 thus far and he nails it.

Kentucky-
CB Trevard Lindley #32- batted that pass away from Jones.
Has been sticking with him but Jones is just too good, nothing against Lindley just Jones is the ideal WR.
Nearly Picked off JPW again.
Jammed Jones at the line and forced the incomplete pass

DE Jeremy Jarmon #99- Missed tackle on #4, would have been TFL,
not really making an impact

DT Myron Pryor #98- Being held at bay, no difference thus far.
Tipped JPW’s pass.
Sack, very good penetration shows his athletic ability.
Having a good game, got into a groove in that second quarter.
Pressure forced the throw away and the near INT.
He is a force in the middle, not allowing himself to be pushed off the line.
Mike Patterson-esque player.

WR Dicky Lyons #12- I like that kid, he took a huge hit and just popped up.
Very productive and fast, apparently he is a leader on the team and they all like him.
Great play, nice run after the catch and shows some power dragging Rashad Johnson about 3 yards into the endzone.

Sniper
10-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Carson Butler TE Michigan has all the physical tools in the world but he can't keep his head on straight. He was ejected from the Notre Dame game for throwing punches, he and a teamate attacked a random person and now face assault charges, and was actually kicked off the Michigan team last year. He is only starting today because of injuries, he is on thin ice. He was buried behind Mike Massey and Kevin Koger.

He is super athletic though and if he wasn't crazy, he would be a top TE and he would blow-up at the combine.
Here is what he is capable of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek
skip to 1:48, he outruns the entire Florida Gator Defense.

No....just no. He's the worst blocking TE I've ever seen.

eaglesalltheway
10-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Ciron Black OT LSU- Top OT prospect from LSU. Black is similar to William Thomas clone without the injury issues. Black is a mauler in the run game and dominates in one of the toughest divisions in college football, the SEC. He is a proto-type LT at 6’5” and 325 lbs. He’s athletic for his size and he plays mean, I think that he could be the best OT in the draft. The reason he might fall is because there are a ton of OT prospects in the draft: more than it has had in recent memory, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Ciron Andre Smith, and Jason Smith. But all physical tools aside, while doing research on him I stumbled across a story… I just gained a ton of respect for Ciron Black and I would be proud to call him a Philadelphia Eagle.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ciron010508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just read it, Ciron Black is now one of my favorite prospects in this draft, Extremely high character guy.

Wow, not much to say to that. I now share your admiration for him. I liked him a lot before as a player, but now knowing that, I like him just as much, if not more, as a person. Nice find. I like how his high school coach said his mom wanted him to decipline Ciron for not cleaning his room, that gave me a good smirk

renegade
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Wow, not much to say to that. I now share your admiration for him. I liked him a lot before as a player, but now knowing that, I like him just as much, if not more, as a person. Nice find. I like how his high school coach said his mom wanted him to decipline Ciron for not cleaning his room, that gave me a good smirk

Me too. I like what he brings to the table, a great LT on the field and a great person off of it, he is the type of guy that I'd like my team to be built around, high character guys.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Mike Patterson has been dissapointing this season? He had so much hype heading into the season because of his great season last year but he has yet to play up to his probowl billing thus far. While on the other hand Bunkley has been a force on the d-line, and personally I think he should move to UT where he is best suited to play, not NT. Instead of being a good NT he could be a great UT. I'm not saying down with Mike Patterson but, he just hasn't played up to my expectations thus far.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Me too. I like what he brings to the table, a great LT on the field and a great person off of it, he is the type of guy that I'd like my team to be built around, high character guys.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Mike Patterson has been dissapointing this season? He had so much hype heading into the season because of his great season last year but he has yet to play up to his probowl billing thus far. While on the other hand Bunkley has been a force on the d-line, and personally I think he should move to UT where he is best suited to play, not NT. Instead of being a good NT he could be a great UT. I'm not saying down with Mike Patterson but, he just hasn't played up to my expectations thus far.

When did Mike Patterson get Pro Bowl billing? He's a big part of a rush D that's been very good and he's getting pressure on the QB.

renegade
10-28-2008, 11:20 PM
When did Mike Patterson get Pro Bowl billing? He's a big part of a rush D that's been very good and he's getting pressure on the QB.

Alot of people were proclaiming him a "man-beast", "monster" etc. etc. and people claimed he was snuffed for the pro-bowl and since the Eagles had 5 nationally televised games he would finally get recognition on a national level and make the pro-bowl.

eaglesalltheway
10-29-2008, 06:22 AM

Patterson has played at a high level, he may not have high sack numbers and his tackles may not be as high as they were last year, but he has had a great season so far for a DT. You have to remember that stats are almost useless for DTs. It goes off of watching him play, and watching him, he is doing a very good job. That being said, it was the first game of the season, I think, where he had 10 total tackles, I may be thinking of something else though.

It is better to have Bunk as our NT than our UT. He has incredible power, both upper and lower body, and has decnet size for a 4-3 NT. With hsi strength, it almost makes him seem bigger to opposing linemen. I think if we had another DT who could be successful as a NT, (which Patterson can not) we could use Bunk as a UT, or 3 technique, where he wouldn't have to take on double teams as much, and thus, would make more impacts on the stat sheet. But we do not have a DT besides Bunk who could be successful at NT, and since Patterson is strictly a UT it is best for the defense due to the personell. As it is right now, Bunk is making a huge impact on games with seeing much in return for stats, he is giving opportuniteis to the rest of the defense, and if he is fine with that role, I see no reason to put him anywhere else.

renegade
11-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I have 2 names that I think are Eagles draft prospects.

Mark Parsons CB Ohio- If Lito were to go, then I would love to have Parsons. He reminds me of Sheldon Brown so much it is scary. Parsons is really good.

Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma- With Herramens and Andrews potentially moving out to OT, a hole will be opened up at OG and Robinson is the best OG in the country.

eaglesalltheway
11-08-2008, 07:26 AM
I don't know too much about Parsons, but Robinson is a monster in every sense of the word. I have been mentioning him as suggestions to some mock drafts and once I re-do my big board he is looking to move a litle higher...

I don't know where Parson's stock is, but if Lito is traded, we still have Jack Ike... I'll just stop there. He is on IR but is supposed to be a very promising CB. If Parsons is looked at as a thirs rounder or later, I say go for it. But even if Lito is gone next year, we have bigger needs than CB IMO, though I could see the Eagles taking one in round two if certain players are gone in the draft. (That is only if Lito is Traded though)

camp_eagles
11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Rashard Jennings Liberty- 6-1 230
the Big back everyone one wants with decent speed. He originally signed with PITT but transferred to be closer to home.
numbers this year carries:227 YRDS:1335 AVG:5.9 LNG:58 TDS:15

eaglesalltheway
11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Rashard Jennings Liberty- 6-1 230
the Big back everyone one wants with decent speed. He originally signed with PITT but transferred to be closer to home.
numbers this year carries:227 YRDS:1335 AVG:5.9 LNG:58 TDS:15

He seems like a possible late round prospect. What type of runner is he. Is he a bigger bak that prances, or a pounder?

cunningham06
11-12-2008, 06:40 PM
He seems like a possible late round prospect. What type of runner is he. Is he a bigger bak that prances, or a pounder?

Meaning is he a Ron Dayne, or a Steven Jackson?

renegade
11-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Jennings has played great thus far and now he is considered by most to be a fringe 2nd rounder.

Zyro_1014
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Meaning is he a Ron Dayne, or a Steven Jackson?

No Ron Daynes please, that fool was god awful to watch when he made it to the NFL, good god. Steven Jackson in an Eagles uni would be amazing! think of that! Westbrook and Jackson! :(

Kolb.for.the.win
11-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Taylor Mays

Alex Boone

Javon Ringer

Tyson jackson

Andre Smith

Jermey Maclin

Marcus Freeman

Michael Oher

Chris Wells

Vonte Davis

Derrick Williams

Micahel Crabtree

I think we will try to move up and get a top 3 or 5 pick. But all of these players will be targeted by the EAGLES

Zyro_1014
11-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Taylor Mays

Javon Ringer

why in the heck would we want Ringer?

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
why in the heck would we want Ringer?

I like Ringer, but more as a 3rd round pick or so. You can't argue with the production he has had. Sure it would be a better idea to get a RB early who could be the future or more of a stragiht up pounder, but I think Ringer could be a good back in the right situation in the NFL.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Alex Boone
Derrick Williams

I just threw up in my mouth. A lot.

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Taylor Mays

Alex Boone

Javon Ringer

Tyson jackson

Andre Smith

Jermey Maclin

Marcus Freeman

Michael Oher

Chris Wells

Vonte Davis

Derrick Williams

Micahel Crabtree

I think we will try to move up and get a top 3 or 5 pick. But all of these players will be targeted by the EAGLES
Welcome to the boards...

Many of those guys are great prospects when you consider where they should go. A few guys I don't like though... Alex Boone, Tyson Jackson, Marcus Freeman, (I like him but he doesn't have a fit in this defense) and, to a lesser extent, Derrick Williams.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I like Ringer, but more as a 3rd round pick or so. You can't argue with the production he has had. Sure it would be a better idea to get a RB early who could be the future or more of a stragiht up pounder, but I think Ringer could be a good back in the right situation in the NFL.

i just dont want to be the team that takes the chance on a guy who has carried it as much as he had this year.

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah but at least we know he can carry the workload for a year which is a positive. There really are a whole lot of ways to look at his situation. I see it as a positive, he has a lot of carries yes, but it really has only been for about a season and a half (including last year) he would come into a situation here where he would not have as many carries because of Westy and the tread would still be good, so to speak.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah but at least we know he can carry the workload for a year which is a positive. There really are a whole lot of ways to look at his situation. I see it as a positive, he has a lot of carries yes, but it really has only been for about a season and a half (including last year) he would come into a situation here where he would not have as many carries because of Westy and the tread would still be good, so to speak.

yeah idk, i would like to see Shonn Green but who knows if we would have a chance at him...

Menardo75
11-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Why did Hunt get let go in the first place? He was supposed to be the pounding RB was'nt he?

Sniper
11-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Why did Hunt get let go in the first place? He was supposed to be the pounding RB was'nt he?

Must...resist....correcting...spelling...

Hunt was let go because he runs soft and can't pass block. Not a good combo.

bsaza2358
11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Let's not forget his stone hands, inability to adjust to audibles, and his soft running also meaning he couldn't lead block.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Let's not forget his stone hands, inability to adjust to audibles, and his soft running also meaning he couldn't lead block.

You covered what I was going for. Thanks.

I remember asking "Why doesn't Hunt play more?". Then, in Dallas, he shuffled out to the right on a pass block nobody, leaving DeMarcus Ware all alone up the middle against McNabb. It didn't work out well.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 08:37 PM
You covered what I was going for. Thanks.

I remember asking "Why doesn't Hunt play more?". Then, in Dallas, he shuffled out to the right on a pass block nobody, leaving DeMarcus Ware all alone up the middle against McNabb. It didn't work out well.

that site scares the hell out of me. that usually doesnt end up to well for the QB....i do remember that play quite well

renegade
11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
that site scares the hell out of me. that usually doesnt end up to well for the QB....i do remember that play quite well

SIGHT! I hate to pull a Sniper but please, Basic Grammar and spelling skills.

Also, I want Shonn Green in the draft, that guy is a man beast who could become the Brandon Jacobs of our team.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 08:42 PM

I <33333333 you.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 08:44 PM

Also, I want Shonn Green in the draft, that guy is a man beast who could become the Brandon Jacobs of our team.

sorry about that sir.

did you see my earlier post about Green? would love that guy.

renegade
11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
I would also love to get Patrick Chung on the Eagles, he is very similar to Brian Dawkins in terms of size.

But in terms of playing style he is in a class that not many are in. He plays the run extremely well and at times seems like another WLB in the box, but he has the coverage abilities similar to those of a CB, in fact he is listed as a S/CB on Oregon's site I believe.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I want Taylor Mays...badly.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 10:18 PM

AMEN! the more SC guys the better! :)

renegade
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Ugh, please no.

Menardo75
11-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Ugh, please no.

Why not he is a younger more athletic Brian Dawkins.

Sniper
11-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Ugh, please no.

Dude, Mays is the man. He doesn't up pretty stats because they say "Taylor, you stay deep and cover any deep balls. The other guys will do the tackling and get all the pretty stats". Jim Johnson would turn Mays into a ******* animal.

Zyro_1014
11-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Dude, Mays is the man. He doesn't up pretty stats because they say "Taylor, you stay deep and cover any deep balls. The other guys will do the tackling and get all the pretty stats". Jim Johnson would turn Mays into a ******* animal.

Damn right he would. Seems like people dont watch USC enough to know how they use Mays. He is asked to play deep in that defense and hes great at what he does. He could be much more physical if they wanted him to be, but thats why they have Ellison.

Mays would look great in an Eagles Uni.

Menardo75
11-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Damn right he would. Seems like people dont watch USC enough to know how they use Mays. He is asked to play deep in that defense and hes great at what he does. He could be much more physical if they wanted him to be, but thats why they have Ellison.

He would be a way better niner :)

renegade
11-19-2008, 06:51 PM
There is a chance Mays might turn into a beast, but there is also a chance he won't be and the latter to me seems more likely. I would love to see what JJ could do with a 6'4" 230 pound safety with 4.5 speed. But I just don't like what I see, he doesn't give up big plays but he doesn't make any either. He doesn't tackle well, he is more of an ankle biter and whenever I see him he is outshined every time, he just doesn't stick out to me. He is largely average on the field. In the workout room he is a monster but I am hoping that the Eagles don't buy the hype. William Moore or Patrick Chung please.

Zyro_1014
11-19-2008, 06:57 PM
There is a chance Mays might turn into a beast, but there is also a chance he won't be and the latter to me seems more likely. I would love to see what JJ could do with a 6'4" 230 pound safety with 4.5 speed. But I just don't like what I see, he doesn't give up big plays but he doesn't make any either. He doesn't tackle well, he is more of an ankle biter and whenever I see him he is outshined every time, he just doesn't stick out to me. He is largely average on the field. In the workout room he is a monster but I am hoping that the Eagles don't buy the hype. William Moore or Patrick Chung please.

He's going to run faster that 4.5 thats what makes him so special. :) at that size with his speed, hes going to be a great NFL player.

Sniper
11-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Again, he doesn't get stats because no one throws deep on them. Ask Kevin Ellison how much he likes Mays. There's a big reason why SC has the #1 defense, and Mays plays a huge role in it.

renegade
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't mind having him but I would prefer to have Patrick Chung or William Moore. I am always weary of guys with great measurables, because alot of them don't pan out.

Zyro_1014
11-19-2008, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't mind having him but I would prefer to have Patrick Chung or William Moore. I am always weary of guys with great measurables, because alot of them don't pan out.

id imagine if both Moore and Mays are available we will end up with Moore, but thats unlikely.

renegade
11-19-2008, 07:09 PM
id imagine if both Moore and Mays are available we will end up with Moore, but thats unlikely.

I don't know, Moore has dropped his play quite a bit this year, and I think it could very well turn in to a Kenny Phillips type situation where he doesn't play up to expectations and falls into the lower half of the first round. Moore is still good though but he isn't playing like the ball hawk he was last year which is what set him apart from the other safties last year.

Zyro_1014
11-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't know, Moore has dropped his play quite a bit this year, and I think it could very well turn in to a Kenny Phillips type situation where he doesn't play up to expectations and falls into the lower half of the first round. Moore is still good though but he isn't playing like the ball hawk he was last year which is what set him apart from the other safties last year.

well good! i like mays more :)

CantStopGregJones
11-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Would the Eagles trade up for one of the Top 3 offensive tackles or Michael Crabtree???

Sniper
11-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Would the Eagles trade up for one of the Top 3 offensive tackles or Michael Crabtree???

Probably on one of the 3 OT, probably not on a WR.

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:17 AM
I would also love to get Patrick Chung on the Eagles, he is very similar to Brian Dawkins in terms of size.

But in terms of playing style he is in a class that not many are in. He plays the run extremely well and at times seems like another WLB in the box, but he has the coverage abilities similar to those of a CB, in fact he is listed as a S/CB on Oregon's site I believe.

I too am a big fan of Patrick Chung, he has been looking more impressive to me with every week. He would probably end up as a SS here though, and Mikell has shown that SS isn't a pressing need right now. In a few years maybe, but Mikell has that spot hammered out for the near future IMO.

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Dude, Mays is the man. He doesn't (put?) up pretty stats because they say, "Taylor, you stay deep and cover any deep balls. The other guys will do the tackling and get all the pretty stats." (Periods go inside quotations) Jim Johnson would turn Mays into a ******* animal.

You disapoint me Sniper...

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:27 AM

I used to be like renegade, but then I realized that he isn't going to be the type of player I wanted him to be at USC because of how they are using him. Once I realized that, I came to respect the way he plays and think he could be a great player for us.

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM

If that is the case, we could get our O-linemen or Gresham with our pick and then go for Moore with Carolina's pick...

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Probably on one of the 3 OT, probably not on a WR.

We also may move up a bit if the Eagles think that Robinson will go in the top 0, which isn't a given right now, but with him being a great prospect, anything is possible if the teams line up right in the draft order.

Zyro_1014
11-22-2008, 04:43 PM
If that is the case, we could get our O-linemen or Gresham with our pick and then go for Moore with Carolina's pick...

i could dig that for sure! :)

renegade
11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I used to be like renegade, but then I realized that he isn't going to be the type of player I wanted him to be at USC because of how they are using him. Once I realized that, I came to respect the way he plays and think he could be a great player for us.

Eh, he is just not my favorite draft eligible safety. Yeah, he doesn't give up the big play but he doesn't make any either. With a round 1 pick, I want a guy who is going to make plays. I just don't think he is going to have a true fit in the NFL, to big for FS and not tough enough for SS or LB. Plus on the Eagles the FS has to be a difference maker in coverage and in the run game, and Mays is neither. Mays is terrible against the run and that is just sad for a guy of his size. A guy with that combination of size/speed should have players terrified to run routes over the middle, hit like a truck and make plays, but he doesn't. I see a big time workout warrior, not a big time player in Taylor Mays.

I wish he would be given more freedom at SC so that I could grasp what he is capable of, but for now all I see is the ankle biter who doesn't give-up plays but doesn't make any either.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
i could dig that for sure! :)

That is a dream scenario, but you can't expect it to work out like that, and even if it would, you can't expect the team to do it...haha.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Eh, he is just not my favorite draft eligible safety. Yeah, he doesn't give up the big play but he doesn't make any either. With a round 1 pick, I want a guy who is going to make plays. I just don't think he is going to have a true fit in the NFL, to big for FS and not tough enough for SS or LB. Plus on the Eagles the FS has to be a difference maker in coverage and in the run game, and Mays is neither. Mays is terrible against the run and that is just sad for a guy of his size. A guy with that combination of size/speed should have players terrified to run routes over the middle, hit like a truck and make plays, but he doesn't. I see a big time workout warrior, not a big time player in Taylor Mays.

I wish he would be given more freedom at SC so that I could grasp what he is capable of, but for now all I see is the ankle biter who doesn't give-up plays but doesn't make any either.

I completely understand your viewpoint, you aren't alone, its just that we have different opinions... The only real way to know is once they are in the NFL.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Eh, he is just not my favorite draft eligible safety. Yeah, he doesn't give up the big play but he doesn't make any either.

Hard to make plays when no one throws near you.

With a round 1 pick, I want a guy who is going to make plays. I just don't think he is going to have a true fit in the NFL, to big for FS and not tough enough for SS or LB. Plus on the Eagles the FS has to be a difference maker in coverage and in the run game, and Mays is neither.

He most certainly is a difference maker in coverage, and if he didn't line up 20 yards off the LOS and then drop 10 more on the snap, he'd be a run stuffer. For the last time, he is specifically told to cover anything deep and let everyone else worry about the shorter stuff. It's not because he sucks at the run D, it's because his range is absurd, much like LaRon Landry.

Mays is terrible against the run and that is just sad for a guy of his size. A guy with that combination of size/speed should have players terrified to run routes over the middle, hit like a truck and make plays, but he doesn't.

Officially slamming my head on the table. And you realize no one ever throws near Mays?

I see a big time workout warrior, not a big time player in Taylor Mays.

Understand the concept of a Cover 1 deep safety, and we'll talk.

I wish he would be given more freedom at SC so that I could grasp what he is capable of

Why would SC give him more freedom? What he does works so well for the team.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow sniper, what did you bet for the Michigan, OSU game? I kind of pity you right now...haha.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow sniper, what did you bet for the Michigan, OSU game? I kind of pity you right now...haha.

Yup, lost to JBond.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Yup, lost to JBond.

What did you bet on though, I don't feel like looking it up in the thread...

Sniper
11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
What did you bet on though, I don't feel like looking it up in the thread...

The Game. It'd sure be nice to win one of those some time soon.

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 07:41 AM
The Game. It'd sure be nice to win one of those some time soon.

Eww, you bet Michigan would win? What were you thinking?

Sniper
11-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Eww, you bet Michigan would win? What were you thinking?

I was thinking Michigan is my team.

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 08:44 AM
I was thinking Michigan is my team.

Understood, but I honestly saw no way they won that game. I guess a stupid sig bet really isn't that important anyway.

You seem to be in a really negative mood right now Sniper. Is it the combined failures of the Eagles and Michigan?

Also, you shot right up to 15 K posts. Wasn't it like 3 or 4 months ago you got to 10 K, now you have 15 K+.

Sniper
11-25-2008, 08:46 AM
You seem to be in a really negative mood right now Sniper. Is it the combined failures of the Eagles and Michigan?

Yup, plus the hardest school semester of my life.

Also, you shot right up to 15 K posts. Wasn't it like 3 or 4 months ago you got to 10 K, now you have 15 K+.

Yup. I spend too much time on here. Gameday threads help a lot.

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Yup, plus the hardest school semester of my life.

Yup. I spend too much time on here. Gameday threads help a lot.

School will do that to you, haha.

Most games I watch at my friends' houses, otherwise, I think my post total would skyrocket just like yours, haha.

Sniper
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
School will do that to you, haha.

Most games I watch at my friends' houses, otherwise, I think my post total would skyrocket just like yours, haha.

And your blood pressure.

Splendid use of the plural apostrophe.

mpt117
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
hey guys i havent posted in a long time, just been hanging around, reading and catching up on stuff. anyways, just catchin up on the needs for the 2009 draft

OT- You can really see that age has finally caught up with Thomas and Runyan. When they are playing they are still blocking, but just barely enough to get by. We need to draft are OT(s) of the future. It also seems Herremans has been struggling, too.

TE- I still can't believe we franchised L.J. Smith, just awful. Still gets hurt and has stone hands. Has dropped a lot of passes, including multiple TDs. Celek has shown bright spots, but I don't think he is staring caliber. And, Matt Schobel has not worked out at all.

S- My main man Dawkins is at the end of his career, which will be very sad to see for me and we need to replace him with Brian Dawkins version 2.0: William Moore. Mikell has played decent and Demps needs a chance to show he can play. Considine is serviceable in limited time.

CB- Lito Sheppard will probably get traded in the offseason, Joselio Hanson is a free agent, and Jack Ikegwuono is coming back from a major injury

LB- I knew Gaither and Bradley were good. Gocong has surprised me this year. He is better than I thought. But, we have no depth behind them

FB- There has been a FB carousel this year: Jason Davis, Tony Hunt, Kyle Eckel, and Dan Klecko. I know I am missing someone. We just need to upgrade and get a good solid FB.

any other positions that we might need?

eaglesalltheway
11-29-2008, 08:38 AM
And your blood pressure.

Splendid use of the plural apostrophe.

I am very good at English, its just most of the time I figure it really doesn't matter.

eaglesalltheway
11-29-2008, 08:49 AM
hey guys i havent posted in a long time, just been hanging around, reading and catching up on stuff. anyways, just catchin up on the needs for the 2009 draft

OT- You can really see that age has finally caught up with Thomas and Runyan. When they are playing they are still blocking, but just barely enough to get by. We need to draft are OT(s) of the future. It also seems Herremans has been struggling, too.

TE- I still can't believe we franchised L.J. Smith, just awful. Still gets hurt and has stone hands. Has dropped a lot of passes, including multiple TDs. Celek has shown bright spots, but I don't think he is staring caliber. And, Matt Schobel has not worked out at all.

S- My main man Dawkins is at the end of his career, which will be very sad to see for me and we need to replace him with Brian Dawkins version 2.0: William Moore. Mikell has played decent and Demps needs a chance to show he can play. Considine is serviceable in limited time.

CB- Lito Sheppard will probably get traded in the offseason, Joselio Hanson is a free agent, and Jack Ikegwuono is coming back from a major injury

LB- I knew Gaither and Bradley were good. Gocong has surprised me this year. He is better than I thought. But, we have no depth behind them

FB- There has been a FB carousel this year: Jason Davis, Tony Hunt, Kyle Eckel, and Dan Klecko. I know I am missing someone. We just need to upgrade and get a good solid FB.

any other positions that we might need?

I would add a few...

OG: You eluded to it a bit with Herremans, but if either or both of the OTs retire we could be looking at switching Andrews and/or Herremans out to Tackle. We have MJG filling one of the spots, but depending on how confident the coaching staff is in Mike McGlynn, we may be looking at an OG early like Duke Robinson or Herman Johnson if they are better options than any available Tackles.

RB: We have Westy, and there are certainly bigger needs, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if RB was addressed early. With Westy getting older, and Buckhalter possibly leaving as a FA (I think he will stay) RB is certainly something to look for as a possibility. Booker is not the future RB for the team, he is at best a player who could make an impact like Leon Washington doesn for the Jets. This isn't as great of a year for RBs as in years past, but there is a possibility thaat I could see that the Eagles would draft a RB early, say in the first two rounds.

DT: I hope they don't go DT early, but I do expect them to draft a DT in the mid-to-later rounds. We rely too much on our DEs like Howard and Abiamiri (who has been great so far) to slide in and play DT. We only have 3 real DTs on the roster. Bunk, Patterson, and Laws. That is a great rotation there, but if one goes down it would be nice to still have that three man rotation. This is a lot like LB in my opinion, it isn't a huge need, but it needs to be addressed for depth.

K: Akers seemed to have worked his way out of his slump, but it doesn't change that he is also getting older and at least a little competition there wouldn't hurt. Shouldn't be addressed before the fifth round, but is something the team should look into as a possibility.

camp_eagles
11-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Forget drafting a kicker just bring in Sandro DeAngelis of the Calgary Stampeders Attp:58 Made:50 FG%:86.2% Long:49
Best thing hes from my home town.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Forget drafting a kicker just bring in Sandro DeAngelis of the Calgary Stampeders Attp:58 Made:50 FG%:86.2% Long:49
Best thing hes from my home town.

How old is he? This is the first I've heard his name and I do pay attention to the CFL, so that is a little disheartening. I still think it would be a better idea to draft a young Kicker either this year or next.

camp_eagles
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
How old is he? This is the first I've heard his name and I do pay attention to the CFL, so that is a little disheartening. I still think it would be a better idea to draft a young Kicker either this year or next.

Hes 27, he went to Nebraska. In this past gray Cup game he was 5/5 on FGs including the game winner (clutch). His career long was 56 yards. You must not follow the CFL that much because he has been an allstar for the last few seasons.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Hes 27, he went to Nebraska. In this past gray Cup game he was 5/5 on FGs including the game winner (clutch). His career long was 56 yards. You must not follow the CFL that much because he has been an allstar for the last few seasons.

I don't follow it closely, but whenever it is on I usually watch. (Almost never on where I live) Intriguing, but if he's worth a shot, I say go for it, but a young Kicker would be good as well.

KobeBryant833
12-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Who is our next quarterback is the real question? McNabb's time is coming close to an end and Kolb surely doesn't look like the answer.

eaglesalltheway
12-04-2008, 06:27 AM
The Eagles are kind of in a predicament here, McNabb could be ere for four more years, or gone in 4 months. Kolb hasn't shown he is the QB of the future, and because of that, there is a real concern for the QB position. I personally think because of Kolb, Donovan will stick around as long as possible, whether it be until Kolb developes into a franchise QB, or until the team realizes Kolb is not the future at the position. If it is the latter, I expect the team to draft a QB relatively early in the next four years to groom under Donovan until he leaves so the new QB can assume the reigns.

camp_eagles
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Ok Reggie Brown was a healthy scratch on Sunday so that leads me to believe that he will be gone this off season so what do you guys think his trade value. Or do we just keep him and if he still sucks then he gets cut in camp (I doubt we do that).

Sniper
12-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok Reggie Brown was a healthy scratch on Sunday so that leads me to believe that he will be gone this off season so what do you guys think his trade value. Or do we just keep him and if he still sucks then he gets cut in camp (I doubt we do that).

His trade value is non-existent.

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 08:12 PM
His trade value is non-existent.

Almost that is. Other teams will view him as a #3 WR at best, probably a #4. Teams will not trade for him, they would wait until his contract expires or the Eagles cut him. At the very best we could get a 5th or 6th rounder for him. Ideally (at least in my mind) we could trade him for a young talented FB, but those options are almost non-existent, so don't expect much in terms of trade value for Reggie. It is a shame, he was looking really good in Training camp if you ask me. At that time, he looked like he could challenge for the #1 WR spot, but DeSean stepped it up. He may not be #1 on the depth chart, but with the performances of Kevin Curtis this season, it is easy to say DeSean is the #1 WR, especially since he is leading the team in receptions.

renegade
12-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Brown was inactive against the Giants, I think that is the begining of the end for him. He has little trade value (if any) but if the Eagles cut him it costs them money.

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Does it cost them more than it would save? I don't follow the salaries and penalties too much.

renegade
12-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Does it cost them more than it would save? I don't follow the salaries and penalties too much.

I do some mocks on another site and when I released him (theoretically) the response was that it would cost the Eagles money.

Oh that reminds me, here are some helpful resources for those who make drafts!

Draft Picks: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, 1 7th

Free Agents
Eagles-
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/2008FreeAgency.html

2008 - FS Brian Dawkins, T William Thomas, DE Jerome McDougle, RB Ryan Moats, S Sean Considine, T Jon Runyan, G Scott Young, RB Correll Buckhalter, S J.R. Reed, LB Rocky Boiman, CB Joselio Hanson, TE L.J. Smith

(That list was put together pre-training camp) Kyle Eckel was signed for 2 years, and I think Tank Daniels and Tracy White signed 1 year contracts.

NFL-
http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_offense.htm
http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_defense.htm

*We have quite a bit of cap room I think.

-http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp (Eagles are #11)

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I do some mocks on another site and when I released him (theoretically) the response was that it would cost the Eagles money.

Oh that reminds me, here are some helpful resources for those who make drafts!

Draft Picks: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, 1 7th

Free Agents
Eagles-
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/2008FreeAgency.html

2008 - FS Brian Dawkins, T William Thomas, DE Jerome McDougle, RB Ryan Moats, S Sean Considine, T Jon Runyan, G Scott Young, RB Correll Buckhalter, S J.R. Reed, LB Rocky Boiman, CB Joselio Hanson, TE L.J. Smith

(That list was put together pre-training camp) Kyle Eckel was signed for 2 years, and I think Tank Daniels and Tracy White signed 1 year contracts. Dawk will either be back for a year or will retire, same with Tra. McDougle, Moats, Reed, and Boiman are no longer with the team. I think Runyan will be back. He's said some things that make me think he won't retire. Young is probably gone. Bucky will be back I think. Hanson unfortunatley may leave, I hope we keep him. LJ is gone

NFL-
http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_offense.htm
http://draftdaddy.com/features/nflfreeagents_defense.htm

*We have quite a bit of cap room I think.

-http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp (Eagles are #11)

I figured we have quite a bit, because we usually never are too close on the cap, and had a good deal of money last year.

cunningham06
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Brown was inactive against the Giants, I think that is the begining of the end for him. He has little trade value (if any) but if the Eagles cut him it costs them money.

Brown sucks, I have never had much hope for him. Every year he was picked as a breakout player, and every year he disappointed. And to think that year a lot of drafts had us taking Roddy White... Damn you Falcons! If we had Roddy this team would be unstoppable.

eaglesalltheway
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Brown sucks, I have never had much hope for him. Every year he was picked as a breakout player, and every year he disappointed. And to think that year a lot of drafts had us taking Roddy White... Damn you Falcons! If we had Roddy this team would be unstoppable.

Roddy and DeSean would be great compliments to eachother. the future at WR would be set. Its a shame, it truly is.

cunningham06
12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Roddy and DeSean would be great compliments to eachother. the future at WR would be set. Its a shame, it truly is.

They would certainly be the fastest starting WR's in the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
They would certainly be the fastest starting WR's in the NFL.

Defenses would be nautious (for some reason that doesn't look right) having to deal with both of them. Tons of mismatch capabilities

camp_eagles
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
dont get me started on what receivers we could have it makes me sick. Instead of Fred Ex we could have had Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers, and Im not going to count TJ because he was drafted in the 7th.

renegade
12-11-2008, 06:16 PM
dont get me started on what receivers we could have it makes me sick. Instead of Fred Ex we could have had Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers, and Im not going to count TJ because he was drafted in the 7th.

Hindsight is 20/20

eaglesalltheway
12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Hindsight is 20/20

But still, the law of averages says we should get at least one great WR very soon.

renegade
12-13-2008, 05:14 PM
But still, the law of averages says we should get at least one great WR very soon.

DeSean Jackson?

renegade
12-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Brian Cushing is growing on me. The Eagles need some help at LB, at nearly every spot. The LB spot on the Eagles is currently solid but if the Eagles plan on being great, they better also plan on upgrading the LB spot. Cushing has his fair share of negatives, which include a long list of injuries and suspicion of steroid use. If he were to develop into what he has the potential to become then the Eagles have a HUGE steal. Brian Cushing is Mr. Versatility; he can play all three LB spots. He has the size and strength to play SLB, the instincts and size to play MLB and speed and coverage abilities to play WLB, In other words, he is the real deal at LB. He has pro ready size at 6’3” and 255 pounds and he has 4.6 speed which for a LB is like running a 4.3 for a WR. He is a sideline to sideline player who makes plays all over the field, and is capable of covering and blitzing. In the zone blitz defensive system that the Eagles run there is not better fit than Cushing at SLB and is the ideal SLB for the system. He has a ton of natural ability. Stewart Bradley is a good MLB and I have high hopes for him but I have been noticing that he makes a lot of plays down the field which is a no-no in this system because the LBs' job is to get down-field and stop the run (aka Jermiah Trotter), but I think as he gets experience that will eventually just fade out of his game. Omar Gaither seems like he is out the door, he was benched in favor of Akeem Jordan who has performed admirably but I don't know if he is the future at WLB. Chris Gocong sucks. Omar Gaither was playing great and I still don't understand why he was benched. Oh well at least Jordan has played well, but he isn't the blitzing threat that Gaither was.

At this point I would love to see the Eagles draft him at the end of round 1 with the Panthers pick. Having a stud LB like Cushing can't hurt.

Sniper
12-15-2008, 08:38 PM
The Eagles need help at one LB spot. SLB. That's it.

renegade
12-15-2008, 09:00 PM
The Eagles need help at one LB spot. SLB. That's it.

I know that I'm just pointing out that the LB spot overall needs upgraded and a safety pick of a LB who can play all 3 positions (or at least 2) would be nice to have.

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 06:50 AM
DeSean Jackson?

Exactly, he looks good, but you'd think during the span of WR suckdome we could have had good luck with at least one.

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Brian Cushing is growing on me. The Eagles need some help at LB, at nearly every spot. The LB spot on the Eagles is currently solid but if the Eagles plan on being great, they better also plan on upgrading the LB spot. Cushing has his fair share of negatives, which include a long list of injuries and suspicion of steroid use. If he were to develop into what he has the potential to become then the Eagles have a HUGE steal. Brian Cushing is Mr. Versatility; he can play all three LB spots. He has the size and strength to play SLB, the instincts and size to play MLB and speed and coverage abilities to play WLB, In other words, he is the real deal at LB. He has pro ready size at 6’3” and 255 pounds and he has 4.6 speed which for a LB is like running a 4.3 for a WR. He is a sideline to sideline player who makes plays all over the field, and is capable of covering and blitzing. In the zone blitz defensive system that the Eagles run there is not better fit than Cushing at SLB and is the ideal SLB for the system. He has a ton of natural ability. Stewart Bradley is a good MLB and I have high hopes for him but I have been noticing that he makes a lot of plays down the field which is a no-no in this system because the LBs' job is to get down-field and stop the run (aka Jermiah Trotter), but I think as he gets experience that will eventually just fade out of his game. Omar Gaither seems like he is out the door, he was benched in favor of Akeem Jordan who has performed admirably but I don't know if he is the future at WLB. Chris Gocong sucks. Omar Gaither was playing great and I still don't understand why he was benched. Oh well at least Jordan has played well, but he isn't the blitzing threat that Gaither was.

At this point I would love to see the Eagles draft him at the end of round 1 with the Panthers pick. Having a stud LB like Cushing can't hurt.

I too like Cushing. I am not psycho crazy for the Eagles to draft him, but he is certainly a good option, depending on what is available, for many of the reasons that you said. Honestly though, I don't get why everyone on the board is hating on Chris Gocong so much, especially with his play over the last month or so. He has been playing a solid season, and has improved upon that in the last 3 or 4 games. He stops the run and has improved in coverage. He has 3 (?) sacks on the season, which isn't great, but considering that he hasn't needed to blitz much at all that is a good thing. He is the weak link of the Lb corp, and maybe the entire defense, so i wouldn't be totally aginst replacing him, but he certainly isn't performing as poorly as some are suggesting on the boards.

ryan0022
12-16-2008, 10:51 AM
IHonestly though, I don't get why everyone on the board is hating on Chris Gocong so much, especially with his play over the last month or so. He has been playing a solid season, and has improved upon that in the last 3 or 4 games. He stops the run and has improved in coverage. He has 3 (?) sacks on the season, which isn't great, but considering that he hasn't needed to blitz much at all that is a good thing. He is the weak link of the Lb corp, and maybe the entire defense, so i wouldn't be totally aginst replacing him, but he certainly isn't performing as poorly as some are suggesting on the boards.

I would have to agree with you completely... In the beginning of the year it was like he wasn't even out there in the respect that you didn't see or hear him doing anything. He has shown up a lot in the last month or so and has really imporved his play. I would still like to see him line up on the end of the Dline a little more often but as you mentioned the D hasn't needed him to blitz.

I wouldn't be against replacing him either but not with a 1st round pick, there are too many other holes this team needs to fill that taking a LB in RD 1 is not a realistic option.

ryan0022
12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
What do you guys think of taking a tight end in RD 1 as Scott's new Mock has with the eagles second round pick.... I personally would prefer something else at that point and wouldn;t be surprised if they take 2 offensive linemen in RD 1 (didn't say likely but wouldn't be surprised).

If they go O -ine with their 1st pick, then would safety be the next option and with mays and Moore likely gone at that point is Rashad Johnson worth a RD 1 pick?

I apologize it this is off base as I am just getting back into the swing of things with the Eagles, I am a true baseball fan first and really still riding the high of the Phillies World Series championship

Sniper
12-16-2008, 11:14 AM
What do you guys think of taking a tight end in RD 1 as Scott's new Mock has with the eagles second round pick.... I personally would prefer something else at that point and wouldn;t be surprised if they take 2 offensive linemen in RD 1 (didn't say likely but wouldn't be surprised).

If it's Jermaine Gresham, I have no problem with it. In the WCO, a good tight end is huge. As much as I think LJ Smith is a piece of ****, the numbers show that when he's in, the offense does better. Now imagine a tight end who can actually catch and block? The tight end is one of the most important positions on this offense and would also alleviate a lot of red zone woes, so I'd have no problem with taking Jermaine Gresham at either first round pick. Besides the big 3 OL, there's nothing to really get excited about in the first round in terms of OL, especially in the 17-19 range.

If they go O -ine with their 1st pick, then would safety be the next option and with mays and Moore likely gone at that point is Rashad Johnson worth a RD 1 pick?

I think you have to go BPA. Johnson might be worth a first round pick. Right now, I think he's an early to mid second rounder, but he wouldn't be a huge reach at 30ish.

gameplaya2435
12-16-2008, 11:32 AM

I apologize it this is off base as I am just getting back into the swing of things with the Eagles, I am a true baseball fan first and really still riding the high of the Phillies World Series championship

Telford, eh? I'm over in Harleysville.

As far as TE goes, I think Gresham is the only one worth a first round pick, and I wouldn't reach for Coffman, Pettigrew, Rashad Johnson or Patrick Chung at our second first rounder. If we can get Gresham with our first pick, I think we go best OL available at that point, or possibly trade out of that pick (once again).

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Telford, eh? I'm over in Harleysville.

How bout that, Eastern PA boys... How's the weather down there? haha

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 12:11 PM

I'm all for it. I like Gresham a ton, and if Pettigrew can get his off field troubles fixed, he is a possibility, though I really would prefer someone else. I like Coffman and if we have a pick at the end of the first, I could see him as a smart choice, once agian it all depends on who else is available. Really I could see the Eagles using first round pick(s) on OT, OG (if Herremans or Andrews moves out to T), S, TE, WR or RB, though O-line, S, and TE should be the main focal points IMO. I do think Duke Robinson is worth a shot if the big 3 OT are gone, if the team plans on sliding a G to T.

ljk2171
12-16-2008, 01:05 PM

LB is not even close to being the Eagles biggest need. If Jermane Gresham enters the draft and is available when they pick, he should be the choice. Aside from him any of the tackles that fall would be a better pick. Safety as well is a bigger need than LB. As we all know WR is a need, but it's highly unlikely that they will address that in the first round, however I wouldn't mind seeing them grabbing a Brandon Tate or Juaquin Iglesias in the 2nd or 3rd round should they be available.

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 03:02 PM
LB is not even close to being the Eagles biggest need. If Jermane Gresham enters the draft and is available when they pick, he should be the choice. Aside from him any of the tackles that fall would be a better pick. Safety as well is a bigger need than LB. As we all know WR is a need, but it's highly unlikely that they will address that in the first round, however I wouldn't mind seeing them grabbing a Brandon Tate or Juaquin Iglesias in the 2nd or 3rd round should they be available.

Agreed, but I can see a scenario where the Eagles would take a guy like Cushing. If the Tackles are gone, and so are Mays and Moore, along with Gresham and the top WRs, LB could be the biggest need there, arguably.

renegade
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I have to say that I am completely against drafting Brandon Pettigrew, he is a good TE but he is a terrible fit for our offense.

D-Unit
12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Let me just say now... I'll be pissed off as hell if you guys end up with Shonn Greene.

renegade
12-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Let me just say now... I'll be pissed off as hell if you guys end up with Shonn Greene.

Let me just remind you who is our coach. Andy Reid runs the show so the closest thing to your worst fear might be CJ Spiller.

D-Unit
12-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Let me just remind you who is our coach. Andy Reid runs the show so the closest thing to your worst fear might be CJ Spiller.
Ok, I can live with that...

eaglesalltheway
12-17-2008, 06:16 AM
I have to say that I am completely against drafting Brandon Pettigrew, he is a good TE but he is a terrible fit for our offense.

Not really, he is kind of like Celek in the fact that he isn't overly fast. But he has great hands and can actually block really well. I don't see why not. He is a better receiver and a much, much better blocker.

eaglesalltheway
12-17-2008, 06:18 AM

I certainly wouldn't mind...

It woudl take quite a strange circumstance for the Eagles to pick him up in the first, which I don't think you are saying, but I'm not sure if we could get him in the second.

I don't like Spiller at all.

renegade
12-19-2008, 02:58 AM
I want Brandon Lafell WR LSU

Was not a consistent receiver early in his career, coming down with a bad case of the drops as a sophomore. However, his concentration has improved and he has learned to catch the ball before running with it. He is a good, not great route runner who plays in a pro-style offense and continually has improved, much like Dwayne Bowe did during his LSU career. LaFell might not be as strong and rocked up as Bowe, but he appears quicker, faster and plays with more twitch. He plays bigger than his size, is very physical as a blocker and consistently has delivered some big hits. Caught the game-winning pass with more than a minute left against Auburn, has proven he can come through in the clutch and has emerged as the team’s go-to receiver. He is a big receiver at 6’3” and 200+ pounds with 4.4 speed. The Eagles have a collection of slot and depth receivers and having a #1 WR that can do it all would be nice. Lafell IMO is very similar to Falcon’s WR Roddy White. The Eagles currently have a collection of WR who are solid second and third receivers but not a starting WR and combining Lafell and Jackson should give McNabb a potent receiving duo until he retires. With Lafell and Jackson at #1 & 2 and Baskett, Avant and Curtis coming out of the slot, the Eagles are going to be a big time offense, more-so than they are now.

BTW, as I look through Eagles stats I can not find a weakness. The Eagles have out played their opponents in every statistical category. The Eagles needs almost seem like they are all just role player needs, except for SLB.

ljk2171
12-19-2008, 06:54 AM
I want Brandon Lafell WR LSU

Was not a consistent receiver early in his career, coming down with a bad case of the drops as a sophomore. However, his concentration has improved and he has learned to catch the ball before running with it. He is a good, not great route runner who plays in a pro-style offense and continually has improved, much like Dwayne Bowe did during his LSU career. LaFell might not be as strong and rocked up as Bowe, but he appears quicker, faster and plays with more twitch. He plays bigger than his size, is very physical as a blocker and consistently has delivered some big hits. Caught the game-winning pass with more than a minute left against Auburn, has proven he can come through in the clutch and has emerged as the team’s go-to receiver. He is a big receiver at 6’3” and 200+ pounds with 4.4 speed. The Eagles have a collection of slot and depth receivers and having a #1 WR that can do it all would be nice. Lafell IMO is very similar to Falcon’s WR Roddy White. The Eagles currently have a collection of WR who are solid second and third receivers but not a starting WR and combining Lafell and Jackson should give McNabb a potent receiving duo until he retires. With Lafell and Jackson at #1 & 2 and Baskett, Avant and Curtis coming out of the slot, the Eagles are going to be a big time offense, more-so than they are now.

BTW, as I look through Eagles stats I can not find a weakness. The Eagles have out played their opponents in every statistical category. The Eagles needs almost seem like they are all just role player needs, except for SLB.

Although there may not be any glaring needs aside from receiver, they do need several important complimentary players. Here is my list of needs in order:

1. A wide receiver to start opposite of Jackson. I like Baskett, Avant, and Curtis as complimentary receivers. As good as Jackson has been, I do not think he is a true #1 kind of guy, however he is a special playmaker. Target: Assuming the knee checks out, Brandon Tate (North Carolina), Middle Rounds. Target: Juaquin Iglesias (Oklahoma), Round 2. Kenny Britt would also be intriguing should he declare.

2. A safety take Dawkins place probably in 2010 and who can help on special teams and passing downs as a rookie. Target: D.J. Clark (Idaho State), Round 5/6/7.

3. L.J. has shown signs of life the past few weeks, but this is a pretty big need for the Eagles considering how much Donovan (who will be back in 2009) looks to the tight end, especially deep in the opponents territory. If Gesham declares (which I do not think he will), I think the Eagles need to get him somehow. Target: Brandon Pettigrew (Oklahoma State), Round 1-B.

4. Young offensive tackles who will be able to replace Runyan and Thomas when the time comes for them to retire. These two guys have been one of the most unheralded tandems in the NFL over the past decade and will be very tough to replace. Target: Michael Oher (Mississippi), Round 1-A.

5. A running back who can grasp the Eagles pass protection schemes and replace Lorenzo Booker. It's no secret that Westbrook and Buckhalter are injury risks and depth is a neccessity at this position. Target: Ian Johnson (Boise State), Middle Rounds.

Obviosuly a lot can change between now and draft time with the bowls, all-star games, and combines. These are just my thoughts from what I have seen during the season. Honestly I think they are going to package the two #1's and move up to take one of the OT (Monroe?) unless they think one will fall to them at 16. Should this happen they will trade the Carolina pick for a #1 next year, they aren't paying 2 first rounders.

eaglesalltheway
12-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Although there may not be any glaring needs aside from receiver, they do need several important complimentary players. Here is my list of needs in order:

1. A wide receiver to start opposite of Jackson. I like Baskett, Avant, and Curtis as complimentary receivers. As good as Jackson has been, I do not think he is a true #1 kind of guy, however he is a special playmaker. Target: Assuming the knee checks out, Brandon Tate (North Carolina), Middle Rounds. Target: Juaquin Iglesias (Oklahoma), Round 2. Kenny Britt would also be intriguing should he declare.

2. A safety take Dawkins place probably in 2010 and who can help on special teams and passing downs as a rookie. Target: D.J. Clark (Idaho State), Round 5/6/7.

3. L.J. has shown signs of life the past few weeks, but this is a pretty big need for the Eagles considering how much Donovan (who will be back in 2009) looks to the tight end, especially deep in the opponents territory. If Gesham declares (which I do not think he will), I think the Eagles need to get him somehow. Target: Brandon Pettigrew (Oklahoma State), Round 1-B.

4. Young offensive tackles who will be able to replace Runyan and Thomas when the time comes for them to retire. These two guys have been one of the most unheralded tandems in the NFL over the past decade and will be very tough to replace. Target: Michael Oher (Mississippi), Round 1-A.

5. A running back who can grasp the Eagles pass protection schemes and replace Lorenzo Booker. It's no secret that Westbrook and Buckhalter are injury risks and depth is a neccessity at this position. Target: Ian Johnson (Boise State), Middle Rounds.

Obviosuly a lot can change between now and draft time with the bowls, all-star games, and combines. These are just my thoughts from what I have seen during the season. Honestly I think they are going to package the two #1's and move up to take one of the OT (Monroe?) unless they think one will fall to them at 16. Should this happen they will trade the Carolina pick for a #1 next year, they aren't paying 2 first rounders.

I really like this post. I may not agree with it 100% but it is still very good and brings up a ton of valid arguments.

I do not think WR is the #1 need, if I had to but needs in order it would be this.

1. OL(T or G dependign on the Herremans and Andrews futures). As said before, with the versatility of these two players we may not be looking at just tackles. Guards are a possibility as well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles go after Duke Robinson. Of course the other OTs are options as well, but OT isn't the only way they could go.

2. S. Someone to eventually replace Dawk if Demps isn't viewed as the future. He has shown promise lately though and if he continues to improve that does diminish the need a bit. Mikell is great and he is one fo my favorite players on the team to be honest, but he isn't as young as some think (I think he is 27),and though he is playing great we don't know how long it will last or what the teams plans are.

3. TE. LJ is probably not going to be back and we do not have a starting calibur TE to take his place. Celek has shown glimpses of hope, but nothing consistent or capable of being confident in him as our future TE. As said before TE is important in our system and a premier TE would go a long way to help this offense.

(I beleive the top three needs are almost interchangeable depending on your perspective and also what happens in the off-season.)

4. WR. We don't have any big time guys in this group (yet) but overall it is a solid group with many good players, they are just not in the right roles at this moment. We need that guy who could be a #1 receiver who would help bring the offense to a new level.

5. RB. Westy is not a player to rely on to stay healthy, and is getting up there in age. A young back to help compliment him who could potentially take over after he is gone could never hurt.

6. (S)LB. Gocong is a good player, and is showing more progress than a lot of people are giving him credit for, but he is a major liability in coverage right now, though he is also steadily improving in that department. He makes tons of plays in the run game, but many guys here do not notice that. Still competition to help him come along faster couldn't hurt, and we do need some more depth along the LBs, though we have a great young crop right now, a backup SLB who could come in in case of injury or poor play would be a benefit.

7. DT. We have two very good young DTs, who may be on the verge of becoming Pro-bowlers. We also have a rookie DT who has also shown promise in his first season and looks to be a major contributor, but after that we do not have another DT. Dpeth is important along the D-line and right now we have DEs sliding in to play DT on occasion. A fourth DT to help solidify the rotation could help.

8. CB. Even if Lito is traded in the off seaon, it will not be killer. Right now he is the #4 CB on the depth chart. Joselio Hanson has shown that he can be the Nickel CB for tis defense, and we will be getting a very talented CB in Jack Ikegwuonu back from IR next year. At worst we have 4 talented CBs on this roster next year. If Lito is gone next year, we will need to address depth here with a later pick, just like DT and SLB.

9. FB. Should probably be higher but I am too lazy to go back and change the numbers. (Could probably fit in anywhere from 6-8).I shouldn't need to say much about this... A FB goes a long way to helping an offense, think about the success the Eagles had with Jon Rtichie when he was here. I know he isn't the big factor here, but when the team has a good FB, the offense usually performs better.

10. K. Akers has reached his old form, but that doesn't change the fact that he is old, and may lose soemthing in upcoming seasons. Perhaps we don't need to draft one now, but a UDFA certainly wouldn't hurt.

I like a lot fo the players you brought up, Kenny Britt is a guy that I think could be great in our offense and would be a #1 WR who would compliment Jackson and the rest of our WRs nicely. I personally like Pettigrew, but would rather spend a second on a guy like Chase Coffman than a first on Pettigrew. There are a few safetie I would consider to take a first round pcik though. I like Oher a lot, as well as Monroe and Smith. With a few Junior OTs coming out a few people are beginning to think that one of these guys (most likely not Smith) could fall to the later part of round one. Keep in mind OT may not be the only way to go here though. I woudn't be surprised to see the Eagles go RB early, but I am not expecting it. There arent too many outstandign RB prospects right now that would take precedent over our other needs, but it is certainly a possibility.

renegade
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
When I said no needs I mean that there is really no weaknesses in the stats, there is no area statistically that the Eagles could drastically improve. They are destroying opponents in all categories, even rushing!

QB- No need right now, but Kolb sucks I've lost all faith in him, bust.
RB- Eagles need another RB, I would prefer it to be a power RB like Shonn Green
FB- I think Kyle Eckel can secure this spot, but it is still a big need, Sign Leonard Weaver!
WR- A big WR who is a #1 would be nice, I already said I like Lafell
TE-Eagles lack a safety valve and having one would help big time especially in the red zone offense, I'm not really a fan of any TE this year, except Gresham.
LT- Big need, Thomas is declining and it shows especially in the run game, Give me Eugene Monroe or Eben Britton
OG- Has Shawn Andrews played a full season yet? He is the NFL's best OG when healthy but he is rarely ever ready to go and he has mental issues as we all know. MJG and Nick Cole are nice depth players but not starters IMO. Depth would be nice.
C- Jamaal Jackson is average and adding a C would be nice, then move Jackson to OG, his natural position there is a reason there isn't another 350 pound C.
RT- Herramens is the future RT IMO

DE- No need at all
DT- A NT would be nice
SLB- Getting a guy early would be nice, Gocong is a force in the run game but he is always exposed in coverage. He has improved the past few games however.
MLB- No need, 2 future studs IMO
WLB- Gaither was benched for reasons we do not know, Jordan has stepped up but he still doesn't play at Gaither's level. Getting a quick athletic LB like Reggie Carter would be a good addition.
CB- No need, the Eagles are set. Samuel and Brown locking down 1&2, Lito is out the door but Hanson looks like a good NB and behind him are promising young players Jack Ikegwounu and Trae Williams
S- Dawkins is out and Considine is terrible, Demps is a rising star and Mikell is playing at a pro-bowl level (he was snubbed, outplayed Wilson) so a FS and a back-up SS are needed.

renegade
12-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I did some research on the Eagles linebackers and I have come to the conclusion that they play very average. Do you know that the Eagles linebackers have forced 3 turnovers (1 INT and 2 FF) that is terrible. Do you know that they have only gathered 3.5 sacks and the LB who was benched gathered 2.5 of those and forced the fumble. So lets analyze this, the starting LB of the Philadelphia Eagles have accounted for 1 sack, 1 INT and 1 FF, terrible. The Linebackers are decent but they are anything but special. If the Eagles had 1 playmaking LB I think that they could become one of the best defenses in NFL history, I mean think about it, the defense is YOUNG and they are still improving, yet they are already the #3 defense in the NFL. The only guy starter on defense that is 30 or older is Brian Dawkins and behind him the Eagles have a young playmaker in Demps. I don't really count Jacqua Parker as a starter because he rotates in and out so much with Chris Clemons, Darren Howard and Victor Abiamiri. The Eagles need a playmaking LB if they want to become a great defense IMO.

ljk2171
12-21-2008, 11:28 AM
I really like this post. I may not agree with it 100% but it is still very good and brings up a ton of valid arguments.

I do not think WR is the #1 need, if I had to but needs in order it would be this.

1. OL(T or G dependign on the Herremans and Andrews futures). As said before, with the versatility of these two players we may not be looking at just tackles. Guards are a possibility as well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles go after Duke Robinson. Of course the other OTs are options as well, but OT isn't the only way they could go.

2. S. Someone to eventually replace Dawk if Demps isn't viewed as the future. He has shown promise lately though and if he continues to improve that does diminish the need a bit. Mikell is great and he is one fo my favorite players on the team to be honest, but he isn't as young as some think (I think he is 27),and though he is playing great we don't know how long it will last or what the teams plans are.

3. TE. LJ is probably not going to be back and we do not have a starting calibur TE to take his place. Celek has shown glimpses of hope, but nothing consistent or capable of being confident in him as our future TE. As said before TE is important in our system and a premier TE would go a long way to help this offense.

(I beleive the top three needs are almost interchangeable depending on your perspective and also what happens in the off-season.)

4. WR. We don't have any big time guys in this group (yet) but overall it is a solid group with many good players, they are just not in the right roles at this moment. We need that guy who could be a #1 receiver who would help bring the offense to a new level.

5. RB. Westy is not a player to rely on to stay healthy, and is getting up there in age. A young back to help compliment him who could potentially take over after he is gone could never hurt.

6. (S)LB. Gocong is a good player, and is showing more progress than a lot of people are giving him credit for, but he is a major liability in coverage right now, though he is also steadily improving in that department. He makes tons of plays in the run game, but many guys here do not notice that. Still competition to help him come along faster couldn't hurt, and we do need some more depth along the LBs, though we have a great young crop right now, a backup SLB who could come in in case of injury or poor play would be a benefit.

7. DT. We have two very good young DTs, who may be on the verge of becoming Pro-bowlers. We also have a rookie DT who has also shown promise in his first season and looks to be a major contributor, but after that we do not have another DT. Dpeth is important along the D-line and right now we have DEs sliding in to play DT on occasion. A fourth DT to help solidify the rotation could help.

8. CB. Even if Lito is traded in the off seaon, it will not be killer. Right now he is the #4 CB on the depth chart. Joselio Hanson has shown that he can be the Nickel CB for tis defense, and we will be getting a very talented CB in Jack Ikegwuonu back from IR next year. At worst we have 4 talented CBs on this roster next year. If Lito is gone next year, we will need to address depth here with a later pick, just like DT and SLB.

9. FB. Should probably be higher but I am too lazy to go back and change the numbers. (Could probably fit in anywhere from 6-8).I shouldn't need to say much about this... A FB goes a long way to helping an offense, think about the success the Eagles had with Jon Rtichie when he was here. I know he isn't the big factor here, but when the team has a good FB, the offense usually performs better.

10. K. Akers has reached his old form, but that doesn't change the fact that he is old, and may lose soemthing in upcoming seasons. Perhaps we don't need to draft one now, but a UDFA certainly wouldn't hurt.

I like a lot fo the players you brought up, Kenny Britt is a guy that I think could be great in our offense and would be a #1 WR who would compliment Jackson and the rest of our WRs nicely. I personally like Pettigrew, but would rather spend a second on a guy like Chase Coffman than a first on Pettigrew. There are a few safetie I would consider to take a first round pcik though. I like Oher a lot, as well as Monroe and Smith. With a few Junior OTs coming out a few people are beginning to think that one of these guys (most likely not Smith) could fall to the later part of round one. Keep in mind OT may not be the only way to go here though. I woudn't be surprised to see the Eagles go RB early, but I am not expecting it. There arent too many outstandign RB prospects right now that would take precedent over our other needs, but it is certainly a possibility.

Believe me, I haven't been one of the fans crying about needing a number one receiver for all of these years. Two points behind my reasoning though; #1-I think we could have something special on the outside with Jackson and another big-time guy, #2-If Kolb takes over next year, he is going to need significantly more weapons than McNabb. I with a lot of your points, most important being the offense line needs to be addressed this off-season. Not necessarily for the upcoming year, but as replacements for 2010.

ljk2171
12-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I did some research on the Eagles linebackers and I have come to the conclusion that they play very average. Do you know that the Eagles linebackers have forced 3 turnovers (1 INT and 2 FF) that is terrible. Do you know that they have only gathered 3.5 sacks and the LB who was benched gathered 2.5 of those and forced the fumble. So lets analyze this, the starting LB of the Philadelphia Eagles have accounted for 1 sack, 1 INT and 1 FF, terrible. The Linebackers are decent but they are anything but special. If the Eagles had 1 playmaking LB I think that they could become one of the best defenses in NFL history, I mean think about it, the defense is YOUNG and they are still improving, yet they are already the #3 defense in the NFL. The only guy starter on defense that is 30 or older is Brian Dawkins and behind him the Eagles have a young playmaker in Demps. I don't really count Jacqua Parker as a starter because he rotates in and out so much with Chris Clemons, Darren Howard and Victor Abiamiri. The Eagles need a playmaking LB if they want to become a great defense IMO.

I actually like the Eagle linebackers. Bradley is a very solid player who is only going to get better. I think Gaither and Jordan will compete for the weak-side spot and either one will be fine. A lot of people do not like Gocong, but he has consistently gotten better since his arrival. Keep in mind, he is still learning a new position and in my opinion can be a force on the strong side.

ljk2171
12-22-2008, 06:52 AM
After yesterday's game, I am on the Jermane Gesham train even more than I was before.

ryan0022
12-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Before yesterday's game I was not one to say that the Eagles should be looking WR in the draft since jackson was doing so well but after yesterdays game it is evident that their depth at WR is just non existant and they need more, i would still say OL is #1 but WR or a legit pass catching TE is #1A (or please trade a 2nd round pick for Gonzalez in the offseason.

Also, I hate Andy Reid as a coach, 75% pass is unacceptable

Zyro_1014
12-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I say we go FS/LT with the first pick (Mays,Moore,Smith or Britton)

With the 2nd pick i would love to land Gresham but i doubt that he will still be there.

Take a big reciever like Lafell/Britt? in the 2nd round.

If we cant get our tight end in the first round go with Beckum in the 3rd or trading for Tony G would be sick!

ryan0022
12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
If we cant get our tight end in the first round go with Beckum in the 3rd or trading for Tony G would be sick!

Yeah, I'm not really big on taking a TE in RD 1 but I would definitely go for a 3rd on Beckum (kind of the same thign they did with Ikeguonu last year)

Gonzalez for the second would be my 1st choice though, it's be nice to have him.

eaglesalltheway
12-25-2008, 06:49 PM

The defense is #3 in the NFL, behind one of the best defenses in recent memory, and arguably of all time. The LBs don't get a lot of turnovers or "big plays". How many big plays do they give up? Not many. I too like our LB corp, almost love it, I see no reason to change it up drastically unless a great opportunity comes around. I understand that some more turnovers would be nice, but our LBs aren't relied on for turnovers, our DL and secondary take care of most of it.

Also, I have been on the Victor Abiamiri wagon for a while, but it seemed many have been reluctant to join. He has played great so far, and will most likely be our starting LDE next year. Join the bandwagon while you can, while the returns are at their greatest!

eaglesalltheway
12-25-2008, 07:04 PM
When I said no needs I mean that there is really no weaknesses in the stats, there is no area statistically that the Eagles could drastically improve. They are destroying opponents in all categories, even rushing!

QB- No need right now, but Kolb sucks I've lost all faith in him, bust.
RB- Eagles need another RB, I would prefer it to be a power RB like Shonn Green
FB- I think Kyle Eckel can secure this spot, but it is still a big need, Sign Leonard Weaver!
WR- A big WR who is a #1 would be nice, I already said I like Lafell
TE-Eagles lack a safety valve and having one would help big time especially in the red zone offense, I'm not really a fan of any TE this year, except Gresham.
LT- Big need, Thomas is declining and it shows especially in the run game, Give me Eugene Monroe or Eben Britton
OG- Has Shawn Andrews played a full season yet? He is the NFL's best OG when healthy but he is rarely ever ready to go and he has mental issues as we all know. MJG and Nick Cole are nice depth players but not starters IMO. Depth would be nice.
C- Jamaal Jackson is average and adding a C would be nice, then move Jackson to OG, his natural position there is a reason there isn't another 350 pound C.
RT- Herramens is the future RT IMO

DE- No need at all
DT- A NT would be nice
SLB- Getting a guy early would be nice, Gocong is a force in the run game but he is always exposed in coverage. He has improved the past few games however.
MLB- No need, 2 future studs IMO
WLB- Gaither was benched for reasons we do not know, Jordan has stepped up but he still doesn't play at Gaither's level. Getting a quick athletic LB like Reggie Carter would be a good addition.
CB- No need, the Eagles are set. Samuel and Brown locking down 1&2, Lito is out the door but Hanson looks like a good NB and behind him are promising young players Jack Ikegwounu and Trae Williams
S- Dawkins is out and Considine is terrible, Demps is a rising star and Mikell is playing at a pro-bowl level (he was snubbed, outplayed Wilson) so a FS and a back-up SS are needed.

QB-Agreed to an extent, may need to be addressed soon.

RB-Agreed, bt I'd prefer we wait a year or two maybe to get a future stud, I think a complementary back for the future like Green would be great though

FB-I like Eckel, he is a great power RB in his own right, but I just wnat a true FB, whether it be a lead-blocking type or a WCO type.

WR-I too would enjoy a #1 WR, I tend to lean more towards Kenny Britt though in that second round range.

TE-I just wnat a legitimate weapon here. Gresham would be nice. I like Chase Coffman as a second or third round option.

LT-Agreed, I love those two prospects, but don't leave out Oher either. Andre Smith is out of reach IMO.

OG-Shawn is a beast when he is in, just give him time to be healthy, I think he may kick out to RT, though I do agree that Herremans could as well. I disagree when you say MJG is just depth. Behind Andrews he is depth, but while he was in he was great in his own right, and showed a ton of potential, a future RG if Shawn slides out. We already have depthe here in McGlynn and Gibson, and Cole can play here as well. The way I see it. It will either be adressed with a future starter (Duke Robinson) or nothing at all (except for a UDFA or late, late rounder) since the OL situation is very pliable.

C-I like what we have here. Jackson is a solid C and Cole has shown he can play. Bring in some competition if anything.

DE-let it go

DT-A fourth guy for the rotation would be nice, a big run stuffer would be my personal preference

SLB-Unless there is somethign great available early, don't expect much here except for competition as the backup.

MLB-let it go

WLB-Both Gaither and Jordan have shown they can start. Neither are astounding, but both do a very solid job. Unless one of them would be released (don't count on it) this won't be messed around with.

CB-Already touched on it, let it go, maybe a later round guy for 5th CB competition

FS-Another situation where it will either be handled early or maybe not until later on. The coaches seem to like Demps, but I haven't seen enough yet.

SS-Unless Considine is let go, it won't bne a concern either.

eaglesalltheway
12-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Before yesterday's game I was not one to say that the Eagles should be looking WR in the draft since jackson was doing so well but after yesterdays game it is evident that their depth at WR is just non existant and they need more, i would still say OL is #1 but WR or a legit pass catching TE is #1A (or please trade a 2nd round pick for Gonzalez in the offseason.

Also, I hate Andy Reid as a coach, 75% pass is unacceptable

I say, like I've said the last few years, the Eales should only get a WR if they beleive he will be a #1 WR.. OL is the biggest need IMO, and TE is #2 right now IMO. I would not trade a 2nd round pick for Gonzalez though, he isn't young at all and though he is a great player, it would certainly serve the team better if they use that pick on a young guy (at any positionof need) who would be with the team much longer, potentially.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Quick question... is there any chance Brian Dawkins is not with the Eagles next year?

Sniper
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Quick question... is there any chance Brian Dawkins is not with the Eagles next year?

With the way he's played, I'd say there is no chance he doesn't return. He's Jeffrey Lurie's favorite player. He'll be back.

Smokey Joe
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
-PiCb66CjyA

KobeBryant833
01-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Dawkins has came up huge for us the past couple of weeks. If he didn't come back i'd say we have to trade up in the draft and take Taylor Mays. He'll be a big time safety in this league.

Zyro_1014
01-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Dawkins has came up huge for us the past couple of weeks. If he didn't come back i'd say we have to trade up in the draft and take Taylor Mays. He'll be a big time safety in this league.

if he comes back i say we still take mays if hes available.

KobeBryant833
01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
if he comes back i say we still take mays if hes available.

We'll have to trade up for Mays if we want him and i don't think there is any way we do that with Dawkins coming back. We got too good safeties right now. I see mays going to Seattle. They really need some help on defense.

Zyro_1014
01-05-2009, 08:33 PM
We'll have to trade up for Mays if we want him and i don't think there is any way we do that with Dawkins coming back. We got too good safeties right now. I see mays going to Seattle. They really need some help on defense.

Mays is special but hes not going to Seattle, hes not going #4 when they need much more help at WR.

i never said that i expect Mays to be there when we pick, but if he were he would be the pick. I expect Moore to be available and he could be a good guy to grood under Dawk.

Menardo75
01-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Beckum would be a good fit for you guys to team with Celek.

Zyro_1014
01-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Beckum would be a good fit for you guys to team with Celek.

yes sir, hopefully we get him in the 3rd if we dont get Gresham

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm not a big fan of Travis Beckum. Maybe if we get him in the third if we haven't gotten a TE yet I won't be too upset, but there are a bunch of other TE I would rather have before Beckum. I'm not a big fan of small TEs, it will be much harder for him to block once he is taught the technique. I would prefer getting Chase Coffman in the second over Beckum in the third.

Zyro_1014
01-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm not a big fan of Travis Beckum. Maybe if we get him in the third if we haven't gotten a TE yet I won't be too upset, but there are a bunch of other TE I would rather have before Beckum. I'm not a big fan of small TEs, it will be much harder for him to block once he is taught the technique. I would prefer getting Chase Coffman in the second over Beckum in the third.

i just like Beckum as a reciever, but i agree with you, if we can get Coffman i would be very happy.

plashgv525
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I think we as eagles fans all know that Andy Reid and Joe Banner are going to trade away one of their 2 first-round picks for financial issues and with that other they will undoubtedly draft an offensive lineman, most likely a tackle with the age of Runyan and Thomas.

bsaza2358
01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
How do we all know anything? Reid and Banner have never had 2 first round picks, so there's no history involved. Sure, there's a strong chance that they'll trade back once or more to accumulate more picks, but you never know. They might decide that they need Michael Crabtree and will go get him. Likelihood is that they will take at least one OT, but they could easily go CB, maybe WR if they see a value. Anything is possible except for QB and probably RB in round 1.

plashgv525
01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I guess what I'm saying is that in the past, Reid and Banner have shown that they don't want to pay first round money for players they can get in the later rounds. I don't think they will pay 2 players first round money, even if its in the mid to late 20s.

bsaza2358
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
The Eagles have shown a reluctance to draft players above the level that they value them. They have paid top money to players and moved up to get them, but only at a value that they see as appropriate. They have traded back in recent years because they haven't seen enough value. While I don't see them ever trading into the top 10 because of the contract size involved, I could see them moving up to get a guy if they felt he was the guy they needed.

They have moved up in the past for Andrews and McDougle. They just never had 2 firsts. If there are 2 guys that they love, they will take them if they can do it.

ryan0022
01-10-2009, 09:27 AM
How do we all know anything? Reid and Banner have never had 2 first round picks, so there's no history involved. Sure, there's a strong chance that they'll trade back once or more to accumulate more picks, but you never know. They might decide that they need Michael Crabtree and will go get him. Likelihood is that they will take at least one OT, but they could easily go CB, maybe WR if they see a value. Anything is possible except for QB and probably RB in round 1.

I agree we can't say automatically that they are going to trade away both if any of their 1st round picks... sure they did it in the past when they had 1 first rounder but that was becasue Andy and Joe felt the talent level of anyone they wouold havedrafted at that point wasn't worth a 1st round pick.... If anything I think history would show that if Andy and Joe really like someone they will try to move up to get him, Shawn Andrews is an example of that.

If they have the oppertunity to trade up to get a guy they like they I have confidence they will do it... The real question is who they like and think is a good value when they draft vs. who we like as fans....

ryan0022
01-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I guess what I'm saying is that in the past, Reid and Banner have shown that they don't want to pay first round money for players they can get in the later rounds. I don't think they will pay 2 players first round money, even if its in the mid to late 20s.

Can you tell me any head coach or GM that wants to pay 1st round money for someone they could get in the later rounds???

They may be less likely reach on a guy or take a risk and draft him before thier draft grade but no one would want to draft guys in round 1 that they could get in later rounds.

ryan0022
01-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I think the main question should be are Andy Reid and Joe Banner (and lets not forget Tom Heckert) capable/good at scouting these guys out of college and do they put an appropriate grade on the draft prospects in the draft.

I think they clearly grade players differently then other GM's/coachs and it comes down to have they been successful at drafting players. I would personally say they are average, they've made some good picks (Bradley, Herramens, Bunkley, Jackson) but they've also had some bad ones (Mitchell, Justice, Hunt, the countless 5 6 or 7th rounders that can't even make the practive squad....)

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I think the main question should be are Andy Reid and Joe Banner (and lets not forget Tom Heckert) capable/good at scouting these guys out of college and do they put an appropriate grade on the draft prospects in the draft.

I think they clearly grade players differently then other GM's/coachs and it comes down to have they been successful at drafting players. I would personally say they are average, they've made some good picks (Bradley, Herramens, Bunkley, Jackson) but they've also had some bad ones (Mitchell, Justice, Hunt, the countless 5 6 or 7th rounders that can't even make the practive squad....)

You can pick out any GM/Coach and find good picks and bad picks. I feel that the Eagles did a lot better in the Draft prior to 2006.

I think the problem lies with Reid having dual responsibilities in both personnel and coaching decisions. This offseason is a big one for the Birds in terms of what Reid's role is going to be next year: Coach, VP of FO, both, or neither (although I think the last is unlikely). This will have a huge effect on their offseason moves and the Draft especially. Personally, I think Reid is spreading himself too thin and I would like to see them bring in a football guy as their personnel man.

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:14 AM

Agreed, on the fact we don't know what they'll do. It all depends on whats available. I really can't see the Eagles going CB though in the first, almost everyone of interest would have to be gone to pick a CB in the first round. I do think CB is a possibility, but with Asante and Sheldon starting, and Hanson doing a good job as the Nickel, and Ike coming in, CB isn't a major need, I do think we take one in the later rounds maybe though. RB on the other hand, I think could be very possible depending on the situation.

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:17 AM
The Eagles have shown a reluctance to draft players above the level that they value them. They have paid top money to players and moved up to get them, but only at a value that they see as appropriate. They have traded back in recent years because they haven't seen enough value. While I don't see them ever trading into the top 10 because of the contract size involved, I could see them moving up to get a guy if they felt he was the guy they needed.

They have moved up in the past for Andrews and McDougle. They just never had 2 firsts. If there are 2 guys that they love, they will take them if they can do it.

Exactly what I think, it really all depends on the players available. The Eagles only do trades if they perceive that they will get good value out of them. If there isn't good value with one of the first rounders, they will trade down, but we don't know who is going where and how that will affect the Eagles. It all depends on the situation.

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:19 AM
I agree we can't say automatically that they are going to trade away both if any of their 1st round picks... sure they did it in the past when they had 1 first rounder but that was becasue Andy and Joe felt the talent level of anyone they wouold havedrafted at that point wasn't worth a 1st round pick.... If anything I think history would show that if Andy and Joe really like someone they will try to move up to get him, Shawn Andrews is an example of that.

If they have the oppertunity to trade up to get a guy they like they I have confidence they will do it... The real question is who they like and think is a good value when they draft vs. who we like as fans....

Exactly, it all depends on who's available.

I'll second that, the team has shown they they really can evaluate players better than us fans...

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:25 AM

Lets not forget other great draft picks like McNabb, Westbrook, Celek (to an extent), MJG, Bradley, Patterson, Abiamiri (beginning to show it), Cole, Gaither, Sheldon, and some others. Of course there were misses like Pinkston, McDougle, and plenty of others, but I'd say they have a lot more good draft picks than bad ones. 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders shouldn't be labelled as busts because there aren't great expectations from them anyway. If anything, the Eagles are good at drafting in the later rounds, many of our starters ar from the 5th round and later...

twista6002
01-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Beckum is just another LJ Smith. Small, injury prone, poor blocker, etc. Yuck. As far as I'm concerned tight end is the biggest need for this team, and I think we should make a move to try to get Pettigrew. He may be an average receiver but he can block, which is our tight ends' biggest flaws.

PS, I go to Rutgers and watch them religiously and I can tell you Courtney Greene will be a bust. Maybe if he's available in the 5th we should take him, for depth and kickoff coverage purposes.

eaglesalltheway
01-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Beckum is just another LJ Smith. Small, injury prone, poor blocker, etc. Yuck. As far as I'm concerned tight end is the biggest need for this team, and I think we should make a move to try to get Pettigrew. He may be an average receiver but he can block, which is our tight ends' biggest flaws.

PS, I go to Rutgers and watch them religiously and I can tell you Courtney Greene will be a bust. Maybe if he's available in the 5th we should take him, for depth and kickoff coverage purposes.

Beckum is even smaller than LJ if I remember correctly, I really do not like him at all. Pettigrew really isn't a poor receiver, its just with him being a great blocker, that gets mentioned first, unlike receiving TEs who of course, have their receiving attributes mentioned first. Pettigrew was under-used a bit, and with Dez Bryant at WR or OK State, Pettigrew had less opportunites to make an impact in the receiving game. Its something Scott mentions in Pettigrew's scouting report. I don't think that TE is the biggest need, however. OL is the biggest need, Celek has stepped it up a bit recently and I think we could get by with him as a TE next year if we would need to, though I would prefer another option there. Another TE option though is Chase Coffman, I've been riding his balls all season and he really reminds me a bit of Jason Witten physically, though Witten probably has him in terms of height by a few inches. Coffman looks like an average person, he doesn't look very muscular in any part of his body, but he has incredible strength and breaks tackles well, he has a bunch of YAC ability.

I agree on Courtney Green. I'm glad Mikell played like a monster so we won't need a SS. I really like Mikell and think he could be a great player for a while.

Sniper
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Taylor Mays not coming out makes Sniper a sad panda!

http://wowtcgscrub.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/sadpanda.jpg

Zyro_1014
01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Taylor Mays not coming out makes Sniper a sad panda!

i dont think we would have been able to get him anyways :(

http://wowtcgscrub.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/sadpanda.jpg

twista6002
01-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Taylor Mays hits about as hard as a panda. I don't see what the big deal is about him.

Zyro_1014
01-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Taylor Mays hits about as hard as a panda. I don't see what the big deal is about him.

well he would be a great eagle, so if you dont support that.....git out! lol

twista6002
01-17-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't think he'd be good as an Eagle. Herm Edwards, Andre Waters, Brian Dawkins this franchise likes safeties that like to hit. Our scheme demands our safeties fly to the ball, which I've never seen Mays do. We don't need a safety anyways. Besides, it's a moot point because he's going back to school.

cunningham06
01-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Since we don't have a real fullback, I expect us to draft one this year. Who do you guys like at FB? Personally, I just want someone who can blow open running lanes even if they don't offer much running or catching the ball.

Quinn Johnson fits the bill and we could probably get him pretty late.

twista6002
01-18-2009, 02:04 AM
I'd love a fullback but knowing AR we'll either keep Klecko there or convert someone from a different position. His criterion is you can't have an overwhelming amount of experience playing the position.

Sniper
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
The Eagles' biggest needs in my opinion are...

1. OT- Runyan is probably gone. Thomas is on the downside of his career. This is basically needs #1 and #2.
2. #1 WR- We need one. End o' story. I love Baskett, Avant and Jackson, but we need that big stud guy who will be the go-to guy.
3. TE- Celek had a great game but I'm not sold yet. I'd love to have a nice field stretcher who can also block. Brandon Pettigrew would be huge. It'd help with the red-zone O.
4. Fullback- We need one. Now.
5. Depth DT- Bunkley and Patterson are awesome, and Laws will progress. But I like having four good DTs.
6. Safety- I don't know if Demps is the answer yet. Even if he is, we still need 3 good safeties. Dawkins will probably get a short-term contract which will be just enough to groom a new safety.

Zyro_1014
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Since we don't have a real fullback, I expect us to draft one this year. Who do you guys like at FB? Personally, I just want someone who can blow open running lanes even if they don't offer much running or catching the ball.

Quinn Johnson fits the bill and we could probably get him pretty late.

wait till next year and get Havili! :)

bigbluedefense
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM
The Eagles' biggest needs in my opinion are...

1. OT- Runyan is probably gone. Thomas is on the downside of his career. This is basically needs #1 and #2.
2. #1 WR- We need one. End o' story. I love Baskett, Avant and Jackson, but we need that big stud guy who will be the go-to guy.
3. TE- Celek had a great game but I'm not sold yet. I'd love to have a nice field stretcher who can also block. Brandon Pettigrew would be huge. It'd help with the red-zone O.
4. Fullback- We need one. Now.
5. Depth DT- Bunkley and Patterson are awesome, and Laws will progress. But I like having four good DTs.
6. Safety- I don't know if Demps is the answer yet. Even if he is, we still need 3 good safeties. Dawkins will probably get a short-term contract which will be just enough to groom a new safety.

Im sold on Celek.

He's a Kevin Boss clone.

twista6002
01-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Celek is good but he still drops a gimmie from time to time. If I had my druthers, both Smith and Schobel (I'll never forgive him for whiffing on that block at Chicago) would be out of town, and we'd get Pettigrew. That way we'd have 2 decent pass catching ends one of whom is a dominant blocker.

eaglesalltheway
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Im sold on Celek.

He's a Kevin Boss clone.

I'm not quite sold, but I'd say sale pending is working for me on my opinion of Celek.

eaglesalltheway
01-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Celek is good but he still drops a gimmie from time to time. If I had my druthers, both Smith and Schobel (I'll never forgive him for whiffing on that block at Chicago) would be out of town, and we'd get Pettigrew. That way we'd have 2 decent pass catching ends one of whom is a dominant blocker.

I too am not the biggest fan of Schoebel. but he does stretch the field a bit more than Celek and Pettigrew do/would. He is vastly overpaid, but its not my money so I can live with it because he adds a little bit more speed and a downfield threat.

derza222
01-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Eagles fans, I understand RB is not much of a need but also think that adding a guy to take some pressure off Westbrook that can produce some in short yardage could be appealing if the right value presents itself. Beanie Wells is a great compliment and should be solid in short yardage but also isn't a great fit for the WCO. So which of the backs that should go relatively early would make the most sense for the Eagles to draft, if they were to draft one? Again I get that it's not a huge need so if you could just bear with my curiosity and understand this is a hypothetical that would be awesome.

camp_eagles
01-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Ok after watching some senior bowl highlights on nfl.com Mayock has me sold on Shawn Nelson TE from Southern Miss. First of all he owned Rey Maualuga on a block and he made a nice diving catch. We could probably get him in a later round for now but I think his stock will start flying.

twista6002
01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I too am not the biggest fan of Schoebel. but he does stretch the field a bit more than Celek and Pettigrew do/would. He is vastly overpaid, but its not my money so I can live with it because he adds a little bit more speed and a downfield threat.

But Schobel can't block worth a crap, which is our tight ends biggest problem. Heck he didn't even try on that goal line situation in Chicago. I'm glad Andy didn't let him see the field the rest of the season.

eaglesalltheway
01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Eagles fans, I understand RB is not much of a need but also think that adding a guy to take some pressure off Westbrook that can produce some in short yardage could be appealing if the right value presents itself. Beanie Wells is a great compliment and should be solid in short yardage but also isn't a great fit for the WCO. So which of the backs that should go relatively early would make the most sense for the Eagles to draft, if they were to draft one? Again I get that it's not a huge need so if you could just bear with my curiosity and understand this is a hypothetical that would be awesome.

I would love Beanie, but he won't last to either of our picks at this moment. I think the RB that would fit best that we could get early would be Knowshon Moreno. I wasn't a huge fan of his coming into the season, but i really like him now. He has tons of versatility and is a weapon in the passign game as well. I think one of his games he had 9 catches or something for 80+ yards. I'm not sure, but it is at least something very similar to that. Now he isn't a pounder, but he is a great fit if we want him to be groomed for the future.

eaglesalltheway
01-22-2009, 06:44 AM
But Schobel can't block worth a crap, which is our tight ends biggest problem. Heck he didn't even try on that goal line situation in Chicago. I'm glad Andy didn't let him see the field the rest of the season.

True, and that is something I am aware of, and he is a horrible blocker. But I was just bringing up the fact that he has a bit more ability to stretch the field better than either of the guys I mentioned would. I wouldn't be surprised if he is released, and would support it, but also would understand if he stays.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Hakeem Nicks would be a great WR for our system. Him and Jackson would be a great young duo. There's a great possibility he's there for our 3rd pick(2nd round) and could be a good fallback if we can't get Boldin.

Zyro_1014
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Hakeem Nicks would be a great WR for our system. Him and Jackson would be a great young duo. There's a great possibility he's there for our 3rd pick(2nd round) and could be a good fallback if we can't get Boldin.

i would be all for getting DHB if he is there lol

Bills2083
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm trying to work out a Bills' mock offseason on the Bills messageboard (not on here).
The board is divided on whether or not we should trade Jason Peters.
Now, I know that the Eagles need an OT. If you guys were running the Eagles, would you be willing to trade for him? If so, what would you be willing to give up?

Sniper
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm trying to work out a Bills' mock offseason on the Bills messageboard (not on here).
Now, I know that the Eagles need an OT. If you guys were running the Eagles, would you be willing to trade for him? If so, what would you be willing to give up?

Larf. I gave up a first for him in the forum mock, thinking with a new deal he'd be motivated. In real life, probably a 2nd or 3rd.

twista6002
01-22-2009, 10:04 PM

Jason Peters = overrated no thanks

Zyro_1014
01-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Jason Peters = overrated no thanks

Eagles= Need fresh new linemen.

eaglesalltheway
01-23-2009, 06:25 AM

For some reason, the first time I read it I thought it said Fullback. I had a mini tourets attack until I realized it didn't make sense. (Once I got to Boldin) I like Hakeem Nicks, but I prefer Kenny Britt. I'd be fine if we can get either in the second round.

twista6002
01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Eagles= Need good new linemen.

edited for ya;)

camp_eagles
01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
edited for ya;)

all I hear about on the bills local radio station is how he made the pro bowl and is 2nd team all pro while playing 13 games (I think) and allowing something like 11 sacks. No Thanks

twista6002
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
all I hear about on the bills local radio station is how he made the pro bowl and is 2nd team all pro while playing 13 games (I think) and allowing something like 11 sacks. No Thanks

Yea I agree, but I think Zyro was implying we need new linemen, regardless of skill, and I corrected him.

Zyro_1014
01-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Yea I agree, but I think Zyro was implying we need new linemen, regardless of skill, and I corrected him.

yep, thats what i meant. i think we should bring in new sucky guys.

No, i think that if Peters got his head on straight he would be a great pick up for us. When i said i wanted new guys, i obviously didnt mean i wanted just a bunch of scrubs.

Bills2083
01-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I know that Jason Peters is overrated.
I just wasn't sure if you guys still wanted him or not.

camp_eagles
01-24-2009, 09:49 AM

No, i think that if Peters got his head on straight he would be a great pick up for us. When i said i wanted new guys, i obviously didnt mean i wanted just a bunch of scrubs.

Good because if you just said you wanted new guys then we would become the bills Ex huge money for Derrick Dockery

eaglesalltheway
01-24-2009, 06:59 PM

Aww come on, sucky players have their redeeming qualities too, haha. Its almost like watching a toddler learn to walk...

twista6002
01-24-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't see any reason to bring in an overrated and overpaid left tackle when A. there are going to be possibly half a dozen franchise left tackles in the upcoming draft, and b. we have someone that can play the position better than him in Herremans.

Zyro_1014
01-25-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't see any reason to bring in an overrated and overpaid left tackle when A. there are going to be possibly half a dozen franchise left tackles in the upcoming draft, and b. we have someone that can play the position better than him in Herremans.

a motivated Peters is a very very good Left Tackle.

twista6002
01-25-2009, 12:13 AM
a motivated Peters is a very very good Left Tackle.

If motivation is an issue, why would we even trade for him? I want guys that want to play and want to win regardless of their contract, situation or team they're on. We'd be biting off more than we could chew if we want to trade for some clown that literally played an entire season unmotivated, not to mention give him a huge salary.

Zyro_1014
01-25-2009, 12:23 AM
If motivation is an issue, why would we even trade for him? I want guys that want to play and want to win regardless of their contract, situation or team they're on. We'd be biting off more than we could chew if we want to trade for some clown that literally played an entire season unmotivated, not to mention give him a huge salary.

it happens all the time. i feel the same way as you, but believe it or not it is a big part of the game today. If players are happy, they play well. Its just how it works. Im just saying i would not mind having Peters.

Im with you in saying that you should play well regardless, but thats not always how it works.

gameplaya2435
01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I was wondering about this while watching the Senior Bowl. I know we don't need another mediocre/unknown WR for our corps, but if Pat White was available on Day 2, do you think the Eagles would consider him? He's so athletic that I think we have to take a look even if he will be a project WR. Just wondering what all your thoughts were.

eaglesalltheway
01-26-2009, 06:42 AM
I was wondering about this while watching the Senior Bowl. I know we don't need another mediocre/unknown WR for our corps, but if Pat White was available on Day 2, do you think the Eagles would consider him? He's so athletic that I think we have to take a look even if he will be a project WR. Just wondering what all your thoughts were.

I'd say probably not. The team is only looking for guys that can develop into the #1 WR for us. Best case scenario for Pat White after he is fully developed in 4 or 5 years is him being a decent #2 IMO. His hands are relatively unknown, and thqat is one thing that we don't need more of, drops, from the WR corp. He may have great hands, I don't know, but very few people know how good his hands truly are.

Eaglez.Fan
01-27-2009, 01:56 PM
After watching the Senior Bowl, I fell in love with William Beatty. On all of his plays he completely locked down the rushing end, in pass protection. He has very good size, amazing feet and athleticism. He was also pretty good against the run. IMO he's the #5th OT on the board behind the big 4. I'd love to grab him in the 2nd and I would not be mad at all with trading down into the early 2nd with one of our 1st rounders, to take Beatty.

twista6002
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM

I wouldn't mind using him as a returner assuming we let Demps become the full time FS and likely revoke his return duties. But basically that's the only reason I'd want him.

eaglesalltheway
01-28-2009, 09:27 AM
After watching the Senior Bowl, I fell in love with Williams Beatty. On all of his plays he completely locked down the rushing end, in pass protection. He has very good size, amazing feet and athleticism. He was also pretty good against the run. IMO he's the #5th OT on the board behind the big 4. I'd love to grab him in the 2nd and I would not be mad at all with trading down into the early 2nd with one of our 1st rounders, to take Beatty.

He has had a meteoric rise in his stock the last few weeks, as some experts would say. I would bet not many people even knew his name a month or two ago. I like him a lot as a player, but he needs to get stronger and will need to improve a few things in his game. He is a little bit finesse from the UConn games I saw (didn't see the senior bowl game or practices) and may not be the perfect fit, but if we could get him in the second to develop and get stronger at the running game and use his hands better, he could be a franchise LT. I don't like him as much as Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, or Michael Oher. I'm not the biggest fan of Jason Smith for some reason, though I think he will be a good LT.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-28-2009, 10:36 AM
After watching the Senior Bowl, I fell in love with Williams Beatty. On all of his plays he completely locked down the rushing end, in pass protection. He has very good size, amazing feet and athleticism. He was also pretty good against the run. IMO he's the #5th OT on the board behind the big 4. I'd love to grab him in the 2nd and I would not be mad at all with trading down into the early 2nd with one of our 1st rounders, to take Beatty.

Great post- I completely agree. I wouldn't even rule out Beatty's stock rising into the first round come draft time, similar to Duane Brown last year. I wouldn't be opposed to them drafting him with their second first-rounder.

I'm really having problems with the Eagles first pick though. I really don't see Pettigrew lasting until their pick, with the Bills at 11, etc, not to mention other teams trading up. I don't think the Eagles are willing to trade up to get him, either. And I don't like the value for Britton there, just not a big fan of his.

For me, best-case scenario would be trading out of their first pick for an early 2 and accumulating some later picks, and taking Beatty and Hakeem Nicks late 1st/early 2nd in whatever order their stock dictates come draft time. After watching some tape on Nicks, I like him way better than Kenny Britt. He gets better separation than Britt, in my opinion. He's big, physical, and great after the catch. The dude just turns into an animal once he gets the ball in his hands.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Great post- I completely agree. I wouldn't even rule out Beatty's stock rising into the first round come draft time, similar to Duane Brown last year. I wouldn't be opposed to them drafting him with their second first-rounder.

I'm really having problems with the Eagles first pick though. I really don't see Pettigrew lasting until their pick, with the Bills at 11, etc, not to mention other teams trading up. I don't think the Eagles are willing to trade up to get him, either. And I don't like the value for Britton there, just not a big fan of his.

For me, best-case scenario would be trading out of their first pick for an early 2 and accumulating some later picks, and taking Beatty and Hakeem Nicks late 1st/early 2nd in whatever order their stock dictates come draft time. After watching some tape on Nicks, I like him way better than Kenny Britt. He gets better separation than Britt, in my opinion. He's big, physical, and great after the catch. The dude just turns into an animal once he gets the ball in his hands.

If we can't get Boldin for some reason or another I think we should make a strong push for Nicks. He is very similar to Boldin and will give us a dynamic young tandem with him and Jackson. If he is there for us in the 2nd that would be great, but at the moment I'm not so sure he drops that far. If we trade down into the early to mid second than we can grab him and a solid 2nd tier O-lineman like Kropog or Loadholt, or possibly even Beatty depending on the scenario.

eaglesalltheway
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I would be a fan of a ton of scenarios, and getting a LT and #1 WR is definitely one of them. I don't care who it is as long as they pan out...

Zyro_1014
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I would be a fan of a ton of scenarios, and getting a LT and #1 WR is definitely one of them. I don't care who it is as long as they pan out...

i agree, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get Boldin though. Definately on my early christmas list.

Go_Eagles77
01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm not gonna set my heart on a certain player this year, because it never works out. 2 years ago it was Michael Griffin, last year Devin Thomas/James Hardy (glad that one didn't work out).
I'll make a couple mocks, but I'm not gonna stress over hoping the eagles pick a certain player, I'll just hope it works out well.

Zyro_1014
01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm not gonna set my heart on a certain player this year, because it never works out. 2 years ago it was Michael Griffin, last year Devin Thomas/James Hardy (glad that one didn't work out).
I'll make a couple mocks, but I'm not gonna stress over hoping the eagles pick a certain player, I'll just hope it works out well.

i was also really wanting Devin Thomas last year lol.

Glad we got Desean instead.

twista6002
01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
The draft is 3 freaking months away?!?!? :( :mad: :twisted:

Sniper
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
i was also really wanting Devin Thomas last year lol.

Glad we got Desean instead.

I wanted to stab anyone who gave us DeSean at #19 in a mock last year. I was wrong.

eaglesalltheway
01-29-2009, 06:18 AM
I wanted to stab anyone who gave us DeSean at #19 in a mock last year. I was wrong.

You and i were probably the biggest detractors of getting DeSeason in the first round, but I was a little less pissed that we used a second rounder, though with his production, I'd say the first rounder would have been worth it.

eaglesalltheway
01-29-2009, 06:25 AM

Neither do I. There are a bunch of OL prospects I really like, and there are a variety of S prospects throughout the draft that I think would be great picks, and the same goes with TE. There are a few WR prospects I like in the 2nd to third round range, along with some of the top guys. I like the RB prospects a bunch too. Beanie Wells would be sweet, as would KnoShon or Shady. I like Green as well, but I think the other RBs have a better chance of becoming starters, Shonne seems like he would be stuck more in the power back role alone. Granted he would probably thrive there, but eventually we are gonna need a starter at RB, and I think his chances of becoming a starter, in the WCO anyway, are less than the other three. there are a few mid round RB prospects I like as well. Basiclaly what i am saying is this, it will be almost impossible for me to be upset with the outcome of the draft as it happens...

eaglesalltheway
01-29-2009, 06:26 AM
i agree, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get Boldin though. Definately on my early christmas list.

If we could get Boldin for a first and third, I would cry tears of never-ending joy...

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Neither do I. There are a bunch of OL prospects I really like, and there are a variety of S prospects throughout the draft that I think would be great picks, and the same goes with TE. There are a few WR prospects I like in the 2nd to third round range, along with some of the top guys. I like the RB prospects a bunch too. Beanie Wells would be sweet, as would KnoShon or Shady.

Curious to see those mid-round or later prospects that you like. In particular, I really like Derek Pegues, Ramses Barden, Michael Hamlin, Travis Beckum, Joe Burnett, Rashad Jennings, Nic Harris, and I hate to say it, but Jorvorskie Lane.

Go_Eagles77
01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Quinn Johnson reminds me a lot of Le'Ron McClain, I really hope the eagles draft him to be the starting fullback and get some short yardage carries.

ryan0022
01-29-2009, 02:00 PM
If we could get Boldin for a first and third, I would cry tears of never-ending joy...

Instead of having to trade a 1st and a 3rd (if that would even be enough) for Boldin, why not try to get aguy like Houshmanzadeh in free agency. Boldin is nice and don't get em wrong I would love to have him on this team but I think just signing TJ would be a better option...

Also, I'm not sold on him since he was hurt this year. What he did was unbeleivable in coming back form that hit so quickly but I think it had some effect on his play later in the year....

Zyro_1014
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Instead of having to trade a 1st and a 3rd (if that would even be enough) for Boldin, why not try to get aguy like Houshmanzadeh in free agency. Boldin is nice and don't get em wrong I would love to have him on this team but I think just signing TJ would be a better option...

Also, I'm not sold on him since he was hurt this year. What he did was unbeleivable in coming back form that hit so quickly but I think it had some effect on his play later in the year....

Bro, TJ has never been a number 1 WR. If he comes to Philly he wont have a guy to take on the double teams like he did in Cincy with Ocho Cinco. Boldin would be a much better WR for us.