PDA

View Full Version : 2007 first round- Was-Car trade

MWill
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
1. Oakland: Jamarcus Russell, QB (LSU): Unless Quinn overshadows him in the pro day, Russell will be the top pick. A strong vertical passer, he has the type of size and skill set that the Raiders have boasted at QB.

2. Detroit: Joe Thomas, T (Wisconcin): Millen wants to improve his reputation. Kitna, with protection and with a talented receiver (Roy Williams) can get you some wins, and Millen needs an 8-8 or 9-7 season to keep his job. Thomas is the pick that can help them the most right now.

3. Cleveland: Adrian Peterson, RB (Oklahoma): His amazing combine showed the brilliance that he already shows. Can pick up offensive line help later with Staley, Grubbs, Sears, or Kalil all certain to be availabe at 35.

4. Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson, WR (Georgia Tech): If Minnesota, Atlanta, or even Houston doesn't make a trade up to get him, then Tampa will get the steal of this draft. The best player availabe with freakish size and athleticism, he will help to spread the offense for Cadillac.

5. Arizona: Laron Landry, S (LSU): Athletic safety who can cover the middle of the field. Helps to allow Adrian Wilson to play closer to the line, which he is more comftorable with.

6. Washington: (trade to Carolina for 14th pick and 46th pick)
Carolina: Brady Quinn, QB (Notre Dame): Carolina does not have a great number of holes to fill, so offering up a 2nd rounder is not the end of the world. Delhomme's struggles last year was one of the main reasons for Carolina's dissapointing season. He is aging, and with a stud like Smith you want someone who can deliver the ball to him. A potential star like Quinn is that guy. Minnesota, Houston, Miami, and St. Louis all could make a move for him so Carolina will have to bite to grab him.

7. Minnesota: Gaines Adams, DE (Clemson): A quality defense last year, strong in the interior, but their ends had great strugges to getting to the QB last year and the draft's best pass rusher could go a long way in improving that.

8. Houston: Alan Branch, DT (Michigan): A five tool defensive lineman who can plug holes and get to the QB. He can also take up blockers from Ryans and Williams.

9. Miami: Levi Brown, T (Penn State): McKinney did not get the job done at LT last year and that was a big reason for the struggles that not only the QB's they plugged in faced, but also the problems for Ronnie Brown.

10. Atlanta: Amobi Okoye, DT (Louisville): With a lot of strong CB's in the draft, a 2nd rounder like Marcus McCauley, Josh Wilson, or A.J Davis, as well as possibly Michael Griffin, could be available in the 2nd round. Okoye is the perfect fit in the defensive scheme.

11. San Francisco: Leon Hall, CB (Michigan): Showed that he has the athleticism many questioned at the combine. A technically sound CB who can bring youth and depth to a weak secondary on an improving team.

12. Buffalo: Ted Ginn Jr., WR (Ohio State): Losman showed great flashes last season. Lee Evans has great talent, but Peerless Price's age and Josh Reed's inability to show great skill so far will lead them to take this talent receiver who can form a strong one two combo with Evans that Losman can grow with.

13. St. Louis: Patrick Willis, LB (Mississippi): His athleticism is very impressive for his size, and he is a tackling machine. Can play the SLB or MLB, two areas of need considering Chillar's dissapointing season and the release of Coakley.

14. Washington (Via Carolina): Jamaal Anderson, DE (Arkansas): Need a 2nd rounder with so few picks, and they have a couple of needs (DE, CB, DT), and they should play the odds that between Anderson, Okoye, Hall, Houston, and Revis, one of them should be available at 14. Anderson is a player I don't like, as he doesn't use his hands enough or play the run well, but his athleticism will lead the Skins to grab him considering their inability to rush the passser.

15. Pittsburgh: Anthony Spencer, DE/LB (Purdue): Has the size and athleticsm to bring a strong pass rush from the outside, and the ability to go sideline to sideline, for an aging Steelers LB squad.

16. Green Bay: Marshawn Lynch, RB (California): Ideal size for a RB, with the ability to get through holes and as a receiver out of the backfield. Green is old and has had injuries, and Lynch is a potential franchise back for a team that needs one.

17. Jacksonville: Reggie Nelson, S (Florida): Safety is a great area of need, and Nelson is a top flight prospect who is great value at 17.

18. Cincinatti: Chris Houston, CB (Arkansas): Terrible play at the cornerback position is the reason to draft this underclassmen who is more then just a workout warrior.

19. Tennessee: Dwayne Bowe, WR (LSU): Has the size and speed with his size, to be a potential top flight receiver. There will be talent in the secondary in the 2nd round, but it is too hard for Fisher to pass on a potential top wideout for Young, especially how badly Givens' injury was.

20. NY Giants: Paul Posluszny, LB (Penn State): Showed strong athleticism at the combine, and there is not questioning his football skills. The Giants are in an overhaul, especially at the linebacker position, so Poz is a great place to start.

21. Denver: Adam Carriker, DE (Nebraska): An incredible athete for his size, and an incredible steal at 21, Carriker has the rare ability to both rush the passer and stuff up the run.

22. Dallas: Aaron Ross, CB (Texas): Has the ability to play FS if needed, but corners opposite Newman were terribly weak last season and new talent is needed.

23. Kansas City: Robert Meachem, WR (Tennessee): Incredible speed and great size, Meachem is a top flight receiver and can give KC their first top receiver in years.

24. New England (via Seattle): Eric Weddle, S (Utah): Jarret is the surprise pass here. New England will look else where for receiver help, especially since receiver was not the reason they didn't win the Super Bowl. Weddle showed great athleticsim at the combine, had a great senior bowl, and is a great football player who is versatile.

25. NY Jets: Charles Johnson, DE (Georgia): Dissapointed at the combine, but still has the strong pass rushing skills needed to be a great pass rusher from the 3-4 scheme.

26. Philadelphia: Lawrence Timmons, LB (Florida State): Great at athlete who can go sideline to sideline, he could help one of the league's worst rush defenses.

27. New Orleans: Greg Olsen, TE (Miami): Well known combine hero, Olsen was a great talent prior to this past week. The Saints don't have that excellent TE to go with their offensive arsenal, so it'll be impossible for Payton to pass it up.

28. New England: Tim Shaw, LB (Penn State): Has the size and strength to play the OLB in a 3-4 and, like Weddle at 24, has versatility. Don't be surprised if they trade out of this or the 24th pick.

29. Baltimore: Jon Beason, LB (Miami): Talented linebacker with never ending energy. Need to fill the shoes left by Addalius Thomas.

30. San Diego: Dwayne Jarret, WR (USC): Lack of a top tier receiver hurt them last year. Jarret's speed questions and decision to not participate in the combine will scare teams, but San Diego needs a top of the line WR in a bad way.

31. Chicago: Arron Sears, OL (Tennessee): Need youth on the offensive line, and Sears brings that, plus the ability to play G or RT.

32. Indianapolis: Tank Tyler, DT (NC State): It will be hard to pass on a DT of his quality at 32 when, despite a strong showing in the playoffs, the squad was miserable against the run.

bored of education
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Love meachem

49erfaithful
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I dont like SF taking Hall

MWill
02-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I dont like SF taking Hall
why? He is a talented corner and CB is a desperate need for the Niners.

PalmerToCJ
02-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I personally would rather see Revis or Timmons but nice position pick with Ross... I just don't like guys that give those kinds of cushions in our defense.

bigmac076
02-28-2007, 10:09 PM
you must be a Redskins fan. they trade down to #14 and still get a top 10 player. I have seen Anderson go #2 overall on numerous mocks. The trade may happen, but they wont get Anderson.

KCJ58
02-28-2007, 10:12 PM
love the Rams pick

MWill
02-28-2007, 10:14 PM
you must be a Redskins fan. they trade down to #14 and still get a top 10 player. I have seen Anderson go #2 overall on numerous mocks. The trade may happen, but they wont get Anderson.

Not a Redskins fan actually. I'm from Boston. I made the trade assuming that Washington would be happy with a 2nd rounder and Leon Hall, Amobi Okoye, Gaines Adams, Jamal Anderson, Chris Houston, or Alan Branch. Who do you see out of Minnesota, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, San Fran, Buffalo, or St. Louis taking Anderson?

T-RICH49
02-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Love meachem

As do I.Meachem will make LJ and Gonzo's life easier

BiggerFoot
02-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Solid pick for the Saints, we just released one of our Tight Ends but also resigned one as well. Olsen would give the Saints someone to strecth the middle of the field with. Although we might go LB or CB

Chucky
02-28-2007, 10:36 PM
good bucs pick

BlindSite
02-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Panthers struggled last year because we lost 2 games under Weinke. If we had delhomme for either we would've won imo.

bigmac076
02-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Not a Redskins fan actually. I'm from Boston. I made the trade assuming that Washington would be happy with a 2nd rounder and Leon Hall, Amobi Okoye, Gaines Adams, Jamal Anderson, Chris Houston, or Alan Branch. Who do you see out of Minnesota, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, San Fran, Buffalo, or St. Louis taking Anderson?
Minnesota will take Anderson then Miami will take Adams

RaiderNation
02-28-2007, 11:35 PM
good raider pick

Im_a_Romosexual
02-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Henry and Glenn weren't as bad as you say they were, decent pick though

thebow305
03-01-2007, 12:12 AM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! I hate people that don't know what they are talking about! Mckinney didn't play one down at LT for us this year, and I don't believe he has ever played a down at LT in his career with the Dolphins, or for anyone at that matter! He started at center for us before and we moved him to guard before the year started and he got hurt at the beginning of the year, missing most of the season if my memory serves me correct. Ugh.... terrible explanation... but ok pick!

Caddy
03-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Great Buc pick

pickles
03-01-2007, 12:52 AM
why? He is a talented corner and CB is a desperate need for the Niners.

Not desperate enough to pass on Jamaal Anderson

My 49ers Big Board

Calvin Johnson WR
Alan Branch DT
Joe Thomas OT
Gaines Adams DE
Jamaal Anderson DE
Patrick Willis ILB
Leaon Hall CB
Levi Brown OT
*Dwayne Bowe WR
Adam Carriker DE

* 49ers will not pick a WR in the 1st round, they feel there is plenty of talent in the 3rd/4th round.

McBain
03-01-2007, 01:56 AM
killer.. nothin like tradin down and still getting the guy you want.

bigmac076
03-01-2007, 09:09 AM
killer.. nothin like tradin down and still getting the guy you want.
nice pipe dream eh? Anderson will go in the top 10. And why would the Redskins do something smart like trading down to get more day one picks?

HawkeyeFan
03-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Great Round 1 for St. Louis!

hugegmenfan
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
good giants pick

eaglesalltheway
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Absolutely horrible mock. What did you do, Look at the last fifteen ******s (min-utes)of the combine, hear who did well, and put them in the first round? You have Tim Shaw in the first, but not Michael Griffin (would be the Eagles pick, by the way), among many others. You obviously don't know a thing about a draft and I suggest you never do one like this again. I don't know why ******s has the *'s but it won't let me change it, so there it is.

MWill
03-01-2007, 10:30 PM
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! I hate people that don't know what they are talking about! Mckinney didn't play one down at LT for us this year, and I don't believe he has ever played a down at LT in his career with the Dolphins, or for anyone at that matter! He started at center for us before and we moved him to guard before the year started and he got hurt at the beginning of the year, missing most of the season if my memory serves me correct. Ugh.... terrible explanation... but ok pick!

I meant McCintosh, I'm sorry

MWill
03-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Absolutely horrible mock. What did you do, Look at the last fifteen ******s (min-utes)of the combine, hear who did well, and put them in the first round? You have Tim Shaw in the first, but not Michael Griffin (would be the Eagles pick, by the way), among many others. You obviously don't know a thing about a draft and I suggest you never do one like this again. I don't know why ******s has the *'s but it won't let me change it, so there it is.

Yeah, I watched the last 15 ******s of the combine and put this together. That is exactly what I did. I forgot that Tim Shaw is not allowed to go in the first round, especially if Michael Griffin isn't.

art vandelay
03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Don't take this personally but I'm going to -rep you for that ridiculous pick. Was that serious? We don't need a smallish fast WR with suspect hands and route running. We'll take a big bodied, physical WR later in the draft. I give this pick an F.