PDA

View Full Version : HELP!?! I SUCK AT NCAA 09 on 360

Santos-Stanton47
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I just got a 360 and im having trouble finding the hot spots on 360 vs ps2....in ps2 for example, deep posts, options, scrambling to find the open man, inside runs straight up field ALWAYS worked...IN NCAA 09 for 360...not so much.

I've thrown more picks than alex smith in his early years...(who am i kidding...STILL)

anyways. i just need to know what does work and doesnt work..its always changing, but its really bad... i was the best i personally knew at NCAA 09 on ps2, but my game has failed my new 360..

Other problems.
- i cant get a darn pass rush
-Blitz do not work
- why do i have to run laterally for 30 yards on options to find room?
- i cant adjust on the fly (manual help most likely)
- I can only throw button hooks and TE patterns
- screens dont work like they used to
- the post looks so open...but always gets picked!!!
- I can't move the ball in normal situations, but down by 14 in the 4th, im like elway
-DL is almost useless
- Go deep? Forget about it!

What i can do
- Stop the run
- QB runs
- User big hits and LB tackles
- outs are easy for big targets like julio jones
- I can find the big room to run for players like devine and pat white

If i could get any help, with learning the nuances on 360 gameplay. i would appreciate it..hints, tips, hot zones, easy adjustments..anything...

PLZ and ThankS

iowatreat54
07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
the game just came out this week...you should prolly just play games and figure out for yourself what plays work for whatever team you are

I always liked the people that would rather look online for "gimmick plays" that always work rather than just, you know, play the game and figure things out as you get more experienced

also, how did you play NCAA 09 on ps2, and be considered the best you knew on it already? I have only played the demo for like 2 games and I can already do most the stuff you said you can't...

Canadian_kid16
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Other problems.
- i cant get a darn pass rush
-Blitz do not work
- why do i have to run laterally for 30 yards on options to find room?
- i cant adjust on the fly (manual help most likely)
- I can only throw button hooks and TE patterns
- screens dont work like they used to
- the post looks so open...but always gets picked!!!
- I can't move the ball in normal situations, but down by 14 in the 4th, im like elway
-DL is almost useless
- Go deep? Forget about it!

-I don't understand what the big deal with no pash rush is...pick the best guy on the line and choose the move you want. Moved up to Heisman this morning, got 3 sacks with Selvie, now he's up to 10 on the year.
-Blitz's do work, just just as much as on pervious versions. You have to be very careful when you call your blitz
-how often do you look for cutback lanes? I do agree though, options work best once you reach the sideline
- adjusting on the fly meaning what? I don't do much adjusting, so I'm surious as to what you mean
-practice makes perfect
-screens are awesome in this game...they work like reall ife, you either get blown up or you get a solid gain, what don't work about them?
-place the ball better? lob pass? bullet pass?
-thats your issue, not much i can do there
-not if you know how to use them
-deep works alot more then in last years version

IDK dude, my suggestion is to get the controls memorized, and then go to practice, only thing you can really do

CJSchneider
07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I just got a 360 ...

At least you have one. I have to go get one now because EA Sports decided to alienate all of us PC users my not making a PC platform Madden 09 or
NCAA 09.

adschofield
07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
When running, you have to find the cutback lanes or you're screwed...But running is a bit tougher in 09

Crickett
07-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Ive given up on every being skilled at football video games. Any time I play Madden at a difficulty higher than "pro", I generally throw more interceptions than completions, have a YPC just under 2 and get trucked more by the computer more than a team full of Derek Smith's.

LonghornsLegend
07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
First things first, you need to go to practice and actually learn how to run the plays, before getting into a game and not knowing what your doing...Nobody uses the practice feature and get into the games wondering why their throwing picks.

Pick a passing play you like, and pick a great defense to stop it, keep running the play until you find the soft spots when guys get open, pick a zone defense and man defense, get used to clicking on the WR and making most of the catches user catches, thats an advantage you have to use on 09...The WR's are more active on user catches and it seems like the AI is improved, now they don't just throw their hands up over their head, they will jump up and go get the ball away from the DB, if you get used to that you will complete alot more passes.

Do the same things on defense, pick blitzes and run them until they work, I ran all kinds of plays on practice mode the first few days and still do now, if your expecting to learn everything on the fly it's going to be alot tougher...I don't feel like the running game is tougher like everyone says, I actually think its improved in the sense you can do alot of damage if you understand the concept of cutback lanes and getting the defense to turn their hips.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
-I don't understand what the big deal with no pash rush is...pick the best guy on the line and choose the move you want. Moved up to Heisman this morning, got 3 sacks with Selvie, now he's up to 10 on the year.
-Blitz's do work, just just as much as on pervious versions. You have to be very careful when you call your blitz
-how often do you look for cutback lanes? I do agree though, options work best once you reach the sideline
- adjusting on the fly meaning what? I don't do much adjusting, so I'm surious as to what you mean
-practice makes perfect
-screens are awesome in this game...they work like reall ife, you either get blown up or you get a solid gain, what don't work about them?
-place the ball better? lob pass? bullet pass?
-thats your issue, not much i can do there
-not if you know how to use them
-deep works alot more then in last years version

IDK dude, my suggestion is to get the controls memorized, and then go to practice, only thing you can really do

I think you are having so much success pass rushing, because Selvie is a monster.

yourfavestoner
07-18-2008, 04:24 PM
I think you are having so much success pass rushing, because Selvie is a monster.

Exactly. If you user-control an impact defensive end, he's a monster. Everybody else on the defensive line is pretty much worthless.

And is the CPU running game sucking for everyone else? I've held Noel Devine and Chris Wells to under 3 yards per carry in my last two games and I'm playing on Heisman.

Tampa 2 4 life
07-18-2008, 04:26 PM

I approve of this message.

PackerLegend
07-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Should have stayed loyal to sony and bought the better system a PS3 over 360. :D

Anyways seeing as you switched systems and havent played much your going to suck right away. You will get it down soon enough just pratice.

yourfavestoner
07-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Should have stayed loyal to sony and bought the better system a PS3 over 360. :D

Anyways seeing as you switched systems and havent played much your going to suck right away. You will get it down soon enough just pratice.

You can't even edit rosters on the PS3 version without the file getting corrupted and freezing your game over and over. PS3 users are still waiting for a patch to fix their currently broken games.

Canadian_kid16
07-18-2008, 05:05 PM

that may be so...but people say the pass rush is non-exsistent, and I disagree...you jsut gotta know who to use.

I still have a fair amount of sacks though...I have 11 with Selvie through 6 games, and about 10 with the rest of my defense, so its not impossible

ATLDirtyBirds
07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
that may be so...but people say the pass rush is non-exsistent, and I disagree...you jsut gotta know who to use.

I still have a fair amount of sacks though...I have 11 with Selvie through 6 games, and about 10 with the rest of my defense, so its not impossible

Do the Bulls have a good line then? I can barely get any pressure with Georgia, and I can get some decent pressure with Carlos Dunlap. I control, make a power or finesse move, and sometimes even get by the OL... but never get the the QB before he hits a wide open WR.

Brent
07-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Dont they still have that jump the snap feature? all you had to do was hit X right as it was snapped and you would just destroy the OT if you were a DE. It's a been a while since I played NC-dub, I think Bush was on the cover of the last one I played.

Canadian_kid16
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Do the Bulls have a good line then? I can barely get any pressure with Georgia, and I can get some decent pressure with Carlos Dunlap. I control, make a power or finesse move, and sometimes even get by the OL... but never get the the QB before he hits a wide open WR.

well, we have 4 DL's rated over 83 in the game...our DL is low 80s as well...obviously playing the likes of Syracuse (nother 6 sacks in that game) and FIU will make it easier for me to get sacks then playing some of the competition Georgia does.

I've found some what of a secret though, if you have a fast enough player on the end, I can get to the QB on a slip screen before he gets the pass off. Same thing with PA. You need to be luckier then skilled, but thats how I get about 60% of my sacks

adschofield
07-18-2008, 11:03 PM
The only problem I have is that WCO type offenses are killing me...The quick passes are killing because all of my DB's are playing too soft and I can't get a pass rush...but that might be because I'm playing with Kansas

Santos-Stanton47
07-18-2008, 11:05 PM
alright guys..thanks a lot

to clear some stuff up....every year i was NASTY at ncaa despite the year or the competition, but ever since switching i can't beat my practice dummies aka my friends...haha

anyways...jump the snap is not (thank god) what it was in 08 on ps2

i saw someone say "at least you got one"...well i paid 20 bucks for a refurb, ncaa, gta, and another game at gamestop for tradeins on ps2 stuff...so i made out well..

maybe im just impatient but, its just im looking for serious gameplay changes that maybe i haven't noticed yet that maybe one of you have. IM NOT looking for gimmick plays, like some suggest. its just tough from going from big kid on the block to the school boy ****** of my friends at this game

adschofield
07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I 3> the slip screen play...Also, passing to the RB in the flat is easy and can net some serious yardage

Canadian_kid16
07-18-2008, 11:23 PM
I 3> the slip screen play...Also, passing to the RB in the flat is easy and can net some serious yardage

thats the one thing that I have never really liked, the yardage that gets racked up by passing to the RB in the flats. It irks me to see my RB at the top of my receiving charts