PDA

View Full Version : VOTE NOW! Legends of Hockey Draft Results

Xiomera
07-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Here are the final team rosters for the Legends of Hockey draft.

Please Vote Now!
__________________________________________________ __

Team Xiomera (Detroit Red Wings)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/det.gif

Forward Lines
Ted Lindsay - Wayne Gretzky - Brett Hull
Brendan Shanahan - Steve Yzerman - Dino Ciccarelli
Dave Andreychuk - Pat LaFontaine - Theoren Fleury
Glenn Anderson - Mats Sundin - Igor Larionov
Sid Abel

Defense Pairings
Chris Chelios - Larry Murphy
Al MacInnis - Vladimir Konstantinov
Gary Suter - Doug Wilson

Goaltenders
Patrick Roy
Dominik Hasek
Mike Vernon

Team DJP (New York Rangers)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/nyr.gif

Forwards
Pavel Bure - Mario Lemieux - Maurice "Rocket" Richard
John LeClair - Bobby Clarke - Mike Bossy
Bob Gainey - Peter Forsberg - Andy Bathgate
Cy Denneny - Daryl Sittler - Brad Cook

Defensmen
Paul Coffey - Red Kelly
Brian Leetch - Scott Niedermayer
Viacheslav Fetisov - Serge Savard

Goalies
Terry Sawchuk
Ken Dryden
Curtis Joseph

Team Sniper (Montreal Canadians)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/mon.gif
Forwards
Boom Boom Geoffrion- Mark Messier- Jari Kurri
Charlie Conacher- Joe Sakic- Jaromir Jagr
Dickie Moore- Newsy Lalonde- Henri Richard
Aurel Joliat- Ron Francis-Lanny McDonald

Defensemen
Bobby Orr- Scott Stevens
King Clancy- Earl Seibert
Busher Jackson- Rod Langway

Goaltenders
Martin Brodeur
Georges Vezina

Team SuperMcGee (Boston Bruins)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/bos.gif
Forwards
Valery Kharlamov - Jean Beliveau - Guy Lafleur
Dale Hawerchuk - Gilbert Perreault - Marcel Dionne
Michel Goulet - Peter Stastny - Teemu Selanne
Toe Blake - Milt Schmidt - Cam Neely
Alexander Mogilny

Defenseman
Ray Bourque - Brad Park
Denis Potvin - Tim Horton
Pierre Pilote - Jack Stewart

Goalies
Jacques Plante
Bernie Parent
Turk Broda

Team Canadian_Kid (Toronto Maple Leafs)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/tor.gif
Forwards
Stan Mikita - Howie Morenz - Phil Esposito
Frank Mahovlich - Joe Malone - Johnny Bucyk
Bert Olmstead - Denis Savard - Yvan Cournoyer
Alex Delvecchio - Frank McGee - Rod Gilbert
Adam Oates

Defence
Doug Harvey- Dit Clapper
Borje Salming- Harry Howell
Marcel Pronovost- Glen Wesley

Goalie
Glenn Hall
George Hainsworth
Frankie Brimsek

Team SARF (Chicago Blackhawks)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/trans/chi.gif

Forwards
LW Bobby Hull - C Bryan Trottier - RW Gordie Howie
LW Luc Robitille - C Doug Gilmour - RW Mike Gartner
LW Mike Modano - C Sergei Fedorov - RW Claude Lemieux
LW Peter Bondra - C Bernie Nicholls - RW Joe Mullen

Defense
Eddie Shore - Nicklas Lidstrom
Larry Robinson - Phil Housley
Chris Pronger - Guy Lapointe

Goalies
Vladislav Tretiak
Grant Fuhr
Ed Belfour

VOTE NOW!

Xiomera
07-20-2008, 10:27 PM
My team excluded from consideration, I like DJP's team. SARF's next, IMO.

But I do love my team . . . very, very much.

Canadian_kid16
07-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I know i won't win, because no one knows about true old-time hockey, but it was a fun draft to participate in

JF4
07-21-2008, 12:41 AM
I like Mcgee's team the best. Team with the most depth all-around. Some of the picks made on other teams are a little iffy to me.

SuperMcGee
07-21-2008, 02:22 AM
I know i won't win, because no one knows about true old-time hockey, but it was a fun draft to participate in

I wouldn't say nobody knows about old-time hockey. Although I think taking a Nathan Gerbe sized player that never played in the NHL won't help you. I like your team, though. Your goalies, Salming, Olmstead, Mikita are all awesome.

Of course I like mine better: A group of 12 HOF forwards as good as any plus Mogilny, who in his prime could come in as the reserve and score a goal a game.
But my defense is my favorite. Bourque and Park is obviously a great pairing, I'm glad I got them together. Horton and Stewart are physical types, Pilote on the 3rd pairing is great as he'd give me whatever I needed from him on either side. Potvin could be my best guy, he's Denis Potvin, for some reason he's on my second pairing. Stewart - Pilote is probably my favorite pairing, it'd be so solid and fun to watch. I love this all-time stuff
I also have a bunch of old Buffalo Bisons :)

Xiomera
07-21-2008, 09:41 AM
My goaltending is scary. Roy, Hasek, and Vernon. That's a ton of Vezina's, Conn Smythe Trophy's, and most importantly, they've all won Stanley Cups (8 total). And throw in Olympic Gold for Dom.

CJSchneider
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Great teams by everyone, but Xio won my vote in the end.

Xiomera
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I think I won this one.

WOOO!

SuperMcGee
07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
What's the fun in a team of all guys that were active in the mid-90's (+Ted Lindsay) ? I say BOO to team Xiomera. BOOOO! Milt Schmidt ftw! (but really I do like my team best)

Xiomera
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
What's the fun in a team of all guys that were active in the mid-90's (+Ted Lindsay) ? I say BOO to team Xiomera. BOOOO! Milt Schmidt ftw! (but really I do like my team best)

If I had thought that taking a bunch of guys from the 1930's and 40's was gonna help me win this thing, I might have delved deeper into hockey history. But my plan seemed to work just fine. I was content to let you guys all pick the old-timers while I got the studs of the past 25 years.
[and guess what . . . ? I FREAKIN WON !]

SuperMcGee
07-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Well it's clear now that taking more recent players would help you win, I think the 5 combined votes between me, CK, and sniper show that. When people in the draft aren't even sure who some of the picks are, you don't really expect the voters to. But it was fun, and I would love to watch the group I put together and do think they are indeed the best out there.
That's not to say I don't like your team. How can a Sabres fan not enjoy a line of Andreychuk-LaFontaine-Nathan Gerbe Sr.? Not to mention one of my all-time favorite athletes (and I'm sure on of yours, too) in Stevie Y. Gretzky helps, maybe.
My thought is just that in an all-time draft, go for some old-time players. Much like you, I was content letting you take the Dino Ciccarellis while I was taking the old-timers, because there were so many good ones out there. Milt Schmidt would've gone undrafted if I didnt take him with my last pick. I find that ridiculous, even if it didn't earn me any points with the voters. Did anybody even take the Bentleys? Bill Cowley? Aaah why'd this die out?

Xiomera
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Well it's clear now that taking more recent players would help you win, I think the 5 combined votes between me, CK, and sniper show that. When people in the draft aren't even sure who some of the picks are, you don't really expect the voters to. But it was fun, and I would love to watch the group I put together and do think they are indeed the best out there.
That's not to say I don't like your team. How can a Sabres fan not enjoy a line of Andreychuk-LaFontaine-Nathan Gerbe Sr.? Not to mention one of my all-time favorite athletes (and I'm sure on of yours, too) in Stevie Y. Gretzky helps, maybe.
My thought is just that in an all-time draft, go for some old-time players. Much like you, I was content letting you take the Dino Ciccarellis while I was taking the old-timers, because there were so many good ones out there. Milt Schmidt would've gone undrafted if I didnt take him with my last pick. I find that ridiculous, even if it didn't earn me any points with the voters. Did anybody even take the Bentleys? Bill Cowley? Aaah why'd this die out?

My goalies own. Normally people overlook them in these NHL drafts, but I think they factored in more in this legends draft.

D-Unit
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I voted for Xio since he +repped me. Dirty tactics always work!

I wonder how many other's he's agreeed to +rep for the same thing. . .

Xiomera
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I voted for Xio since he +repped me. Dirty tactics always work!

Pat Falloon would have been my next pick had Sniper not abandoned the draft.

Jensen
07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Not including me and DJP's team I would've voted for SuperMcgee or sarf's team. Xio clearly has the most sexy looking team since he drafted more recent players. I'm sure everybody has heard of almost all the people on Xio's team while people have never heard of people like Vladislav Tretiak (sarf) and to a lesser extent Eddie Shore (sarf). sarf also has my favorite player of all-time in Gordie Howe. SM has Denis Potvin on his 2nd pairing, I would rank him a top 10 defenseman of all-time. Plante is a top 3 goalie of all-time IMO, and he has a lot of underrated guys like Toe Blake, Pierre Pilote, Milt Schmidt, Brad Park, and Valery Kharlamov. Just looking over the rosters I can point out players that people that have voted have never heard of...

I would probably rank the teams:

1. SuperMcgee
2. sarf
3. Xio
4. SNIPER
5. CK16

All the teams were very good, and I had a hard time ranking just these 5.

SuperMcGee
07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
My goalies own. Normally people overlook them in these NHL drafts, but I think they factored in more in this legends draft.

I won't disagree that goalies played a big part. So few were taken, and they're so important to the game. Every team should've had about 1-2 goalies that the average fan is familiar with. I will say, however, that there is no clear top goalie or even top 3-5, and while I would agree you have the best top two, I don't think it puts you too far and away. I like mine, especially when you bring the #3 into the picture, and Plante is just great. CK has a pretty nice trio, as well, all guys I like. Everyone should be, and pretty much is, strong at this position.

Xiomera
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Don't get me wrong guys. I wasn't only looking to take guys from the past 30 years. It's just the way it turned out. I had targetted quite a few older guys but they got picked before I could.

And Roy is the #1 goalie ever. And this is coming from a Red Wings fan and Patrick Roy hater.

wingboy2999
07-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Pat Falloon would have been my next pick had Sniper not abandoned the draft.

He isn't joking.

Brothgar
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Don't get me wrong guys. I wasn't only looking to take guys from the past 30 years. It's just the way it turned out. I had targetted quite a few older guys but they got picked before I could.

And Roy is the #1 goalie ever. And this is coming from a Red Wings fan and Patrick Roy hater.

**COUGH**Brodeur**COUGH**

Jensen
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
**COUGH**Brodeur**COUGH**

Brodeur is not, and never will be better than Patrick Roy.