PDA

View Full Version : Draft Stock Thread

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I thought of this when I was looking over a few things today and I thought this would be a great idea for a new thread. I know it is about a month-and-a-half too early, but I wanted to put this up before anybody else may have thought of it and put it up. This thread will be used to give any information on players' draft stock. I figured this idea would eliminate a lot of the clutter like the threads about a player getting suspended or if a player is in a downturn and we are wondering if he will turn it around. This could be used for up to the beginning of the season as well now that I think of it. Anyone who has heard anything about draft eligible players and there performances in practices can go here as well. Hopefully this can stick around until the draft, as it will do a lot to help posters with mock drafts and things of the sort. I know Scott already has players draft stock on the main page, but in most cases the draft stock isn't chiseled out until February or later. This will be a way for everyone to get information just a little bit faster than waiting for updates. If we can get enough people to contribute, and the administrators think it is a good idea, I think this may be a good idea to be stickied.

MidwayMonster31
07-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Good idea. But this thread should be more popular next month.

eaglesalltheway
07-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks, I thought so too, but I know that most, if not all, colleges don't allow fans to attend practices, so practice information will only be the stuff that people hear through word of mouth, but in any case, I wanted to get this up before someone else would.

steelernation77
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I heard rumors that TE Brandon Myers has outperformed 2009 TE prospect Tony Moeaki at Iowa practices but Moeaki will start because he's a senior. It could mean that Moeaki is having a tough time coming back from the injury that kept him out almost all of last year.

eaglesalltheway
08-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Bumping this up to the top so it doesn't get forgotten about.

BamaFalcon59
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Jason Worilds, DE VT, is a legitimate beast. His name will be known after this season. 6'2" 252 4.46 speed. Beast.

I could talk about every VT player, but I'm confident Worilds will be drafted in the top two rounds when he comes out.

MidwayMonster31
08-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Now that Cornelius Ingram is out for the season, where would he get drafted? If he works out well, I would think that he is a 4th-6th round pick. You could never tell in those late rounds.

eaglesfan_45
08-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I would think 6-7th round for him, Micheal Bush fell to the 4th and he was projected to be a 1st Rounder before he was injured. Ingram was projected to go in the 3rd-4th round range before he was injured so....

Unless of course he is healthy in time for the combine, then if he tests well I would say that the 5th Round isn't out of the question.

Do you guys think he'll take a medical red-shirt?

StrongSide97
08-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I would think 6-7th round for him, Micheal Bush fell to the 4th and he was projected to be a 1st Rounder before he was injured. Ingram was projected to go in the 3rd-4th round range before he was injured so....

Unless of course he is healthy in time for the combine, then if he tests well I would say that the 5th Round isn't out of the question.

Do you guys think he'll take a medical red-shirt?

If he's smart he would take a medical redshirt.

I really wasn't a big fan of Ingram's in the first place because he was such a frail tight end and definitely was the greatest blocker in the class.

eaglesfan_45
08-13-2008, 03:46 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080811/SPORTS030103/80811017/1287/SPORTS

Greg Hardy out 6-8 weeks.

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Anybody think if it is more like 8 weeks that severely lowers the chances he comes out this year?

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Jason Worilds, DE VT, is a legitimate beast. His name will be known after this season. 6'2" 252 4.46 speed. Beast.

I could talk about every VT player, but I'm confident Worilds will be drafted in the top two rounds when he comes out.

If he really does have 4.46 speed that is insane. With that type of speed at his size he could play anything from DE to either LB or Safety spot. I can't wait until all the prospects go up, I really want to see where he would be.

fenikz
08-13-2008, 06:24 AM
If he's smart he would take a medical redshirt.

I really wasn't a big fan of Ingram's in the first place because he was such a frail tight end and definitely was the greatest blocker in the class.

Even if he returns it will be hard for him to keep his mid round status, Hernandez is a lot more talented and would have taken a lot of his playing time even if he was healthy

eaglesalltheway
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Just trying to get this back to the top so no one forgets about it once the games start in a week or so... If there is any news, feel free to post it though...

eaglesfan_45
08-23-2008, 04:52 PM
According to Scott, Peria Jerry is out for a month, thats the top 2 defensive line players for Ole Miss. out for an extended amount of time.

eaglesfan_45
08-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Nate Longshore lost his starting job to Sophomore QB Kevin Riley I think Longshore goes undrafted.

thule
08-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Ricky Sapp has put on 10lbs of muscle this offseason and should be the pressure player Clemson lacked last year...after a disappointed sophmore campaign. This is a kid who could be talked about as a top 10 pick next year if he shows production this year.

Mr.Regular
08-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow Longshore went downhill... he was talked about as having legitimate potential about a year ago. Then he started sucking HARD. Now hes not even starting? Yeah, Id say its safe to say he wont have a future in the NFL.

ToldLikeItIs
08-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Brandon Myers is starting either way and Moeaki is hurt until the Iowa State game, he broke his foot. Even when Moeaki returns, Myers and Allen Reisner will both see time at TE.

Myers is 6'4 250 with a 4.65, great hands, and about a 34" vert. With a productive SR. year, and he is a senior, there is a great chance he gets drafted.

Myers is starting, as of now, by default.

rockio42
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I might sound like a homer and I know he is already rated at a top 3 TE people are still saying he is only a 2nd-3rd round pick, but I believe Chade Coffman will end the year as the #1 or 2 overall TE because of his ability in both the recieving and blocking game

Kinda homerish and I know people know about him but I think he will be a late 1st round pick

Race for the Heisman
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I might sound like a homer and I know he is already rated at a top 3 TE people are still saying he is only a 2nd-3rd round pick, but I believe Chade Coffman will end the year as the #1 or 2 overall TE because of his ability in both the recieving and blocking game

Kinda homerish and I know people know about him but I think he will be a late 1st round pick

I'm with you, I love Coffman as a prospect, I just think if he runs like, say Zach Miller, and Beckum, just for example, tests like Dustin Keller, then he could end up slipping a bit. Also being the number two tight end and being a second round pick might go hand-in-hand (Zach Miller); they don't necessarily contradict each other.

rockio42
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm with you, I love Coffman as a prospect, I just think if he runs like, say Zach Miller, and Beckum, just for example, tests like Dustin Keller, then he could end up slipping a bit. Also being the number two tight end and being a second round pick might go hand-in-hand (Zach Miller); they don't necessarily contradict each other.

Point taken, I think hes more like Dallas Clark than Zach Miller personally but I'm sure thats going to be debated

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Wow Longshore went downhill... he was talked about as having legitimate potential about a year ago. Then he started sucking HARD. Now hes not even starting? Yeah, Id say its safe to say he wont have a future in the NFL.
Istn't he like 27 alreaqdy or somehting? That was one thing that was holding him back before if I remember correctly, and now that he lost the starting job, I doubt he even gets signed as a camp body.

CashmoneyDrew
08-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Istn't he like 27 alreaqdy or somehting? That was one thing that was holding him back before if I remember correctly, and now that he lost the starting job, I doubt he even gets signed as a camp body.

He's only 22.

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Who am I thinking of then? Perhaps John Beck? My brain is still in vacation mode, and when normal mode isn't too impressive, vacation mode is devastating, haha.

CashmoneyDrew
08-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Maybe Todd Boeckmann.

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I think ti was John Beck, because the reason he was so old was because of something he did for his religious duties or something. I'm pretty sure I was think of John Beck.

CashmoneyDrew
08-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I think ti was John Beck, because the reason he was so old was because of something he did for his religious duties or something. I'm pretty sure I was think of John Beck.

Yeah he had a mission trip for his Mormonism and what not, but the only QB prospect that I can think of in this draft that has an age question is Todd Boeckmann.

thebow305
08-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Anyone know how Michael Johnson did in his first game starting?

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Tyson Alualu had a good game against MSU.he looks like a good prospect in the 3-4.

CaliPanthers420
08-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Two players that stood out in my mind yesterday were Mark Sanchez and Eugene Monroe.

Mark Sanchez looked great yesterday and Im very high on him. I think he has the tools to be the top QB taken whenever he comes out. (I have a feeling he will come back for his senior year though.) He throws a very catchable ball, has good form on his release and has good footwork. He throws a good deep ball, putting it right over his WR shoulder. He is very mobile and is able to throw on the run, by squaring up his shoulders up.

To me Sanchez is gonna be a better prospect than Matt Lienert and just behind Carson Palmer.

Eugene Monroe looked really good against USC. He did have two mental mistakes on consecutive false start penalties but other than that, he dominated his side against a good USC defense. He showed great technique as a pass protector, uses his hands well and has a great frame. Overall, I see Monroe as one of the top tackles in the draft, if not the best by the end of the year.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Curtis Crouch stock WAY DOWN. Didn't even make the trip to his teams first game

MidwayMonster31
08-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Louisville looks like they are really going to suck this year. That does not bode well for Hunter Cantwell, who has to have a good year to prove himself. Myron Pryor had a great game for Kentucky as well.

vatech=accdomination
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Kam Chancellor=Down after last week, misssed 6 tackles all by himself.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Has Alabama nose tackle Terrance Cody gotten any love as of yet? He was the single biggest factor in the Tide's dominating victory over Clemson. This being his first year of Div I college football, he's probably a 2010 prospect, but he's got wicked size (6-5 360+) and fantastic athleticism. A guy to watch the rest of the way.

CashmoneyDrew
09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I was gonna start a thread just for him but I decided against it. He's a beast, plain and simple.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-02-2008, 01:24 AM
I was gonna start a thread just for him but I decided against it. He's a beast, plain and simple.

You really don't see 3-4 nosetackles getting that much penetration that often or doing as much with it. SI's Mandel wrote on Sunday that earlier in the summer, when the kid was even heavier than he was now, he was dunking the ball on the basketball court. It's only one game, but it was damn promising.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Two players that stood out in my mind yesterday were Mark Sanchez and Eugene Monroe.

Mark Sanchez looked great yesterday and Im very high on him. I think he has the tools to be the top QB taken whenever he comes out. (I have a feeling he will come back for his senior year though.) He throws a very catchable ball, has good form on his release and has good footwork. He throws a good deep ball, putting it right over his WR shoulder. He is very mobile and is able to throw on the run, by squaring up his shoulders up.

To me Sanchez is gonna be a better prospect than Matt Lienert and just behind Carson Palmer.

Eugene Monroe looked really good against USC. He did have two mental mistakes on consecutive false start penalties but other than that, he dominated his side against a good USC defense. He showed great technique as a pass protector, uses his hands well and has a great frame. Overall, I see Monroe as one of the top tackles in the draft, if not the best by the end of the year.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on Monroe, he gave up at least one sack that I saw, and I had to step away from the game for a bit, and he never looked truly dominating. His man also broke free on a few running plays on his inside and outside, nothing major, but he did get beat. But like I said in the Eagles thread he did have good plays. He was inconsistent on Saturday, but considering who he was up against, what he did this week could be considered a positive

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 07:01 AM
I watched the Rutgers, Fresno State game yesterday, and took particular close attention to Kenny Britt and Courney Greene, and both looked pretty good. I did write-ups on them that I will be posting in the Eagles section tomorrow night if anybody is interested. I'll do a brief overview now.

WR Kenny Britt caught 6 passes for 89 yards, 4 of those passes were caught for first downs, and had a his biggest reception on a WR screen, where he picked up 41 yards. Had a few crucial drops though, one that would have led to a TD and one more that would have resulted in a first down, but since he dropped it, the Scarlet Knights had to punt. He also not only showed willingness to block, but good blocking technique.

SS Courtney Greene had 7 takcles, 6 solo, 1 TFL, but missed one tackle (I may be remembering that incorrectly, my write-up isn't in front of me) He was covering at least two passes that were incomplete.

I will do evaluations when I do my full write-ups on them, those are just some stats and other things.

CashmoneyDrew
09-02-2008, 11:26 AM
You really don't see 3-4 nosetackles getting that much penetration that often or doing as much with it. SI's Mandel wrote on Sunday that earlier in the summer, when the kid was even heavier than he was now, he was dunking the ball on the basketball court. It's only one game, but it was damn promising.

Yeah, 360 degree dunks.....
I read the article too. :)

rockio42
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, 360 degree dunks.....
I read the article too. :)

That can't be true

Ozzy
09-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone, some of you might remember me from last year. Just excited that the new college football season has started and can look ahead to the top players in the upcoming NFL drafts down the line. Here are a few prospects that stood out for me during a great week 1 of college football.

Terrence Cody SOPH NT Alabama: Wow, what a player, totally destroyed the Clemson running game, could be a true star down the line, great looking talent in his first game.

Nate Irving ILB SOPH NC State: All over the field, was the best "new" linebacker I saw all weekend, fast, hits hard and can really get off blocks with ease.

Emanuel Cook JR S South Carolina: One of the best safeties in the nation, last year was a big hitter and is even better this season, great open field tackler. If he works a little more on pass coverage he could be the best safety in the nation.

Butch Lewis SOPH OG USC: Was a beast, showed great athletic ability for a big man and sure has a bright future as a Trojan.

Clay Matthews SR DE USC: Will come out in this years draft as a potential OLB in a 3/4, played a great game and showed great intensity.

Ronald Johnson SOPH WR USC: Really did not do much last season but might be one of the best of a group of stacked SOPH USC WR's.

Damien Williams SOPH WR USC: Obviously he has talent, great run after catch athlete and should be the next great USC WR.

Javid Best SOPH RB Cal: Really showed toughness at RB, and with his speed he could be one of the best RB prospects in the nation if he can handle the pounding RB's take.

Mark Dell SOPH WR Michigan State: Really impressive, made great catches all over the field, good route runner and will easily take the place of Devin Thomas of last season.

Branden Warren SOPH TE Tennessee: Did not have a great game but is back from being gone for a year, was a monster at Florida State as a freshman, and should be wonderful this year for Tennessee as a pass catcher.

Demetrice Morley JR S Tennessee: Another Vol back from the brink, amazing safety, love his size, speed and ability to not only take the ball away but also tackle really well. Could be a great safety and arguably Berry and Morley are the best two safeties in the nation on any one team.

Brian Price SOPH DT UCLA: Was great in the middle for the Bruins, very quick, got off the ball and really played well and make big plays all game long.

Other notes:
Jasper Brinkley, I love him but really he will not be fast enough to play ILB in the NFL.

Sanchez is like a totally different player at QB on USC.

There are a lot of good but small CB's around in college football, here are a few just in terms of who I saw this weekend. Now everyone nows Munnerlyn is a player, but all of these other guys outside of Verner are new to me...very good prospects despite their size they can flat out cover and isn't that the point.

Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina
Alterraun Verner UCLA
Syd’Quan Thompson Cal
Bruce McCain Utah
DeAndre Morgan NC State

Bengals78
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
One young gun you didnt mention who I was pretty impressed with was Julio Jones the freshman WR at Bama. The kid looked really good out there against a good defense in Clemson.
Brinkley is a tough case because he might have trouble finding a true position at the next level. I love him in college and hope he can find somewhere to excel at the next level

Yatta!
09-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I was very impressed with the South Carolina D, Captain Munnerlyn and Cook really stood out.

Aftermath
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Butch Lewis is a beast, friend of mine knows him well.

Ozzy
09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Not to be a jerk or anything, but just wondering why was my thread moved to the Draft Stock thread? Only two players I mentioned are even eligible for the draft.

One young gun you didnt mention who I was pretty impressed with was Julio Jones the freshman WR at Bama. That is true Julio is a stud, I did not mention him because he is almost too obvious. Anyone watch him for a few mins and just look at the kid you know he could be a star. Best WR Bama has had in years, sure DJ Hall and Brown were solid but they have not had a talented WR like Julio in what seems like forever. What best WR was Freddie Milons...shoot haha

ToldLikeItIs
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
AJ Edds - Linebacker Iowa
JR.
6'4 250

Edds was named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week by ESPN. He finished with 8 tackles, a sack (for a safety), two pass deflections, and three TFL.

Ozzy
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Edds is a good player, he should be on the radar come draft time easily. Not quite up to Greenway's level but has that kind of athletic ability and pass coverage potential.

kwilk103
09-02-2008, 08:22 PM
pats td passes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V38UEm2Xgk4

Ozzy
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I would honestly be kind of shocked if Pat White was a NFL QB. What about him makes him a better QB than Brad Smith? Heck he is a better runner than Brad Smith was, yet Brad Smith was in a way a much better passer but still Brad is a RB/WR in the NFL and Pat should be the same thing. Sure he can pass the ball, so could Matt Jones, does not mean he is a NFL QB.

holt_bruce81
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I would honestly be kind of shocked if Pat White was a NFL QB. What about him makes him a better QB than Brad Smith? Heck he is a better runner than Brad Smith was, yet Brad Smith was in a way a much better passer but still Brad is a RB/WR in the NFL and Pat should be the same thing. Sure he can pass the ball, so could Matt Jones, does not mean he is a NFL QB.

He is a more athletic Brad Smith IMO, all though I do think he's a lttle underrated as a passer, I don't think he'll be given a fair shot as a Quarterback in the NFL which is fine. He'll excel at the receivers position.

Ozzy
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Oh heck yeah, Pat White would be a much better threat as a WR than Brad Smith or Ronald Curry. And I just love his locker room leadership. Again sure he can throw but it is not NFL quality passing. If he had a stronger arm maybe. Guess Vince Young made the change in one year, but then again he always had a strong arm, just was not accurate. White has never really had that rocket arm that stood out.

BamaFalcon59
09-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Reggie Arnold, RB Arkansas State, is a player I like a lot. 5'9" 220, stout, ran a late 4.3 (4.38 I believe) out of highschool. I have been watching him since his freshman year (well, not usually actually watching, but monitoring) because I wanted to use a bad team in NCAA '06 and Arkansas State had cool colors. He was fast and their only three star recruit that year, so I tracked him.

Anyways, he had over 1,000 yards as a freshman and as a sophmore, and then in week one had 21 carries for 145 yards against Texas A&M.

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Clay Matthews: Stock is really increasing, looked like a beast off the edge against Virginia. Could be a perfect 3/4 OLB prospect and could be one of the best available.
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5576/f263838ij0.jpg

Zack Follett, Anthony Felder and Worrell Williams of Cal. What an amazing group of linebackers and all seem to be much improved over last year. Just in terms of three starters, they might have the best three starting linebackers of any team in the nation.

Otis Wiley: Had a big time game against Cal, he is big, can hit and cover.
http://blog.mlive.com/state_sports/2007/10/large_msu27.JPG

Montario Hardesty: If he keeps up his solid play he will be a sleeper in the draft for sure.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09ej47Vd9O0Mj/610x.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Hardesty's a junior though and I highly doubt he'd come out after this year. He needs to stay for his senior year and show that he can carry the load and stay healthy.

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Hardesty's a junior though and I highly doubt he'd come out after this year. He needs to stay for his senior year and show that he can carry the load and stay healthy.Oh really I have him listed as a SR, my mistake.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Figured since I did this in depth evaluation on them this would be a good place to put this.

Here is my evaluation from Monday's Rutgers/ Fresno state game focusing particualarly on WR Kenny Britt and SS Courtney Greene. One thing to say though, both of these positions are dificult to fully evaluate because the camera isn't always focused on their part of the field.

Britt had 6 receptions for 89 yards with a 14.8 ypc avg. Four of his catches were for first downs, but had three drops. Two of those drops are not all on him though, poor throws by Teel didn't help his cause. He was thrown to the most of any of Rutgers receivers, a total of 14 times. He had one (what I would call) star play. His first reception was a WR screen, which he turned into a 41 yard gain. He showed very good strength and good elusiveness in Mondays game. He also not only showed the willingness to block, but good form as well, and didn't let his man make the tackle. With his size, he has an advantage over almost any CB, and though he didn't have any jump ball opportunites, he certainly would win them on many occasions. Overall is very explosive for hsi size and is a good receiver after the catch. He had an average game on Monday. I tallied up his total number of positive plays (nice catches, playmaking, blocking, etc.)with the total number of negative plays (dropped balls, poor blocks[though he had none], and mental mistakes, etc) and from what I gathered, he had a total of 8 positive points (he got 2 points for his 41 yard catch) and three negative points. Once again, there are probably much more positives and negatives, but since I don't have the proper camera angles, I can only go off of what I saw. A good game from Britt, nothing special.

Greene. RU's best defnesive player had a solid game on Monday, though the LBs were playing very well and limited some of his opportunites. He had 7 tackles, 6 of which solo, 1 TFL, 1 missed tackles, 0 passes defended, 0 INTs, and gave up 0 TDs, and had no (what I would call) star plays. Had a relatively quiet game thanks to many Rutgers defensive players stepping it up, especially the LBs, but Greene was near the action on a lot of plays. Where he made most of his tackles were in the running game. If I remember correctly, 5 of his tackles were against a RB, and the other 2 were coming up in short passes. Once again, since he is a Safety, I do not have the proper camera angles to fully evaluate how he did, and can only go from what I saw. But he is excellent in run support for a safety, as billed. Took great angles in run support as well. He did a good job of covering a very good TE in Pasco for Fresno. He was in on two throws that were incomplete. He didn't make many plays in the passing game, but didn't give up any either. Had a solid game, but like Britt, was not excellent. He had a total of 6 positive points (tackles, PBU, INT, etc.) and two negative points (missed tackles, big plays against, mental mistakes, etc) There are only 6 positive points because two of his tackles were sloppy (didn't wrap as good as he could have), but he made the tackle nonetheless.

Well those are my evaluations for Rutgers (arguably) two best players. Hipe you enjoy them. If you disagree on any of the things I brought up, let me know, and I will give explanations and listen to yours. I have no problem being told I'm wrong, as long as I'm being told so in a respectful manner. (i.e. swear words, etc) I really don't think there is too much that I goofed though.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I will probably do 4-6 of those a week, depending on what games are on in my area and who I think I should keep an eye on. Any suggestions would be appreciated, but I can't make guarantees, as I don't have any special packages to watch all CFB games. But if there are guys (mostly draft eligible players please) that you think are worthy of doing a quick write up about, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Ozzy
09-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Moderators, this thread does not include only draft eligible players thus should not be in the "draft stock" thread. Thank you.

Hi everyone, some of you might remember me from last year. Just excited that the new college football season has started and can look ahead to the top players in the upcoming NFL drafts down the line. Here are a few prospects that stood out for me during a great week 1 of college football.

Week 1

Terrence Cody SOPH NT Alabama: Wow, what a player, totally destroyed the Clemson running game, could be a true star down the line, great looking talent in his first game.

Nate Irving ILB SOPH NC State: All over the field, was the best "new" linebacker I saw all weekend, fast, hits hard and can really get off blocks with ease.

Emanuel Cook JR S South Carolina: One of the best safeties in the nation, last year was a big hitter and is even better this season, great open field tackler. If he works a little more on pass coverage he could be the best safety in the nation.

Butch Lewis SOPH OG USC: Was a beast, showed great athletic ability for a big man and sure has a bright future as a Trojan.

Clay Matthews SR DE USC: Will come out in this years draft as a potential OLB in a 3/4, played a great game and showed great intensity.

Ronald Johnson SOPH WR USC: Really did not do much last season but might be one of the best of a group of stacked SOPH USC WR's.

Damien Williams SOPH WR USC: Obviously he has talent, great run after catch athlete and should be the next great USC WR.

Javid Best SOPH RB Cal: Really showed toughness at RB, and with his speed he could be one of the best RB prospects in the nation if he can handle the pounding RB's take.

Mark Dell SOPH WR Michigan State: Really impressive, made great catches all over the field, good route runner and will easily take the place of Devin Thomas of last season.

Branden Warren SOPH TE Tennessee: Did not have a great game but is back from being gone for a year, was a monster at Florida State as a freshman, and should be wonderful this year for Tennessee as a pass catcher.

Demetrice Morley JR S Tennessee: Another Vol back from the brink, amazing safety, love his size, speed and ability to not only take the ball away but also tackle really well. Could be a great safety and arguably Berry and Morley are the best two safeties in the nation on any one team.

Brian Price SOPH DT UCLA: Was great in the middle for the Bruins, very quick, got off the ball and really played well and make big plays all game long.

Other notes:
Jasper Brinkley, I love him but really he will not be fast enough to play ILB in the NFL.

Sanchez is like a totally different player at QB on USC.

There are a lot of good but small CB's around in college football, here are a few just in terms of who I saw this weekend. Now everyone nows Munnerlyn is a player, but all of these other guys outside of Verner are new to me...very good prospects despite their size they can flat out cover and isn't that the point.

Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina
Alterraun Verner UCLA
Syd’Quan Thompson Cal
Bruce McCain Utah
DeAndre Morgan NC State

Ozzy
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Week 2
Jevan Snead SOPH QB Mississippi: What can you say, wow, Mississippi now officially has a football team. What a QB, he can make all the throws, has a really strong arm, and can move around in the pocket a little also. What a prospect to watch.

Carlos Dunlap SOPH DE Florida: Such a large athletic human being, could be an absolute stud. Only problem, and it is the obvious problem, he is not consistent and is lazy at times because of his extreme talent. Amazing prospect though.

Erique Dozier SR ILB Bowling Green: Coming off his stellar performance against Pitt last year, this extremely athletic and fast ILB should be flying up the draft charts because of his intelligence and athletic ability on the field.

Robert Marve FR QB Miami FL: Quite an impressive showing for this young man, strong arm and he should be the QB, along with his other standout freshman teammate Harris, that bring the Canes back to a national powerhouse.

DJ Moore JR CB Vanderbilt: Big time player, amazing return man with great ball skills as a cover man. Plus he is built really well for a corner and can run.

Diyral Briggs SR DE Bowling Green: Could be a major sleeper in the draft, is a sack machine, not ideal size for the position but has great pass rush moves, a wonderful motor and just simply gets to the QB.

DJ Boldin SR WR Wake Forset: Wonderful WR prospect, has finally seemed to get it together and will follow his brothers footsteps right into the NFL next year.

Brandon Harris FR CB Miami FL: Very impressive prospect and is one to keep a big eye on.

Glenn Cook SR LB Miami FL: Played a great game for Miami, really showed up all over the field making place, not great size but could be a sleeper pick and in a way is built a little like and plays like Jon Beason the former Cane.

I was impressed with some of the prospects on Minnesota, they have three standout players on defense all from JUCO in S Brock, CB Simmons and LB Lawrence. Plus Bennett looked great, especially catching the football out of the backfield.

South Carolina, I am still ridiculously impressed with the talent they have on defense, despite the loss this week to Vandy. They have players at every level and their DL is outstanding. And despite Captain's poor game I still love his ability at CB.

Also really surprised with the players on Bowling Green, at WR they have some studs in Anthony Turner and Freddie Barnes.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I didn't get to do any evaluations ove rthe past weejkend because there weren't really any games worth noting.

Ozzy
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
With the amazing success of Eddie Royal so far in this NFL season, do not be surprised if small fast WR's go higher than expected in the up coming draft. Guys like...

Kenny McKinley South Carolina
Mike Thomas Arizona
Juaquin Iglesias Oklahoma
Jordan Norwood Penn State

Especially McKinley and Thomas, those two have good speed and can make people miss.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey don't forget DeSean, :cool: