PG Baron Davis | Rodney Stuckey | Dwayne Wade

VS

D- UNIT
PG Jason Kidd | Rajon Rondo | Gilbert Arenas
SG Gilbert Arenas | Tracy McGrady | Ben Gordon
SF Tracy McGrady | Tayshaun Prince | Kevin Garnett
PF Kevin Garnett | Al Horford | Rasheed Wallace
C Rasheed Wallace | Andris Biedrins | Al Horford

Star Power. Offense. Defense. Versatility. Perfect blend of guys who need the ball to be effective (Arenas, McGrady, Gordon) and guys who don't need the ball to be effective (Garnett, Wallace, Prince, Biedrins, Horford). Perfect blend of age. Covered at all positions so that old age or young age isn't a problem. Team of players with championship experience (Garnett, Wallace, Prince, Rondo) and players who are desperately hungry for a championship (Kidd, McGrady, Arenas). WIN NOW is a definite priority and they've got the hunger and experience to get it done. Team chemistry is not a problem as Wallace and Prince are teammates as is Garnett and Rondo. Straight off the bat, there is no apparent problems. Then consider Arenas, T-Mac and Garnett all share the same Adidas sponsorship and spend a lot of time off the court together, it's a thing of beauty. Team is built to play the half court game and can match up with small or big line ups. Also have the athleticism and ability to play fast break ball too. Bench play is strong with guys who don't have selfish attitude problems and are effective off the bench. Gordon as 6th man of the year is a prime example. This team also has that X factor. The leaders of the team have that swagger (KG, Sheed, Arenas) that gives them the confidence to win tough games. They are tough mentally and supreme athletically. There is no weakness that I can point out. This team cannot be beat in a series.

Rob S
07-22-2008, 10:04 AM
forgot the poll, write in ur vote and an explanation if u want.

Gay Ork Wang
07-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Fenikz!!!!

DHVF
07-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Damn this is a really tough matchup, but as Rob S posted above, the balance that D-Units team has is virtually perfect as far as fantasy drafts go, so despite the fact that I love Fenikz' trio of frontcourt players I am voting D-Unit.

Turtlepower
07-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I gotta go with fenikz again because his frontcourt is unbelievable. Also, Rasheed Wallace will get man-handled at center for D-Unit's team.

Forenci
07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Fenikz just has an amazing team. I just love the depth he has too behind a lot of his players.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
My vote does not go to Fenikz. D-Unit may have the inferior team but Fenikz will never get my vote. EVER. My vote thus goes to Ricky The Dragon Steamboat.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I gotta go with fenikz again because his frontcourt is unbelievable. Also, Rasheed Wallace will get man-handled at center for D-Unit's team.
Did you watch the Detroit-Orlando Playoff series? Rasheed outplayed Dwight in every facet of the game. I'd say he exposed Dwight. Dwight couldn't function offensively. He had no go to move, no touch around the basket... his shots against the backboard were way to hard, while Rasheed showed the maneuverability around with hook shots, soft layups and being able to step out and shoot.... and then there's the whole thing about playing Hack-a-Shaq on Dwight... you can't even keep him in at the end of games and expect him to be a factor offensively. Defensively, he's a beast, but Sheed can play D too.

...Brand has nothing on KG. Not in any part of the game.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Fenikz just has an amazing team. I just love the depth he has too behind a lot of his players.
That's cool. But out of curiosity, where does my depth fall short.

Forenci
07-22-2008, 03:40 PM
That's cool. But out of curiosity, where does my depth fall short.

You've got good depth as well, but I just like Fenikz's team more overall.

Both of you have good teams, but I'd definitely give Fenikz the edge.

islandboy843
07-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Dwight did get his ass whoop on a daily basis against DET.

fenikz
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
15.2 PPG, 13.4 RPG, 3 BPG

is not exactly getting your ass whooped

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
You've got good depth as well, but I just like Fenikz's team more overall.

Both of you have good teams, but I'd definitely give Fenikz the edge.
It's piece mealed though. There's no seeming chemistry ties with his team. Hard to say how they would operate with any chemistry. None of his players have ever played together on the same team nor do I see any easy off the court connections.

Rondo and KG have won a championship together. As has Sheed and Prince. Then there's the whole adidas sponsorship that tie Arenas, KG and T-Mac together.... You know the slogan that "Basketball is a Brotherhood" commercial/slogan that they have going?

http://www.adidas.com/sports/basketball/content/vertical/country/us/default.asp?strcountry_adidascom=us

fenikz
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
My team has played together, it's called the US Olympic Team :)

Forenci
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
..I hope you're not saying your team has good chemistry because they did a commercial together..

I know you like your team, but I really don't think it's as good as you think. Clearly a majority of people are finding that to be true as Fenikz has destroyed the competition and is currently beating you for the time being.

BrownsTown
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Fenikz for me.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
..I hope you're not saying your team has good chemistry because they did a commercial together..

I know you like your team, but I really don't think it's as good as you think. Clearly a majority of people are finding that to be true as Fenikz has destroyed the competition and is currently beating you for the time being.
No, I'm not saying that is the sole reason backing up team chemistry.

I'm saying however, that it does help to build a natural chemistry because of it. It's something other than nothing.

Are you telling me that you see better team chemistry with fenik's team? If so, how?

Everyone was saying, yea yea... so and so has good players individually speaking, but could they play together? I'm saying, yes, my team could play together and there are natural connections whereas fenik's team has nothing.

Olympic team is at least something, but I don't think he wants to start comparing Olympic team appearances. I think I could beat him out just between Kidd and KG alone. ...and did anyone on his team even play on the same Olympic team? I don't see it.

As for the majority vote, c'mon now... there are several reasons behind it that may not always be related to which team is the best. Gonzo proved it by saying he voted for me just cause he hates feniks. It goes both ways. There are people who vote, but don't say anything because they vote simply off how much they like or don't like the poster.

That's why I respect DHVF all that much more. We have butted heads in the past, yet he can still put that aside and judge things objectively. Not everyone is like that.

That's another reason why Rob said, forget the vote, comment your opinions in the thread.

You can like feniks team. That's perfectly fine. If you do, I just want to know why. I have yet to see your opinion backed up by anything that holds substance.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 04:21 PM
15.2 PPG, 13.4 RPG, 3 BPG

is not exactly getting your ass whooped
Avg looks ok, but his poor play in Games 1, 4 and 5 was part of the reason the Magic lost.

Forenci
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Well part of it is I prefer Fenikz's front court. I like Dwight Howard more than Wallace. Rasheed doesn't seem to care sometimes where I think Dwight plays with everything he's got.

I'd give KG the edge over Brand but I like both of them quite a bit as power forwards.

Arenas isn't a shooting guard by any stretch of the imagination.

Jason Kidd is washed up even in a 'win now' scenario. I like Baron Davis quite a bit. Great scorer like Arenas but is also a good passer.

If you want to talk about chemistry I don't see you having any advantage. Kidd is a moron, Arenas is selfish who jacks up unnecessary threes, McGrady is a 'me' but tries to act like he's not, Wallace is a good guy but just doesn't care a lot of the times.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Well part of it is I prefer Fenikz's front court. I like Dwight Howard more than Wallace. Rasheed doesn't seem to care sometimes where I think Dwight plays with everything he's got.

I'd give KG the edge over Brand but I like both of them quite a bit as power forwards.

Arenas isn't a shooting guard by any stretch of the imagination.

Jason Kidd is washed up even in a 'win now' scenario. I like Baron Davis quite a bit. Great scorer like Arenas but is also a good passer.

If you want to talk about chemistry I don't see you having any advantage. Kidd is a moron, Arenas is selfish who jacks up unnecessary threes, McGrady is a 'me' but tries to act like he's not, Wallace is a good guy but just doesn't care a lot of the times.
That's a lot of made up stuff. I'm guessing you just like fenik's avatar more, so that's why he got your vote.

Gay Ork Wang
07-22-2008, 04:42 PM
thats why nobody wants to write in here. U dont take any explanations. Its natural that people think their own draft/Team is better. Nice arguments though ur making...

Forenci
07-22-2008, 04:45 PM
That's a lot of made up stuff. I'm guessing you just like fenik's avatar more, so that's why he got your vote.

Heh or maybe it's posts like this that made me vote for Fenikz.

I voted based on my opinion, not on what you think is right or wrong.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 04:48 PM
thats why nobody wants to write in here. U dont take any explanations. Its natural that people think their own draft/Team is better. Nice arguments though ur making...
I do take explanations... if they make sense.

Kidd is a moron...
T-Mac acts like he's not a "me" player...
Arenas is nothing like a SG...
Wallace acts like he doesn't care...

Sorry, but comments like that are what he's building his judgements on. It just doesn't hold substance.

D-Unit
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Heh or maybe it's posts like this that made me vote for Fenikz.

I voted based on my opinion, not on what you think is right or wrong.
Exactly. Votes against me personally and not my team.

You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you're right. At least my opinion is based off tangible facts.

Damix
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll take fenikz's team, I think his team matches up nicely.

fenikz
07-22-2008, 04:57 PM
just for fun, my opinions of these players on a scale from 1-10

Kevin Garnett(10)
Gilbert Arenas(8)
Tracy McGrady(8)
Rasheed Wallace(8)
Teyshaun Prince(7)
Jason Kidd(7)
Ben Gordan(6)
Al Horford(6)
Rajon Rondo(6)
Andris Biedrins(5)
-----------------
Total: 71

Dwight Howard(9)
Dwyade Wade(9)
Baron Davis(8)
Elton Brand(8)
Gerald Wallace(8)
Kevin Martin(8)
Luol Deng(7)
Samuel Dalembert(7)
Rodney Stuckey(6)
Bruce Bowen(6)
---------------
Total: 76

Rob S
07-22-2008, 04:58 PM
fenikz ur up in mma by the way......and how about people vote for the other match up too haha (only has 7 votes)

fenikz
07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1147377#post1147377

GO VOTE!

Forenci
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Exactly. Votes against me personally and not my team.

You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you're right. At least my opinion is based off tangible facts.

Chemistry is not a tangible fact. The only reason I brought those points up were because you seemed to think that was the deciding factor over Fenikz's team.

I didn't say I was right. This isn't about who's right and wrong, it's based on your opinion on who you think is better. I think Fenikz's team is bigger. It's really as simple as that.

yodabear
07-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Fenikz has D-Wade, Fenikz wins.

Rob S
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Fenikz wins