PDA

View Full Version : Car meets phone..bluetooth

thefaint287
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
what type of bluetooth device do you have...headset or a car kit? what's your thoughts on the MOTOROKR T505 car kit at motodanica.com its the one where you make and take calls over ur car stereo and u can also link up ur music to it too. clips to ur visor no wires no installation. everyone where i live in cali has to be hands free now if they want to talk on the phone while driving....thoughts??

looks like this
http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/htdocs//promotions/images//p602190/T505_RS_2.gif

CJSchneider
07-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't have a bluetooth device in my car at all. I am actually one of those people who feel that you should focus on "driving" when driving a car. I rarely even answer my cell phone when I'm driving and then, It means the call came from my wife on my way home, everyone else can wait. I agree that hands free is a step up, but "brain available" needs to be the standard.

Addict
07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
They did some research on this and the difference between having the phone in hand or handsfree is almost non-existent. A car is a deadly weapon, and I'd prefer calling in a car was banned, no matter what you use.

How they allow people to do anything else than watch the road whilst driving is beyond me.

CJSchneider
07-23-2008, 12:15 PM
It's certainly a luxury I could live without. Life went on before it.

terribletowel39
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
It's certainly a luxury I could live without. Life went on before it.
Agreed sir, I don't even have a cell phone.

Addict
07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Agreed sir, I don't even have a cell phone.

lol I don't have one either. Mobile phones are like watches, you have one, you can't imagine life without it. If you don't have one, you don't miss it at all.

terribletowel39
07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
lol I don't have one either. Mobile phones are like watches, you have one, you can't imagine life without it. If you don't have one, you don't miss it at all.
Exactly, and when you absolutely need to know the time(make a call) just find someone with a watch (cell phone). Plus I never talked on the phone so I was spending about 70 bucks a month for about 20 minutes a month. And that was so my mom didn't think I was dead. I 'had to check in once a week.'

TitleTown088
07-23-2008, 01:34 PM

You're European, you guys don't even realize it's neccesary to drive V10 SUVs to Starbucks yet.

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
They did some research on this and the difference between having the phone in hand or handsfree is almost non-existent. A car is a deadly weapon, and I'd prefer calling in a car was banned, no matter what you use.

How they allow people to do anything else than watch the road whilst driving is beyond me.

Agreed. I yell and scream at people who are on the phone while driving. ESPECIALLY while biking, because the car is a deadly weapon that does kill more people each year than we want to realize.

But what's weird is that the research your talking about proved less dangerous for talking to passengers in a car...

Not to get all anti-car again... But also, bull bars are so very dangerous (not to mention completely stupid where i see most of them, i.e. in the DOWNTOWN city of chicago), the death rate on bull bar collisions in sub/urban areas to pedestrians is absolutely ridiculous. and pointless... because we live in a general area where cattle and most large animals don't roam free.

TitleTown088
07-23-2008, 02:38 PM
My big ol' truck I need for city driving don't look coo without a bull bar man. It also dosen't get around on paved roads without jacked up tires.

brat316
07-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Bull Bars look so cool on your truck though

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Bull Bars look so cool on your truck though

yeah but your truck looks stupid in the first place.

terribletowel39
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I am guessing that what yall are calling bull bars, i call deer killers?? like the extra stout bars in front of a truck/suv's grille??

brat316
07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I am guessing that what yall are calling bull bars, i call deer killers?? like the extra stout bars in front of a truck/suv's grille??

Yeah without out it your truck grill would be ruined by animals and people running into it.

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah without out it your truck grill would be ruined by animals and people running into it.

have you ever hit an animal with one on?

brat316
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
have you ever hit an animal with one on?

No, I don't have one either. But they do look really great on your truck. Seeing as I live near Philadelphia a gas saving car is more important or Van. And there are very little deer around here.

jballa838
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
and people running into it.
lmao. People run into cars all the time right? Usually it's you who runs into the person.

MetSox17
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
This guy (thread starter) is seriously a Danica fanboy or he works for the website. He tries to pimp out that site as much as he can.

But anyway, I was reading a while back a study that showed that texting while driving proved to be more reckless and dangerous than being inebriated. I'd have to find that article again and post it.

But yeah, i mean it's banned in California, to have any electronic devices anywhere near your head, and it's quickly spreading. I think pretty soon Texas is gonna adopt that law, and i agree with it as well. Women are bad enough drivers as it is, it pisses me off to be yapping away on a cell phone to top it off.

nobodyinparticular
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
No, I don't have one either. But they do look really great on your truck. Seeing as I live near Philadelphia a gas saving car is more important or Van. And there are very little deer around here.

Going for the LoveMobiles, I see... What makes Philly so special for LoveMobiles? Are the chicks more attracted to them out there with the Amish people living nearby?

terribletowel39
07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
lmao. People run into cars all the time right? Usually it's you who runs into the person.
i think he meant like people in cars.

go ahead and flame me, but i have one on my truck. i bought it that way. it came with it, it is a 1988 suburban so no i was two when it was made, i am not the original owner. but yea i got one.

i have never hit anything with it, well except like the plastic pole barrier that seperates a regular lane from an HOV lane, i ran over those to get into the HOV lane and nothing happens. and i have actually known someone that has hit a cow without one and a cow with one and it is a dramatic difference. the cow split open both times but the truck was still driveable when it had the deer killer on it. the one that didn't, the cow smashed in the front of the truck.

PackerLegend
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I only use one hand when I drive anyways, so talking on the phone is easy. For all the people who say watch the road??? Are people sitting there looking at their cell phone when driving... No there sitting their talking. Yes some people shouldnt talk and drive because they cant drive to start with. Texting and driving is bad and a whole nother story.