PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for Madden/NCAA

L-Train79
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
What I would like to see in a future game is the systems the players play in actually mean something.
For instance if a QB plays in a shotgun offense in college, they won't be good in a pro style offense in the pros when import a draft class. Or if in Madden you want to sign a free agent, they're system matters and should affect their overall . I think it would make it more realistic.
What are some of your ideas?

saintsfan912
07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
In legend mode on offense, please stop the CPU controlled HBs from running like idiots. Hit the ******* hole!

Aftermath
07-23-2008, 02:50 PM
NCAA = Create a School

Turtlepower
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
NCAA = Create a School

You can... Or at least you used to be able to.

Brent
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
In last year's madden, when I wanted to change some of the numbers/equipment of the players that were added to my team in Franchise. And when I did, it screwed with their player model and they were all of a sudden gigantic and muscled to the max and you couldnt change it back. That bothered the crap out of me because at one point I had 3 players who were wearing the number 51. Also when I was playing as the Niners they had these like giant black ankle tape things on Patrick Willis and I dont even think he wears ankle tape in real life and when I went to change it it messed up him too... I know that is nitpicking but it's the little things that count.

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I like those ideas L train, another thign I want to see is making it a little more difficult to improve players. In madden, you can have a player who has not seen a snap yet, but will somehow progress into a 93-95 rated player. I know the awareness rating has a lot to do with that, but I think it should be more dificult for users to improve players.

CJSchneider
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok here goes;
and I'm speaking purely Madden, namely, Dynasty Mode

1) I want them to continue to make Madden and NCAA for the PC platform.

2) There has to be some chance involved in the draft.
-As it is, you know that a first round guy is going to be an 86 to 81 overall.
There needs to be an occasional bust or a guy in the 2nd and 3rd that suprises you.

3) Better AI when draft pick trades are involved.
- I can manipulate the current AI to get about three - four, 1st round picks a year.

4) Not everyone has to be a 99 overall.

5) Training camp
-I want more events, more then one person per event and make them tougher.

6) I want to be able to sub in players out of position.
If I want Patrick Willis to line up as a FB for a play, I should be able to do it.

I'm sure as more people post it will prompt me to think of more, but right off the top of my head, thats all i can think of.

jballa838
07-23-2008, 03:09 PM
CJ, try NFL Head Coach 2009.

YAYareaRB
07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Uhhhh.. Just a tad bit more focus on the PS2 versions of this game. Just a tad.

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Personally i want madden not to suck.

If i can describe the blatent unrealism to the game sometime that could be fixed by tweaking the ratings system, instinctiveness, hell, i'd even like to the see the computer adapt to gameplans better, because they don't. I think this one pass play i run a lot, twin wr weak, one runs a streak the other a deep cross, and the te runs a deep corner route... nearly flawless.

i'd also like real timing mechanisms back to the game for those of us who like to grind out the run game.

Splat
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Uhhhh.. Just a tad bit more focus on the PS2 versions of this game. Just a tad.

For the win.

I was so let down last year I didn't even buy it was not upgraded from the year before at all.

I know people say that every year but I'm a true Madden fan and was really let down with the 08 PS2 version.

CJSchneider
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Personally i want madden not to suck.

If i can describe the blatent unrealism to the game sometime that could be fixed by tweaking the ratings system, instinctiveness, hell, i'd even like to the see the computer adapt to gameplans better, because they don't. I think this one pass play i run a lot, twin wr weak, one runs a streak the other a deep cross, and the te runs a deep corner route... nearly flawless.

i'd also like real timing mechanisms back to the game for those of us who like to grind out the run game.

Will you marry me!

MetSox17
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
There's a ton of things wrong with Madden, even though i still play it on PS2, which i believe the Franchise mode is better in.

To those that want players to adapt better to different systems, apparently that's the new thing in Head Coach, so you might wanna get that game.

One thing that pisses me off hardcore, and it ALWAYS happens, is that my RB in Franchise will have about 2000 YFS and about 15 TD's, and he doesn't make the Pro-Bowl because there was about seven 2k yard rushers. WTF. It's been done like what, 5, 6 times in the history of the NFL, and at least four guys do it every year in Madden. It's messed up.

They should make them more prone to injuries after so many carries in a game or season. Larry Johnson always ends up with nearly 500 carries. So does Brian Westbrook, which makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

I've been wanting them to fix the Revolution helmets for a while, and it's been about 4 years that they don't do jack to them. If you look at them sideways, it looks like the guy ran into the wall full speed into his facemask. You can't put a visor on those things cause it'll look stupid.

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Will you marry me!

only if your name was rex grossman.

CJSchneider
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
What if I can just throw a football 20 yards...accurately.

Splat
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
The biggest thing that gets me about the PS2 version is how they take no time with the rookies on how they look 70% have the same face and that lame looking flat top hair cut.

I mean how hard is it to look at a pic of a guy and fix that I think they should have a die hard fan of each team come in and look over the roster before they put it out.

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
One thing that pisses me off hardcore, and it ALWAYS happens, is that my RB in Franchise will have about 2000 YFS and about 15 TD's, and he doesn't make the Pro-Bowl because there was about seven 2k yard rushers. WTF. It's been done like what, 5, 6 times in the history of the NFL, and at least four guys do it every year in Madden. It's messed up.

They should make them more prone to injuries after so many carries in a game or season. Larry Johnson always ends up with nearly 500 carries. So does Brian Westbrook, which makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

It's so hard to lose at madden too vs a computer. Theres no challenge... and they don't look at average states... i mean, sure, stats are getting better, but there's individual milestones, seven people don't hit 67 homers a year. it's just statistically unlikely.

And to add to the second part... They should carry statisitics of last year, the year before, the year before that, the year before that... career stats... some people are impervious to injury, but most, like LJ, are not.

Brent
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM
They changed that for this years.

I've been wanting them to fix the Revolution helmets for a while, and it's been about 4 years that they don't do jack to them. If you look at them sideways, it looks like the guy ran into the wall full speed into his facemask. You can't put a visor on those things cause it'll look stupid.
That was changed in the new gen systems, I guess they never bothered with/don't care about PS2.

MetSox17
07-23-2008, 03:38 PM
It's so hard to lose at madden too vs a computer. Theres no challenge... and they don't look at average states... i mean, sure, stats are getting better, but there's individual milestones, seven people don't hit 67 homers a year. it's just statistically unlikely.

And to add to the second part... They should carry statisitics of last year, the year before, the year before that, the year before that... career stats... some people are impervious to injury, but most, like LJ, are not.

Yeah, i usually stop having fun after the first two seasons of Franchise because all my guys are 99, and beating the CPU by 21 every time gets boring. I just find it ridiculous that every game Steven Jackson runs the ball 38 times.

I wish there was a way they could somewhat set a limit to the amount of carries a guy could get, based on their Injury or Carry rating, IDK. Just something to let you know they're gonna wear down and bust a toe or something.

djp
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see some sort of holographic training center... and maybe like, agame where you can be the head coach to come with Madden.

Seriously though, they need to

- get rid of superstar mode and focus more on the franchise. The draft needs to be better. I want specific scouting reports -- Not just a report that I could already tell based on looking at attributes. I want more draft-day trades.

- Replay the NFL's greatest games, aka Tuck Rule, end of last year's Super Bowl, Colts-Pats AFC title game 2 years ago, the Ice Bowl. Have like 100 of those. They couldn't be too tough to set up.

- Tournament mode needs to be improved. At college, we'd just write it down on a piece of paper with 12 guys because it sucked so bad.

- Improved AI trading. They offer decent trades back. Say I have Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson, they offer me a couple picks for Taylor or a guy at a position I need.

- Improved pass blocking AI

awfullyquiet
07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, i usually stop having fun after the first two seasons of Franchise because all my guys are 99, and beating the CPU by 21 every time gets boring. I just find it ridiculous that every game Steven Jackson runs the ball 38 times.

I wish there was a way they could somewhat set a limit to the amount of carries a guy could get, based on their Injury or Carry rating, IDK. Just something to let you know they're gonna wear down and bust a toe or something.

My brother in superstar mode ran for 4300 yards, 65 tds on the normal setting... he carried the ball somewhere around 700-800 times...

and this was on 360, and in 08... ridiculous.

Splat
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
and maybe like, agame where you can be the head coach to come with Madden.

http://www.easports.com/madden09/countdown/countdown.jsp

MetSox17
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
http://www.easports.com/madden09/countdown/countdown.jsp

I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but i believe that was sarcasm.....
(as that sentence was as well)

My brother in superstar mode ran for 4300 yards, 65 tds on the normal setting... he carried the ball somewhere around 700-800 times...

and this was on 360, and in 08... ridiculous.

I gave up on Superstar mode.

Splat
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but i believe that was sarcasm.....
(as that sentence was as well)

I didn't see the "Seriously though" part the first time around I thought I was being help full.:(

nobodyinparticular
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll admit that I haven't played since Madden 06, but one of the most ridiculous things that would irk me the most was the Receiving AI.

By this, I mean, as a player controlled CB, I would press the catch button to pick off the ball, only to have my player slide behind the receiver, allowing him to catch it and giving him a free lane to run up field. This was never more evident than in the DB Drill in Training camp, where you would run to the spot, press catch and slide on your knees on the ground as the ball clanks off of the WR dummy right in front of you.

I don't know if that's been fixed or not, but that's been a problem since the game's inception.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Improve OL Blocking, Improve Realism, add more sliders.

Ratings: Dont make everyone 99. U have 1-100. so make guys that are faster faster. It doesnt really matter 98 or 99 or 97. CBs should stick to the WRs and u can see like the differences in speed.

Simulating: Backup RBs should get carries. I dont wanna see Vince Young lead the league in rushing etc etc.

PRogression: there should be better progression for young guys. If i keep a QB on my team to groom. Hell give him progression points.

Systems: Add a rating with Intelligence or sth like that. Then everytime a new guy joins via FA or sth else, They have a time where the have to learn the system - playbook. Until the meter is full the guy shouldnt get his full rating. Some people should be better in certain systems: etc Cover 2 Corners etc

MetSox17
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
The speed comment brought up an interesting point i had in mind. It's a joke that guys with even 3 speed points more than CB's will just blow by them. I mean, i can see that speeds vary, but you hardly ever see guys just running past everyone. I mean, in real life, Corey Webster can run stride for stride with Randy Moss sometimes, heck he even did it against Joey Galloway, but if you daare to put him against one of them 1 on 1 in Madden, might as well just bend over and give the other team six points.

nobodyinparticular
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
The speed comment brought up an interesting point i had in mind. It's a joke that guys with even 3 speed points more than CB's will just blow by them. I mean, i can see that speeds vary, but you hardly ever see guys just running past everyone. I mean, in real life, Corey Webster can run stride for stride with Randy Moss sometimes, heck he even did it against Joey Galloway, but if you daare to put him against one of them 1 on 1 in Madden, might as well just bend over and give the other team six points.

Then again you have Troy Williamson and Moss and others getting 4-5 strides past their defenders without effort.

MetSox17
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Then again you have Troy Williams and Moss and others getting 4-5 strides past their defenders without effort.

This past year i can't say that i saw Randy Moss getting 4-5 steps behind his defender.

Brent
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
How about actual practice uniforms in practice mode? I know that is also something small but it would be pretty cool. And, in last years, you couldn't see what the uniforms looked like when you were choosing them before a game. What's that about?

Paul
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Madden

Training Camp - Bring it back. That's it. It was great on the last gen, as it gave you the ability to work on and improve individual players before the preseason. And the new week by week training they have now is just to time consuming.

Menus - Small inconvenience, yes. But last years menu system was so clunky and slow at times. Just trying to look through your roster seemed tedious.

Draft/Scouting - As already mentioned, just some more depth in it would be nice.

Turtlepower
07-23-2008, 04:41 PM
NCAA should have a much more in-depth dynasty mode where you start at a crappy D-II school and work your way up to a BCS program (a la College Hoops).

Brent
07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
NCAA should have a much more in-depth dynasty mode where you start at a crappy D-II school and work your way up to a BCS program (a la College Hoops).
better yet: FCS (1-AA) Dynasty Mode, playoffs and everything.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Madden

Training Camp - Bring it back. That's it. It was great on the last gen, as it gave you the ability to work on and improve individual players before the preseason. And the new week by week training they have now is just to time consuming.

Menus - Small inconvenience, yes. But last years menu system was so clunky and slow at times. Just trying to look through your roster seemed tedious.

Draft/Scouting - As already mentioned, just some more depth in it would be nice.
The Training Camp was really bad imo. Since u can easily get +3 points in overall just every year. Id love to see sth we're people could lose some weight and get faster or sth but also be able to get injured. Like u can sent some players to lose some weight and lose Blocking abilities to get faster or get some weight to get stronger but lose explosiveness

Bills2083
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
-It doesn't seem like they've updated the PS2 edition in a long time. I'd like for them to work on that :D
-I'd also like the AI to offer trades
-In Superstar Mode, for some reason I'm always a 99. I dont want to be rated that high. I'd like to work my way up.
-Actually have all of the players pictures. I'm pretty sure they still dont have Dre' Bly's picture

Something that would be awesome is if they could have in the background after the Bills score a touchdown (or any team), is the song that the play. IE: The Bills have Shout!.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
My request is pretty simple. Give me realistic gameplay.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
My request is pretty simple. Give me realistic gameplay.

If you want realistic, go to a stadium. I play madden to do things i wouldnt see the pros do. Maybe i just like huge numbers, but i enjoy rushing for 300 yards a game with Michael Vick.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
u cant play in a stadium u dumbdumb!

iworshipbender
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Create-a-team, customizable playbooks, defense that doesn't suck.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
u cant play in a stadium u dumbdumb!

No, but you can run naked onto the field.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
are u trying to be extra funny today?

badgerbacker
07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
They should rank players based on the scheme they play in. Dwight Freeney wouldn't do very well in a 3-4 scheme as a DE.

Dr. Gonzo
07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
-It doesn't seem like they've updated the PS2 edition in a long time. I'd like for them to work on that :D
-I'd also like the AI to offer trades
-In Superstar Mode, for some reason I'm always a 99. I dont want to be rated that high. I'd like to work my way up.
-Actually have all of the players pictures. I'm pretty sure they still dont have Dre' Bly's picture

Something that would be awesome is if they could have in the background after the Bills score a touchdown (or any team), is the song that the play. IE: The Bills have Shout!.

I would much prefer they spend time improving the next gen game. I am sorry but these days there are not really that many people playing it on PS2. I would rather have one very good product then two mediocre ones and that good product needs to be on next gen.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
they should make PC into Next Gen and do it for PC at all...there are actually quite some PC players out there and im just sad that they dont really to make this game any better. EA Needs competition

Splat
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I am sorry but these days there are not really that many people playing it on PS2. I would rather have one very good product then two mediocre ones and that good product needs to be on next gen.

Uh there is still alot of people playing on the PS2 if they are going to keep putting it out on both they should spend the same amount of time/money on each.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
i want to play player lock with my buddy on the same team in a dynasty over the internet. 4 guy player lock on the same team would be even better.

Brent
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
if they are going to keep putting it out on both they should spend the same amount of time/money on each.
Well, they wont, because the cost to make it worthwhile on PS2 would not be equal to the amount of money they will earn. Also, there is a reason they dont care: because they want you to move on to the next generation systems. When you do that, or at least enough people do, they will stop making the PS2 versions of the games.

LonghornsLegend
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
They really need to bring training camp back, they have a chance to make it even more detailed on the new gen systems and they took it away, that was most of our favorite parts to the franchise, and you had more variety in drills.

Also not sure if they came out with it, but they should incorporate online franchises like the online dynasties with college...Get a group of 12 or so teams to manage NFL teams, have us all go after the FA pool and draft from the same draft class, I'm sure there has to be a way to get that set up because the NCAA setup is pretty nice.

Xonraider
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I actually would like for madden not to have invincible linebackers that know the play .0000000000000000000001 seconds after the ball is snapped...

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
come on, they know it from the start

yourfavestoner
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
PS2 guys: the people at EA and Tiburon are not going to waste time, money, and resources on a last gen console when it could be spent on next gen. It's just not gonna happen, and it would be bad business for them to do it.

kalbears13
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Not having to drop back 20 yards and being able to have the quarterback make a quick move to elude the defender instead of being sacked every time. The quarterback breaks the tackle 1/100 times.

MetSox17
07-24-2008, 10:35 AM
PS2 guys: the people at EA and Tiburon are not going to waste time, money, and resources on a last gen console when it could be spent on next gen. It's just not gonna happen, and it would be bad business for them to do it.

I understand that, but the problem has been there for about 3 years now. And you'd imagine they would still invest in PS2 games because i read somewhere that PS2 sales increased dramatically this past year.

PACKmanN
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=sports&thread.id=423297

The ideas this guy listed on the entire first page need to be added to NCAA 10.

Brent
07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I read somewhere that PS2 sales increased dramatically this past year.
Sales this year are about 2/3rds (at best) of what they were at this point last year and '07 was lower than '06 by a decent amount. It's a system that received recycled games this year from EA, all they did was update uniforms/rosters and maybe added/removed one or two features.