PDA

View Full Version : Hester a holdout...

BeerBaron
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1070830,hester072308.article

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo....... (breathe) .....Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Bad news.....there goes my buzz for getting Williams under contract.....

regoob2
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I dont think we should resign Hester to a huge deal. He's great and all but he returns kicks.

PACKmanN
07-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I dont think we should resign Hester to a huge deal. He's great and all but he returns kicks.

fine we will take him. I would rather give Hester your entire offense salary.

GB12
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree. You definitely shouldn't sign him to #1 or #2 WR money like some reports are claiming he wants. I don't think he'll ever be more than a trick play/deepthreat guy as a WR. He's very valuable as a returner which is why you have to pay him, but how much should a returner that good get paid? You'll likely be forced to overpay as you need his return skills, that offense can not go 80 yards on a regular basis, just hope it's not too much.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
i would pay him the best returner in the league by alot, and then put tons of incenitives (Sp?) in there...

BeerBaron
07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I'd give him a Roscoe Parrish deal + a little more. He was the last primary returner that I can remember getting any kind of longer deal, so I would use that as a start point at least...

And I'd rather get him under contract now instead of potentially letting him have a good year as a WR and as a return man which would only drive his price up higher......

GB12
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
And I'd rather get him under contract now instead of potentially letting him have a good year as a WR and as a return man which would only drive his price up higher......
I don't see that happening, but if he does have a good year at WR (let's say good is 650 yards 5 TDs) he's going to want a new contract regardless of what you give him right now.

BeerBaron
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't see that happening, but if he does have a good year at WR (let's say good is 650 yards 5 TDs) he's going to want a new contract regardless of what you give him right now.

But he will lose almost all leverage. No agent....anywhere, would advise their client to go for a new contract the year after getting a new one. That would almost be career suicide I think.

BeerBaron
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/23/hester-needs-to-report-by-august-5/

i feel better now...but if he's gone until then, any chance of him winning a starting job is gone.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
He doesn't realize that he is hurting himself. JA said that he is already negotiating. So why risk losing the chance to start?

GB12
07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
But he will lose almost all leverage. No agent....anywhere, would advise their client to go for a new contract the year after getting a new one. That would almost be career suicide I think.
Which is why it makes the most sense to just wait until next year.

RockJock07
07-24-2008, 12:36 AM
The fact that they are starting him doesn't make sense to me. I know he's explosive and is a huge threat, but his chances of getting hurt increase greatly. If he was meant to start at WR he would have done so at the U, they should have kept mouse and let Hester stick with what he's good at.

Gay Ork Wang
07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Cause College is a great way to see if players are going to be great in the NFL

Bearsfan123
07-24-2008, 09:15 AM
ugh, not what we need right now.

bearfan
07-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I was in Indiana when I heard this...good for Devin Hester. What he has done for Chicago, and the NFL, he deserves more money. Hell Brian Westbrook is looking to redo his deal because the deal he signed 2 years ago was when he was "playing at a certain level", and because he is now a superstar, he wants more money. Devin Hester is an attention grabber, a marketing machine. Good for the organization to have an explosive player like him who the town LOVES. So if he wants more money..give it to him within reason.

The only thing on the radio taht I heard that I didnt like was that he wants #1 or #2 reciever money. They on the radio continued to say that the FO handled it wrong during this offseason by saying how much better he has gotten at reciever, and how good he can be and that he can be the #1 or 2 for the team. I agree, he is going to look for more money because of what was said.