PDA

View Full Version : no campbell until 2010

Prowler
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
so much for the feel good story of the draft. had to have felt wrong the day before training camp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3502211

LonghornsLegend
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
That kind of sucks, I understand the importance and all of that so I fully respect what he's doing, but the timing had to mess with him a little bit, they should of made up their mind before the draft and let him know.

norsemenfootball
07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
i wonder if goddell is going to give us a comp draft pick for next yr because we essenitly wasted a pick for 2 yrs but i also respect him for commitment to oiur country and hope and pray he says safe so he can come back to the lions and kick ass

P-L
07-23-2008, 09:53 PM
i wonder if goddell is going to give us a comp draft pick for next yr because we essenitly wasted a pick for 2 yrs but i also respect him for commitment to oiur country and hope and pray he says safe so he can come back to the lions and kick ass
No chance that happens. The Lions took the risk of taking, and their gamble didn't pay off. You can't really blame Millen or the Lions for what happened, but it's not Goodell's or the NFL's fault either.

Brothgar
07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm going to be "unpatriotic" for a moment. The people at West Point gave their word that if a player had a chance to become a perfesional athlete (or someone else with special skills) he could do other things for his commitment to the US armed forces. Now that he is a professional athlete they are going aginst their word? Am I right on this I mean correct me if I'm wrong about what I just said but if you went to West Point with that thought in mind then what makes them all of a sudden pick up and go aginst their word.

Caddy
07-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm going to be "unpatriotic" for a moment. The people at West Point gave their word that if a player had a chance to become a perfesional athlete (or someone else with special skills) he could do other things for his commitment to the US armed forces. Now that he is a professional athlete they are going aginst their word? Am I right on this I mean correct me if I'm wrong about what I just said but if you went to West Point with that thought in mind then what makes them all of a sudden pick up and go aginst their word.

I believe they changed the regulations regarding professional athletes just recently. They are also using this change in regulation to recall to minor league baseballers to the army whose names elude me at the moment. It sucks, but when war is involved it becomes a luxury the US Army can't afford I guess.

Addict
07-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I believe they changed the regulations regarding professional athletes just recently. They are also using this change in regulation to recall to minor league baseballers to the army whose names elude me at the moment. It sucks, but when war is involved it becomes a luxury the US Army can't afford I guess.

still it's kind of a dick move.

Prowler
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
i'll agree with the dick move. i come from a military family but when you use a person as a recruiting tool then retract it a month later its just not right. who knows if an athlete or a bunch of athletes committed to the military or atleast planned on doing so already. do they get to re-evaluate their decisions? i had some sketchy recruiters after me who didn't really care about the facts, and i can just imagine the conversations they have had with athletes these past few months. i think people should join the military to serve not play games, but still i just hope nobody got caught in the red tape.