PDA

View Full Version : Bodden Extension

Maybe Next Year Millen2
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Figured this was thread worthy.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have signed Leigh Bodden to a four-year, $27 million extension.
Bodden didn't have an great season last year, but he is one of the better young cornerbacks in the NFL. He'll receive a $2 million signing bonus immediately, and a non-guaranteed $8.6 million bonus at the beginning of March. If he has a bad year the Lions could cut him, but odds are he'll earn the bonus and stay under Detroit's control through 2013.

Holy unexpected. Interesting way to do the contract. Very smart for once. 8.6 million bonus in 2009. He's locked up if he plays well and we if plays very poorly we are not tied down financially.

Obviously I hope he plays well and that means he'll be a Lion for a long time.

Brothgar
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Drafting for need? Being smart wit contracts?

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MATT MILLEN!!!!

On the other hand ... Who Cares.

Addict
07-25-2008, 05:21 AM
it's scary but Millen is actually doing all the right things for all the right reasons this offseason. Hell if he does this a few years in a row we might actually become (gulp) contenders.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
07-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Millen doesn't create the contracts. Tom Lewand does that. He's been here pre-Millen.

Addict
07-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Millen doesn't create the contracts. Tom Lewand does that. He's been here pre-Millen.

thank you for ruining my fun.

Cribbs>Hester
09-16-2008, 01:19 AM
How are you guys enjoying the scrub that is Leigh Bodden. Worst trade ever and even worse to extend this loser.

I can't wait to rub it in the face of all the other Browns fans who were so pro Leigh Bodden(before the trade). I was yelling to get this overrated bum out of town since 2006.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
09-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Well we don't have to pick up his bonus option next March if we want to cut him. Based on the contract, he still is able to be cut with less harmful cap implications. That being said, its only Week 2. He played ok in the Atlanta game. Green Bay nobody in the secondary played well plus Jenning/Driver are talented. I'll give him the rest of the season and then hopefully a new GM is making a decision on him but probably not.