PDA

View Full Version : Deathbystat Mock

DeathbyStat
03-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Round 1 Adam Carriker DE Nebraska-Maybe not my favorite pick but most of the guys I really like are gone by now

Round 2 Ryan Kalil C USC

Round 3 Tony Hunt RB Penn State

Round 4 Tim Shaw OLB Penn State

Round 5 Anthony Waters MLB Clemson

Round 6 Travourous Bain CB Hampton

Round 7 Nate Ilaoa RB Hawaii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JMq0FLpb9I

skarocksoi
03-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Looks alright to me, but theres just one thing that might be kind of minor. Everybody has Tim Shaw listed as an OLB, and I'm not sure if they do that because of his physical abilities, but he played most of his time at MLB with PSU before moving to DE. Maybe it's because he rushed the passer as DE so people put him as a rushbacker, but with his speed, I think he would be an option to play MLB in a Tampa-2. He'd be quick enough to drop back in deep coverage but still come up and have the strength to lay out the wood. I imagine he could play OLB too and rush the passer, but I don't think he did that great at it as a DE while at PSU.

terribletowel39
03-01-2007, 10:20 AM
only think i would change, since i have more faith that our C position will be better than one of our G positions is put Tony Hunt in the 2nd and take Ramirez in the 3rd. but other than that it looks awesome. oh and depending on how he runs Bishop instead of Waters. he is the strongest linebacker in the draft meaning he will be a good 3-4ILB, now we just need to know how fast he is.

Mr. Stiller
03-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Round 1 Adam Carriker DE Nebraska-Maybe not my favorite pick but most of the guys I really like are gone by now

I'm not sold on Carriker, He had a nonproductive season, and the only time he showed any signs of ability were in drills/Practice, he never showed up in games. And how do we play him? Keisel will be around for a long time and Aaron Smith just signed a 5 year 25M contract. Unless he can play OLB at 300lbs, I don't see it.

Round 2 Ryan Kalil C USC

I really really really like Kalil, but the FO already said no Centers. Although we did talk to Dan Mozes, but they figure we have Simmons, Okobi and Phillip.

Round 3 Tony Hunt RB Penn State

Good Pick

Round 4 Tim Shaw OLB Penn State

I know he played standup DE, but I don't know if he can be physical enough, but He's a kid I like.

Round 5 Anthony Waters MLB Clemson

Great pick.

Round 6 Travourous Bain CB Hampton

I think Bain is a 4th rounder realistically.

Round 7 Nate Ilaoa RB Hawaii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JMq0FLpb9I

I love me some Nate Ilaoa too, but... why draft 2 RB's?