PDA

View Full Version : Whitworth Inked

themaninblack
07-25-2008, 05:35 PM
LOVE IT!

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6894

Looks like Jerome Simpson may have a deal close to completion as well.

Bengalsrocket
07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I love how our organization handles linemen. Outside of Steinbach and now currently Andrews we always seem to lock em down with lengthy deals, that usually require some sort of incentive so we don't get screwed when they don't perform.

themaninblack
07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
The Andrews thing isn't their fault really, they've been trying to lock him up for some time now.

saintsfan912
07-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Good to see my LSU boys getting locked up. Kyle Williams and now Whitworth.

How happy are yall with him anyways? We get no Bengals games in Baton Rouge so I never get to see him play.

Also, whatever happened to Ben Wilkerson? Was an amazing C for us for years. Got hurt and haven't heard much about him.

themaninblack
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I, for one, am very happy with Whitworth. He's huge plus he's pretty athletic and very football smart. His versatility helps him out a lot as he has played LT and LG and might be the heir to Willie Anderson at RT if we can't get Andrews locked up long term.

Wilkerson showed some promise and I thought he might end up being in the mix to start but he never got completely healthy. I was a big fan of his though.

StripedWalrus
07-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Whitworth getting signed to a long deal is great! Wish we could get andrews in one but I dont see it happening.

themaninblack
07-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Locking up Andrews should be the highest priority for the team. Even if Houshmanzadeh is a casualty because of it, I think it is worth it because the mans got ALL WORLD ability plus it would allow us to let Levi go(hopefully in a trade) and clear up big money. Letting Levi go would probably even allow us to sign TJ for a few years.

Bengals78
07-28-2008, 04:19 AM
i agree about andrews being more valuable than tj.
heres to hoping