PDA

View Full Version : Steven Jackson a Camp Holdout

holt_bruce81
07-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sure you guys know by now Jackson is holding out. What scares me is he already turned down a long term Offer by the Rams that would of paid him amonst the top runningbacks in the NFL.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/67938/

freebirdsrams02
07-26-2008, 02:04 AM
This is not what Linehan and the Rams need right now. They also need to get Avery signed or he is going to be behind.

NGSeiler
07-27-2008, 06:18 PM
What scares me is he already turned down a long term Offer by the Rams that would of paid him amonst the top runningbacks in the NFL.

The problem is that statement was from Zygmunt I believe, and there are plenty of reasons why Jackson may have turned it down.

Maybe the Rams offered Jackson a $50 million deal, but it's over the course of the next seven years. Maybe the Rams' offer gives Jackson $22 million in guarantees, but a significant portion of that money is in the later years of the deal when the Rams could, potentially, opt not to pay them to an older Jackson.

There are plenty of reasons why this contract might not be agreeable. Just because their offer would put him among the league's highest-paid 'backs doesn't necessarily make this a good offer. Time will tell, but Jackson and his agent have to look out for his own interests because this is likely the only "big money" Jackson is going to get as an NFL running back.