PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my PS3 internet connection

Ness
07-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey. I just bought my 80GB PS3 today and I'm having trouble using the ethernet cable and connecting it to my computer's modem so I can access the internet with my PS3. I'm using a wired connection. Just to let you know I have cable internet with Comcast. The modem I use is a DPX2100. It looks like this:

http://www.simplehelp.net/images/cable_modems/scientificatlanta_dpx2100.gif

And I even put in my own IP address and all of that info. I connect directly to the modem. When the PS3 does a test connection, it detects my IP address, but it can't connect to the internet and it says it's due to a DNS error. I did the command line thing and typed in the correct DNS numbers though. I'm not really good with these things and I'm not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions?

Smokey Joe
07-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Did you try and let the system detect your information automatically?

Ness
07-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Did you try and let the system detect your information automatically?

Yeah I believe so. Then I typed in everything manually. Still no luck. I got one step further when I typed in my IP address though manually. The PS3 verified that I had one. But then it couldn't connect to the internet and said it was due to a DNS error.

JF4
07-25-2008, 11:20 PM
My suggestion...Call PSN support.

The support people are usually very helpful and should be able to solve your problem.

LonghornsLegend
07-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I had the same problems connecting my 360 at first, just make sure you have the correct primary and secondary DNS numbers if it needs both, that section screwed with me for awhile, but if you have the proper numbers and it still won't work you may have to call support, some lines are open late.

Ness
07-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Problem solved. Nevermind!