PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Avery signs!

holt_bruce81
07-26-2008, 11:57 PM
http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/67939/

Second round draft choice Donnie Avery agreed to a four-year contract on Saturday morning. Avery was the last of the team's unsigned draft choices.

Sources told stlouisrams.com that Avery was staying in a nearby hotel and will be in camp in time for Saturday's afternoon practice.

Great news!

NGSeiler
07-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Sounds like he wanted to be there as soon as possible, if he was waiting in a near-by hotel for the news. Apparently his luggage traveled with the team as well.

CJSchneider
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm not a Rams fan so I haven't been followingtheir training camp news. It suprised me that he was the first WR taken in this year's draft. Have you seen why this was in training camp yet? In other words, has be been living up to his draft position?

holt_bruce81
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm not a Rams fan so I haven't been followingtheir training camp news. It suprised me that he was the first WR taken in this year's draft. Have you seen why this was in training camp yet? In other words, has be been living up to his draft position?

He has only participated in a few practices, been held back by an injured pelvic bone. From what I've read he's looked solid in the practices he has participated in.....It sounds like Keenan Burton is stealing the show.