Bills2083
07-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm drafting #1 overall.
Who do I go with? AD, LT?

fenikz
07-27-2008, 08:40 PM
LT always(10)

07-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I know I'm in the minority but personally I'll go with AD.

CJSchneider
07-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I say LT for one reason. He has been good for multiple years, not just one. Other then that, you're splitting hairs.

Gay Ork Wang
07-27-2008, 08:46 PM
LT all the way...he is the most consistent RB (fantasy wise)

Bills2083
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
But do you think LT's knee injury will hurt his production?

MetSox17
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
But do you think LT's knee injury will hurt his production?

I had Peterson on my team last year, and too many times he disappeared from games thanks to his anemic offensive game. I don't think they did as much as it seems to improve that, so i'd go with LT.

He's the model of consistency, while AD, at some points wasn't. So the safe pick would be Tomlinson.

RoyHall#1
07-27-2008, 08:56 PM
The safer and better pick, go with LT.

Bills2083
07-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
I went with LT.
I'll give you rep when the draft is over.

I'll get everybody from Renji on, tomorrow. just remind me

Eaglez.Fan
07-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Is it a PPR or not?

Caddy
07-28-2008, 09:08 AM
As far as I'm concerned you made the right choice. I would pick LT 10 times out of ten. How often do you get the chance to draft a consistent back who is guaranteed (barring injury) to exceed 1300 yards on the ground, 10 TD's, and plenty of receptions/receiving yards.

AD's inconsistency doesn't make him worth the #1 pick just yet.

Good choice.

RoyHall#1
07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Rep me after the season. ;)

Bills2083
07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
royhall, it says wait another 24 hours, so I still cant get you any rep yet :P

07-28-2008, 11:03 AM
In my league I have MJD, Bush and McFadden. If I'm allowed to start only two RBs who gets the nod here?

Gay Ork Wang
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
id start MJD and Bush and look how McFadden develops

Shane P. Hallam
07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
In my league I have MJD, Bush and McFadden. If I'm allowed to start only two RBs who gets the nod here?

Wait awhile. See if McFadden gets the job, etc.

What is the scoring for the league?

LonghornsLegend
07-28-2008, 11:18 AM
As far as I'm concerned you made the right choice. I would pick LT 10 times out of ten. How often do you get the chance to draft a consistent back who is guaranteed (barring injury) to exceed 1300 yards on the ground, 10 TD's, and plenty of receptions/receiving yards.

AD's inconsistency doesn't make him worth the #1 pick just yet.

Good choice.

I keep asking myself "how long is he going to do this", I mean seriously, is he going to be a rare situation where he can keep doing this, because it seems like he is destined to start missing some games at some point, or slow down like most backs with his mileage do when they approach 30...He has ALOT of touches over his career.

07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Wait awhile. See if McFadden gets the job, etc.

What is the scoring for the league?

Standard scoring settings however return stats are also counted though very minor as you can see.

Rushing TD Rush 6 2pt Rushing Conversion 2
Every 10 rushing yards 1

Receiving TD Reception 6 2pt Receiving Conversion 2
Every 10 receiving yards 1

Miscellaneous Fumble Recovered for TD 6 Each Fumble Lost -2
Kickoff Return TD 6 Punt Return TD 6
Every 25 kickoff return yards 0.5 Every 25 punt return yards 0.5

Hines
07-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I keep asking myself "how long is he going to do this", I mean seriously, is he going to be a rare situation where he can keep doing this, because it seems like he is destined to start missing some games at some point, or slow down like most backs with his mileage do when they approach 30...He has ALOT of touches over his career.

Plus the huge injury risk everytime he touches the ball. I love AP like the others, but LT is the safer pick. Hell, I would chose Westbrook over AP just for the simple fact that Westbrook gets touches and catches.

07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Plus the huge injury risk everytime he touches the ball. I love AP like the others, but LT is the safer pick. Hell, I would chose Westbrook over AP just for the simple fact that Westbrook gets touches and catches.

I believe he was referring to LT ..

Hines
07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I believe he was referring to LT ..

OH my fault. Thought he was talking about Peterson.

Gay Ork Wang
07-28-2008, 12:02 PM

That shouldve made u think :D

id rank my RBs LT, Westbrook AP SJ

MetSox17
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Is anyone gonna stray away from SJax due to his holdout? Or the offensive line?

Can i get a quick list of everyone's top 5 fantasy rb's?

1. LT
2. Westbrook
3. Jackson
3. Peterson
5. Ronnie Brown (if healthy), or Addai

Hines
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
LT
Westbrook
AD
Jackson
Addai

MetSox17
07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
No love for Ronnie Brown, Hines?

Eaglez.Fan
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I got-

1. LT
2. Westbrook
3. Steven Jackson
4. Joseph Addai
5. Adrian Peterson

This is for a PPR league which I'm in.

Eaglez.Fan
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM

Ronnie Brown shouldn't even be considered for a top 5 spot. The Dolphins are a brutal team, they're o-line is bad. Cam Cameron who is runs a RB friendly system is gone. Ricky Williams was rumored to be impressing and to steal some carries. And the Dolphins have a horrible QB situation going which will only hurt Ronnie. If he stays healthy the whole year I have him as my 13th best RB in a PPR league. Adn to top it off they will always be losing, so I don't expect the Phins to run much later in games.

LonghornsLegend
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM

None for me, he isn't recovered yet, and I don't like the idea of going into the season with a RB1 or RB2 fresh off an ACL injury...It's ok to take him, but you MUST have Ricky, or Parmele stashed away on your bench somewhere because one or the other will pick up the slack and I expect a committee approach anyway....I'd take him if the value is good, ie late 4th rd in a 12 team draft, but I would rather take Graham before him(alot more healthy, will get more touches, all his goal line carries, safer pick)...My top 5:

Standard Scoring Settings

1. AD
2. LT
3. Steven Jackson
4. Brian Westbrook
5. Joseph Addai(of course I'd take Barber at this spot every time)

PPR Settings
1. LT
2. AD
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Steven Jackson
5. Josehp Addai

I think the top 4 can finish in ANY order, Jackson could return to old form, their line is healthy and they can throw, he has alot of potential, even off his injury last year he came back and played great, so no surprise if he ended up #1, but I'd still rank AD near the top because he has 2,000 yd potential as a rusher alone and around 20 TD's, his ceiling is much higher then the other guys, and he can flat out win games for you.

LT might be safer and more consistent, but his ceiling is nowhere near the same as AD.

Everyone singing LT's praises like he will never slow down, ask the people who drafted Rudi and Shaun Alexander high last year expecting the same things, and how did that work out for them.

scottyboy
07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
1: Brian Leonard
2: Raymell Rice
3: Brandon Jacobs
4: Ahmad Bradshaw
5: Derrick Ward

Gay Ork Wang
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM
the thing with AD is, that he can win but also lose games for u. He could post 45 the one time and sup 11 points the next 2 games. LT is one of the most consistent FF RBs and posts more then 11 points almost every game

Hines
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM

I love Ronnie Brown, but as of now, and even before the injury, I had him as a RB2 type of player. Maybe if he comes on strong after the injury he can be a RB1 type of player.

D-Unit
07-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Is anyone gonna stray away from SJax due to his holdout? Or the offensive line?

Can i get a quick list of everyone's top 5 fantasy rb's?

1. LT
2. Westbrook
3. Jackson
3. Peterson
5. Ronnie Brown (if healthy), or Addai
Ronnie Brown is no where near my Top 5.

1. AD
2. LT
3. Steven Jackson
4. Joseph Addai
5. Brian Westbrook

MetSox17
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I haven't kept up much with the Dolphins, therefore i'm not too sure how Brown is recovering from his injury, but with that decimated offensive line they had last year, he was still putting up beastly numbers. Addai kinda fell short for me last year, i was expecting bigger things from him.

I might be a little higher on Steven Jackson than most people, so long as Bulger stays healthy, i think he can be what Ronnie Brown was the first half of the year last season.

LT might be safer and more consistent, but his ceiling is nowhere near the same as AD.

Everyone singing LT's praises like he will never slow down, ask the people who drafted Rudi and Shaun Alexander high last year expecting the same things, and how did that work out for them.

I don't know, i think this is where you're wrong. To say that LT's ceiling isn't as high as Peterson might be a bit much. Tomlinson scores a ton of touchdowns, still gets about 120 yards from LOS, and has a much better offense to work around. Last year i had Peterson, and down the stretch he just disappeared. I love him as much as the next guy does, but he hasn't shown anything, consistency wise, to merit the number one overall pick, over guys like Westbrook and Tomlinson

MetSox17
07-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Ronnie Brown is no where near my Top 5.

1. AD
2. LT
3. Steven Jackson
4. Joseph Addai
5. Brian Westbrook

Most people conveniently forgot to read what was in between parenthesis.

"(if healthy)"

If he was healthy, i don't understand why he wouldn't be. He was the number one RB till he got hurt last year.

D-Unit
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Most people conveniently forgot to read what was in between parenthesis.

"(if healthy)"

If he was healthy, i don't understand why he wouldn't be. He was the number one RB till he got hurt last year.
Even IF healthy he's no where near the Top 5. Put it this way, I might choose Ricky Williams ahead of Brown.

MetSox17
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Even IF healthy he's no where near the Top 5. Put it this way, I might choose Ricky Williams ahead of Brown.

So him just being on top of the Fantasy Football world for half the year last season was just a figment of my imagination?:rolleyes:

Hines
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Now that I think of it, IF Larry Johnson had at least a decent oline, he could be a top 5 back.

Eaglez.Fan
07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Any falcons fans here know anything about your QB situation? If Redman is starting it would do wonders for Roddy White and I'd move him up my draft board. If you look at the weeks Redman was the starter, and project that into a full season White would have had 99 catches for 1300+ yards and 10+ touchdowns.

D-Unit
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM
So him just being on top of the Fantasy Football world for half the year last season was just a figment of my imagination?:rolleyes:
Bill Parcells is in town now buddy boy. I don't think I need to explain any further. Read between the lines.

Hines
07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I just traded Ryan Grant for Marion Barber. Who got the better deal? I also just traded Greg Jennings for Santonio Holmes, who got the better of that deal?

Caddy
07-28-2008, 09:26 PM

It's a very fine line to tread and as he gets older he obviously has to experience a drop in production. I guess that is the risk you take when you have the opportunity to get one of the best fantasy RB's in NFL history.

Caddy
07-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I just traded Ryan Grant for Marion Barber. Who got the better deal? I also just traded Greg Jennings for Santonio Holmes, who got the better of that deal?

I think you win in the Marion Barber trade. Barber has the most rushing TD's of anybody in the league the past two seasons not named Ladainian Tomlinson. Plus the exit of Julius Jones adds a little more value to him. He might not get you the yardage that Grant should post, but the TD value is there.

The Santonio Holmes trade is a little harder to judge. If the whole Favre saga had never happened and he remained the starting QB I think you would be getting ripped off. However, that isn't the situation and if Green Bay can't get rid of this controversy quickly then Holmes may post better statistics than Jennings.

LonghornsLegend
07-28-2008, 09:40 PM

You came out on top in both deals man, Holmes is on his way to WR1 in the fantasy world, and I expect him to take that leap this year, the fact that your a Steelers fan has to make it even sweeter...Barber deal is also a great one, he is more of a sure thing, he put up top 10 Rb numbers last year and he should only increase on those totals, Grant's situation is a little dicier because they have a new QB and may see stacked fronts where as Barber has weapons all around to make his job easier.

alca1992
07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Should i add Brett Farve. My backup QB is Phillup Rivers. Should i risk it cause brett farve could be a big reward

D-Unit
07-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Should i add Brett Farve. My backup QB is Phillup Rivers. Should i risk it cause brett farve could be a big reward
Depends who you would have to drop and how deep the league is. But I'd say no. Favre on a new team will not be that great and Favre in GB would only be as a backup unless Rogers really started to stink it up.

RoyHall#1
07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
LT
AD
Westbrook
Jackson
Addai

Obviously.

djp
07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Adrian Peterson
LT
Steven Jackson
Brian Westbrook
Joe Addai

Easy.

LonghornsLegend
07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
the thing with AD is, that he can win but also lose games for u. He could post 45 the one time and sup 11 points the next 2 games. LT is one of the most consistent FF RBs and posts more then 11 points almost every game

11 pts doesn't lose you games first of all, in a standard scoring league thats over 100 rushing yds, and that certainly isn't losing anything for you...A few of those reasons for those games was most of them were when he returned from injury, he wasn't fully healthy and you could tell, secondly he was a rookie, he still had somewhat of a learning curve himself...My point is I see AD having a better sophmore season, and LT is on the downside of his career, whether or not that slope is steep or not, naturally at this point he is, I would just take my chances with AD.

Gay Ork Wang
07-29-2008, 04:03 AM
i meant Sub 11 ;) and guys usually are not as good their sophomore year