PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Don't play video games too much

nobodyinparticular
07-30-2008, 03:40 AM
Ok, so I was walking into my room to go to sleep and I saw that my brother had fallen asleep with his bedside light on. I figured it wasn't a big deal, so I went on trying to find my shorts to wear to bed. As I am looking for my shorts, my brother sits up in his bed and stretches, as he routinely does when he wakes up. Again, I figure this is all normal--any amount of noise can stir a person from sleep when there is a light on right next to their head. He looks at me, eyes open like he wants to say something, so I stand there, waiting for him to finish his little stretch so that he can say what he has to say.

Brother (now hands held up a little bit as if confused/frustrated): I can't... *little chuckle* I can't do anything...
*awkward pause*
Me (slightly concerned because he has been worried he may lose his job on Thursday because California's budget still not has not been passed): You can't do what, Bobby?
Brother (still holding hands up): I can't do anything 'cause I don't have... I don't have... *he is desperately searching his brain for the word to say*
*another awkward pause*

(I should say right now that because the light on his bedside is on, I can clearly see that his eyes are open. However, he just doesn't seem to be all there)

Me: You don't have what, Bobby?
Brother (slightly frustrated): I don't have any MP...
Me: You don't have any what?
Brother: I don't have any MP...
Me: Ok Bobby.

I quietly pick up my shorts, walk slowly out of the room and shut the door quietly. I walk straight to my other brother's room and ask to come in. I walk in, shut the door behind me and tell the story to my other brother as I laugh hysterically.

Yes, my brother really said he couldn't do anything because he didn't have any MP (Mana/Magic Points/Power for those who are unfamiliar with fantasy video games). Here I was, all concerned and ready to talk to him about his concerns regarding his job and his money situation, and it turns out that he's talking in his sleep. Not just talking in his sleep, but carrying a conversation (albeit not cognitive) with me while sleeping with his eyes open.

The moral of this story is "Don't spend too much time playing video games. You just might end up telling someone that you just don't have any MP and you can't do anything as a result.

Gay Ork Wang
07-30-2008, 03:56 AM
haha thats actually funny

Caddy
07-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Talking in your sleep is a normal thing. I think you might have read into it a little too much.

nobodyinparticular
07-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Talking in your sleep is a normal thing. I think you might have read into it a little too much.

This wasn't talking, this was a conversation with me.

But in all honesty, I just thought it was hilarious that he told me that he couldn't do anything because he didn't have any MP.

What makes it even more funny is that it was such a stark contrast from what I was expecting. I mean, he looked like he was awake. And I thought he was talking about how he was concerned about not having a job and not having enough money to go back to college next semester. Instead, he tells me that he doesn't have enough MP.

Caddy
07-30-2008, 04:11 AM
This wasn't talking, this was a conversation with me.

But in all honesty, I just thought it was hilarious that he told me that he couldn't do anything because he didn't have any MP.

Yeah that is pretty funny. Would make for quite the youtube video.

eaglesalltheway
07-30-2008, 06:57 AM
That is a real funny one NIP. I have one kind of similar. My sister heard me talking in my sleep when I was about thirteen, saying I didn't want to go on the merry-go-round because I didn't like the pony. (Yes I did in fact say pony, not horse) Apparently whoever I thought I was talking to wanted me to go, and I was whining and complaining about riding said pony. I got so pissed that I eventually said, "I hate you pony!" All in my sleep. Wierd stuff, it really makes you wonder how the human brain works.

saer
07-30-2008, 07:09 AM
lol thats classic.

My sister just yelled in her sleep one time "NO Mommy DON'T go down the Waterslide!" that was pretty funny

Or one time my sisters friend fell asleep on the couch and woke up and said "what did you give me?!" I thought about and realized a couple hours before we had given her some appple juice, so I told her and she looked at me funny and walked up stairs. Weird as hell.

Eaglez.Fan
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
He could have been asleep. I've had a very short conversation with my brother when I was asleep. And it didn't make much sense just like yours.

FatJJ44
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
One of my friends is always talking in his sleep and he'll sometimes sleepwalk. He sleptwalk out of a house this one time and we couldn't find him in the morning but he ended up just cilimbing into a treehouse and slept there (yes this person had a treehouse).

That's only one part of the story bc I went on vacation with him to Colorado and his mom had a *** friend (Martine) that lived out so we stayed at his house. And in his sleep my friend says " No Martine no, not 2 ***** " It was probably one of the funniest things i've ever had. We still bring it up to rip on him.

PackerLegend
07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I first read this and was like wtf is mp.... you explained what it was and im still like wtf.