PDA

View Full Version : Big Day for Redskins fans on Saturday.

flave1969
07-31-2008, 02:58 PM
As we all know Art Monk and Darrell Green are inducted at 6PM ET on Saturday. It can be watched online at the HOF website if you don't have NFL-Network.

I grew up in the Gibbs era so these guys meant everything too me. I know there will be a massive influx of Redskins fans at Canton so the atmosphere will be great and I am sure very emotional.

Don't miss this day if you can help it.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-31-2008, 07:15 PM
What a day it will be, I knew Darrell was getting in but when they announced Art I couldn't believe it.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Art's speech and standing O was incredible, I have been watching the Hall of fame speeches for a while now but no player has received that type of reception.

703SKINS202
08-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I love Art but didn't really get to see him play live.

LONG LIVE DARELL GREEN

neko4
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I saw Darrell Green without the volume on and saw him tear up. Havent watched Art's yet.
Ive gone to his camps a couple times and I saw Darrell Green's last game in person when they beat the boys for the first time in a while.

flave1969
08-03-2008, 03:05 AM
The Ovation for Art Monk will live long in the memory.

BengalMedic
08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Art's speech and standing O was incredible, I have been watching the Hall of fame speeches for a while now but no player has received that type of reception.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Art has been overlooked for years in regards to getting into the Hall. I loved watching both him and Green give their speeches.

On a side note, I thought your boys looked pretty sharp last night and was impressed with Colt's performance. What an odd throwing style though...

treyskins
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Not surprised in the least at Art Monk's standing ovation,

He is, and always will be, a CLASS ACT.

Darrell Green is no mug either!
Both CORE REDSKINS.
May be a while before we see another in the hall of fame.