PDA

View Full Version : My Horrible Jersey History

StrongSide97
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Call this fate or what but check out my history of jersey purchases:

Michael Vick 8th grade: The next year they changed their jersey format from all black to black red and white

Randy Moss 8th grade: Two weeks later, he was charged with battery with a vehicle and drug possession

Daunte Culpepper freshman year: That year, he tore his entire knee up then traded to the Dolphins

Kobe Bryant Sophomore year: Bought in the summer, the following winter he was charged with rape

Willis McGahee Junior year: Next season he was traded to the Baltimore Ravens

Manny Ramirez Three weeks ago: Should have known, but today he was traded to the Dodgers

These are all true stories, and I have finally confirmed(should have earlier) that I will no longer in my life buy a jersey of my favorite athletes.

ImBrotherCain
07-31-2008, 05:00 PM
You wanna buy like another Vikings jersey Thanks

StrongSide97
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
I actually thought about buying a Adrian Peterson jersey the other day. Good thing I didn't, or he probably would have spontaneously combusted or something.

The Dynasty
07-31-2008, 05:13 PM
ah Dont Worry I have the Same problem. I bought like 3 Culpepper Jerseys and got Traded. Like 3 Moss Jerseys and was traded. McGahee as well. I have a Vick one as well. I bought a Vilma last year and he was traded. I asked for a Koren Robison Jersey and he was traded luckly didnt get it. For a While there every jersey my mom bought for me the player was traded so she never buys jerseys for me anymore....So When i do ask for jerseys I make sure how long there contract is. Which I just had to the other since I bought an Authentic Kevin Williams Jersey.

Brent
07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
This is why you dont buy jerseys

BeerBaron
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I've only ever had Urlacher jersies. I had a plain blue Bears home one and wore it until the numbers faded off. Got a new one of the orange variety and I still have it. Hopefully thats good luck fo rme, lol

iworshipbender
07-31-2008, 05:49 PM

Michael Vick 8th grade: The next year they changed their jersey format from all black to black red and white

Randy Moss 8th grade: Two weeks later, he was charged with battery with a vehicle and drug possession

Daunte Culpepper freshman year: That year, he tore his entire knee up then traded to the Dolphins

Kobe Bryant Sophomore year: Bought in the summer, the following winter he was charged with rape

Manny Ramirez Three weeks ago: Should have known, but today he was traded to the Dodgers

These are all true stories, and I have finally confirmed(should have earlier) that I will no longer in my life buy a jersey of my favorite athletes.

You should get an Adrian Peterson(vikings) jersey next.

vidae
07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
I bought a Jared Allen jersey and in the offseason he was traded to the Vikings.

MetSox17
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
I'd like to own jerseys, but i don't think i'd ever wear them.

TheBuffaloBills
07-31-2008, 06:02 PM
A few years back I got a Lawyer Milloy Jersey and a Willis McGahee jersey for my Birthday.... It was sweet then, but now I laugh.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Got a Peyton Manning jersey for Christmas. Barring a Tom Brady for Peyton Manning trade(not that this would ever happen) should be able to get another 5-6 years use out of this jersey.

Go_Eagles77
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Got a Peyton Manning jersey for Christmas. Barring a Tom Brady for Peyton Manning trade(not that this would ever happen) should be able to get another 5-6 years use out of this jersey.

More than that, jerseys of players who spent either the majority of their career or their whole career on one team, espcially future HOFers, are timeless.

scottyboy
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, I've got a bunch of old ones, but my Lavar one hurt pretty bad when he was cut(and hurt).

Bought a K-Mart jersey one off-season, he was traded 2 days later(exchanged it for a Bibby 'zona jersey, you can't trade your college)

RJ just got traded, so that jersey along with my Kidd are done. Nenad went to Russia, and thank god Sean Williams didn't get traded like some rumors suggested. His is my authentic!

So don't by basketball jerseys!!!!!!!!!

I just wear my authentic Osi jersey and rock old school's like Sehorn and Strahan(I've also got a Will Peterson jersey, he's now on a different team, with a different name ha)

Turtlepower
07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Bought a K-Mart jersey one off-season, he was traded 2 days later(exchanged it for a Bibby 'zona jersey, you can't trade your college)

You piece of ****.

BaLLiN
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
the artist formally known as william peterson haha

eaglesalltheway
07-31-2008, 09:10 PM
I only ever bought one Jersey. It was Brian westbrook, two years ago, that turned out well. Perhaps I should buy a jersey for every Eagle, haha.

Brent
07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I'd like to own jerseys, but i don't think i'd ever wear them.
Same here. The only thing I might wear would be those Mavs jersey t-shirts.

TheBuffaloBills
07-31-2008, 09:15 PM
This could bite me in the butt, but I am going to take a risk and buy a John McCargo Jersey...... Its going to cost 100 bucks, but I think its worth it.... A McCargo jersey is extremely risky, however it has a huge payoff.....

Thoughts

07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
What exactly appeals you to John McCargo? Anyways he looks to be on that line there for a long time though barring any more injuries.

Boston
07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
You must have bought a Brett Favre jersey too.

Brent
07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
This could bite me in the butt, but I am going to take a risk and buy a John McCargo Jersey...... Its going to cost 100 bucks, but I think its worth it.... A McCargo jersey is extremely risky, however it has a huge payoff.....

Thoughts
I think an Edwards, Lynch or Hardy jersey would be better.

Vikes99ej
07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
My authentic Kevin Garnett jersey has been irrelevant for a while now.

PACKmanN
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
You should get an Adrian Peterson(vikings) jersey next.

I agree and a Favre jersey as well, maybe he will finally go.

d34ng3l021
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Favorite Team: Falcons.

I had 2 Falcon jerseys. Michael Vick and DeAngelo Hall.

Oh well. I have a LaRon Landry, Calvin Johnson, and Ed Reed jerseys that are pretty sick.

TheBuffaloBills
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I think an Edwards, Lynch or Hardy jersey would be better.

Yeah those are pretty solid players..... I dont know though, because not to sound *** but everyone has a lynch jersey..... I never have seen a McCargo jersey before

JF4
07-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Packers Javon Walker jersey.

49ersfan_87
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I own a Jason Richardson GS Warriors Jersey. I bought it in 2005 when i actually cared about basketball. I havent really paid much attention to the NBA in about 2 years except for the finals. I was surprised to see Richardson on the Bobcats in the beginning of the season, which makes my jersey obsolete i guess..

smittyjs
07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
I bought a tyrone calico and Chris brown jersey, that didn't work out so well for me LOL

Brent
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah those are pretty solid players..... I dont know though, because not to sound *** but everyone has a lynch jersey..... I never have seen a McCargo jersey before

the best one you could do: OJ Simpson or Frank Reich

TACKLE
07-31-2008, 10:08 PM
That's why it's all about getting college jerseys of your fav NFL players. They can never be traded and the jerseys are more unique.

Also, where do you guys buy your jerseys? I get all mine off Ebay.

themaninblack
07-31-2008, 11:34 PM
The only jerseys I own are Brandon Phillips, Eric Davis, Carson Palmer, Chinedum Ndukwe, and David Pollack. The only one that you could call bad luck would be Pollack but y'all know the story on him.

kalbears13
08-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Can you buy Steelers, Bengals and Ravens jerseys? kthanks.

Jerseys...
Tim Couch (bust)
Omar Vizquel (with the Indians/ signed)
Grady Sizemore
Braylon Edwards (alternate orange!)

I have a horrible history with going to College/Pro Football games:
I've been to 6 Browns games and they've lost all 6.
I've been to 2 college games and the team I was rooting for both times lost.

Shane P. Hallam
08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Weak stuff. My first two jerseys? Yancy Thigpen and Troy Edwards.

Those two are HOF material now.

HChu
08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Weak stuff. My first two jerseys? Yancy Thigpen and Troy Edwards.

Those two are HOF material now.

Oh yeah, my first two jerseys were Tim Hardaway and Jeff George! From Ross too!

LTgiants
08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
I have a terrible jersey history

Kenyon Martin (Nets) soon after went 2 the nuggets
Jay Williams ( Bulls) Got a career ending injury
MJ (Wizards)
Vince Carter (Raptors) now on the nets
Marbury (Knicks) enough said there
Edge( Colts) soon after went to az
Tiki - bought it then he annoucned it was gonna be his last year
Lavar Arrington( Giants) he didnt last long without a doubt worst jersey i bought
Shockey- bought it last year and now he is a saint

the only jerseys i have that haven't left that team right away or at least still remembered more for being on that team then the other teams they played on are

Latrell Sprewell ( Knicks)
Tim Duncan
Alan Houston
ELI

The Dynasty
08-01-2008, 12:45 AM
I forgot I also had a Soriano Yankees Jersey and then he got traded. Then I also had a Raiders Moss Jersey, Travis Henry Bills and Priest Holmes Chiefs jersey...But Ive been lucky with vikings jerseys so far. I have a Peterson, Taylor, Sharper, Rice, Williams, and Henderson.

bearsfan_51
08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Dick Butkus, Walter Payton, Brian Urlacher.

Needless to say I wait until they are pretty well established before I shell out my cash.

WMD
08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm begging you all.. nobody buy my jersey! I don't want to get charged with rape or dog fighting, and I don't want to get traded to another message board.

kalbears13
08-01-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm begging you all.. nobody buy my jersey! I don't want to get charged with rape or dog fighting, and I don't want to get traded to another message board.

http://www.releaseofthe4thtwilightbookcountdown.com/forum/

SuperMcGee
08-01-2008, 01:37 AM

Just join the Moorman crowd, it's the best way to go.

My football jerseys:
- A Logo Athletic Jim Kelly jersey that is faded beyond recognition and two sizes too small. I wear it with pride.
- My friend's attempt at changing a Nate Clements jersey into a Fred Jackson jersey, actually done before Freddy became a superstud. Awesome.

WMD
08-01-2008, 01:40 AM
I think my jersey history beats all of yours, by the way::: Charles Rogers and Darko Milicic.

Also have a Chauncey Billups jersey.. Back in the day I had a Jerry Rice 49ers and a Charles Woodson Raiders jersey.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 04:57 AM
Dick Butkus, Walter Payton, Brian Urlacher.

Needless to say I wait until they are pretty well established before I shell out my cash.
yea all i have is an Urlacher jersey, i might get a Hester one

Brent
08-01-2008, 06:09 AM
does someone know if Hester is going to be required to change his number? now that he's officially a WR.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 06:14 AM
seems like ive read somewhere that the bears only have to list him as a CB/WR and its gonna be okay

scottyboy
08-01-2008, 06:54 AM
I think my jersey history beats all of yours, by the way::: Charles Rogers and Darko Milicic.

Also have a Chauncey Billups jersey.. Back in the day I had a Jerry Rice 49ers and a Charles Woodson Raiders jersey.

No Walter Herrmann?

BufFan71
08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
ehhhh

Drew Bledsoe (buffalo)
takeo spikes
willis mcgahee
Nate Clements
Moulds

jballa838
08-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Priest Holmes- Cheifs: good to go right there
Chad Johnson- Bengals: It changes weekly it seems like.
Nate Robinson- Knicks: I hope he is traded.
and hopefully my Jake Locker jersey won't come back to haunt me.

Rob S
08-01-2008, 09:20 AM
haha......I think almost every Bills fan has a Willis jersey. Fortunately I was able to resist. A have a McGee, a Schobel, and a Moorman (which is my favorite). I am considering a Lynch.....but FA scares the piss outta me.

TheBuffaloBills
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Moorman is a very safe bet..... I wonder how many other fans can say they wear a jersey of a punter.....

drowe
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM

buy a carlos zambrano jersey. i'll pay you. :)

The Dynasty
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Just join the Moorman crowd, it's the best way to go.

My football jerseys:
- A Logo Athletic Jim Kelly jersey that is faded beyond recognition and two sizes too small. I wear it with pride.
- My friend's attempt at changing a Nate Clements jersey into a Fred Jackson jersey, actually done before Freddy became a superstud. Awesome.

I have a two Kellys but no Bills. I have is U of Miami Jersey and USFL Jersey. I wouldnt mind buying some of the Old Vikings Jerseys but I really cant because they only sell Fran Tarkenton really. I rather have Cris Carter or John Randle.

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I own a Ryan Leaf jersey.

draftguru151
08-01-2008, 10:57 AM
The only pro jersey I've had was a Jason Taylor jersey that I've had for like 8/9 years. I'm trying to get a college collection going, though all I have right now is my Frank Gore UM jersey, Earl Bennett Vandy jersey and Darren McFadden Arkansas jersey. Been trying to get a Peterson OU jersey but no luck so far.

skarocksoi
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Moorman is a very safe bet..... I wonder how many other fans can say they wear a jersey of a punter.....

My brother has a jersey of the Steeler's former punter, Chris Gardoki. I think he was thinking about getting a Sepulveda jersey until he got hurt.

My bro is a punter though, so that's why he picked it I guess.

Staubach12
08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Buy A Roy Williams Jersey!

ATLDirtyBirds
08-01-2008, 02:06 PM
My only bad luck is a Mike Vick jersey...

Vikes99ej
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I have a Gophers Maroney jersey too.

SuperMcGee
08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
haha......I think almost every Bills fan has a Willis jersey. Fortunately I was able to resist. A have a McGee, a Schobel, and a Moorman (which is my favorite). I am considering a Lynch.....but FA scares the piss outta me.

Great choices. Schobel is a little underrepresented considering he's almost certainly going to be a career Bill and has been the best player on our defense for a while now. Moorman of course is a great choice, and McGee I had been considering myself, but I've never bought an NFL jersey for myself. Lynch is cool, I got my dad one for Christmas last year, he loves him.

WMD
08-01-2008, 03:00 PM
No Walter Herrmann?

Well, I was resisting because I wasn't sure if he was going to re-sign with us or not.

Also, I forgot, I have a Jason Maxiell jersey. It is glorious.

ChezPower4
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I want to get an Aaron Kampman Jersey and an Atari Bigby jersey really bad

scottyboy
08-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, I was resisting because I wasn't sure if he was going to re-sign with us or not.

Also, I forgot, I have a Jason Maxiell jersey. It is glorious.

That's as awesome(well almost) as my Sean WIlliams jersey. Back up explosive bigs, SWEET!

plus, casual fans are like "wtf?"

UKfan
08-01-2008, 04:13 PM
My first jersey was a Titans Eddie George one, not so bad really :)

brat316
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Duce Staley next year was gone to the Steelers, who I like as well. But he injured him self and retired

CashmoneyDrew
08-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Some of my Jersey history includes a drew bennett-titans, a pau gasol-grizzlies, an al del greco titans..... yup pretty bad luck. And yes you read that last jersey name correctly.

Brent
08-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I've only ever owned one. When I was a kid, I had a Steve Young jersey. The next year, after I got it, they won the Super Bowl. So I thought I had something going there and then the Cowboys won the next year and I knew it wasnt lucky.

08-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I own three football jerseys : Jerry Rice (Raiders), Reggie Bush (Saints), JaMarcus Russell (Raiders). It will be a matter of a few years before I ever know the real fate of my jersey history.

saer
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I've got a Peyton Manning jersey (my uncle lives in Indianapolis), I've got a Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James and a T-Mac jersey. I want to get another football jersey but don't know who to get. :/

TimD
08-05-2008, 11:30 AM
i try to only buy jerseys for players that i think will stick around for a while. i mean when i got my vilma jersey rookie year i didnt expect him to be traded just a few seasons later

TitleTown088
08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
ah Dont Worry I have the Same problem. I bought like 3 Culpepper Jerseys and got Traded. .

Who the hell buys three Culpepper Jerseys?

skinzzfan25
08-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I have a Sean Taylor 75th anny jersey that's freakin sweet. Also a signed Darrell Green one that I'd never wear.

I'm gonna pick up a Cooley one soon, he just got inked to a long deal recently.

yo123
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I have a pretty good history.

Cris Carter
Randy Moss
Kevin Garnett

Yeah I don't take to many chances. Except my Daunte Culpepper jersey but we don't need to talk about that.

Xonraider
08-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I actually thought about buying a Adrian Peterson jersey the other day. Good thing I didn't, or he probably would have spontaneously combusted or something.

lol:...

Actually you should buy jerseys of people who have retired... or wait for them to die and then buy them... that way nothing can really happen to them, other than profanity, or something...

KCJ58
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Caron Butler Lakers Jersey

The Dynasty
08-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Who the hell buys three Culpepper Jerseys?

One was a Replica, One was a Pro Bowl Jersey and Another one was ETQ ( the fake Authentic). Didnt expect Culpepper to bowl his knee out and be traded the next year.