PDA

View Full Version : How often do you shave?

49ersfan_87
07-31-2008, 10:47 PM
I shave usually every other day. Its a requirement for my job to shave but i can get away with a little stubble. If i have some time off from work i shave every 4-5 days because im just a lazy SOB.

slightlyaraiderfan
07-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Shave what?

thule
07-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Once a week...or whenever it gets to itchy to bare....it's one of the worst things to do imo.

Canadian_kid16
07-31-2008, 10:53 PM
I'll shave twice a week...one to get everything but a little chin patch off, and the other to shave everything off... IDK, facial hair is ok, but not really all that great

Flyboy
07-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Whenever I go to the barbershop.

Vikes99ej
07-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Around once every three days

fischbowl
07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Shave what?

Once a week, face

Once a day pube trim

WMD
07-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Every time I shower. I hate the feeling when it starts to grow in. I like being nice and smooth.

Turtlepower
07-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Every time I shower. I hate the feeling when it starts to grow in. I like being nice and smooth.

See, I can't shave in the shower. I have to be in front of a mirror to shave.

Paul
07-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Everyday. It just doesn't feel right when I don't.

princefielder28
07-31-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm lazy with the facial hair....keep it clean downstairs

Smokey Joe
07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
I believe you gotta let downstairs grow out. I used to go bald eagle, but in the end, it wasn't worth it.

iworshipbender
07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
The tree looks bigger when the forest is clearcut.

No.

And I haven't shaved my face for about a week.

smittyjs
07-31-2008, 11:34 PM
once every month or two, i just let it grow LOL :)

themaninblack
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
I have a full beard pretty much right now. I usually try to give it a trim every week or so but I haven't done it in awhile. I like having a beard because I look better with one plus I usually don't get ID'ed for beer or going into bars n such even though I'm only 19. Older women like it too!

Vikes99ej
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I have a full beard pretty much right now. I usually try to give it a trim every week or so but I haven't done it in awhile. I like having a beard because I look better with one plus I usually don't get ID'ed for beer or going into bars n such even though I'm only 19. Older women like it too!

Boy, I wish I lived in your town.

djp
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Every couple days.

themaninblack
07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Boy, I wish I lived in your town.

Cincy is actually pretty strict with ID's in my experience(in comparison to some other places I have been). You would not even believe I'm 19 years old if you saw me. I'm like 6'3" 285 with a full beard.

nobodyinparticular
08-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Cincy is actually pretty strict with ID's in my experience(in comparison to some other places I have been). You would not even believe I'm 19 years old if you saw me. I'm like 6'3" 285 with a full beard.

Are you 5'10" 115 without the beard?

JT Jag
08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Face: Once every couple of days

Not face: Every 10 days precisely

MetSox17
08-01-2008, 02:49 AM
I usually shave the 'stache every two or three days. The chin and soul patch i let grow, just trim occasionally, to keep it looking fresh.

niel89
08-01-2008, 04:12 AM
maybe once a week for me. back in high school i had to shave every other day to get by

Brent
08-01-2008, 06:14 AM
every other day because I am lazy and dont want to get any skin irritation.

CJSchneider
08-01-2008, 08:24 AM
During the summer, maybe once or twicwe a week depending on what I have going on. During school, I shave everyday.

BigJohn98
08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Up north every other day. Down south every day.

scottyboy
08-01-2008, 08:40 AM
during the schoo year I have to shave every day. it blows. I shave in the shower, I'm so good I don't need a mirror! :)

except for the stache, which grows slower, I shave that once a week, and I use a mirror for that...

BUT in the summer, I let it grow!!!!!!!! OH YEA!!!! people think I'm 21, it's sweet.

Downstairs, about every 10 days? Whenever I'm in the shower and think it's time to shave it

cdub11
08-01-2008, 08:45 AM
if i had to be clean shaved i would have to shave every day but my job doesnt require it so i shave about every 3-4 days

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Every other day. I just use an electric shaver now though so it's not bad, once I start using razors I'm sure I might get lazy and wait longer.

Brent
08-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Every other day. I just use an electric shaver now though so it's not bad, once I start using razors I'm sure I might get lazy and wait longer.
or you will love that smooth feeling you can only get with a razor and shave every day.

BTW, does any one shave against the grain?

bsaza2358
08-01-2008, 09:07 AM
I shave with a Mach 3 and CO Bigelow's eucalyptus-infused shave cream about 3x a week. If I have a date or a big meeting, I might shave more. I don't need to shave more than every 2 days right now, and I usually stretch it to 3. More like a Monday morning-Thursday morning kind of guy.

bsaza2358
08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh, and I definitely got against the grain when I shave. Only way to get a close cut.

drowe
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
face-
-i shave every other day. i use an electric before my shower, because the electric works better when my skin is dry. then, after the shower, i go over the rough spots with a gillete fusion. because that works better when my skin is wet. i don't use shaving cream and only go against the grain.
-i have grown a goatee at times. wifey does not approve, and usually i end up playing with it too much so i cut it off.
-good thing i don't do that to everything i play with too much.

dick-
rarely. i don't need to keep it completely clean. just keep things from getting out of control.

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
or you will love that smooth feeling you can only get with a razor and shave every day.

BTW, does any one shave against the grain?

I shave one every five or so days, but I should shave every other day. Yes I go against the grain. It sucks, but to get a real close shave you have to do it.

bsaza2358
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
dick-
rarely. i don't need to keep it completely clean. just keep things from getting out of control.

What do you care about shaving down there? You have a kid. No more sex until you're too old to do fun stuff without breaking a hip!

CJSchneider
08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
What do you care about shaving down there? You have a kid. No more sex until you're too old to do fun stuff without breaking a hip!

I don't know who you've been getting your info from. I have 3 kids, hell, how do you think they got here.

MetSox17
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't know about you all, but i keep ridiculously sharp objects that will go through skin easily, as far away from my dick as possible.

I use an electric trimmer.

dpl85
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm 23 and can barely grow any facial hair, is this normal? I mean I got a little goat but I can't grow a stache to save my life... it barely comes in and loooks more like a half fumanchu lol. My goat is kinda long though cause I'm too lazy to take 2mins to shave it.

drowe
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm 23 and can barely grow any facial hair, is this normal? I mean I got a little goat but I can't grow a stache to save my life... it barely comes in and loooks more like a half fumanchu lol. My goat is kinda long though cause I'm too lazy to take 2mins to shave it.

yeah, that's normal. i'm 28, and i can grow a decent goatee in 4 days, but, i can't grow hair on the sides of my face at all.

drowe
08-01-2008, 01:08 PM

hey, it's not all about getting play when ya clean up the downstairs area (but just so we're clear, it still happens :))
pubes:
1-get smelly when ya sweat
2-itch
3-get tangled up
4-shed

plenty of good reasons to keep up with your yard work.

L O V E
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Trim, don't shave below the equator. Regrow is terrible and being completely bare isn't ideal aesthetically.

As for my face, every two days usually. Never against the grain.

CJSchneider
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM

Also, if you had chicken pox as a kid (which we probably all have) many people acquire sub-dermal scar tissue that creates "dead spots" as far as facial hair is considered.

TheBuffaloBills
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I trim my pencil thin guido beard every day...... Its got to look extra thin and sharp

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 01:41 PM
yeah, that's normal. i'm 28, and i can grow a decent goatee in 4 days, but, i can't grow hair on the sides of my face at all.

The sides of my face were the first to come in when i was 16, but until recently (I'm 19)all of the hair around my mouth and chin was blonde, and couldn't be seen. It is now dark brown and I must say i like how it looks. I've been thinking about growing a beard. Sort of weird thing with me though, my hair goes al the way down my neck, but stops just above my collar. I also have a wierd blonde, thin patch that goes from the inside of my left eyebrow to my hairline at the far left of my face. it is difficult to see until close up, but I was just wondering if that is normal.

dpl85
08-01-2008, 01:52 PM
hey, it's not all about getting play when ya clean up the downstairs area (but just so we're clear, it still happens :))
pubes:
1-get smelly when ya sweat
2-itch
3-get tangled up
4-shed

plenty of good reasons to keep up with your yard work.
He's right, I've been shaving the nether regions for a few years now and there's really no reason not to shave there as the hair serves no purpose and probably makes you smell a little worse than you otherwise would. I used to think it was *** to shave there until I actually tried it. I also shave my ass but that might be a little too much information lol. That is really more for practical reasons though.

L O V E
08-01-2008, 01:54 PM
He's right, I've been shaving the nether regions for a few years now and there's really no reason not to shave there as the hair serves no purpose and probably makes you smell a little worse than you otherwise would. I used to think it was *** to shave there until I actually tried it. I also shave my ass but that might be a little too much information lol. That is really more for practical reasons though.

Doesn't the regrow kill? Plus, most women I've met prefer some hair down there.

dpl85
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Doesn't the regrow kill? Plus, most women I've met prefer some hair down there.
I always hear dudes complain about regrow or stubble but I don't know it's really never been a problem for me. It might itch a little at first but that goes away pretty fast. I just assume that most ladies prefer a clean neat trimmed appearance there since most ladies also trim their stuff.

bored of education
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I shave my pubes more than my face

MetSox17
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I trim my pencil thin guido beard every day...... Its got to look extra thin and sharp

I was cracking up when i started reading that, thinking you were referring to trimming your johnson as "pencil thin". LOL

CJSchneider
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I also shave my ass but that might be a little too much information lol. That is really more for practical reasons though.

What practicle reason is there for shaving your ass?

ChezPower4
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
once a week...cuz I'm lazy :cool:

LonghornsLegend
08-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I guess its just me but I really don't care about anyone shaving their pubes or their ass....I shave ever few days, I have my full beard connecting in now which I just go over with a guard to keep it low and smooth, but I line my mustache, beard, and shave under my neck every few days because I like to keep the sharp edge up...Have my own clippers so I cut my own hair and line myself up.

MetSox17
08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Hahahahaha

Go_Eagles77
08-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I guess its just me but I really don't care about anyone shaving their pubes or their ass

It's not just you. I second this.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Why would u want to know that...

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 04:51 PM

This I know for a fact will be too much information, and I apologize in advance for it, but there is a practical reason. I too get hair on my ass and in my asscrack. You must shave it before it gets to long, otherwise, the hairs pull on your boxers, and in certain situations, make wiping the region painful, as you are ripping out hair while trying to clean your arse. If ti is too long down there, you can reposition yourself on a seat and rip hair out, and needless to say, that is a tender area, and you want to let out a howl, but that would not be publicly acceptable, especially if you would be forced to explain why. I know this all from experience, sad to say. Once again I apologize, and this may be graphic :(, but you needed to know, there are some of the reasons.

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I guess its just me but I really don't care about anyone shaving their pubes or their ass....I shave ever few days, I have my full beard connecting in now which I just go over with a guard to keep it low and smooth, but I line my mustache, beard, and shave under my neck every few days because I like to keep the sharp edge up...Have my own clippers so I cut my own hair and line myself up.

Normally I would also have nothing to do with a conversation like this, but there are some guys who shave their ass out of necessity.

AkiliSmith
08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Every morning, Monday through Friday, for the last 3 years. Mandatory for my job. I use an old school shaving brush and shaving soap. Works a lot better than canned shaving cream or an electric razor.

Downstairs when my wife says it out of control, otherwise I could care less.

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Did I kill the thread with my ass-shaving post? Sawry.

CJSchneider
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I can honestly say I've never had to worry about my ass hair being to long.

yodabear
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Once a week, face

Once a day pube trim

DITTO , hell yeah fischy!

08-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Usually two to three times a week and in between I like to keep a little stubble. Now the pubes is a must probably around once or twice a week for obvious reasons. Depends. Like others have said you gotta keep it clean downstairs ya know.

Philliez01
08-01-2008, 10:32 PM
It's sporadic for me throughout the school year and summer. I run distance so I'm under the false impression that I look cooler while running. I mean what 5'11, 150 lb pound pale kid (with insanely tan arms / legs / neck but not anywhere else) wearing sunglasses, gelled up hair, and short shorts does not look beastly with facial hair?

Last summer I really wanted a beard. So much that I just let it grow out. No one saw me for a week or two but the problem was; my beard was uneven. But I was so focused on growing it, I just didn't care. However everyone else did. I had an awesome left side, but underachieving right. But the area right in between chin / cheek was completely barren.

Now I want a mustache. Prefontaine like.

dpl85
08-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Without getting too gross or going into too much detail, for guys like myself you pretty much have to in order to keep the area neat and clean before and after you go to the bathroom. For guys like myself it's a lot harder to keep the area clean without shaving at least once a month or maybe once every two months. Not to mention the hair there serves absolutely no purpose and is probably unattractive to women.

eaglesalltheway
08-02-2008, 07:23 AM
I can honestly say I've never had to worry about my ass hair being to long.

You can consider yourself a lucky man...

eaglesalltheway
08-02-2008, 07:25 AM
DPL, there is no probably for your assessment of how women think ass hair looks, they definitely find it unnatractive, that is, unless they have a warewolf fettish, haha.

BlindSite
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I've got a full on beard, short around everything except my chin, kind of like leonidas in 300.

I shave my neck and tidy it up every day though. I shaved off my beard completely about 3 months ago and it took 2 weeks for it to grow back to its glory.

I get a 5 o'clock shadow if I shave in the morning.

Sniper
08-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Whenever I feel like it. I'm pretty much unable to grow facial hair, so it's not a big deal. I once went three weeks without shaving and you couldn't really tell there was facial hair unless you looked closely.

themaninblack
08-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Are you 5'10" 115 without the beard?

actually less than that.