PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson, 2008

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I think this year CJ really begins to assert himself; we all know he's basically Jesus playing WR when it comes to the body composition, skills, and work ethic. Now it's just a matter of putting it all on the field/avoiding a freak injury.

I'm excited to see him play, and there's been a dearth of new topics. What's everyone else think?

Side note; if Jamarcus Russell falls flat this year and CJ lights it up, what do the Raiders think? I can't fault Al for going with the QB, even though CJ was without question the most talented player on the board. It would still be a tough pill to swallow.

Staubach12
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
He is the best WR prospect ever. He's going to blow up sooner or later.

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
He had a solid year last year for a first year WR. Like everyone else, I expect big thigns from him. If not this year, very shortly.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
There aren't many 'sure-things' in the NFL draft, but he was/is considered one of those 'can't miss' guys.......you would figure that given everything he has, and injury free, he will bust out. Why not this year? QB play? Poor Oline? Lack of running game?

basically, the only things on his side are his incredible talent, and the fact that he has a top notch WR playing opposite him to keep extra coverage on him.....

ChezPower4
08-01-2008, 02:04 PM
He is the best WR prospect ever. He's going to blow up sooner or later.

I wouldn't be so sure Sports Illustrated called tony mandarich the best LT prospect ever and look how that turned out.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
There aren't many 'sure-things' in the NFL draft, but he was/is considered one of those 'can't miss' guys.......you would figure that given everything he has, and injury free, he will bust out. Why not this year? QB play? Poor Oline? Lack of running game?

basically, the only things on his side are his incredible talent, and the fact that he has a top notch WR playing opposite him to keep extra coverage on him.....
he will bust out cause he is a Lion

keylime_5
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I think Calvin will get 900+ yards this year, probably over 1000. Next year is gonna be his big coming out party I think, year three usually is for WRs.

WMD
08-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Reports from training camp say he's a man among boys. We all knew that already, though.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/07/lions_cornerbacks_impressed_wi.html
Everybody bows down before Calvin Johnson!

08-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Side note; if Jamarcus Russell falls flat this year and CJ lights it up, what do the Raiders think? I can't fault Al for going with the QB, even though CJ was without question the most talented player on the board. It would still be a tough pill to swallow.

I wouldn't expect Russell to fall flat this year though I'm sure ready for a whole lot of inconsistency throughout the entire season. CJ's gonna be soo beastly ...

bored of education
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
D Bowe >>>>>>>>>>>> Cj.

Joking.

Cj has godly physical attributes.

I hope the best for him, yet I think Bowe will have a better year again this year. Bowe has been killing it in camp.

BRAVEHEART
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Reports from training camp say he's a man among boys. We all knew that already, though.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/07/lions_cornerbacks_impressed_wi.html
Everybody bows down before Calvin Johnson!

Well, with a name like "Megatron"....they should.

Burns336
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
He played fairly well for a rookie who was battling injuries and playing on pain killers all year.

I think he'll have a better year now that the offense is supposed to be more balanced. That team just wasn't talented/not a good enough fit to run Martz offense.

With Kevin Smith and Tatum bell getting 30 carries a game between them and a more standard offense with Roy and Calvin being focal points on the outside I think he'll be targeted more and should have a good second year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 1000+ yards and 6-8 Td's

ChezPower4
08-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I think Calvin will get 900+ yards this year, probably over 1000. Next year is gonna be his big coming out party I think, year three usually is for WRs.

This is generally true that is when I'm expecting him to really break out and be franchise WR

Staubach12
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't be so sure Sports Illustrated called tony mandarich the best LT prospect ever and look how that turned out.

This has nothing to do with him. And being the best prospect ever at a position doesn't guarantee success. Even IF Mandarich was the best prospect ever, his status as a pro doesn't effect how he was looked at as a prospect.

And try telling me that a 6-5, 235 lb WR who runs a 4.35 and produced the way he did with ******* Reggie Ball as your QB is not the best prospect ever. Name a better prospect, please.

WMD
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Randy Moss?

Paranoidmoonduck
08-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Moss wasn't a better prospect as long as we're discussing the whole package, but Moss is easily the best wide receiver I've ever seen play, so I can't say Johnson is better.

I supported the Russell pick back in 2007, and I still support it today. That said, I'm not sure I've ever liked a prospect as much as I liked Johnson, and I still held out hope until the last moment that Al Davis would go for the kid. Assuming Detroit can erect some sort of offense, he is going to be fun to watch.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2008/09000d5d8097bc33_gallery_600.jpg

Staubach12
08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Randy Moss?

21st pick Randy Moss? Big legal problems Randy Moss?

LonghornsLegend
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
It's not going out on a limb saying he will break out or expecting him too...He has all the measurables, and I wouldn't be surprised when he shows up with a 1300/15 TD season whether it be this year or next...If it never happens he will be viewed as a bust, but judging from last year and his 700/4 campaign he looks like he should make that turn soon the same way Braylon did.

P-L
08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
D Bowe >>>>>>>>>>>> Cj.
I said before the draft that Bowe would have a better career than Johnson. I can only hope I'm wrong...

Aftermath
08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I said before the draft that Bowe would have a better career than Johnson. I can only hope I'm wrong...

Thats foolish

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Thats foolish

Not yet it's not. It will be soon enough, but what's guaranteed in the NFL?

P-L
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Thats foolish
One year into their careers, it doesn't look so foolish. People can make all the excuses they want for Calvin, but Dwayne Bowe was far better than him in their rookie year. Trust me, as a Lions fan I would like nothing more than for Calvin to prove me wrong.

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
One year into their careers, it doesn't look so foolish. People can make all the excuses they want for Calvin, but Dwayne Bowe was far better than him in their rookie year. Trust me, as a Lions fan I would like nothing more than for Calvin to prove me wrong.

You couldn't be more right. Still, Calvin is a tiny God. As much as it pains me to admit, between him and Laron, there were moments that I longed for the Chargers dark days of drafting ridiculously high. Then again, I don't have much room to complain. Cromartie with the 19th pick astounds me in retrospect, even coming off an injury without much experience.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-01-2008, 04:49 PM

Bowe had the upside of being the only explosive option on that offense, while Calvin Johnson was battling back pain all year. Not to say that Bowe wasn't easily the best rookie wideout, but even with the injury Johnson made some plays that I don't think Bowe will ever make.

Burns336
08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Sophomore slump for Bowe. You heard it hear first. haha.

In all seriousness, with LJ back he should be able to improve. I imagine LJ is going to have a crappy season though.

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Sophomore slump for Bowe. You heard it hear first. haha.

In all seriousness, with LJ back he should be able to improve. I imagine LJ is going to have a crappy season though.

I think people are sleeping on LJ big time, but I still don't think the Chiefs will be good.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 04:55 PM
i think LJ is done, like another injury, but Jamaal Charles is gonna step up big times

thule
08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say John Elway was a better prospect than Calvin Johnson.

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say John Elway was a better prospect than Calvin Johnson.

Not as a WR. :D

Seriously though, Calvin is in that category of just absolutely can't miss elite prospects.

Staubach12
08-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Bowe was my favorite player in that draft. God, I wanted him on the Cowboys SO BAD.

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Bowe was my favorite player in that draft. God, I wanted him on the Cowboys SO BAD.

At least you didn't settle for Buster Davis hoping some Bowe had rubbed off on him. He's fallen behind Legedu Naanee (beast!!!) on the depth chart in addition to waiting in line behind Gates, Chambers, Jackson, and of course LT.

I'm normally all for defending Charger players but I have a suspicion that Eric Parker, absurdly clutch for us for so many years, got cut so that Buster could at least compete for a spot in the rotation, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Randy Moss?

Calvin was a better prospect that Moss, no doubt. Moss had no where near the build and total package that Calvin came in with. Moss wasn't a slouch, but Calvin came in with the build of a man who could take the beating, and handle defenders, versus Moss with his thinner build who didn't have near the muscle

vidae
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
The Chiefs are going to be a bad team again this year but I think Bowe will actually improve. Improved offensive line and healthy LJ will mean more opportunities for Bowe.

As far as Calvin Johnson goes, dude is a BEAST and will continue to be a beast for a while. Bowe did have a better rookie year but Calvin was injured. He's going to explode this year imo.

zCaddyz
08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I hate the lions seems like every draft they take my fav player cj, sims, mike williams, yes i said mike williams.

norsemenfootball
08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
y the hell is mike williams one of ur fav players i would rather have charles rogers babysit my kids

Byrd430
08-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I think CJ is gonna be pretty valuable to this Lions team.

But this is dependent on how the RBs shape up. Kitna delivers for a ton of yards and a bunch of TDs, but his problem, at least in Detroit, has always been his INTs. That shouldn't affect Johnson much.

I suspect that the team wants to eventually deal Williams, so they need to test Johnson and see how good he is in terms of a number one receiver. CJ will continue to grow and learn, even if he is a Lion.

zCaddyz
08-02-2008, 12:56 AM
y the hell is mike williams one of ur fav players i would rather have charles rogers babysit my kids i ment during draft time i wanted mike, and i thought like others he was gonna be a beast

08-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Not as a WR. :D

Seriously though, Calvin is in that category of just absolutely can't miss elite prospects.

Elway had the complete package for a QB back in the day and he was also at one time considered the can't miss prospect. His hype was insane too.

d34ng3l021
08-02-2008, 01:11 AM
You know which other WR continues to tear up camp?

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8650/roddywhiteir8.jpg

08-02-2008, 01:22 AM
You know which other WR continues to tear up camp?

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8650/roddywhiteir8.jpg

Yes, as I've heard. One of the more talented yet least talked about star receivers in the game today imo.

kmartin575
08-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Bowe had the upside of being the only explosive option on that offense, while Calvin Johnson was battling back pain all year. Not to say that Bowe wasn't easily the best rookie wideout, but even with the injury Johnson made some plays that I don't think Bowe will ever make.

Ever heard of Tony Gonzalez? Hell, even if Bowe was the only explosive option that would just mean he could be double teamed every play since nobody else would scare a defense. I'm not sure how that argument would hurt his case.

And Bowe made plenty of great plays of his own. He made some of the most acrobatic catches I have ever seen.

I guess I shouldn't expect an intelligent argument from an ignorant Oakland fan.

kmartin575
08-02-2008, 02:54 AM
i think LJ is done, like another injury, but Jamaal Charles is gonna step up big times

Wow, LJ has his first major injury throughout his entire college or NFL career and now he is injury prone? Give me a break. His injury was not at all related to his 400+ carry season in the first place. It was a freak injury.

LJ is completely healthy and looks great in camp. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-02-2008, 03:09 AM
Ever heard of Tony Gonzalez? Hell, even if Bowe was the only explosive option that would just mean he could be double teamed every play since nobody else would scare a defense. I'm not sure how that argument would hurt his case.

And Bowe made plenty of great plays of his own. He made some of the most acrobatic catches I have ever seen.

I guess I shouldn't expect an intelligent argument from an ignorant Oakland fan.

Eloquently put.

No matter how you look at it, Bowe played healthy last year and Johnson played hurt. If Bowe is the better receiver, and I don't want to take anything away from him, because he's a great receiver, then using last year as a barometer would be a mistake, because the guy you're measuring him against wasn't 100% for the only action he's seen in the NFL to date. And even with being injured and targeted 28 times less than Bowe, Calvin Johnson caught one less score and had a higher yards per catch.

Let's just sit and wait and see how they perform this year.

Wow, LJ has his first major injury throughout his entire college or NFL career and now he is injury prone? Give me a break. His injury was not at all related to his 400+ carry season in the first place. It was a freak injury.

LJ is completely healthy and looks great in camp. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Someone doesn't understand what constitutes a freak injury. Landing on your arm funny with a 400 lbs. man on top of your and breaking it is a freak accident. Placing a fairly normal amount of stress upon a section of the body which has been run into the ground the previous season to a degree that no player has ever done before, is not a freak injury. It's something giving out.

Add in that Johnson passed a mark which, when passed, has historically meant that the player never returns to his previous form (except with one player, Eric Dickerson), and there's little reason to assume that Johnson can return to his peak form, and a million good reasons to think he can't.

vidae
08-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Eloquently put.

No matter how you look at it, Bowe played healthy last year and Johnson played hurt. If Bowe is the better receiver, and I don't want to take anything away from him, because he's a great receiver, then using last year as a barometer would be a mistake, because the guy you're measuring him against wasn't 100% for the only action he's seen in the NFL to date. And even with being injured and targeted 28 times less than Bowe, Calvin Johnson caught one less score and had a higher yards per catch.

Let's just sit and wait and see how they perform this year.

Someone doesn't understand what constitutes a freak injury. Landing on your arm funny with a 400 lbs. man on top of your and breaking it is a freak accident. Placing a fairly normal amount of stress upon a section of the body which has been run into the ground the previous season to a degree that no player has ever done before, is not a freak injury. It's something giving out.

Add in that Johnson passed a mark which, when passed, has historically meant that the player never returns to his previous form (except with one player, Eric Dickerson), and there's little reason to assume that Johnson can return to his peak form, and a million good reasons to think he can't.

AJ Hawk tackled LJ from behind and his body landed on the back of LJs foot. I don't quite understand your previous point. This is not something giving out. This is a 250 pound manbeast landing his body on the back of your leg, heh.

Ladanian Tomlinson is considered the best back in the league, and for good reason. When it's all said and done, he'll probably go down as one of the (if not the) greatest back to ever play this game, but let's look at some stats. Feel 100% absolutely free to challenge these stats as it's almost 4am and I've been up almost 24 hours at this point.

He has 2,365 career carries which ranks 20th in NFL history. Of the 45 running backs with the most rushing attempts in the history of the NFL, Tomlinson has played by far the fewest number of seasons. He's been worked extremely hard. Tomlinson has also averaged (roughly) 338 carries over the past seven seasons and is coming off of an MCL injury.

My point is this. I don't get how people can look at LJ and think he's done, that his career is over. He has a lot less mileage than many backs in this league and his injury wasn't as severe as some others, yet these other backs are talked about as if they're bulletproof, no amount of carries will phase them, etc. but LJs career is in decline. After two and a half years starting. I just don't get it.

While I will agree that this "magic number" has a very negative history associated with it, how many of the previous backs that you mentioned have played as little as LJ has? What's their starting experience like? How many years did they play before reaching that milestone?

That was all jumbled and probably didn't flow very well but it's 4am and I'm going to sleep!

Paranoidmoonduck
08-02-2008, 04:18 AM
As for the injury thing, my main irk is the idea that all injuries can be called "freak" injuries. They all happen on one play because something that stressed something on that play. But stress over a long period makes those things much easier.

As for your question about the magic number, I'll take the closest example.

Jamaal Anderson at 25 - 536 carries, 2218 yards (4.1 YPC)
Larry Johnson at 26 - 476 carries, 2416 yards (5.1 YPC)

Jamaal Anderson's next season - 410 carries, 1846 yards (4.5 YPC)
Larry Johnson's next season - 416 carries, 1789 yards (4.3 YPC)

Both players had very disappointing follow up campaigns (Johnson was inconsistent beyond simply Kansas City's offensive line woes even before he went out in the Green Bay game). Anderson had a resurgence in the year following that, but was essentially out of football by the age of 29. I don't wish a ruined career on Larry Johnson, not even close. But to act like there's not substantial reason to be very worried about Larry Johnson is ignoring the reality of the situation.

Gay Ork Wang
08-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Especially since he has 2 really promising young RBs right behind him. The FO wouldnt have went out there and picked a RB if there werent at least concerned about the position. Its not like they didnt have other holes to fill

Bengalsrocket
08-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Especially since he has 2 really promising young RBs right behind him. The FO wouldnt have went out there and picked a RB if there werent at least concerned about the position. Its not like they didnt have other holes to fill

Can never have to many RB's, its arguably the most desperate position for depth in all of football. With the beating these guys take and the run style some teams like to use right now, I don't believe any team is completely settled on the RB position nor will they ever be. Not to mention, a lot of people think Jammal Charles was really good value for where KC got him.

Gay Ork Wang
08-02-2008, 06:56 AM
yes so why shouldnt we be concerned for LJ if he is already injured. "With the beating" he will get, it could turn out the way i said

OzTitan
08-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I never really understand the whole 400 carry thing. So a back who does 399 carries is safe? 389? 379? where is the cut off point? I know there is history, but the Madden curse has history too. With that said, it seems more like a curse than a true issue.

And LJ had 13 carries in the playoffs that year, being beat in the WC round. I'm sure there are players who went above LJ's 06 season total across regular season and playoffs and they were ok. Or at least, I'm sure there have been backs who went over 400 into the playoffs and were ok. Is condensing it into 2, 3 games less like LJ did really that big a deal?

Iamcanadian
08-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Johnson may not put up fancy stats this year if Marinelli decides Smith is good enough to use to pound the ball on offense. This isn't Martz's offense any longer and Johnson may well find himself playing second fiddle to Roy Williams on the few occassions Detroit decides to throw the ball.

As for Oakland drafting Russell over Johnson, it was a no brainer. Talent wise Russell has a real shot at being among the top 5 QB's in the league within 3 years if he can be committed to being great which is unknown just yet. Russell has the best raw skills of any QB since Palmer was drafted but of course that doesn't guarantee success unless he has the mind and determination to reach his potential.
A successful career by Russell and within 3 yeasrs Okland will be a serious Super Bowl contender. A successful career by Johnson and Detroit is still a last place team, so tell me again who you would draft.

vidae
08-02-2008, 11:04 AM
As for the injury thing, my main irk is the idea that all injuries can be called "freak" injuries. They all happen on one play because something that stressed something on that play. But stress over a long period makes those things much easier.

As for your question about the magic number, I'll take the closest example.

Jamaal Anderson at 25 - 536 carries, 2218 yards (4.1 YPC)
Larry Johnson at 26 - 476 carries, 2416 yards (5.1 YPC)

Jamaal Anderson's next season - 410 carries, 1846 yards (4.5 YPC)
Larry Johnson's next season - 416 carries, 1789 yards (4.3 YPC)

Both players had very disappointing follow up campaigns (Johnson was inconsistent beyond simply Kansas City's offensive line woes even before he went out in the Green Bay game). Anderson had a resurgence in the year following that, but was essentially out of football by the age of 29. I don't wish a ruined career on Larry Johnson, not even close. But to act like there's not substantial reason to be very worried about Larry Johnson is ignoring the reality of the situation.

Good statage! Interesting to read, but allow me to reply to something you've said.

To the injury, I don't think it was a "freak" injury, but I don't think it's something that will be incredibly common. When you're tackled from behind (completely legal tackle in this case) and someone lands on the back of your foot, it's hardly something you can avoid, no matter the amount of carries you have.

While he wasn't as consistent as he was the previous years, he was starting to come on before the injury. He scored all of his four touchdowns and piled up 371 yards during his last three games and was also on pace to shatter his career mark for receptions. He was hardly declining or slowing down.

Before he was hurt, Bowe wasn't a legitimate threat. All defenses had to do was stack 8 in the box on every play and it was hard for us to move the ball. It'll be harder to do that this year as Bowe has proven he can play in this league and Tony G is still as good as ever. With an improving offensive line and Bowe being a legitimate threat to catch the ball, defenses have to gameplan for more than just LJ now.

Also, Jamaal Charles was a great college back and he was really good value where he was picked (3rd round, pick 73). He's the perfect compliment to LJ, moreso than Kolby Smith is. He is extremely fast and can hit the homerun at any time. LJ and Jamaal Charles will make a very good 1-2 punch. Charles wasn't drafted to replace LJ, far from it. It's going to be a very good tandem.

In the end, only time will tell. You could be right. He might never be the same. I don't think you can look at last season as proof of this because he reached some magic number the season before that. A career doesn't end in one season, especially not after an injury like that. We'll see how he performs this year and be able to asses this better.

bernbabybern820
08-02-2008, 04:55 PM
This has nothing to do with him. And being the best prospect ever at a position doesn't guarantee success. Even IF Mandarich was the best prospect ever, his status as a pro doesn't effect how he was looked at as a prospect.

And try telling me that a 6-5, 235 lb WR who runs a 4.35 and produced the way he did with ******* Reggie Ball as your QB is not the best prospect ever. Name a better prospect, please.

Randy Moss

bernbabybern820
08-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Calvin was a better prospect that Moss, no doubt. Moss had no where near the build and total package that Calvin came in with. Moss wasn't a slouch, but Calvin came in with the build of a man who could take the beating, and handle defenders, versus Moss with his thinner build who didn't have near the muscle

Moss had better acceleration.

Gay Ork Wang
08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
21st pick Randy Moss? Big legal problems Randy Moss?
but hey bbb820, ur the #1 Randy Moss fan, at least its homerism

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Moss had better acceleration.

And Calvin had the better attitude, work ethic, and character.......you have to keep in mind that this is as a prospect, and by that definition, Calvin was superior, plain and simple......

BlindSite
08-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Calvin Johnson in the Detroit TC is a big fish in a tiny pond though. I mean Detroit suck hard in the secondary. So its not like he facing Pacman Jones or Nnnnnnamamandanai ashogmoigoau every play.

His rookie numbers were solid if unspectacular and imo he's probably looking at around 70 for 1100 and close to 7 TDs.

bigbluedefense
08-02-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't trust that oline, or that qb. He'll be good, but until Detroit gets rid of Millen he'll never live up to the hype in that black hole environment.

As for who was the better prospect...Moss. The biggest misconception of the WR position is that its purely a physical position. WR is 80% mental. WRs have to be smart. Moss is probably the smartest WR in the league, and always has been.

Bucs_Rule
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
CJ was a way better prospect and it wasn't even close. Moss is more athletic, but he also had a very bad attitude, poor workethic and lots off the field issues. If Moss was a better prospect he wouldn't have fallen so far.

661rep
08-03-2008, 04:58 PM
As far as the C.J vs Bowe debate, I always knew CJ was the better talent, but I always believed Bowe would have the better career. I see some people making some excuses for CJ as to why he didn't have such a great year, but Bowe had to go against Champ, Asomugha, and Jammer twice each. That itself is an excuse not to have a great year.

Bosanac01
08-03-2008, 04:59 PM
CJ is going to have a big year, i can smell it.

ForOneDayHeWouldBeKing
08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
As far as the C.J vs Bowe debate, I always knew CJ was the better talent, but I always believed Bowe would have the better career. I see some people making some excuses for CJ as to why he didn't have such a great year, but Bowe had to go against Champ, Asomugha, and Jammer twice each. That itself is an excuse not to have a great year.

Johnson was hurt all year. How is that an excuse?

Bucs_Rule
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Detroit sucks so their going to be behind in most games and passing late which will help CJ stats.

Addict
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Detroit sucks so their going to be behind in most games and passing late which will help CJ stats.

you type to learn english I will reading then I maybe understand you are saying what.

Bosanac01
08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
you type to learn english I will reading then I maybe understand you are saying what.

dont knock him too much on his english, the kid actually has a good point.

661rep
08-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Johnson was hurt all year. How is that an excuse?

Because being injured is an excuse?

Bosanac01
08-04-2008, 12:59 AM
he's not going to be injured his whole career, we'll see how he does.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
He was playing hurt last year and still put up good numbers for a rookie wideout. I think baring injury he will have a great season. Lets just hope being on the Lions doesn't hurt his play.

Addict
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
dont knock him too much on his english, the kid actually has a good point.

His point? That CJ's stats will look better because of the lions sucking? You could say the same thing about Andre Johnson.

And as far as his English, it was horrible and I figured someone had to tell him.

litlharsh
08-05-2008, 02:36 PM
CJ's bound to succeed. It's the Georgia Tech in him.