PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie's offseason training

Bills2083
08-01-2008, 05:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am5ZopzTTH86R8RokyiwvxE5nYcB?slug=jc-sandiego080108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

bored of education
08-01-2008, 05:44 PM
The Cro is sick. The thing is he could have a break out year THIS year.

thule
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm still mad the cowboys passed him to take Bobby Carpenter :S

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
“How fast am I? As fast as I need to be,” Cromartie said. He’s smiling as he says that, but he’s fully serious. “Yeah, I think I’m the fastest man in the NFL. I don’t know who’s faster.”

His Name is Hester. Devin Hester.

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 06:05 PM

I'd take Cro in a footrace any day. Hester is and will always be the greatest returner of all time, but I don't think it's because of his straightline speed, which is still obviously excellent.

I read this article and absolutely nothing surprised me, which is crazy. Cro's already stated he wants 15 picks, which is absurd. Then again, teams have to throw at him, don't they? Jammer is seriously a blanket when he's on his game, and the Charger pass rush will be as scary as ever...

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
im just being a homer...

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 06:10 PM
im just being a homer...

Well I still love your avy.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
i seriously have no idea who is faster, and we will never know

CC.SD
08-01-2008, 06:17 PM
i seriously have no idea who is faster, and we will never know

Maybe they'll compete in Hawaii someday.

BamaFalcon59
08-01-2008, 06:21 PM
“I said, ‘Antonio, you’re not going to do that, you’re not an Olympic high jumper,’ ” said Williams, who has worked with Olympic athletes such as sprinter Lauryn Williams. “He just said, ‘We’ll see.’ So we get to the vertical jump and they set the top height at 44 inches.

“Well, Antonio jumps up and cups his hand over the top of the whole thing. Everybody goes silent and just kind of looks at each other. They didn’t know what to really do. But it takes awhile to set up the apparatus to measure the jump, so they just write 45 and move on. It was just ridiculous. It was way past 45, whatever it was.”

That is insane.

I would take DeAngelo Hall, Chris Johnson, and Jerome Mathis in races against him. Besides them, I'm not sure.

Gay Ork Wang
08-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Hester said, he doesnt compete in the fastest men competition cause he knows he is the fastest

BamaFalcon59
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
That means he is scared. If he really believed that then he would do it, see DeAngelo Hall.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Cromartie's a beast. I loved him coming out of FSU. Hopefully he can repeat what he accomplished last season.

TheBuffaloBills
08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Hester said, he doesnt compete in the fastest men competition cause he knows he is the fastest

Same here.... I dont compete in arm wrestling matches because I already know I am the strongest...... Psych..... That is pretty ***.

Brent
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm still mad the cowboys passed him to take Bobby Carpenter :S
Had they traded back into the round a little higher, the Niners could have had him (which would have been awesome) and not Manny Lawson. Oh well, that wasn't a bad draft for the Niners. But yes, sucks Parcells took someone who ended up being a waste of a pick.

MetSox17
08-01-2008, 08:58 PM
What i don't understand is how Hester timed horribly at the Combine =/. Shows you how much THAT means.

LonghornsLegend
08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Cro is just a ridiculous athlete, there is flat out no other way to put it...This pick was incredible:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2008/08/ipt/1217612481.jpg

He is an incredible athlete, and he's fun to watch...Anytime the ball is in his hands he is a threat to score, if it weren't for injury concerns he could be a very deadly punt returner on a consistent basis...Every single one of his physical traits are off the charts, if he starts to cover better on a more consistent basis it could be scary.

08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't think of a better athlete right now in the NFL . Back in the day you had Deion and Bo . This dude is just off the charts !!!

Gay Ork Wang
08-02-2008, 01:24 AM
What i don't understand is how Hester timed horribly at the Combine =/. Shows you how much THAT means.

He timed a a 4.2-4.3 at his pro day.

At the NFL scouting combine it was his first time running without cleets i believe

LonghornsLegend
08-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Had they traded back into the round a little higher, the Niners could have had him (which would have been awesome) and not Manny Lawson. Oh well, that wasn't a bad draft for the Niners. But yes, sucks Parcells took someone who ended up being a waste of a pick.

Personally I wanted Manny Lawson more...He is a perfect fit for Wade Phillip's scheme and would flourish here...Cro hurts but I doubt we get Adam Jones if we had him, so that makes it not as bad as having Carp with no spot.

bantx
08-02-2008, 02:16 AM
our team is so young and so talented with a lot of depth, the future of the bolts is looking great for us

vidae
08-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Cro is a beaaast. It really sucks we have to play the Chargers twice a year.

Denver - Dre Bly and Champ Bailey.
San Diego - Cro and Jammer.
Oakland - Asomugha and Hall.

Pretty sick CB tandems for a young QB to face. Damn you, AFC West! Damn you!

Flyboy
08-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Beast imo.

iloxygenil
08-02-2008, 09:31 AM

Cromartie has Jerry Rice speed...no one anywhere can catch him. The footrace I'd like to see is Jerious Norwood Devin Hester and Cro.

In that race I'm not sure who'd be able to pull it out, but I know not many people anywhere are as fast as Norwood, that kid can FLY.

And forget all those Atlanta fans who were telling me how much I was a homer for lovin Cromartie like he wasn't talented...where are my ney sayers now?

BamaFalcon59
08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I would just like to reitterate that DHall is faster than him.

ChezPower4
08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Cromartie is going be a huge playmaker his entire career as long as he can stay healthy. A.J Smith took a huge risk drafting a Junior that had an injured knee and it has paid off big time. Big props to Smith