PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my contacts

Namy
08-02-2008, 12:45 PM
So i recently switched to contacts about 4 days ago. However, even aside from the time it takes me to put them in, I've had an unpleasant experience w/them. My right contact blurs up on me (goes out of focus) probably more than 50% of the time that it's on. For a couple minutes my right eye will be fine... then it'll blur up for a long while. What confuses me, however, is that my left contact blurs up on me probably less than 5% of the time which is no big deal. This has happened all four days that I've had them on.

I'm sure it is the right prescription though because when they do work, I see with perfect clarity out of them (annoyingly, sometimes when my right contact goes in focus my left one goes out of focus). Anyway, I'm hoping it's all part of the adjusting problem so I'm going to give it a few more days, but realistically I think it's not an adjusting problem.

Also, for extra information... I made sure that I put the correct contacts in (right to right and left to left), I make sure that they're in that "bowl" shape, and I thoroughly clean them with the contact solution I have. I have soft contacts that are meant to correct astigmatism. And, idk if this is important, but I do feel that my right eye is a little smaller than my left?

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated... I do plan on speaking to my optometrist in a couple of days.

Staubach12
08-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I was never able to get contacts in my eye without taking a ton of time, so I just stuck with glasses.

badgerbacker
08-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Hmm, I've been wearing contacts for the past 8 years or so and I've never had any problems. I don't have an astigmatism though, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'd say the optometrist would be your best option for help.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Well you should always have eye drops, the one's for contacts, but you should go back to your optometrist because people's eyes react differently to different brands, you should try a bunch of different one's and never order until you have tried a pair on for at least a week. Also the contacts should have been fitted when you tried them on at the optometrist, he should have examined your eyes with them in to see the fit. As far as dryness yeah always have eye drops and make sure that you wet them with solution when it is on your finger before you put it in your eye. If it is taking a while for you to put it on, and by the time you put them in they are dry than that could easily be the problem. Acuvue lenses personally for me are the best because they really retain moisture in the eye. Also avoid driving with your windows completely open if you are going above 35 mph, and if you are using air conditioning don't point it directly at your face or they could dry up.

M.O.T.H.
08-02-2008, 03:48 PM
I've never had any blur problems w/ my contacts. It still takes me forever to put them so, I leave them in most of the time, even when I sleep. It's not a big deal, though because mine are designed for this type of thing.

Anyway, I'd agree that your problem may just be dryness. Def. a good idea to get it checked out, though. I've had friends w/ similar problems who needed to switch to a different brand or lense shortly after getting contacts for the first time also.

Shane P. Hallam
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
It can be size as well. There are different sized contacts. I know, my original contacts were too small for my eyes, they would fall out and crap, and I got some specialized ones. Work like a charm.

eaglesalltheway
08-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I've had contacts for two years, and luckily have very few problems. Since you just started, yyour optometrist is probably testing those out, and he will get your input at your next appointment. I have a slight astigmetism in my eye as well, so I don't think that would have anything to do with it. Just tell you eye doctor about it and I'm sure he'll find a solution, whether it be a smaller contact for your right eye, or a different type of contact. I sleep with my contacts in all the time, doesn't bother me at all. I go two months without touching them sometimes, it is nice. Probably not good for me, but nice. I used to get eye allergies, but since I got contacts they have gone away. I don't know if that is a coincidence, but that is something I noticed.