PDA

View Full Version : George Foster

norsemenfootball
08-05-2008, 09:08 AM
theirs a article in the paper today about george foster and gosder taking his spot why can't Rod just flip hi to the other side because backus sucks and cut him because backus has let kitna get blasted so many times

BcLion
08-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Because false start foster sucks. We kept him for depth and he is only still starting because Hotrod makes the rookies earn their starting status. Two weeks from now this is nonissue . I dont blame Foster for saying the right things and im sure he wants to suceed in the NFL. It just hasnt happened at this point.

Bclion

Addict
08-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Because false start foster sucks. We kept him for depth and he is only still starting because Hotrod makes the rookies earn their starting status. Two weeks from now this is nonissue . I dont blame Foster for saying the right things and im sure he wants to suceed in the NFL. It just hasnt happened at this point.

Bclion

lol I was just going to say... foster sucked last year, worse than backus ever did.

Oh and you don't need to put 'bclion' under all your posts. I've noticed you do it most of the time, but since your name is in the left column and fairly big, you don't need to worry about us not knowing who's saying it.

PACKmanN
08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
how about you put him in a freezer and frost him so he will never false start again?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
08-05-2008, 10:32 AM
lol I was just going to say... foster sucked last year, worse than backus ever did.

Oh and you don't need to put 'bclion' under all your posts. I've noticed you do it most of the time, but since your name is in the left column and fairly big, you don't need to worry about us not knowing who's saying it.

Wait.....who said that. Addict is that you. It must be a ghost without a signature.

I gurantee George Foster will have at least 10 false starts off of the bench this year to get Gosder some gatorade.

Sincerely,

Jon Kitna

Addict
08-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Wait.....who said that. Addict is that you. It must be a ghost without a signature.

I gurantee George Foster will have at least 10 false starts off of the bench this year to get Gosder some gatorade.

Sincerely,

Jon Kitna

no jesus reference = not Jon Kitna.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
no jesus reference = not Jon Kitna.

Amen to that. Thanks be to Rod.

BRAVEHEART
08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
False Start Foster better make way for the Haitian Sensation.:)

Addict
08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
False Start Foster better make way for the Haitian Sensation.:)

I just love that nickname.

WMD
08-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey! I think I invented the Haitian Sensation nickname for Gosder Cherilus. I also believe I invented "Jeff Sackus". I am a machine when it comes to nicknames.

BRAVEHEART
08-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey! I think I invented the Haitian Sensation nickname for Gosder Cherilus. I also believe I invented "Jeff Sackus". I am a machine when it comes to nicknames.

So, Roy came up with "Megatron" and Rod came up with "Hawaii 5-O".:p

WMD
08-06-2008, 11:29 PM
So, Roy came up with "Megatron" and Rod came up with "Hawaii 5-O".:p

Those nicknames suck.

Calvin Johnson is The Man Machine.
Ikaika Alama-Francis hasn't earned a nickname yet.

BRAVEHEART
08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Those nicknames suck.

Calvin Johnson is The Man Machine.
Ikaika Alama-Francis hasn't earned a nickname yet.

Isn't that like....uh, the same thing as Megatron?

WMD
08-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Megatron is a damn transformer.. and I don't think it's that good of a nickname anyways. Man Machine is much better!

Addict
08-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Megatron is a damn transformer.. and I don't think it's that good of a nickname anyways. Man Machine is much better!

a transformer who transformed into a huge gun. A very large weapon.

I'd like to point out the Mutilator was my nickname.

BRAVEHEART
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM

He was the baddest Transformer...how can you not like Megatron?

http://youfailmeyetagain.ytmnd.com/

TacticaLion
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
a transformer who transformed into a huge gun. A very large weapon.

I'd like to point out the Mutilator was my nickname.

Edwin "the Mutilator" Mulitalo is one of the greatest nicknames out there today. You win any conversation that involves nicknames. (Or names in general... or conversation between people with names. You win it.)

Brodeur
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
He was the baddest Transformer...how can you not like Megatron?

http://youfailmeyetagain.ytmnd.com/

Because he lost to Optimus Prime all the time. Man Machine does NOT lose.

Addict
09-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Edwin "the Mutilator" Mulitalo is one of the greatest nicknames out there today. You win any conversation that involves nicknames. (Or names in general... or conversation between people with names. You win it.)

*does the "I WIN" dance*

BRAVEHEART
09-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Because he lost to Optimus Prime all the time. Man Machine does NOT lose.

Hey, when transformers 2 and 3 come out, his nickname will be quite cool. If the Lions are good by that time expect to see him in a NFL Transformers commercial.

btw,

If CJ is Megatron...who is Star Scream?

P-L
09-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Someone posted this site in the NFL forum, which has stats for offensive lineman (sacks allowed, holding penalties, and false start penalties).

http://sports.cbs5.com/fb/index.asp

This actually makes me laugh at how bad the Lions' tackles were last year.

Jeff Backus - 15.5 sacks allowed
George Foster - 11.75 sacks allowed, 9 false starts

familyguy555
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Someone posted this site in the NFL forum, which has stats for offensive lineman (sacks allowed, holding penalties, and false start penalties).

It actually makes my cry lol.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
09-06-2008, 10:26 AM

Its several things why this happened. Personally, I think its mainly the system plus the high number of pass attempts. Look up those stats for 2005 before Martz for Backus. Jeff Backus 3 sacks allowed all year(probably why he got the big contract). How do you go from 3 sacks allowed to 15.5 sacks with the same player. West Coast to Mike Martz plus Backus's injury that everyone seems to forget about last year(Rib injury in Week 3). Backus is not as bad as those stats. He's somewhere in the middle.

Foster on the other hand, is stricly a run blocking mauler in a zone scheme. He should look better this year if we run more. As a pass protector though he's always struggled which is why we have to hope Gosder can get in there and actually be better at pass protection.

Addict
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey, when transformers 2 and 3 come out, his nickname will be quite cool. If the Lions are good by that time expect to see him in a NFL Transformers commercial.

btw,

If CJ is Megatron...who is Star Scream?

If CJ is Megatron, does that mean Matt Millen is Unicron?