PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Garcia

TACKLE
08-06-2008, 09:30 PM
If Favre ends up in Tampa Bay, Jeff Garcia says he wants out. I was wondering if Viking fans would welcome the idea of bringing Jeff Garcia in to compete for the starting spot with Tavaris Jackson?

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I for sure would. Jeff Garcia would give us a game manager who would make our passing game legit and thus improve our running game in the process. TJack could still develop into a solid QB but I am all for bring Garcia in to compete. I actually think Garcia may ever give us a better shot at winning then Favre. He is not the kind of guy who takes a whole lot of risks. Unlike Favre he would protect the ball and really allow the run game to flourish. That and I think he fits our offense better than Favre would.

So what I am trying to say is yes, I would love to trade for Garcia.

The Dynasty
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah I would alright with a trade for Garcia. He performed very well for the eagles and the offense is very similar to what we use in Minnesota so He probably would know the Offense Terms well and wouldn't take long to get a grasp on the playbook. He would a upgrade to what we have right now and what Gonzo said Tarvaris will be able to develop. If Brett Favre gets traded to the Jets Ill even take Pennington. I may not sound like a supporter of Tarvaris but I am I want him to be the QB of the Future he seems to have the tangibles. He can scramble and Has a huge arm he just needs to work on his Accuracy and not to be like a deer in headlights when he gets into trouble.

yo123
08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I would love a trade for Garcia, but what would that do for Jackson's confidence?

the_legend_killer
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
When he was an FA I wanted him, but now I want to see what Tarvaris can do. I'm ready to sink or swim with T-Jax.

The Dynasty
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I would love a trade for Garcia, but what would that do for Jackson's confidence?

Well it will probably hurt it some what but He would have to realize that this is the NFL its a Win Now League and the only thing we need it seems is a QB that can handle pressure and can lead us.

Caddy
08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I think Jeff Garcia would be a great guy to have in Minnesota. The Vikes and Buccaneers are similar in that they both have pretty great defenses. All the Vikings need in my opinion is a game manager like Garcia, someone who will only throw 3-5 picks all year, and they should be in a great position to win the NFC North and challenge for the NFC Title.

yo123
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Well there goes that theory.

The Dynasty
08-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Chad Pennington? yes or no?

yo123
08-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Chad Pennington? yes or no?

Honestly I don't see him as a huge upgrade over Jackson.