PDA

View Full Version : Favre a Jet

Pages : [1] 2

bearfan
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934

The Brett Favre era in Green Bay is now officially over. But Favre's legendary career is not.

The month-long saga has finally come to an end, with the Packers trading their future Hall-of-Fame quarterback to the New York Jets.
The exact compensation was not immediately known, but it is believed to be a single draft pick that increases in value depending upon how the Jets perform during the 2008 season.

Twiddler
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stash
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Finally, I'm so tired of hearing about this crap everyday.

BigJohn98
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Make It Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalbears13
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Ugh...now they're just going to be talking about him during the preseason game against the Browns tomorrow. F***! (If he was actually playing it would be a different story.)

Staubach12
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes! It's so nice that we'll be hearing real news...

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Poor Favre.He should have stayed retired.

yourfavestoner
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
its a fourth rounder that could increase up to a second rounder

Beans
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
yesssssssssss

finally

Brent
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, Brett, see you in SF on December 7th. I hope P-Willie has a present for you in the form of a blindside.

yo123
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
There will still be another week of-

1. Will Favre adapt to the new system in time for the regular season?
2. Does this make the Jets a contender?
3. Will Favre be happy in New York?

the coverage isn't over.

Brent
08-06-2008, 11:00 PM

that one especially.

josh07039
08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm incredibly happy about this but I still don't want to hear about this at all.

Crickett
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm incredibly happy about this but I still don't want to hear about this at all.

I never want to hear the end of it, but I'm a Jets fan, so....... yeah. :D

CJSchneider
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM

the coverage isn't over.

A week!! Try a month.

josh07039
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I never want to hear the end of it, but I'm a Jets fan, so....... yeah. :D
As am I. But at this point the only stuff I want to hear is normal training camp stuff that includes Favre, not the drama crap about his relationship with the Packers and how the final hours were and if he is happy to be a Jet or if he just settled on them. Basically I want to hear football related things about Favre no more drama.

DiG
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
i doubt it makes the jets a contender but it does jump thomas jones and cotchery up in my fantasy rankings.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Trade him to the Vikes!

ALD
08-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm so happy I stopped watching ESPN two years ago, got to skip out on this entire Brett drama crap.

BRAVEHEART
08-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Farve should have his own show on ESPN hosted by madden. So then we could just avoid his drama.

Bills2083
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
At first I thought the coverage would be over. But then I started thinking that it will not because there are going to be so many questions regarding the Jets such as will they make playoffs, will Favre catch onto the offense, etc. :rolleyes:

PoopSandwich
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
LOL

I hope Favre plays against the Browns tomorrow some how.

CC.SD
08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Still no playoffs. at least he'll still be in green.

BeerBaron
08-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Now....this probably means Pennington will be cut.....

come to the Bears Chad!!

JF4
08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
This is definately best-case scenario for the Packers. They traded him to a team out of conference and who they don't have on the schedule this year.

I seriously hope Favre does well with the Jets and I will definately be watching and rooting for the Jets september. I don't think I could've said the same thing if he went to Tampa.

PACKmanN
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Does this mean they need to make a new cover for Madden?

Xiomera
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
The Jets offense could actually be really good this season. And playing in the AFC East, I could see them making the playoffs actually.

That said, Favre has no shot at a Super Bowl anymore, so that kinda sucks for him.

M.O.T.H.
08-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I seriously doubt it, the game comes out in like 5 days. Some people already have advanced copies.

brat316
08-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah more Brett news...wait actually no more

Smokey
08-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow. So this is how it ends. I wish Brett Favre the best. I really hope he lights New York on fire.

JF4
08-06-2008, 11:26 PM

Impossible, it's most likely already shipped to all the stores.

Smokey
08-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Impossible, it's most likely already shipped to all the stores.

Went to preorder my copy and found out they're not making it for the pc this year. WTF?

Paul
08-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh there is a god. Thank you.

But I'm afraid ESPN will cover his arrival in NY, his first suit up, his first pass, his first whatever the hell else, just as closely.

Twiddler
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh there is a god. Thank you.

But I'm afraid ESPN will cover his arrival in NY, his first suit up, his first pass, his first whatever the hell else, just as closely.

Yep, this isn't going away any time soon.

yodabear
08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Now its official, every1 will forget who won the super bowl last year. Whoever it was beat an 18-0 team now there stadium mate traded for a future hall of famer, very nice.

Smokey
08-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Yep, this isn't going away any time soon.

At least the Packers can now largely concentrate on the business of training camp.

BeerBaron
08-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Went to preorder my copy and found out they're not making it for the pc this year. WTF?

i had heard that months ago...pissed me off. thats all I've ever played it on... (since like, madden 02 anyway, lol)

I'm just not getting it. screw it......

yodabear
08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
At least the Packers can now largely concentrate on the business of training camp.

Highly doubt it, A-Rod football will continue to be heckled until he has a 300 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT game, until then: some Packer fans will want Favre and will continue to yell.

neko4
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
A sad day for me...

Better go buy my new Jets jersey

tylerb929
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM

No ****, the PC was the best version last year. Looks like its PS3 for me now.

Kinda dumb considering this is the 20 year anniversery, and that the first year ever it was only on computer.

Shane P. Hallam
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM

Mmmm, I smell a curse

Smokey
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
i had heard that months ago...pissed me off. thats all I've ever played it on... (since like, madden 02 anyway, lol)

I'm just not getting it. screw it......

I'm with you. Spend too much time playing games as is without a console. I'll miss it this year though. Any other NFL pc games out there to fill the void?

Twiddler
08-06-2008, 11:38 PM

Yeah, I am looking forward to hearing about the players who are actually at camp.

Brodeur
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Does this mean that I don't have to see Rodgers scrimmage stats anymore? Because I'd really appreciate if I didn't.

BeerBaron
08-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm with you. Spend too much time playing games as is without a console. I'll miss it this year though. Any other NFL pc games out there to fill the void?

nothing I know of...I'm just going to get another year out of 08 and then maybe next year, if I make a little more money during the summer, buy a PS3.

diabsoule
08-06-2008, 11:44 PM

the coverage isn't over.

4. Does this make the AFC East the toughest division in football? You have the New England Patriots who almost completed a perfect season last year. You also have a Buffalo Bills team that should contend for a wild card, a Miami Dolphins team who has Bill Parcells, a Parcells disciple in Tony Soprano (Sparano, I know, but I call him Soprano) coaching the team, and now Brett Favre with a Jets team who made the playoffs two years ago.

yo123
08-06-2008, 11:46 PM
According to NFL Network the conditions are

If Favre plays 50% of the snaps this year- 3rd round pick
If Favre plays 70% and they make the playoffs- 2nd round pick
If Favre plays 80% in the regular season and 50% in the playoffs and they make the Super Bowl- 1st round pick.

So it will likely be a 3rd round pick with a slight chance at a second. Not bad.

BeerBaron
08-06-2008, 11:47 PM
4. Does this make the AFC East the toughest division in football? You have the New England Patriots who almost completed a perfect season last year. You also have a Buffalo Bills team that should contend for a wild card, a Miami Dolphins team who has Bill Parcells, a Parcells disciple in Tony Soprano (Sparano, I know, but I call him Soprano) coaching the team, and now Brett Favre with a Jets team who made the playoffs two years ago.

I still think the AFC South has the edge until the Jets, Bills and Dolphins prove themselves a little more.

diabsoule
08-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I still think the AFC South has the edge until the Jets, Bills and Dolphins prove themselves a little more.

I don't think AFC East is nearly as close to being as competitive as the AFC South or NFC East but one of the talking heads at ESPN or NFL Network is sure to utter something ludicrous like that.

Crickett
08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
According to NFL Network the conditions are

If Favre plays 50% of the snaps this year- 3rd round pick
If Favre plays 70% and they make the playoffs- 2nd round pick
If Favre plays 80% in the regular season and 50% in the playoffs and they make the Super Bowl- 1st round pick.

So it will likely be a 3rd round pick with a slight chance at a second. Not bad.

I'll say this. I didn't want the Jets to give up a first for Favre, but if the requirement for a 1st round pick is that the Jets make the superbowl, I'd be more than happy to see the Jets give it. :D

Xonraider
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
How long does it take him to learn the system though? I say he starts week 3

Bosanac01
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
One thing is certain from this, it's not over until like regular season when they can start talking about games and matchups. NY will love brett favre, like NY media.

Shane P. Hallam
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm sure the Jets would be fine giving up a first to go to the Super Bowl.

I'll tell you what though, I'm VERY excited for Week 2, 4:15 game, NE @ NYJ. Favre vs. Brady.

Crickett
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
How long does it take him to learn the system though? I say he starts week 3

I say he starts week 2, but doesn't play a full quarter.

CJSchneider
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/favre0531.jpg

johbur
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Thankfully Favre went to a small media market and there won't be a lot of media coverage nor that many many reporters at practices and hanging on his every pass and word. Considering how egoless and modest he is, he'll fit in perfectly. The fans are also very forgiving, I've heard, and will be happy to let Favre work himself into shape, even if he tosses 28 picks... ;D

kalbears13
08-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I'll say this. I didn't want the Jets to give up a first for Favre, but if the requirement for a 1st round pick is that the Jets make the superbowl, I'd be more than happy to see the Jets give it. :D

It's a win-win for both teams.

Gang Green
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Favre is starting week one. SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME. PRAISE THE LORD! (Not really, I'm jewish)

Bosanac01
08-07-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm sure the Jets would be fine giving up a first to go to the Super Bowl.

I'll tell you what though, I'm VERY excited for Week 2, 4:15 game, NE @ NYJ. Favre vs. Brady.

I cant tell you what the Jets would be willing to give to get to the Super Bowl, a first round pick is nothing. BTW that will be a great game, but will Favre start by week 2? I wanna see him in week 1, but right now idk if they will give him the rock right away.

yo123
08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
How's that likely a third. That's almost definitely a second.

Because the Jets aren't a good team.

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't see the "and make the playoffs" part. That's why my post is no longer there.

slightlyaraiderfan
08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
http://home.satx.rr.com/claneva/madden.jpg

"Boom!!"

Gang Green
08-07-2008, 12:06 AM

Um, what are you talking about? We're top dogs in the AFC now.

Xonraider
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I cant tell you what the Jets would be willing to give to get to the Super Bowl, a first round pick is nothing. BTW that will be a great game, but will Favre start by week 2? I wanna see him in week 1, but right now idk if they will give him the rock right away.

Well, they might start him for week 2 just to create anticipation for the game, sell more tickets, advertisements and such...

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:09 AM
There is no doubt Favre will start week 1.

Bosanac01
08-07-2008, 12:09 AM
If the Jets play well, then it will be a second (hell no SB), but if they began to suck it up, Favre wont play as much because Jets will want that second rounder over third. I want to see the Jets do good, just cause of Favre.

kalbears13
08-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I didn't see the "and make the playoffs" part. That's why my post is no longer there.

He's going to be 39 soon. I don't care how tough you are, it's going to be tough for him to stay healthy for 70% of the games.

08-07-2008, 12:10 AM
The trade was made so sudden with the intentions of him starting on opening week ...

yo123
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
He's going to be 39 soon. I don't care how tough you are, it's going to be tough for him to stay healthy for 70% of the games.

The guy hasn't missed a game in about 15 years and it wasn't a problem when he was 36, 37, or 38. What's so special about 39? That part is a given, it's the playoffs part that is the dealbreaker.

RollingMoss
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Can the Packers put in a provision to make sure the Jets don't turn around and trade him to someone else - say, the Vikings? Because I had heard somewhere that was the plan: for the Jets to get Favre and flip him to the Vikes for higher picks. This is probably just babbling...but does anyone know if that's even possible now, what with the conditional picks and all, or if Green Bay could have just blocked that idea to begin with?

yo123
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Can the Packers put in a provision to make sure the Jets don't turn around and trade him to someone else - say, the Vikings? Because I had heard somewhere that was the plan: for the Jets to get Favre and flip him to the Vikes for higher picks. This is probably just babbling...but does anyone know if that's even possible now, what with the conditional picks and all, or if Green Bay could have just blocked that idea to begin with?

I gurantee they put a provision in the trade.

yourfavestoner
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
are you guys really that ignorant to think that eric mangini is going to end favre's consecutive starts record? this board gets dumber by the day, I swear.

SuperMcGee
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Well that's unfortunate. We'll probably still end up with the usual split with the Jets, but I don't care to see this improvement. Or Favre not on the Packers.

RollingMoss
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM

Yeah, yeah, more than likely....damn.

/hopping back on the TJack train
/shedding single tear

Geo
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
its a fourth rounder that could increase up to a second rounder
Worth it imo. In my mind, quarterback was the area holding the Jets back from really competing with the Bills and Texans for the last wild card spot in the AFC.

Do the Jets have any down the field threats? Dustin Keller can attack the seams, sure, but anyone else - David Clowney? At least Jericho Cotchery might get more of a chance to shine like he truly can, now that he has an quarterback who can deliver the ball anywhere on the field.

kalbears13
08-07-2008, 12:20 AM
The guy hasn't missed a game in about 15 years and it wasn't a problem when he was 36, 37, or 38. What's so special about 39? That part is a given, it's the playoffs part that is the dealbreaker.

He's gotten lucky and hasn't had a serious injury like a torn tendon in his knee or a broken large bone. Plus there's the push for him to start and might not know the system, (maybe causing more sacks?).

yourfavestoner
08-07-2008, 12:20 AM
are you guys really ignorant enough to believe that eric mangini is going to end favre's consecutive starts record? this board gets dumber by the day, I swear.

08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Do the Jets have any down the field threats? Dustin Keller can attack the seams, sure, but anyone else - David Clowney? At least Jericho Cotchery might get more of a chance to shine like he truly can, now that he has an quarterback who can deliver the ball anywhere on the field.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Coles fill the role as Favre's primary downfield threat.

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Worth it imo. In my mind, quarterback was the area holding the Jets back from really competing with the Bills and Texans for the last wild card spot in the AFC.

Do the Jets have any down the field threats? Dustin Keller can attack the seams, sure, but anyone else - David Clowney?
If I were the Jets I'd bring in Koren Robinson for a work out and see if he can play at all. Favre had a nice connection with him in the short time he was on the team.

derza222
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM

That's pretty much money. Very excited to see what Cotchery is going to be able to do this year, he may make a big step forward.

Basileus777
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
So, where to Mr. Pennington? Minnesota? Chicago? Kansas City?

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Favre will definitely start Week 1. Pennington will have to be released (leaving Favre, Clemens, and Ainge,) and Clemens isn't starting Week 1. I wouldn't worry about that.

So yeah, NE @ NYJ, sick.

I would guess Pennington ends up on a team like Kansas City with a younger starting QB. I could also see Tennessee, Indianapolis, Detroit, or maybe even Atlanta. Just as possible landing grounds.

Xonraider
08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
are you guys really that ignorant to think that eric mangini is going to end favre's consecutive starts record? this board gets dumber by the day, I swear.

Maybe we believe Mangini is going to pick the quarterback that is more ready and knows the offense better. What affiliation does Mangini have with Favre that GUARANTEES you that he IS going to start week 1?

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Maybe we believe Mangini is going to pick the quarterback that is more ready and knows the offense better. What affiliation does Mangini have with Favre that GUARANTEES you that he IS going to start week 1?
I'll GUARENTEE he starts week one. He isn't going to snap the consecutive game streak for one. Two it's against the dolphins, basically a 5th preseason game. Three Favre at 50% is still more than twice as good as a 100% Clemens.

08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
So, where to Mr. Pennington? Minnesota? Chicago? Kansas City?

Minnesota would have to take a very long look at Pennington I'm sure. Now that's a team one QB away from becoming a serious SB contender.

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
I don't think Minnesota gains anything with Penny they don't have with JDB or Frerotte.

As for Favre, as GB said, him knowing a handful of plays is better than Clemens knowing them all.

RaiderNation
08-07-2008, 12:38 AM
I think the Jets with favre will go 10-6 or 11-5 and will be a wild card team. Pennington to Chicago sounds like a good place for him.

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I think the Jets with favre will go 10-6 or 11-5 and will be a wild card team. Pennington to Chicago sounds like a good place for him.
Haha. Him in a game like last season's Packers@Bears with all that wind would be hilarious.

Geo
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Soldier Field will eat Pennington's pass attempts and laugh.

I'd like him as a back-up to Peyton Manning, though. Although I like the addition of Quinn Gray this offseason, and Sorgi was signed to an extension last year (hardly prohibitive though).

I've felt since last year that Minnesota would be perfect for Penny, playing in a dome with their running game.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-07-2008, 12:45 AM

This isn't Madden. If Mangini ruins that consecutive starts record, Favre is gonna act up. We already saw the circus that started in Green Bay.

Basileus777
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
This isn't Madden. If Mangini ruins that consecutive starts record, Favre is gonna act up. We already saw the circus that started in Green Bay.

And you can be sure that the New York and national media will make a huge circus out of it. You don't trade for Brett Favre and not start him immediately.

Crickett
08-07-2008, 12:47 AM

I'd like him as a back-up to Peyton Manning, though. Although I like the addition of Quinn Gray this offseason, and Sorgi was signed to an extension last year (hardly prohibitive though).

I've felt since last year that Minnesota would be perfect for Penny, playing in a dome with their running game.

I thought Chicago at first too, but Geo's right. Both about Soldier Field and Minnesota. Pennington is a game manager perfect for Minnesota's run heavy offense.

Geo
08-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Why wouldn't Mangenius start Favre week 1? He gives the team its best chance to win, now Thomas Jones won't have to run against a stacked box for decreased gain.

Geo
08-07-2008, 01:03 AM
I thought Chicago at first too, but Geo's right. Both about Soldier Field and Minnesota. Pennington is a game manager perfect for Minnesota's run heavy offense.
The one negative to Penny starting in Minny is that, for as much as the Vikings grossly overpaid for Bernard Berrian, additionally his value as a deep threat would be muted a bit. And in similar vein, second-year player Aundrae Allison.

However Sidney Rice would be great for him to have, as a bigger receiver. And he can develop chemistry with veterans Robert Ferguson and Bobby Wade, two players whose use also don't include down the field.

It's too bad the Vikings don't have better talent at tight end, Penny or not, because a young QB like Jackson could use a safety valve and a good tight end could really take advantage of the strong running game they've got going. I don't blame them for drafting Tyrell Johnson in the second round this past April however, he's good and a fit for the defense.

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 01:05 AM

I lawl'd at this.

08-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't think Minnesota gains anything with Penny they don't have with JDB or Frerotte.

Although JDB is quite an NFL-ready QB he is still a rookie and the Vikings could not pass up an opportunity to fill one more piece to their SB puzzle by adding Pennington who I feel is a worthwhile improvement over any other player at his position on the roster imo. Not to mention the dome stadium and stout run game would only help his situation and ease the transition.

yourfavestoner
08-07-2008, 01:08 AM

so you're saying that you think mangini is going to start a guy who hasn't even been able to assert himself over a very average chad pennington. mangini doesn't need to have any ties to favre to not end that consecutive starts record. of all of favres records, that's the one that is the most impressive and gets the most respect for. to end that streak in any way other than favre getting hurt is just asking for a nightmare, from both favre and the media. it'd be idiotic to think otherwise.

GB12
08-07-2008, 01:13 AM
http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/images/T/FarveJerseyGreenBACKsm.jpg
Already being sold on nyjets.com

Xonraider
08-07-2008, 01:21 AM
so you're saying that you think mangini is going to start a guy who hasn't even been able to assert himself over a very average chad pennington. mangini doesn't need to have any ties to favre to not end that consecutive starts record. of all of favres records, that's the one that is the most impressive and gets the most respect for. to end that streak in any way other than favre getting hurt is just asking for a nightmare, from both favre and the media. it'd be idiotic to think otherwise.

What if it simply isn't the best choice for a starting QB? I'm not saying he is not going to start... I'm just saying it'd be stupid to put him in there even he he didn't know the offense or hadn't yet developed timing and chemistry with his new teammates..

Remember he just missed out on most of training camp...

GB12
08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
What if it simply isn't the best choice for a starting QB? I'm not saying he is not going to start... I'm just saying it'd be stupid to put him in there even he he didn't know the offense or hadn't yet developed timing and chemistry with his new teammates..

Remember he just missed out on most of training camp...
Stupid or not it doesn't matter, he's starting week one.

yourfavestoner
08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
update on the compensation per nfl network: if favre plays 60 percent of the snaps it becomes a third rounder. if he plays 70 percent it becomes a second rounder. if he plays 80 percent it becomes a FIRST ROUNDER. wow....

yo123
08-07-2008, 01:26 AM
update on the compensation per nfl network: if favre plays 60 percent of the snaps it becomes a third rounder. if he plays 70 percent it becomes a second rounder. if he plays 80 percent it becomes a FIRST ROUNDER. wow....

The Jets are so stupid.

GB12
08-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Are you sure that's it? All the previous reports have been

3rd - 50%
2nd - 70% and playoffs
1st - 80% and Super Bowl

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-07-2008, 01:27 AM
hahaha.considering his durability I find a first rounder very possible.

Crickett
08-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Are you sure that's it? All the previous reports have been

3rd - 50%
2nd - 70% and playoffs
1st - 80% and Super Bowl

That's what I've heard, including this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809ccdb9&template=with-video&confirm=true

yourfavestoner
08-07-2008, 01:32 AM
you guys are right, I wasn't listening closely enough to the tv.

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Although JDB is quite an NFL-ready QB he is still a rookie and the Vikings could not pass up an opportunity to fill one more piece to their SB puzzle by adding Pennington who I feel is a worthwhile improvement over any other player at his position on the roster imo. Not to mention the dome stadium and stout run game would only help his situation and ease the transition.

But you aren't carrying 4 QBs on that roster. And I doubt they cut JDB (or even put him on a practice squad). Unless they were getting a Favre, I don't think Minnesota pursues him.

I still think you will see a more obscure team get Pennington. He is pretty bad with his noodle of an arm. No team is going to be salivating over this guy.

And maybe it would help his situation, but Pennington is no better than Frerotte or Jackson, honestly.

OzTitan
08-07-2008, 01:52 AM
All I've got to say is, at least he will still be wearing green. A red uni on Favre would have been confusing :P

Bosanac01
08-07-2008, 02:09 AM
All I've got to say is, at least he will still be wearing green. A red uni on Favre would have been confusing :P

I dont think he looks good in a red jersey. Why do you think the falcons gave him away? Green jerseys in GB was the only reason why he was so successful, so that's why i think he'll be good with the Jets. If he went to the Bucs, it would kill his legacy.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 02:34 AM
Good bye, my love!!!

auf Wiedersehen, mein fuhrer.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 02:48 AM
Like a provision that says if they traded him to the vikings they would owe them three first rounders? Yeah, that's what it is. They really didn't want him to be a viking.

thetedginnshow
08-07-2008, 03:24 AM
oh baby OH BABY

Merlin
08-07-2008, 05:46 AM
I dont think he looks good in a red jersey. Why do you think the falcons gave him away? Green jerseys in GB was the only reason why he was so successful, so that's why i think he'll be good with the Jets. If he went to the Bucs, it would kill his legacy.Weren't Atlanta wearing black back then?

As for the Bucs killing his legacy, I think Farve and the Packers have done a pretty good job of that already!?!

Addict
08-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Weren't Atlanta wearing black back then?

As for the Bucs killing his legacy, I think Farve and the Packers have done a pretty good job of that already!?!

he was kidding. the bucs wear red, not green...

Glad this tedious baton death march has it's conclusion.

the_legend_killer
08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Get ready for the "Woo Woo!" Media Train! Sorry guys, but him in New York is only gonna give him MORE coverage....

ATLDirtyBirds
08-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Works for me. Wanted to see him on the Jets so I could watch him play almost every game this season.

Addict
08-07-2008, 06:53 AM
so.... everyone jumps on the NY Jets bandwagon now I guess.

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm not wearing a watch or anything, but how long did this take?

Oh that's right, all GD summer!

Eaglez.Fan
08-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Brett Favre is older than HC Eric Mangini, OC Brian Schottenheimer and QB coach Brian Daboll.

Addict
08-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Brett Favre is older than HC Eric Mangini, OC Brian Schottenheimer and QB coach Brian Daboll.

it would be so much better if the word 'combined' had come at the end of that sentence.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Just watched Sportscenter from 8-9 AM. Roughly 35 minutes of that hour was about Brett Favre.

Addict
08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Just watched Sportscenter from 8-9 AM. Roughly 35 minutes of that hour was about Brett Favre.

wow... I'm surprised they cover anything else at all tbh.

scottyboy
08-07-2008, 08:12 AM
poor Chad. I think he may land somewhere like possibly Baltimore for a year. He's a better vet teacher than Boller for Flacco. He'll end up somewhere though.

And ATL, we're gonna hear non-stop Favre until December. You thought the idiotic and ignorant Giants "fans" in our area went nuts after the Giants won the Super Bowl(and bought Tyree jerseys, even though he might get cut...) just wait. We're gonna hear "Favre is bringin' the Jets to the promised land!!! WOOHOO!

damn, it won't be fun 'round here

Splat
08-07-2008, 08:14 AM
hahaha.considering his durability I find a first rounder very possible.

He is on the cover of Madden he is toast.:)

TimD
08-07-2008, 08:22 AM
This is awesome. I hope Favre does well in NY (of course) and Rodgers does well in GB. Hopefully Brett can help Clemens and Ainge improve. Now where does Chad go? Kansas City?

TimD
08-07-2008, 08:25 AM
And ATL, we're gonna hear non-stop Favre until December. You thought the idiotic and ignorant Giants "fans" in our area went nuts after the Giants won the Super Bowl(and bought Tyree jerseys, even though he might get cut...) just wait. We're gonna hear "Favre is bringin' the Jets to the promised land!!! WOOHOO!

damn, it won't be fun 'round here

lol nah. I think this will be better than the new giants fans. im glad you saw it by you too. i went to a superbowl party and kids were laughing at me cause i was a jets fan. and every kid who said something to me didnt own a giants jersey or know more than half the team. the real fans joked around but werent asses about it.

now with the jets fans ill probably mess around with giants fans but in the long run i know playoffs are a good goal, not superbowl just yet.

Splat
08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Chad Pennington will be a Chief by Monday bet.

T-RICH49
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM

that is exactly what I was thinking when I heard he was going to be released

Eaglez.Fan
08-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I know Adam Schefter said the Chiefs but I was thinking more of the Ravens or Bears. On both teams the QB won't have to win games just not lose them. Chad can do that no problem. And He'd have a chance to start on both teams. And I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are moving forward with Croyle for this year and the future.

Splat
08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I know Adam Schefter said the Chiefs but I was thinking more of the Ravens or Bears. On both teams the QB won't have to win games just not lose them. Chad can do that no problem. And He'd have a chance to start on both teams. And I'm pretty sure the Chiefs are moving forward with Croyle for this year and the future.

Yep he would not start in KC unless Croyle gets hurt but we have nothing behind him so I know Herm will make a run after CP.

T-RICH49
08-07-2008, 08:44 AM

but both Thigpen and Huard are doing nothing in camp so far so if Croyle does down right now not looking good.Pennington would be a solid backup but question is does he want to be a backup

T-RICH49
08-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Yep he would not start in KC unless Croyle gets hurt but we have nothing behind him so I know Herm will make a run after CP.

Why would Herm run after Carl Peterson?? :D :D :D

Splat
08-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Why would Herm run after Carl Peterson?? :D :D :D

To kick him and say "WHY DID YOU TRADE JARED ALLEN"! :)

T-RICH49
08-07-2008, 08:49 AM
To kick him and say "WHY DID YOU TRADE JARED ALLEN"! :)

then I want in on that too :)

princefielder28
08-07-2008, 08:58 AM

Minnesota would be wise to go for him

Splat
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
http://nyj.scout.com/2/776636.html

There is a very good chance Pennington will be a Kansas City Chief sometime today.

Pennington and Kansas City coach Herman Edwards have a strong relationship from their time in New York together.

According to a source close to the Chiefs, the team wants Pennington. So don't be shocked if Pennington is playing in Arrowhead Stadium next year.

TimD
08-07-2008, 09:29 AM

There is a very good chance Pennington will be a Kansas City Chief sometime today.

Pennington and Kansas City coach Herman Edwards have a strong relationship from their time in New York together.

According to a source close to the Chiefs, the team wants Pennington. So don't be shocked if Pennington is playing in Arrowhead Stadium next year.

playing or watching?

drowe
08-07-2008, 09:34 AM
as a packer fan, i'm content for the following reasons:
-i've always kinda liked the jets. don't know why, but i have. i hope Favre brings them success...and not just so we can get a better draft pick.
-i thought the compensation was very fair. i've been stressed about Favre playing somewhere else for so long, i kinda forgot that we got to get something in return. so, in a strange way, that part was a surprise for me.
-the whole thing is finally over.
-as a packer fan, i've always been a little annoyed that Favre represented 90% of our media coverage. i love Favre. always have. always will. but, there's so much more to the Packers than him. and i hope they get their due now.
-i'm also glad he went to an AFC team and he'll likely never play the Packers.

CC.SD
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Chiefs....deal away their best player, get a BUNCH of young talent, and then...acquire a washed up QB instead of giving their QB of the future playing time? Sounds pretty par the course. Wouldn't want their draft picks to be TOO high next year.

Addict
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
-i've always kinda liked the jets. don't know why, but i have. i hope Favre brings them success...and not just so we can get a better draft pick.
-i thought the compensation was very fair. i've been stressed about Favre playing somewhere else for so long, i kinda forgot that we got to get something in return. so, in a strange way, that part was a surprise for me.
-the whole thing is finally over.
-as a packer fan, i've always been a little annoyed that Favre represented 90% of our media coverage. i love Favre. always have. always will. but, there's so much more to the Packers than him. and i hope they get their due now.
-i'm also glad he went to an AFC team and he'll likely never play the Packers.

I never thought of it that way. Good point.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
As long as the media shows those Favre huggers rallying around, I think the avg packer fan will always be in the shadow of the media. The media has a boner for Favre, and thus will show images, and video, of the 100 or so outside the stadium supporting him.

T-RICH49
08-07-2008, 10:07 AM

now surprising and Pennington would be a backup then KC could cut Huard and let Thigpen move to the #3 QB spot

Twiddler
08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
As long as the media shows those Favre huggers rallying around, I think the avg packer fan will always be in the shadow of the media. The media has a boner for Favre, and thus will show images, and video, of the 100 or so outside the stadium supporting him.

Yeah, I think it will stay like that for awhile too. And just because they can't cheer for us to bring back Favre anymore doesn't really mean anything. They'll just hold rallies trying to fire Thompson and McCarthy, oh how I love our fanbase.

LonghornsLegend
08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
LOL you gotta love the part of the deal that says 'The Jets will owe Green Bay 3 1st rd picks if he is traded to Minnesota', lol they covered all ends on that Minny trade.

Either way I think Cotch is going to be a huge playmaker, he's already under rated, and I think that becomes Favre's favorite target.

bigbluedefense
08-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I guess they don't believe in Klemens. I still have Buffalo rated ahead of the Jets, but this makes it closer.

But beware of the Madden curse.

T-RICH49
08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Chiefs....deal away their best player, get a BUNCH of young talent, and then...acquire a washed up QB instead of giving their QB of the future playing time? Sounds pretty par the course. Wouldn't want their draft picks to be TOO high next year.

uhhh if we broght Pennington in it would be as a backup.Herm has stated numerous times that Croyle is his guy and Brodie's had his best camp as a Chief this year

drowe
08-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I think it will stay like that for awhile too. And just because they can't cheer for us to bring back Favre anymore doesn't really mean anything. They'll just hold rallies trying to fire Thompson and McCarthy, oh how I love our fanbase.

well, if the Packers fall on their face this year, i wouldn't blame our fan base for anything. i've never been a Rodgers fan..but, as long as we win, i'm fine with any decision that has been made, regardless of how much i questioned it at the time.

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I guess they don't believe in Klemens. I still have Buffalo rated ahead of the Jets, but this makes it closer.

I forgot about that. You would think this summer would be criteria enough for the madden curse. But I don't see it ending here for Favre this year. A horrible season would top it off.

Flo
08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
So after all of this the Packers are actually better off than they were before Favre decided to come out of retirement.

Splat
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM

The Chiefs have nothing behind Croyle Huard has looked really bad in OTA's and TC there was talk of him getting cut before this even went down.

The only way he starts is if Croyle was to get hurt and with their OL that very well could happen pretty much every team that is starting a young QB has as a vet back him up.

Addict
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM

if the curse brings down Favre, nobody will be able to deny it's existence.

drowe
08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
So after all of this the Packers are actually better off than they were before Favre decided to come out of retirement.

i'm gonna sound like an idiot, but i actually never thought of it this way. the whole thing was such a nightmare, i never imagined saying we were better off than we were a month ago..but, it's true.

Brent
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Every time they showed him getting out of a charter flight, I was always thinking in the back of my head that he was going to fall down those stairs, break something and all of this would have been for nothing and the Madden Curse would live on.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Normally i dont wish bad things on people i have never met before, but i really want to see Favre just flat out fail and fall on his face in NY. You think if he goes out and throws 3 interceptions to the dolphins and loses the game, he will take what is left of his shattered pride and hide out in mississsippi?

princefielder28
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Normally i dont wish bad things on people i have never met before, but i really want to see Favre just flat out fail and fall on his face in NY. You think if he goes out and throws 3 interceptions to the dolphins and loses the game, he will take what is left of his shattered pride and hide out in mississsippi?

thanks for contributing to the conversation

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
thanks for contributing to the conversation

I tried, sorry for not fellating all over him, which seems to be the popular thing to do.

neko4
08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I think this ordeal is a part of the curse

Bigburt63
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
ive read on other websites that people feel the packers will only benefit from the trade if they do well with rodgers, which i dont think is the case. Favre has one, maybe 2, good years left, and i think the packers have enough young talent to be competitive for more years than that. Plus, if they kept facvre they would risk losing Rodgers down the road.

Brent
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I've read on other websites that people feel the packers will only benefit from the trade if they do well with Rodgers, which i don't think is the case. Favre has one, maybe 2, good years left, and i think the packers have enough young talent to be competitive for more years than that. Plus, if they kept Favre they would risk losing Rodgers down the road.
Yeah, I don't see how this isn't anything but beneficial for the Packers. And even if Rodgers doesn't turn out, there is still Brohm on the bench. I mean, here is a guy you just didnt want around the team anymore but now you're getting your wish and a first day pick as consolation for waiting, too.

BufFan71
08-07-2008, 11:21 AM
i still dont think the jets are that good of a team
they are picking up old players, and then get an 38yr old QB

i think the Celtics told the Jets its ok to throw away the future, and pick up all the older players.

Go Bills

http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/all/images/sweep.jpg

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I think this ordeal is a part of the curse

No, I'd classify this as a business situation, with both sides having big EGOS. No one wants to compromise, and so EGO is the main issue. Now finally both sides compromised after all this, but now relationships have been tested and perhaps broken. That's ego, coaches have it, players have it, and if both sides don't know the meaning of compromising, then you get this situation, which could have handled months ago, with the same result.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
label me one person who isn't pumped about this trade. We won't win it all, and giving up a draft pick, regardless of what it is, isn't worth the one season. We won't know what Kellen can do, so we may as well draft another QB, we lose a draft pick, which believe it or not, is something that over the past few seasons that they Jets have done right.
Throw in the fact that Favre will obviously not play to the level of last season, and i blatantly say that we got suckered. I'll try to enjoy this season for what it is, and hope Favre does well, but i really don't think the long term prospects of this will help the Jets at all.
How many 38 year old QBs have won the Superbowl?

Bigburt63
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
The value of the trade certainly changes if Favre plays mroe than just the one season, although the Jets seem to be in win now mode with all of their free agent signings.

drowe
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
i don't understand Jets fans that say anything short of a superbowl would cause this trade to be labeled a failure. yes, that's the goal for all teams, but you have to look at it relatively. the Jets were a bad team last year. and, at best they would've been slightly better this year. you had a good young o-line and a promising young defense. but you had an aging RB, mediocre WRs and a young QB who isn't NFL ready. let a veteran come in, teach the young guy, let the offensive line gel and fill in the holes as needed, and in a couple years, Kellen Clemens will come into a great situation.

and, you have much more reason for optimism this year than you had 24 hours ago.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
label me one person who isn't pumped about this trade. We won't win it all, and giving up a draft pick, regardless of what it is, isn't worth the one season. We won't know what Kellen can do, so we may as well draft another QB, we lose a draft pick, which believe it or not, is something that over the past few seasons that they Jets have done right.
Throw in the fact that Favre will obviously not play to the level of last season, and i blatantly say that we got suckered. I'll try to enjoy this season for what it is, and hope Favre does well, but i really don't think the long term prospects of this will help the Jets at all.
How many 38 year old QBs have won the Superbowl?

Unless he stays longer, it's basically renting a player for a future pick. I'd rather keep the pick, and keep adding to the team. See what you have in Clemons, and develop him. That's what you do with younger players. Sticking a bandaide quick fix for a year, does nothing. Let the kid play and get NFL experience. Evaluate him, and then go from there. Now if Favre is going to stay a while then fine, but if it's a one year renta player, then I don't think it's the best course of action.

bored of education
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Jet Favre Omgzzzzzzz

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/aug08/favre_jets_308.jpg

Addict
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM

i think the Celtics told the Jets its ok to throw away the future, and pick up all the older players.

by that logic, the Jets will win the superbowl.

BufFan71
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM

by that logic, the Jets will win the superbowl.

Because of that logic.... Jets' fans think they are capable of the Superbowl now

johbur
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd love for the Jets to go to the Superbowl. That'd mean a first rounder for GB...

Splat
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
If GB played The Jets in the SB ESPN would have a field day.

Addict
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
If GB played The Jets in the SB ESPN would have a field day.

the Favre Bowl...

Splat
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I can see it now book it.:)

Brent
08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Because of that logic.... Jets' fans think they are capable of the Superbowl now
Yep, and what's funny is that the Jets would be lucky to win the AFC wild card.

GB12
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Not really. Look at their schedule. It's very possible for them to get a Wild Card. I don't think the Jets are top 6 team in the AFC, but I think they have to be a favorite for one of the WCs given that schedule.

Addict
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM

that's the brilliance of it. They'll get their hopes up and then when their dreams come crashing down, theyll cry. Awesome.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Is that any different than Vikings fan thinking they are by getting Jared Allen? lol, Seems like they thought that were superbowl bound when they first got him. I can remember reading that on various sites by their fan base.

d34ng3l021
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Is that any different than Vikings fan thinking they are by getting Jared Allen? lol, Seems like they thought that were superbowl bound when they first got him. I can remember reading that on various sites by their fan base.

Well thats cause they got a top 3 defensive end to go along with their amazing DTs. As a Giants fan, you should know how awesome it is to get pressure on the opposing QB, and with Pat and Kevin Williams from the inside and Jared Allen from the outside, I see that happening. Alot.

Brent
08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Not really. Look at their schedule. It's very possible for them to get a Wild Card. I don't think the Jets are top 6 team in the AFC, but I think they have to be a favorite for one of the WCs given that schedule.
I dont know, they could easily enter their bye week with one win. I think 6 to 9 wins is pretty likely but that's just me.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Well thats cause they got a top 3 defensive end to go along with their amazing DTs. As a Giants fan, you should know how awesome it is to get pressure on the opposing QB, and with Pat and Kevin Williams from the inside and Jared Allen from the outside, I see that happening. Alot.

Yeah but still defense alone can't get you there. You need a good QB, and not sure Jackson will get them there this year. Same with Jets fans. They can argue they went out and spent money on all aspects of the team, and now they are a better team than last season. But my point is too many fans think just because they got better on paper, think it's a green light to expect superbowl.

GB12
08-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I dont know, they could easily enter their bye week with one win. I think 6 to 9 wins is pretty likely but that's just me.
They'd really have to blow it big time to only get 6 wins.

Miami, Oakland, Kansas City, St. Louis, Dever, San Francisco, Miami there's 7 right there that are as close to guarenteed victories as you can get. Then they'll probably at least split with Buffalo, Cincinatti I'd mark down as a W, and Arizona is a worse team than the Jets. That's 10 and then there are still winable games like Tennessee and Seattle.

Not saying that they'll win all those for sure, but it's very possible. I can't see them finishing with less than 8 and my prediction is 10.

Twiddler
08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
They're talking to John Madden right now on ESPN, oh Lord. It might be Frank Caliendo, not really sure.

GB12
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
They're talking to John Madden right now on ESPN, oh Lord.
It's actually Frank Cliendo. Very funny.

Twiddler
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM

Yeah, I just caught that, was watching from a distance and in a half assed manner.

Brent
08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
"Well, the Jets facilities are in 'the country' and not near New York City, so I dont think Brett will have a problem playing there... [shorty after] How will Brett 'the ultimate country boy' Favre adjust to playing in THE BIG APPLE?!"
-ESPN

They actually called him the ultimate country boy... ESPN is now more hilarious than Comedy Central. Also, the worst journalist in Dallas' history, Skip Bayless, thinks the Pack will be lucky to win 6 games. What a douche.

luee
08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
they were deservedly a four win team last year. They look like a marginal play-off team in the 9-10 win area.

d34ng3l021
08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah but still defense alone can't get you there. You need a good QB, and not sure Jackson will get them there this year. Same with Jets fans. They can argue they went out and spent money on all aspects of the team, and now they are a better team than last season. But my point is too many fans think just because they got better on paper, think it's a green light to expect superbowl.

Jackson just needs to handle the offense and not make many turnovers. That offense is run by Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor (no pun intended).

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM

Wow. That skit was so f'n hilarious. Replace the number four with "Favre" instead.

locseti
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
So Chad Pennington is expected to be released, Miami is interested.

CC.SD
08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
So Chad Pennington is expected to be released, Miami is interested.

Why aren't the Bears? What is Lovie's fascination with going deep instead of just playing ball and letting an elite defense do its thing?

bernbabybern820
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Why aren't the Bears? What is Lovie's fascination with going deep instead of just playing ball and letting an elite defense do its thing?

Probably because some of Chad's throws would go backwards if it was a windy day.

The Vikings or Miami would probably be a good place to play for Pennington.

CC.SD
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Probably because some of Chad's throws would go backwards if it was a windy day.

A lot of Rexy's passes go backwards too, but they're usually being carried by the other team.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 03:17 PM

Me too.I don't know what it is about the Jets, but they're sorta dank. I really hope he goes there and tears it up.

LonghornsLegend
08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I like how everyone just assumes they know who is going to the super bowl already, and how some teams have "no chance", its so funny how everybody has all the answers in the off-season, because the super bowl is always won by the team everyone predicted back in August:rolleyes:

Addict
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
so now all the packer/favre fans are jets fans? that's one way to look at it I guess.

Gay Ork Wang
08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
well they could get a First Round Draft Pick...

Addict
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
well they could get a First Round Draft Pick...

either the 31st or the 32nd, since the Jets would have to make the superbowl in order for that to happen.

Besides, there's the Madden curse coming after 'ole Brett, so no way he plays 80% of the snaps.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Unless he stays longer, it's basically renting a player for a future pick. I'd rather keep the pick, and keep adding to the team. See what you have in Clemons, and develop him. That's what you do with younger players. Sticking a bandaide quick fix for a year, does nothing. Let the kid play and get NFL experience. Evaluate him, and then go from there. Now if Favre is going to stay a while then fine, but if it's a one year renta player, then I don't think it's the best course of action.

My thoughts exactly, that is what i was trying to say in my post. Not a fan of the move. I'll take it for what it's worth now that it has happened, and just enjoy the ride of the season. It could be worse, it isn't like dreams are crushed, i just don't see the long-term potential in this move, unless it helps Clemens turn into the type of QB that so many other Favre understudy's have become....

umphrey
08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Jackson just needs to handle the offense and not make many turnovers. That offense is run by Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor (no pun intended).

It won't matter if Jackson can't complete a pass when the defense stacks 8 in the box, and if they constantly stall on 3rd and long. A passing game is really important in the NFL, just look at the premier teams last year.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
I hope that people on here aren't assuming that all Jets fans think we are Superbowl bound now because that would be making a bold assumption. I see a lot of Superbowl bound type comments regarding Jets fans, and for the record, some of us still see clearly and are able to see beyong the bright lights and media frenzy that is Brett Favre

d34ng3l021
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
It won't matter if Jackson can't complete a pass when the defense stacks 8 in the box, and if they constantly stall on 3rd and long. A passing game is really important in the NFL, just look at the premier teams last year.

Adrian Peterson can handle 8 in the box. What do you think defenses did against the Vikings last year? Vikings still finished 15h in points.

I am not asking Jackson to break out or anything. All that will be asked of him is to keep the defenses semi honest. Not even honest. Just somewhat honest. I think with the progression of Sydney Rice, his job should not be too hard.

Gay Ork Wang
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
AP had 144 yards in his last 4 games

Menardo75
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah 8 in the box is 8 in the box there has to be a threat of a passing game to succeed no matter who you are

Dr. Gonzo
08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
AP had 144 yards in his last 4 games

Rookie wall Renji, ROOKIE WALL!

When AD dropped off he had Chester Taylor to pick up the slack. If TJ can develop into a decent QB it will make the jobs of Peterson and Taylor a whole lot easier. Maybe I am a homer but I expect a better year this year from Peterson than last year just because he has been in the league for a full year and should be used to it by now. Add that to the fact that our backups QB's are 100 times better then last year so if TJ sucks which is quite possible we have guys who can come in and not be even worse (I hope). I don't see what is so wrong in saying that if everything goes right, including a great year by TJ, the Vikings have a shot at the superbowl. Every facet of an already great defense has improved from last year and a young offense should should improve. I mean, who the hell thought the Giants would be in the superbowl last year?

PackerLegend
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
So if this is what Favre needs to meet, what happens if he doesnt meet any of those? He gets hurt week 2 and out for the season... does GB get nothing?

3rd - 50%
2nd - 70% and playoffs
1st - 80% and Super Bowl

The Jets will also get a pick back from the Packers if Favre retires after 2008: a 2010 fifth-rounder if the Jets send their 2009 first-round pick, a sixth-rounder if they send a second-round pick, and a seventh-rounder if they send their third-round pick.

yo123
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
So if this is what Favre needs to meet, what happens if he doesnt meet any of those? He gets hurt week 2 and out for the season... does GB get nothing?

3rd - 50%
2nd - 70% and playoffs
1st - 80% and Super Bowl

The Jets will also get a pick back from the Packers if Favre retires after 2008: a 2010 fifth-rounder if the Jets send their 2009 first-round pick, a sixth-rounder if they send a second-round pick, and a seventh-rounder if they send their third-round pick.

they get a 4th if he doesn't play 50%.

scottyboy
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I mean, who the hell thought the Giants would be in the superbowl last year?

I did!!!

no seriously, last September, I called the Giants picking Jeremy Ito with the last pick in the first round.

I kid you not.

Pure knowledge, no homerism at all.

but I seriously did, it ruled

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM

That's easier said then done though. That's like saying if a team scores more points then the opposing team, when the game clock reads 00:00 in the 4th quarter, then they won the game. That's the hard part. Defenses will bring the heat trying to get the Vikings to be 1 dimentional.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Jets couldn't you afford a better backdrop for introducing a HOF QB?

A cement wall, microphone, and couple fold up chairs? Come one.

Go_Eagles77
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Haha I have a ton of friends that are jets fans and they all think they are going to the superbowl.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Their budgets low after all that spending during in free agency..

Go_Eagles77
08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/b_favre_080807_WIDE.jpg

BlindSite
08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
If the Jets make the superbowl with Favre as their QB I'll shave my head into a Mohawk and take pics or all of NFLDC

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Dustin Keller is going to beast this season. Beast.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/qyhm4k.jpg

toddmlazarchick
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
That's easier said then done though. That's like saying if a team scores more points then the opposing team, when the game clock reads 00:00 in the 4th quarter, then they won the game. That's the hard part. Defenses will bring the heat trying to get the Vikings to be 1 dimentional.

Thats how you beat the Vikings. Just like the Redskins did last year. They made AD non-exsistant

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 09:16 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/qyhm4k.jpg

I think Brett is going to end up being a coach. He loves the game to much to quit just because he an't get it done physically, so he will see that the only way around that is to coach, wether he is succesful or not is the question.

neko4
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Usually really technically sound QB's become coaches, but his love of the game could make him one

Geo
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Mangenius looks like he's on Cloud Nine, he's so giddy.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 11:09 PM

Wouldn't you be if you just exchanged a Favre for a Penny?

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
I could see Favre completely blowing too though. Give it an old Montana and Namath try!

JF4
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM

To my knowledge they were stuck with whatever Cleveland gave them for the PC.

locseti
08-08-2008, 01:39 AM
The only good thing about all this Favre coverage is getting to see so much Rachel Nichols. She is so fake and annoying, but very nice to look at.

Bosanac01
08-08-2008, 02:23 AM

and favre looks like an angel, you can tell a load has been taken off.

703SKINS202
08-08-2008, 02:44 AM
The only good thing about all this Favre coverage is getting to see so much Rachel Nichols. She is so fake and annoying, but very nice to look at.

I hate her with a passion.

eaglesfan_45
08-08-2008, 02:47 AM

You need glasses? She reminds me of Toucan Sam.

Bosanac01
08-08-2008, 03:58 AM
replace her with this girl...

http://js.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/ivon_gaete_021.jpg
I hear she knows her stuff, good enough for me. I can follow a boring story all season as long as she's reporting it.

BlindSite
08-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Rachel Nichols is good enough.

Brent
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Rachel Nichols is not pretty.
Fixed it for you.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Haha I have a ton of friends that are jets fans and they all think they are going to the superbowl.

tell your friends they are idiots. We are battling for the 6th playoff spot as far as i'm concerned, but lets not joke around, there is next to no chance we make the Superbowl.

Gay Ork Wang
08-08-2008, 10:42 AM
if the jets make it to the SB with Favre on the bench, do the packers still get a first rounder?

Bigburt63
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
if the jets make it to the SB with Favre on the bench, do the packers still get a first rounder?

He has to play at least 80% of the snaps with a superbowl berth to make the pick a first rounder, i believe.

TheBuffaloBills
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
He has to play at least 80% of the snaps with a superbowl berth to make the pick a first rounder, i believe.

That is correct

derza222
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
First of all, I'd like to second The Great Jonathan Vilma and say that not all Jets fans are blinded by the media attention and think we're going to the Super Bowl. It's exciting because there's certainly more optimism about this coming season than there was before the deal, but I don't think any realistic Jets fans expect to be Super Bowl bound. The playoffs would be nice, and I'm thinking somewhere from the 8-8 to 10-6 range is realistic based on our incredibly favorable schedule as someone went through.

Another interesting aspect to this trade for the Jets beyond making them better is the financial one. This will not only help with jersey and ticket sales, but should deflect some attention from and convince more people to purchase PSL's, which would have become a lot more of a hot button issue and gotten a lot more attention had this trade not happened IMO.

Bosanac01
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Rachel Nichols is not good enough.

Fixed it for you.

Thanx Brent

CC.SD
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Favre demands trade to 1996 Packers.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/brett_favre_demands_trade_to_1996

locseti
08-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Rachel Nichols haters, do not forget the days of Suzy Kolber! Maybe its her red hair, I dig redheads.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Favre demands trade to 1996 Packers.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/brett_favre_demands_trade_to_1996

I remember reading that last offseason. And I think it happened. How else can a team go from 4-12 with a terrible QB to 12-4(?) with an awesome one, while the QBs were the same people? It's too fishy to me. Plus, Brett is only like 30 now, or less, I dunno, so no wonder he wants to come back.

GB12
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Rachel Nichols haters, do not forget the days of Suzy Kolber! Maybe its her red hair, I dig redheads.
Something that I recently noticed about Rachel Nichols is that it looks like she tries really hard to avoid talking with a speech impediment.

PackerLegend
08-08-2008, 04:05 PM
The Bucs offer.... glad hes a Jet... better offer.

The Bucs reportedly offered Green Bay their fourth-round pick in 2010 and Chris Simms for Brett Favre before Favre was ultimately sent to the Jets.

Green Bay only would've gotten the pick if Favre played in Tampa for two years, so it's pretty clear why the Packers passed. The Jets' offer blew the Bucs' out of the water. Green Bay could still end up with Simms if he's cut.

Go_Eagles77
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
The bucs could've basically got him for free, because he'll probably retire next year (actually who knows), plus it's no secret Chris Simms probably won't be around too much longer.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Further solidifying the stupidness of the Jets offer.

I know it is irrelevant, but the fact that a 1st round pick is even in the discussion just bugs me.

Xonraider
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
replace her with this girl...

http://js.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/ivon_gaete_021.jpg
I hear she knows her stuff, good enough for me. I can follow a boring story all season as long as she's reporting it.

who... is... that...

my God...
She's..

wow....

Where does she work?

Xonraider
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM

I know it is irrelevant, but the fact that a 1st round pick is even in the discussion just bugs me.

Wouldn't you ''trade'' a super bowl for the 32nd overall pick?

princefielder28
08-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Are you serious??? A 1st round pick isn't worth something that you haven't had in 40 years??? HAHA! Hilarious

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-08-2008, 07:09 PM
obviously a Superbowl is worth a 1st, but you going beyond what i said, and you even quoted me. I simply said that the trade looks even stupider considering what the main competition offered. The fact that a 1st is involved in any capacity is something that i don't like. I'd say leaving it at a 2nd if they make the playoffs regardless of where they finish, is more than enough for taking Favre off the Packers hands given the situation and their desire to end it (as well as the Bucs offer, and the fact that he's a 1 year rental).

But if you want to laugh and go further than anything i said, feel free.

TitleTown088
08-08-2008, 07:12 PM
The bucs could've basically got him for free.

http://sf.startupweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/o_rly.jpg

The Bucs reportedly offered Green Bay their fourth-round pick in 2010 and Chris Simms for Brett Favre before Favre was ultimately sent to the Jets.
Green Bay only would've gotten the pick if Favre played in Tampa for two years, so it's pretty clear why the Packers passed. The Jets' offer blew the Bucs' out of the water. Green Bay could still end up with Simms if he's cut.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

GB12
08-08-2008, 07:14 PM

I seriously doubt we were even considering that offer from Tampa. We wouldn't have traded Brett Favre for Chris Simms. That's just stupid. The Jets offered us a good enough deal that we could do it right away and not have to go into further discussion with the Bucs.

Bosanac01
08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
who... is... that...

my God...
She's..

wow....

Where does she work?

Her name is Ivon Gaete, she is a spanish reporter. I think she is Venezuelan...

also check out Ines Sainz, she's Mexican

http://blog.unikati.eu/index.php/2008/07/10/ines-sainz-sportna-reporterka/

http://blog.unikati.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ines_sainz_ass.jpg

08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Her name is Ivon Gaete, she is a spanish reporter. I think she is Venezuelan...

also check out Ines Sainz, i think she's Brazilian or something

http://blog.unikati.eu/index.php/2008/07/10/ines-sainz-sportna-reporterka/

http://blog.unikati.eu/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ines_sainz_ass.jpg

Ines Sainz is a Mexican sports reporter for TV Azteca.