PDA

View Full Version : Which Team is better?

RaiderNation
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Me and my friend are in the same Fantasy Football league and we both think that both teams are good. What team do you think is better though? I picked 6th and he picked 2nd.

My team
QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Steven Jackson
RB Frank Gore
WR/RB Laurence Maroney
WR Torry Holt
WR Marvin Harrison
TE Kellen Winslow
D/ST NYG Giants
K Adam Vinatieri

Bench
WR Donald Driver
RB Ahman Green
QB David Garrard
WR Reggie Brown
RB Tatum Bell
D/ST Steelers
TE Zach Miller

Friend
QB Tony Romo
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Willie Parker
WR/RB Edgerrin James
WR Roy Williams
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Chris Cooley
D/ST Cowboys
K Nick Folk

Bench
WR Hines Ward
TE Benjamin Watson
QB Vince Young
WR Vincent Jackson
D/ST Jaguars
WR Ronald Curry
WR Amani Toomer

yo123
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Your team is better. Steven Jackson at #6 is a steal. How many teams are in this league? How did you get Gore and Jackson?

RaiderNation
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Your team is better. Steven Jackson at #6 is a steal. How many teams are in this league? How did you get Gore and Jackson?

theres 10. its go 1-10 then next round 10-1

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=299113

my team is Team Rowe. His is Team *

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Your team, for one simple reason, HE HAS 0 RB DEPTH. But honestly, both of your teams are pretty weak for a ten team league (in terms of depth). Both of you may get hit hard.

Crickett
08-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Your team, for one simple reason, HE HAS 0 RB DEPTH. But honestly, both of your teams are pretty weak for a ten team league (in terms of depth). Both of you may get hit hard.

Sure he does. The third RB position is RB/WR so he can slide Edge into RB and WR into the RB/WR position.

djp
08-07-2008, 01:25 AM
I don't like either of your teams, the other kids because he has no backup RB's and I don't like yours because of Holt and Harrison. Driver is nice to have on the bench.

Bets that your friend doesn't make the playoffs.

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Sure he does. The third RB position is RB/WR so he can slide Edge into RB and WR into the RB/WR position.

He really doesn't. Despite the flex, I'm going to assume this league is not PPR. So, 95% of the time, plugging a RB in your flex is going to prove MUCH more useful than a WR. I imagine the guy will be playing Edge over Parker anyway, in most cases, so it appears to be moot. If one RB of his gets hurt, then another has a bye, he's doubly screwed. It was a bad draft on his part.

CJSchneider
08-07-2008, 05:24 AM
I voted for your team for the same reason JBond said, RB depth.

RaiderNation
08-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't like yours because of Holt.

Holt had 93 REC 1189 Yards 7 Tds last season on a bad team. Rams have improved and with Bulger healthy I think Holt will have another good season.

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Honestly, Holt is giving some pretty good value this year

Crickett
08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Honestly, Holt is giving some pretty good value this year

But he's so overrated. :p

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
But he's so overrated. :p

Not for Fantasy Football. You really aren't going to get a guaranteed 1100, 7 TDs from anyone else in middle of round 3.

Who is getting taken after him? Boldin, Welker, Burress, Roy Williams, Holmes.

I can see going Boldin over him, but that is even a risk. Knowing what production you are getting from Holt is VERY nice to have at the WR position.

yo123
08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Not for Fantasy Football. You really aren't going to get a guaranteed 1100, 7 TDs from anyone else in middle of round 3.

Who is getting taken after him? Boldin, Welker, Burress, Roy Williams, Holmes.

I can see going Boldin over him, but that is even a risk. Knowing what production you are getting from Holt is VERY nice to have at the WR position.

Burress is basically a guranteed 1000 and 7. The worst year he has had with the Giants is 988 yards and 10 touchdowns, and he missed a game that year.

Shane P. Hallam
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Burress is basically a guranteed 1000 and 7. The worst year he has had with the Giants is 988 yards and 10 touchdowns, and he missed a game that year.

Taking a look at the past five years, Holt's worst year was 7 TDs. He always has at least 1100 yards no matter the QB, coach, system, etc. On the Steelers, Burress didn't quite get those TDs, and his first year on the Giants he had his 7 TDs.

I could see people taking Burress over Holt. But for me in redraft, I'll take the guy whose worst year the past five was 1,189 with 7 TDs, and best was 1,696 and 12 TDs. Now, without Isaac Bruce, I think Holt will increase last year's numbers.

Rob S
08-11-2008, 03:05 AM
I dont love Holt or hate him.....he is falling somewhat unjustly in a ton of leagues tho. Plax is a TD machine tho.....I may take him over Holt. Its close imo. Plax is a big more of a gamble, but the upside, specifically TD potential, with him is tremendous.

princefielder28
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Both teams are shaky and have players who are boom or bust, but your players are the lesser of two evils