PDA

View Full Version : Lito Wants Out

brat316
08-07-2008, 02:53 AM
http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080806/SPORTS02/80806040/1015

Responding to remarks made Tuesday by team owner Jeffrey Lurie, who cited an obscure statistic to describe an area where Sheppard needed improvement, the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback suggested the team was nitpicking to find fault in him and that he'd be better off playing elsewhere.

"I think it'll be a lot better if it was for somebody else," said Sheppard, who's expected to start at left cornerback against Pittsburgh in the preseason opener Friday night at Heinz Field in place of injured Asante Samuel.

Lurie's remarks apparently struck a nerve.

In his annual state-of-the-franchise press conference, when asked about Westbrook's desire for more money, the owner said he had no problem redoing a contract when a player outperforms his current deal.

When asked if Sheppard had outperformed his deal, Lurie said he's "not even going to address that," but added that he hoped Sheppard would register "…certainly a lower YPA [yards-per-attempt] and just really perform the way we know Lito can."

Lurie doesn't even talk to players about contracts, what an idiot opening his mouth. I thought things finally calmed down,

Who would Lito be traded to?

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Hopefully someone who is willing to part with a day 1 draft pick and a young WR.

The Falcons could be of intrest, very little CB talent and lots of young WR not to mention a Rd.2 pick from them is probably going to be a top-40 selection.

Personally I like Reggie Williams of the Jaguars and Micheal Clayton of the Buccaneers.

But this really sucks.

I expect that some team will lose a top CB to injury in the pre-season and will be desperate and give the Eagles the best value.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-07-2008, 03:17 AM
The Falcons could be of intrest, no DB talent and lots of young WR not to mention a Rd.2 pick from them is probably going to be a top-40 selection.
Chris Houston,Jimmy Williams, and Thomas Decoud are all pretty talented.

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Chris Houston,Jimmy Williams, and Thomas Decoud are all pretty talented.

Jimmy Williams isn't on the Falcons anymore ;)

Houston and DeCoud? Houston maybe a #2 or #3 CB at best. DeCoud is a good safety, wanted him as an Eagle. I should edit that to CB talent.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Hopefully someone who is willing to part with a day 1 draft pick and a young WR.

The Falcons could be of intrest, very little CB talent and lots of young WR not to mention a Rd.2 pick from them is probably going to be a top-40 selection.

Personally I like Reggie Williams of the Jaguars and Micheal Clayton of the Buccaneers.

But this really sucks.

I expect that some team will lose a top CB to injury in the pre-season and will be desperate and give the Eagles the best value.

I am not a fan of either Reggie Williams or Michael Clayton, but if Atlanta is being mentioned, how about Roddy White? You think they would part with him?

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I am not a fan of either Reggie Williams or Michael Clayton, but if Atlanta is being mentioned, how about Roddy White? You think they would part with him?

No way in hell they part with Roddy White, that guy is a superstar in the making.

brat316
08-07-2008, 02:55 PM
The Eagles were suppose to get Roddy White that year, but the Falcons took him and we ended up with Brown.

Who needs a pure cover corner, the Pats....

DiG
08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
id love to have me some lito in DC.

bsaza2358
08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
There is absolutely no way that the Eagles will move Lito within the division.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Never will he go to DC, or any NFC East team for that matter. Draft picks are one thing, but players will not be traded within the division.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
No way in hell they part with Roddy White, that guy is a superstar in the making.

Just a question dude, you don't have to get all up in my grill:D. I think if we offered Lito and a second, we could get him possibly, but there are toher options I would want the Eagles to explore IF this option would present itself. (Which I doubt)

bsaza2358
08-08-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't think the Eagles are looking to trade Lito at all right now. If he was going elsewhere, it already would have happened. Lito, Sheldon, and Asante are the first 3 CB's for the Eagles in 2008-2009. Period.

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Exactly, the only way I see him leaving is if there is an offer that is just waaay out of the ballpark in the Eagles favor.