PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual NFLDC Preseason Rankings: #17

CJSchneider
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Houston was up, or down, by 5 so I figured that was decisive enough.
Here is what we have so far.

32. Atlanta Falcons
31. Miami Dolphins
30. San Francisco 49ers
29. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Detroit Lions
27. Oakland Raiders
26. Denver Broncos
25. St. Louis Rams
24. Baltimore Ravens
23. New York Jets
22. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals
20. Carolina Panthers
19. Arizona Cardinals
18. Houston Texans

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
ok, now that the poll is up....

I was really tempted to go with the Bucs but I think they have proven more and are a more experienced team than the Bills. So I went with Beefalo finally

CJSchneider
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Children, for the second time...it posts the thread, then you make the poll.

yo123
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
This is where it starts getting tough, but I'll go with the Bills.

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I know I said in the last one of these that I would have the Titans before the Bills but I've thought about it some more and I really think the Bills should go here.

VY had a bad season last year statistically but still pulled out wins when needed and I think I'd take him over Edwards. I like what the Bills have in Lynch but the Titans actually have several backs who add up to more than what the Bills have imo. The lines are close, I think the Titans is pretty underrated. The Bills win at WR just because the Titans have nobody out there, but that didn't really seem to hurt them too badly last year....

And on defense I think I like the Titans overall a little more. I said above that this one came down between the Bucs and the Bills to me honestly.

Just my thoughts...

MetSox17
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Went with the Titans.

Xonraider
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Wow... 4th annual preseason rankings... and I just realized...

I've been a part in all 4 of them.

Rob S
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
titans.....pretty damn close, but I gotta represent for my boys.

Rob S
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
redskins should get more votes tho imo.....not feeling them with that division.

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 07:14 PM
redskins should get more votes tho imo.....not feeling them with that division.

well remember, with power rankings, its not "who will do better in their division" or "who will be better for the future" but which of these teams is the best/worst as things stand right now.

And I think the Redskins have the potential to still be a somewhat strong team, better than the Bills, Titans or Bucs perhaps.....

brat316
08-07-2008, 07:18 PM
wiat change my vote to the Bills

Rob S
08-07-2008, 07:28 PM
well remember, with power rankings, its not "who will do better in their division" or "who will be better for the future" but which of these teams is the best/worst as things stand right now.

And I think the Redskins have the potential to still be a somewhat strong team, better than the Bills, Titans or Bucs perhaps.....

yeah thats true.....i suppose they are the better team, but I could see them finishing with a worse record. So they still belong higher....fair enough.

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
yeah thats true.....i suppose they are the better team, but I could see them finishing with a worse record. So they still belong higher....fair enough.

right, thats just how I look at it at least. I'd personally have the Redskins ahead of the Bills, Titans and Bucs still, even if their tough division means they have a worse record when all is said and done.

ALD
08-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Went with the titans, they have a better oline than the bills but it's close, bills though are a lot better at every skill position on O outside of QB. Also I think the Titans D is going to take a step back as I just don't see Fat Albert playing with the same intensity now that he's not in a contract year. Although i really like the Titans potential I don't think this is their year.

OzTitan
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Actually, Albert is in a contract year - a 1 year franchise tag is effectively a contract year.

ALD
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Actually, Albert is in a contract year - a 1 year franchise tag is effectively a contract year.

I thought they were working out a long term deal with him? If not then Tennessee's D should be just as filthy.

OzTitan
08-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Well, they've come this far, may as well see how well he plays this season before any serious negotiations. The deal can't be signed until after week 17 anyway so how he plays will determine his deal, or his value should he hit free agency, so it is very much a contract year really.

It's hard to tell what really motivates AH but also consider that in his time off during suspension and from then on out, he has put a lot of energy into refining technique. He uses his hands much better now and while a big deal may cool him down, I think he genuinely wants to be the best DT in the NFL. I think he always kinda did, he just was being outclassed technique wise a lot and it got into his head.

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Seahawks have to be the choice IMO I just don't see a whole lot to be excited about.

Matt Hasslebeck has 0 weapons to throw to. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram are average at best. John Carlson a rookie is the starting TE.

Julius Jones and TJ Duckett aren't what I would want in my backfield.

The Defense is good and solid but un-spectacular.

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see them in the top-10 in the draft.

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Seahawks have to be the choice IMO I just don't see a whole lot to be excited about.

Matt Hasslebeck has 0 weapons to throw to. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram are average at best. John Carlson a rookie is the starting TE.

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see them in the top-10 in the draft.

I agree, they definitely took a step back this season, but it was expected after the release of Shaun Alexander. There wasn't a back out there that was capable of handling all the carries, so they went with their only option. They are a team that is overrated right now, but they still have the division by a mile if you ask me.

They aren't the choice right now though, Buffalo got my vote.

yo123
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree, they definitely took a step back this season, but it was expected after the release of Shaun Alexander. There wasn't a back out there that was capable of handling all the carries, so they went with their only option. They are a team that is overrated right now, but they still have the division by a mile if you ask me.

As mediocre as Julius Jones is, he is better than what Shaun Alexander has become.

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
As mediocre as Julius Jones is, he is better than what Shaun Alexander has become.

hence the fact that he isn't on an NFL team atm......

I think the Seahawks are still a little ways off. I'd put them ahead of Beefalo, Tennessee and TB at least without thinking to much into it.

eaglesfan_45
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM

They're just as bad as the Bears offense if you ask me. And like the Bears they have a good defense and a terrible offense.

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I for one, hope that Shaun Alexander has a great season this year.

A team has to want him in the first place obviously, but someone will blow out their knee, right?

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
They're just as bad as the Bears offense if you ask me. And like the Bears they have a good defense and a terrible offense.

whoaaa....Matt Hasselbeck > Bears offense. Plus the Seahawks defense isn't really that bad.....

Like I said, they're a few teams away imo

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 09:36 PM

I wouldn't go that far.

I would rather have Duckett, Morris and Jones than Matt Forte and Kevin Jones. And when your 3rd/4th wide receiver is your biggest playmaker, that's when you should recognize that you have some issues on offense to work out.

If I'm Jerrey Angelo or the Halas family, and Lovie Smith doesn't reach at least 7-9 this season, then I'm letting him go.

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

I would rather have Duckett, Morris and Jones than Matt Forte and Kevin Jones. And when your 3rd/4th wide receiver is your biggest playmaker, that's when you should recognize that you have some issues on offense to work out.

If I'm Jerrey Angelo or the Halas family, and Lovie Smith doesn't reach at least 7-9 this season, then I'm letting him go.

Its not Lovie's fault.....JA find the talent on D and Lovie has made it click. Any coach stuck trying to play Rexy for multiple seasons is doomed to fail.

He's only 1 season removed from a SB at this point and will be given a little more leeway before he would lose his job. As long as he keeps the defense strong (and health last year really limited that) he's doing what he does best. The offense needs sorted out though....I'm surprised Ron Turner got to stick around this offseason and they tried to help out the offense by adding Williams, Forte and Bennett but ugh....Williams is already hurt and theres not too much else on the offense to be excited about.

MetSox17
08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey CJ, if the Bills win, don't make a #16. Slot the Titans right after and start at #15. Might seem like common sense, but just thought i'd remind you.

princefielder28
08-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Tennessee all the way

MaxV
08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Looks like Bills are winning (or losing) this one in a runaway.

I don't think Bills are the worst on this list. I voted for the Bucs.

OzTitan
08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey CJ, if the Bills win, don't make a #16. Slot the Titans right after and start at #15. Might seem like common sense, but just thought i'd remind you.
Yeah, that does appear to be the case so it makes sense. Likewise the other way around too.

I have some faith restored in this place with the fact the Texans were chosen before the Titans, if only just barely. Being ranked last amongst playoffs teams last year was expected though so it's cool :P

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, that does appear to be the case so it makes sense. Likewise the other way around too.

I have some faith restored in this place with the fact the Texans were chosen before the Titans, if only just barely. Being ranked last amongst playoffs teams last year was expected though so it's cool :P

If it were completely up to me I'd put the Buccaneers before them. I think I'd take VY over Garcia, the Titans collection of backs over the Bucs, and the Titans o-line over the Bucs. I think the case can be made for the defenses to balance out as well......

just my opinion though

BufFan71
08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Bills > Titans

Bengalsrocket
08-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I'ma vote Browns out of hatred from here until they get picked :( someone stop me so I can have a valuable vote!

Gay Ork Wang
08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
can we move the bears down the ranking?

Bigburt63
08-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Bills, they are improving but still not playoff caliber IMO, and even if they do manage a WC berth, one and done from there

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I voted for the Titans, but it was real close between the Bills. I think Lynch is what put them just ahead for me, but VY is just a winner, so it was real tough.

Eaglez.Fan
08-08-2008, 10:28 AM
nvm....................

SuperMcGee
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't mind the Bills going here, it seems right. We come in as the 8th ranked team in the AFC, but at least we have ten games against teams ranked worse than us here (9 of them against teams in the bottom 10), with home games against Cleveland and Seattle hardly being impossibilities.

MetSox17
08-08-2008, 02:11 PM
So can we close this thread and start #15?

BeerBaron
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
So can we close this thread and start #15?

I would say so, just need CJ to call it.

17 = Bills
16 = Titans

Then we can get on with the next

keylime_5
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM

are you kidding, Seattle is gonna win their division running away. They have more pass rush than any team in the NFC with Kerney, Tapp, and now Jackson at DE and one of the top 2 or 3 LB units in the NFL with Leroy Hill, Lofa Tatupu, and Julian Peterson. They got really hot last year before the playoffs and won a bunch of games in a row. With Julius Jones they'll have a running game this year and I can guarantee they win between 10 and 13 games.

CJSchneider
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I would say so, just need CJ to call it.

17 = Bills
16 = Titans

Then we can get on with the next

I'm going to do it right now. I had thought about doing it, but I didn't know if there would be a "you skipped one" back-lash.