PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals vs. Saints

fenikz
08-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I figured since it's going to be on ESPN we might as well have a thread to talk about it.

BlindSite
08-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I wants to see me sum shockey.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Players i am looking forward to seeing: Adrian Arrington, Matt Leinhart, Sed Ellis, DRC, and Robert Meachem. Hopefully they all play.

MetSox17
08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I wanna see Meachem play. Just kinda fell off the face of the earth after being drafted. I wanna see how DRC does as well.

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Jeremy Shockey, Tracy Porter, Mike McKenzie, Deuce McAllister, Jonathan Vilma, Brian Young, Hollis Thomas are not playing. I don't think Colston is either

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Jeremy Shockey, Tracy Porter, Mike McKenzie, Deuce McAllister, Jonathan Vilma, Brian Young, Hollis Thomas are not playing. I don't think Colston is either

Colston & Josh Bullocks are both out as well.

I'm so hyped for a preseason game. It's sad.

BeerBaron
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I wanna see Meachem play. Just kinda fell off the face of the earth after being drafted. I wanna see how DRC does as well.

I've heard claims from legit sources that it was due to chronic injury and I've also heard claims from legit sources that he was too dumb to learn the playbook. I'm tending to believe the latter a little more but who knows......

I'm at work and they actually have it up on the one of the big screen TV's. No sound but I can see whats happening at least....

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Colston & Josh Bullocks are both out as well.

I'm so hyped for a preseason game. It's sad.

lol. I have my saints gear on, walking around the house shouting who dat!

cunningham06
08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
I've heard claims from legit sources that it was due to chronic injury and I've also heard claims from legit sources that he was too dumb to learn the playbook. I'm tending to believe the latter a little more but who knows......

I'm at work and they actually have it up on the one of the big screen TV's. No sound but I can see whats happening at least....

What I heard is that he showed up to training camp pretty overweight last year, so he didn't make too much of an impact.

litlharsh
08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
So I'm watching this game on 3 TV the place with more stuff and telling my little cousin I'm stealing my neighbor's cable.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Ed Hochuli needs to be tested for doping. That old man must swell twice daily, he's one jacked referee and he keeps getting bigger every year.

Crickett
08-07-2008, 07:17 PM
We haven't mentioned Brett Favre yet.

You just did.

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Drew Brees. I want to sex you.

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
looked effortless. brees is the man

brat316
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I wanna see how Rolle does at FS.

brat316
08-07-2008, 07:23 PM
that was a good throw by Leinart good catch as well

brat316
08-07-2008, 07:25 PM
And AZ line still sucks

brat316
08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Damn Reggie is destroying AZ

cunningham06
08-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I can't wait to see Calais Campbell.

locseti
08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I just saw on the ticker that if the Jets traded Favre to Minny, they give up three first round picks. Totally worth it for the Vikings to give up 3 first rounders and a second to get him.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 08:09 PM
I just saw on the ticker that if the Jets traded Favre to Minny, they give up three first round picks. Totally worth it for the Vikings to give up 3 first rounders and a second to get him.

I think I read that it's actually for Minn, bears, and Detroit.

litlharsh
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
woah meachem what a catch

Primetime21
08-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Dam Pierre Thomas impresses me every time I watch him.

brat316
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM

AHHAHAH...yeah the packers are only going to get a 3rd round pick maybe 2nd I don't see the jets making the playoffs.

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
woah meachem what a catch

Damn right. Pls blv.

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Meachem looking good.

brat316
08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
where is C. Campbell?

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Dam Pierre Thomas impresses me every time I watch him.

Not bad for a fourth string running back.

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Meachem looking good.

I have big expectations for him this season.

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I have big expectations for him this season.

Same here. I think in time, Meachem will be even better than Colston because of that extra gear he has. Assuming he continues to improve.

ALD
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I loved Meachum coming out, hope he can make an impact this year, Payton would jizz himself with Shockey, Colston, Reggie and an effective Meachum to play with as his primary weapons.

Xonraider
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
where is C. Campbell?

93 in the Cardinals... I saw him make a tackle for loss but other than that not much...

SaintsMan
08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I loved Meachum coming out, hope he can make an impact this year, Payton would jizz himself with Shockey, Colston, Reggie and an effective Meachum to play with as his primary weapons.

Not to mention a healthy Deuce McAllister, David Patten and Pierre Thomas. And Adrian Arrington is looking really good.

I'm really excited to see what the Offense can do this season.

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Same here. I think in time, Meachem will be even better than Colston because of that extra gear he has. Assuming he continues to improve.

I don't know if I'd go THAT far.

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
ESPN is all over DRC, which is deserving for what he has accomplished.

He layed out Dan Campbell earlier, looking good so far.

Flyboy
08-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Mark Campbell.

StrongSide97
08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Mark Campbell.

I do what I want

Geo
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Saints fans, confirm something for me. Did the first team offense run one single three-wide or shotgun formation play? I don't think they did, it was all two-tight end sets the whole time that I can recall.

It's one thing to be coy and protective about the playbook, but I think Payton went too cute and got it wrong again.

Bruce
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Saints fans, confirm something for me. Did the first team offense run one single three-wide or shotgun formation play? I don't think they did, it was all two-tight end sets the whole time that I can recall.

It's one thing to be coy and protective about the playbook, but I think Payton went too cute and got it wrong again.A TD on the opening drive is wrong?

Staubach12
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I missed the game, who looked good? Who looked bad?

Bruce
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I missed the game, who looked good? Who looked bad?Meachem finally showed up.

DanteXavier
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I missed the game, who looked good? Who looked bad?

Ali Highsmith led the Cardinals in tackles and had a forced fumble. Orien Harris led the Saints in tackles and had a sack. Robert Meachem really showed up. All of the QB's did ok in the game(Leinart, Brunell and Brees were especially efficient) save for Anthony Morelli for the Cards.

Bush didn't do much at all.

umphrey
08-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Ali Highsmith led the Cardinals in tackles and had a forced fumble. Orien Harris led the Saints in tackles and had a sack. Robert Meachem really showed up. All of the QB's did ok in the game(Leinart, Brunell and Brees were especially efficient) save for Anthony Morelli for the Cards.

Watching the game I'd say Bush looked a lot better than Meachem. Bush showed some great speed and quickness and broke a few tackles while Meachem made routine catches against a defense that looked awful. Inspiring for Meachem, but he has to bring it to the next level (1st string defense).

SaintsMan
08-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Saints vs. Cards highlights with both of the Meachem catches.

(NFLN) http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809d6aa8

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809d6aa8

soybean
08-08-2008, 01:31 AM

what are you talking about? he had 2 long runs that were called back on holding calls. hardly his fault. plus his o-line collapsed for the most part before he got anything to work with. it's not like stecker's numbers were godly compared to.

locseti
08-08-2008, 01:33 AM
I liked what I saw from Tim Hightower. I would of cut Arrington instead of Marcel Shipp.

fenikz
08-08-2008, 01:52 AM
I liked what I saw from Tim Hightower. I would of cut Arrington instead of Marcel Shipp.

Cutting Shipp saved us more money and they were the same type of back, but anyone is better than JJ, i don't know why he wasn't cut after his rookie season

Hightower looks much faster than i thought he would be

wicket
08-08-2008, 05:11 AM
I just love maechem looking this good, if we would have a good target for brees opposite bush with the dynamic options shockey and bush bring to the field. As said of nlfta we could line up in a normal 2 receiver set and make it a four wideout set with the same guys on the field, the offence would be sick. Just keep it coming Maechem. For those guys who thought he just took regulation catches, look again at the catch he took at the 3 of 4 yardline, that one was a great one.

Flyboy
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Our run blocking makes me want to stab people in the face. Start Carl Nicks at LG plz.

kkthxbi

Bruce
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Our run blocking makes me want to stab people in the face. Start Carl Nicks at RT plz.

Fixed. BTW, Arrington had a great catch too.

LonghornsLegend
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Watching the game I'd say Bush looked a lot better than Meachem. Bush showed some great speed and quickness and broke a few tackles while Meachem made routine catches against a defense that looked awful. Inspiring for Meachem, but he has to bring it to the next level (1st string defense).

Bush looked alot better then Meachem? Ok dude...Bush did nothing substantial, hes he showed some speed and quickness but he shows that every game he plays in, that doesn't mean he looked anywhere near as good as Meachem...So what it wasn't starters, he still made an incredible over the head catch that has nothing to do with the defense, and he showed some run after the catch ability which is good for a guy whose knees were bothering him last year.

It wasn't even close, Bush looked pedestrian, nobody is saying Meachem is a pro bowler now, but he its comical that you call his catches "routine", like Bush did something special or out of the ordinary.

bored of education
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
this game did not deserve its own thread fenikz :D

Menardo75
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Hope Meachem plays like that in the regular season then add in Shockey might have something going

ALD
08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Not to mention a healthy Deuce McAllister, David Patten and Pierre Thomas. And Adrian Arrington is looking really good.

I'm really excited to see what the Offense can do this season.

I liked Adrian Arrington more than Super Mario, but Reece seemed to think Mario wouldn't bust so now I'm just hoping both can succeed.

SaintsMan
08-09-2008, 03:33 PM
This highlight shows really good angles on the Meachem catches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSJlx9CEpGQ

I liked Adrian Arrington more than Super Mario, but Reece seemed to think Mario wouldn't bust so now I'm just hoping both can succeed.

I think they'll both be very good.

Sniper
08-10-2008, 09:23 AM

Both are awesome. If you throw a pass anywhere near Arrington, he'll catch it. He's got amazing body control, very good hands and very good athleticism.

bigbluedefense
08-10-2008, 10:37 AM
How was Reggie Bush's 3 YPC impressive?

he better step it up and soon. i never thought he'd be this bad. i didn't think he'd be the greatest thing on earth, but i didn't think he'd suck either. let's call a spade a spade, at this point in time Reggie Bush sucks.

Sniper
08-10-2008, 11:06 AM
How was Reggie Bush's 3 YPC impressive?

he better step it up and soon. i never thought he'd be this bad. i didn't think he'd be the greatest thing on earth, but i didn't think he'd suck either. let's call a spade a spade, at this point in time Reggie Bush sucks.

He had a couple very nice runs negated by holding calls. I don't know if the runs were due to the holding, but he had something like an 18 yarder and then a 12.

Chill man, it's pre-season.

bigbluedefense
08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
He had a couple very nice runs negated by holding calls. I don't know if the runs were due to the holding, but he had something like an 18 yarder and then a 12.

Chill man, it's pre-season.

true, i am over exaggerating since its just preseason. but still, this is year 3. come on already.

and i don't care if he went for 50 yards on each run. holding is holding. they don't count.

SaintsMan
08-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Saints do have one of the worst run blocking O-lines in the NFL. I saw no dancing or hesitation from Bush, the holes were just not there.