PDA

View Full Version : Hater in the house

Splat
08-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Adam Teicher not a fan of Bobby Sippio or his fans.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/119

T-RICH49
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
I put Teicher in the Whitlock category of guys who need a new line of work

vidae
08-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't completely agree with him but I don't completely disagree either.

I think Sippio can be a good player but I don't think he'll see the field much during the season. He played well in the game against the Bears but he did play against 3rd/4th string dbs.

I don't know. He's got great hands and is a big guy but he's not very fast and he's not very young.

T-RICH49
08-09-2008, 10:38 PM
who cares if Sippio played against 3rd/4th stringers?his job was to come in and produce when called on and he did just that so no reason IMO to hold the fact it was against backups

vidae
08-10-2008, 01:52 AM
It does matter who he played against. If the coaching staff felt he could do that against top competition, he would have been out there with the first and second stringers. He wasn't.

I like the guy, I was pulling for him, but Franklin and Webb looked really good in that first preseason game, not to mention Maurice Price who made that insanely athletic catch.

I don't see how he'd fit into this rotation.

LonghornsLegend
08-10-2008, 02:01 AM
I don't get why the guys basically writing him off because he's not fast, so what? There are countless WR's in the NFL making a living on teams who are not fast, Patrick Crayton is a good example.

I saw alot of Sippio in the AFL so I know why he has so many fans, the guy is a gamer, he runs good routes, has great hands, I don't know if he can make it or not, but its somewhat silly for this editor to assume there is no shot already and writing him off, if that was the case we would of never still had Sam Hurd or Miles Austin on our team.

T-RICH49
08-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I don't get why the guys basically writing him off because he's not fast, so what? There are countless WR's in the NFL making a living on teams who are not fast, Patrick Crayton is a good example.

I saw alot of Sippio in the AFL so I know why he has so many fans, the guy is a gamer, he runs good routes, has great hands, I don't know if he can make it or not, but its somewhat silly for this editor to assume there is no shot already and writing him off, if that was the case we would of never still had Sam Hurd or Miles Austin on our team.

THANK YOU!look at Samie Parker.great speed but can't catch a cold.give me a good route runner with good hands over speed anyday

vidae
08-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I'm saying that right now where would he fit in? You want Sippio to be a 2nd string WR? 3rd? Right now it looks like Bowe is the clear #1 (obviously), with Darling/Webb penciled in at #2 and Franklin being #3 slot man. Where would Sippio fit into that?

And, we already have a "decently" fast receiver with good hands. His name is Dwayne Bowe.

I'm not saying I don't think he should make the team, not at all. I just don't see where he'd fit. It looks like he's 5th on the depth chart (according to the announcers) so it'll be hard for him to work up to a starting (top 3) job at this point.

T-RICH49
08-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I guess I'm just saying it bugs me that some say a guy only looked good because he was facing backups.that's not giving enough credit to the player for playing well IMO

Splat
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Sippio was playing vs back ups but lets not forget he was playing with back ups as well it works both ways.

I do think he is a long shot to make the team but he does have a chance I believe the Chiefs will keep 5 WR with 4 all ready locked up its going to be Price or Sip.

T-RICH49
08-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Bob Gretz comes to the defense of Sippio

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/in-defense-of-bobby-sippio.html

vidae
08-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Great story. I liked it.

T-RICH49
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Great story. I liked it.

one of the few Gretz articles I liked

villagewarrior
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
I just don't see how Sippio makes the squad. Numbers. And frankly, I don't think he's as good as the Franklins and Prices of the Chiefs world. That's not to say that he should be discredited for catching TDs against lesser opponents. He doesn't choose who he plays against, but it's his job to do the best he can no matter who lines up across from him. So kudos to him for that.

BPhilb
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I just don't see how Sippio makes the squad. Numbers. And frankly, I don't think he's as good as the Franklins and Prices of the Chiefs world. That's not to say that he should be discredited for catching TDs against lesser opponents. He doesn't choose who he plays against, but it's his job to do the best he can no matter who lines up across from him. So kudos to him for that.

I agree, and frankly if we were going the vetren route I would rather take a chance on Koren Robinson who could be an actual number 2 reciever as opposed to Sippio who will probably be a 4 at best. I hope he catches on somewhere this season, but I don't see him in our plans either ecspecially the way Price has played in the 2 preseason games.

vidae
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM

I agree completely. I said a few posts ago that it doesn't look like he's got a spot to stick at. Franklin and Price have been pretty impressive this preseason so I look for them to be 3/4 guys. Sippio, right now, is looking at 5th at best. :/

I do like Sippio, but our WR corp is more talented than it's been in a long time.

Splat
08-20-2008, 07:16 PM
I like Sip but Price is out playing him if I had to pick one right now it would be Price no question.