PDA

View Full Version : What is exactly a Keeper FF League?

Xonraider
08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I've heard the keeper league term a lot and I've been invited to a couple but as much as I ask I never get a clear answer. Anyone mind clearing this up for me?

djp
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Basically, you have an entry draft with the idea that you can keep players from year to year.

This usually makes rookies go a tad higher in drafts.

There are different types of keepers, where you can either keep 1-3 players without penalty, or keep players with penalty.

For instance, I drafted Tony Romo in the 8th round of our entry draft last year. If I want to keep him, I have a 2 round penalty, aka, I give up my 6th round pick.

Another league, I drafted Adrian Peterson last year and each team gets one keeper. I chose Peterson. No penalty, I just start the next year with Peterson on my team to start the draft.

KCJ58
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
basically you get to keep a couple of players from your team (depending on the league) and you keep players to the next year

Xonraider
08-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Basically, you have an entry draft with the idea that you can keep players from year to year.

This usually makes rookies go a tad higher in drafts.

There are different types of keepers, where you can either keep 1-3 players without penalty, or keep players with penalty.

For instance, I drafted Tony Romo in the 8th round of our entry draft last year. If I want to keep him, I have a 2 round penalty, aka, I give up my 6th round pick.

Another league, I drafted Adrian Peterson last year and each team gets one keeper. I chose Peterson. No penalty, I just start the next year with Peterson on my team to start the draft.

basically you get to keep a couple of players from your team (depending on the league) and you keep players to the next year

Alright thanks guys...

One more thing, if a new player (or more) wished to enter the league would he be able to freely? What if one wanted to leave?

djp
08-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Alright thanks guys...

One more thing, if a new player (or more) wished to enter the league would he be able to freely? What if one wanted to leave?

If one player left the league, he simply takes over the previous owner's team from before. He would be able to keep the players within the league rules on his team.

That's how we do it.

LonghornsLegend
08-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Usually when someone takes over he picks a team, then chooses his keepers from that team before the draft...Some leagues just have a set number of keepers whether it be small like 2, or large like 5, and the draft starts like normal, some are like DJP discussed with owners picking and not picking in certain rounds.

I prefer dynasties where you have huge rosters and keep everyone yearly with just rookie drafts in between, takes more time and effort but its more rewarding and enjoyable for me at least.

CJSchneider
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM
what sites offer a dynasty leauge?

Gay Ork Wang
08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I believe ESPN does

KCJ58
08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
does NFL.com?

Dam8610
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I've heard the keeper league term a lot and I've been invited to a couple but as much as I ask I never get a clear answer. Anyone mind clearing this up for me?

You have a regular FF draft, then you have the season, but, after the season, you keep the league together, and you choose a predesignated number (usually 2-4) players that you drafted onto your team the previous year to "keep" on your team the next year. How the next draft works varies from league to league.

CJSchneider
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
If someone starts a dynasty leauge, I'm in.

LonghornsLegend
08-09-2008, 06:34 PM
what sites offer a dynasty leauge?

Flea Flicker is a great setup, I am part of two dynasties run through that site, very user friendly and easy to set up...Its best if you can get a group of guys committed and that will manage their team years down the line...Puts more emphasis in drafting guys like Tim Hightower and Jalen Parmele and waiting for them to turn into studs.