etk
08-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Apparently no one. lol.

draftguru151
08-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Well it was a rather boring game.

eaglesfan_45
08-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Bill Parcells is running the Dolphins so I wouldn't be expecting anything exciting anytime soon.

thebow305
08-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Well it was a rather boring game.

Agreed. The defense looked very good at times towards the beginning of the first quarter. Then the Bucs just kept nickel & diming us all the way down the field on EVERY possession. It was almost painful to watch.

Beck looked terrible.

Did Ginn even play? I didnt see him out there?

BeerBaron
08-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Agreed. The defense looked very good at times towards the beginning of the first quarter. Then the Bucs just kept nickel & diming us all the way down the field on EVERY possession. It was almost painful to watch.

Beck looked terrible.

Did Ginn even play? I didnt see him out there?

Josh McCown is thanking every god in the books for that... (sorry, a topic title like woooooooooo attracts my attention, lol)

draftguru151
08-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Yea I think Ginn had the one catch on the sideline, fairly sure he didn't play special teams though. I'll write some more tomorrow but just some initial thoughts, Langford and Merling did well (Merling is a lot bigger than I was expecting/realized), Roth looked good at LB, Anderson and Torbor did well, OL still has a lot of work to do, Beck was bleh, Henne threw some really nice passes.

jnew76
08-10-2008, 12:06 AM
My favorite player in the draft was Jalen Parmele and I am curious as to how he looked? Does it lok like he will make the team? I know I have read that his pass protection needs work like most rookies... but other than that how was he?

etk
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
For Miami:

-Ricky Williams is god. I forgot how gifted he was.
-Jake Long is going to be no different from Joe Thomas as a rookie. Near Pro Bowl caliber and ROY candidate.
-Your receivers blow, sorry. Davone Bess deserves more touches IMO (hope he makes the squad).
-Parcells did a weird job with arranging the front 7, but it looks pretty good. A bunch of no names but they held up the line very well. Not sure if it's because our backup linemen suck or because Miami actually has some good tough players backing up the DL and LBers. We also have no deep threats so it made the game pretty easy for your DBs, so they all looked good
-Your backup offensive linemen just might be worse than ours. Just like Miami's backup DL/LBs are unimpressive, ours have absolutely no speed, and yet guys like Wilkerson and Bennett burned your OTs.