PDA

View Full Version : All Sleeper Fantasy Team

Ryan Leaf
08-10-2008, 09:45 AM
QB- Jay Cutler Denver Broncos- Cutler struggled with diabetes last year which I would say is a reasonable explanation for his mediocre season. He has it under control and is ready for a breakout season.

Projected stats- 3200 yards passing 24 Tds 11 interceptions
Other Considerations- David Garrard JAX, Jason Campbell WASH, Matt Shaub HOU

RB- Willie Parker Steelers- Severely undervalued in most drafts Parker is said to have goal line duties this season. Hears hoping he can return to his 16 TD form and make for some serious value in round 4.

Projected Stats- 1000 rushing yards 150 receiving yards 10 total touchdowns.

RB- Chester Taylor Minnesota Vikings- Something tells me Adrian Peterson can't stay healthy for the entire season. With that offensive line and Chester Taylor's proven production he will be ready when Peterson goes down. If Peterson is able to stay healthy it is due to Childress effectively spelling Peterson with Taylor.

Projected Stats- 1200 rushing yards 200 receiving yards 6 total touchdowns.
Other Candidates-Ladell Betts WASH

WR- Calvin Johnson Detroit Lions- Looking downright unstoppable thus far in the pre season Johnson should be the number one receiver by mid season. I am expecting some huge numbers if he can stay healthy.

Projected Stats- 80 catches 1300 yards 12 touchdowns

WR Robert Meachem New Orleans Saints- Looks to be fully recovered from knee surgery and will be ready to showcase the talent that made him a first round selection.

Projected Stats- 75 catches 1000 yards 7 touchdowns

WR Vincent Jackson San Diego Chargers- This time last year Jackson was a trendy sleeper pick but ended up disappointing his owners with a lackluster season. The playoffs showed us a new Vincent Jackson, if that is the Vincent Jackson we are going to get than look out.

Projected Stats 70 catches 1200 yards 10 touchdowns
Other Candidates- Troy Williamson JAX, Santana Moss WASH, Ted Ginn JR MIA

TE Marcades Lewis Jacksonville Jaguars- The 2006 first rounder finally starting showing his potential in the playoff game against New England before leaving the game with a knee injury. He is recovering nicely and will be ready for training camp. With the emergence of David Garrard Lewis could be a top ten tight end in 08.

Projected Stats- 40 catches 600 yards 5 touchdowns
Other Candidates- Greg Olson CHI, Zack Miller OAK

DEF Indianapolis Colts- With Dwight Freeney healthy this defense is one of the most productive in fantasy football.

K Mike Nugent New York Jets- The offense has improved so he can start living up to his potential.
Other Candidates- Kris Brown HOU

yo123
08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
If Brandon Marshall is on your bust team how do you think Cutler is going to put up those numbers this year?

Ryan Leaf
08-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Marshall is one receiver. I still think he can accumulate 5- 7 tds but won't live up to his draft stock.

Gay Ork Wang
08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
seriously though, who else does Cutler have besides Scheffler

yo123
08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Marshall is one receiver. I still think he can accumulate 5- 7 tds but won't live up to his draft stock.

He is their only good receiver.

CJSchneider
08-10-2008, 07:19 PM
WR Robert Meachem New Orleans Saints- Looks to be fully recovered from knee surgery and will be ready to showcase the talent that made him a first round selection.

That would be sweet!

dcarey20
08-11-2008, 03:19 PM
QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Chester Taylor
WR - Kevin Walter
WR - Ted Ginn Jr.
TE - L.J. Smith

Shane P. Hallam
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
QB- Jay Cutler Denver Broncos- Cutler struggled with diabetes last year which I would say is a reasonable explanation for his mediocre season. He has it under control and is ready for a breakout season.

Projected stats- 3200 yards passing 24 Tds 11 interceptions
Other Considerations- David Garrard JAX, Jason Campbell WASH, Matt Shaub HOU

RB- Willie Parker Steelers- Severely undervalued in most drafts Parker is said to have goal line duties this season. Hears hoping he can return to his 16 TD form and make for some serious value in round 4.

Projected Stats- 1000 rushing yards 150 receiving yards 10 total touchdowns.

RB- Chester Taylor Minnesota Vikings- Something tells me Adrian Peterson can't stay healthy for the entire season. With that offensive line and Chester Taylor's proven production he will be ready when Peterson goes down. If Peterson is able to stay healthy it is due to Childress effectively spelling Peterson with Taylor.

Projected Stats- 1200 rushing yards 200 receiving yards 6 total touchdowns.
Other Candidates-Ladell Betts WASH

WR- Calvin Johnson Detroit Lions- Looking downright unstoppable thus far in the pre season Johnson should be the number one receiver by mid season. I am expecting some huge numbers if he can stay healthy.

Projected Stats- 80 catches 1300 yards 12 touchdowns

WR Vincent Jackson San Diego Chargers- This time last year Jackson was a trendy sleeper pick but ended up disappointing his owners with a lackluster season. The playoffs showed us a new Vincent Jackson, if that is the Vincent Jackson we are going to get than look out.

Projected Stats 70 catches 1200 yards 10 touchdowns
Other Candidates- Troy Williamson JAX, Santana Moss WASH, Ted Ginn JR MIA

TE Marcades Lewis Jacksonville Jaguars- The 2006 first rounder finally starting showing his potential in the playoff game against New England before leaving the game with a knee injury. He is recovering nicely and will be ready for training camp. With the emergence of David Garrard Lewis could be a top ten tight end in 08.

Projected Stats- 40 catches 600 yards 5 touchdowns
Other Candidates- Greg Olson CHI, Zack Miller OAK

DEF Indianapolis Colts- With Dwight Freeney healthy this defense is one of the most productive in fantasy football.

K Mike Nugent New York Jets- The offense has improved so he can start living up to his potential.
Other Candidates- Kris Brown HOU

Your bust team, I felt ya there. This team, not so much.

As for Cutler, Denver has almost always been a running team under Shanny. Even when Elway was there, he never was outstanding, Cutler is no more than a fantasy back-up.

Willie Parker, if you are following, NEEDS to share carries. He is getting worn out. If you watched Mendenhall in the preseason game, you know Parker will not get the ball in the red zone, best case. Worst case it is 50/50.

I feel ya on Chester, but I don't know if he is a guy you can have on your bench for 10 Weeks before you can use him.

Calvin is in no way a sleeper. He is on most people's radars.

Meachem I had on my list before the preseason game. Now he is on everyone's radar.

Lewis is a common sleeper, though no reason to go after a TE sleeper when there are 12 of them that are solid starters. Jackson, I think you are forgetting Chambers is there, and Buster Davis should step up.

bored of education
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
SAMMIE PARKER and BENNY SAPP!