PDA

View Full Version : All Bust Fantasy Team

Ryan Leaf
08-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Draft these guys and they shall disappoint (I think).

QB- Matt Hasselbeck- Last year he was my sleeper QB and he had a great season, but this year I don't see it out of this team. They have lost some key components in the passing game ( Branch and Hackett) and have gotten older on offense. Age will finally catch up with the Seahawks.

RB- Frank Gore SF 49ers- Enormous talent but this offense will hold him back. Not worth a first round pick in my opinion.

RB- Jamal Lewis- I may regret this but I do not think Lewis has another good year in him. He has a lot of wear and tear and I am uneasy about the Brown's this season. I do not trust Derek Anderson, and without a reliable QB this offense could struggle.

WR- Brandon Marshall- Legal issues and injuries are clouding his enormous potential.

WR- Wes Welker- Most over rated player in the league.

WR- Chris Chambers- Year after year people are high on Chris Chambers year after year he disappoints. Easy pick here

NOTE: I considered Greg Jennings here. I think his high TD total was a bit of a fluke given his low reception count. I still love his upside but am uneasy about the QB change.

TE- Antonio Gates- Top TE in the league? I think not. Especially given where you will have to pick him, his injury concerns, and the injury concerns of his QB. If you really want to take a TE in round 4 go Jason Witten, stay clear of Gates.

K- Mason Crosby- I find the top kicker one year disappoints owners who take him early the next year.

DEF- Green Bay- Overall I think the Green Bay team is over rated. The defense is thin in the secondary and will be exposed this year.

Gay Ork Wang
08-10-2008, 09:54 AM
why is welker the most overrated player in the league?
Gates is the best TE in the league

fischbowl
08-10-2008, 10:40 AM
dont you owe someone money?

Ryan Leaf
08-10-2008, 11:04 AM
why is welker the most overrated player in the league?
Gates is the best TE in the league

Welker is not as good as his numbers indicate. He is a product of that offense. Teams will catch on to him this season.

LonghornsLegend
08-10-2008, 12:57 PM
That's a terrible list, the only guy who is a good bust candidate is Gore, some of those guys are exactly the opposite, and are as consistent as they come...Welker had Brady throwing him the ball thats self explanatory why he won't be a bust, and even if he is a product of the offense as you say, he is still in the exact same offense as last year...As long as Moss is there he will rack up receptions.

Chambers has been as consistent as they come, every single year, he was good in Mia with no QB, he's even better now...Marshall has no injury concerns, and Hass is about as concsistent as you can get at QB so he makes no sense being on this list at all.

Gay Ork Wang
08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Welker is not as good as his numbers indicate. He is a product of that offense. Teams will catch on to him this season.
Every WR is a product of the system...