PDA

View Full Version : Video worth watching...

psupride1131
08-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Here's a video of my friend Tim Keyser, and I was wondering what the professional opinion would be on this site. Here are his attributes and stats:

Tim Keyser, #25
Rising Senior graduates 2009
5'11", 180 lbs
4.5 speed, officially timed

Junior year stats in AAA Pennsylvania football:
116 attempts, 1277 yards, 11.0 avg, 15 tds
42 receptions, 791 yards, 18.8 avg, 6 tds

First team all-state PA as a junior

Helped carry team all the way to state finals, eventually falling to Thomas Jefferson and a massive Lucas Nix

And by the way, the first play is in the AAA semi-finals vs. Lampeter, and the score is tied 20-20 with 1:17 left to play, coming off a fumble recovery by Garnet Valley, and it is 3rd and 5

So here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_9oh-LjhcI

Turtlepower
08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
He might do well in Paul Johnson's triple option offense.

psupride1131
08-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Whose offense does Paul Johnson run?

We run the Navy triple and midline veer option at our high school and he does quite well in it.

The high level D-1AA schools that are recruiting him want him as a slot reciever, and army who offered him would probably keep him at tailback.

He looks pretty skinny in those videos, he was like 160 during the season last year but now he's up to 180, repping 225 about 8 times. He also has a 35 inch vertical leap. Its a shame, because its so tough to go D-1A when you're a white runningback.

Turtlepower
08-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Whose offense does Paul Johnson run?

We run the Navy triple and midline veer option at our high school and he does quite well in it.

The high level D-1AA schools that are recruiting him want him as a slot reciever, and army who offered him would probably keep him at tailback.

He looks pretty skinny in those videos, he was like 160 during the season last year but now he's up to 180, repping 225 about 8 times. He also has a 35 inch vertical leap. Its a shame, because its so tough to go D-1A when you're a white runningback.

Paul Johnson used to be the HC/OC at Navy, but is now at Georgia Tech.

NDfootball
08-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I think that guy would be a great 1-AA back. Very good speed, I think size would be an issue in a BCS school. I think he would be a solid player in a MAC/CAA type of school as a running back.

jared
08-10-2008, 10:03 PM

Why am I not in the least bit surprised? All I had to do was look at his name and I already knew his only 1A offers would be from service academies. If he wants to be anything more than a slot receiver, he shouldn't even waste his time trying to market himself to teams out on the east coast.

Colorado State, Stanford, Utah and BYU (and of course Air Force) are the only other teams I could envision being interested in him.

And he's not too small. Take a look at the RB lists at Rivals or Scout. There are plenty of RBs and APB prospects sporting 3 or 4 star rankings that are the same listed size and a lot that are smaller. He's too small in the same way Danny Woodhead was too small for Nebraska but 5'6" Cory Ross was not.