PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual NFLDC Fantasy Football

Pages : [1] 2

Geo
08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I've been wavering if we should bring this back, we had some owners stop paying attention last year, but we'll just replace anyone who isn't willing to commit this year. If any spots open up, we'll notify interested posters who are looking to join in.

Returning owners
Charm City Byrdgang
Draftguru
Geo
Scotty D
Steelers4Life
Unseen

New owners
bored of education
CJSchneider
GB12
HinesWardJr
LonghornsLegend
Xiomera

Big items

1. The Draft is currently scheduled for Thursday, August 28th, 9:15 PM Eastern/6:15 PM Pacific. If that isn't good for you, please speak up and we'll see if we can't work it out.

2. Draft order is based on last year's finish, no worries. Although it will still be a snaking draft, unless you guys want to have a regular draft like the NFL that keeps the worst teams picking first every round. I can edit the picks to do that, I believe, and wouldn't mind that being the case at all.

3. The deadline to select three 2008 keepers is Wednesday, August 27th, 5:00PM ET.

4. Trading of players and also draft picks is allowed.

Side notes

1. Congrats to last year's champ, me! :D Be prepared for a dynasty, chums.

2. Draftguru won the consolation bracket, his prize is to have his pick of where he wants to be in the draft order. Just be sure to notify me before the draft, dg.

Scotty D
08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm interested in returning.

The Unseen
08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm interested also.

Second place represent! You only beat me by six points Geo, so...uh...watch out!

Geo
08-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Second place and teal go together like peanut butter and jelly, please believe.

GB12
08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
If a spot opens up I'll do it this year.

comahan
08-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Im already in more leagues than I can probably keep up with. So count me out.

CJSchneider
08-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I want to, but I'll be unavailable at the time of the draft.

UKfan
08-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd like to get in on it if you need more

S4L
08-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm definitely in.

LonghornsLegend
08-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Would love to pick up an open spot if one becomes available.

The Unseen
08-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Second place and teal go together like peanut butter and jelly, please believe.

totally fell for that one.

diabsoule
08-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I guess I'll continue doing this.

Dr. Gonzo
08-10-2008, 08:39 PM
EDIT: Double post. You can delete both these posts.

Dr. Gonzo
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
EDIT: Disregard this post I just looked at the time of the draft. Sorry.

Xiomera
08-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I am interested. My reputation preceeds me.

Geo
08-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear you're out, Commie. You're leaving a new owner very fortunate with your keeper players.

And on that note, thanks for the interest, everyone. Definitely noted as we sort this out.

bored of education
08-11-2008, 11:01 AM
If you need someone reliable let me know. Thanks

Hines
08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I will like to join if it is ok with you. But if you do let me join, you will have to change the draft time.

CJSchneider
08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Not to be redundant, but I'd love to get in, if the time could be pushed back an hour or two.

ccB
08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I'll return.

Geo
08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for all the input, everyone. I think the "waiting list" may exceed the number of owners who haven't responded yet, so we'll see what happens.

I wanted to PM you CCB, but your inbox was full. Glad you still found the thread.

MetSox17
08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
If there's an extra slot, i'd like to be considered.

oldLibid21
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
If there's an extra slot, I'd also like to be considered. I stay active in all my leagues, and I'm only joining 4 to definitely keep track of all of them.

draftguru151
08-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Yea I'll be in it. I'll let you know about where I want to pick later on.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry I'm out.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-16-2008, 03:05 AM
Sorry fellas but I gotta bow out this season, too much ******** goin on to get into fantasy this year.

Geo
08-16-2008, 11:17 AM
1. ESPN has provided a much more flexible array of times for the Draft, and I selected a little later time of 1pm ET. I hope that works for everyone, please give a notice if it does or doesn't.

The Draft is now scheduled for Sunday, August 31st, 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific.

2. Thanks for the notice from last year's owners. So this leaves five open spots for new owners. I suppose the fair thing to do would be to contact those who said they were interested first, other than having some kind of raffle or something.

3. New and old owners, be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules of the league.

Geo
08-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I've checked the rules and even confirmed with ESPN fantasy officials, the best thing to do is have our new owners take over the rosters from those existing owners not coming back.

Otherwise, all those players from those specific teams will enter the Draft pool ... but only from the 4th round on. And that's not fair to the new owners.

Also in the interest of fairness, I placed names and teams in two hats, and drew them to randomly assign who gets which. The results are as follows:

CJSchneider- ERU's roster
GB12- Windy's roster
Longhorns- njx's roster
UKFan- SeanTaylorRIP's roster
Xio- Comahan's roster

League invites have now been emailed, once new owners join I can delete the previous owners.

The league's page (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=26751)

LonghornsLegend
08-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm all joined, so do I pick 3 keepers off of the roster I was given?

GB12
08-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I joined.

Keepers:

Andre Johnson
Terrell Owens
Marshawn Lynch

Geo
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
That's right, LL.

Trading of players and draft picks is allowed, before the keeper deadline (Wednesday, August 27th), btw.

LonghornsLegend
08-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Xio is a lucky man, aside from getting AD in another league he gets to run with Westy and AD, should be fun.

Ill take:
Big Ben
Reggie Bush
Chad Johnson

UKfan
08-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Joined as well

Keepers:
Jeremy Shockey
Torry Holt
Laveraneus Coles

Geo
08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Feel free to change your team names, guys.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow, I am a lucky man.

My keepers shall be:

Adrian Peterson (MIN)
Brian Westbrook (PHI)
Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I know I was not a league member last year, so maybe this is intended, but does anyone else have a problem with the fact that 20 of the top 22 players in projected point totals are QB's?

Jon Kitna shouldn't be more valuable than Joe Addai or Randy Moss should he?

GB12
08-17-2008, 01:54 PM
I know I was not a league member last year, so maybe this is intended, but does anyone else have a problem with the fact that 20 of the top 22 players in projected point totals are QB's?

Jon Kitna shouldn't be more valuable than Joe Addai or Randy Moss should he?
No, that's how it usually is. QBs score the most fantasy points, it doesn't make them more valuable though.

Scotty D
08-17-2008, 02:19 PM
August 31st is the day I move into college. If we could move it to another day that'd be great. If not I can prerank.

Geo
08-17-2008, 02:43 PM
It doesn't matter if Kitna scores more than Addai or Moss, because Kitna still scores as he would among any and all quarterbacks just as Addai scores as he would among any and all runningbacks. And every team starts a quarterback, two runningbacks, etcetera. It's all relative.

But to answer your question, if the majority of owners want something changed, then it will be changed.

Geo
08-17-2008, 02:49 PM
August 31st is the day I move into college. If we could move it to another day that'd be great. If not I can prerank.
Hmm, would Saturday the 30th be good for you Scotty?

I have my draft for my money league that late Saturday afternoon, but I suppose I could do both if ours is earlier in the day around the same time as we have now.

The Unseen
08-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Saturday is possibly better for me, although both Saturday and Sunday could be problems. I'm not fretting, though, I haven't really paid attention to fantasy projections and I have 3 keepers anyways.

Geo
08-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Alright, good to know.

How does Saturday, August 30th, 12:30 PM ET sound for everyone?

(Fantasy draft and college football, yay.)

The Unseen
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh, btw, my keepers are

Carson Palmer
Marion Barber
Randy Moss

EDIT: Sounds groovy.

Scotty D
08-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Saturday would be fine.

S4L
08-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I'd hate to make the time more inconvenient for others, but could we do it Saturday night instead? I already have concrete plans for the early afternoon.

If not, I can prerank.

Geo
08-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but as I touched on earlier, I have a Draft scheduled (for some time) for 5 PM Pacifc that Saturday.

Hmm, what if we moved it up to an earlier time? Say 11 AM ET?

I know some people just loathe waking up early on the weekends, but for myself I'll be up with no problems. Don't forget, we'll shoot through the first three rounds because those are automatic keepers, basically the Draft is 11 rounds and I doubt we use all 90 seconds for each alloted pick. We'll get through this in two hours imo.

CJSchneider
08-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Just confirming I'm in and that I do talk alot of smack, even when I'm down.
My keepers are:

Romo
LT
Eli Manning

LonghornsLegend
08-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Prett sure either time is fine for me, I'm able to get on early if need be, I think my last live draft is taking place this evening, so I should have all my leagues wrapped up by that time.

CJSchneider
08-17-2008, 04:00 PM
I also changed the team name and logo. We Are now

http://www.nefaria.co.uk/images/DW102920-Beast-Within-Drum-.jpg

The Beasts

GB12
08-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but as I touched on earlier, I have a Draft scheduled (for some time) for 5 PM Pacifc that Saturday.

Hmm, what if we moved it up to an earlier time? Say 11 AM ET?

I know some people just loathe waking up early on the weekends, but for myself I'll be up with no problems. Don't forget, we'll shoot through the first three rounds because those are automatic keepers, basically the Draft is 11 rounds and I doubt we use all 90 seconds for each alloted pick. We'll get through this in two hours imo.
Saturday morning does not work for me. Is there a reason behind you suggesting early times? If so fine, but in my experince later times work best. Like 11 PM EST works great most of the time. That'd be my vote, but anything not Saturday morning I could try to be there for.

UKfan
08-17-2008, 04:55 PM
11PM EST and I would have to drop out or pre rank. I realise I am the minority, but your morning times work great here.

Geo
08-17-2008, 05:03 PM
I only mentioned an earlier time because S4L said he had something already planned for that afternoon.

Hmm, okay here's an idea: how about something around Friday afternoon/evening? Say around 7:00 PM ET. I think I'm the only poster in this league living on the west coast, but that time works for me, and I think we can get the Draft done in time for everyone to still enjoy their Friday evenings and the whole weekend.

Everyone please tell me if you like Friday, August 29th, 7:00 PM ET for our Draft time.

UKfan
08-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Not overly, but I could live with it.

S4L
08-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Everyone please tell me if you like Friday, August 29th, 7:00 PM ET for our Draft time.

I'm afraid that time won't work for me.

But please, don't feel obligated to schedule around me. I'll be more than happy to pre-rank, and if I don't like my roster, I can make some trades.

Geo
08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm bummed to hear that, pal. I don't mind going through all this to make sure we get the right time so that everyone can participate.

Think you'll have any flexibility on Saturday? If we start at 12:00 PM ET, you'll be out the door by 2:10, I'm sure of it. Push comes to shove, maybe you miss the last few rounds and you can put up a little wishlist for the CPU to use the rest of the way.

draftguru151
08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
We could try to get a draft going on here ASAP and if need be do the last few rounds that weekend.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM

That does not work for me at all. Sorry.

I would be just fine with DG's idea to hold the draft on NFLDC beginning now.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:13 PM
It doesn't matter if Kitna scores more than Addai or Moss, because Kitna still scores as he would among any and all quarterbacks just as Addai scores as he would among any and all runningbacks. And every team starts a quarterback, two runningbacks, etcetera. It's all relative.

But to answer your question, if the majority of owners want something changed, then it will be changed.

I have never been in a league with these type settings, so its hardly the norm. I just don't understand why we want these insanely high scoring QB's. At least drop the value of a completion to half a point or something.

Geo
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Pass on an offline Draft, we're doing this right with a live Draft. The current date and time is apparently fine with everyone but S4L, he'll just have to miss it then if something else can't be agreed to.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
May I also suggest that the scoring be changed so that one yard rushing/receiving = 0.1 points instead of 10 yards = 1 pt.

It's a simple change that makes scoring more precise. 70 yards vs. 79 yards should not be valued the same. It would almost certainly eliminate the possibility of a tie.

Geo
08-17-2008, 07:19 PM
You keep complaining about the scoring, but you're free to leave this league.

A lot of what you're suggesting didn't work with ESPN last year, but I'll check to see if they improved those specific things.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM

I would expect you'd be open to suggestions. Can you give me a good reason not to implement that simple scoring fix of 1 yard = 0.1 points?

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM

A lot of what you're suggesting doesn't work with ESPN, last I checked. I'll check again though.

I'm the commish of a different ESPN league. Believe me, it works.

Geo
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm checking it now, and will change it to allow enhanced/decimal scoring. You're right, I was wrong (though I don't think it was in play last yr).

Thanks for the notice.

Edit: Passing, Receiving, and Rushing yards have been adjusted. If other owners want completions/incompletions to be adjusted, feel free to chime in.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm checking it now, and will change it to allow enhanced/decimal scoring. You're right, I was wrong (though I don't think it was in play last yr).

Thanks for the notice.

I'm not trying to being difficult. I just notice certain things that could be altered to make for what I think is a better league. If no one else agrees with the things I suggest, feel free to ignore them.

Geo
08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Good call on the yardage, really. I'll have to bring that up in another league I'm in.

btw, I read that Yahoo now has keeper options, not sure if that is a free league option or not or how it works exactly.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Good call on the yardage, really. I'll have to bring that up in another league I'm in.

btw, I read that Yahoo now has keeper options, not sure if that is a free league option or not or how it works exactly.

Rushing and receiving yards are now valued differently?

10 yards rushing = 1 point, but 10 yards receiving = 0.4 points?

Geo
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
It's the same as before, just adjusted to the tenth decimal.

25 passing yds = 1 pt
10 rushing yds = 1 pt
25 receiving yds = 1 pt

Recieving gets a boost from PPR.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
It's the same as before, just adjusted to the tenth decimal.

25 passing yds = 1 pt
10 rushing yds = 1 pt
25 receiving yds = 1 pt

Recieving gets a boost from PPR.

Ah ok, I didn't see that you had devalued receiving yards to begin with. That works.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't think I have ever been in a league that has a WR/TE flex. It's interesting . . .

Seems like there will be A LOT of good RB's sitting on our benches every week. With just 24 total starting slots for RB's, there will be quite a few starting NFL RB's that don't factor into league scoring, not to mention all of the platoon RB's like in Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc.

Geo
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
What if we added a RB/WR starting spot and changed the WR/TE position to outright TE? Hmm, I think I would really like that idea. And maybe beef up the roster spot by one.

Given that there's 12 of us in the league, the talent pool is bigger than a 14 teamer say.

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
What if we added a RB/WR starting spot and changed the WR/TE position to outright TE? Hmm, I think I would really like that idea. And maybe beef up the roster spot by at least one.

Given that there's 12 of us in the league, the talent pool is bigger than a 14 teamer say.

I agree with those moves. There are easily 12 TE's that should be starting weekly, and we really should have more RB's involved here.

I'm not used to seeing so much talent on the bench. Maybe being in D-Unit's 20 man league has scewed my perception, but I would never be opposed to a bigger talent pool.

Geo
08-17-2008, 08:08 PM
If anyone doesn't like this change, please feel free to say something. But I think it's a good move, doesn't devalue TE as before and adds an extra scorer to help your team secure victory in a close game.

Now the starting roster is: QB, 2 RB, RB/WR, 2 WR, TE, K, D/ST. Plus 6 bench spots and 2 IR spots.

draftguru151
08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
All the new stuff seems fine. The scoring is kinda funky I guess, was fine last year though, decimals should help though.

Geo
08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Scoring is so much better now, thankfully ESPN took scoring adjustment to the tenth decimal.

Now if only they could fix scoring for defense/special teams. It's not right that a defense should be charged with six points allowed when an opposing defense scores, Yahoo has it right and hopefully ESPN will soon (not yet according to their current FAQs).

Xiomera
08-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I still think QB's should be scoring less points. I guess I don't see the point of it.

Consider this: A Quarterback has a tremendous game . . . 22/30, 4 TD's, 300 yards passing. That is 50 points right there based on this scoring system. A QB shouldn't be able to single-handedly win a head-to-head matchup.

A Running back having a tremendous game, let's say 120 yards, 2 TD's, 5 catches, 50 yards. That's 29 points. The QB with the big game will win the matchup almost every time, IMO.

Look at the average points per game for the different positions based off last year. Here's the average PPG for the 10th rated player at each position:

QB - Jay Cutler - 23.5 PPG
RB - Earnest Graham - 13.0 PPG
WR - Brandon Marshall - 12.5 PPG
TE - Jeremy Shockey - 6.2 PPG
D/ST - Titans - 11.3 PPG
K - Adam Vinatieri - 7.4 PPG

TE's, D/ST's, and K's will make almost no difference in weekly scoring totals compared to QB's. If one teams QB has a huge game, it would require a huge game by at least 3 non-QB's on the other team to equal the QB's performance. A big game by a TE would be almost completely irrelevant because a big game for them is about 15 points. A small figure compared to a QB who can easily score 30 points and have it considered a bad week.

Yes, I am rambling on, but the points per completion/incompletion is a problem, IMO. A QB who goes 10/10 for 50 yards would attain more points than a QB who went 25/50 for 300 yards. Completion percentage becomes more important than yards and TD's, which are the backbone statistics of fantasy sports.

Geo
08-18-2008, 12:03 AM
It's a good point, one that I have been giving some thought to honestly, and I think I agree. It should be tweaked ... but I'd also like to reward the more accurate quarterback. Maybe a fractional reward, ex. 0.5 pt per completion, -0.5 per incompletion?

Still, if everyone wants to all together remove points for completions and incompletions, I am fine with that. Granted, we drafted with that in mind last year, but I think if it helps the league get better then that's okay.

What does everyone else think- Remove it completely, tweak it to a fractional amount, or keep as is?

It's our league, guys.

The Unseen
08-18-2008, 07:25 AM
I think fractional is a good compromise between the two concepts.

So double-checking: draft is the 29th at 7:00 PM EST?

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Geo,

I would suggest changing completions to 0.5 and incompletions to -0.5, and then looking at the point totals in the players tab. If it brings them back down to earth any then we can keep it there. And if you value an accurate QB, then maybe we should increase the penalty for interceptions? That would be a fair way to bring down the QB point totals.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I think fractional is a good compromise between the two concepts.

So double-checking: draft is the 29th at 7:00 PM EST?

The homepage lists the draft as Sat, Aug. 30th, at 12:30 pm et

I believe there was talk of a switch to the time you listed, but it was shot down.

draftguru151
08-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I'd definitely prefer it during the day rather than at night.

Geo
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
1. Yeah, it seemed the Saturday date/time (Aug 30th, 12:30 PM ET) is good for everyone but S4L. But if it isn't, please mention it.

2. The changes to completions/incompletions has been made. Now 1 completion equals a half-point, and an incompletion deducts a half-point. I think that is better.

3. How about scoring for defenses? I have two ideas:

A. Change the current settings as follows:

0 points allowed = 10 pts >> 12 pts (if not more, a shutout is great stuff and should be rewarded)
2-6 pts allowed = 7 pts >> 8 pts (or more, again this is not easy)
35-45 pts allowed = -7 pts >> -8 pts (giving up 35-plus? Not good at all)
46-plus pts allowed = -10 >> -12 pts (see above)

B. Crazier idea I'm just wondering about, scoring based on fractional points per points allowed. It feels too weird though and is different, as a linear progression versus the exponential that is a staple of fantasy football. But if anyone is in a league where it works well, or has an idea to make it work well, I'm curious.

Shane P. Hallam
08-18-2008, 10:12 AM
I hear your scoring is cah-razy.

Geo
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Xio was right to point some things out, I'm glad he did. I definitely feel like we're making the league better.

The Unseen
08-18-2008, 10:38 AM
B. Crazier idea I'm just wondering about, scoring based on fractional points per points allowed. It feels too weird though and is different, as a linear progression versus the exponential that is a staple of fantasy football. But if anyone is in a league where it works well, or has an idea to make it work well, I'm curious.

That sounds good. I just don't like the idea of a shutout getting pre-eminence over an other-wise good effort. Example: the Jaguars beat the Chiefs 17-7 last year. The Chiefs scored their touchdown on the last play of the game, breaking the shutout.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 10:59 AM
1. Yeah, it seemed the Saturday date/time (Aug 30th, 12:30 PM ET) is good for everyone but S4L. But if it isn't, please mention it.

2. The changes to completions/incompletions has been made. Now 1 completion equals a half-point, and an incompletion deducts a half-point. I think that is better.

3. How about scoring for defenses? I have two ideas:

A. Change the current settings as follows:

0 points allowed = 10 pts >> 12 pts (if not more, a shutout is great stuff and should be rewarded)
2-6 pts allowed = 7 pts >> 8 pts (or more, again this is not easy)
35-45 pts allowed = -7 pts >> -8 pts (giving up 35-plus? Not good at all)
46-plus pts allowed = -10 >> -12 pts (see above)

I'd go with Option A. Keep it simple. And yes, the adjusted values you propose are good. Any defensive effort that yields single digit points should be awarded no less than 10 points, IMO.

I'd still recomment making Interceptions worth more of a penalty. Four incomplete passes is currently the equivalent of an INT thrown. And since passing TD's are set at 6 points instead of the seemingly more traditional 4 points, then INT's should increase as well. That TD:INT ratio is one of the most looked at stats for QB's in real life.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Geo, I also think the Waiver Priority needs to be adjusted to reflect the inverse of the draft order. I think its still reflecting the order that last season ended with . . . unless of course you wanted it to carry over from last season . . . ?

Geo
08-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I thought it would be automatically changed to reflect that, I'll get on it.

Edit: Waiver wire now follows draft order, we're good.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
The thing I like about ESPN is all of the customization they allow for in free leagues. I discover new settings every time I logon in the league I am commish for.

diabsoule
08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure what's going to be good for me. I just got a new job so I don't know what my work schedule is going to be like.

Scotty D
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Nice to see everyone working together. :)

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Let's try and get a list of the keepers going, shall we?

Xio's Keepers:

RB Adrian Peterson
RB Brian Westbrook
WR Larry Fitzgerald

Scotty D
08-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Let's try and get a list of the keepers going, shall we?

Xio's Keepers:

RB Adrian Peterson
RB Brian Westbrook
WR Larry Fitzgerald

Just so everyone to see? Mine are put onto the site. Anyways

WR Roy Williams
RB Willis Mcgahee
RB Earnest Graham

LonghornsLegend
08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm flexible about scoring, I never really have too many gripes about it as long as I know it before the draft and I'll adjust accordingly, but if the draft is the 29th that looks good to me.

Geo
08-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Actually, it's still the 30th (Saturday). Still good?

UKfan
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Ugh, apologies Geo, I have a work conference that weekend, no idea if I can get on, I can pre-rank, or if you want someone live I don't mind bowing out. I'll let you decide :)

Geo
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
So both Saturday and Sunday is no good for you then?

UKfan
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Pretty much. Stupid work.

Chucky
08-18-2008, 05:07 PM
If UKFan drops out, I would be willing to take over for him, or just draft for him if he wants

diabsoule
08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Someone can take over for me. I don't think I'm going to have the time for this league.

Geo
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Okay, it seems that the last weekend of August is a busy one for many, understandably so as the Fall season arrives. But I think I have a really good date/time that can work for as much of us as possible.

Thursday, August 28th, 8 PM ET.

What does everyone think, yay or nay? Thursday night, we'll be done before 11 PM ET.

Chucky
08-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Ill join if the draft is this weekend, if not never mind

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Okay, it seems that the last weekend of August is a busy one for many, understandably so as the Fall season arrives. But I think I have a really good date/time that can work for as much of us as possible.

Thursday, August 28th, 8 PM ET.

What does everyone think, yay or nay? Thursday night, we'll be done before 11 PM ET.

Bump that back to 8:30 pm et and it works for me. There is no way the draft would take 3 hours either. Especially with three rounds already off the books due to keepers.

Geo
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
8:30 PM ET is great for me, how about everyone else?

Scotty D
08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Sounds great to me. I agree with the middle of the week evening time draft. Usually people are home.

draftguru151
08-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Yea I like that a little bit more.

The Unseen
08-18-2008, 06:41 PM
sounds yummy.

My keepers again for Xio:

Carson Palmer
Marion Barber
Randy Moss

S4L
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
8:30 PM ET is great for me, how about everyone else?

Sounds good. :)

The Unseen
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Sounds good. :)

yay for S4L

Geo
08-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Bad news everyone, ESPN offers no Drafts after 6:15 PM ET until 11 PM ET on Thursday. On Wednesday, no Drafts after 6:30 PM ET until 11 PM ET.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Bad news everyone, ESPN offers no Drafts after 6:15 PM ET until 11 PM ET on Thursday. On Wednesday, no Drafts after 6:30 PM ET until 11 PM ET.

Stick with the original time then. We have to pick one and stick with it before all the slots are filled.

Chucky
08-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Who is taking Diab's spot ?

Geo
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
There already were a number of posters in the first two pages who expressed interest in the league before you did, Chuck. It's only fair I contact them first.

Geo
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Stick with the original time then. We have to pick one and stick with it before all the slots are filled.
You're right, now the 6 PM times on Wednesday and Thursday are gone (and nothing past 9 AM for this upcoming Sunday). I'll keep checking constantly if something opens up though.

Sorry to get hopes up, guys. I feel terrible about that. I should have checked before "opening my mouth," so to speak.

Unless you want something around 5:45 PM ET or 11 PM ET on a weekday night ...

Chucky
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
There already were a number of posters in the first two pages who expressed interest in the league before you did, Chuck. It's only fair I contact them first.

Alright no problem. I misunderstood your previous message

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
You're right, now the 6 PM times on Wednesday and Thursday are gone (and nothing past 9 AM for this upcoming Sunday). I'll keep checking constantly if something opens up though.

Sorry to get hopes up, guys. I feel terrible about that. I should have checked before "opening my mouth," so to speak.

Unless you want something around 5:45 PM ET or 11 PM ET on a weekday night ...

If all else fails . . . NFLDC draft.

Geo
08-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I could probably edit in the players/picks for the rosters, but the time and effort spent in terms of running it and everyone making their picks on time for that many rounds just isn't worth it imo. I'd sooner pre-rank my players to target guys I like.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Then you'll have to go with the time that is currently in place. It worked for many of us I think.

Geo
08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
This Thurday has an 8:15 PM ET slot available, but drafting before the most important week of the preseason just seems weird to me.

draftguru151
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Pretty sure I have another draft this Thursday.

Geo
08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
You saw my trade offer, guru?

draftguru151
08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Yea, kinda wanna see what happens in the draft first.

Geo
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Ah, I was planning on something now before the Draft. That's cool though, I think we can both say we're fine staying as is.

btw, welcome to our new owner Bored of Education, taking over for Diabsoule.

UKfan
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Sorry to be a pain, can someone take over for me as well Geo? Sorry again

bored of education
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Sheesh! I got Diabs squad

The Unseen
08-19-2008, 05:28 PM
This Thurday has an 8:15 PM ET slot available, but drafting before the most important week of the preseason just seems weird to me.

Doesn't work for me now, as Fay is gonna land in my area as a hurricane Thursday according to the latest track.

Geo
08-19-2008, 05:33 PM
It's still on for Saturday the 30th. Just mentioning it.

Best of luck with that, btw.

Hines
08-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Am I in this now?

Geo
08-19-2008, 05:47 PM
The ESPN invite should be in your inbox of the email address you gave me. Sign up.

Hines
08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I didnt get an email buddy. Send it again.

Hines
08-20-2008, 11:32 AM
How do I change my name? What are my keepers?

Geo
08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Welcome new owners bored of education and HinesWardJr.

As for your Q: on your team page, you'll see "Edit Team Settings" and "Select Keepers" below the tabs.

Hines
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
I figured it out. My keepers are:

RB Jamal Lewis
RB Mo Drew
WR Torry Holt

LonghornsLegend
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Did we have clarification on a set date yet? It has moved around so much I want to make sure I have the correct date set so I know when to be ready because I am working quite a bit on weekends.

Geo
08-22-2008, 12:58 PM
It is still Saturday, August 30th, 12:30 PM ET.

However, ESPN now has Thursday, August 28th, 8:30 PM ET available like we wanted earlier.

Thoughts?

Xiomera
08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
It is still Saturday, August 30th, 12:30 PM ET.

However, ESPN now has Thursday, August 28th, 8:30 PM ET available like we wanted earlier.

Thoughts?

Thursday sounds good, but you'll need to act fast and make sure it works for people.

I am also just fine with the current Saturday time.

Geo
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I think the Thursday night time works better, some people might have commitments during the weekends.

Xiomera
08-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I think the Thursday night time works better, some people might have commitments during the weekends.

Just be sure to send out PM's to everyone. And I would suggest doing it soon since it appears that not many people keep up with this thread. You are I are about the only ones that post, haha.

Hines
08-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I will try. It is my sisters birthday and I dont know what my mom wants to do for it.

Geo
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Just be sure to send out PM's to everyone. And I would suggest doing it soon since it appears that not many people keep up with this thread. You are I are about the only ones that post, haha.
PMs to the rest of the owners have already been sent, and I'm sure they will respond in good time.

Scotty D
08-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Both are good. Thursday would be great.

S4L
08-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I am pretty sure I could do Thursday.

I definitely cannot do Saturday.

draftguru151
08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Yea Thursday should work for me.

Geo
08-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Alright then, I'm going to change it to Thursday. But if a number of owners want it back to Saturday, I could change it back. Thankfully ESPN has opened up the availability for the week ahead, we've got every hour (that I can see) to choose from.

Xiomera
08-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Alright then, I'm going to change it to Thursday. But if a number of owners want it back to Saturday, I could change it back. Thankfully ESPN has opened up the availability for the week ahead, we've got every hour (that I can see) to choose from.

In that case, how about making it at 9 pm et.

bored of education
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
sure im good thanks

Geo
08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
There's no 9 PM ET, but I've changed it to 9:15 PM ET. That should give everyone enough time to get on.

CJSchneider
08-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I got the e-mail, thanks.

The Unseen
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but Thursday's good.

LonghornsLegend
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Thursday sounds good, just wanted to make sure a time was set in stone.

Geo
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Great to hear everyone likes the date/time, we should probably always schedule the last Thursday before the start of the season.

Xiomera
08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Sweet. Looks like two-thirds of the people have confirmed so far.

Xiomera
08-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey, if anyone wants to trade for one of my keepers let me know . . .

I have Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Brian Westbrook. I am open to dealing all of them. I'd like to get a QB possibly. Or to move up in the 1st round draft order. I currently pick 9th.

The Unseen
08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
FYI, I may or may not be late to the draft Thursday, so I might set some projections up just in case.

comahan
08-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey, if anyone wants to trade for one of my keepers let me know . . .

I have Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Brian Westbrook. I am open to dealing all of them. I'd like to get a QB possibly. Or to move up in the 1st round draft order. I currently pick 9th.

Youre welcome for that squad btw :p

Xiomera
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
I propose a motion to make this an auction draft, hahahahaha.

We could all start off with $200 and subtract the dollar amount that ESPN rates each of our keepers at.

Those things are crazy fun and nerve-racking at once.

The Unseen
08-25-2008, 07:41 PM
I propose a motion to make this an auction draft, hahahahaha.

We could all start off with $200 and subtract the dollar amount that ESPN rates each of our keepers at.

Those things are crazy fun and nerve-racking at once.

lol!

no.

Geo
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
(Regular Live) Draft three days from now!

Xiomera
08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
WOOOO! Regular Live Draft!

Be there or be ridiculed.

draftguru151
08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
1st pick=Craig Nall.

Xiomera
08-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey, anyone wanna trade?

Adrian Peterson and Larry Fitzgerald on the block.

bored of education
08-25-2008, 11:38 PM
My keepers are decent I guess.

Xiomera
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
DRAFT IS TOMORROW NIGHT!

Please be there folks.

Xiomera
08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
I think the keeper selections should e made public so we can prepare for the draft.

S4L
08-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I think the keeper selections should e made public so we can prepare for the draft.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/showkeepers?leagueId=26751

Xiomera
08-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Clearly Geo got my memo.

Cool.

Geo
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, I'll take credit for it. :D

LonghornsLegend
08-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Be there or Be Square!!!

Geo
08-27-2008, 11:01 PM
We just got a major tip, gents. LL's super sleeper is Bernard Berrian, he's dropping hints even if he can't help it.

Hines
08-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I will try and be there on time. My sister is having a birthday dinner at 5, and I dont know how long we will be there. I would like to move it back like a half hour or so, but that will not be right for everyone else. I will try and be there on time.

LonghornsLegend
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I've never done a live ESPN draft, all my live drafts were yahoo and my few ESPN leagues were offline, is there going to be a big board that yahoo provides showing who is available and who is taken/kept, or should we keep track of that throughout the draft.

Geo
08-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Very similar to Yahoo, with a Draft chat included and so on. There will definitely be a list of players remaining, and a draft summary of who is taken.

I would recommend trying a mock draft (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/mockdraftlobby?campaign=ff08&source=in_fp_mdl), to get a feel for the Draft interface (regular Java or lite).

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I will try and be there on time. My sister is having a birthday dinner at 5, and I dont know how long we will be there. I would like to move it back like a half hour or so, but that will not be right for everyone else. I will try and be there on time.

I doubt very much the draft slot could be changed at this point even if we wanted to. The only reason we got this time was because some other league must have cancelled, opening a slot for us.

I might suggest just pre-ranking the first couple rounds worth of players.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
For those of you who have never done an ESPN draft, you must have Java software installed. I would imagine most of you already do.

Also Geo, I have no idea if it was a glitch or something, but I recently did an ESPN draft in which for the first 4 rounds, the snake style drafting was not working. I picked #2 overall, and then had the second pick in each round. Halfway through the draft, the order corrected itself to normal snake drafting. Hoping that doesn't occur again.

Geo
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Strange.

I can say that for our Draft, it will not be snaking the first three rounds - however those are the keeper rounds, so the selections will be automatically made with the players each owner selected.

Starting from the 4th round on, we each make our picks and the Draft is snaking. Business as usual.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Strange.

I can say that for our Draft, it will not be snaking the first three rounds - however those are the keeper rounds, so the selections will be automatically made with the players each owner selected.

Starting from the 4th round on, we each make our picks and the Draft is snaking. Business as usual.

Wait, so the ESPN Autodrafts our designated keepers by itself? We actually see the keeper picks made automatically? Or when we open the draft they are already assigned . . . ?

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
BOE, are you honestly keeping Aaron Stecker as a keeper?

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I would feel a little better about this draft if some other league members checked in to the thread and said they'd be attending . . . cough cough ahem ahem . . .

Geo
08-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Wait, so the ESPN Autodrafts our designated keepers by itself? We actually see the keeper picks made automatically? Or when we open the draft they are already assigned . . . ?
Honestly, I can't say. My guess is that we spend a minute or two seeing the keeper picks made automatically, for the sake of presentation.

bored of education
08-28-2008, 04:08 PM
****. Ummm

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
****. Ummm

??????????? Will you be attending the draft?

Geo, this might be short notice, but you might wanna have replacement candidates in mind in case people bail on the league last minute.

Geo
08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
It's been changed, BOE made a simple mistake checking the box underneath. Frank Gore is his third keeper.

As for standby replacements, even if people can't make the Draft, I trust them to take care of their teams for the season. Everyone committed to be a part of this.

Hines
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
****, I hope i can make it tonight. I would feel better if it was at 930, but it is up to you guys.

Geo
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I can't change the time of the Draft the day of, that's not really fair to other owners who have been aware of the date/time in advance.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
****, I hope i can make it tonight. I would feel better if it was at 930, but it is up to you guys.

It can't be changed even if we wanted to. ESPN only allows a certain number of drafts to occur at once. There will be no other available time slots tonight on this short of notice.

Pre-Rank, Hines. Pre-Rank!

Hines
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I can't change the time of the Draft the day of, that's not really fair to other owners who have been aware of the date/time in advance.

Yes and I respect that, thats why I am not making it such a big deal. I will be there, but I am not sure on time. I just found out we were going out today, so I had no chance to tell you last night.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes and I respect that, thats why I am not making it such a big deal. I will be there, but I am not sure on time. I just found out we were going out today, so I had no chance to tell you last night.

Pre-rank the first 3-4 rounds worth of players.

Hines
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
The pre-rank thing kind of blows because they have all the players on there. I dont know by heart every ones keepers.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 04:35 PM
The pre-rank thing kind of blows because they have all the players on there. I dont know by heart every ones keepers.

All keepers listed.

I know Yahoo has it and I assume ESPN would too, but you can add all the listed keepers an excluded/do not draft list.

Hines
08-28-2008, 04:37 PM

All keepers listed.

I know Yahoo has it and I assume ESPN would too, but you can add all the listed keepers an excluded/do not draft list.

As far as I know, I cant find the excluded/do not draft list. But I know all the keepers were listed.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I've seen about 4 confirmations that people will be in attendance. We could be looking at a pretty boring draft tonight sadly.

Geo
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
We'll have a healthier turnout than that. Not everyone is posting right now, but they know.

Hines
08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
We'll have a healthier turnout than that. Not everyone is posting right now, but they know.

Do you know anyway I can edit my rankings with the keeper players off the list?

Geo
08-28-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm afraid not, the rankings are in general.

The fastest thing you can do is look at each keeper selected, and click the move to last arrow to take them to the bottom of the list. They'll be gone from the top of your rankings.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm afraid not, the rankings are in general.

The fastest thing you can do is look at each keeper selected, and click the move to last arrow to take them to the bottom of the list. They'll be gone from the top of your rankings.

It doesn't matter at all where he has the keepers ranked. They won't be chosen. Just rank the guys who aren't kept, even if there are keepers listed in between the guys he's ranking.

Geo
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
I think HWJr's point is to see who is remaining on the big board, and work from there.

Hines
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I dont think I will be gone for too long for the draft. I got my first couple picks planned out, but I should be back for most of the draft.

Geo
08-28-2008, 05:05 PM
That's cool. You can jump up in midway and pick up your sleepers/depth players.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Everytime I try and go to the league page for any of my 4 leagues my browser says "this page cannot be displayed."

****, anyone else experiencing this right now?

Geo
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
It seems to be working fine for me.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 05:23 PM
It seems to be working fine for me.

OK, it's back.

That was really odd. None of my league pages would load. I had to restart the computer, delete my temporary internet files and such.

Hines
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I will try and leave in like a hour to go to dinner. If then, I will be back in time for the draft.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 05:44 PM
What do you guys think about adding two more bench spots? I'd like a deeper league . . .

Geo
08-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I definitely think it's too late to make changes now.

We'll see how everything works this year, to know what we can tweak for the better next year.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I definitely think it's too late to make changes now.

We'll see how everything works this year, to know what we can tweak for the better next year.

It's just adding more depth, but okay . . .

6 bench spots allows for 1 backup QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 TE.

It'd be nice to be able to keep a backup defense or have another RB/WR to have as an option on bye weeks.

LonghornsLegend
08-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Draft is in an hour correct?

Geo
08-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes it is.

Edit: You can enter the Draft room now. Keeper rounds are already passed.

Hines
08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
I won't be there for my first couple of picks, but I will be there at like 630 or so. Sorry if I hold up the draft.

Geo
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Good draft everyone. My RB depth isn't anything to write home about, I figured I might as well grab Betts in case anything happened to Portis. Good receiving core, although both Harrison and Galloway are long in the tooth. I feel great at tight end at least.

Addai Hard Warriors

QB- Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Matt Leinart
RB- Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis, Maurice Morris, Ladell Betts
WR- Wes Welker, Marvin Harrison, Lee Evans Joey Galloway, Bobby Engram
TE- Antonio Gates, Owen Daniels
K- will pick up on Monday
D/ST- Baltimore

Hines
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I really am sorry about not being there. Hopefully my team doesnt do too bad.

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
My team is absolutely beastly!

Team Xiomera
QB - Brett Favre, Matt Schaub, Jon Kitna
RB - Adrian Peterson, Brian Westbrook, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Nate Burleson
TE - Chris Cooley, Dustin Keller
D/ST - Jacksonville Jaguars
K - Robbie Gould

LonghornsLegend
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Willing to deal anyone and everyone, send me a pm if your interested.

QB: Big Ben / Jay Cutler
RB: Reggie Bush / Ricky Williams / Chris Johnson / Chris Perry
WR: Chad Johnson / Derrick Mason / Tedd Ginn / Robert Meachem / Desean Jackson / Chris Henry
TE: Tony Scheffler
K: Nick Kaeding
Def/ST: Minnesota

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Charm, if you see this, please know that I am willing to deal just about anyone for Calvin Johnson.

The Unseen
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM
My team is absolutely beastly!

Team Xiomera
RB - Adrian Peterson, Brian Westbrook, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Nate Burleson
TE - Chris Cooley, Dustin Keller
D/ST - Jacksonville Jaguars
K - Robbie Gould

grumble grumble grumble

Well, here's mine

QB - Carson Palmer, JaMarcus Russell
RB - Marion Barber, Edgerrin James, Fred Taylor, Leon Washington, Ahman Green
WR - Randy Moss, Roddy White, Anthony Gonzalez, Jerry Porter
TE - Tony Gonzalez, Kevin Boss
D/ST - San Diego Chargers
K - Mason Crosby

Xiomera
08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm looking for a top 10-12 Wide Receiver via trade.

My trade block includes:

RB - Ray Rice
WR - Nate Burleson
TE - Dustin Keller

I would also deal Larry Fitzgerald + one of the above players if it meant getting a top 3-4 WR.

Hines
08-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Heres mine:

QB: Matt Hasselbeck/ Jeff Garcia/ David Garrard
RB: MJD/ Larry Johnson/ Jamal Lewis/ Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Torry Holt/ Bernard Berrian/ Issac Bruce/ Josh Morgan
TE: Ben Watson
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: Pittsburgh/ Seattle

bored of education
08-28-2008, 11:22 PM
mine is
umm

DA
Gore/Jacobs/Norwood/Deshaun/Deangelo Williams
Wayne/Cotchery/Stallworth/Chambers/Johnston/Walters
Witten
Dallas D
some kicker

Scotty D
08-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it.

Looking to trade

Matt Forte
Kevin Smith

for a

WR

looking to get this done before the season starts. PM me.

Geo
08-29-2008, 01:18 AM
I had to reverse the waiver order, for some reason it was backwards after the Draft.

LonghornsLegend
08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Who is the Frank Derbin Police Squad?

Xiomera
08-29-2008, 09:35 AM
I had to reverse the waiver order, for some reason it was backwards after the Draft.

Isn't that how it should be?

Geo
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
I should be at the top of the waiver order, and Hines last? That can't be right, it should be the other way around.

Geo
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Who is the Frank Derbin Police Squad?
GB12, although that was Windy's old title. I've edited in Team GB12 for him but he's free to change it to whatever he wants.

One thing that is important is having your NFLDC handle as their team abbreviation so we know who's who. I've edited that in too for a few of you, hope you don't mind but it's to make sure we know everyone.

Example:
You might at Louisiana Beasts at first at not recall who the owner is exactly, until you see (CJS) and immediately recall it's CJ Schneider. (GEO) for the Addai Hard Warriors and so on. That way you can be as creative as you want with your team name.

Geo
08-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm willing to trade the duo of Kurt Warner and Marvin Harrison for an elite wide receiver. Warner is the starter in Arizona from Week One, so for those teams who need a quarterback especially, here's your chance to get a potential Top 5 QB plus still get a Top 20 receiver in return.

I'll throw in Matt Leinart if you want him too.

Xiomera
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
I should be at the top of the waiver order, and Hines last? That can't be right, it should be the other way around.

Typically it is the inverse of the draft order I thought.

It's a small consolation for the guys picking at the end of the draft order . . .

Xiomera
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Good to see that Charm is active in this league . . . :rolleyes:

Geo
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Typically it is the inverse of the draft order I thought.

It's a small consolation for the guys picking at the end of the draft order . . .
I didn't know that, I thought it might be the same as it is for the NFL. I'll change it back then, sorry guys.

Although I see Scotty used his waiver spot so he'll still be 12th.

Xiomera
08-31-2008, 09:06 PM
I didn't know that, I thought it might be the same as it is for the NFL. I'll change it back then, sorry guys.

Although I see Scotty used his waiver spot so he'll still be 12th.

I suppose I have been in leagues that have had it both ways, but I believe the standard is the inverse draft order.

Either way, I think its the right way to go. The guy who picks first overall and gets LT in a league should not also get his first choice of all waiver wire guys.

Geo
08-31-2008, 10:43 PM
That makes sense. Honestly, I never really paid specific attention to it before.

Geo
09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
First weekend of the season, boys. Make sure your line-ups are good to go.

Geo
09-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Give yourself a pat on the back for starting Steve Smith, draftguru.

It may be somewhat sad that two of my three double-digit scorers include my kicker and my defense. :p

But I'm primed for a win barring a ridiculously monstrous game from Donald Driver.

S4L
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Tom Brady is out for the year.

I might hang myself.

Xiomera
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM

I might hang myself.

I'm with you, bro. I bid a lot on him in my auction draft. Coincidentally, my backup for that league was the also-injured VY.

LonghornsLegend
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Big Ben and Jay Cutler both on the block...Looking for a WR, send me offers if interested.

The Unseen
09-11-2008, 01:46 PM

I might hang myself.

And I have Randy Moss. plz to throw to Randy all da timez Cassell kthnx bai

Hines
09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Considering I got left with a ****** team, I am hoping for the best this season.

Geo
09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Good game, dg. Ronnie Brown and the Eagles defense delivered too much for me to overcome.

The Unseen
09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
So...I tied my game with GB12.

Hines
09-28-2008, 06:43 PM
I started out slow, now I won 2 straight and coming for the top spot.

Xiomera
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Looks like I will win. WEEEEE!

Sorry Scotty D

GB12
09-28-2008, 07:11 PM
So...I tied my game with GB12.
Sucks because I forgot to switch Carlson who had a bye with Owen Daniels who I just picked up last night for that specific reason.

Still very weird to see ties in leagues that use decimals.

Geo
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Good game, Xio.

Bills defense hurt me with the negative points, I needed to get everything I could this week to try and outscore you.

CJSchneider
10-07-2008, 12:07 PM
This is why I usually never do two leauges with the same group of people. I can't remember if this is the leauge I'm in 1st in or leauge I'm sucking *** in.

Xiomera
10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Good game, Xio.

Bills defense hurt me with the negative points, I needed to get everything I could this week to try and outscore you.

This is a weird league for me. I never envisioned I'd use J.T. O'Sullivan instead of Brett Favre most weeks, haha.

LonghornsLegend
10-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm slowly starting to turn things around because of my RB's and QB's...If I had a WR I'd be doing some things but I'll just have to keep pimping the WW and hope I get lucky...Still open for trading if anyone is interested :D

p.d. Xio I'm sick of seeing you in 1st of every league I'm in with you lol...damn you!!!

Xiomera
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm slowly starting to turn things around because of my RB's and QB's...If I had a WR I'd be doing some things but I'll just have to keep pimping the WW and hope I get lucky...Still open for trading if anyone is interested :D

p.d. Xio I'm sick of seeing you in 1st of every league I'm in with you lol...damn you!!!

Haha, sorry man. I really don't think I am very good at Fantasy Football to be honest. I don't know it nearly as well as I do Fantasy Baseball.

Hines
10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
After starting 0-2, I won 3 straight. I guess my team doesnt suck that bad then.

GB12
10-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I need a runningback, will trade Dwayne Bowe.

Xiomera
10-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Is there a limit for how many years in a row we can keep a player?

Will it be 3 keepers again this year?

Geo
10-25-2008, 06:05 PM
No limit, at least unless the league decides otherwise. And yes, 3 keepers.

Once this season is over, I definitely want to bring the removal of completions/incompletions for quarterbacks to vote for all league members. The more I think about it and see it, it's just broken as is.