PDA

View Full Version : Kam Chancellor

BufFan71
08-10-2008, 01:01 PM
FS-Virginia Tech

i believe hes ajunior but if he comes out, where do u see him being drafted?

hes played diff positions each yeah i think.

hes 6'4 220lbs

PACKmanN
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
He reminds me of a faster Aaron Rouse. I like him a lot. Late first early second.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh man.

He is the man. 6'4" 220 as you said, and an amazing athlete. 4.5 speed and the ability to really get up there. Probably the hardest hitter in college football. Played QB in highschool, cornerback as a true freshman, started at Rover as a sophmore, and will start at free safety this year.

Let's talk about intangibles. He may be the hardest worker on the team. True definition of a leader who leads by example. Coaches rave about his work ethic and intangibles in general.

He is a much better prospect than Arron Rouse, and I loved Rouse. He has all the potential in the world, and come April he, not Taylor Mays or William Moore or Myron Rolle, may be the best safety prospect in the nation.

And yes, I think he will come out.

eaglesfan_45
08-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm a fan of Kam bama, but lets not get too hasty, William Moore is a beast. Kam is up in the top 3 IMO though.

My Top 3 Safeties-
1. William Moore
2. Courtney Greene
3. Kam Chancellor

William Moore is a man beast coming out of college (check the sig). He is far and away the best safety in the draft. He has shades of Sean Taylor in him and is Brian Dawkins's clone. Kam is a good player but I don't know enough about him to catapult him past Greene IMO, but he could easily become my #2 Safety but no one will ever knock off William Moore at #1.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
He has the potential to be the top safety is what I'm saying.

And I'd take him over Greene any day of the week.

etk
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
220? He must've bulked up in the offseason. What I saw last year was a really lanky kid that hit like a ton of bricks. If he put on some muscle then I'll be interested to see him again.

I'd take him over Courtney Greene, yes.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, the coaches and players rave about his work room ethic. And some posters on VT rivals say he is stacked now.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.beamerball.com/2008photos/augpreseason/6/24.jpg

There is Kam and the DBs, (Kam is number 17) doesn't really show how ripped/ huge the guy is but there is a picture. Here is one of him out of highschool.

http://www.techsideline.com/cgi-upload/recruiting/football/photos/3d2a3fa95c32b9b7c15b2a686ff74ddb.jpg

What a difference.

Cigaro
08-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Chancellor is a player with a high ceiling although he hasn't reached it yet. I would presume his stock currently is 2nd/3rd round, but has a shot at being a 1st round pick as long as he continues to progress proportionally.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I have no doubts he will be a player drafted in the top two rounds.

If not for next years potentiall deep safety class (Chancellor, William Moore, Taylor Mays, Myron Rolle, Courtney Greene, Nic Harris, etc) I would be extremely confident he would be a first round pick. Now I'm just very confident.

yourfavestoner
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh man.

He is the man. 6'4" 220 as you said, and an amazing athlete. 4.5 speed and the ability to really get up there. Probably the hardest hitter in college football. Played QB in highschool, cornerback as a true freshman, started at Rover as a sophmore, and will start at free safety this year.

Let's talk about intangibles. He may be the hardest worker on the team. True definition of a leader who leads by example. Coaches rave about his work ethic and intangibles in general.

He is a much better prospect than Arron Rouse, and I loved Rouse. He has all the potential in the world, and come April he, not Taylor Mays or William Moore or Myron Rolle, may be the best safety prospect in the nation.

Why do people think Myron Rolle is good? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY. I can't take it anymore.

BamaFalcon59
08-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I never said he was good. But that's the impression.

Although I do expect him to go pretty high as an OLB in a Thomas Davis type situation.

eaglesalltheway
08-11-2008, 06:42 AM
I really like Chancellor, he plays like a monster, though I will say, not quite that of William Moore, one of the few things I agree with EF 45 on. :D. I recently put him over Courtney Greene as my #2 Safety prospect, behind Moore. The blend of size, speed and athletecism in this safety class is unlike anything I can remember seeing, and the Eagles may need a Safety or two come the draft. Plus, he has a great name for football...

bored of education
08-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I really wonder what he weighs in at. IF 220 then damn. I thought he was like 195-205? He can lay the wood. I like him right behind Moore.

BigJohn98
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I never said he was good. But that's the impression.

Although I do expect him to go pretty high as an OLB in a Thomas Davis type situation.

How did you get the impression that Myron Rolle is good? Honestly.

Hines
08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I like Chancellor, but Macho Harris is my favorite DB in this draft. I am starting to see a trend now that a lot more safteys are the big, athletic, tweener type of players now. Mays, Moore, Harris, and Chancellor are all big and could potentiall play LB in the right scheme.

BufFan71
08-11-2008, 03:06 PM
does Kam have the ability to play in a tampa-2 type defense?

cuz i really liked him when i was watching the sunshine channel and they replayed the FSU-VT game

princefielder28
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Why do people think Myron Rolle is good? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY. I can't take it anymore.

highly recruited and if people don't watch him play then they go off of that

eaglesalltheway
08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I like Chancellor, but Macho Harris is my favorite DB in this draft. I am starting to see a trend now that a lot more safteys are the big, athletic, tweener type of players now. Mays, Moore, Harris, and Chancellor are all big and could potentiall play LB in the right scheme.

Really that is only a trend that has slightly taken effect over the last few years. But this year is insane for those type of guys, not only in quantity, but quality too. Some of the top safeties in this draft are the tweener type. This is truly a great year for drafting Safeties. Because there are the guys with good production. (Moore, Greene, Chancellor, and more), and the guys with great size or other physical attributes that make them stick out (Mays, Rolle mostly, but Moore and Chancellor are in there as well) This is a great year for the safety. Take note, I didn't even mention guys like Patrick Chung, and other potential first round safeties.

etk
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM

You're right about the trend.....safeties are getting bigger and more athletic.

Chancellor could never play LB though....way lankier than the rest in that list. He would be an awesome defensive half in the CFL though :)

highly recruited and if people don't watch him play then they go off of that

You're right, but how come Kenny Phillips got the opposite treatment from people who never saw him play?

princefielder28
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
You're right, but how come Kenny Phillips got the opposite treatment from people who never saw him play?

Kenny Phillips actually produced his sophomore season and showed some promise...didn't produce like expect his junior year, but he had something productive on his resume.

BamaFalcon59
08-11-2008, 08:08 PM
How did you get the impression that Myron Rolle is good? Honestly.

Ok, since noone can understand what I am saying, I guess I will have to take it slow.

- I do not believe Myron Rolle has performed.
- The casual fan does.
- Several sites have him at least as a day one prospect.
- He does have tools.

BamaFalcon59
08-11-2008, 08:12 PM
does Kam have the ability to play in a tampa-2 type defense?

cuz i really liked him when i was watching the sunshine channel and they replayed the FSU-VT game

He has the ability to do anything. If you can play CB, rover, and SS on Bud Foster's defense, you can do anything. Nice quotes on Chancellor from the DB coach (thank you to Kyle Tucker's VT football blog):

ON KAM CHANCELLOR’S TALENT AND THE WAY HE PICKS THINGS UP QUICKLY, PLAYING HIS THIRD POSITION IN THREE YEARS: “It amazes me because of his size. For a kid his size to be able to come in and even fathom playing cornerback as a true freshman … his learning curve was phenomenal. Then the size he is, obviously, he doesn’t look like everybody else. I said last year he was probably the best athlete on our team because he was one guy who could probably play quarterback or wide receiver, then come over to defense and play from corner to defensive end. I don’t think anybody else could do that. I’m always amazed. I’m still amazed by what he’s able to do at the size he is. He’s kind of a phenomenal, freakish athlete, but because he’s so smart, too, and he gets it and he’s very coachable, he’s able to go from corner to rover to free safety and pick it up and play.”

ON BEING A FORMER FREE SAFETY HIMSELF, A STAR AT THE POSITION, HOW GOOD DOES HE THINK CHANCELLOR CAN BE: “Well, I said when he was a freshman, assuming he’d move to safety, that he would probably be the best safety that ever played here. And I think he will leave Virginia Tech as the best safety that ever played here. And probably be drafted higher than any safety ever at Tech.”

ON WHAT, EXACTLY, MAKES CHANCELLOR SO SPECIAL: “He’s just a great, great person, first of all. So he’s a natural leader. He’s got all this God-given ability, but he works harder than anybody else. He’s a humble kid. And he accepts being a leader. It’s just all the intangibles. He goes to class, all that. You take a lot of kids with his talent and they take things for granted, or they feel above some things. He has none of that petty stuff that comes along with what he gives you as an athlete.”

DraftMichaelHuff
08-18-2008, 06:52 AM
wow a HUMBLE DB from VT. Almost unheard of. Or maybe thats just the falcons fan coming out in me.

Its pretty cool though both this guy (a likley 1st rounder) and Myron Rolle (a likely 2nd-3rd rounder) are very very smart which is good considering the Falcons might go SS in the top 3 rounds in 09 with smarts and character now big pre requisites. As well as the intellegence its really great to see so many safeties with wicked triangle numbers this year, the combine should be fun.

However Rolle (with his Rhodes Scholar brain) in the 2nd sounds nice right now. The falcons would verge on geek status... with Matt Ryan's intellegence, Harry Douglas who is/was studying to be a lawyer and Rolle

LonghornsLegend
08-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Rolle doesn't suck, I don't think everyone here has even saw him play much, its like word travelled he was slow and like Roy Williams now everyone jumps on and says he sucks, yet several very good scouting sources still have him as a 1st day prospect, and he does have the tools/potential to be a rover(Thomas Davis, Darnell Bing)...He wasn't highly touted out of HS and still to this day for no reason, he has alot of tools to work with, and some people should actually watch him play before passing judgement, I see it happen too often on here for certain players.

critesy
08-19-2008, 02:08 AM
ohh baby, this kid is electric the way he hits, i want the skins to nab him, yes :)

Hokie_Pokie08
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
wow a HUMBLE DB from VT. Almost unheard of. Or maybe thats just the falcons fan coming out in me.

Its pretty cool though both this guy (a likley 1st rounder) and Myron Rolle (a likely 2nd-3rd rounder) are very very smart which is good considering the Falcons might go SS in the top 3 rounds in 09 with smarts and character now big pre requisites. As well as the intellegence its really great to see so many safeties with wicked triangle numbers this year, the combine should be fun.

However Rolle (with his Rhodes Scholar brain) in the 2nd sounds nice right now. The falcons would verge on geek status... with Matt Ryan's intellegence, Harry Douglas who is/was studying to be a lawyer and Rolle

Also from Kyle Tucker's blog about Killa.

Here’s your feel-good quote of the day. Kam Chancellor had some minor bump or bruise or some such, and he was over with trainer Mike Goforth. I overheard Goforth say: “If they were all like Kam, we’d do it for free.” Later, I asked Goforth what Chancellor did to prompt that. “Nothing,” he said. “He’s just the best guy I’ve ever been around. Love him.” Wow, and he can play. Nice combo.

ImBrotherCain
08-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey guys would could anyone make me a Kam wallpaper for a 1440-900 comp... It would be sweet seeing as Kam is my Favorite Hokie now that Adibi is gone :(
Thanks and + Rep if you do

Black Bolt
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
I just wanted to say, yet another fine 757 product! :waiting: Seriously, the guy has been playing out of his mind. Former QB at Maury High School, went to school with my niece.

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Oh man.

Hire me now

gpngc
01-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Unreal player, in large part due to the scheme fit. But he's still made himself into an incredible pro. But to be fair, he fell to the 5th(!) round. He was a little stiff coming out.

He is beast mode on defense.

JRTPlaya21
01-21-2014, 06:47 PM
I always liked him while he was at VT so I'm glad he's had quite the career.