20. Carolina Panthers
19. Arizona Cardinals
18. Houston Texans
17. Buffalo Bills
16. Tennessee Titans
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Washington Redskins
13. Seattle Seahawks

By nearly a 2-1 margin and darn near a 3 way tie and 2nd, Seattle is eliminated.

brat316
08-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Saints for the win,

Dam8610
08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
How are the Eagles still on the board with a shaky McNabb at QB? They're one (fairly likely to happen) injury away from another mediocre season.

DLionALL
08-12-2008, 08:04 PM
How are the Eagles still on the board with a shaky McNabb at QB? They're one (fairly likely to happen) injury away from another mediocre season.

I'd say almost the same thing for the Packers. Nobody really has a good grasp on what Rodgers is going to bring this year. Maybe it's a little silly but I think it's unfair the Eagles are being targeted because of McNabbs health. The Packers have a question mark at QB too.

All that being said the Eagles aren't a Top 5 Team so don't take this the wrong way. I just think they are ahead of Green Bay right now.

Dam8610
08-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I'd say almost the same thing for the Packers. Nobody really has a good grasp on what Rodgers is going to bring this year. Maybe it's a little silly but I think it's unfair the Eagles are being targeted because of McNabbs health. The Packers have a question mark at QB too.

Rodgers has been sitting on the bench for 3 years. While he's not a known, he has the best grasp of the offense he could possibly possess, and if he doesn't have it down now, he's not the answer. It's not like Rodgers is coming off of two consecutive season ending injuries like McNabb is. If I had to bet on which one will finish a 16 game 2008 season, I'd take Rodgers without a moment's hesitation. Besides, the Packers have more to work with for any QB offensively than the Eagles do, and I'd say the Packers' defense has to be regarded as better, at least at this point.

smittyjs
08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Packers should go now....

diabsoule
08-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I voted Eagles. Brian Dawkins barely has anything in the tank. Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard are now injury-prone. McNabb is one hit away from sitting out another season and they have a shaky offensive line.

Caddy
08-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I voted for the Packers again. They just don't impress me that much anymore.

08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
If Green Bay somehow sneaks into the top 10 here after all they endured this offseason that would be a major upset in my mind.

diabsoule
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
I voted for the Packers again. They just don't impress me that much anymore.

I had a hard time not voting Packers but I think the Eagles are an injury away to being the definition of mediocre.

princefielder28
08-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Eagles for the 4th poll in a row

Xiomera
08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Eagles for the 4th poll in a row

Yeah, I've been voting for them for the past several as well.

AkiliSmith
08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I voted for the Vikings for the 3rd poll in a row. Yeah Allen was a good signing, but I don't think it automatically makes them among the best teams in the NFL. They still don't have a quarterback and their pass defense has been 32nd in the NFL for the last two seasons. And Childress looks like Dennis Rader.

Dam8610
08-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I have a hard time understanding how anyone would vote the Packers over the Eagles. Despite Brett Favre, the Packers had one of the youngest teams in the NFL last year, and they won 13 games. I don't see how that team gets much worse. I could easily, however, see how the Eagles could be just as bad or worse than their 8-8 mark last year.

ALD
08-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I voted for the Browns this time around, although the Eagles and Packers should both be off shortly as well. Just not buying Clevelands defense really impacting the game much more than they did, also I think Anderson will continue on as the second half QB we saw and not the guy in the first half were every ridiculous bomb ended up in Edwards or Winslows hands. This guy takes a lot of risks and I just don't think he's accurate enough to not get burned, a lot.

keylime_5
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Green Bay was tempting but I vote Philly. McNabb has been mediocre when he wasn't hurt, and has been hurt most the time anyhow. Not so sure about their Linebackers and they have a big ? at strong safety. Love their D-Line depth though, I think they can win 10 games but their division is tough. Didn't pick Green Bay b/c the Packers were the youngest team in the NFL last year which means they will be a year better and not regress like old teams do, and in their offense Rodgers won't have to do too much. Their team is oozing with young talent and I think their defense will be even better, and that Ryan Grant and those WRs will win them the division.

Brent
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I am not convinced by Cleveland.

bearsfan_51
08-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Who loses more games if their starting QB goes down, Philly or Green Bay?

For the record I voted for the Saints, I'm just curious.

ALD
08-13-2008, 12:14 AM

GB, I like Kolb with a year under his belt starting more than the rookie Brohm. Plus I think that the Eagles can build the offense around Brian Westbrook and let Kolb just keep defenses honest while in GB I just don't see Ryan Grant being the focal point of a highly successful offense.

iloxygenil
08-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Keep sleepin on them Falcons, that's all I got to say...we're by no stretch the worst team in the league, and will surprise people at 8-8

Michigan
08-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Voting Saints for 3rd poll in a row. Mediocre defense and inconsistent ground game.

CJSchneider
08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
If Green Bay somehow sneaks into the top 10 here after all they endured this offseason that would be a major upset in my mind.

It would also prove my theory that several members of NFLDC, SMOKE CRACK.

scottyboy
08-13-2008, 08:33 AM

Well Brohm sucks because he went to Loserville.

and the Eagles aren't as good an overall team as the Packers... but Kolb is better than Brohm.. so they'd both suck, but the Eagles would lose more as the Packers would still get to play the Lions(depending on when the injuries happened...)

bsaza2358
08-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I voted for the Saints because while their offense has potential, they still have some questions at WR2 and RB, and their defense is pretty horrendous still. The Eagles and Packers both have stronger running games, good offensive skill weapons, and much MUCH stronger defenses.

bored of education
08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
I voted the Giants because Andre Woodson should be starting but won't.

cdub11
08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
i voted for the vikings, i think they are a good team but tavaris jackson hinders them from being better than the other teams listed

Sniper
08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I voted Eagles. Brian Dawkins barely has anything in the tank. Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard are now injury-prone. McNabb is one hit away from sitting out another season and they have a shaky offensive line.

Sheldon Brown is injury prone? Since when? Because he's played every game ever since he's been in the league. I don't want to let facts get in the way of a good time or anything, but just thought I'd point that out.

Sheppard, fine, he plays most of the season though and I highly doubt he'll have as bad a year as last year, with improved health and pass rush.

And because Dawkins had a season where he got injured, now he's got nothing left in the tank? Because the year before that he had 98 tackles, 14 passes defensed, a sack, five forced fumbles, and four picks. But yeah, he's got nothing left, right?

That "shaky" offensive line paved the way for the 2nd highest yards per carry average this past year, at 4.7 ypc and the eighth most yards with 1,974. The Eagles offense had the tenth best passing offense in the league. So yeah, top 10 in both rushing yards and passing yards, and they're shaky? The only reason the Eagles offense struggled was the red zone offense.

drowe
08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
i voted vikings.
passing defense and passing offense is very suspect.
rushing offense is good..but was inconsistent last year...and rushing defense...just a hunch, but i feel that this is the year kevin and pat williams start slowing down and are no longer dominant. it's gonna happen sometime.

scottyboy
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I voted the Giants because Andre Woodson should be starting but won't.

i hate you, but I love you.

and of course we all know you're not serious about the giants being 12

keylime_5
08-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Keep sleepin on them Falcons, that's all I got to say...we're by no stretch the worst team in the league, and will surprise people at 8-8

I'm with you...but this poll seems to be 'rate the teams as they look on paper'. And even so, I think Miami looks worse on paper, but not many teams finish worst in the league two years in a row. Atlanta I think will win 5-8 games, not gonna be the worst team.

at this point in the poll we're basically voting 'who will just miss the playoffs?' I'm kinda surprised Green Bay has less votes than the Browns considering the improvements the Browns made in the offseason and the losses Green Bay took.

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I have a hard time understanding how anyone would vote the Packers over the Eagles. Despite Brett Favre, the Packers had one of the youngest teams in the NFL last year, and they won 13 games. I don't see how that team gets much worse. I could easily, however, see how the Eagles could be just as bad or worse than their 8-8 mark last year.

Not trying to be too much of a homer, but how could we be worse? We have our biggest red zone threat back in LJ, and our team is quite young as well, with vets in key positions like QB, RB, OTs, and S. We added one of the best CBs in the game. Lito is injury prone, but Sheldon not so. We have the best top 3 CBs in the NFL, and an improved pass rush, along with our young guys having more experience. I can't see how you say our O-line is weak, we have one of the best Guards in the game, and two veteran tackles that are still very good. Jamaal Jackson is a great C, and Todd Herremans is a solid LG. I don't know if you are judging our O-line off of the Giants game last year, but that is not the game to judge our line on. Especially considering that the main reason for the line looking bad that game doesn't even start, and it was his first game action in the regular season. The Packers lost Favre, and though I have a lot of confidence that Rogers will be a good QB, his first full year starting is going to be a little bit tougher than having a seasoned Favre. Right now I have the Pack at a 10-6 record, winning the north, but I really can't see how you can say the Eagles could easily be worse off than last year. Don't even try Donovan getting injured, because injuries are unpredictable.
Edit: Oh yeah, I voted Vikings, a great D and a good run game can take you far, but Tarvaris Jackson needs to improve for Minny to really have a top 10 team.

diabsoule
08-13-2008, 12:54 PM
I voted for the Saints because while their offense has potential, they still have some questions at WR2 and RB, and their defense is pretty horrendous still. The Eagles and Packers both have stronger running games, good offensive skill weapons, and much MUCH stronger defenses.

WR2? Robert Meachem, #1 pick last year, is tearing up camp and pre-season. David Patten is also having a solid camp and performed well at #2 last year. Adrian Arrington has also been lighting up camp. WR is far and away our deepest and most talented position.

RB - Sure, Deuce still has some question marks and I honestly don't think he's going to make it through the season but Pierre Thomas looked great in the last game of the season against the Bears running for over a hundred yards and catching for over a hundred yards. He has continued that into the pre-season looking better than Deuce, imo.

Our defense has gotten better. I will be the first to admit that our secondary is still weak but our front 7 has improved a lot from what it was last year. If we can generate a sustained pass rush which we are capable of doing then that will only make our secondary better.

bearsfan_51
08-13-2008, 01:25 PM

That's nice.

*pats on head*

Sniper
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Sheldon Brown is injury prone? Since when? Because he's played every game ever since he's been in the league. I don't want to let facts get in the way of a good time or anything, but just thought I'd point that out.

Sheppard, fine, he plays most of the season though and I highly doubt he'll have as bad a year as last year, with improved health and pass rush.

And because Dawkins had a season where he got injured, now he's got nothing left in the tank? Because the year before that he had 98 tackles, 14 passes defensed, a sack, five forced fumbles, and four picks. But yeah, he's got nothing left, right?

That "shaky" offensive line paved the way for the 2nd highest yards per carry average this past year, at 4.7 ypc and the eighth most yards with 1,974. The Eagles offense had the tenth best passing offense in the league. So yeah, top 10 in both rushing yards and passing yards, and they're shaky? The only reason the Eagles offense struggled was the red zone offense.

Still waiting for diab's response to this.