PDA

View Full Version : Mo Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor: Who takes the lead

Rob S
08-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I am usually pretty opinionated when it comes to NFL, but I cant really wrap my finger around the RB situation in Jax. Finding a good balance between starter and back up (when they are both so good) is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL imo. Can Jax pull it off almost perfectly again or will one of them step up and clearly take over. I am kind of leading towards MJD nailing down starter status with a great year, but I am not sure. I would like to hear some jags fans opinions about this too. Discuss.

BigJohn98
08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Fred is and will be the starter until he hangs it up.

keylime_5
08-13-2008, 10:26 AM
especially after last season. Fred is the main man, Drew has a very important role and will put up good numbers and fantasy football points, but Taylor is the starter and will get more carries.

The Unseen
08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
keylime5 and BigJohn98 said it all.

diabsoule
08-13-2008, 12:57 PM
keylime5 and BigJohn98 said it all.

Yeah. I can't see how you can really say anything else after that.

Rob S
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
but how long can Taylor start until he gets surpassed. Thats the question, how long will it be until MJD shows he is the better RB. I suppose I am in the minority but I can see it happening at the end of this season. If not now, probably next year. I know Taylor will be the starter at the beginning of this year, thats clear.

ALD
08-13-2008, 02:13 PM
but how long can Taylor start until he gets surpassed. Thats the question, how long will it be until MJD shows he is the better RB. I suppose I am in the minority but I can see it happening at the end of this season. If not now, probably next year. I know Taylor will be the starter at the beginning of this year, thats clear.

I think the question is how much longer does Fred keep playing, or at least playing at a high level. If Fred is still very effective as the starter after this season I think they'll let MJD keep working as super sub.

McBain
08-13-2008, 06:30 PM
mo jo dro

BigJohn98
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM

MJD is not a better running back than Fred right now. Better all around threat? Perhaps. Fred is playing like a top 10 running back right now. He may not have the TDs to show for it, but he is playing lights out. He still has the break away speed he had when he was younger. It seems like the older he gets, the better he gets. Like I said earlier, Fred is the starter until he retires.

JT Jag
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Although I love the guy, I'd personally stay away from Maurice in fantasy this year.

Not only will he not start, but I think Greg Jones will start stealing some of his goalline carries.

yourfavestoner
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Although I love the guy, I'd personally stay away from Maurice in fantasy this year.

Not only will he not start, but I think Greg Jones will start stealing some of his goalline carries.

I concur. I actually think MJD is going to be used more in the passing game to let him get the ball in open space. I have a feeling Greg Jones is gonna get a looooot of carries this year, especially in the fourth quarter of games. He'll be our closer.

Primetime21
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I go boating with some friends of Dirk Koetter and he came along about a month ago.

He really raved about Mo-Jo and was saying how he could get 20 TDs this year. Still sounded like he wanted to use them both.

BlindSite
08-13-2008, 10:12 PM
I think a lot of it will depend on the hot hand. I think that Taylor will start in most situations but it will be hard for the coaches to give him 20 carries or so if Drew is lighting it up and the reverse is true also.

Whomever is playing best on the day will likely see the bulk. I also think Taylor is a better pass protector which is an important factor with Garrard, the super manager at QB.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I have a feeling Greg Jones is gonna get a looooot of carries this year, especially in the fourth quarter of games. He'll be our closer.

Hopefully, I miss him trucking people =(. Especially Dexter Reid.

Cribbs>Hester
08-13-2008, 10:47 PM
When is Greg Jones contract up anyway?

yourfavestoner
08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
When is Greg Jones contract up anyway?

They just resigned him this offseason to be the highest paid fullback in the league.