19. Arizona Cardinals
18. Houston Texans
17. Buffalo Bills
16. Tennessee Titans
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Washington Redskins
13. Seattle Seahawks
12. Philadelphia Eagles

OK, for now, the title is staying the same.
Looks like we are in for an exciting vote (if nothing else) having seen what the 2nd placwe vote was looking at for the last poll.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Still calling it NFLDC preseason rankings?

voted GB

scottyboy
08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
going with the browns. Anderson's numbers were pretty bad at the end of last year, they've got some WR injuries, and I don't trust that D, especially the secondary

ALD
08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
If a Browns fan could explain to me whether Anderson's been showing better decision making in camp and how your DC intends to create pressure to cover up those inexperienced corners I'd feel much better about the browns.

Malaka
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I am going with the Browns, Derek Anderson is a ?, but who knows he could do better or worse. Then their defense, improved but not by much, trading their best Corner for a lazy DT, they also have Corey Williams who will play DE in the 3-4, so that was a good pick-up, and not replacing their corner, not to mention they already have injuries at that position. Everywhere else on their defense, is pretty average, although Kameron Wimbley, and D'Qwell Jackson are young and improving, their LB corp is still not great.

BeerBaron
08-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I went with the Packers over the Browns... I could still see the Packers coming away with a better record this season but I think the Browns are going to be the stronger team, yanno?

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Steelers just don't do it for me collectively

BeerBaron
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I've become very interested in the Vikings getting more votes than the Packers here.....

Even if you want to say how terrible Tavaris is, he does have NFL starts...something Rodgers um, does not. The Vikes blow the packers away at RB and have a good jump on the o-line imo. Even at WR, the Packers aren't so far ahead. Berrian and Rice have a lot of talent and I don't think they're too far behind Jennings and Driver. Then on D, I like the Vikings d-line better and I think any differences in the linebackers are negligible. Barnett and Hawk are good but most Packers fans will have you believe they are top 3 in the league and I just don't buy it.... And I don't the Vikes secondary is all that bad either. They were terrible against the pass last year but it was mostly due to their inability to generate any kind of pass rush whatsoever. Jared Allen, even if he takes a step back statistically, will draw double teams and should open up the Williamses.

Tavaris could totally sabotage this team but only to a point imo. They would pull him for Frerotte who could at least play "don't **** up" football and let the strengths of that team carry them.

I don't think the same could be said about Rodgers who, after that whole Favre thing, the Packers are stuck with. I think it would take a nasty injury or a Ryan Leaf level of godawfulness to see him pulled next year...

keylime_5
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
If a Browns fan could explain to me whether Anderson's been showing better decision making in camp and how your DC intends to create pressure to cover up those inexperienced corners I'd feel much better about the browns.

DA's decrease in production was due to the weather getting bad more than anything else. That's also why you saw us run a lot more and our defense put up better numbers towards the end of the season last year. I'm not worried about Anderson, I'm convinced he's the real thing, he's improved his touch and short game which will make him a better QB. With Lewis running behind that line, and with the deep threats in Stallworth and Edwards, and then Winslow in the middle you gotta think we'll put up points.

Again, on defense I'm not worried about the corners, they look awesome in camp, but depth is a huge problem. If one goes down then things will not be good back there. Run defense will be better with the 2 new DLs, we have Rogers and Williams to replace Simon Fraser and Ethan Kelley. That is a mammoth upgrade. The schedule is not as hard as it looks either. It will be tough to play the AFC South and NFC East, but Cincy, Baltimore, Buffalo, Denver, aren't that bad compared to what Pitt has. Too much offensive talent to not win 9 or more games: Thomas, Steinbach, Cribbs, Edwards, Stalloworth, WInslow, Lewis, Vickers, etc. We won 10 games last year with a total **** defense.

i vote green bay. Losing Favre will hurt. Could've went with Minnesota but I figure they'll be nasty with that defensive line and that running attack.

diabsoule
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
I voted for Minnesota. Unless they get a better QB they will remain almost a top 10 team.

I have questions about Cleveland and Pittsburgh as well.

yo123
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
This board is really overrating the Saints this offseason.

keylime_5
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I like the Saints a lot. Relatively easy schedule, 3 good RBs, great QB, good WRs, Jeremy Shockey and Sedrick Ellis and Jonathan Vilma additions, a great defensive line. They won a lot 2 years ago, should be the same kinda thing this year, bounce back. I think 10 and 11 definitely have to be the Packers and Vikings in some order or else those teams will definitely be vastly overrated on this poll. Both should probably be off the board by now.

Malaka
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
This board is really overrating the Saints this offseason.

I don't really think so, the Saints look like they put a very good team together, and with Shockey with Sean Payton, and Brees they add another offensive threat with Colston. Vilma if healthy will be great, because he is back in a 4-3. The secondary is a bit suspect, but it shouldn't be horrible. the D-line was strengthened a bit with Sedrick Ellis and Bobby McCray, along with Charles Grant, and Will Smith.

I think they are top top at around 8-9. I will vote them once the Browns and Packers are off.

ALD
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
DA's decrease in production was due to the weather getting bad more than anything else. That's also why you saw us run a lot more and our defense put up better numbers towards the end of the season last year. I'm not worried about Anderson, I'm convinced he's the real thing, he's improved his touch and short game which will make him a better QB. With Lewis running behind that line, and with the deep threats in Stallworth and Edwards, and then Winslow in the middle you gotta think we'll put up points.

Again, on defense I'm not worried about the corners, they look awesome in camp, but depth is a huge problem. If one goes down then things will not be good back there. Run defense will be better with the 2 new DLs, we have Rogers and Williams to replace Simon Fraser and Ethan Kelley. That is a mammoth upgrade. The schedule is not as hard as it looks either. It will be tough to play the AFC South and NFC East, but Cincy, Baltimore, Buffalo, Denver, aren't that bad compared to what Pitt has. Too much offensive talent to not win 9 or more games: Thomas, Steinbach, Cribbs, Edwards, Stalloworth, WInslow, Lewis, Vickers, etc. We won 10 games last year with a total **** defense.

i vote green bay. Losing Favre will hurt. Could've went with Minnesota but I figure they'll be nasty with that defensive line and that running attack.

Still no word on where you're going to get a pass rush huh. Personally I don't care how good your corners are looking if Wimbley's the only real pass rush threat. By the start of the season if the browns can't find a pass rush those corners will still get burned.

The run D should improve but if Anderson's risk taking backfires on him that secondary will get shredded with extra opportunities.

Cribbs>Hester
08-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Honestly I have no idea how we(Browns) have made it this far in the polls. We're definitely not a Top 11 team, but we will be better than Pittsburgh this year. Cleveland will win the Division at 9-7 one of the worst records and teams to make the playoffs, but it'll help build for the next year when we can add the final pieces to the puzzle on defense.

I'd vote for Pittsburgh or Cleveland. Pittsburgh because they won't be as good as us this year, but Cleveland because they should have been off the board already too.

neko4
08-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I've become very interested in the Vikings getting more votes than the Packers here.....

Even if you want to say how terrible Tavaris is, he does have NFL starts...something Rodgers um, does not. The Vikes blow the packers away at RB and have a good jump on the o-line imo. Even at WR, the Packers aren't so far ahead. Berrian and Rice have a lot of talent and I don't think they're too far behind Jennings and Driver.

Our WR cores arent even close, Berrian and Rice arent even close to Jennings and Driver and their depth isnt anything close to as good as ours. On top of that our TE is better.

And yes, Tavaris is terrible.

Then on D, I like the Vikings d-line better and I think any differences in the linebackers are negligible. Barnett and Hawk are good but most Packers fans will have you believe they are top 3 in the league and I just don't buy it.... And I don't the Vikes secondary is all that bad either. They were terrible against the pass last year but it was mostly due to their inability to generate any kind of pass rush whatsoever. Jared Allen, even if he takes a step back statistically, will draw double teams and should open up the Williamses.

Tavaris could totally sabotage this team but only to a point imo. They would pull him for Frerotte who could at least play "don't **** up" football and let the strengths of that team carry them.

I don't think the same could be said about Rodgers who, after that whole Favre thing, the Packers are stuck with. I think it would take a nasty injury or a Ryan Leaf level of godawfulness to see him pulled next year...

BeerBaron
08-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Our WR cores arent even close, Berrian and Rice arent even close to Jennings and Driver and their depth isnt anything close to as good as ours. On top of that our TE is better.

And yes, Tavaris is terrible.

well...first...its "corps" but c'mon now, Jennings has had 1 great season and Driver isn't the youngest fellow around....I still said you had the edge but I don't think its by a whole lot.

Smooth Criminal
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
I went with the Packers. I dont know why but I don't trust Aaron Rodgers. I don't think the offense will be the same without Favre.

Jughead10
08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I went with the Packers.

I thought last year was a flash in the pan last effort for Favre. I still think it was and the Jets aren't going to get what they think they are. Can Rodgers be better than Brett last year? Probably not. Can he even be better than Brett was the year before? They better hope.

Corners can be exploited by good offenses. We've seen that time and time again. And what about Ryan Grant. Has to prove to me he can do it again. This means nothing really, but I've seen where he has been ranked in fantasy, absolutely ridiculous in my mind. He very well could do it again, or he could just as easily be garbage.

The Dynasty
08-14-2008, 02:07 AM
I went with the packers.

They seems to be ride the backs of young players who have either had 1 good year or haven't started a game yet. Aaron Rodgers has never started a game in the NFL. Yes he looked good in the Dallas game last year but When you don't look at game film of the Back up QB because You don't think Brett "NFL Ironman" Favre wont get injured, and they wont perform as well against a guy they have never seen. Then with the Preseason game He played the Bengals who had a very disappointing defense as of Last year and from the look I wouldn't say it improved that much. As for Ryan Grant he only played 10 games and looked good but its only 10 games. Ill agree that the WR Corp in Green Bay is better than the Vikings but I wouldnt put them Miles ahead. Jennings and Driver are good but How much of there success in the past years are because of Brett Favre? That is something questionable imo. There Defense is good. There DB Corps and LB Corps are Top Notch but trading away Corey Williams may hurt them in the DT area.

As for the Vikings, Yes I know everyone is going to vote against them for the one reason of Tarvaris Jackson. He has played a total of 16 games and his options have been Troy Williamson, Travis Taylor, and Bobby Wade. Along with Visthane Shaincoe. Not many QB's Would be successful with that group of Receivers. Yes Adrian Peterson and the Run Defensive lead the team last year to an 8-8 season. But with Tarvaris in the Line up we were 8-4 and 0-4 with out him. He looked sharp so far in Preseason against the Seahawks. Going 8-11 and 118 Yards passing and 1TD and No INTS. With the acquisitions of Jared Allen and Bernard Berrian, they could be only beneficial in helping us this year.

Addict
08-14-2008, 02:24 AM
I voted for the Saints. for me it was between the Saints, Steelers and Vikings and I really think the Saints will do worse than those two.

djp
08-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Saints....

eaglesfan_45
08-14-2008, 03:55 AM
It has to be the Packers, They have a new QB and there is no garuntee that he will pick up where Farve left off. Ryan Grant is a one year wonder as of now and I want to see him perform at a high level again before I give him 100% credit. Al Harris is poised for a break-down year. Overall, I'm not impressed by the Packers.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2008, 06:37 AM
I voted Vikes again, for the same reasons as before,

drowe
08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Vikings.
their relying on one half of a good o-line and an injury prone running back and a front 4 on defense that MIGHT have already past their peak. every other aspect has serious question marks.

cdub11
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Vikings again for me, good team but Tavaris Jackson keeps them from being better than the rest on the list

OzTitan
08-14-2008, 08:56 AM
lol, who voted for the Chargers?

BTW I voted for the Browns. DA was not so good against top half D's last season except one game against the Steelers I think and while they've had a good on paper offseason, I'm not a fan of teams shooting up rankings because of on paper expectations.

princefielder28
08-14-2008, 09:02 AM
lol, who voted for the Chargers?

BTW I voted for the Browns. DA was not so good against top half D's last season except one game against the Steelers I think and while they've had a good on paper offseason, I'm not a fan of teams shooting up rankings because of on paper expectations.

njx9 voted for the Chargers

scottyboy
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
lol and of course 2 eagles fans, a cowboys fan, a dumb lame loser and some guy I never heard of voted for the Giants...

ALD
08-14-2008, 12:41 PM
lol and of course 2 eagles fans, a cowboys fan, a dumb lame loser and some guy I never heard of voted for the Giants...

Come on, does it really shock you? We're always going to be the underdogs, that's why i love the gmen. We could win the next 3 superbowls and still not be considered elite.

princefielder28
08-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Wow, the Packers have taken over the top spot

BeerBaron
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow, the Packers have taken over the top spot

and rightfully so imo.

ALD
08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Browns, Packers and Saints are my next 3 to go.

Rob S
08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Vikings for me

Cribbs>Hester
08-14-2008, 03:11 PM
When does this poll end? It was the closest race so far, but it looks like the Packers are stretching it out some all the sudden.

drowe
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
i think the viking fans conspired to push the packers over the top :)

BeerBaron
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM

i think the packers might be right up there with the cowboys for the most numerous fans on the board, so i think that'd be tough, lol.

enough people just (rightfully) believe the Packers are a weaker team all around. I think they overachieved a little last year so if they take a slight step back from that plus, I think its pretty much a foregone conclusion that they have to take a step back going from a HoF QB to one with no starting experience. Thats pretty much undeniable barring a godlike performance out of Rodgers

bored of education
08-14-2008, 04:32 PM
I would vote the Chiefs, but somone forgot to put them on in the poll!!!!

Dr. Gonzo
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Considering only two Vikings fans voted for the Packers it appears you are wrong.