PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Carpenter

Bearsfan123
08-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I would like to know more about him. If anyone who watches him could give me a scouting report I would greatly appreciate it. All i've seen from him was that woeful USC game.

Here are the rumors I've heard though.
-hes extremely emotional
-he takes too many sacks
-he has first round ability
-hes injury prone
-he hasnt had alot to work with

jared
08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I would like to know more about him. If anyone who watches him could give me a scouting report I would greatly appreciate it. All i've seen from him was that woeful USC game.

Here are the rumors I've heard though.
-hes extremely emotional
-he takes too many sacks
-he has first round ability
-hes injury prone
-he hasnt had alot to work with

I've seen a lot of Rudy. I'm not a QB coach but I was a season ticket holder last year and will be again this year.

-He is emotional. "Fiery" seems to be the most used adjective. He definitely has a competitive spirit and a strong desire to win. I think guys rally around that.

-Last year ASU gave up the second highest number of sacks in Div1A (after Notre Dame). Some of that was bad line play, some of it was Rudy holding on to the ball too long.

-I don't think he's a first rounder because of his size and armstrength. He really doesn't have any 'wow' measurables...heart I guess.

-He's not injury prone. He's one tough SOB. He took a LOT of big shots last season and kept getting up. He will take a hit for the team.

-False. At least last season with the emergence of McGaha, Jones, and Kyle Williams. Before that he had Zach Miller. I think our receivers are outstanding and among the best in the Pac-10 (I would put our receivers' hands up against about any team in the nation). With a second year in the offense and a slightly more creative playbook, Rudy should thrive this season.

+
Very tough, decent pocket maneuverability, uber-competitive, experienced (been starting since midway through his freshman year), and generally efficient passer, he knows what it's like to see a pass rush...

-
None of his physical tools really stand out, he holds on to the ball too long, stares down his receivers too much, makes throws sometimes that leave you scratching your head

Overall: I think he'll be even better this year. He was really starting to click with McGaha toward the end of last season. WR corps is deep and dangerous and a more open playbook should make up for inexperience on the OL. Rudy's still maturing, but I see him as anywhere from a 2nd-5th rounder depending on how he does this year.

Bearsfan123
08-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Interesting, thanks.

Clayton89
08-21-2008, 04:28 AM
good college qb but I watched a few ASU from last year on FSN and when I watched him play he hardly ever has his feet set for a throw and just seems to have happy feet. Then again i guess its to be expected for someone who got sacked as much as he did

fenikz
08-21-2008, 04:35 AM
he is a great QB besides being too emotional, often when he is rattled ASU has to take what is now called tissue timeouts for him

Clayton89
08-21-2008, 04:49 AM
he is a great QB besides being too emotional, often when he is rattled ASU has to take what is now called tissue timeouts for him

hhahaha holy sheet that is pretty funny