14. Washington Redskins
13. Seattle Seahawks
12. Philadelphia Eagles
11. Green Bay Packers
10. Minnesota Vikings

Only 9 spots left, who will be next?

Geo
08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
The Steelers. The Browns may have a poor pass defense, but at least they are stouter up front on both sides of the ball, Anderson isn't in danger of being injured yet again in his career.

Job
08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
The Browns are not a top 8 team. Time for them to go.

eaglesfan_45
08-15-2008, 09:52 PM

cosigned (10 char)

Geo
08-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Hmm, in retrospect, I probably should have voted for the Saints. Forgot about them, oh well.

CJSchneider
08-15-2008, 09:55 PM

I agree.
P.S. I love your book in the Bible.

eaglesfan_45
08-15-2008, 10:04 PM
tehehe! I learned how to do this!

jackalope
08-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I accidentally voted Chargers instead of New Orleans.

princefielder28
08-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Steelers FTW

BeerBaron
08-15-2008, 10:56 PM

the steelers and browns are really too close to tell but I think some of the inconsistencies and question marks around the Saints keep them behind both of those teams.

Again, I voted Saints.

CJSchneider
08-15-2008, 11:00 PM
I accidentally voted Chargers instead of New Orleans.

duely noted

The Dynasty
08-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Saints. Yes they have a good offense but Reggie Bush hasn't proved himself. Deuce has been hurt and we don't know he will be when he comes back. The Defense everyone on here seems to be good since they got Ellis and Vilma. The Secondary could be still be a iffy spot of the defense and Vilma is also coming off an Injury and who knows. Same with Shockey. Browns I think are a little better for the reason the Competition they are facing in the AFC North is a lot better than what the Saints face in NFC South and they performed better last year and had just as good off season as the Saints.

PoopSandwich
08-15-2008, 11:36 PM
I have a hard time putting NO ahead of Cleveland

A.) Because im a Browns fan (obviously.)

B.) NO didn't play good last year.

C.) They didn't really add that much to help their biggest needs.

D.) They play in the NFC South.

diabsoule
08-16-2008, 12:14 AM
I have a hard time putting NO ahead of Cleveland

A.) Because im a Browns fan (obviously.)

B.) NO didn't play good last year.

C.) They didn't really add that much to help their biggest needs.

D.) They play in the NFC South.

They brought in Randall *** and Tracy Porter. Aside from Asante Samuel there wasn't that much to go after in FA.

And that has to do with what? Your Browns have a tougher schedule this season and the Saints had more impact players come to their team than the Brownies.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh (lack of O-line) both deserve to go off the board before the Saints.

yodabear
08-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Browns and Saints need to go in the next 2 polls, that is all.

BeerBaron
08-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Browns and Saints need to go in the next 2 polls, that is all.

followed again quickly by the steelers and giants

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Again...my Browns are no where near a Top 10 team, but again the Steelers are a much far interior team than Cleveland, so again I am going to vote for the Steelers.

You people are ridiculous if you think Pittsburgh is a Top 8 team. What a worthless joke.

eaglesfan_45
08-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Again...my Browns are no where near a Top 10 team, but again the Steelers are a much far interior team than Cleveland, so again I am going to vote for the Steelers.

You people are ridiculous if you think Pittsburgh is a Top 8 team. What a worthless joke.

How are they far inferior? They made the playoffs last year you didn't.

They have an established star in Big Ben, DA isn't garunteed to repeat what he did.

Heath Miller is a better all around TE than Kellen Winslow who is by far the better pass catching TE.

The Steelers have good WRs just like the Browns:
Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed = Braylon Edwards, Donte Stallworth, Joe Jerivicous

The Browns have a better o-line but don't think that the Steelers line is made up of scrubs, they're still in the top half of the league. Joe Thomas isn't garunteed to repeat either and the Steelers have a really underrated LT in Marvel Smith.

The Steelers have the better defense, don't think losing Casey Hampton will slow them down because it won't, Hoke is a capable NT. The Steelers have the edge at LB and in the defensive backfield.

I love the fact that the Browns are on their way up but, to say they're better than the perennial contender isn't correct. I'll believe it when I see the Browns beat the Steelers, but until then the Steelers are not the inferior.

Strongside
08-16-2008, 03:47 AM
The Steelers have the better defense, don't think losing Casey Hampton will slow them down because it won't, Hoke is a capable NT. The Steelers have the edge at LB and in the defensive backfield.

They didn't lose Casey, he's back at an incredibly slim 340 pounds.

Addict
08-16-2008, 03:52 AM
I voted Saints, IMO after this it's steelers, browns, jaguars. In that order.

eaglesfan_45
08-16-2008, 03:55 AM
They didn't lose Casey, he's back at an incredibly slim 340 pounds.

I know but wasn't he put on the PUP because he couldn't pass an endurance test because he showed up to camp at nearly 400 lbs.?

Strongside
08-16-2008, 04:03 AM
I know but wasn't he put on the PUP because he couldn't pass an endurance test because he showed up to camp at nearly 400 lbs.?

Yeah he was like 365, but he did conditioning drills all camp and now he's back at 340. He played yesterday against the Bills.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080804/capt.64b550e815524359a6987f5ee4fa5fa0.steelers_ham pton_football_paks101.jpg

Addict
08-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Yeah he was like 365, but he did conditioning drills all camp and now he's back at 340. He played yesterday against the Bills.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080804/capt.64b550e815524359a6987f5ee4fa5fa0.steelers_ham pton_football_paks101.jpg

fat man scoop?

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 08:54 AM
How are they far inferior? They made the playoffs last year you didn't.

They have an established star in Big Ben, DA isn't garunteed to repeat what he did.

Heath Miller is a better all around TE than Kellen Winslow who is by far the better pass catching TE.

Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed = Braylon Edwards, Donte Stallworth, Joe Jerivicous

The Browns have a better o-line but don't think that the Steelers line is made up of scrubs, they're still in the top half of the league. Joe Thomas isn't garunteed to repeat either and the Steelers have a really underrated LT in Marvel Smith.

I love the fact that the Browns are on their way up but, to say they're better than the perennial contender isn't correct. I'll believe it when I see the Browns beat the Steelers, but until then the Steelers are not the inferior.

1. That was last year it is a new year we are a year better and they are a year older.

2. Derek Anderson out played Ben for the majority of last year and I don't see why he can't agian.

3. Is just a god awful attempt at a joke. Steve Heiden is a far superior blocker than Miller and Winslow who is underrated at blocking is a far superior athlete, football player and catcher. Together the Steelers don't field 3 TE's better than our first two.

4. Edwards>Ward, Stallworth>Holmes hahah Limas Sweed??? Rooks going no where fast. Yay lets bank greatness on all of our rookies woooooohooooo

5. Steelers line was a revolving door last year, and they lost their best player then uses a transition tag on someone who can't even step up and start this year, and no Marvel Smith is overrated. I see him abused far too many times. He should move inside or something bc he can run block, but that is about it.

6. The Steelers D-Line is another year older, ours is fresh and will out play them hands down. They are better on the outside with Harrison, but Wimbley has all the potential in the world to break out and make us better. They lost veteran leadership in Clark Haggan and that will hurt. The secondary is about the same. Both shaky at CB and stable at S. Troy P is better than anyone, but Jones and Pool together are better than the 2 combined in Pittsburgh. It doesn't matter though bc both front 7's will make both secondaries look better.

7. It's called a changing of the guard and it's happening this year.

Strongside
08-16-2008, 10:49 AM
2. Derek Anderson out played Ben for the majority of last year and I don't see why he can't agian.

Really? That's news to me.

3. Is just a god awful attempt at a joke. Steve Heiden is a far superior blocker than Miller and Winslow who is underrated at blocking is a far superior athlete, football player and catcher. Together the Steelers don't field 3 TE's better than our first two.

Wait so Heiden, a run blocking TE is better then Miller at run blocking, and Winslow your pass catching TE is better then Miller at pass catching? Okay I guess that's right, but Miller is great at run blocking and receiving, and that's more then you can say about any ONE Brown TE.

4. Edwards>Ward, Stallworth>Holmes hahah Limas Sweed??? Rooks going no where fast. Yay lets bank greatness on all of our rookies woooooohooooo

Overall I would say the Browns do have have a better receiving corps, but it's pretty damn close. I would say also say Holmes is better than Stallworth.

5. Steelers line was a revolving door last year, and they lost their best player then uses a transition tag on someone who can't even step up and start this year, and no Marvel Smith is overrated. I see him abused far too many times. He should move inside or something bc he can run block, but that is about it.

The Steeler's line problems are overblown. Our line isn't that bad and Roethlisberger brings a lot of sacks on himself.

6. The Steelers D-Line is another year older, ours is fresh and will out play them hands down. They are better on the outside with Harrison, but Wimbley has all the potential in the world to break out and make us better. They lost veteran leadership in Clark Haggan and that will hurt. The secondary is about the same. Both shaky at CB and stable at S. Troy P is better than anyone, but Jones and Pool together are better than the 2 combined in Pittsburgh. It doesn't matter though bc both front 7's will make both secondaries look better.

Clark Haggans is easily replaced this year with a better player.

Did you just say their pass defenses are about the same? Really? The 3rd PD in the league, with our starting FS returning, and an improved pass rush vs. the 24th PD in the league who lost their best corner??

Week 2 can't come soon enough.

Addict
08-16-2008, 10:58 AM

Week 2 can't come soon enough.

ok lovebirds: after week 2, if the Browns win, Strongside makes a thread called: "Cribbs > Hester was right, I am an idiot: Steelers lost to Browns" and the other way around, if the Steelers win, Cribbs > Hester makes a thread called "Strongside was right, I am an idiot: Browns lost to Steelers".

Deal?

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Steeler fans are all the same...over confident, cocky and anyone who wears their jersey is somehow automatically a superstar(just like Cowboys fans). I wouldn't even be surprise if you're just anything front runner who actually lives in Ohio, but couldn't stick by the Browns when we got our team stolen and then had to rebuild from scratch something Pittsbugh fans would never be able to handle.

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 11:02 AM
ok lovebirds: after week 2, if the Browns win, Strongside makes a thread called: "Cribbs > Hester was right, I am an idiot: Steelers lost to Browns" and the other way around, if the Steelers win, Cribbs > Hester makes a thread called "Strongside was right, I am an idiot: Browns lost to Steelers".

Deal?

How about we make that on the Division title???

Pittsburgh is going to beat Cleveland once this year and Cleveland will beat Pittsburgh once. I just don't know if we will play better at home or on the road.

Make it the Divison title and I'll make it a deal.

Addict
08-16-2008, 11:05 AM
How about we make that on the Division title???

Pittsburgh is going to beat Cleveland once this year and Cleveland will beat Pittsburgh once. I just don't know if we will play better at home or on the road.

Make it the Divison title and I'll make it a deal.

that's fine by me.

Strongside
08-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm game 10 char

Gay Ork Wang
08-16-2008, 11:16 AM
In the end the bengals claim the crown!

BeerBaron
08-16-2008, 11:20 AM
In the end the bengals claim the crown!

would anyone else be not overly surprised by that? I wouldn't be too too shocked if that happened....Keith Rivers would probably have to play out of his damned mind to make that defense worthy but if Pittsburgh and Cleveland beat the crap out of eachother and their tough schedules haunt them, its not out of the realm of possibility....

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 11:26 AM
would anyone else be not overly surprised by that? I wouldn't be too too shocked if that happened....Keith Rivers would probably have to play out of his damned mind to make that defense worthy but if Pittsburgh and Cleveland beat the crap out of eachother and their tough schedules haunt them, its not out of the realm of possibility....

How do people keep using this tough schedule crap against the Browns when talking about Pitt and not Pitt and Cleveland when it comes to the Bengals??? Do you guys not know that EVERYONE IN THE NORTH PLAYS THE SAME TEAMS MINUS 2 GAMES???

Pittburgh :: New England, San Diego
Cleveland :: Buffalo, Denver
Cincinnati :: New York, Kansas City
Baltimore :: Miami, Oakland

That is the only differences in all four teams schedules. Clev, Cincy and Balt have similar challanges while Pitt has far and away the toughest two games.

Addict
08-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Allright.

Now with a little help. I think I got the best way to do this.

A) the premiss is that either the Browns or Steelers win the division.

B) Strongside represents Steelers, Cribbs>Hester represents the Browns.

C) if Steelers win division, Cribbs>Hester will sport a signature that says something in the lines of: "Strongside was right, Browns suck" for the period superbowl - week 1 of regular season.

D) if Browns win division, Strongside will sport a signature that says something in the lines of: "Cribbs>Hester was right, Steelers suck" for the period superbowl - week 1 of regular season.

E) A faillure to comply to C (in the case of Cribbs>Hester) or D (in the case of Strongside) will result in a rep rape the likes of which have not been seen on these boards before.

Agreed?

Gay Ork Wang
08-16-2008, 11:37 AM
How do people keep using this tough schedule crap against the Browns when talking about Pitt and not Pitt and Cleveland when it comes to the Bengals??? Do you guys not know that EVERYONE IN THE NORTH PLAYS THE SAME TEAMS MINUS 2 GAMES???

That is the only differences in all four teams schedules. Clev, Cincy and Balt have similar challanges while Pitt has far and away the toughest two games.
there is only like a small difference between Buffalo and denver and the Jets and KC...

BeerBaron
08-16-2008, 11:41 AM

you don't think I know how the schedule works? Do not EVER call into question things like that with me. Freaking out about nothing....

Lets say for the sake of argument that each of teams loses to Indy, Jax and Tennessee. 3 losses to each north team. Then lets say the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants each get the best of the North teams. Thats about worst case scenario for the hard schedule.

Now, since each have those 6 losses, who has it easier beyond that? I think Cincy is much more likely to be able to beat NY and KC than Cleveland and Pittsburgh are their teams based on last years placement in the division.

And we can even take it further and say Cleveland and Pittsburgh each beat eachother once. And Cincy can even steal games from them too, lets not forget how that can happen pretty easily....

So if all the worst case scenarios play out based on the difficulty of the schedules, Cincy's 2 games vs. KC and NY could put them over the top in the division.

So thank you for freaking out and calling into question my intelligence and knowledge of football based on some mere speculation that Cincy could win that division......

Sniper
08-16-2008, 11:43 AM

Not even close. Braylon wins this by himself.

BeerBaron
08-16-2008, 11:52 AM

I think it goes about like this to be honest...

Braylon > Santonio & Hines > Stallworth & healthy Jurevicious > Steelers other receivers > Browns other receivers

I think its even hard to even give it based on TE because while Winslow is great, Miller is everything the Steelers need him to be and then some. Steelers games are the ones I see the most thanks to where I live and Heath is always making plays....very very underrated around the league imo.

So I think its close but I'd still give it to the browns

diabsoule
08-16-2008, 11:55 AM
This is turning into the AFC North thread.

AkiliSmith
08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
The Steelers have owned the Browns for years. The Steeler's offense is not quite as explosive as the Browns, but that's not their game. Also Holmes is a very underrated player, he is going to have a huge season. Not as good as Edwards, but a lot better than Stallworth. Also I would argue Ward > Stallworth and win. The Steeler's defense is at least 3 times better than the Browns in every facet.

I hate both teams, and hope they finish in a tie for last with Baltimore, but the Steelers are definitely the better team.

Addict
08-16-2008, 11:58 AM
This is turning into the AFC North thread.

don't matter. i'd like to see Strongside and Cribbs>Hester put their sigs where their mouth is.

Sniper
08-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I think it goes about like this to be honest...

Braylon > Santonio & Hines > Stallworth & healthy Jurevicious > Steelers other receivers > Browns other receivers

I think its even hard to even give it based on TE because while Winslow is great, Miller is everything the Steelers need him to be and then some. Steelers games are the ones I see the most thanks to where I live and Heath is always making plays....very very underrated around the league imo.

So I think its close but I'd still give it to the browns

Hines Ward averaged 10.3 ypc last year. That's beyond pathetic for a #1 receiver. (71-732-7). As the #3 or #4 option for the Pats last year, Stallworth put up 46-697-3. So, he almost outdid Ward as the third or fourth option. Stallworth>Ward

AkiliSmith
08-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Hines Ward averaged 10.3 ypc last year. That's beyond pathetic for a #1 receiver. (71-732-7). As the #3 or #4 option for the Pats last year, Stallworth put up 46-697-3. So, he almost outdid Ward as the third or fourth option. Stallworth>Ward

I hate defending the Steelers, but here I go:

- Ward has never been a high YPC player. In fact, his highest YPC in his career is 14.1 (not counting his rookie season in which he only had 15 receptions).
- Also Holmes received a majority of the catches last season, and I think most fans would agree he was the #1 receiver.
- Ward played the season with a bum knee, but still put up better numbers than Stallworth.
- Even in a down season Ward scored 7 touchdowns, only 1 less than Stallworth's career high.
- Stallworth has had one season in which he had over 900 yards, Ward has averaged 1,060 yards a season since 2001.
- Stallworth has never played an entire season in his 6 seasons in the NFL.
- Stallworth is on his 4th team in 4 years.
- Stallworth is 27 and Ward is 32, yet Ward has put up far superior numbers every season.
- Ward is one of in not the best blocking receiver in the NFL.
- Ward is the locker room leader of the Steeler offense, maybe even the team.

Ward > Stallworth and it's not even close.

Sniper
08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
- Ward has never been a high YPC player. In fact, his highest YPC in his career is 14.1 (not counting his rookie season in which he only had 15 receptions).
- Also Holmes received a majority of the catches last season, and I think most fans would agree he was the #1 receiver.
- Ward played the season with a bum knee, but still put up better numbers than Stallworth.
- Even in a down season Ward scored 7 touchdowns, only 1 less than Stallworth's career high.
- Stallworth has had one season in which he had over 900 yards, Ward has averaged 1,060 yards a season since 2001.
- Stallworth has never played an entire season in his 6 seasons in the NFL.
- Stallworth is on his 4th team in 4 years.
- Stallworth is 27 and Ward is 32, yet Ward has put up far superior numbers every season.
- Ward is one of in not the best blocking receiver in the NFL.
- Ward is the locker room leader of the Steeler offense, maybe even the team.

Ward > Stallworth and it's not even close.

So we should excuse his piss poor YPC? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I would hope Ward would put up better numbers, considering he was the #1 and Stallworth was a 3 or 4 in New England.

I'd be willing to bet Stallworth out-produces Ward this year.

AkiliSmith
08-16-2008, 12:51 PM
So we should excuse his piss poor YPC? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I would hope Ward would put up better numbers, considering he was the #1 and Stallworth was a 3 or 4 in New England.

I'd be willing to bet Stallworth out-produces Ward this year.

New England threw 144 more passes than Pittsburgh, and Ward was the number 2 receiver.

So Ward caught more balls, had more yards, and more touchdowns as the #2 receiver in a run oriented offense. Stallworth was the #3 in an extremely pass happy offense, caught less balls, had less yards, and scored less touchdowns. The only thing Stallworth had better was YPC, so that makes him a better player? They play two different types of games, Ward the possession and physical receiver, Stallworth the speedy deep threat. Of course his YPC will be higher.

Smooth Criminal
08-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I think its time for the Browns to go. They look great on offense but if Anderson can't play like he did last year or Lewis cant have another huge year they could falter. Plus the defense looks weak, particularly in the secondary and some of the linebackers. We dont know how Williams and Rodgers will play in the 3-4, particularly Williams as an end. Rodgers has been known to be lazy, overweight and take plays off, not what you want in your nose tackle.

Saints were my next choice. Not enough on defense.

Smooth Criminal
08-16-2008, 12:56 PM

I'll take the Steelers top 4 over the Browns top 4. Esspecially with the injury to Jurevicious. No doubt Edwards is the best on either team, but as a group I'll take the Steelers.

MetSox17
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
How in the world are the Browns still up here =/

scottyboy
08-16-2008, 01:03 PM
When Ray Rice breaks every rushing record ever(except fumbles) and the Ravens win the AFC North, I'll make a thread and dance. And I'll win. the end

Smooth Criminal
08-16-2008, 01:08 PM
How in the world are the Browns still up here =/

Incredibly overrated cause Anderson had a good year against bad defenses.

The Browns havn't once beaten a good team. The only playoff team they beat last year was Seattle, in Cleveland.

They're in for a shock playing teams like Dallas, Indy, Jacksonville, and NYG this year.

AkiliSmith
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
When Ray Rice breaks every rushing record ever(except fumbles) and the Ravens win the AFC North, I'll make a thread and dance. And I'll win. the end

Didn't the winless Dolphins beat the Ravens last season? :D

scottyboy
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Didn't the winless Dolphins beat the Ravens last season? :D

did the Ravens have Ray Rice last year?

Sniper
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
New England threw 144 more passes than Pittsburgh, and Ward was the number 2 receiver.

So Ward caught more balls, had more yards, and more touchdowns as the #2 receiver in a run oriented offense. Stallworth was the #3 in an extremely pass happy offense, caught less balls, had less yards, and scored less touchdowns. The only thing Stallworth had better was YPC, so that makes him a better player? They play two different types of games, Ward the possession and physical receiver, Stallworth the speedy deep threat. Of course his YPC will be higher.

Except Ward was targeted 113 times, Stallworth 75. I would certainly hope he'd have more catches, yards, TDs.

AkiliSmith
08-16-2008, 01:15 PM
did the Ravens have Ray Rice last year?

True

They do have a shot at going undefeated now

Go_Eagles77
08-16-2008, 01:26 PM

That's impossible as long as Brian Leonard is in the league.

Sniper
08-16-2008, 01:41 PM
That's impossible as long as Mike Hart is in the league.

Fixed that for you.

BackwoodsBoy
08-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Apparently none of you guys have ever heard of Maurice Jones Drew. Thats right little mans taking over the NFL.

BackwoodsBoy
08-16-2008, 01:54 PM
My brother told me to join this site because some actually believes the Bengals are going to win the division. I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan, and it ticks him off all the time, so I say right on bro right on. Down with the Steriod champions in Pittburgh, the arrogant Ratbirds and the Cleveland Browns...down with them all it's our turn.

Oh and btw how come when it asked me for a referer I typed in Cribbs>Hester, my brother who did infact refer me to this site, it kept saying "invalid referer" or something like that.

Sniper
08-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Apparently none of you guys have ever heard of Maurice Jones Drew. Thats right little mans taking over the NFL.

My brother told me to join this site because some actually believes the Bengals are going to win the division. I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan, and it ticks him off all the time, so I say right on bro right on. Down with the Steriod champions in Pittburgh, the arrogant Ratbirds and the Cleveland Browns...down with them all it's our turn.

Oh and btw how come when it asked me for a referer I typed in Cribbs>Hester, my brother who did infact refer me to this site, it kept saying "invalid referer" or something like that.

Ooooo boy this is going to be fun.

Gay Ork Wang
08-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Where did anyone say that he believes the Bengals are going to win

Bengalsrocket
08-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Where did anyone say that he believes the Bengals are going to win

I don't believe anyone has actually said they think the Bengals are going to win. But as a fan of the team, I have to hope we're not completely out of the race already. My particular angst with the situation is how quick the browns fans are to shove the Bengals and Ravens out of the AFCN discussion when they've only had 1 good year (in which they didn't even make the play offs).

I'm not trying to discredit them or anything, but there have been numerous teams that have posted winning record seasons and even made the play offs, but did not return to that same form. For example, the Bengals in 05' posted an 11-5 record and won the division; yet we didn't repeat that success in 06'.

Dam8610
08-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm not trying to discredit them or anything, but there have been numerous teams that have posted winning record seasons and even made the play offs, but did not return to that same form. For example, the Bengals in 05' posted an 11-5 record and won the division; yet we didn't repeat that success in 06'.

If the Browns lose Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams forever after about 5 games of the season, they'll fail as well. David Pollack and Odell Thurman are why the Bengals failed in 2006.

keylime_5
08-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Incredibly overrated cause Anderson had a good year against bad defenses.

The Browns havn't once beaten a good team. The only playoff team they beat last year was Seattle, in Cleveland.

They're in for a shock playing teams like Dallas, Indy, Jacksonville, and NYG this year.

10 wins in the NFL is 10 wins in the NFL.

Geo
08-16-2008, 05:35 PM
A look back on the Cleveland Browns' schedule last year:

vs PIT L 7-34
vs CIN W 51-45
@ OAK L 24-26
vs BAL W 27-13
@ NE L 17-34
vs MIA W 41-31
bye
@ STL W 27-20
vs SEA W 33-30
@ PIT L 28-31
@ BAL W 33-30
vs HOU W 27-17
@ ARI L 21-27
@ NYJ W 24-18
vs BUF W 8-0
@ CIN L 14-19
vs SF W 20-7

All Browns fans should look at that schedule before whining and cursing out Dungy and the Colts for not winning their Week 17 game last season. But that might require a modicum of sense.

Addict
08-16-2008, 05:50 PM
no takers on the page 2 challenge?

Dam8610
08-16-2008, 06:01 PM

Sounds good, I wonder if either will take it?

keylime_5
08-16-2008, 06:16 PM
A look back on the Cleveland Browns' schedule last year:

vs PIT L 7-34
vs CIN W 51-45
@ OAK L 24-26
vs BAL W 27-13
@ NE L 17-34
vs MIA W 41-31
bye
@ STL W 27-20
vs SEA W 33-30
@ PIT L 28-31
@ BAL W 33-30
vs HOU W 27-17
@ ARI L 21-27
@ NYJ W 24-18
vs BUF W 8-0
@ CIN L 14-19
vs SF W 20-7

All Browns fans should look at that schedule before whining and cursing out Dungy and the Colts for not winning their Week 17 game last season. But that might require a modicum of sense.

Guess what, Seattle was the only good team Pittsburgh beat too aside from us. Of course they beat Cleveland and won the division, that will be the difference this year too - who wins those 2 PIT/CLE games, I think we got over the hump in that matchup finally.

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 06:16 PM

I already said it's a deal so long as its the divisional crown.

I'm not going to put it all on one game because I know the two are going to split the season series.

Addict
08-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I already said it's a deal so long as its the divisional crown.

I'm not going to put it all on one game because I know the two are going to split the season series.

Yeah I know, but the stakes were changed, instead of a threat it's a sig. If you read it back and are okay with it, I'll put the link in my sig.

Cribbs>Hester
08-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Clevelannd(9-7)(3-3):
Wins:
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Washington
Philadelphia
Denver
Buffalo
Tennessee
Houston

Loses:
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Dallas
New YorkG

Pittsburgh(8-8)(4-2):
Wins:
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Baltimore
Washington
Philadelphia
Tennessee
Houston

Loses:
Cleveland
Baltimore
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Dallas
New YorkG
New England
San Diego

Cleveland wins the Divisional Crown

Addict
08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
lol I think we should make this a seperate thread. Just put it out there for anyone else convinced.

Oh C>H, if Strongside is still in, this one's on.

Strongside
08-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh I'm still in

Unbiased
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Did you just say their pass defenses are about the same? Really? The 3rd PD in the league, with our starting FS returning, and an improved pass rush vs. the 24th PD in the league who lost their best corner??

Probably the point I agree with the most, but I'd put the Browns one spot ahead of the Steelers in this 32 team power poll.

The Browns have one of the best offensive lines in the league and their defensive front, although all new (sans Robaire) is very appealing. Their secondary needs help as you eluded to, but overall, the Browns are slightly the better team in my opinion.

BeerBaron
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
At this point, I'd let one of the Browns or Saints get to 30 votes, then make them the next 2 teams in the lineup. No sense in doing the very next one since there are such clear cut #1 and #2 teams in this poll.

Strongside
08-16-2008, 09:26 PM
We should do another run-off thread