PDA

View Full Version : Bengals v. Lions

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Hoping for Chris Perry to start, as well as the Jurassic line with the 1st team.

Not sure if Rudi is going to play. I'd like to see Rivers start with Johnson at SLB but I haven't heard anything on that end.

Lets see what Marvin White does. Not sure if I'll be on during the game but I'll definitely be on afterwards.

themaninblack
08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm going to this game after I get done with football so I won't be on til later. I thought Rudi was for sure playing in this game?

StripedWalrus
08-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know what channel this game will broadcast on...is it a local channel...or is ESPN taking it again?

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Last I heard he "probably" was going to play. You know how Marvin is... That was a couple of days ago though and I haven't seen anything confirming he'll play, I'm sure there is.

It's on Channel 12 at game time, replay on FSN-OH at midnight.

BRAVEHEART
08-17-2008, 02:49 PM
This should be a good test for the Lions first team secondary and D-line. I wish I could watch the game.

themaninblack
08-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Anybody for the Lions not playing tonight? like big timers?

I wanna see how our secondary does against Calvin and Roy Williams if he's playing.

BRAVEHEART
08-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Anybody for the Lions not playing tonight? like big timers?

I wanna see how our secondary does against Calvin and Roy Williams if he's playing.

I don't think so, everybody important is going to be playing this game...I'm pretty sure. The only person I can think who might miss the game is Edwin Mulatalo (SP?) but I heard he's gonna play aswell.

familyguy555
08-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah every first teamer will go.

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Good to hear, get to see how our guys stack up on both ends. It'll be interesting to watch what your WR's do against our CB's in man-to-man/press, definitely a good test.

Anyone want to talk any trash for the game lol... I mean, I'm going Bengals 84 - Lions 20. You come back on our third team.

Seriously though, watch our 3rd string QB Jeff Rowe. If he's half as bad as last week it'll still be embarassing... The guy couldn't throw a spiral.

familyguy555
08-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah well watch our first team QB, Jon Kitna...

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah well watch our first team QB, Jon Kitna...

I've had my fill on Kitna for a lifetime haha. He wasn't bad here but sometimes he was just so frustrating. I'm glad he's back in town, I root for him in Detroit he's a good guy.

BRAVEHEART
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Calvin is gonna blow-up this year.

familyguy555
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Wheres Bodden???

BRAVEHEART
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
He's there. I can't see the game, but he has a tackle or two on NFL.com's gamecenter.

familyguy555
08-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah I just saw him.

Scotty D
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Palmer is getting hit way to much for a pre-season game. Get him out of there.

BRAVEHEART
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Palmer is getting hit way to much for a pre-season game. Get him out of there.

I'm liking the sound of that.

PalmerToCJ
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Ugh. That was ugly. First team offense had its moments, Chris Perry is still a beast... He just gives that extra burst Rudi never had. Holt and Maxwell did a pretty solid job, I was impressed with them. The line sucked while the 1st team for the Lions was in there. The Jurassic line was rough at first but then they started to get it going.

Rivers is a beast. Fitzpatrick is a solid backup. Hall and JJ definitely didn't impress me. I hope Sims isn't hurt bad. The Dline didn't do much of anything. I like what I see from Marvin white. Utecht, although he missed that one catch was solid. Not sure why Carson didn't find him more, granted he spent a lot of time on his back.

Ugh, the defense looked like it was last year. I swear, it was like watching the same thing. First 3rd and 10... Sure enough they get a first down.

Ahmad needs to get it together, he hardly plays with the 3rd string. If he's having that much trouble at SLB just put him over to MLB, jeeze.

Bengalsrocket
08-18-2008, 03:30 AM
This game was a big disappointment. its always good to see our guys get knocked around, play like **** and walk away with several injuries. Hey if we're gonna give up 4 sacks a game, at least we've got a back up thats ready to play when Carson goes down. :rolleyes:

Anyways, Utecht continues to impress me. If him and Perry can translate their hard work to the regular season I think we might have a shot at not going 0-16 :(

Also if Rivers can play like that for 4 quarters I think we might have this year DROY on our team. He's staying close to the ball, which is all I can ask for really.

Heres to hoping game 3 and 4 turn out better!

lost33cause
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
That was definetly a disappointing game to watch. I went to the game and DVRed it so i'm going to back and break down some of the players that I wanted to see how they did.

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't recall ever seeing the Lions play so well in a preseason game.

My season win prediction might have just spiked by a game after watching.

PalmerToCJ
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't recall ever seeing the Lions play so well in a preseason game.

My season win prediction might have just spiked by a game after watching.

I don't blame you. CJ looked like a monster out there.

And the chick in your sig makes me happy, you can't post here enough lol.

StripedWalrus
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM

I think she looks like a hobbit...I dont find hobbits attractive at all...

I didnt get to watch the game...but from what I am hearing Im not liking it.

PalmerToCJ
08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I think she looks like a hobbit...I dont find hobbits attractive at all...

I didnt get to watch the game...but from what I am hearing Im not liking it.

A gymnast chick with a rack would be amazing in the sack (yeah, I rhymed). Don't tell me you wouldn't.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Dx9PgGcfI

Well, the defense couldn't generate any pressure hardly. That was the most frustrating part.

Calvin Johnson had a long reception 1 on 1 against Hall, it honestly didn't bother me too bad given Hall was with him step for step. It's just that Johnson is a beast and got in better position for the ball.

It just killed me that we created no pressure and gave up a 3rd and 10... Just like nothing has changed. I mean, the secondary technically got drilled but come on, no CB could cover a guy as long as they had to. Ahmad Brooks is probably going to get cut...

Xiomera
08-18-2008, 05:29 PM

I'll see if I can muster up a few Bengals comments from time to time, haha.

StripedWalrus
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
A gymnast chick with a rack would be amazing in the sack (yeah, I rhymed). Don't tell me you wouldn't.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Dx9PgGcfI

Well, the defense couldn't generate any pressure hardly. That was the most frustrating part.

Calvin Johnson had a long reception 1 on 1 against Hall, it honestly didn't bother me too bad given Hall was with him step for step. It's just that Johnson is a beast and got in better position for the ball.

It just killed me that we created no pressure and gave up a 3rd and 10... Just like nothing has changed. I mean, the secondary technically got drilled but come on, no CB could cover a guy as long as they had to. Ahmad Brooks is probably going to get cut...

wouldnt touch her with a 2x4....and she likes hip hop...

Ahmad definantly needs to be cut...the man is a huge letdown.

Bengalsrocket
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought she looked good in the signature, but then once I saw the interview it killed it a bit :(

PalmerToCJ
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm just confused, I'm as picky as they come but man... She's a no doubter for me.

As long as it keeps our mind off last night.

On an better note... At least we didn't get smoked (with our 1st team) half as bad as Cleveland is right now.

StripedWalrus
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Cleveland isnt really a good team...just all hype.

themaninblack
08-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Calvin Johnson is a monster. That was pretty ugly but there were some good things. The Jurassic line obviously needs some more time together but they were impressive for the most part. Even when they **** up we get 4 yards. Guychick is terrible.

Angelo Craig absolutely destroyed someone on the Lions on a punt return. It was insane.

Also, Fitzpatrick is a keeper.

StripedWalrus
08-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Calvin Johnson is a monster. That was pretty ugly but there were some good things. The Jurassic line obviously needs some more time together but they were impressive for the most part. Even when they **** up we get 4 yards. Guychick is terrible.

Angelo Craig absolutely destroyed someone on the Lions on a punt return. It was insane.

I am incredibly impressed by Fitzpatrick. The guy is probably one of the best Backups I have seen lately. Glad we have the a solid guy behind Palmer.

Gaychit may be the worst thing I have ever seen anywhere...can we trade him for some Gatoraide or something?

PalmerToCJ
08-19-2008, 12:20 AM
I must say, with Fitzpatrick I would be confident he would be able to beat a lower tier team if we were in a bind (please no).

Shere Khan
08-20-2008, 10:35 AM
wouldnt touch her with a 2x4....and she likes hip hop...

rofl

"Yeah man, she likes hip-hop.......I was all set to marry her 'til she spewed that drivel.."

I really don't understand why folks have such a issue with hip-hop.

Bengalsrocket
08-20-2008, 02:10 PM

If Fitzpatrick continues to play the way he does, I wouldn't mind trading him for something. He's gotta be more valuable than most other back up QBs right now.

Speaking of good back ups, Seneca Wallace had a good game the other day too. It'll be interesting to see if any teams make an effort to try and get one of these guys next year for their QB battles.

StripedWalrus
08-20-2008, 06:18 PM
If Fitzpatrick continues to play the way he does, I wouldn't mind trading him for something. He's gotta be more valuable than most other back up QBs right now.

Speaking of good back ups, Seneca Wallace had a good game the other day too. It'll be interesting to see if any teams make an effort to try and get one of these guys next year for their QB battles.

Well fitzy had some good games with St Louis last year and thats why we grabbed him. We needed a solid backup.

StripedWalrus
08-20-2008, 06:19 PM
rofl

"Yeah man, she likes hip-hop.......I was all set to marry her 'til she spewed that drivel.."

I really don't understand why folks have such a issue with hip-hop.

Marry? pffft I wouldnt even bang that hobbit if she was above 18. Marry, I couldnt walk by her without saying something about the shire...she isnt that bad though I poke more fun than I should...though, Hip hop!!!! Id rather her be a hobbit. A hobbit that liikes hip hop...just is crazy combo!