15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Washington Redskins
13. Seattle Seahawks
12. Philadelphia Eagles
11. Green Bay Packers
10. Minnesota Vikings
9. New Orleans Saints
8. Cleveland Browns

OK, so I should have just moved forward, but, I didn't want to seem like I was trying to sway the vote in any way. So on we go.

djp
08-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Why does Pittsburgh continue to be misspelled? Annoying me.

Cribbs>Hester
08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Why does Pittsburgh continue to be misspelled? Annoying me.

I've been wondering the same thing.

Anyhow, this is a joke. In no way is Pittsburgh a Top 6 team and they don't deserve to go any further.

jballa838
08-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Cleveland got shafted by Pitts huge fan base on this site along with The GMen's.
That being said I vote Pitt.

BeerBaron
08-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I voted Pittsburgh but I really thought about it with them and the Giants. Pittsburgh's o-line is questionable but they have some major weapons on offense and you know the Defense will still be very solid...

In terms of their final record, I expect them to be worse than some teams who've already gone off but thing about it, power rankings are supposed to measure how good a team is and I think Pittsburgh is about right where they should be....

Pittsburgh now, Giants get a post superbowl gift and get to go next imo.

Malaka
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, it should be Pittsburgh, and then G-Men. Then it will get interesting again.

We overrated Cleveland a lot...

yo123
08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Well I disagree with the result, but I think we can start the next thread now.

MetSox17
08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I went with the Giants. The offenses are fairly as potent, the pass rush similar as well, but what swayed me was the Pittsburgh secondary. Light years ahead of the Giants.

scottyboy
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I went with the Giants. The offenses are fairly as potent, the pass rush similar as well, but what swayed me was the Pittsburgh secondary. Light years ahead of the Giants.

a piss poor secondary didn't stop us last year did it?

we win where it counts, the trenches...

Turtlepower
08-17-2008, 09:23 PM
I really think that Jacksonville will regress a lot next year. The Giants have a lot more going for them than Jacksonville, imo.

diabsoule
08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
I really think that Jacksonville will regress a lot next year. The Giants have a lot more going for them than Jacksonville, imo.

I agree. I think Jacksonville is going to struggle, esp on D, this year.

princefielder28
08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
it's about time for Pittsburgh to get off the board

BeerBaron
08-17-2008, 10:43 PM
the Giants got some post superbowl love from everyone, but their ride ends next i feel...

eaglesfan_45
08-17-2008, 11:08 PM
the Giants got some post superbowl love from everyone, but their ride ends next i feel...

Thats the only reason they've made it this far. Had they not made it to the superbowl, they would have been gone a while ago.

scottyboy
08-17-2008, 11:28 PM
the post super bowl hate for the giants is ridiculous. how the **** does the super bowl champs get this much hate. it's crazy.

BeerBaron
08-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Thats the only reason they've made it this far. Had they not made it to the superbowl, they would have been gone a while ago.

the team is...yanno...the defending champs. they did something right last year.... so they get the benefit of the doubt over more questionable teams like the Saints, Browns and Vikes.

scottyboy
08-17-2008, 11:32 PM

if the eagles beat the giants or made the playoffs maybe they'd still be around... oh wait

if the pats beat the Giants, they would've gone 19-0

if the queen had a weiner, she'd be the king

wanna play more if the games?

Cribbs>Hester
08-17-2008, 11:38 PM
New York is getting a lot of underserved hate and lack of respect, yet someone like Pittsburgh who's defense is aging and the offensive lines declining performances the last few years are getting waaaaaaay too much love.

I would actually go with Indianapolis before the Giants as well. Peyton Manning is now a question mark with an injury is Harrison going to be the same, Dwight Freeney had a serious foot injury, can Bob Sanders stay healthy and the defense played over their heads last season can that last ect.

eaglesfan_45
08-17-2008, 11:44 PM
if the eagles beat the giants or made the playoffs maybe they'd still be around... oh wait

if the pats beat the Giants, they would've gone 19-0

if the queen had a weiner, she'd be the king

wanna play more if the games?

if the Giants didn't lose so many players they might get more respect

if Eli was a half decent QB the Giants might get more respect

if the Giants had more Rutgers alumni they might get more respect :D

eaglesfan_45
08-17-2008, 11:44 PM
New York is getting a lot of underserved hate and lack of respect, yet someone like Pittsburgh who's defense is aging and the offensive lines declining performances the last few years are getting waaaaaaay too much love.

I would actually go with Indianapolis before the Giants as well. Peyton Manning is now a question mark with an injury is Harrison going to be the same, Dwight Freeney had a serious foot injury, can Bob Sanders stay healthy and the defense played over their heads last season can that last ect.

are you kidding?

Smooth Criminal
08-17-2008, 11:46 PM
The Giants got hot at the right time and made a great run at the Superbowl. Much like the 05 Steelers. Neither was the best team in the league when they won the superbowl and both were greatly overrated the following year.

Smooth Criminal
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
the post super bowl hate for the giants is ridiculous. how the **** does the super bowl champs get this much hate. it's crazy.

Trust me. The Steelers took this much after they won in 05.

But the haters were right. The Steelers didnt make the playoffs the next year.

etk
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Vikings and Saints in the top 10? This is a weak year at the top. I'd say Pittsburgh is way too high too, but the teams behind them are no better. Ugh...

diabsoule
08-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Looks like Pittsburgh won this one. Time for the next one.

eaglesfan_45
08-18-2008, 04:01 AM
did the Steelers win or lose this poll? hmmm....

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 07:53 AM
The Giants got hot at the right time and made a great run at the Superbowl. Much like the 05 Steelers. Neither was the best team in the league when they won the superbowl and both were greatly overrated the following year.

I made that same comparison in an earlier thread, but apparently none of the Giants fans went for it...

scottyboy
08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
if the Giants didn't lose so many players they might get more respect

if Eli was a half decent QB the Giants might get more respect

if the Giants had more Rutgers alumni they might get more respect :D

hmm lose so many players? We lost strahan. that's it. don't give me the shockey, gibril or mitchell crap because those weren't big losses by any means.(well shockey's explosiveness, but getting rid of his mouth is addition by subtraction. he didn't wanna be here, so we're better off)

and yea, damn Eli he cost us the Super Bowl last year he's so mediocre.... oh wait...

and one of our offensive captains is an RU alum, you lose

Jonny
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
heh, give it a rest buddy