PDA

View Full Version : Suggs re-signs w/ Ravens.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-suggs&prov=ap&type=lgns

Suggs signed a 1 year deal worth $8.47 million. I think this could lead to Ray Lewis wanting 9-10 million and Bart Scott asking for 6-7 million.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Suggs has been a hell of a player for the Ravens. He had a great rookie year and has looked pretty good ever since.

It'll be interesting to see if they can keep him long term.

yourfavestoner
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Ray Lewis isn't going to be a Raven next year.

Gay Ork Wang
08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
yea if i was him id try to get a last shot at another ring

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I can't wait until the day Ray Lewis retires

Malaka
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
This is a good signing, Suggs is a very good young pass rusher, hopefully they can lock him up long term.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
IDK what will happen, personally I think Scott and Ray want to stay in Baltimore more then Suggs. I could see Suggs looking at ARI or maybe MIN to start opposite of Allen. Could Anquan Boldin for Suggs trade go down? 2 stars that probably wont be w/ the team in a year or 2, I doubt it happens.

YFS do you think if Ray doesnt come back would it be about the $ or him not wanting to be on a junk team?

Geo
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
The title is a bit misleading imo, I thought the Ravens signed Suggs to a long-term deal. He just signed his franchise tag tander and reported.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I think Ray wants to be on a contender. He knows he doesn't have alot of time left and he doesnt want to waste his last good years waiting for the Ravens offense to give them a shot at winning.

yourfavestoner
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I think Ray wants to be on a contender. He knows he doesn't have alot of time left and he doesnt want to waste his last good years waiting for the Ravens offense to give them a shot at winning.

Not only that, but the Ravens realize that they're entering rebuilding mode, and they're not gonna want to pay his old, declining ass whatever obscene amount of money he thinks he's worth.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
I wont be shocked if we do pay him whatever he wants.

Geo
08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Lewis wants to get paid.

I'm sure he thinks he's a lock for Canton already, so he'll go for one last payday above all else.

yourfavestoner
08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I wont be shocked if we do pay him whatever he wants.

I would be. The NFL is a game of replacement, not of maintenance. They're probably not going to be able to afford both Suggs and Lewis, and they'd be idiotic to keep an old middle linebacker over a young, stud passrusher.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
But honestly I am not sure if Suggs wants to be in Baltimore. He can go to a great D and good team and his hometown in MIN who could use someone opposite of Allen, or ARI where he also lived. So we may have the $ to pay him if Suggs leaves.

RaiderNation
08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
If Suggs were to go to the Vikings there D line would be unstoppable. Maybe raiders try to overpay for him too if he goes to FA hopefully. Burgess and Suggs would be nasty.

As for Lewis I cant really see him going to where. Will play for 2 more years and get his money they retire

bored of education
08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Saw this comming. Good for both parties!

MetSox17
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
If Suggs were to go to the Vikings there D line would be unstoppable. Maybe raiders try to overpay for him too if he goes to FA hopefully. Burgess and Suggs would be nasty.

As for Lewis I cant really see him going to where. Will play for 2 more years and get his money they retire

At some point you have to develop a player instead of pouring a huge chunk of your salary cap on one area. Robison or Edwards should provide enough for them at the other End spot, so there's no need to offer up the type of jack Suggs will be looking for next off-season.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
he may take a pay cut to play w/ his hometown team.

Vikings4ever
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM
At some point you have to develop a player instead of pouring a huge chunk of your salary cap on one area. Robison or Edwards should provide enough for them at the other End spot, so there's no need to offer up the type of jack Suggs will be looking for next off-season.

Plus hopefully Udeze will be able to come back next year. Put him in on running downs, Edwards/Robison on passing downs. They don't equal Suggs, but they're a lot cheaper.

A Perfect Score
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM

YFS, if i didnt love you so much, i would neg rep you for this blasphemy...

Ray will be a Raven. Its Bart Scott who wont be. Do you really think the organization is ready to let one of the most prolific LB's in history walk? Not only is he still playing at an above average level, he is more important to the franchise then probably everyone but Ozzie Newsome. Ray will get his money, and it will be from Baltimore.

And i hope to god we cut that cocky overpriced overrated trash talking POS Bart Scott. Give his money to Suggs and Lewis. Gooden will be ready to step in and dominate next to ray :D

oh and im glad we got suggs locked in for the year, gives us time to negotiate a long term contract. While Suggs is at his best when he has a strong pass rusher across from him, the return of Trevor Pryce should help him put up Pro Bowls numbers again. He is the youngest player in NFL history to 20 career sacks, so I hope he gets back to those early day numbers.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I agree, Ravens wont let the face of the franchise, the best player in history of the team, the face of baltimore Sports the past couple of years. If we can get Suggs it will be him and Lewis, Scott can be replaceable in our team, Ray would be harder to replace. And i am the only person that semi-likes Scott on the whole message board.

BigDawg819
08-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Suggs will be a Raven and Ray won't. Haven't we done this before? Suggs does want to be a Raven and all this Arizona bs is from that interview he did at an ASU basketball game for the ASU school paper. He has said time and time again that he wants to stay in Baltimore and will be resigned. The Ravens are just doing the same tactic that they did when CMac was in his contract years with franchising him and waiting for production before signing him long term.

As for Ray Ray, dear God I hope this is his last year disgracing the Purple and Black. I'm tired of this ASSCLOWN thinking that the franchise revolves around him and we all should hail him as our Savior or some nonsense. This delusional moron thinks he's the best Defensive Player in the game and wants to be paid as such. Screw your old ass Ray because YOU'RE WRONG AND I HOPE TO CHRIST YOU ARE SOME OTHER TEAMS HEADACHE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cribbs>Hester
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Isn't the CBA suppose to end here shortly and no sign of an extention?

If that is the case then Terrell Suggs will be a Dallas Cowboy oppposite DeMarcuse Ware creating one of the scariest pass rusher tandems ever.

nrk
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree, Ravens wont let the face of the franchise, the best player in history of the team, the face of baltimore Sports the past couple of years. If we can get Suggs it will be him and Lewis, Scott can be replaceable in our team, Ray would be harder to replace. And i am the only person that semi-likes Scott on the whole message board.

I didn't think Favre would go to another team.

LonghornsLegend
08-19-2008, 09:17 PM
yea if i was him id try to get a last shot at another ring

Bring him to Dallas :D I would love to see Zach and Ray Ray as some old timers in the middle lol.

Malaka
08-19-2008, 09:19 PM
I didn't think Favre would go to another team.

Well Unless Ray retires, and the Ravens draft a LB in the 2nd and 7th round, and keep Bart Scott to replace him, and then Ray comes back from retirement and demands to play... I doubt that happens we won't have a Favre fiasco, because if Favre did not retire before the draft... he would still be the starting QB in Green Bay right now. I doubt Ray Lewis goes anywhere, he will retire a Raven, and he is the face of their franchise... but ESPN thinks it is Matt Stover lol but w/e.

BigDawg819
08-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Well Unless Ray retires, and the Ravens draft a LB in the 2nd and 7th round, and keep Bart Scott to replace him, and then Ray comes back from retirement and demands to play... I doubt that happens we won't have a Favre fiasco, because if Favre did not retire before the draft... he would still be the starting QB in Green Bay right now. I doubt Ray Lewis goes anywhere, he will retire a Raven, and he is the face of their franchise... but ESPN thinks it is Matt Stover lol but w/e.

Ray really isn't that caliber if you really think about his antics the last few years and how he's actually been "cancer" for the franchise. Stover is the franchise plain and simple. He's the only Raven that has been there since the beginning and IS our offense. Well deserved "honor" for him to get that recognition on ESPN.

As for the drafting a LB early, we did just take Gooden from Miami in the 3rd round this past draft.

skinzzfan25
08-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Matt Stover is straight money.

nrk
08-19-2008, 09:59 PM

Right, because the same situation has to happen for Ray to leave town. I personally don't believe it will happen, but I wouldn't say it isn't a possibility. Maybe he wants another ring.

Ravens1991
08-19-2008, 10:04 PM
we better retire Stover # he has been the offense for years!

say Ray retires I think we would sign Scott and let Gooden carry the U LB tradition.

BigDawg819
08-19-2008, 10:06 PM
we better retire Stover # he has been the offense for years!

say Ray retires I think we would sign Scott and let Gooden carry the U LB tradition.

Ray Ray won't retire, he's already said he's got 3-5 years left......